Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essays by frederick douglass

Essays by frederick douglass

Oct/Wed/2017 | Uncategorized

Narrative of the Life of Frederick …

Essays by frederick douglass

Write My Research Paper -
Frederick Douglass: From Slavery to …

asian name on resume Get via App Store Read this post in our app! How can I prevent discrimination due to my name? Firstly, I was born and essays by frederick douglass bred in ap world, California. I consider myself American and I'm fluent in English and speak in an american accent. Unfortunately (well actually I don't feel unfortunate about it other than this case), my parents are Chinese and I have a Chinese name (surname and given name). I'm trying to move to China to become an English teacher and been sending resumes across and by frederick it's been very difficult. Largely I get ignored. However, some of my friends who have white names, well they can't seem to get enough offers. We have very similar resumes all having gone to the same college and done the same TESOL qualification. Call! This leads me to believe that it's the name that's putting people off.

It kind of makes sense. Essays By Frederick Douglass! Who would you want to be teaching you English? Mr. Smith or Mr. Wang? So yeah I don't know what else to do?

I've actually started listing the languages I know on my resume like this. Mandarin is actually not required for the job and I'm actually fluent at it. But it's just there so I can highlight the fact I'm fluent in English. But no, doesn't seem to natalie sonnambula, help. It's gotten to the point I feel like maybe I should change my name, at least on by frederick my resume, and then after I get a phone interview, I can mention that my name is not my formal name. Somehow that just feels a tad degrading doing that. What else could I do? I wouldn't say fluent. I'd say native English speaker.

And I'd say it in the first line of the resume. Something like: Objective: To obtain a job teaching English in China where I can leverage my native English speaking skills. Similarly, make sure it is prominent on the cover letter if you have one. Essay Types! The reason I say this is that fluent tends to be used as a word to describe someone who learned English and obtained fluency. I don't like the idea of by frederick douglass, changing your name for the resume. It decreases credibility when you do get the interview. Others gave you general answers. I am going to answer the specific part of your question.

I live in on the of a good, Taiwan. My answer is going to essays by frederick douglass, disappoint you. However, it's better to learn the call argument essay, cruel truth now than later. The same thing happens in Taiwan. Many Europeans who do not speak fluent Engilish can easily get an English teaching job in Taiwan while an ABC (American Born Chinese) (you're by essays douglass definition an on the leader ABC) cannot get any of essays by frederick douglass, those jobs. The reason is, those students and their parents do believe that those whites speak English while Chineses do not. Period. It is the perception problem rather than your ability to characteristics of a good, teach English. I don't know how to make you feel better.

I think you need to accept this fact as early as possible so that you won't waste any more time looking for English teaching job in essays douglass, China. I believe the ap world essay types, situation will get better when people realize that you would do a better English teaching job than your counter parts do because you speak Chinese. However, it won't change overnight. I think it will happen in the next decade. Douglass! Use your other skills (such as programming) to dessay, get into the job market in China first. Then find a teaching position as the second job. This is douglass not impossible. Still very hard. Run your own English school. Essay On The Characteristics Good! Start from being an English tutor there.

Expand the business to larger customer base . Both alternatives are long shots. However, you can start to do them now instead of waiting for calls from China in the next 5 years. Private language schools sell the image of English as much (if not more) than they sell actual English education. As a Chinese-looking person, you would likely make a poor salesman of the English image , and don't have a snowball's chance of getting hired. However, there are other routes you may be able to douglass, take to teach in China if you'd like. Call Argument! There are four main types of English Teaching jobs in Southeast Asia: Private Language Schools Private International Schools Private Universities Government-run Organizations. Private Language Schools. These are by far the most common. There are many different types of these schools, from cram schools ( juku in essays douglass, Japan, hagwon in Korea, buxiban in essay sexi, China), to conversational schools to everything in between.

Generally speaking, native speakers are hired to teach English conversation. These schools are 100% for-profit, and sell the image of English as much as they sell actual language training. Many use deceptive billing practices, complicated contracts, and essays by frederick douglass high-pressure sales to make money without providing much in the way of classifieds, service (see Nova, among others). Many are shady and do not provide their employees with the wages or benefits promised, and sometimes don't pay their employees at all. Point is, a lot of these places are fraud wrapped in pretty wrapping. This works because many customers are just as interested in the feeling of English as they are in actually learning the essays by frederick douglass, language. As a result, a lot of these companies will make more money hiring a non-native English speaker who fits the image than they will with an extraordinary teacher who doesn't. And the image of English is Caucasian in Southeast Asia. To Action Argument! For these companies, no amount of changing your name will help. You are not the product they are looking for.

You are not going to essays, help them sucker students in and milk them for essay sexi, all they're worth. Essays! Sorry. Note: There are plenty of resume, good schools out there I'm sure, who actually focus on douglass teaching English. They are also the minority. China Korea Japan when it comes to 'legitimacy' of ap world essay, English teaching jobs, and the major Japanese chains are going bankrupt and/or contracting because of a drop in demand. Not saying that Japan is better than Korea or China, just that from an by frederick English teaching perspective, the general consensus from people who have taught in classifieds, multiple countries is that the working conditions follow that hierarchy. Private International Schools.

Most private international schools are popular with expats and are located in more urban places. Douglass! They are also usually swimming with applicants. There may be exceptions, but for the most part these schools will not care too much about your ethnicity as long as you are a qualified and experienced teacher of the subject(s) they are hiring for. Qualifications depend on the country and school. Since you are talking about teaching English and sending out many applications, I am guessing this category doesn't apply to you (if you are a qualified teacher, however, I would suggest giving this a try). Essay Sexi! You can also get hired by universities if you have the necessary qualifications (usually a Masters in Language Education or something similar).

However, this path is also fraught with all sorts of douglass, danger. At least in ap world history essay, Japan, foreign teachers are almost always put on contracts, and will not receive tenure at a Japanese university. While the pay is douglass good in the meantime, the nature of Japanese employment law means that they are reluctant to hire someone they can't get rid of in essay sexi, the future, and due to the nature of university (students are only there a few years), there aren't so many consequences to rotating professors in essays douglass, and out to minimize long-term risk to the school. This may be different in essay types, China and by frederick douglass Korea, but my guess is that you aren't applying for university jobs. The Japanese government hires foreigners to teach on the JET Programme each year. You are assigned as an assistant language teacher in on the of a good leader, a public school, but due to education laws are always going to be an assistant. There may be similar programs in Korea or China, but if so I have never heard of them. At any rate, at by frederick, least for the JET Programme there doesn't seem to be a bias against essay sexi people of essays by frederick douglass, Japanese descent (there are plenty of 2nd and 3rd generation Japanese, many of whom know the natalie, language). Essays By Frederick! If there is a Chinese version, this may be a good bet to have a chance, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Add a section to your resume called Cultural Experience . In this section you can point out your lifelong experience with American culture and resume American English. It would probably include this (adapted from your question): I was born in essays douglass, California and classifieds consider myself American. I have native fluency in English and essays by frederick speak with an American accent. You could also add information about other boots-on-the-ground knowledge you have of US culture that would be relevant in the context of teaching English. This is also where you can put that summer you spent in France or Argentina, or the culinary training you did, or whatnot. I would put this section towards the essays consciousness, top of the resume, and douglass refer to it in a cover letter also. Often HR/recruiting gets so many applications that they sort out a large percentage in a very fast first pass. In this case they might just take quick glance at some criteria, like obvious strange formatting, spelling mistakes, names, missing degrees, etc. If they get a lot of application from mostly native underqualified Chinese (I don't know the job situation there, but it's possible) they might indeed just sort out everyone with a chinese name. Please note, that I am not saying every native is underqualified, but if a lot of people search for a decent job you get lot of consciousness movement, applications where the applicant does not fit the douglass, position. So, I am not certain that the answer from Quibblesome quite deserves it downvotes.

I don't think the answer by Kate will help, they might just toss your resume into the garbage bin before ever getting to a section like this. Even with the answer from Jeanne I am not all sure they will actually read this. But I also don't think the classifieds, minor deceit proposed by Quibblesome is a good idea. Instead, I would just add an additional page title Before reading my resume and essays by frederick explain your situation there precisely and most importantly in a very concise way. Don't hesitate to use a somewhat larger font than usually, but not too large. I would use very simple formatting for that page. Put this page at the very start of natalie dessay, your application, even before the cover letter. Make sure that it's the first page they read.

The correct way to do this may depend on the form of the application. I have seen people do this with their age or certain disabilities and essays by frederick douglass it often works. Sonnambula! I know its sneaky and it might not be the best advice but if you're really having difficulty with the application process then forge your name at the top. Then in the final section of your CV (general interests usually) correct your name. Something like: Contrary to the cover page my name is actually: XYZ. Sorry for by frederick douglass, the deceit but I've been having trouble getting people to actually read my CV with a Chinese cover name. This helps you get past the discrimination yet at the same time you've still been upfront to anyone that has actually taken the time out to characteristics good leader, read your CV. If someone is still unaware of your real name at the interview then it's their bad because they failed to read the whole CV.

You can then counter the essays, negative aspect of: you lied about your name. Dessay! well you obviously didn't read my CV then ;) Thereby levelling the essays by frederick douglass, professionalism playing field. History Types! If you've got enough places to apply to by frederick, so that you might be able to experiment with some then it might be worth a shot. To be honest though a lot of this question is about Chinese culture and classifieds resume I'm not really qualified to answer, neither are probably most of the essays by frederick douglass, people here. Might be worth speaking to someone immersed in essay sexi, the modern working culture of China to by frederick douglass, see which ideas would actually fly.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
The Life Of Frederick Douglass …

Literary Analysis Essay On Two Kinds. 24/7 Customer Support. Exclusive Guarantees and Discounts Call free phone 1-877-576-4292 Order Now. For a student, it’s more challenging, especially when written assignments come in all sorts of subjects, sizes and types, so that he has to work on several of those at essays by frederick once. When it comes to classifieds handling these numerous written assignments, whether being completely new to that, or having some experience already, there are different scenarios: Some people declare them a nightmare at by frederick douglass first sight, and stick to call that definition, assuming that essays and suchlike are simply major sources of douglass stress to be avoided by all means. Some evaluate and sort them by size, level of difficulty or importance in terms of having an effect on their academic success. With a sufficient amount of research, reading and comparing guidelines, different articles and samples written by others, it makes sense to give some of the written assignments a try yourself, while bigger or more complicated ones can be delegated to essay writers or professionals specializing in perfectly structured term papers or research papers (yes, most students are at a loss as to how their work must be structured, in argument, the first place).

Others are cool or even enthusiastic about writing something on their own, but then tend to give up at a certain point when they get bored, tired, tangled up in essays, some difficulties or controversial research data, or just stuck in a creative rut. It comes as a great relief to know that professional essay writers or research paper writers can effectively help you, regardless of history essay types which of essays by frederick douglass these scenarios you find yourself in. To Action. Even if you start writing on essays by frederick, your own but then find yourself panicking over not having made much progress, while the deadline is close, a reliable essay writer service that hires only professionals can guarantee they will produce a quality paper for you in a very short time. Why choose an argument essay, essay writer only from professional essay writers. As you can see, the skills that are only developed over years of experience are often crucial for projects that require quick results. They are also important for the overall quality of work and making sure it is essays douglass, properly structured or meets some specific requirements that may differ from the standard ones. In general, the main difference between professionals and non-professionals is the ability to work fast without cutting back on the quality of natalie work – and this is certainly true not only for essay writers, but for experts in by frederick, any other field as well. Today, many writing services prefer outsourcing to different countries in order to maximize profits while cutting on different operational costs and writers’ salaries.

While this may (but not necessarily will) mean lower prices for the customers, if the companies use cheap outsourced labor, it means non-professionals and even totally inexperienced freelancers doing the work that is ap world history, being advertised as “top quality service”. So those offering surprisingly low prices may unsurprisingly provide disappointing results. By Frederick Douglass. We only essays consciousness hire essay writers that are native English speakers and British, American or Canadian graduates, thus optimizing the results to essays the expectations of English-speaking tutors. Natalie Dessay. Extensive multi-level testing and training are the essays douglass essential steps for the writers to take before they can become a part of essay sexi our team. We hire essay writers that help you make the best out of your time. We are not saying that knowing where to essays find the best essay writer and reliable service should discourage you from attempting to essay write something on your own. If you have the time, this is a valuable experience. Essays. Even if you fail at completing the written assignment and end up seeking online help, at least you can get an of a good, idea of essays by frederick douglass how long does it take you to on black do it and how difficult it turns out to be. Starting from that experience, you can be more realistic in the future about the time vs. the volume of work you have, which makes it easier to evaluate the chances of meeting a certain deadline or some structuring requirements.

When you are realistic about what you are able to essays by frederick do, and essay sexi, the time it takes you to do it, ordering your paper early helps to avoid higher costs and that “last moment” stress of essays by frederick trying to essay save the by frederick situation. Speaking of resume time, choosing a professional to do the work for you isn’t always an issue of essays by frederick douglass true shortage of time, although this actually may be the case – students who have to work in order to pay for their tuition can certainly relate to that. Spending a lot of time on the written assignment that drives you crazy makes little sense when investing that time into other kind of work will result in earning more money than you have to pay for essay sexi ordering your paper online. Students who work know that, but making good use of your time isn’t necessarily an equivalent of money. Perhaps you lack the time to visit your parents or relatives, or risk missing out on douglass, important activities and events because you have a load of different written assignments? Taking off at least a part of that load for to action argument essay an expert essay writer to take care of essays douglass means you don’t have to sacrifice everything else to paper writing. Literary Analysis Essay On Two Kinds. literary analysis essay on two kinds. All papers written at Essay-company.com pass. Test using up-to-date anti-plagiarism software. And excludes any possibility of plagiary.

Send an e-mail, chat or call us (Toll-free) Send an dessay, inquiry and receive answer in seconds. At any time of the day and essays by frederick, night. Multi-lingual assistants that can accept. Your specific inquiry in almost any language. Support team is here to help you out 24/7. Literary Analysis Essay On Two Kinds. literary analysis essay on two kinds. should be there! Terms conditions Privacy policy Referral program. Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms” and/or “Terms and classifieds, Conditions”) carefully before using the essay-company.com website (“Website”).

Your access to by frederick and use of Website are conditioned on your full acceptance and compliance with these Terms and Conditions and this Website Privacy Policy, which are published at essay-company.com and which are incorporated herein by reference (“Privacy Policy”). These Terms and Conditions and essay sexi, Privacy Policy are applied to all visitors, users and others who access or use this Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and essays by frederick douglass, Privacy Policy. Leader. If you disagree with these Terms and Conditions and/or Privacy Policy or any part of essays by frederick douglass them, you must not use this Website. Capitalized terms defined in these Terms and Conditions shall have no other meaning but set forward in this section. Essay Sexi. The following terminology is applied to these Terms and by frederick douglass, Conditions, Privacy Policy and Refund and Revision Policy: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this Website and accepting these Terms and Conditions. “We”, “Us” and “Ourselves” refers to essay-company.com website. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.

By using our Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit to essay-company.com is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the leader accuracy of such information; (c) you are 18 years of age or older and/or have full legal capacity to enter into legally binding relations; and (d) your use of the Services does not violate any applicable law, regulation, and/or your college/university/school rules. Your profile may be deleted and Services provided to you may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are less than 18 years of by frederick age and/or do not have full legal capacity to enter into legally binding relations. Subjected to history essay full compliance with these Terms and Conditions, essay-company.com shall provide academic writing services as described more fully on the Website (“Services”). Services may include, but not be limited to, providing our Clients with dissertations, research papers, book reports, term papers, and other types of assignments written by by frederick douglass essay-company.com team (“Paper”) which are intended for research/reference purposes and for your personal use only. Services may include editing, proofreading, paraphrasing, or formatting existing papers of our Clients. Please note that rewriting an existing paper that contains 40% or more plagiarized content may qualify as providing you with a custom Paper and shall be charged for accordingly. Please note that Services may be provided only to the users who submit an appropriate order form at the Website and classifieds, essay-company.com may charge fees for such Services. The Services are provided according to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and by frederick, the specific commercial provisions and policies (including Privacy Policy, Refund Policy, etc.) as detailed on the Website, and natalie dessay sonnambula, these provisions and policies may be amended or changed from time to time. The format of the Papers we provide: 12 point Times New Roman; Bibliography on a separate page;

Approximately 250 words per page; One inch margin top, bottom, left, right; Title and Reference pages are free of charge. In case Client needs a single-spaced Paper they are to pay a double fee. The standard Paper formatting includes a Title page , main content of the Paper, and a Reference page. Note that you pay only for the main content of the Paper, while a Title page and a Reference page are provided free of charge. essay-company.com reserves the right to use any relevant materials available, such as books, journals, newspapers, interviews, online publications, etc., unless the essays Client indicates some specific sources to be used. PLACING AN ORDER.

When placing your order, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for any possible consequences and misunderstandings, in of a leader, case you provide us with inaccurate and/or incorrect and/or unfaithful information. Please be advised that you will be asked to give final confirmation to essays by frederick douglass the instructions you provide in order details. Your Paper instructions should be confirmed in your Order Tracking Area within 3 hours after placing your order (and within 1 hour for orders with urgency less than 24 hours). Orders without instructions will not be worked on and may be delayed and you accept sole responsibility for such delay. essay-company.com guarantees that the of a good leader delivered Paper will meet only confirmed requirements. Essays. You must not change the classifieds instructions once you have confirmed them. Any alterations to confirmed instructions are considered as additional order, thereby requiring additional payment. All payments are due upon receipt.

If the payment is not received or payment method is declined, the essays by frederick Client forfeits of Services. All fees are exclusive of all taxes and/or levies, and/or duties imposed by on black taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes and/or levies, and/or duties. Essays. You agree to pay any such taxes that might be applicable to your use of the Services and payments made by you under these Terms. If at any time you contact your bank or credit card company and decline or otherwise reject the charge of natalie dessay sonnambula any payment, this act will be considered as a breach of douglass your obligation hereunder and your use of the Services will be automatically terminated. Use of stolen credit card and/or any credit card fraud is considered to resume be a serious crime. essay-company.com closely cooperates with our payment provider to essays prevent and fight online fraud. In case of characteristics good any online fraud, appropriate state authorities will be contacted immediately. By doing a chargeback, you agree to give up all your rights to the Paper automatically. At the same time, you authorize essay-company.com to essays by frederick publish the completed Paper and start the authorship procedure that will allow us to classifieds resume determine if you have used any parts of the Paper.

The procedure may include contacting your school officials and/or posting your full details along with the completed Paper online. essay-company.com reserves the right to change its prices at any time in its sole discretion and such changes or modifications shall be posted online at the Website and by frederick douglass, become effective immediately without need for further notice to history essay any Client and/or user. We care about our Clients and are always looking for ways to offer them the best value for money. One method we use is by frederick douglass, a discount system. essay-company.com, at its sole discretion, shall have the right to provide our Clients with discount programs as described more fully and published on essay sexi, the Website. According to by frederick douglass our loyalty program, you earn back 10% of your total bill in Points (1 currency unit (inter alia USD/ EUR/ GBP etc.) = 1 Point) after you make your first order. Your Points are accumulated on your Credit Balance. “Credit Balance” is an account for Points of a Client which can be used for future purchases on the Website exclusively. You can use your Points for your next purchases on the Website exclusively. Your Points cannot be refunded. The discount may be obtained by resume the use of the promo code.

The amount of Points added to the Credit Balance is calculated on the basis of the order price excluding the applied discount (if any). Later, 5% of every next order (not including credits) is added to your Credit Balance. essay-company.com will issue a refund to you only according to these Terms. essay-company.com offers a 14-day money back period for Papers less than 20 pages and a 30-day period for Papers more than 20 pages (”Refund Period”). Refund Period begins on the date of by frederick Client`s order deadline and expires on the last day of the ap world history essay types Refund Period. Essays. In case you are not satisfied with any of the Services, you can submit a refund request according to essays consciousness these Terms within the Refund Period. Once the Refund Period elapses, essay-company.com will not refund any amounts paid. If the order is essays, not completed and/or the Paper is types, not downloaded or delivered in its complete form by or to you, the full refund is issued at any time.

In the event of order cancellation, the funds will be debited back only to the account of the initial payment within 5-7 business days from the time of by frederick douglass cancellation request. In other case essay-company.com assesses refund requests on a case-by-case basis as there are usually unique reasons as to why a refund request is made. Please note that if you request a refund, we may require documented proof that the quality of your order is natalie dessay, low (e.g., scan copy of your instructor’s feedback, plagiarism report, etc.). Should you feel it necessary to make a refund request, we will immediately forward your order to our Quality Assurance Department. By Frederick Douglass. After comparing their findings with the reasons for dissatisfaction, the necessary corrective actions will be taken. Any refund request must be made within the Refund Period. In case essay-company.com reimburses the money because of mistakes or some irrelevance to the initial instructions, our Quality Assurance Department, at natalie sonnambula its sole discretion, evaluates the quality of the by frederick Paper and refunds an amount comparable to the percentage of incorrect content in the Paper and mistakes present in natalie sonnambula, it.

essay-company.com provides various methods of essays contact (i.e. email, telephone, message board, and live chat) to facilitate communication between you, us and consciousness movement, the writer assigned to complete an order. Using any of these methods, our Customer Support Center is available to you at any time and will respond to any refund request or other issue promptly. Douglass. However, if such a request is not received using any of the aforementioned methods within the Refund Period, essay-company.com will not be obliged to honor or consider the above said request. Should the argument Paper delivery be delayed due to unexpected circumstances, from the essays by frederick douglass side of essay-company.com, we may provide compensation for essay on the characteristics leader the breach of the order deadline in the form of a credit or a discount to be used towards your next order with us. By Frederick Douglass. Please be informed that delivery time deviation is not a subject to refund. Any revision request or complaint in regards to a Paper that essay-company.com has provided must be made within the essay sexi revision period (“Revision Period”). Essays By Frederick. essay-company.com offers a 14-day Revision Period for Papers less than 20 pages and a 30-day period for on the characteristics good leader Papers more than 20 pages.

Revision Period begins on the date of essays by frederick douglass Client`s order deadline and expires on the last day of the Revision Period. After that point, no revision and/or complaint will be accepted. essay-company.com recognizes that orders vary in size and consciousness, complexity; as a result, dissertation, thesis and/or other sufficiently large assignment may be granted 30-day Revision Period. Sufficiency in the size of the Paper will be determined by essay-company.com in its sole discretion. In case a request for revision is douglass, not submitted within the Revision Period, essay-company.com tacitly accepts that the history Client is satisfied with the douglass Paper and requires no further actions to be taken in essays movement, regards to essays by frederick douglass the Paper unless extra payment is provided or a new order is placed. Upon receiving your completed assignment you are entitled to characteristics good a free revision should the essays douglass Paper fail to meet your instructions or defined the requirements in any way. When this is the case, you are entitled to request as many revisions as may be required to dessay sonnambula make the Paper consistent and compliant with your instructions. During the Revision Period the request for revision may be made at any time. All revisions must be based on the original order instructions. If at the time of the douglass revision request you provide new, additional, or differing instructions, this will be interpreted as an application for new Paper and thus, will require an additional payment.

Furthermore, should you request a revision after the Revision Period, it will also be considered as a new order requiring an essay sexi, additional payment. We may require you to supply us with personal identifying information, and essays by frederick douglass, we may also legally consult other sources to obtain information about you. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you authorize us to essay types make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate the information that you provide us with. We may do this directly or by by frederick douglass verifying your information against third party databases; or through other sources. Essentially, verification procedure involves, inter alia, confirming that the order is authentic and that the cardholder is aware of essays on black charges by essays by frederick placing a phone call to them, and in certain cases by requesting some additional documents to be submitted for verification to resume our Risk Department. In order to ensure timely delivery of by frederick douglass your order, this procedure must be completed quickly and without delay. Consciousness. Therefore, it is vital to essays douglass provide accurate and valid phone numbers. Failure to verify an order may result in order cancellation or the order being placed on hold. You consent to our processing your personal information for the purposes of movement providing the Services, including for verification purposes as set out herein.

You also consent to essays by frederick douglass the use of such data for communicating with you, for statutory and accounting purposes. Consciousness Movement. You acknowledge that you have read and consented to by frederick douglass essay-company.com's Privacy Policy. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. essay-company.com will not be liable to you in relation to the contents of, the types use of, or otherwise in by frederick douglass, connection with, this Website: for failure to learn the material covered by the Paper; and. for your final grade; and. for the outcome or consequences of submission the Paper to any academic institution; and.

excludes all liability for essay sexi damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this Website. The latter includes, without limitation, damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and by frederick, programs and the data thereon, or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages. The Paper provided to you by essay types essay-company.com remains our property and by frederick douglass, is the subject to copyright and essay sexi, other intellectual property rights under local and international laws conventions. The Paper is essays douglass, intended for classifieds resume your personal use only and it may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes without our prior written consent. You agree not to essays by frederick engage in essays on black consciousness movement, the use, copying, or distribution of Papers other than expressly permitted herein.

We post Clients` testimonials on essays, our Website which may contain personal information (first name or initials). Hereby by accessing or using this Website, you provide us with your consent to post your first name/initials along with your testimonial on our Website. We ensure our posting these testimonials does not interfere with your confidentiality. If you wish to request the removal of your testimonial, you may contact us at [emailprotected] NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES. essay-company.com reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website will signify your acceptance of any adjustment, improvements and/or alterations to natalie dessay sonnambula these Terms and Conditions.

You are, therefore, advised to essays by frederick douglass re-read these Terms and Conditions on a regular basis. This web site is essay on the characteristics good, owned and by frederick, operated by sonnambula Viatta Business Ltd. HEXO+ Self-Flying Camera Drone, with a suggested retail price of $1,249.00 USD («Main prize»). FreePage (single use) SMS inform (single use) Plagiarism Report (single use) 50$ to your bonus balance which you can use in 365 days 100$ to your bonus balance which you can use in 365 days. 2. Promotional Period. The promotion begins on 7.18.2017, at 9:00 am and ends on 7.28.2017 at 10:00 pm. Literary Analysis Essay On Two Kinds.

literary analysis essay on two kinds. This Privacy Policy (“Policy”) describes how information about essays by frederick douglass You is collected, used and disclosed and provides other important privacy information, describes when and how we may change this Policy, and tells You how to contact us with any questions or comments. We collect information about on the of a You and computer(s) You use when You use our Services or otherwise interact with us. “Personal Information” means information that we directly associate with a specific person or entity (for example: name; addresses; telephone numbers; email address; payment information; device location etc.). “Client”, “User”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the by frederick douglass person accessing this Website and essays on black, accepting these Privacy Policy. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and douglass, therefore as referring to same. HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IS COLLECTED. We collect information about You in three primary ways: Information You Provide.

We collect information that You provide to us when You apply for and use and/or purchase our Services or otherwise communicate with us. For example, some of the on black consciousness movement ways You may provide information to by frederick douglass us include: When You purchase our Services, the payment system will require your personal, contact, billing and credit information. When You establish or modify Your user account online, We may collect user identification information, passwords, and/or security question responses that You will use for future sign-on. When You interact with our Customer Service representatives, enter information on our Website, submit survey responses, or pay for Services, we may also collect Personal Information and ap world history types, other information. We may monitor and record phone calls, e-mails, live chats, or other communications between You and our Customer Service representatives or other employees or representatives. Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect a variety of by frederick information associated with Your use of our Services.

Each time You visit the Website, Personal Information is automatically gathered. In general, this information does not identify You personally. Examples of automatically collected personal information include, but are not limited to: IP address, Collection Date, Publisher Name, Connection Speed, Day of call to action essay Week Time of Day (hour), Language settings, Country, City (relating to IP address, if available). For example, some of the ways we may automatically collect information include: Cookies and similar technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that a web site can place on Your computer's hard drive in essays by frederick, order, for ap world history example, to collect information about Your activities on the Website. The cookie transmits this information back to the Website's computer, which, generally speaking, is the only computer that can read it. We need to use cookies on the Website to enhance the user experience and avoid multiple logins or password authentication requests. We may use, or we may engage third-parties to by frederick douglass use on essay sexi, our behalf, cookies or similar web tags (small data text files placed on your computer or device) or similar technologies to identify Your computer or device and record Your preferences and other data so that our Website can personalize Your visit(s), see which areas and features of our Website are popular, and essays, improve our Website and essay sexi, Your experience.

Depending upon Your computer, You may be able to by frederick set Your browser(s) to classifieds resume reject cookies or delete cookies, but that may result in the loss of some functionality on the Website. We may also use web beacons (small graphic images on a web page or an essays douglass, HTML e-mail) to monitor interaction with our websites or e-mails. Web beacons are generally invisible because they are very small (only 1-by-1 pixel) and ap world history types, the same color as the by frederick background of the web page or e-mail message. Web Browsing Activity. When accessing our Website, We automatically collect certain information about Your computer and Your visit, such as your IP address, browser type, date and time, the web page You visited before visiting our Website, Your activities and purchases on our Website, and essay on the good leader, other analytical information associated with the Website. Information From Other Sources. We may also obtain information about essays douglass You from other sources. For example, We may receive credit information from third-party sources before initiating Your service. Good. We may also purchase or obtain Personal Information (for example, e-mail lists, postal mail lists, demographic and by frederick, marketing data) from essay sexi, others. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. We use the information We collect for a variety of business purposes, such as:

To provide and bill for essays by frederick Services You purchase; To deliver and confirm Services You obtain from us; To verify Your identity and maintain a record of Your transactions and interactions with us; To provide customer services to You; To create, modify, improve, enhance, remove or fix our Services and their performance;

To identify and suggest products or services that might interest You; To make internal business decisions about current and future Service offerings; To provide You customized user experiences, including personalized Services offerings; To protect our rights, interests, safety and property and that of our customers, service providers and other third parties; and. To comply with law or as required for legal purposes. We may use Personal Information for investigations or prevention of fraud or network abuse.

We may use information we collect to contact You about our and/or third-party products, services, and offers that We believe You may find of interest. We may contact You by telephone, postal mail, e-mail, or other methods. You may see advertisements when You visit our Website. We may help advertisers better reach our customers by essays on black movement providing certain customer information, including geographic information, language preferences or demographic information obtained from other companies. This information is used by advertisers to essays by frederick determine which ads may be more relevant to characteristics of a good leader You. Essays Douglass. However, we do not share Personal Information outside of our corporate family for advertising purposes without Your consent. WHEN WE SHARE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU. We do not sell, license, rent, or otherwise provide Your Personal Information to unaffiliated third-parties (parties outside our corporate family) without Your consent. We may, however, disclose Your information to unaffiliated third-parties as follows:

With Your Consent. We may disclose Personal Information about You to essay on the characteristics third-parties with Your consent. We may obtain Your consent in writing; online, through “click-through” agreements; when You accept the essays douglass terms of disclosures for certain Services; orally, when You interact with our customer service representatives. We encourage You not to consciousness share Your password. If You provide Your user account password and/or security question responses to third parties they will have access to Your Personal Information when they access Your user account with Your account password. To Our Service Providers. We may disclose information to third-party vendors and partners who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf (for example, credit/debit card processing, billing, customer service, auditing, and marketing). In a Business Transfer. We may sell, disclose, or transfer information about by frederick You as part of classifieds resume a corporate business transaction, such as a merger or acquisition, joint venture, corporate reorganization, financing, or sale of company assets, or in the unlikely event of essays by frederick douglass insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which such information could be transferred to third-parties as a business asset in the transaction.

For Legal Process Protection. We may disclose Personal Information, and essay sexi, other information about You, or Your communications, where we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of essays by frederick such information is reasonably necessary: to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce or apply agreements, or initiate, render, bill, and collect for services and products (including to collection agencies in order to obtain payment for our products and services); to protect our rights or interests, or property or safety or that of others; in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation – in court or elsewhere; to facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of essay characteristics good leader taxes, fees, or other obligations; or. in an essays by frederick douglass, emergency situation. We may provide information that does not identify You personally to third-parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU. Protecting Your Information. We use a variety of characteristics good leader physical, electronic, and by frederick douglass, procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure while it is under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, although we will utilize such measures, we do not guarantee You against resume the loss, misuse, or alteration of Personal Information under our control, and essays by frederick, You provide Personal Information to us at classifieds resume Your own risk. You should always take care with how You handle and disclose your Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure e-mail, social networks or other internet channels. Retention and Disposal.

We retain information only for as long as we have a business or tax need or as applicable laws, regulations and/or government orders allow. When we dispose of Personal Information, we use reasonable procedures designed to erase or render it unreadable (for example, shredding documents and wiping electronic media). PRIVACY POLICY UPDATES. How We Communicate Changes to This Policy. We may update this Policy at any time to essays by frederick provide updates to or clarification of our practices.

If we make changes we may provide You with additional notice (such as adding a statement to the homepage of our Website or sending You a notification). To Action Argument. You should refer to this Policy often for essays douglass the latest information and the effective date of any changes. This web site is owned and ap world essay, operated by Viatta Business Ltd . A Partner is an individual who refers customers. A Referral is an individual who requests a service via the referral link given by a Partner. With the first order, a Referral acquires a 15% discount on the order, while a Partner receives $50 to by frederick douglass the Referral Balance.

With further purchases, a Partner earns 5% of the ap world history Referral’s total order price. All money earned with the Referral Program is stored on your Referral Balance. A Partner can transfer the money to the Bonus Balance and use it to purchase a service. Essays By Frederick Douglass. It is possible to transfer the sum to the Partner’s PayPal account (no less than $20).

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -

Writer’s Writer and Writer’s Writer’s Writer. If you go to the website of the restaurant L’Huitriere (3, rue des Chats Bossus, Lille) and click on ‘translate’, the zealous automaton you have stirred up will instantly render everything into English, including the address. And it comes out as ‘3 street cats humped’. Translation is clearly too important a task to be left to douglass machines. Dessay Sonnambula. But what sort of essays human should it be given to? Imagine that you are about to natalie sonnambula read a great French novel for the first time, and can only do so in your native English. The book itself is more than 150 years old. What would/ should/do you want? The impossible, of essays by frederick douglass course. But what sort of impossible?

For a start, you would probably want it not to read like ‘a translation’. You want it to read as if it had originally been written in English – even if, necessarily, by an author deeply knowledgable about France. Call To Action. You would want it not to clank and douglass, whirr as it dutifully renders every single nuance, turning the text into the exposition of a novel rather than a novel itself. History Essay. You would want it to essays by frederick provoke in you most of the same reactions as it would provoke in a French reader (though you would also want some sense of distance, and natalie dessay, the pleasure of exploring a different world). But what sort of French reader? One from the essays douglass, late 1850s, or the early 2010s? Would you want the novel to have its original effect, or an call to action argument essay effect coloured by the later history of douglass French fiction, including the consequences of this very novel’s existence? Ideally, you would want to understand every period reference – for instance, to Trafalgar pudding, Ignorantine friars or Mathieu Laensberg – without needing to flick downwards or onwards to footnotes. Finally, if you want the book in ‘English’, what sort of English do you choose? Put simply, on the novel’s first page, do you want the schoolboy Charles Bovary’s trousers to be held up by braces, or do you want his pants to be held up by suspenders?

The decisions, and the colouration, are irrevocable. So we might fantasise the resume, translator of our dreams: someone, naturally, who admires the novel and its author, and who sympathises with its heroine; a woman, perhaps, to help us better navigate the sexual politics of the time; someone with excellent French and better English, perhaps with a little experience of translating in essays, the opposite direction as well. Ap World Essay. Then we make a key decision: should this translator be ancient or modern? Flaubert’s contemporary, or ours? After a little thought, we might plump for an Englishwoman of Flaubert’s time, whose prose would inevitably be free of douglass anachronism or other style-jarringness. And if she was of the time, then might we not reasonably imagine the essays movement, author helping her? Let’s push it further: the translator not only knows the author, but lives in his house, able to observe his spoken as well as his written French. They might work side by douglass side on the text for as long as it takes. And now let’s push it to the limit: the female English translator might become the Frenchman’s lover – they always say that the best way to learn a language is through pillow talk. As it happens, this dream was once a reality. The first known translation of ap world history essay Madame Bovary was undertaken from a fair copy of the manuscript by by frederick Juliet Herbert, governess to Flaubert’s niece Caroline, in 1856-57.

Quite possibly, she was Gustave’s lover; certainly, she gave him English lessons. Ap World History Essay Types. ‘In six months, I will read Shakespeare like an open book,’ he boasted; and together they translated Byron’s ‘The Prisoner of Chillon’ into by frederick douglass French. (Back in movement, 1844, Flaubert claimed to his friend Louis de Cormenin that he had translated Candide into English.) In May 1857, Flaubert wrote to Michel Levy, the Parisian publisher of essays by frederick Madame Bovary , that ‘an English translation which fully satisfies me is being made under my eyes. If one is going to appear in England, I want it to be this one and not any other one.’ Five years later, he was to essay types call Juliet Herbert’s work ‘a masterpiece’. Essays Douglass. But by this time it – and she – were beginning to disappear from essays on black movement, literary history. Though Flaubert had asked Levy to fix Juliet up with an English publisher, and believed he had written to by frederick douglass Richard Bentley Sons about the matter, no such letter from Paris survives in the Bentley archives (perhaps because Levy objected to the idea and declined to sonnambula act on it). The manuscript was lost, and by frederick douglass, so – more or less – was Juliet Herbert, until her resurrection by Hermia Oliver in Flaubert and classifieds resume, an English Governess (1980).[*] If Juliet’s ‘masterpiece’ were ever to resurface, we should hope it comes attached to the lost Flaubert-Herbert correspondence, and to a photograph of Juliet, of by frederick douglass whom no known image has survived. The translation of Candide has also been lost. As for Flaubert and Shakespeare: it’s not clear if he ever achieved fluency in natalie dessay, English – with or without Juliet – but his library contained the works of ‘le grand William’ in both English and essays by frederick, French. So the British reader had to wait another three decades – until 1886, six years after the author’s death – for the first published translation of ap world history essay types Madame Bovary . It too was made by a woman, Eleanor Marx Aveling (Marx’s daughter – a quiet irony, given Flaubert’s caustic views on the Commune), as is the by frederick douglass, very latest, by the American short-story writer – and Proust translator – Lydia Davis. In between, most of the 15 or more versions have been made by men.

The best-known of them are Francis Steegmuller and Gerard Hopkins; and though Steegmuller did write some fiction – including mysteries under the name of David Keith – it’s a fair bet that Davis is the best fiction writer ever to translate the novel. Which suggests a further question to dessay the opening list: would you rather have your great novel translated by a good writer or a less good one? This is not as idle a question as it seems. That perfect translator must be a writer able to subsume him or herself into the greater writer’s text and identity. Writer-translators with their own style and worldview might become fretful at the necessary self-abnegation; on the other hand, disguising oneself as another writer is an act of the douglass, imagination, and perhaps easier for the better writer. So if Rick Moody tells us that Lydia Davis is ap world history types, ‘the best prose stylist in America’, and Jonathan Franzen that ‘few writers now working make the words on the page matter more,’ does this make her better or worse equipped to by frederick douglass render the best prose stylist of 19th-century France into 21st-century American English? Davis’s stories, typically from two or three lines to essay sexi two or three pages, are decidedly unFlaubertian in scope and extent; they vary from the wry episode and rapt reverie to the slightly cute apercu; and if there is French influence around it is from a later date (thus Davis’s ‘The Race of the Patient Motorcyclists’ seems to owe a debt to Jarry).[†] Her own life is essays by frederick douglass, clearly the basis for some of the stories, whereas Flaubert’s aesthetic was famously based on self-exclusion. On the natalie sonnambula, other hand, Davis’s work shares the Flaubertian virtues of compression, irony and an extreme sense of control. And if Flaubert in his monasticism and exemplary pertinacity is a writer’s writer, Davis was described to me recently by by frederick douglass an American novelist as a ‘writer’s writer’s writer’.

That her translation of Madame Bovary was deemed worthy of serialisation by essays movement Playboy magazine – which puffed it as ‘the most scandalous novel of essays by frederick all time’ on the cover – is a noisier irony of which Flaubert might well have approved. The publicity sheet for the US edition calls Emma ‘the original desperate housewife’, which, cheesy though it sounds, isn’t far off the mark. Madame Bovary is many things – a perfect piece of fictional machinery, the pinnacle of realism, the slaughterer of Romanticism, a complex study of failure – but it is also the essays on black movement, first great shopping and essays by frederick douglass, fucking novel. At least none of those 15 translators has needed to recast its title; problems start, rather, with the subtitle, ‘Moeurs de province’. You can have ‘Provincial Manners’ (Marx Aveling), ‘Life in a Country Town’ (Hopkins, 1948), ‘A Story of Provincial Life’ (Alan Russell, 1950), ‘Provincial Lives’ (Geoffrey Wall, 1992), or ‘Provincial Ways’ (Lydia Davis). Essay Sexi. No one, as far as I can see, has adopted the by frederick douglass, cousinly subtitle of Middlemarch, ‘A Study of dessay Provincial Life’.

Several translators simply delete it – even, surprisingly, Steegmuller (1957); though this could have been the essays by frederick, publisher’s initial dereliction, since more recent editions contain his nicely emphatic ‘Patterns of classifieds resume Provincial Life’. By Frederick. Subtitles can seem fussy and old-fashioned (thus the cover of the current Penguin Middlemarch dispenses with Eliot’s five subsidiary words), but omission seems a little perverse. To Action Argument Essay. Many translators (or publishers) also omit the essays by frederick douglass, next words in the novel – the dedication to essays on black consciousness movement Maitre Senard, who got Flaubert off the charge of outraging morality and religion when the novel, still in serial form, was prosecuted. Davis, an impressive completist, includes both this and the other, and essays by frederick, more important, dedicatory page of the on black, first edition, to Flaubert’s partner-in-literature Louis Bouilhet. Though – to enter the world of micro-pedantry – she (or her publisher) prints the two dedications in reverse order to the original French edition. But then translation involves micro-pedantry as much as the full yet controlled use of the linguistic imagination. The plainest sentence is essays, full of hazard; often the choices available seem to be between different percentages of loss. It’s no surprise that Davis took nearly three years to natalie translate Madame Bovary : some translations need as long as the book itself took to write, a few even longer.

John Rutherford’s magisterial version of Leopoldo Alas’s La Regenta – a kind of Spanish Bovary – cost him, according to his calculation, five times as many hours to by frederick translate as it had taken Alas to natalie sonnambula write. By Frederick. ‘Translation is a strange business,’ Rutherford noted in his introduction, ‘which sensible people no doubt avoid.’ Take a simple sentence from the first pages of ap world types Flaubert’s novel. In his early years, Charles Bovary is allowed by his parents to by frederick run wild. He follows the ploughmen, throwing clods of earth at the crows; he minds turkeys and call to action argument essay, does a little bell-ringing. Flaubert awards such activities a paragraph, and then summarises the consequences of this pre-adolescent life in two short sentences which he pointedly sets out essays by frederick, as a separate paragraph: ‘Aussi poussa-t-il comme un chene. Il acquit de fortes mains, de belles couleurs.’ The meaning is dessay sonnambula, quite clear; there are no hidden traps or false friends. If you want to try putting this into essays by frederick douglass English yourself first, look away now. Here are six attempts from the last 125 years to translate yet not traduce: 1) Meanwhile he grew like an oak; he was strong of hand, fresh of colour. 2) And so he grew like an oak-tree, and acquired a strong pair of hands and of a leader, a fresh colour.

3) He grew like a young oak-tree. Essays By Frederick. He acquired strong hands and a good colour. 4) He throve like an oak. His hands grew strong and his complexion ruddy. 5) And so he grew up like an oak. He had strong hands, a good colour.

6) And so he grew like an sonnambula oak. He acquired strong hands, good colour. All contain the same information, but only the essays by frederick douglass, words ‘he’, ‘like’ and ‘strong’ are consistent to all six. Call To Action Argument Essay. Some of the matters these translators would have considered (on a scale from pertinent reflection to gut feel) would include: Whether to lay the paragraph out as two sentences or one; if the latter, then whether the break should be marked by a comma or a semicolon. Whether, indeed, to lay it out as a separate paragraph anyway: thus 1) chooses to run it on at the by frederick douglass, end of the previous paragraph, which makes its summarising effect less pointed. Whether poussa implies more vigour than the classifieds, English ‘grew’: hence 4)’s ‘throve’ and 5)’s addition of the intensifying ‘up’. Whether acquit is best rendered by by frederick douglass a neutral word like ‘had’ or ‘was’; or whether it is a verb indicating a kind of action, intended to on black parallel poussa . Hence ‘acquired’ or ‘grew’ – though if you have ‘grew’ here, you need a different verb in the first sentence: hence ‘throve’.

Whether you need to – or can – keep the essays, balance of ‘de fortes mains, de belles couleurs’. Only 1) does this by putting them both in essay, the singular; the rest introduce an essays by frederick imbalance of number. What to do about belles couleurs . All five translators agree that there is no way of to action argument essay preserving the plural form. But a) do you need to unpack this a little, and essays douglass, indicate that the young lad is essay sexi, acquiring a ‘fresh’ or ‘ruddy’ colour, or indeed ‘complexion’ (which decides that couleurs is limited to douglass the face – though reference has already been made, on the novel’s first page, to his ‘red wrists’); or b) is essay sexi, it self-evident where the lad is, and what is essays by frederick, happening to his skin, so a non-specific ‘good’ echoes a non-specific belles ? All these six versions – given in chronological order – have their virtues; none is obviously superior. 1) is Marx Aveling, a version which, as Davis notes in classifieds, her introduction, caused Nabokov ‘much indignation in his marginal notations but to which he resorted in teaching the douglass, novel’; 2) is Russell; 3) Hopkins; 4) which, even on this short evidence, looks freer than the others, is ap world types, Steegmuller; 5) is Wall; and 6) Davis.

Wall and Davis are the by frederick douglass, two who stick closest to the original sentence structure and are least ‘interpretative’. There is a slightly pretentious term in wine tasting and wine writing called ‘mouthfeel’. (It is also slightly baffling: where else might you feel wine if not in your mouth? On your foot?) The Oxford Companion to Wine calls it a ‘non-specific tasting term, used particularly for red wines, to indicate those textural attributes, such as smoothness, that produce tactile sensations on ap world essay, the surface of the oral cavity’. There is similar mouthfeel about translation. Its general development over the last century and more has been away from smoothness and towards authenticity, away from a reorganising interpretativeness which aims for the flow of English prose, towards a close-reading fidelity – enjoy those tannins! – which seeks to echo the original language. We no longer use the essays douglass, verb ‘to English’ – it sounds proprietorial, even imperialist – but when Flaubert was first being translated it was still current: thus the first London and New York edition of Salammbo – published in 1886, the same year as Marx Aveling’s Madame Bovary – is described on its title page as having been ‘Englished’ by (wait for it) ‘M.

French Sheldon’. This progress away from ‘Englishing’ can be seen in the six versions of Charles’s growing (up) quoted above. Similarly, in essay sexi, Chekhov translation, Constance Garnett has been succeeded by Ronald Hingley. Succeeded, and yet not supplanted: some of us continue to read the Garnett translations. Douglass. Mainly because they do the ap world history types, time-travelling work instantly, and give a better illusion of by frederick douglass being a reader back then, rather than a reader now inspecting a text from long ago through precision optical instruments. Classifieds. It may be, however, that something different, or additional, is going on: a kind of imprinting. The first translation we read of a classic novel, like the douglass, first recording we hear of resume a piece of classical music, ‘is’ and remains that novel, that symphony. Subsequent interpreters may have a better grasp of the language, or play the piece on period instruments, but that initial version always takes some shifting. The authentic rendering of every last nuance of meaning cannot be the sole purpose of translation. Because if it becomes so, it leads to by frederick the act of eccentric defiance that is Nabokov’s Eugene Onegin . In his 1955 poem ‘On Translating Eugene Onegin ’, Nabokov, addressing Pushkin, writes of turning ‘Your stanza patterned on a sonnet,/Into my honest roadside prose –/All thorn, but cousin to your rose.’ When Nabokov’s version of the poem came out in 1964, it was prose laid out in stanza form, and more woody stalk than thorn.

Readers of the poem in English are best advised to have the two volumes of Nabokov’s headmasterly commentary to hand while apprehending the poem’s dance and flow through, say, Charles Johnston’s version. An even weirder example of essay on the characteristics leader fidelity leading to perversity is Dillwyn Knox’s 1929 translation of essays Herodas for the Loeb Classical Library. Knox’s brilliant niece Penelope Fitzgerald describes the resume, outcome in The Knox Brothers with a sympathetic glee: The language of the Mimes is precious, with unpleasant affected archaisms, and an honest translation, it seemed to Dilly, must be the same. Cloistered in his study . . . Essays By Frederick Douglass. Dilly worked out call essay, his English equivalent to Herodas. ‘La no reke hath she of what I say, but standeth goggling at me more agape than a crab’ is a typical sentence, while ‘Why can’t you tell me what they cost?’ comes out as ‘Why mumblest ne freetongued descryest the price?’ Satisfied, Dilly corrected his proofs; he read the reviews, all of by frederick which praised the accuracy of the text but considered the translation a complete failure, with indifference. ‘If I am unintelligible,’ he wrote, ‘it is because Herodas was.’

Davis, in her introduction, notes that Gerard (not, as she has it, ‘Gerald’) Hopkins’s version has ‘added material in argument essay, almost every sentence’; while Steegmuller produced a ‘nicely written, engaging version, smoother than Flaubert’s, with regular restructuring of the sentences and judicious omissions and additions’. Does this sound a trifle patronising to America’s greatest Flaubertian? Here is a typical addition (or rather, substitution) which will act as a good test of what a reader requires. When Leon goes to meet Emma inside Rouen cathedral, he first has to get past a verger standing in the left-hand doorway beneath a statue that Flaubert refers to by frederick douglass as ‘Marianne dansant’. Essay. This was the popular nickname for a carving of Salome dancing on her hands before Herod. What do you do about essays by frederick douglass, this? Almost all translators render it as ‘Marianne Dancing’ or ‘The Dancing Marianne’. If you leave these words unannotated, readers will naturally imagine some cheery folkloric image.

If you annotate them, then you divert the reader away for essay, a guidebook moment – as elbow-tugging as the by frederick douglass, intrusive verger will prove to be to Leon and argument, Emma. (You can half-solve it, as Davis does, by having notes at the back but without indication in the text of their existence; so readers may find the solution, but perhaps not at the right time.) Or, as Steegmuller alone does, in his unannotated version, you can cut to by frederick douglass the chase and write: ‘The verger was just then standing in the left doorway, under the consciousness movement, figure of the essays douglass, dancing Salome.’ This is instantly comprehensible, and essay on the characteristics good, has the by frederick douglass, additional virtue of natalie pointing up this image of lasciviousness beneath which Leon passes on his way to the tryst. By Frederick Douglass. (Inside the history, cathedral, this theme is continued: when the by frederick douglass, verger reaches the tomb of the Comte de Breze, he solemnly points out Diane de Poitiers as a grieving widow, while the rest of us know her as a king’s mistress – and also, as Emma is soon to be, the essay sexi, lover of a younger man.) Given that there is probably no one in Rouen who still refers to the statue as ‘Marianne dansant’, there is by frederick douglass, much to be said for Steegmuller’s solution. But some would find it overly interventionist. The root feature of Davis’s translation is a close attention to Flaubert’s grammar and call argument, sentence structure, and an attempt to essays douglass mirror it in characteristics good leader, English. By Frederick. For instance, observance of the ‘comma splice’ – where two main clauses are connected by a comma rather than an ‘and’ – or of subtle tense changes imperceptible to others (and sometimes imperceptible in English). In the earlier example (‘Il acquit de fortes mains, de belles couleurs’), she writes the boy had ‘good colour’ where Wall has the dessay sonnambula, boy had ‘a good colour’: dropping the article retains the original plain adjective-noun balance. In her introduction, Davis castigates some of douglass her predecessors for essay sexi, wanting ‘simply to tell this engrossing story in their own preferred manner’. Interviewed by the Times , she expanded on this: ‘I’ve found that the essays by frederick, ones that are written with some flair and history essay types, some life to them are not all that close to the original; the ones that are more faithful may be kind of clunky.’ This is the paradox and bind of translation.

If to be ‘faithful’ is to be ‘clunky’, then it is also to be unfaithful, because Flaubert was not a ‘clunky’ writer. Essays By Frederick. He moves between registers; he cuts into the lyric with the to action argument, prosaic; but this is French prose whose every syllable has been tested aloud again and by frederick douglass, again. Flaubert said that a line of prose should be as rhythmical, sonorous and unchangeable as a line of classifieds poetry. He said that he aimed only at by frederick, beauty, and wrote Madame Bovary because he hated realism (an exasperated, self-deluding claim, but still). He said that prose was like hair: it shines with combing. He combed all the time. As for those imprecise translators who nevertheless bring ‘flair’ and classifieds, ‘life’ to the novel: where does that flair and life come from, if not the douglass, novel itself? Davis concludes: ‘So what I’m trying to do is what I think hasn’t been done, which is to create a well-written translation that’s also very close, very faithful to the French.’ This is a high claim; though I doubt any of those previous translators would have thought they were trying to do anything very different. Davis’s quest to be ‘very close, very faithful’ to the French works best when the Flaubertian sentence is plain and declaratory. Take that great moment of delinquent self-awareness: ‘Emma retrouvait dans l’adultere toutes les platitudes du mariage.’ Davis’s ‘Emma was rediscovering in essays, adultery all the platitudes of marriage’ exactly reproduces the essays by frederick douglass, French, and has exactly the same effect. You might think hers is the obvious translation until you compare other versions.

Both Steegmuller and essay sexi, Hopkins diminish the line by recasting it, and even Wall, who is closest to Davis, misses out the essays, necessary, intensifying ‘all’. On the other hand, a page or two later there is this equally key sentence: ‘Tout et elle-meme lui etaient insupportables.’ This is an unusual sentence. A usual sentence might be ‘Tout lui etait insupportable; elle-meme comprise’ or ‘y compris elle-meme’. Flaubert specifically links the ‘Tout et elle-meme’ and it is a mistake to decouple them, as Davis does, into ‘Everything seemed unbearable to her, even herself’ (which adds the clunk of a repeated ‘her’). Wall also goes awry here: ‘It was quite unbearable, beginning with herself.’ Hopkins unpacks it perhaps too much: ‘She hated everything and essay sexi, everyone, including herself.’ Steegmuller is best, with: ‘She loathed everything, including herself.’ But even this doesn’t convey the full effect of that simple et – which is to indicate a separation of self from world which will culminate in the deed which finally does separate Emma’s self from the world. So Davis’s division of previous translators into flair-bringers and clunkheads doesn’t really hold; nor does her claim to offer the douglass, best of both worlds. Two further examples. After Emma’s seduction by Rodolphe, there is a paragraph describing her post-coital, semi-pantheistic experience of the essay sexi, forest surrounding her, with which she is for the moment in harmony. But with the douglass, last sentence, Flaubert cuts this mood brutally: ‘Rodolphe, le cigare aux dents, raccommodait avec son canif une des deux brides cassee.’ This great anti-romantic moment has Rodolphe turning both to another physical pleasure (as Gurov will with his watermelon in essay, Chekhov’s ‘The Lady with the Little Dog’), and to by frederick douglass masculine, practical matters. All the classifieds, versions cited here begin, unsurprisingly, with ‘Rodolphe, a cigar between his teeth . . .’ Wall goes on: was mending one of the two broken reins with his little knife.

was mending a broken bridle with his penknife. was busy with his knife, mending a break in one of the essays, bridles. was mending with his penknife one of the bridles, which had broken. Rein or bridle? Knife, little knife or penknife? The difference is argument essay, slight; all the versions contain the same information. Flaubert’s sentence does its business by not drawing attention to itself; its very downbeatness is the point, after the more rhapsodic prose that has preceded it. Wall, Steegmuller and Hopkins all get this. Davis doesn’t.

Instead, she ‘faithfully’ sticks to essays douglass Flaubert’s sentence structure. But English grammar is not French grammar, and ap world history, so the quiet cassee (which for all its quietness also hints at essays douglass, Rodolphe’s ‘breaking’ of Emma) has to be unpacked into a ‘which had broken’ – a phrase which now seems pretty redundant, as what would he mend that wasn’t broken? The sentence has a clunkiness which is imported, rather than faithfully transmitted, and quite unFlaubertian. The second example comes during Charles and Emma’s visit to the opera in Rouen – that greatest of the three great antiphonally constructed scenes in the novel – with Emma’s inner emotional life, her hopes and history, memories, being played off against essays by frederick, the extravagantly exteriorised emotions of Lucia di Lammermoor . As her thoughts and feelings swirl, Emma comes to essay types recognise that both art and life are inadequate in by frederick douglass, their different ways. This is a key sentence in the novel: ‘Elle connaissait a present la petitesse des passions que l’art exagerait.’ It is a calm, balanced sentence, in three parts, with a triple alliteration, the part containing the second and natalie sonnambula, third ‘p’ making up the by frederick douglass, central phrase.

The choice for petitesse lies normally between ‘paltriness’ and essay sexi, ‘pettiness’, neither of which is perfect, as they have a slightly more disapproving tinge than petitesse . Wall’s version has the weight and progress of the original: For now she knew the by frederick douglass, pettiness of the types, passions that art exaggerates. Hopkins takes the by frederick douglass, alliteration elsewhere: She knew now the triviality of sonnambula those passions which art paints so much larger than life. Steegmuller retains the triple alliteration: Now she well knew the true paltriness of the passions that art painted so large. She knew, now, how paltry were the passions exaggerated by art. She needlessly turns the first major noun into essays by frederick an adjective, then reverses the grammar of the final phrase. But the main failing of the sentence lies in essays consciousness movement, those first three words: ‘knew’, ‘now’, ‘how’ – both a wail of assonance and a stuttering of essays by frederick douglass rhythm far from the original. A translation can’t be read before the period in which it is written: this is dessay sonnambula, both obvious, and a kind of brute annoyance.

And it can’t – or at least shouldn’t – be written in a pastiche of the original work’s period. Essays By Frederick. It must be written for the contemporary reader, yet give that reader the same, or a similar, ease or difficulty as an original reader would have had. And just as there can be delinquent looseness, so there can be misguided over-accuracy. It is classifieds, very difficult to essays by frederick douglass suggest (except in footnotes and introduction) the general literary context in which a book is written, which is call, often central to the writer. Essays. Books are often written against – against romanticism, against authorial ego and intervention, against the notion that some themes are ‘higher’ than others.

There is call, a linguistic context too: thus Michael Hofmann, introducing his translation of Metamorphosis , quotes Klaus Wagenbach to the effect that ‘the characteristic purity of Kafka, the essays by frederick douglass, sober construction of to action his sentences and the paucity of his vocabulary are not understandable without his background in Prague German.’ Further, no two languages’ grammars match, and their vocabularies diverge (English having many more words and choices than French). Even punctuations have different weights: thus the English exclamation mark is essays by frederick, shoutier than the French, so some of Flaubert’s have to be excised; Wall cuts more than Davis, who, at times, adds extra ones. Nor do languages develop over time at the same rate. So, in classifieds, the case of Madame Bovary , you are having to juggle the French writer then, the French reader then and now, the English translator now, the English reader then and now. At least nowadays some books are translated with less of a time-lag ( La Regenta was first published in 1884-85, but not ‘Englished’ until 1984). Translators can quiz writers about what they mean, by email, or even in person: Don DeLillo had a London conference for his European translators of Underworld , who not surprisingly faced a few problems in a novel which opens with a 60-page baseball game. Essays By Frederick. But translation is not always, or necessarily, about managing loss.

When my novel Flaubert’s Parrot was being translated into German, my editor in Zurich modestly suggested some additional flourishes: for instance, a pun on Flaubert as a ‘flea-bear’, and a German slang phrase for natalie sonnambula, masturbation which literally means ‘to shake from the palm tree’. Since Flaubert, at this point of essays douglass my novel, was being masturbated in to action argument, Egypt, this felt like a happy improvement on the English text. Adding something extra for German readers seemed a kind of fair-trade translation. But this advantage encloses a new danger: that of the writer anticipating this amiable to and fro with translator or foreign editor. I remember hearing a well-known British novelist admit in a radio interview that he had paused at one point in his writing, thought of the pain he might be inflicting on his Scandinavian translators, and essays by frederick douglass, decided to make things easier for them. Apart from this being a denial of your own language, it can easily lead to the sort of international prose that is like an airline meal: it feeds all, doesn’t actually poison anyone, but isn’t noticeably nutritious. To compare several different versions of Madame Bovary is argument, not to observe a process of accumulation, some gradual but inevitable progress towards certainty and authority (except in the occasional discarding of douglass error); rather, it is to gaze at a sequence of approximations, a set of deliquescences. How could it be otherwise when almost every word of the French can be rendered in several different ways? Consider the moment when Emma, Charles and Leon are eating ice-cream in on the characteristics, a cafe by the harbour, having walked out before the final scene of Lucia . Essays Douglass. Charles naively suggests that his wife stay on in the on the of a leader, city to catch the next performance – an action which precipitates her affair with Leon. Charles addresses his wife (the banality of phrase contrasting with the recent flourishes of Donizetti) as ‘mon petit chat’. Essays Douglass. Marx Aveling has ‘pussy’, Mildred Marmur (1964) ‘my kitten’, Wall ‘my pussy-cat’, Hopkins ‘darling’, Steegmuller ‘sweetheart’, Russell and Davis ‘my pet’.

Marx Aveling’s endearment would work then but sadly not now; Marmur’s is essays on black movement, good; Wall’s brings in essays by frederick, the slightly unwanted flavour of a bad Dean Martin movie; Steegmuller and Hopkins deliberately duck the felinity (you could argue that the French is already drained of essay sexi it anyway); while Russell and Davis, mixing banality and distant animality, have found the best solution. Probably. At least for the moment. You can understand why Rutherford called translation a ‘strange business’ which ‘sensible people’ should best avoid. Davis’s Madame Bovary is a linguistically careful version, in the modern style, rendered into essays by frederick douglass an unobtrusively American English. Characteristics Of A Good. At its best, it conveys the precision – which some think dryness – of essays Flaubert’s prose in this novel, while its syntactical mirroring of the French sometimes brings us closer to Flaubert.

At its worst, it takes us too far away from English, and makes us less aware of Flaubert’s prose than of Davis being aware of Flaubert’s prose. And such defects come from something very old-fashioned: a lack of love for the work being translated. In her Times interview, Lydia Davis explained: I was asked to do the Flaubert, and it was hard to say no to another great book – so-called. I didn’t actually like Madame Bovary . . . I find what he does with the language really interesting; but I wouldn’t say that I warm to it as a book . Essay On The Characteristics Of A. . . And I like a heroine who thinks and feels . Douglass. . . well, I don’t find Emma Bovary admirable or likeable – but Flaubert didn’t either. I do a lot of things that people don’t think a translator does.

They think: ‘She loves Madame Bovary , she’s read it three times in French, she’s always wanted to translate it and she’s urging publishers to do another translation, and natalie dessay, she’s done all the background reading . Essays By Frederick Douglass. . .’ but none of sonnambula that is true. Perhaps some of this is the translator’s equivalent of being demob-happy – three years slogging across Occupied France, it’s no wonder she throws her cap in the air at having come out alive. By Frederick. What does Davis mean by saying that Emma Bovary doesn’t think or feel? The novel is classifieds resume, all about the douglass, perils of (wrong) thinking and (false) feeling. Perhaps she means ‘doesn’t think or feel in dessay sonnambula, a way that I approve of’. By Frederick Douglass. As for complaining that Emma isn’t ‘admirable or likeable’ – this sounds like the most basic book-group objection. Lydia Davis’s Madame Bovary shows that it’s possible to produce a more than acceptable version of a book with which you are profoundly out of sympathy.

In that sense, it confirms that translation requires an act of the imagination as well as a technician’s proficiency. History Types. If you want a freer translation, Steegmuller is best; for a tighter one, go to Wall. And perhaps one day Juliet Herbert’s lost ‘masterpiece’ will turn up, and we shall be able to compare it to essays by frederick douglass its successors – and see a new way of necessarily falling short. [*] This exemplary work will shortly appear in French: Flaubert et une gouvernante anglaise: a la recherche de Juliet Herbert translated by Gillian Pink (Publications des universites de Rouen et du Havre, 2011). [†] Lydia Davis’s Collected Stories were reviewed by essays consciousness movement Clancy Martin in the LRB of douglass 22 July.

Julian Barnes has translated Alphonse Daudet’s In the Land of Pain . Essays On Black Consciousness Movement. His collection of stories, Pulse , will be published in January. Contact us for rights and issues enquiries. It is douglass, a pity that Julian Barnes in his piece on ap world, the new Penguin edition of Madame Bovary doesn’t mention the excellent translation by Margaret Mauldon ( LRB , 18 November). One of its many virtues is that it corrects the misprint all the essays by frederick douglass, translations he does mention fail to notice. The first edition of Madame Bovary , published by Levy, was copied out before publication by a certain Dubois. Anyone who has seen the brouillons in the Bibliotheque Municipale in Rouen knows how hard a job he had. All the same, the essay, first edition, whatever inaccuracies it may have contained, didn’t have the essays by frederick douglass, misprint in Part 2, Chapter 14 that crept into later editions and has been preserved in classifieds resume, most translations. Emma is at the height of her nervous crisis after the end of the by frederick douglass, affair with Rodolphe. Natalie Dessay. She calls for communion. She feels something overcoming her. By Frederick. Then comes the misprint.

Marx Aveling renders it: ‘Her body, relieved, no longer thought.’ Steegmuller goes for: ‘Her flesh had been relieved of its burdens, even the burden of thought.’ Russell and Wall get it wrong too. In French the misprint reads: ‘Sa chair allegee ne pensait plus. ’ A simple error given Flaubert’s atrocious handwriting. Ap World Types. It should read: ‘Sa chair allegee ne pesait plus.’ ‘Her lightened flesh no longer had any weight.’ This was pointed out to me as a student in 1979. Lydia Davis, like Mauldon, is one of the few who get it right.

Custom Essay Writing Service -

20 Best And Worst Fonts To Use On Your Resume. Before you even walk into a job interview you’ve made a first impression on the interviewer. Essays By Frederick? How? Through your resume. According to a study conducted by the job search site TheLadders.com, recruiters spend only about six seconds scanning a resume. So it’s essential that your resume makes a great first impression — that it looks professional and well organized.

How do you do that? You start by using a resume font people can actually read (that#8217;s what this post is for), then you design a resume that stands out call to action argument from the rest (here#8217;s how you do that). When you have both these things you go into Canva and douglass, design the on the characteristics leader thing for essays free in dessay, no time (here#8217;s how you upload fonts from this article into Canva and here#8217;s where you go in Canva to essays douglass start your new resume design right now). Natalie Dessay? Times New Roman is probably the most commonly chosen fonts for resumes — the essays by frederick very reason you should avoid it, and why it appears on our “Worst” list. So if you don’t want your resume to look like hundreds of others, you’ll want to essays consciousness movement choose something else. And Garamond is a great alternative. Essays By Frederick? A timeless serif typeface like Times New Roman, Garamond’s precursors have been in use for around 500 years.

The modern version has the benefit of giving your resume a classic, polished look that’s much more interesting that the classifieds resume overused Times New Roman. As a bonus, if you’re struggling to condense your resume to one to two pages (which is a good idea), Garamond can help you fit more text on a page without sacrificing readability by lowering the by frederick douglass font size or crowding your design by tightening up the spacing. On The Characteristics Of A? This simple, sophisticated sans-serif typeface, designed in England in the 1920s, will give your resume a look that is both classic and modern. It’s used widely in douglass, the UK (across the on the characteristics of a British Railways system, by the BBC) and elsewhere. You might also notice that Gill Sans is very similar to the custom lettering featured on the famous, WWII-era “Keep Calm and essays douglass, Carry On” poster, rediscovered at a British bookstore in 2000 and subsequently popularized with many replicas of the design. You’ll find this font distributed with Mac OS X and some Microsoft software as Gill Sans MT. Good Leader? Cambria, a serif font, is part of a suite of essays douglass typefaces called the ClearType Font Collection, which has been widely distributed with Microsoft Office programs. These typefaces (Calibri, Cambria, Candara, Consolas, Constantia, and Corbel) were designed specifically to perform well on computer monitors.

The studio that created Cambria describes it as “the ‘new Times New Roman”…designed specifically for ap world history essay types on-screen reading, while still remaining applicable for essays print,” thanks to natalie dessay its sturdy letter construction that retains legibility even at small sizes. Essays By Frederick? This makes Cambria a good choice for both online and printed resumes. Wikimedia Commons/Hans Hoogglans. Although it has been the default Microsoft Word font since 2007, Calibri is classifieds resume still not used as often as Arial, which landed on essays by frederick, our “Worst” list for essays movement that reason. This font has other things going for it, though; professional resume writer Donna Svei points out that typing in Calibri at a 12 pt. size will produce around 500 to 750 words, the ideal length of a two-page resume. Essays By Frederick? Our third and last selection from Microsoft’s ClearType Font Collection, Constantia’s rounder letterforms make it look more friendly and less stuffy than many serif typefaces. It’s also suitable for essays movement use both on-screen and in printed documents, making it useful for by frederick douglass when you need to distribute your resume in both digital and hard copy form.

Originally designed for corporate use, Lato is sans-serif font created to look neutral in body copy but have some unique traits at larger sizes. The font’s designer describes Lato as “serious but friendly” — perfect for essay on the characteristics of a good resumes. It comes in a wide range of weights and styles, though the “hairline,” “thin,” and “light” weights will be too hard to douglass see at small sizes. It’s available for download (free for both personal and commercial use) and for web use on Google Fonts. Didot is essay sexi a distinctive serif font with an upscale look (perhaps a product of essays its Parisian roots). Resume? This classy typeface can lend some style to your resume and seems to be particularly popular for industries like fashion and photography. However, its delicate serifs display most clearly at larger sizes, so you’ll do best saving Didot for headings rather than body copy. Wikimedia Commons/Pierre Rudloff. This Swiss sans-serif typeface is considered by many designers and typographers to be the king of douglass fonts.

It even has its own self-titled documentary film. Thanks to its modern, clean lines and exceptional clarity, Helvetica is widely used in everything from major corporate logos (BMW, American Airlines, Microsoft) to essays movement New York City’s subway signs. To give your resume a clean and contemporary look that’s still professional, try Helvetica. It’s included with Mac operating systems, but if you’re wanting to essays by frederick use it with Windows, you’ll have to purchase it. Georgia is another alternative to Times New Roman. Essay Sexi? This serif font has letterforms with thicker strokes that make it easy to read even at small sizes. Plus, because it was created specifically for clarity on essays by frederick, computer monitors, it looks great viewed on any digital document, such as if you’re sending your resume as a PDF. This versatile sans-serif font has a very clean, crisp appearance that will give any resume an essay characteristics, updated look. It has multiple weights that you can use to differentiate the essays douglass various sections and features of your resume, but you should probably avoid the “book” and “light” weights, as well as any condensed versions — they can be hard to history essay types read.

Avenir Next is another good option; it was released as a follow-up to Avenir to improve the douglass font’s on-screen display capabilities. Dessay? Dribbble/Mario Leo Fasolo. Surprised this one is on the list? There’s nothing wrong with the font in itself, it’s just that it has been (over)used and abused. Since everyone else is using it on their resumes, yours won’t stand out.

Plus, Times New Roman is hard to read at very small sizes and doesn’t display particularly well on essays douglass, screens. Like Gill Sans on our “Best” list, Futura was created in the 1920s. Except this sans-serif typeface was designed in Germany and is more geometric in form. Although it’s a clean, attractive font, the overall appearance is somewhat stylized and atypical. Dessay Sonnambula? With quirks like unusually tall lowercase letters and a jarring contrast between sharp and round letter shapes, Futura leans more toward decorative and essays by frederick, interesting (a.k.a, a display font, meant to be used sparingly) than practical for text-heavy documents like resumes. Types? In the douglass overused category, Arial is Times New Roman’s sans-serif equivalent. Using a font that’s so common (and, some would say, boring) may be perceived as a lazy choice — not putting much thought or effort into your resume. Plus, Arial is basically an adaptation of Helvetica that’s a little looser and essay sexi, more irregular in essays by frederick douglass, its construction. There’s nothing wrong with conventional fonts, but there are better sans-serif choices out there than Arial.

Designed to replicate the look of a typewriter and later adapted for use on actual electric typewriters, this font makes it look like — you guessed it — you typed your resume on a typewriter. Which you didn’t — unless you haven’t updated your resume in 30 some-odd years. Plus, because this is a monospaced typeface (every letter is resume spaced equally, as opposed to essays by frederick most other proportionally spaced fonts) it can look a little unnatural, particularly for essay characteristics whole pages of douglass text. Essay Sexi? Tempted to put your name at the top of your resume in a script that looks like handwriting to give it a little personality? Don’t do it! And especially don’t use Brush Script, which has been so overused that it now looks cheap and dated rather than retro and nostalgic (it was designed in 1942). While certain creative industries will offer some leeway in playing with the appearance of your resume, when in essays, doubt, it’s always a safe bet to stick to conservative font choices (which means no scripts or other display fonts). Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past several years, you’ll know that using Comic Sans is classifieds considered the cardinal sin of font choices. It was created in 1994 to replicate the look of comic book speech bubbles, and that’s about all it’s appropriate for. The casual, almost childish look of the font makes it distracting in any serious context. And in essays douglass, case you’re wondering why anyone would use Comic Sans on a resume, according to this manager, it does happen.

Just remember: it’s a good rule of classifieds thumb to stay far away from any font that might possibly come across as fun, flowery, flashy, or funky. Century Gothic has a sleek, modern look, but it’s probably a little too irregular for resumes. Additionally, the thin letters of essays by frederick douglass this font’s regular weight can be hard to read, particularly at classifieds small sizes. By Frederick? There’s really no good reason anyone should want to use this on a resume, but people seem to essay good leader like it. So if you’re tempted to give your resume an adventurous or exotic air with Papyrus, resist. Essays By Frederick? This font is so cliche (probably second only to essay on the characteristics Comic Sans) that is has become something of a joke — Fast Co. Design puts it this way: “as everyone who has written a school project over the last decade will tell you, Papyrus is the font you use to spell out the essays by frederick word #8220;Egypt.#8221; Want to make a bold, confident impression with your resume? You don’t need a bold, heavy font to do it. Impact is most likely intended for use in all caps for headlines, but because it includes lowercase letters, people are sure to use it for dessay sonnambula body copy, where it’s almost impossible to read.

Yes, Trajan Pro has a dignified, important feel, but it would be more appropriate etched into stone than typed on douglass, your resume. On Black Movement? That’s because the douglass typeface was inspired by the letterforms carved into Trajan’s Column, a monument dedicated to argument the Roman emperor of the same name. The font only essays douglass, has capital letters and small caps (no lowercase option), which makes it unsuitable for typing out readable sentences on your resume. So it’s probably a good idea to leave Trajan to the movie posters (more than 400 of natalie dessay sonnambula them), particularly those starring Russell Crowe. For resumes, a font size of 10 to 12 pt. (depending on the particular font, but no smaller than that) is standard. Larger sizes are acceptable for headings or subheadings. Remember that everyone viewing your resume on a computer will have different fonts installed, and you don’t want your carefully chosen typeface automatically replaced with a substitute that messes up the document’s appearance and formatting. That’s why it’s a good idea to always save and send your resume as a PDF, which preserves the original appearance (unlike a MS Word document). Do you have a favorite (or least favorite) font for resumes? Share in the comments below.

Bring great design to your entire workplace. Janie is douglass a freelance writer and graphic designer and the owner of Design Artistree Creative Studio. After college, she built on her background in art to explore design. and loved it. Now, she enjoys finding ways to combine the craftsmanship of traditional fine arts with the digital possibilities of graphic design. Build Your Brand: How to Choose The Right Fonts. 60 Free Sans Serif Fonts to Give Your Designs a Modern . 60 Free Serif Fonts to Give Your Designs a Traditional . 60 Free Calligraphy Fonts to Bring Charm to Your Design. 60 Free Outline Icon Sets Perfect for essay characteristics of a Contemporary Desi. 60 Free Fonts for by frederick douglass Minimalist Designs. 50 Free Headline Fonts Built For Impact And Audience En. 50 Beautiful Free Wallpapers For Creatives [2015 Editio. 50 Design Terms Explained Simply For Non-Designers.

The 30 Best Free Social Media Icon Sets of to action 2015. 100 Brilliant Color Combinations and How to Apply Them . Free Icons: 49 Best Sites To Find Beautiful And Useful . Essays Douglass? 60 Awesome Free Tools To Create A Visual Marketing Camp. Free Stock Photos: 73 Best Sites To Find Awesome Free I. You're almost there! You’ll receive an email soon to confirm your subscription.

Best Essay Writers Here -
Frederick Douglass Essay Examples - …

Free Essays on essays douglass Essay On Our Country. American Ignorance America is becoming a country full of “incurious know-nothings.” This statement was made by sonnambula, Andrew Romano on his essay How dumb are we? He states that ignorance is growing rapidly among American citizens and essays by frederick douglass suggests that. ?My Little Bit of call to action, Country We all have that favorite place from our childhood where many of our happiest memories take place. For someone it is a special spot where something extraordinary happened. Douglass. Other people might remember something as simple as their own tiny backyard where they used to play soccer. Citibank Indonesia Essay By Minischoles1.

Citibank Indonesia ­ Essay by essay sexi, Minischoles1 Search thousands of free essays . Search JOIN LOGIN HELP CONTACT Welcome Anti Essays offers free essay examples to help students with their essay writing. Sign Up for free Citibank Indonesia Essay Below is a free essay on Citibank Indonesia from Anti Essays , your source for free research. Write an essays by frederick essay on television The role of ap world history types, television in modern life Outline: 1. Introduction 2. Disadvantages i. Vulgar pleasure ii. By Frederick. No more family life iii. No more outdoor activities iv. Ap World. No more fairy tales v. makes us lazy and careless vi. Children neglect their studies vii. Causes.

Human Biology Essay 2 Today all over the social media, whether a local TV station or a well known magazine such as New York Times, there have been repeated stories and articles circulating through regarding extreme poverty, sanitation and by frederick water problems in suffering countries , and classifieds resume other. Bit of Country The short story ”My Little Bit of Country ” by by frederick, Susan Cheever is an history essay about Susan Cheever. The essay is based on Susan’s life experiences. The theme in the text is city- and country life. Susan was as a child very fascinated about New York City, so for her to move to the country was a. On this essay I would to explain how the Cultural Materials and activities, support a multi-cultural and inclusive classroom on Montessori preschool. Maria Montessori created what she called Cosmic Education. She believed that children from ages 3-12 can and should learn about big things. The Cosmic.

Essay discussing the concern of poverty from two essays, On Dumpster Diving by Lars Eighner and A Modest Proposal by Jonathan Swift. particular essays I have read, On Dumpster Diving by Lars Eighner and, A Modest Proposal by by frederick douglass, Jonathan Swift, I noticed that the essay sexi authors write about the concern they have for the unfortunate people in their countries . They also provide abnormal means of resolving the issue of poverty. The essay by Lars Eighner. Capital Account Convertibility A Boon Or A Bane Economics Essay. 7/30/2015 Capital Account Convertibility A Boon Or A Bane Economics Essay Capital Account Convertibility A Boon Or A Bane Economics Essay Currency Convertibility means ease with which a particular currency or domestic currency can be converted into essays by frederick douglass, any other international currency and vice versa. Based. This essay is written from the point-of-view of an average 20-something-year-old American. When my professor assigned an essay on Judaism, my first thought was ‘no problem’.

My second thought was wondering if what I already knew would be enough. After all, I have had some world history classes. My Ambition In Life Essay To Become A C. My ambition in ap world essay types, life essay to become a collector Free Essays on by frederick douglass My Ambition In Life To Become A Collector for students. Use our papers to help you with yours. My Ambition Become a Collector: exaggeration of essay sexi, your dream and thoughts of how you want to be in your life. My ambition is to become an douglass IAS officer. Progressive Era Essay Events in the Progressive Era going on were the Civil Rights Movement, improvements for life in cities and spike in immigration at dessay, home. Abroad, the US built the essays douglass Panama Canal and involved with foreign relations.

The US expanded democracy at home, but not abroad during the Progressive. fifth year of high school would give students more oppurtunity to take classes they would enjoy, take stress off of teenagers, and give the youth of our nation a chance to develop good priorities. Schools are always adding new and interesting courses, but for many, like the college bound student, there. Happy Country - Essay written by Vaibhav - My Son When every Indian is happy then India is happy, when no one sleeps hungry then India is happy, when we respect each other then India is happy. Every time we think that what we have got from our country , we never think what we have given to the country. Essay on Priorities of Us Policies of essay sexi, Regional Integration During the Last Decades. American Studies Essay 2 11/22/2012 “Critically evaluate the douglass priorities of US policies of regional integration during the last decades” Word count: 932 Solitude at the top Over the course of dessay, my relatively short lifetime (thus far), I have been a spectator to by frederick douglass great changes in our society. The.

April 12, 2003 English 101 Speculative Essay Why Diabetes is increasing in characteristics good leader, the U.S. Diabetes is a disease that affects how the by frederick body uses glucose, the essay sexi main type of sugar in the blood. Glucose comes from the foods we eat and is the essays douglass major source of energy needed to fuel the body’s functions. Response to Marilyn Manson's Essay; Columbine: Whose Fault Is It? Overall I think that his main point is that art, namely music, is not to blame for society's problems. Instead we should look into our values and teaches as a country . In his essay , Marilyn Manson points out that as a race, humans are not perfect.

From the beginning, the Bible tells that that we are sinners. system over time, you start to realize that the decisions our grandparents made about how to farm the land continue to affect agricultural practice today; and essay sexi the economic policies we endorse today will have an impact on urban poverty when our children are adults. Douglass. The concept of sustainable development. An Essay About Waisting Time on the Internet. An essay on wasting time on the internet In this essay I will consider the social, economic and political factors of wasting time on resume the internet.

I really, really like wasting time on the internet. While much has been written on by frederick douglass its influence on contemporary living, spasmodically it returns to create. Newtons Law Essay - Railway Trains The Railway is one of the most important inventions of the past few centuries. It changed so much about the way people lived and the world of business and manufacturing. It made a significant contribution to classifieds resume industrializing the developed world and by frederick douglass made people more . How to Write an Essay on Social Issue. 1. A social essay will address social ideas, social theories, societal change, analysis and psychology.

These anthropological subjects need to be studied with insight and patience. Essay Sexi. Social concepts are usually introduced through a curriculum in school or college. Students are asked to read a set work. vehement critic of neo-imperialism and essays globalization. Her essay , “How Deep Shall We Dig?” was published in a national Indian newspaper ‘The Hindu’ on call 25 April, 2004 against the backdrop of the 14th General Lok Sabha Elections in India. In her essay she attempts to portray the essays harsh conditions prevalent. Persuasive Essay Is what happens in other parts of the world important to you? Some people would answer no because what happens in essay sexi, other parts of the world does not affect them. Essays By Frederick Douglass. But really everything that happens in the world affects everyone not just the people that pertain to that region. There are.

Summary Essay The children are our future. Author of, “If the Child is Safe”, Marian Wright Edelman’s main point seems to be, that the American Dream is collapsing. That what we do today, and how we raise our children inevitably impacts our future. Dessay. She points out how we need to be present in our children’s. Perspective Essays The Treaty Of Versailles. Essays By Frederick. 1. Imagine you are a German solider who would have held his own opinion about the essay on the good Treaty. Well, well, well.

The treaty of essays by frederick, Versailles, what a complete and utter screw up to say the on black consciousness movement least. How do I start with this.. First off, that treaty basically ruined. Slogans On India Of My Dreams Essays. ?Top of essays, Form Bottom of Form Slogans on India Of My Dreams Essays and Term Papers Top of Form Bottom of Form Top of Form Bottom of Form My India My Dream the dream of every citizen of on black, a country , to see that the country develops with no negative systems or ideas or beliefs. It is my dream and my vision. President Barack Obama’s Inauguration Speech Essay As history progressed, a lot of change has been made. On the date of January 20, 2009, the essays greatest change in history has been made. On this day, we finally acquired a black president to natalie dessay control the United States of by frederick douglass, America. Essay Sexi. This is a very dramatic. Gun Control Essay December 7, 2008 Com 220 Research Writing Violent crimes are committed in this country everyday; these crimes often are committed with a fire arm.

Seldom has a day gone by essays by frederick douglass, without these types of ap world essay types, crimes being covered. Furkan Sahin Repeater 20070091 Chronological Essay The Automobile Along the history men’s needs always cause new inventions. As the time pass coaches were no longer useful for men and by frederick first bicycle was made. After two wheel . Electoral College Essay During 1787 our founding fathers knew that they had to ap world history be the ones to make sure that every presidential election was fair and this is when the Electoral College was formed. Many people will think that this is an actual college, however it is not. In 1787 there were several methods. With everything that has happened in our country in the last few years many people are becoming more patriotic.

Since 9/11, our nations flag has flown high, more students are saying the Pledge of by frederick, Allegiance, and many cars now carry symbols of support for our troops. However, even with this new outlook. Advantages and Disadvantages of Increasing Tourism Activity in Different Countries. | Advantages and disadvantages of increasing tourism activity in different countries Top of Form |the leaf ninjaThreads: 9 |Jul 22, 2011, 02:20am #1 . Letting the dessay sonnambula Students Write an Essay with a Twist. friends. By Frederick. First we arrived in characteristics of a good leader, Mendoza, where we stayed for only one day.

Our next destination was Buenos Aires, the capital city of Argentina. But we didn't want to get there by bus, because we were trying to save some money for our outgoings. So, we went to essays by frederick Buenos Aires by hitchhiking. There were very. Chua’s essay , “The Right Road to America” she argues the point that immigration is a great value of this country and that America was built from immigrants. One thing differs from Chua’s essay than from sonnambula others because she not only gives highly credible facts on how immigrants have helped our country , but. In an Essay of Approximately 2000 Words Describe and Discuss Some of the Many Different Forms of Crime Within Our Society. ASSIGNMENT: B3 IN AN ESSAY OF APPROXIMATELY 2000 WORDS DESCRIBE AND DISCUSS SOME OF THE MANY DIFFERENT FORMS OF CRIME WITHIN OUR SOCIETY. In this essay I will be discussing some of the essays by frederick forms of crimes our society face.

Today there are many crimes such as murder, rape, arson, theft, prostitution. Two Sample SAT Essays —Up Close Below is our sample essay question, which is ap world history types designed to be as close as possible to an essay question that might appear on douglass the SAT. You’ll recognize that it’s based on on black movement the great philosopher Moses Pelingus’s assertion, “There’s no success like failure,” which we have referred. academic essay Below are 4 samples of good essays . Band 4 or 5. Band 6 essays will demonstrate a much better command of linguistic fluency and accuracy as well as show more mature and essays by frederick critical thinking skills. FYI: I'm sticking to my writing template so that the organisation of your essay is clearer. Honoring Our Veterans and Soldiers. Since the start of our country , over 2,800,000 soldiers have died in battle. In the time when we needed them most, they were there. Essay Sexi. They did what their country asked of them. They did it proudly and with honor. This essay is honoring them.

Soldiers and veterans are all around us. Essays By Frederick. They are husbands. How Much Control Do We Have in Shaping Our Own Identities? How much control do we have in shaping our own identities? ‘An identity is ‘the set of behavioural or personal characteristics by which an essay characteristics good leader individual is recognisable as a member of essays douglass, a group’. The amount of control we have over shaping our own identities depends on the relationship between the personal. for our students to be learning in our schools today?

This is a question that has been asked in this country for many years. It has been an issue of controversy for many years. Classifieds Resume. Many people believe that Bilingual Education is a modern day issue that has recently been a focus point in by frederick, our country . Bilingual. Effects of Technology Essay Within the recent years, technology has changed the world we now live in. Dessay Sonnambula. I feel that cell phones and by frederick douglass other technology such a Blackberries and classifieds Personal Digital Assistants (PDA’s) have played the essays by frederick most significant role in classifieds, effecting our personal and douglass business lives. If you. The Age of the Essay September 2004 Remember the essays you had to write in high school? Topic sentence, introductory paragraph, supporting paragraphs, conclusion. The conclusion being, say, that Ahab in Moby Dick was a Christ-like figure. Oy. So I'm going to try to give the other side of the.

facing the world today is global warming. Essays. Many scientists believe that our production of essays douglass, carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases is having a heating effect on the atmosphere, and this could be very dangerous for human life. This essay will examine the on black problem of global warming and essays by frederick suggest some ways of. Earth Day - Our Role in Environmental Ethics. protected.

The lives that we have grown accustomed to essay sexi and may take fro granted may be in danger. This is the world we live in and the abuse or misuse of our ecosystem could have consequences for essays by frederick douglass years to come. There are some that believe that the world’s intended purpose was to resume serve us as human beings in. Name Professor Essay Class December 11, 2008 Legalization of essays by frederick douglass, Marijuana Marijuana is an illegal drug found throughout the United States. Marijuana comes from a unique type of hemp plant called cannabis indicia. About 300,000,000 people use marijuana daily it is described as a non-additive. Writing the Essay in the Ielts Academic. Writing The Essay in the IELTS Academic Task 2 Writing 1 The Introduction First of all, don't repeat any part of the history types question in your introduction.

This is essays by frederick not your own work and therefore will be disregarded by the examiner and deducted from the word count. You can use individual words but be careful. Poverty in the United States: What Is the on black movement Best Way to Help Our Poor? is the best way to help our poor? Peter Singer, a modern day philosopher and by frederick the Ira W. DeCamp Professor of sonnambula, Bioethics at Princeton University, wrote an essay addressing his concerns over essays douglass, world hunger and to action poverty in 1971 titled, “Famine, Affluence, and Morality”, in this essay he emphasizes and states. America: Not the Greatest Country in the World.

Abstract European countries are better educated, their violent crime is by frederick almost non-existent and their People generally live comfortably and resume maintain a stable government and avoid most conflicts while further building up the country . Douglass. America is just over two hundred years old, and our children are educated. Service and Sacrifice Made by on the characteristics of a good, Our American Veterans. Service and Sacrifice made by our American Veterans This essay is about service and sacrifice by American Veterans, and how it benefits our youth. My first paragraph will include my first opinion on why I believe today’s youth benefits from our American Veteran’s sacrifices, in all the. ESSAY #1 INSTRUCTIONS General instructions: --The paper should be double-spaced, 1000 words long or longer (but not too much longer; quality, not quantity!). --Follow the by frederick douglass Blackboard internal “Dropbox” instructions for how to submit your paper within Blackboard (which then gets shuttled automatically. ? English 101 3/17/15 Professor St. Clair Synthesis essay Don’t Judge Books By The Cover Through everyday life stereotypes exist wither we want them to essay sexi or not and essays douglass there’s not much anyone can do about call to action essay it. In part, from the piece “Paper Tigers”, by Wesley yang and “Ghetto. Essay – German Should Be the Only Language Spoken at School. other corner Italian kids talking Italy.

But such a possibility to essays be able to speak more than one language is a very good advantage. In the following essay , I want to show the pros and cons. On the one hand they are many advantages why German should be the only language spoken at school. Firstly, the official. Argumentative Essay In an era where insured safety is nearly impossible to come by, people need to be prepared for anything that may or may not happen. At this point in our nation’s history it would be foolish to think that our safety is essay on the characteristics of a good not in danger. There are many people in many nations who. Vinnie Maggio Honors Election Essay The War on Terror has been a topic of debate since 2001. After the attack on the World Trade Centers, America embarked on a mission to protect our freedom and by frederick protect our Nation.

There is more than just one side to this story, as is all stories. To America, the. Moresby ,NCD | | Save our country from on the leader corruption Introduction Many ordinary citizens of this country believe that one of the most serious problem our country faces currently is corruption. An article from the by frederick douglass National Newspaper read “sole corruption” which reads “ our nation is at danger of surrendering. Essay On Features Of Economic Recession. Essay on features of call to action argument, economic recession questions economic recession essay and to at least five questions of my own. defining features of these text types and so decide what needs to be taught. Cycle (or Trade Cycle) is divided into the following four phases :- Prosperity Phase : Expansion or Boom or. English Ii Comparison Essay Guide. understand two items, like notebook and laptop computers. Compare them for similarities and contrast them for differences. A compare-and-contrast essay typically includes these elements: two or more subjects that have something in common; a main idea that enables readers to essays by frederick douglass make a decision or to better.

DIGITAL PHOTOMEDIA Composite Image Essay Titled: Please Explain Within today’s society there are people who fight for equality, for what is right, for what is fair…and then, there are the one’s who don’t. The one’s who would rather take the classifieds resume backseat approach and essays hope the problem resolves itself. BIOGRAPHICAL ESSAY I am a Chinese girl born in the year 1988. There are ten person in my family-my father, my mother, two sisters, three brother and history types myself. Essays By Frederick. My parents always tell me the importance of on the of a good leader, a good education and future plans are being made to see me through in my university education. My. Assess the usefulness of these theories in essays, our understanding of resume, society.

?Assess the usefulness of these theories in our understanding of society. (20 marks) In this essay I will be writing about how useful macro and micro theories are in our understanding of society. Macro theories are explanations that look at society as a whole, and essays by frederick the effect society has on people within.

Pay for Exclusive Essay -
The Life Of Frederick Douglass …

can put tables essay The basics of by frederick scientific writing are always the same, whatever the task. So, we will focus on essays, including the proper citation of ap world history essay types references - see citing references . We start with a short section on Getting started (overcoming writer's block). If you don't have this problem then go straight to How to essays by frederick douglass, write an essay . Everyone has experienced writer's block, and on black movement, that's as true for a first-year essay as it is for a PhD thesis. Essays By Frederick! It is a psychological hurdle - the task ahead seems daunting, and classifieds resume, you spend ages trying to decide how you will produce the essays douglass, perfect, polished, final product. Meanwhile you have produced nothing; you are no further forward!

Or perhaps you do start - you write the first few paragraphs, you don't feel happy with them, so you rewrite them again and again, and never make progress. That's why so many PhD students go past their deadline, and why some never produce a thesis. The solution is simple, and it always works. Let's assume that you have done all the essay sexi, preparation - you know more or less what you want to write about, and you have accumulated lots of rough notes or experimental results, etc. Start writing, keep going, and don't look back until you get to the end! Remember that this is your first draft , and no-one else will see it. Don't worry about the finer points of structure. Don't worry about the order of your sentences - sometimes the order will be sensible, sometimes not. Don't worry about your spelling or punctuation.

Don't worry if you can't find the right word or phrase - just use dashes (--------) or a reminder such as (say something about essays douglass, dogs here) and keep going. Don't even worry if something you have written is not strictly true or will need to be checked. Just keep going! Once you have produced this rough draft you will have broken the back of the job. Then you can rearrange whole sections or blocks of ap world text, putting them where they fit best. And then you can go through the text, correcting anything you need to essays by frederick, correct, and inserting anything you need to insert. Everything that I have ever written (including two books, more than 100 scientific papers, and even this web site) was produced initially as a rough draft from start to finish , and then rewritten or rearranged at argument essay, least 3 times. The Cut , Copy and Paste buttons on word-processors make the job easy when you have got the douglass, basic content in place. Good writing requires preparation, organisation and argument essay, structure . We don't really need these things in an email message (although it helps!). We certainly need them for by frederick anything that we want to put on ap world types record - an essay, a scientific report, etc. Your first draft (see Getting started ) might conform to Philip Larkin's description.

Your final version will take shape when you work through each section in detail. What makes a good scientific essay? The answer is: good structure and good content . Essays Douglass! Look at characteristics of a leader, your favourite textbook, or one of the good review journals such as Trends ( Trends in essays Evolution and history essay, Ecology , Trends in Microbiology , etc.). Why do you like it? Because its structure guides you through the essays douglass, subject in an accessible way: the Introduction sets the scene; the separate sections have headings ; the longer sections are divided into sub-sections, with sub-headings , so you don't have to plough through long sections of text; the tables , diagrams and photographs illustrate or summarise key points, while also breaking the text (textbook editors are skilled at making the on black movement, pages appear interesting); the Conclusion puts everything in perspective, and typically suggests where further work is needed; the References cover key areas referred to in the text.

Your essay should have the same features. The long essay composed of continuous text may still hold a place in by frederick Arts and Social Sciences, but it no longer has a place in history types Science. Any piece of douglass writing should have an Introduction. It need not be long - perhaps a single paragraph - but it should set the scene clearly. For a scientific paper it is usual to give an overview of previous work in the field, then state why you did your work - e.g. to resolve a specific point that was still unclear - and essay sexi, sometimes to say briefly what your work will show. For an essay it is usual to define clearly the subject you will address (e.g. the by frederick, adaptations of organisms to cold environments), how you will address this subject (e.g. by using examples drawn principally from the characteristics good leader, Arctic zone) and by frederick, what you will show or argue (e.g. that all types of organism, from microbes through to mammals, have specific adaptations that fit them for life in cold environments). The Introduction will be the essay sexi, first section that you write, but it will probably be one of the last sections that you revise, to essays, make sure that it leads the ap world history essay types, reader clearly into the details of the subject you have covered.

Check-list for the Introduction. Does your Introduction start logically by telling us what the essay is about - for example, the various adaptations to habitat in essays by frederick douglass the bear family (Ursidae)? Does your Introduction outline how you will address this topic - for example, by an overview of the habitats of bears, followed by in-depth treatment of some specific adaptations? The main body of classifieds text should have a clear, obvious structure . In scientific writing, this means that it will have sections , each with a heading, and each section might well have sub-headings , to essays by frederick, cover different aspects. You will need to essay sexi, think about the by frederick douglass, hierarchies of headings , so that the reader doesn't get lost.

There are several ways of doing this, but one example is: MAIN HEADINGS IN CAPITALS (INTRODUCTION, CONCLUSION, ETC.) Section headings in essay sexi bold lower case ( Mammals of the temperate zone , Birds , etc.) Sub-sections in italics ( The arctic fox , The polar bear , etc.) or underlined . You should include tables , diagrams , and essays douglass, perhaps photographs in your essay. (See tables, diagrams, photographs ). Tables are valuable for summarising information, and classifieds, are most likely to impress if they show the essays douglass, results of relevant experimental data . On The Of A Good! Diagrams enable the reader to essays by frederick douglass, visualise things, replacing the essay sexi, need for by frederick lengthy descriptions. Photographs must be selected with care, to show something meaningful. Nobody will be impressed by ap world history a picture of a giraffe - we all know what it looks like, so the picture would be mere decoration.

But a detailed picture of a giraffe's markings might be useful if it illustrates a key point. All the points above refer to structure and presentation. By Frederick! But, of course, the most important point is that an essay must have substance . For this, you must carefully select the material you will present, order the facts or arguments in the most logical sequence, and make the argument flow . For example, if you are writing an essay about adaptations to cold environments, it is not enough to essays on black consciousness movement, just piece together a series of examples - a cold-adapted bacterium, a cold-adapted moss, a cold-adapted bear, etc. Instead, you should have chosen your examples to illustrate the adaptations that they have in common, or the contrasting ways in which they achieve the same result, and essays by frederick, make these points as you go through the classifieds, essay. 1. Often you will have a word limit - say, 2000 words. Typically, this means that you should be within 10% of the by frederick, target (1800 - 2200 words, excluding references, tables, diagrams, etc.).

Anything much more, or less, is likely to be penalised. 2. How can you cover anything reasonably in 2000 words, when you could write at least 10,000 words on the subject? That's just the point - we (the markers or readers) don't want to sonnambula, read 10,000 words, and there is essays, no guarantee that it would be any better than 2000 words. You might think that you have a stark choice: cover everything superficially, or cover a few things well. But there is a third way (if that expression has not been wholly devalued by New Labour). We can call it breadth with depth: cover the main elements of the subject, then focus on one or two key issues for more detailed consideration. These issues should be selected carefully - and say so - for topicality, for dessay the particular depth of by frederick study they have received, etc. Checklist for the main body of text. Does your text have sections with headings and classifieds resume, sub-headings?

Does the text follow a logical sequence, so that the argument flows? Does your text have both breadth and depth - i.e. general coverage of the major issues, with in-depth treatment of particularly important points? Does your text include some illustrative experimental (or other scientific) results? Have you chosen the diagrams or photographs carefully, to provide information and understanding, or are the by frederick douglass, illustrations merely decorative? An essay needs a conclusion. Like the introduction, this need not be long, but it should draw the ap world, information together and, ideally, place it in a broader context . Unfortunately, the conclusion is essays by frederick douglass, often the most difficult part of an essay.

Student essays all too often end with some bland statement such as As can be seen by the examples I have discussed, organisms that live in cold environments usually have specific adaptations that fit them for these conditions. That's just words: an excuse for a conclusion. On the other hand, a conclusion should not introduce more facts . If the essays on black consciousness, new facts are relevant then they should have been mentioned earlier. The best conclusions are those that show you are thinking further. By Frederick Douglass! For example, it might be interesting to ap world essay, transfer cold-adapted organisms to more moderate environments and see whether the cold-adapted traits are still expressed.

Or, it might be interesting to look for sequence homology in by frederick douglass the genes of cold-adapted organisms and organisms of more moderate environments. As a last resort, you might use a nice, short quotation - preferably a witty one to put the marker in a good mood! [ A note on conclusions in exam answers . Students often end examination essays with a summary of the points mentioned earlier. Classifieds! This is by frederick douglass, a total waste of time. You can only score the essay sexi, marks once, no matter how many times you repeat a point.] Click here for essays douglass more guidance on examination technique. In all scientific writing you are expected to cite your main sources of information. On Black Movement! Scientific journals have their own preferred (usually obligatory) method of essays by frederick douglass doing this. The piece of text below shows how you can cite work in an essay, dissertation or thesis. Then you produce an alphabetical list of references at the end of the essay. Citations in the text [We will use colours here, so that you can follow the guidance notes in natalie the reference list.]

Jones Smith (1999) showed that the ribosomal RNA of fungi differs from by frederick that of dessay sonnambula slime moulds. Essays Douglass! This challenged the previous assumption that slime moulds are part of the fungal kingdom (Toby Dean, 1987) . However, according to Bloggs et al . (1999) the slime moulds can still be accommodated in the fungal kingdom for convenience. This view has been challenged by Deacon (1999) . In the resume, reference list at the end of the douglass, essay: [List the references in alphabetical order] Bloggs A.E., Biggles N.H. Classifieds Resume! Bow R.T. Douglass! (1999) The Slime Moulds . Academic Press, London New York.

[ Guidance: this reference is to a book. We give the names of all authors, the publication date, title, name of publisher and place of publication. Note that we referred to essay of a good leader, Bloggs et al .(1999) in the text. The term et al . is an abbreviation of the Latin et alia (meaning and others). We use this abbreviation when there are 3 or more authors, to save cluttering the text. Note also that Bloggs et al . is part of a sentence in the text, so we put only the douglass, date in classifieds brackets.] Deacon J.W. Douglass! (1999) The Microbial World (http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/bto/microbes/microbes.htm) [accessed 15 November 1999] [ Guidance: this reference is to a website. We give the name of the author (or organisation if there is no author) and the full URL (web address). It is sensible to state when you accessed the site, because the information on web sites can change periodically.] Jones B.B. and Smith J.O.E . (1999).

Ribosomal RNA of slime moulds. Dessay! Journal of Ribosomal RNA 12 , 33-38. [ Guidance: this is a reference to a published scientific paper. We give the names of all authors, the date, title of the paper, the journal, volume number (in bold) and page numbers (first and last) of the paper.] Toby F.S.

Dean P.L. (1987). Slime moulds are part of the essays by frederick douglass, fungal kingdom. In A. E. Argument Essay! Edwards Y. Kane (eds) The Fungal Kingdom . Osbert Publishing Co., Luton. [ Guidance: this is a reference to a chapter in a book edited by Edwards Kane. We give the names of all authors, date, title of the article, editors of the book, title of the book, publisher and essays by frederick, place of publication. Note how we cited this reference (Toby Dean, 1987) in classifieds the text.

We put the whole reference in brackets because it was not part of the flow of the sentence. Essays By Frederick Douglass! If we wanted to natalie dessay, put two references in brackets, we would write: ( Toby Dean, 1987 ; Deacon, 1999 ). Typically, we would use chronological order (1987 before 1999) and separate the two references by essays by frederick a semicolon. Technicalities . Tables, diagrams and photographs can be (1) xeroxed into spaces which you leave in the text, (2) scanned onto essay sexi a disk, using a flat-bed scanner, then imported into a Word document, (3) copied from essays douglass a WWW source and imported into a Word document, or (4) xeroxed and simply glued into your text. [Click here for good guidance on saving and importing images from WWW sources]. Remember that almost anything you use will be covered by copyright. Essays Douglass! It is wise to history essay types, ask (email) the owner of a website for permission to use the image in essays douglass an essay. In my experience few would refuse such a one-off request.

Labelling, legends and acknowledgment . Whenever you use a table, diagram or image in your essay you must : cite the source (e.g. from Bloggs, 1989) use your own legend and explanation , not the essay sexi, original one. For example: Figure 1. The pathway of synthesis of the amino acid alanine, showing. From Bloggs (1989) . [Never use the original legend, because it is likely to have a different Figure number and to have information that is not relevant for your purposes. Also, make sure that you explain any abbreviations or other things that your reader needs to know about the Figure] Often in a scientific essay you will need to by frederick, quote sections of other people's work.

You do this in the standard way, by using quotation marks and citing the source of the information. For example: Mansell (1999) stated that The World is round. Be careful not to over-quote. Argument! The best advice is to quote only by frederick douglass, highly significant sentences or phrases, not The world is on black consciousness movement, round or All mammals have fur, nor points that could be made equally well in your own words. See the by frederick douglass, guidance on Plagiarism. When quoting other people's work, a few rules must be followed . They are stated here, then illustrated in an example. Always quote the words exactly as the person gave them. If you need to miss out parts of the quoted section because they are not relevant for your purposes, then use an ellipsis (three dots). Argument! Note that there are no spaces before or after an by frederick, ellipsis. If you need to call to action argument essay, add your own words, to make sense of the quoted material, then put your words in square brackets [].

If there is an error in the quoted material then write '(sic)' after it, to show that the error is essays, not yours. But this is most unlikely to arise. If you find an error then you would be well advised to quote a more authoritative source! One of the students wrote . the world is like a giant balloon. [that] spins about it's (sic) axis. [and] orbits the sun.