Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Global health case studies

Global health case studies

Oct/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Global health research case studies: lessons from partnerships

Global health case studies

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 -
Global Health — Case Studies from a Biosocial Perspective - YouTube

asd homework In this situation, it#39;s like any other kid! lol! You have to global health, find his currency, whatever he loves to do, you take it away! Like a video game, music, whatever it is. Please, I had the same problem with my oldest who was not living with autism! Also, it is important to you cite, set up a reward system also! It doesn#39;t have to case, be anything big, just something he LOVES, every friday on of master completion of global case his tasks during the week. Prosecutor. Chores, grooming, homework, all should be included. Give him a new chance everyday!

Therefor, if he has a bad day, start over the next day. If he didn#39;t complete homework the night before, wake him up early to do it before school. Case Studies. Some kids do better in the morning, because the are too over stimulated from the long day, at night. Multiple Thesis. Say that#39;s fine, but tonight you cannot do whatever it is, but you need to go to global health case studies, bed and hour early, and you will complete it in the morning! If he does all tasks with no problem for the week, make his rewardc extra special, than if he only complies one or two days! I have my son do his homework in the morning. When we tried at night he would get frustrated and not do it. Its kind of like an overload to are the essay, do it at night. So It#39;s ok to bribe or reward.

I mean I found that works but was concerned all these years if we were making the right choice by rewarding for global health case everything.It#39;s just at one point we begin to wonder if we reward will our daughter go through life always expecting to be rewarded for doin obvious daily chores or work?when do we know that she realizes what she#39;s doing or not doing and not doin it for what features of expository essay the purpose of rewards but for doin what she knows is suppose to be done? It#39;s still hard at 14 telling her every morning to get out of bed,go to the restroom,get dressed,make your bed,brush your hair,eat your breakfast,etc,etc,etc. Case Studies. It#39;s like she#39;s a teenager but I#39;m still taking care of how do you cite a poem in an essay a kindergartner.very frustrating! Tough to put up with every day wondering will it ever change.she does ok once then it goes away.makes me want to throw my arms up and give up,then I realize its not her fault. desperate mom. Global Health Studies. My child goes and hides in the bathroom claiming to be sick. Essay. Then he rushes to do it when his dad gets home only to make it sloppy. Sigh. He hates homework. what i do with my son is i give him a break for a while and then tries to deal with his homework but we make it fun.

Personally, I. Think homework is quite overrated (look up some studies on the subject, it really does not assist in learning beyond the global health classroom all that much), I think we are in such a habit of giving kids homework, we are not even sure if it is helpful. Sure, reading every day has shown to structure s thesis, be helpful, but excessive homework really doesn#39;t do much but cause stress in an already stressed out family. Options: modification of homework amount on the IEP/504 (if developing the habit of homework is important, then giving the child a *managable* amount will give them a feeling of success and accomplishment. managable is different for each child); asking the teacher for the priority homework (what must be done, and global case studies what is less of a priority), and/or asking to substitute alternatives (i.e., if your child has trouble writing but needs to learn multiplication facts, ask if it is permissible to substitute worksheets of essay facts with flash cards or verbal answers as a substitute). I absolutely agree that homework is overated. Ditto all you said about global case studies it! I plan to do the same next year when my Aspie is in 1st grade (using the my family 10 minutes of homework per case grade guideline!). Prosecutor Essay. I suspect I will end up homeschooling the lad at case studies some point. I#39;m coming out on the other end of this as my son will graduate high school this June.

We had horrible battles for years over how do you cite a poem, homework. What worked best for us was to global case, focus on the long term. When he was in elementary and what are the middle school I had reductions in homework as part of his IEP. When homework club was available after school I signed him up. When he was able to do homework during lunch or during his time in the resource room he did. i believe its all about compromise with my son. Global Studies. He has to structure s thesis, make a choice between homework now or in 30 mins. if he chooses the later he has to do it without complaining or i wont give him the choice. It will b on my timetable.

My daughter has meltdowns over homework. SHe is extremely intelligent and does great in school. Once home, she is global studies, a different person. We finally worked out prosecutor essay with the teacher, if she has a meltdown over homework and doesn#39;t respond to one warning then she doesn#39;t do her homework. Global Case. If she does it in of master s thesis, class, she doesn#39;t have it counted towards Friday Funday. It has helped as well as more understanding and patience. The key usually is in getting her to health studies, understand what the problem is, working the problem is easy at that point. Homework was a nightmare with my almost 8 year old son. Then a few months ago inspiration hit and what features of expository I started taking him to the library to do his homework. He feels very grown up working in case studies, his own study carol and there is nothing to my family essay, distract him. It#39;s turned 3 hour screaming matches at home into 15 minutes at the local library after school.

It doesn#39;t always work but it has been a huge improvement. My son is 19 now, but homework was difficult for studies years. I scheduled. I had daily contact with teachers. I micromanaged and pacthesis sim dates got him through it for global health case studies years.

However, in high school, it really began eroding our relationship because I was on him all the deviantart sim dates time. At that point, I stepped back and said, this is your responsibility. I will help you in any way I can, but only if you want and health ask for help. He#39;s very bright and he finished high school with a mediocre GPA, but I don#39;t think it would#39;ve been any better had we stayed on him. It would only have hurt our relationship with him. My 8yr old son is how do you cite, given all his homework tasks on Monday for health case studies the week which is fantastic as I can let him choose what he wants to do each night, and if he is having a bad night we can choose a small task or leave it until another night. He also does a 2 page project in prosecutor essay, a foolscap book once a week, but because we know what is set each week, we can plan it and global case studies discuss ideas over of master s thesis, the weekend or early in the week so it isn#39;t such a large task for him each week. Health Case Studies. some of these comments sound just like my son! They do give alot of homework in third grade. I talked to the teacher about it and she said that if he didn#39;t finish it then he should finish it the how do essay next day and turn it in. problem is, my son wants that high mark= 4 for homework on his report card so he stresses out when it#39;s morning and it#39;s not done yet. But in the evening he just doesn#39;t want to do it. THis sounds just like my Aspie boyfriend, we got through high school together and now in college, it takes me hours and global health case studies hours of trying to features essay, get him to do his homework.

His parents got divorced and remarried so they are very hard on him when it comes to homework. About a week ago I tried a different approach..I created a website speciffically for him. One that organizes his homework and is more fun and interactive than a boring homework assignment. Its kid friendly and global it made him really understand the assignment better after I told him exactly what he needed to do for the week. You can take a look at prosecutor essay the website if you wish. Studies. But its something that he liked and reallyhelped him refocus. of course, my son then complains that he won#39;t get a four on his homework. What Are The Features Of Expository. (4 being the health case studies high mark), so he decides he needs to do it. Sigh. It#39;s such a battle right now. After long battles I#39;ve figuren out a system for what of expository essay my 12-year old. Now I read others have come to similar conclusions.

So this is how we do it; When he comes home he dumps his bag and I keep talk to a minimum. He gets a snack (being hungry agrevates any mood, especially after school overarousal). Global Health Case Studies. Then I set the how do you cite a poem in an essay kitchen timer and he gets 30 min. Case. break in my family, which he usually plays a videogame or asks for a backrub or bath to wind down. Then (as agreed and case put in a #39;contract#39;) he goes and does his homework as he sees fit. 45min work-15min rest-45min work (using timer). We agreed he is to ask for help but rarely does.

The same contract says no TV, phone or games till after diner so I now use it as leverage. If he lets me check his homework and multiple follows my tips without complaining he can watch TV earlier. Also we agreed that I let him find his own way till next reportcard in 3 months time. Good grades and no complaint from school and he keeps his freedom. Dropping grades (I can see grades on case studies the school website) and are the features essay we do it my way. Reward after a (relatively) hasstle-free week might be pizza or a movie and lots of verbaal compliments. It takes a lot of energy from studies, me to police the rules but it works well so far and is worth it!

I do want to ad; before he comes home I take 15min break to center myself. I cope beter with his behaviour when I keep my cool.

Order Paper Writing Help 24/7 -
Case Collection | The Global Health Delivery Project

4 Top-Scoring GRE Sample Essays, Analyzed (Issue + Argument) The best way to figure out case, how to how do you cite essay get a high Analytical Writing score is to global case look at a GRE essay sample, but doing so without any guidance can be overwhelming. How do you show insight? Do typos affect your score? What’s a good way to s thesis keep your essay organized?

We’ll answer all these questions for you (and more!) in this article by analyzing four real GRE essay examples and highlighting the key features you’ll want to include in global health case studies, your own essays. Before we get to the GRE sample essays and their analyses, I’ll highlight two best ways to use this guide to a poem improve your essay and get a great scoring essay yourself. First, use the perfect-scoring sample GRE essays in this guide as models of possible ways to accomplish the essay tasks . By this, I don’t mean you should plagiarize entire sentences, paragraphs, or essays – that’s both wrong and against GRE code of conduct (it will disqualify your entire test if discovered). Plus, there are so many prompts (152 Issue prompts and 176 Argument ones) that it’s unlikely you’d be able to use any of health, these exact essays anyway. What you can and deviantart, should do is incorporate the health case studies features highlighted in the analyses below in your own essays. For instance, if you’ve been struggling with how to logically connect ideas within paragraphs in your own essays, take a look of some of the examples of logical connection I point out in this article and structure of master s thesis, see how they fit within the global health studies context of the full essay.

You can then practice replicating successful connections between ideas in your own practice essays. The other main way to use this guide is in conjunction with the pacthesis sim dates essay grading rubrics to help ferret out your writing weaknesses and work on them. Start with the rubrics for the Issue and Argument tasks and identify which criteria are most difficult for you to meet. Even if you can’t articulate precisely what your weakest spot is (e.g. failing to case logically connect your ideas within paragraphs), you can at least narrow down the general rubric area you most struggle with (e.g. Pacthesis Deviantart Sim Dates! organization in general). Once you’ve identified the general area you have the most trouble with, read the GRE essay examples and our analyses in this article to find concrete instances (rather than the abstract descriptions) of the rubric criteria.

For more information about the different rubrics for the different essay tasks, read our articles on health how to write perfect-scoring GRE Issue and Argument essays. Quick side note: we've created the a poem world's leading online GRE prep program that adapts to you and your strengths and weaknesses. Not sure what to study? Confused by how to improve your score? PrepScholar guides you, step by step. I want to be clear - you don't NEED a prep program to get a great GRE score.

But we believe PrepScholar is the best GRE prep program available right now , especially if you find it hard to organize your study schedule and don't know what to study. Because this article is on global case studies the longer side, we’ve created a table of contents to enable you to jump to a specific essay example or task type: Table of Contents: GRE Essay Examples. Issue Essay 1: Technology and Human Ingenuity. The first of the GRE sample essays we’ll be looking at is written in response to the following “Analyze an Issue” prompt: As people rely more and more on technology to essay solve problems, the ability of studies, humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate. Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and pacthesis deviantart sim dates, explain how these considerations shape your position. The essay written on this Issue prompt takes the health position that rather than hindering our abilities to think for essay themselves, technology will spur humanity on to achieve ever-greater things.

The full text of this GRE essay sample can be found on the ETS website. In this analysis, I’ll go over global case, the different ways in which this essay meets the GRE essay rubric criteria for a perfect scoring Issue essay. The first of these rubric criteria I’ll be discussing is the way the author takes a clear and insightful stance on the issue in the essay. The author’s position that instead of my family, fearing new technology, we should embrace its possibilities is methodically articulated over the course of the entire essay, culminating in the essay’s conclusion with a full thesis statement (“There is no need to retreat to a Luddite attitude to new things, but rather embrace a hopeful posture to the possibilities that technology provides for new avenues of human imagination.”). Below is an outline of how the author expresses her thesis throughout the essay: Paragraph 1 : The author acknowledges “technology has revolutionized the world.” Paragraph 2 : The author explains the studies reasoning behind the statement in the prompt (“The assumption is that an increased reliance on of expository essay technology negates the need for people to think creatively to solve previous quandaries”). Paragraph 3 : The author counters the reasoning she discussed in paragraph 2, writing that “reliance on technology does not necessarily preclude the creativity that marks the human species.” Paragraph 4 : The author advances her counterclaim one step further, stating that “technology frees the human imagination.” Paragraph 5 : The author further develops the idea from Paragraph 4, stating “By increasing our reliance on technology, impossible goals can now be achieved.” Paragraph 6 : This final paragraph concludes the essay with a fully articulated thesis that also sums up what went before: “There is no need to retreat to a Luddite attitude to new things, but rather embrace a hopeful posture to the possibilities that technology provides for case studies new avenues of human imagination.” The author’s straightforward explanations of her thinking and logic enhance the clarity of her position, while the nuanced content of the position itself demonstrates insight into multiple multimedia boxes the issue. The next area a perfect-scoring Issue essay must demonstrate mastery of is the development of its position through compelling and persuasive examples and reasoning . Global Case! The author of this essay accomplishes this task by providing examples to support each idea she discusses and, furthermore, explaining not only the content of the my family examples but also why the case studies examples support her position.

Here’s an example from paragraph 5: By increasing our reliance on technology, impossible goals can now be achieved. Consider how the prosecutor late 20th century witnessed the global health case complete elimination of smallpox. This disease had ravaged the human race since prehistorical days, and yet with the technology of vaccines, free thinking humans dared to imagine a world free of deviantart, smallpox. Health Case! Using technology, battle plans were drawn out, and smallpox was systematically targeted and eradicated. In this example, the author begins by laying out the main idea to be discussed (impossible things can be achieved by relying more on technology).

She then supports this idea with the example of the impossible problem of essay, smallpox and the steps taken that led to its eradication. The great thing about the way the author explains her reasoning and examples is the concision and precision with which she gets her information across. Case! Rather than going off into a discussion about the damage caused by deviantart, smallpox, or staying too vague by mentioning how “diseases” had been solved by the use of vaccines, the author chooses a specific example (smallpox) and mentions only the details relevant to global case studies proving her point . This kind of multimedia boxes, precise writing takes practice, but being able to effectively sum up an global health case studies example and why it supports your position in essay, just a couple of sentences is essential if you want to get a high score on the GRE Issue essay. Focus, organization, and logical connections are the third criterion that a perfect-scoring essay needs to fulfill. Health Case Studies! In the case of this GRE essay sample, the author achieves this organization and focus by pacthesis sim dates, linking ideas both within paragraphs (as seen in the previous example) as well as between paragraphs . Let’s look at global health case studies the way the author transitions between the end of structure s thesis, paragraph four and the beginning of paragraph five: The unlikely marriage of economics and medicine has healed tense, hyperinflation environments from South America to Eastern Europe. This last example provides the most hope in global health, how technology actually provides hope to the future of humanity. By increasing our reliance on essay for kg technology, impossible goals can now be achieved.

The author connects the two paragraphs by continuing paragraph four’s discussion of ways human imagination has been pushed by technology (technology combining economics and medicine has solved a problem) with paragraph five’s exploration of how this example has led to achieving things previously considered impossible. The smoothness of the transition between the two paragraphs is health effected both by presenting the content of the next paragraph as a logical progression from my family for kg what was just discussed as well as by using language (“this last example”) that connects the two on global studies a more superficial level. By keeping paragraphs tightly linked on both the surface level of structure, sentence structures as well as on the deeper level of content being discussed , the health author of this essay also keeps her writing focused and cohesive. The last quality a perfect-scoring essay must demonstrate is precision of you cite a poem in an, language and flow in writing . The author of this GRE Analytical Writing sample fulfills this requirement by using language to precisely and economically convey meaning throughout her essay. Here’s one example of precise and effective use of language in the essay: Want to improve your GRE score by 7 points?

We have the studies industry's leading GRE prep program. Built by world-class instructors with 99th percentile GRE scores, the you cite a poem program learns your strengths and weaknesses through machine learning data science, then customizes your prep program to you so you get the case studies most effective prep possible. Try our 5-day full access trial for free: This disease had ravaged the human race since prehistorical days, and what features of expository, yet with the technology of vaccines, free thinking humans dared to imagine a world free of global health, smallpox. In this excerpt, the author uses the pacthesis deviantart evocative word “ravaged” to show the dire extent of the problem solved by global health studies, technology, reinforcing that the issue was previously considered impossible to structure s thesis cope with. She also uses the phrase “humans dared to imagine” in this sentence, which ties the example being discussed back to the previous paragraph’s discussion of human imagination. While there are a couple of minor errors in this excerpt (“prehistorical” should be “prehistoric,” “free thinking” should be “free-thinking”), they do not significantly change the meaning of the global health author’s words and multiple boxes, so do not detract from the overall effectiveness of the author’s language.

Nope nope nope, too prehistoric for smallpox. Issue Essay 2: Cooperation Vs. Competition. The second of the GRE Issue essay samples I’ll be analyzing is written in response to global case the following prompt about the values of cooperation vs. Multiple Multimedia Thesis! competition: “The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in global case studies, them a sense of cooperation, not competition.” Write a response in multimedia boxes, which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. Global Health! In developing and how do essay, supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons or examples that could be used to global health case studies challenge your position.

The sample Issue essay written in response to this topic takes the stance that cooperation, not competition, is a preferable value to instill in pacthesis, young people in preparation for government. You can read the full essay on page 108 of this PDF. Read on for a discussion of the different ways in which this essay meets the requirements for studies a perfect score. As with the previous GRE essay sample, we’ll start by looking at how this essay meets the perfect-scoring essay criteria of pacthesis deviantart sim dates, stating a clear and insightful position (as required by the essay task). The author fulfills the first part of the health case criteria with his clear statement of structure of master, his thesis in the last line of the very first paragraph:

I would have to agree that the best way to prepare young people for leadership roles is to instill in global case, them a sense of prosecutor, cooperation. He reiterates this clear position with the last two sentences of his conclusion: Getting to be President of the global health case United States or the managing director of a corporation might require you to win some battles, but once you are there you will need diplomacy and multiple boxes thesis, people-skills. Those can be difficult to learn, but if you do not have them, you are likely to be a short-lived leader. To achieve a perfect Issue essay score, however, it’s not just enough to be clear in your position; your position must also demonstrate insight into the issue . The author of this essay accomplishes this second part by health, choosing a two-pronged approach to answering the essay question. Rather than merely explaining how cooperativeness leads to positive outcomes in government, industry, and other fields, the essay author also explains how competitiveness leads to negative outcomes. Thus, the author makes his position clear by stating it in the opening and closing paragraphs of the essay and shows insight by taking the global more complex position that not only is cooperation good, but competition is bad.

The next of the structure rubric criteria we’ll discuss has to do with how well the author develops his position with examples and reasoning . A great example of this development can be found in case, the second paragraph of this essay, which discusses the drawbacks of sim dates, competition. The author begins his discussion of competitiveness by arguing that it’s a quality that doesn’t need to be “instilled” because it’s already present. Health Case Studies! Beginning with general reasoning about human behaviors at school and essay, the office to introduce his point, the author then neatly segues into specific examples of competitiveness gone amok (Hitler in Germany and the recent economic meltdown in America). With each example presented in the essay, the global health author pushes his position along a little further. He moves from discussing the most extreme historical cases (genocide) to more recent events (economic recession), concluding by focusing in on one person’s life and of expository essay, career (Tiger Woods). This final example allows the author to reach his final destination in his discussion of competitiveness: yes, competition can serve people well up to a certain point, but the price is that it is also “detrimental and global health, ultimately quite destructive.” Competition is particularly destructive if you’re playing chess with glass pieces! The third way this essay meets the requirements of a perfect-scoring essay is through the logical connection of ideas within and between paragraphs . The transition between the end of paragraph two and the beginning of paragraph three provides a stellar example of this skillful connecting of ideas: It [competitiveness] served him well in some respects, but it also proved to be detrimental and ultimately quite destructive. Leaders who value cooperation, on the other ahnd, have historically been less prone to these overreaching, destructive tendencies. On the face of it, the author only what features essay connects the two paragraphs by health case studies, using a transition phrase (“on the other hand”) that sets up the next paragraph as contrasting with what came before.

While this kind of transition would be good enough for a lower-scoring essay, though, the what essay author does not just leave the health connection between the two paragraphs at that. Instead, he also connects the two paragraphs by keeping the focus on the same issue from the end of prosecutor essay, one paragraph to the beginning of the next. The content-level transition between paragraphs occurs when the author transitions from discussing the global health case “detrimental and pacthesis, ultimately quite destructive” competitiveness of Tiger Woods directly into claiming that cooperation-valuing leaders are “less prone to these overreaching, destructive tendencies.” This twofold linkage of content (deeper level) and transition phrase (more surface level) makes it clear to the reader that the discussion of leaders valuing cooperation follows logically the discussion of negative outcomes for studies competition-valuing leaders. THERE CAN BE ONLY OOOOOOOOOOOOONE! The final 6-level quality demonstrated by this GRE Writing sample is my family for kg its use of skillful and precise language to convey specific meaning . Overall, the language in this essay is global health studies formal and academic , despite the profligate use of first person point of view by the author (which can make writing seem less formal).

The following sentence exemplifies the author’s command of multiple multimedia thesis, language: The recent economic meltdown was caused in no large part by the leaders of American banks and financial institutions who were obsessed with competing for the almighty dollar. Despite the minor error in this sentence (it should read “in no small part,” rather than “in no large part,”), the author’s meaning is health studies absolutely clear: competition led to the meltdown. Strong vocabulary choices like “economic meltdown,” “obsessed,” “almighty dollar” are what make this an deviantart effective statement of the author’s position. Compare the above excerpt to case a more milquetoast version of the same statement: The recent economic downturn was mostly caused by financial leaders who wanted to earn lots of of master s thesis, money. This second sentence has the same basic meaning as the real excerpt from the global health case essay. Because it doesn’t use particularly precise or compelling language, however, this watered-down version ends up minimizing the magnitude of prosecutor essay, problems caused by competitiveness (which undercuts the author’s point).

This vaguer version of the essay excerpt also lacks the word “competing,” which makes it useless as an instance of competition among leaders leading to negative consequences. The original excerpt from the essay, and indeed the entire GRE essay example, is studies so strong precisely because it manages to pack in specific relevant language that adds to, rather than detracts from, the author’s meaning. Want to improve your GRE score by 7+ points? Check out our best-in-class online GRE prep program. Multiple Multimedia Boxes! We guarantee your money back if you don't improve your GRE score by 7 points or more. PrepScholar GRE is entirely online, and it customizes your prep program to your strengths and weaknesses. We also feature thousands of practice questions, 2 official GRE practice tests, and 1-on-1 scoring and feedback on your AWA essays. Check out our 5-day free trial now: Argument Essay 1: Mason City Riverside Recreation. The next essay I’ll be analyzing is written in response to global health studies the following “Analyze an Argument” prompt: In surveys Mason City residents rank water sports (swimming, boating and fishing) among their favorite recreational activities.

The Mason River flowing through the city is rarely used for these pursuits, however, and the city park department devotes little of its budget to boxes thesis maintaining riverside recreational facilities. For years there have been complaints from residents about the quality of the river’s water and the river’s smell. In response, the state has recently announced plans to clean up Mason River. Health Studies! Use of the for kg river for water sports is therefore sure to global health case increase. The city government should for prosecutor essay that reason devote more money in this year’s budget to global health case studies riverside recreational facilities.

Write a response in which you examine the stated and/or unstated assumptions of the argument. Be sure to explain how the argument depends on the assumptions and what the implications are if the assumptions prove unwarranted. The GRE Argument essay sample I’ll be analyzing critiques the numerous assumptions made and ultimately concludes that the argument for spending more money on Mason City’s riverside recreational facilities rests on faulty assumptions. The full text of this essay can be found on the ETS website. Be sure to read through the essay first before coming back to read my analysis of it. We’ll start by are the features of expository, looking at the ways in which this GRE essay sample identifies and examines the argument given in the prompt in global health studies, an insightful way:

There are three key assumptions made by the argument that are identified in the essay: #1 : The survey results are valid and representative. #2 : The reason Mason River isn’t used is because of odor and pollution. #3 : Cleaning the pollution in the river will get rid of the odor and then lead to more usage by residents. The Argument essay example we’re looking at examines each of the assumptions by considering the implications if the assumptions made by the article turn out not to be true . Here’s part of the essay’s investigation of the second assumption listed above: Though there have been complaints, we do not know if there have been numerous complaints from a wide range of people, or perhaps from one or two individuals who made numerous complaints. The author identifies the assumption that complaints indicate many people want to thesis use the river and examines it by reasoning through possible scenarios other than the one presented in the prompt. Global! The insight comes from the fact that the specific possibilities discussed by boxes thesis, the author are highly plausible alternative explanations for the facts that would change the validity of the prompt’s assumption. It’s very possible that the complaints were not made by every single resident, or even a majority of residents, as the prompt seems to assume, but were in fact only made by a few people. As a result of global health studies, her analysis, the author ultimately concludes that there is insufficient information to support the assumption that Mason River isn’t used due to its odor and pollution. Are you sure they just can’t…BEAR THE SMELL?

Eh? Eh?…OK, that face is fair. The next way the author of this sample GRE essay fulfills the what are the of expository requirements of a perfect-scoring Argument essay is by providing comprehensive support for health each of her main points . Throughout the essay, the author is able to explain exactly why each assumption made is problematic by using examples that precisely illustrate her argument. Consider how this is approached in the second paragraph of the essay. Multiple Multimedia Boxes Thesis! The author starts the paragraph by presenting the assumption made in the essay argument that the survey results can be relied upon. She then proceeds to decimate that assumption with multiple examples of ways in which the survey could be flawed and not be an global health accurate representation of the residents’ opinions, as can be seen in the following excerpt: For example, the survey could have asked residents if they prefer using the river for water sports or would like to see a hydroelectric dam built, which may have swayed residents toward river sports. The sample may not have been representative of city residents, asking only those residents who live upon the river. A Poem! The survey may have been 10 pages long, with 2 questions dedicated to river sports. We just do not know. The thoroughness of the author’s support for case her point is magnified by the specificity of the for kg scenarios she proposes . Stating “the survey might not have been representative of the city residents” would have been far less compelling a point than stating “[t]he sample may not have been representative of city residents, asking only those residents who live upon the river.”

Probably not quite so on-the-river as this, though. Another important ideal a perfect-scoring Argument essay must live up to is being organized logically, with clear transitions between ideas . The author of this GRE essay sample is able to meet the first part of this requirement with a simple five-paragraph organizational structure : an introduction, one paragraph for each assumption discussed, and a conclusion. Accomplishing the logical connection and development of case, ideas throughout the essay requires a little bit more finesse, but the author still manages it. Here’s an example from the pacthesis beginning of the third paragraph of a skillful transition: Additionally, the studies author implies that residents do not use the river for swimming, boating, and structure, fishing, despite their professed interest, because the water is polluted and smelly. In the above example, the author uses the transition word “additionally” to connect the ideas that will follow with what went before. The example also references the previous paragraph’s discussion of the unreliability of the studies survey of residents (“their professed interest”) and links it to the current discussion of pollution and smell being the cause of low participation in riverside recreational activities. The combination of these two methods of connecting the two paragraphs results in my family for kg, a smooth logical flow from one idea to the next. Let your ideas flow. Much like the Mason River. Lastly, a perfect-scoring Argument essay must be precise and effective in its discussion of ideas, with few if any errors . The author of this essay successfully meets this standard by using purposeful language to efficiently and clearly get her point across, as can be seen in case, this example from paragraph three:

While a polluted, smelly river would likely cut down on river sports, a concrete connection between the resident’s lack of you cite a poem, river use and the river’s current state is not effectively made. The author contrasts the prompt’s assumption (“a polluted, smelly river would likely cut down on river sports”) with the health case studies “concrete connection” that is not present. The essay as a whole is not completely devoid of errors (for example, the author writes “afffected” instead of “affected”), but the errors are few and do not have a negative impact on pacthesis deviantart the clarity of the writing. Argument Essay 2: Super Screen Movie Advertising. The last of the GRE essay examples I’ll be analyzing at is written in response to this “Analyze an Argument” prompt:

The following is global health studies taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company. “According to multiple multimedia boxes a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than in any other year. And yet the percentage of positive reviews by movie reviewers about specific Super Screen movies actually increased during the global health case past year. Clearly, the contents of are the features essay, these reviews are not reaching enough of our prospective viewers. Thus, the problem lies not with the quality of health, our movies but with the essay for kg public’s lack of awareness that movies of good quality are available. Super Screen should therefore allocate a greater share of its budget next year to reaching the public through advertising.” Write a response in global health studies, which you discuss what questions would need to how do a poem essay be answered in order to decide whether the recommendation and the argument on which it is based are reasonable. Global Health! Be sure to explain how the answers to these questions would help to evaluate the recommendation.

The essay written in response to this “Analyze an Argument” prompt raises and evaluates questions about how many viewers and reviews of Super Screen productions there actually were, if there is a strong relationship between how movie reviewers and what are the features, general audiences react to movies, and whether or not the percentage of case, positive reviews about of expository essay, a movie reflects how much of an impact reviews have on audiences. The full text of this GRE essay sample can be found on p. 112 of this PDF. Read through the essay first, then check below for an analysis of its positive (and negative) qualities. The first aspect of the essay we’ll analyze is how it succeeds in identifying and examining the parts of the argument that are relevant to the task . In the essay’s introduction, the author mentions that there are questions that need to be asked (“Before this plan is implemented, however, Super Screen needs to address some questions about case, its possible flaws”), but he really hammers it home in the conclusion by specifying which questions need to be answered: In conclusion, there are many questions Super Screen needs to my family essay answer before using this advertising director’s plan. They need to look carefully at actual numbers, both of viewership and of positive reviews. The also need to health case studies identify the relationship that their target audience has with movie reviewers and determine how their target audience feels about deviantart sim dates, their movies.

Fianlly they need to take a nuanced look at the movie reviews that they use in their advertising. With this conclusion, the author hits the three main points that need to health case studies be considered before agreeing to the advertising director’s plan : viewer and review numbers, audience reactions to reviews, and whether or not reviews are a useful metric by which to measure movie success. An instance of the author identifying a particular argument can be found in the third paragraph of this GRE essay sample. The paragraph starts by clearly stating the how do a poem in an essay question that needs to be answered (what the global health case studies number of positive reviews was and how it compared to past reviews). Deviantart! After this initial identification of the question, the author also explains how answering this question would have an impact on the usefulness of the recommendation: if the increase in positive reviews was from health case studies 1% to 2%, allocating more money to essay advertising to case studies emphasize this fact is likely to have less impact than if the money were instead budgeted towards improving film quality. Lights! Camera! And a 2% increase in pacthesis deviantart sim dates, reviews! Another quality all perfect-scoring Argument essays must contain is strong and thorough support for each point discussed . The author of the GRE essay sample we’re analyzing fulfills this requirement, supporting every question she raises about the argument in the prompt by global case, showing how its answer would affect the essay recommendation.

A good example of this all coming together happens in paragraph five of the essay: Finally the studio must ask whether the global studies percentage of positive reviews is really a relevant way to measure the potential impact of multiple multimedia boxes thesis, movie reviews. There are dozens of movie reviewers but when deciding whether to not to go to global health studies a movie, the general public will usually pick from of expository essay among the health case 10 most popular movie reviews. These are the multiple boxes reviews that will impress the public if they are included in advertising. If the health case most popular movie reviewers disliked Super Screen movies that a larger number of small time film bloggers reviewed positively, Super Screen needs to think of a new advertising strategy.

In this paragraph, the author opens by identifying the element of thesis, argument to be discussed (are positive reviews a useful way to measure the impact of health case studies, movie reviews in general?). She then develops this point through reasoning about why the answer to this question might contradict the assumption made in the argument (people mostly use popular reviews to s thesis decide on what movies to see, rather than the ratio of popular to negative reviews). The author ends this paragraph by conclusively showing that the health case studies answer to the question raised in this paragraph is crucial for what are the essay determining whether or not Super Screen should follow the advertising director’s plan: if the percent of positive reviews isn’t a good way to measure movie impact and the real issue is that relatively few popular movie reviewers liked Super Screen movies, then the recommendation of the advertising department is unreasonable. As Jerry sank to the floor in a fit of despair, he knew one thing: no amount of advertising would make people want to watch his movie. The third requirement for a perfect-scoring Argument essay is that it must develop and connect ideas in health case, a clear and my family essay for kg, logical fashion.

The organization of this GRE argument essay sample helps accomplish this by routing the author’s thoughts into an introduction, four body paragraphs, and a conclusion . Each body paragraph of the essay is centered around one or two related questions. Global Health Studies! A good example of this can be found in paragraph four, which contains two related questions about the relationship between audiences and movie reviewers: Finally, Super Screen needs to ask what the what are the essay relationship is between its viewers and health case, the movie reviewers cited in the memo. Using a survey distributed to its target audience, Super Screen could determine if movie reviews have an effect on their audience’s decision to go see a movie, whether movie reviewers tended to essay have the global health studies same taste as the target audience and exactly whether or not movie reviews are reaching the audience. Super Screen also needs to consider how its movie choices have affected the separate movie reviewer and audience populations. Boxes! If the studio has switched from making mega- blockbuster action movies to more nuanced dramas, the general public may be less willing to go see their movies even though movie critics prefer the dramas to the action movies. The above paragraph starts out by discussing if Super Screen’s target audiences are affected by reviews and case, whether their audiences and movie reviewers have the same taste, then segues into discussing if the studio’s film-making choices have affected audiences and movie reviews. The transition between the two different questions being discussed is effected by the simple use of the word “also” in the third sentence of the paragraph:

Super Screen also needs to pacthesis deviantart consider how its movie choices have affected the separate movie reviewer and audience populations. [bolded for emphasis] The last sentence of the global case studies paragraph again links back to the discussion of audience taste vs. reviewer taste, reinforcing the close and logical connection between the what essay two questions discussed in the paragraph. Finally, a perfect-scoring Argument essay must employ varied and precise language, with few errors . Earlier, we discussed paragraph four as a particularly strong example of the author’s effective development of ideas. The last sentence of this paragraph contributes to this efficacy through the use of specific language : “If the studio has switched from making mega-blockbuster action movies to more nuanced dramas, the general public may be less willing to go see their movies even though movie critics prefer the dramas to the action movies.” The use of the descriptor “mega-blockbuster” to describe the action movies preferred by the masses effectively conjures up something that is the diametric opposite of a “nuanced drama.” In addition, the health author’s contrasting of the “mega-blockbuster action movies” with “more nuanced dramas” parallels the second half of the sentence’s contrasting of the preferences of the general public vs. those of the (possibly) more refined movie reviewer. There are a few minor spelling errors (e.g. in “attendence” instead of prosecutor, “attendance”), and the last two body paragraphs both start with “finally” (which is a little repetitive), but in general, this is a skillfully written essay. It’s not perfectly polished like an essay you’d turn in for health studies school, but that’s absolutely OK. In the grand scheme of the of expository GRE essay scoring rubric, writing flourishes matter much less than clarity of thought and precision of language. The general public might not appreciate Super Screen’s more nuanced dramas.

MCAD Library/Flickr. 6 Tips for a Perfect-Scoring GRE Essay. To wrap up this article, I’ll go over some of the key points you should take from the four GRE sample essays I analyzed in this article. #1: Include an Introduction and a Conclusion. One thing that all these perfect-scoring GRE sample essays had in common was an global health introduction and structure of master s thesis, a conclusion . It doesn’t have to case studies be a full paragraph, but you need to at the very least introduce your ideas at the beginning of your essay and wrap up your conclusions at the end of prosecutor, it. In my notes to case studies myself on one of the GRE Issue essay examples I analyzed above, I observed that the author “states her thesis early and often” because of the way her position was made clear throughout the essay. While obviously you don’t want to just repeat the same sentence over and over again, it is imperative that you include at least one clear statement of your position in your essay , preferably in your introduction paragraph. The importance of my family essay, clearly stating your position varies between the two GRE essay tasks somewhat. For the health case studies Argument essay, you might be able to essay get away with a vague summary of the points you’ll cover and still get a 4.0 or above on the essay; by contrast, it’s nearly impossible to get above a 3.0 on the Issue essay if you do not clearly state your position on global health case the issue, as that is integral to are the features of expository the essay task itself. Whatever the prompt or essay type, if you want to global case get a perfect score on your essay, you’ll need to include a clear statement of my family essay for kg, your position on the issue or what points you’ll be analyzing in regards to the argument in global health studies, the prompt.

All of the perfect-scoring GRE essay examples analyzed in this article contained specific and relevant support for the claims made by the authors. In the Issue essay examples, the authors drew upon well-defined examples and concise examples that directly supported the author’s position on structure of master the issue. In the Argument essay samples, the authors focused in on several specific parts of the arguments and debated their validity using specific hypothetical scenarios and questions. The takeaway of this for your own writing is that the specific is global health case studies always more persuasive than the general when it comes to pacthesis sim dates supporting a point. And if you can’t find specific support for your position or for the flaw you’ve found in an argument, then that’s a good sign that you need to consider changing your position or finding another part of the argument to critique. If you can’t support your thesis with specific examples, you might need to find a new thesis. As I discussed in global health, my analyses of the structure of master s thesis four GRE Writing samples, whether or not your writing is global polished and perfectly worded and spelled is of master s thesis not nearly as important as your successful communication of your ideas and how they are supported . In the global GRE essay, all is precision, and analyses of issues that use clearly-explained compelling examples or analyses of arguments that cut to the very heart of why an deviantart argument is flawed with supporting explanations will ultimately score higher than beautifully crafted but logically imprecise essays. All of the authors of the GRE essay examples analyzed in this article are able to health case studies maintain focus and organization in their essays by employing multi-level transitions that link ideas between and structure of master s thesis, within paragraphs on both content and linguistic levels. In your own writing, be conscious of when you are changing from discussing one idea to another and make sure the transition is smooth. Even just adding transition words like “additionally” or “in contrast” to the beginning of new ideas can help your writing flow better.

While all of the GRE essay examples used in this article were written in response to different prompts, they all adhered to basically the global case standard five-paragraph , introduction-body paragraphs-conclusion format. There’s no reason to take extra time away from multiple multimedia your analysis of the questions to figure out a unique organizational structure for each essay when the five paragraph essay will get it done just as well (if not better). This is global health not because other forms are not possible; as the ETS website says, “You are free to organize and develop your response in any way you think will enable you to effectively communicate your ideas about the issue.” But the utility of the how do five paragraph form is that it’s a tried-and-true way to keep your essay organized . Global! Using it will save you the of master time of having to figure out a new organizational strategy for every essay you write. And the more consistently you stick to a simple (but clear) organizational structure, the faster you’ll get at it, until organizing your thoughts logically comes as second-nature (especially important in health, a timed essay environment when every second counts). Now you know what it takes to get a perfect essay score. But do you actually need to get a perfect 6.0 on GRE Writing? Find out with our discussion of what features essay, what a good GRE Writing score is. Curious about how the criteria mentioned in this article translate into numerical scores?

Read our article on how the GRE essay is scored to learn more! Ready to dive into practice essays with some practice topics? Use our guide to the 328 official GRE essay topics to get started. Ready to improve your GRE score by 7 points? We've written a guide about the top 5 strategies you must be using to have a shot at improving your score. Download it for free now: Laura graduated magna cum laude from health case Wellesley College with a BA in Music and Psychology, and earned a Master's degree in Composition from the of master s thesis Longy School of Music of Bard College. She scored 99 percentile scores on the SAT and GRE and loves advising students on how to health studies excel and fulfill their college and grad school dreams. View all posts by Laura Staffaroni. Subscribe and get FREE tips to a poem in an crush the GRE! Join our Facebook GRE Study Group.

Our Top 10 Most Viewed GRE Posts Ever. Grad School (28) GRE Analytical Writing (7) GRE General Info (44) GRE Logistics (26) GRE Prep (33) GRE Quantitative (12) GRE Subject Tests (1) GRE Verbal (14) TOEFL (15) © PrepScholar 2013-2017. Global Studies! All rights reserved. GRE ® and TOEFL ® are registered trademarks of the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The ETS does not endorse, nor is my family essay it affiliated in case studies, any way with the owner or any content of this site. GMAT ® is what essay a registered trademark of the global health case Graduate Management Admission Council ® (GMAC ® ). The GMAC does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site. Like what you're seeing?

Subscribe for prosecutor the latest to help you CRUSH the GRE! We respect your privacy and take protecting it very seriously.

Best Essay Writers Here -
Millions Saved: Case Studies in Global Health Third Edition | Center

10 Simple Steps to global studies, Writing a Powerful Candidate Profile. Essay For Kg! However, often it’s not that “ they ” didn’t quite meet the global brief at all. In fact sometimes your client may not have even looked at the candidates’ CV. Believe it or not your client will frequently make a ‘first round’ judgment call based solely on the information included in your candidate profile, recruiter’s summary, or consultant overview. So if your candidate profile doesn’t truly ‘sell’ your candidate in terms of his or her strengths, relevant attributes and suitability for the role in question, your client may well move straight on. A well-crafted candidate profile will be engaging, snappy, and highlight exactly why you have chosen to include the candidate as part of your shortlist. Rest assured there’s no need for a Lord of the Rings trilogy. But given that all your candidates are different, no two candidate profiles should ever be the same.

Here’s what you should always include: 1. Your overall impression from the candidate interview. What made this particular candidate stand out? How did they present themselves? How did they communicate? Why exactly are you putting them forward for the role?

Antony came across as an extremely competent and professional candidate with a wealth of experience in B2B sales. How Do In An! He was well presented and was able to articulate his career highlights succinctly during his interview. He is clearly passionate about sales and also has a great sense of humour, which when combined with his high level of commercial acumen has no doubt contributed to his successes to date. 2. Global! Suitability to of master s thesis, key selection criteria. Looking at the 3 or 4 most important key selection criteria (perhaps relating back to the performance profile), what makes this particular candidate perfect for global, the role? Antony is clearly comfortable cold calling as well as sitting opposite multimedia key decision makers.

In his current role he has also been instrumental in writing and global case studies winning tenders. Based on prosecutor essay, his responses during our discussion, he runs a very effective consultative sales process. 3. Career highlights and achievements. Based on the career achievements your candidate would have talked about during the interview, if there are any specific highlights which would resonate with your client, include them here. We discussed his key career achievements and he listed these as being his top three: Winning the ABC account after persisting and chipping away at them for nearly 10 months. Antony wrote the tender document and ultimately led the winning sales presentation; Being recognised as Sales Person of the Quarter for the last three consecutive quarters; and Being asked to write and run the sales training curriculum for all new sales executives. 4. Relevant skills and/or qualifications. Not every role requires formal qualifications or the global need to include academic transcripts. However you should always include a high level summary of relevant skills. Antony has spent the last 8 years in sales, both at the coalface and pacthesis deviantart sim dates more recently also leading a sales team of 3. Global Health Studies! If you are able to speak to at least one previous employer before presenting a candidate as part of the essay shortlist, it can help make your profile even more powerful.

That way, your thoughts and comments are reinforced by those made by health studies someone who has actually managed the candidate in the past. He is still employed in how do in an essay, his current role, but I have been able to speak to one of his referees who had been sorry to lose Antony from his team 3 years ago. His former manager described Antony as “ a true salesman with an ability to win over even the toughest prospects. He’s hungry, tenacious, and super driven … and will easily surpass his targets without even a hint of arrogance ”. Health! It’s best to put this information on the table from the outset. That way you won’t be wasting anybody’s time. Not yours; not your client’s; and boxes thesis not your candidate#8217;s. Antony is currently on a base salary of $X with a strong uncapped incentive structure in place. In the last financial year he earned $XX and would expect to at least match this in his next role. He is also currently given a car allowance. For whatever reason, with some employers availability can be a make or break. So as with salary, it’s best to be clear and address it up front.

Antony is due to studies, be paid a decent quarterly bonus in for kg, mid-July. His preference is naturally to global health case studies, wait for this commission before resigning. Prosecutor Essay! He is studies then only required to give 2 weeks’ notice so would be available to start from August 1st. Hopefully this is structure of master s thesis pretty self-explanatory. Something along the lines of global health, … Out of all the what features of expository essay candidates I screened and interviewed as part of my selection process, Antony is by far the strongest and case studies most suitable for the role.

He is also looking at one other opportunity through his own channels so I highly recommend we confirm an interview for him as soon as possible. 9. Pro Tip #1: Get the candidate to complete as much of the profile for you as possible. Naturally the overall impression and general recommendation needs to be written and s thesis tailored by you, as well as any referee feedback you’re able to obtain. However if you’ve interviewed a great candidate and case they are genuinely keen on the role, there’s no reason why you can’t give them ‘homework’ to complete some of the other sections themselves. Of Master! Just ask them to write it in the third person to make your job even easier! 10. Case Studies! Pro Tip #2: Sometimes you might just want to pick up the phone.

Whilst I wrote this post to help you write more engaging candidate profiles, often the best way to ensure you get your candidate in essay, front of your client is to case studies, call your client and sell the structure rockstar candidate in global health case, over the phone. In addition to sim dates, the words you might choose to include in global studies, a written profile, remember that the enthusiasm and features of expository conviction in your voice can be incredibly powerful too. Who knows … you might not even need to global studies, write a profile at all! Cofounder at RecruitLoop. I've been a hands on recruiter, manager, trainer, coach, mentor, and regular speaker for the recruitment industry for nearly 25 years.

Follow me @paul_slezak. Great article, I completely agree with the information provided in your post.These days recruiting agencies are great help to achieve your dream job all because they are aware of the trend present in deviantart sim dates, the market and case studies what all needs to multiple boxes, be updated in the profile of a candidate.Know few more benefits of Recruiting agency : http://www.recruitingblogs.com/profiles/blogs/6-reasons-why-it-recruitment-agencies-are-beneficial. Studies! WIth this tips it will be pretty easy to structure, write a profile. Thanks for this nice article! Today almost all companies have great blogs like this to promote themselves in web and global case studies help people find what they need. There#8217;s another blog about HR that contain interesting helpful articles. I really like the tips.

This is really helpful in understanding what qualities companies are looking for in the candidates. Good stuff! At Qualigence International, we wrote up a similar blog on how to guide hiring decisions with candidate personas: http://bit.ly/2eq5CSj. Recap: In-house Recruitment LIVE! London 2017. In this post I wanted to share a few of my learnings from some of the sessions I attended at In-House Recruitment LIVE! 2017 in London. How to prosecutor, Really Add Value as an In-House Recruiter.

I wanted to share the case highlights of my presentation at the in-house recruiter LIVE! 2017 event in London – How to Really Add Value as an In-House Recruiter. How to Decode a Resume [Infographic] Given that the bulk of resume tips out there lie in favour of job seekers, this interesting infographic from our friends at EBI contains some great tips for all those employers and business owners out there on how to decode a resume.

Best Essay Writers Here -
Global health research case studies: lessons from partnerships

code essay hammurabi FRONTLINE reports from Iraq on the miscalculations and mistakes behind the case studies brutal rise of ISIS. ISIS#039; growing foothold in Afghanistan is captured on film. Get Our Newsletter. In the 14th Century BC, the Hittite Code also prescribed the death penalty. The 7th Century BC Draconian Code of Athens made death the penalty for every crime committed. In the 5th Century BC, the Roman Law of the pacthesis deviantart sim dates Twelve Tablets codified the death penalty.

Again, the death penalty was different for nobility, freemen and slaves and was punishment for crimes such as the publication of health studies libels and insulting songs, the cutting or grazing of crops planted by a farmer, the burning [of] a house or a stack of sim dates corn near a house, cheating by a patron of his client, perjury, making disturbances at night in case the city, willful murder of a freeman or a parent, or theft by a slave. Death was often cruel and included crucifixion, drowning at sea, burial alive, beating to death, and multiple multimedia boxes thesis impalement (often used by Nero). Global Case! The Romans had a curious punishment for how do in an, parricides (murder of a parent): the condemned was submersed in water in global health case studies a sack, which also contained a dog, a rooster, a viper and an ape. [1] The most notorious death execution in BC was about 399 BC when the essay Greek philosopher Socrates was required to drink poison for heresy and corruption of global case youth. [2] Mosaic Law codified many capital crimes. In fact, there is essay evidence that Jews used many different techniques including stoning, hanging, beheading, crucifixion (copied from the Romans), throwing the criminal from global health case, a rock, and sawing asunder. The most infamous execution of history occurred approximately 29 AD with the crucifixion of Jesus Christ outside Jerusalem. About 300 years later, the what are the features of expository essay Emperor Constantine, after converting to Christianity, abolished crucifixion and other cruel death penalties in the Roman Empire. In 438, the Code of Theodosius made more than 80 crimes punishable by death. [3] Britain influenced the colonies more than any other country and has a long history of punishment by death.

About 450 BC, the death penalty was often enforced by studies, throwing the condemned into a quagmire. By the how do essay 10th Century, hanging from gallows was the most frequent execution method. William the Conqueror opposed taking life except in war, and global case studies ordered no person to of master s thesis be hanged or executed for any offense. However, he allowed criminals to be mutilated for their crimes. During the middle ages, capital punishment was accompanied by torture. Most barons had a drowning pit as well as gallows and they were used for major as well as minor crimes.

For example, in 1279, two hundred and eighty nine Jews were hanged for clipping coin. Under Edward I, two gatekeepers were killed because the city gate had not been closed in time to prevent the escape of an accused murderer. Burning was the punishment for women's high treason and global health case studies men were hanged, drawn and quartered. Beheading was generally accepted for the upper classes. One could be burned for marrying a Jew.

Pressing became the penalty for those who would not confess to structure s thesis their crimes. The executioner placed heavy weights on the victim's chest. On the first day he gave the victim a small quantity of bread, on global case studies, the second day a small drink of bad water, and prosecutor so on until he confessed or died. Under the reign of Henry VIII, the global case numbers of those put to death are estimated as high as 72,000. Boiling to of master s thesis death was another penalty approved in 1531, and there are records to show some people boiled for global, up to two hours before death took them. When a woman was burned, the executioner tied a rope around her neck when she was tied to the stake. When the flames reached her she could be strangled from outside the ring of structure of master s thesis fire. However, this often failed and many were literally burnt alive. [4] In Britain, the number of capital offenses continually increased until the 1700's when two hundred and health case twenty-two crimes were punishable by death. These included stealing from a house in the amount of multimedia forty shillings, stealing from a shop the value of five shillings, robbing a rabbit warren, cutting down a tree, and counterfeiting tax stamps. However, juries tended not to convict when the penalty was great and the crime was not.

Reforms began to take place. In 1823, five laws passed, exempting about a hundred crimes from the death [penalty]. Between 1832 and 1837, many capital offenses were swept away. In 1840, there was a failed attempt to abolish all capital punishment. Through the global health nineteenth and twentieth centuries, more and more capital punishments were abolished, not only in multimedia Britain, but also all across Europe, until today only a few European countries retain the death penalty. [5]

The first recorded execution in the English American colonies was in 1608 when officials executed George Kendall of Virginia for supposedly plotting to betray the global health British to the Spanish. S Thesis! In 1612, Virginia's governor, Sir Thomas Dale, implemented the Divine, Moral, and global health case studies Martial Laws that made death the penalty for multiple multimedia boxes, even minor offenses such as stealing grapes, killing chickens, killing dogs or horses without permission, or trading with Indians. Seven years later these laws were softened because Virginia feared that no one would settle there. [6] In 1622, the first legal execution of a criminal, Daniel Frank, occurred in Virginia for health case, the crime of theft. [7] Some colonies were very strict in their use of the death penalty, while others were less so. Pacthesis Deviantart Sim Dates! In Massachusetts Bay Colony the first execution was in health studies 1630, but the essay earliest capital statutes do not occur until later.

Under the Capital Laws of New-England that went into effect between 1636-1647 the death penalty was meted out for pre-meditated murder, sodomy, witchcraft, adultery, idolatry, blasphemy, assault in anger, rape, statutory rape, manstealing, perjury in a capital trial, rebellion, manslaughter, poisoning and bestiality. Early laws were accompanied by a scripture from the Old Testament. By 1780, the Commonwealth of global health case Massachusetts only you cite a poem in an essay recognized seven capital crimes: murder, sodomy, burglary, buggery, arson, rape, and treason. [8] The New York colony instituted the so-called Duke's Laws of 1665. This directed the death penalty for denial of the true God, pre-meditated murder, killing someone who had no weapon of defense, killing by lying in wait or by poisoning, sodomy, buggery, kidnapping, perjury in a capital trial, traitorous denial of the king's rights or raising arms to resist his authority, conspiracy to invade towns or forts in the colony and case striking one's mother or father (upon complaint of pacthesis both). The two colonies that were more lenient concerning capital punishment were South Jersey and Pennsylvania.

In South Jersey there was no death penalty for any crime and there were only two crimes, murder and treason, punishable by death. [9] However under the global case direction of the Crown, harsher penal codes were execution there until 1691 [sic]. In Pennsylvania, William Penn's Great Act (1682) made passed in the colonies [sic]. By 1776, most of the colonies had roughly comparable death statutes which covered arson, piracy, treason, murder, sodomy, burglary, robbery, rape, horse-stealing, slave rebellion, and often counterfeiting. What Are The Features! Hanging was the usual sentence.

Rhode Island was probably the studies only colony which decreased the number of a poem capital crimes in the late 1700's. Some states were more severe. For example, by health case, 1837, North Carolina required death for structure of master s thesis, the crimes of murder, rape, statutory rape, slave-stealing, stealing bank notes, highway robbery, burglary, arson, castration, buggery, sodomy, bestiality, dueling where death occurs, hiding a slave with intent to free him, taking a free Negro out of state to global health case sell him, bigamy, inciting slaves to rebel, circulating seditious literature among slaves, accessory to murder, robbery, burglary, arson, or mayhem and others. However, North Carolina did not have a state penitentiary and, many said, no suitable alternative to a poem in an capital punishment. [10] The first reforms of the death penalty occurred between 1776-1800.

Thomas Jefferson and four others, authorized to undertake a complete revision of Virginia's laws, proposed a law that recommended the death penalty for only treason and murder. After a stormy debate the legislature defeated the bill by global studies, one vote. Deviantart Sim Dates! The writing of European theorists such as Montesquieu, Voltaire, and Bentham had a great effect on case, American intellectuals, as did English Quaker prison reformers John Bellers and essay John Howard. [11] On Crimes and Punishment, published in English in 1767 by the Italian jurist Cesare Beccaria, whose exposition on abolishing capital punishment was the most influential of the time, had an especially strong impact. He theorized that there was no justification for global case, the taking of life by the state. He said that the death penalty was a war of thesis a whole nation against a citizen, whose destruction they consider as necessary, or useful to the general good.

He asked the question what if it can be shown not to global case be necessary or useful? His essay conceded that the only time a death was necessary was when only one's death could insure the security of a nation -- which would be rare and only in cases of absolute anarchy or when a nation was on the verge of losing its liberty. He said that the history of using punishment by my family for kg, death (e.g., the Romans, 20 years of Czaress Elizabeth) had not prevented determined men from injuring society and that death was only a momentary spectacle, and therefore a less efficacious method of deterring others, than the continued example of a man deprived of his liberty. [12] Organizations were formed in different colonies for the abolition of the global health case death penalty and to relieve poor prison conditions. Dr.

Benjamin Rush, a renowned Philadelphia citizen, proposed the complete abolition of capital punishment. William Bradford, Attorney General of Pennsylvania, was ordered to investigate capital punishment. In 1793 he published An Enquiry How Far the Punishment of Death is Necessary in Pennsylvania . He strongly insisted that the multimedia boxes death penalty be retained, but admitted it was useless in preventing certain crimes. In fact, he said the death penalty made convictions harder to obtain, because in Pennsylvania, and indeed in all states, the death penalty was mandatory and juries would often not return a guilty verdict because of global this fact. In response, in 1794, the Pennsylvania legislature abolished capital punishment for all crimes except murder in the first degree, the first time murder had been broken down into for kg degrees. In New York, in 1796, the legislature authorized construction of the state's first penitentiary, abolished whipping, and reduced the number of capital offenses from health case, thirteen to two. How Do You Cite A Poem In An! Virginia and global health Kentucky passed similar reform bills. Four more states reduced its capital crimes: Vermont in 1797, to three; Maryland in 1810, to four; New Hampshire in sim dates 1812, to two and Ohio in global case 1815, to two. Each of these states built state penitentiaries. What Are The Features Of Expository Essay! A few states went the opposite direction. Rhode Island restored the death penalty for rape and arson; Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Connecticut raised death crimes from six to ten, including sodomy, maiming, robbery, and forgery.

Many southern states made more crimes capital, especially for slaves. [13] The first great reform era occurred between 1833-1853. Public executions were attacked as cruel. Sometimes tens of thousands of eager viewers would show up to view hangings; local merchants would sell souvenirs and alcohol. Fighting and pushing would often break out as people jockeyed for the best view of the hanging or the corpse!

Onlookers often cursed the case studies widow or the victim and would try to tear down the scaffold or the rope for what are the features, keepsakes. Violence and drunkenness often ruled towns far into the night after justice had been served. Global Health Case! Many states enacted laws providing private hangings. Rhode Island (1833), Pennsylvania (1834), New York (1835), Massachusetts (1835), and prosecutor New Jersey (1835) all abolished public hangings. By 1849, fifteen states were holding private hangings. This move was opposed by many death penalty abolitionists who thought public executions would eventually cause people to cry out against execution itself. For example, in 1835, Maine enacted what was in effect a moratorium on studies, capital punishment after over ten thousand people who watched a hanging had to be restrained by police after they became unruly and began fighting. All felons sentenced to death would have to remain in prison at hard labor and my family could not be executed until one year had elapsed and then only on case studies, the governor's order.

No governor ordered an boxes, execution under the Maine Law for twenty-seven years. Though many states argued the merits of the death penalty, no state went as far as Maine. The most influential reformers were the clergy. Global Health Studies! Ironically, the small but powerful group which opposed the abolitionists were also clergy. They were, almost to a person, members of the Calvinist clergy, especially the Congregationalists and Presbyterians who could be called the religious establishment of the what are the of expository time. They were led by George Cheever. Global Case! [14] Finally, in 1846, Michigan became the first state to abolish the death penalty (except for treason against the state), mostly because it had no long tradition of capital punishment (there had been no hanging since 1830, before statehood) and because frontier Michigan had few established religious groups to oppose it as was the case in the east.

In 1852, Rhode Island abolished the prosecutor death penalty led by Unitarians, Universalists, and especially Quakers. In the health studies same year, Massachusetts limited its death penalty to first-degree murder. In 1853, Wisconsin abolished the prosecutor essay death penalty after a gruesome execution in which the victim struggled for five minutes at the end of the rope, and a full eighteen minutes passed before his heart finally quit. [15] During the global health studies last half of the century the death penalty abolition movement ground to a half, with many members moving into structure of master the slavery abolition movement. At the same time, states began to pass laws against mandatory death sentences. Legislators in eighteen states shifted from mandatory to discretionary capital punishment by 1895, not to global health case studies save lives, but to deviantart try to increase convictions and executions of murderers. Still, abolitionists gained a few victories. Maine abolished the health case death penalty, restored it, and then abolished it again between 1876-1887. Iowa abolished the death penalty for six years.

Kansas passed a Maine Law in 1872 which operated as de facto abolition. S Thesis! [16] Electrocution as a method of execution came onto the scene in an unlikely manner. Edison Company with its DC (direct current) electrical systems began attacking Westinghouse Company and its AC (alternating current) electrical systems as they were pressing for nationwide electrification with alternating current. Global Studies! To show how dangerous AC could be, Edison Company began public demonstrations by electrocuting animals. For Kg! People reasoned that if electricity could kill animals, it could kill people. Global Health! In 1888, New York approved the dismantling of structure of master s thesis its gallows and the building of the health case nation's first electric chair. Essay! It held its first victim, William Kemmler, in global health 1890, and even though the first electrocution was clumsy at pacthesis deviantart sim dates, best, other states soon followed the lead. [17]

The Second Great Reform era was 1895-1917. In 1897, U.S. Congress passed a bill reducing the global health studies number of federal death crimes. In 1907, Kansas took the deviantart Maine Law a step further and abolished all death penalties. Between 1911 and 1917, eight more states abolished capital punishment (Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Arizona, Missouri and Tennessee -- the latter in all cases but rape). Votes in other states came close to ending the death penalty.

However, between 1917 and global case studies 1955, the death penalty abolition movement again slowed. Washington, Arizona, and Oregon in 1919-20 reinstated the death penalty. In 1924, the first execution by sim dates, cyanide gas took place in health studies Nevada, when Tong war gang murderer Gee Jon became its first victim. The state wanted to of master s thesis secretly pump cyanide gas into global case studies Jon's cell at night while he was asleep as a more humanitarian way of carrying out the penalty, but, technical difficulties prohibited this and a special gas chamber was hastily built. Other concerns developed when less civilized methods of execution failed.

In 1930, Mrs. Eva Dugan became the first female to essay be executed by Arizona. Global! The execution was botched when the hangman misjudged the drop and Mrs. Dugan's head was ripped from her body. More states converted to electric chairs and gas chambers. You Cite Essay! During this period of time, abolitionist organizations sprang up all across the country, but they had little effect.

There were a number of stormy protests against the execution of certain convicted felons (e.g., Julius and Ethel Rosenberg), but little opposition against the death penalty itself. In fact, during the anti-Communist period with all its fears and hysteria, Texas Governor Allan Shivers seriously suggested that capital punishment be the global studies penalty for membership in the Communist Party. [18] The movement against capital punishment revived again between 1955 and 1972. England and Canada completed exhaustive studies which were largely critical of the you cite death penalty and these were widely circulated in the U.S. Death row criminals gave their own moving accounts of capital punishment in books and film. Global Studies! Convicted kidnapper Caryl Chessman published Cell 2455 Death Row and Trial by Ordeal . Barbara Graham's story was utilized in book and film with I Want to what of expository Live! after her execution. Television shows were broadcast on the death penalty. Hawaii and Alaska ended capital punishment in 1957, and Delaware did so the next year. Controversy over case, the death penalty gripped the nation, forcing politicians to you cite a poem in an essay take sides. Delaware restored the death penalty in 1961. Michigan abolished capital punishment for treason in 1963.

Voters in 1964 abolished the death penalty in Oregon. Studies! In 1965 Iowa, New York, West Virginia, and Vermont ended the death penalty. New Mexico abolished the death penalty in 1969. [19] Trying to end capital punishment state-by-state was difficult at best, so death penalty abolitionists turned much of their efforts to the courts. How Do A Poem Essay! They finally succeeded on June 29, 1972 in the case Furman v. Georgia . In nine separate opinions, but with a majority of 5-4, the health studies U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the way capital punishment laws were written, including discriminatory sentencing guidelines, capital punishment was cruel and thesis unusual and violated the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments. This effectively ended capital punishment in global health case the United States.

Advocates of pacthesis capital punishment began proposing new capital statutes which they believed would end discrimination in health capital sentencing, therefore satisfying a majority of the Court. By early 1975, thirty states had again passed death penalty laws and nearly two hundred prisoners were on death row. Pacthesis Sim Dates! In Gregg v. Georgia (1976), the Supreme Court upheld Georgia's newly passed death penalty and global studies said that the death penalty was not always cruel and unusual punishment. Death row executions could again begin. Multiple Boxes! Another form of execution was soon found. Oklahoma passed the first death by lethal injection law, based on economics as much as humanitarian reasons. The old electric chair that had not been used in eleven years would require expensive repairs.

Estimates of over $200,000 were given to build a gas chamber, while lethal injection would cost no more than ten to global studies fifteen dollars per event. [20] The controversy over the death penalty continues today. There is a strong movement against structure, lawlessness propelled by citizens' fears for their security. Studies! Politicians at what of expository essay, the national and state levels are taking the floor of global health case studies legislatures and calling for more frequent death penalties, death penalties penalty [sic] for more crimes, and longer prison sentences. Those opposing these moves counter by arguing that tougher sentences do not slow crime and that crime is little or no worse than in the past. In fact, FBI statistics show murders are now up. Structure Of Master S Thesis! (For example 9.3 persons per global 100,000 population were murdered in 1973 and 9.4 persons per 100,000 were murdered in 1992). The battle lines are still drawn and the combat will probably always be fought. [21]

A number of important capital punishment decisions have been made by the Supreme Court. The following is are the features a list of the more important ones along with their legal citations: Wilkerson v. Utah 99 U.S. 130 (1878) -- Court upheld execution by firing squad, but said that other types of torture such as drawing and quartering, embowelling alive, beheading, public dissection, and burring alive and global case studies all other in the same line of. cruelty, are forbidden. Weems v. Sim Dates! U.S. 217 U.S. 349 (1910) -- Court held that what constitutes cruel and unusual punishment had not been decided, but that it should not be confined to the forms of health case studies evil that framers of the Bill of prosecutor essay Rights had experienced. Global Studies! Therefore, cruel and unusual definitions are subject to changing interpretations.

Louisiana ex rel. Francis v. Resweber 329 U.S. 459 (1947) -- On May 3, 1946, convicted seventeen year old felon Willie Francis was placed in the electric chair and the switch was thrown. Due to faulty equipment, he survived (even though he was severely shocked), was removed from the chair and returned to his cell. A new death warrant was issued six days later. The Court ruled 5-4 that it was not cruel and unusual to finish carrying out the sentence since the state acted in good faith in the first attempt. The cruelty against which the Constitution protects a convicted man is essay cruelty inherent in the method of punishment, said the Court, not the necessary suffering involved in any method employed to extinguish life humanely. He was then executed.

Tropp v. Dulles 356 U.S. Global Health Case Studies! 86 (1958) -- The Court Ruled that punishment would be considered cruel and unusual if it was one of tormenting severity, cruel in its excessiveness or unusual in punishment must draw its meaning from the evolving standards of decency that mark the progress of a maturing society. Furman v. Georgia 408 U.S. 238 (1972) -- The Court looking at three cases struck down the death penalty in many states and multimedia boxes set up the standard that punishment would be considered cruel and unusual if any of the following were present: 1) it was too severe for global health, the crime; 2) it was arbitrary (some get the a poem in an punishment and others do not, without guidelines); 3) it offends society's sense of justice; 4) it was not more effective than a less severe penalty. Gregg v. Georgia 428 U.S. 153 (1976) -- [The] Court upheld Georgia's newly passed death penalty and said that the death penalty was not always cruel and unusual punishment. Tison v. Global Studies! Arizona 481 U.S. 137 (1987) -- [The] Court upheld Arizona's death penalty for major participation in a felony with reckless indifference to human life. Thompson v. Oklahoma 108 S. Ct. 2687 (1987) -- The Court considered the question of deviantart execution of minors under the age of 16 at the time of the murder.

The victim was the brother-in-law, who he accused of beating his sister. He and health case studies three others beat the victim, shot him twice, cut his throat, chest, and abdomen, chained him to my family a concrete block and threw the body into a river where it remained for four weeks. Each of the four participants were tried separately and all were sentenced to death. In a 5-3 decision, four Justices ruled that Thompson's death sentence was cruel and unusual. The fifth, O'Connor, concurred but noted that a state must set a minimum age and held out the possibility that if a state lowers, by statute, the minimum death penalty age below sixteen, she might support it.

She stated, Although, I believe that a national consensus forbidding the execution of any person for a crime committed before the studies age of 16 very likely does exist, I am reluctant to adopt this conclusion as a matter of constitutional law without better evidence that [sic] we now possess. States with no minimum age have rushed to specify a statute age. Penry v. Lynaugh 492 U.S. [sic] (1989) -- [The] Court held that persons considered retarded, but legally sane, could receive the are the features death penalty. It was not cruel and unusual punishment under the Eighth Amendment if jurors were given the opportunity to consider mitigating circumstances. In this case, the defendant had the mental age of case studies approximately a six-year old child. [1] John Laurence, A History of Capital Punishment (N.Y.: The Citadel Press, 1960), 1-3.

[2] Michael Kronenwetter, Capital Punishment: AReference Handbook (Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, Inc., 1993), 71. [4] Ibid., p.72; Laurence, op.cit., 4-9. [7] Hugo Adam Bedau, The Death Penalty in America (N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 1982). [9] Phillip English Mackey, Voices Against Death: American Opposition to Capital Punishment, 1787-1975 (N.Y.: Burt Franklin Co., Inc., 1976), xi-xii. [12] Cesare Beccaria, On Crimes and Punishment, trans.

Henry Paolucci (Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill, 1963). [13] Mackey, op. cit., xvi-xvii. [18) Ibid., xxxii-xxxiv, xli. [21] FBI Uniform Crime Report 1992 ; The Sentencing Project. web site copyright 1995-2014 WGBH educational foundation.

Write My Essays Today -
Global Health Case Studies from a Biosocial Perspective | edX

Homework Helper: Resources for All Students. Academic success stems from health case studies hard work and what are the, good study habits. Case Studies? Teachers and parents are prime resources for multimedia boxes ambitious students, but even the health studies most disciplined academics require outside help along the way - new and better ways of essay for kg uncovering answers and learning to think analytically. Student needs are not going to be the global same at all scholastic levels, so homework assistance zeros-in on the needs of specific age-groups. Laying the groundwork for how do you cite a poem essay college begins at an early age and global health case studies, consistent academic performance - even at the elementary school level - leads to higher education opportunities. Whether mastering multiplication tables or researching historical topics, students of all ages will seek guidance from properly vetted online resources. We have reviewed and compiled a list of online homework helpers, separating them below into appropriate age and subject matter groupings.

If you would like to skip down to the resources most applicable to my family you, simply use one of the following links: Know of a great resource we can add to our list? Please email us your suggestion for review. Getting Started - Primary School Homework Help. General/Multiple Subject resources.

The official U.S. Government portal for case studies children, Kids.gov answers children's' pressing questions about wide-ranging subjects. The site is divided into areas that address specific concerns for children, teens and adults. What Are The Features Of Expository Essay? Curricular areas like science, social studies, mathematics and history are explored and expounded in age appropriate ways, providing homework assistance for global case studies the kids who sign-in. Civic and social topics are also put under the multimedia boxes spot-light, helping kids with health and safety. Engaging tools allow elementary students to dig deeper, including a state-based learning tool, and a fun zone that keeps learning interesting. BBC Schools maintains resources for students, including games and study guides that address most subjects. Users designate age parameters, in order to access age-appropriate materials. Studies? Topics are divided into age ranges: 4-11, 11-16 and 16+.

Games like pinball help younger users, while worksheets and tutorials serve high-schoolers and beyond. Factmonster.com Homework Center tackles subjects like geography, history, math and science. My Family? Students browse almanacs, atlases and dictionaries for homework input. Time 4 Learning uses online games and learning activities to drive home basic concepts, before using the foundations to teach reading and health case studies, math skills. Discovery Education promotes learning with free educational resources for students of all ages. Infoplease Homework Center maintains educational resources for students, including math flashcards and periodic tables. Refdesk.com's Homework Helper tackles all elementary subjects, listing resources for primary and structure, secondary school students. B J Pinchbeck's Homework Helper provides free, online resources for elementary, middle and high school students. References are categorized in topical areas that include: Art, music, English, foreign language, science, social studies, and other core curricular content. Chatterbees Homework Help Center is designed in global health a user-friendly format that allows students to click on particular homework topics for assistance.

Funbrain.com distills core scholastic principles, paring them down with easy-to-play games that impart knowledge. Prosecutor Essay? Spell check and math arcade are on-site to provide homework support in global health these areas. Homework Spot maintains listings for homework help, ranging from simple web tools to deeper academic resources. Kids Click enables student searches by a poem in an category or spelling - and resources include images, sounds and video. Internet Public Library allows children and teens to click on myriad resources, opening learning portals that help in primary school areas like math and global health case studies, science. Brain Pop Jr. focuses on K-3 homework aids. Students clicking on subject-specific links open window to social studies, science and math help. Kahn Academy is a video-based resource with thousands of tutorials for browsing.

Ted-ed provides a video archive that allows students to browse by subject, to uncover short video lessons about selected topics. Children's Literature Web Guide points interested students toward age appropriate literature. Comments, reviews and author access help students find information. Common Errors in English Usage exposes incorrect word usage, punctuation and essay for kg, pronunciation considerations for common English words and phrases. National Spelling Bee promotes the essential building-block for written communication. Visitors need not be pursuing entry in the national contest to benefit from the helpful spelling resource. Math.com helps students complete math homework in areas like: Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Geometry.

Gamequarium lets kids learn math by playing individual, topical games that impart knowledge in areas like algebra, addition and money math. APlus Homework Helper provides calculator tools for simple arithmetic. Figure This provides learning aids like a math index and a study section with resources for students and educators. America's Library, maintained by the Library of global case studies Congress, illuminates important American historical figures and links their contributions to features of expository the success of the country. Exploring individual states is also facilitated, by health case an on-site tool that opens to prosecutor whichever state database is selected. Learn your states at 50states.com, where vital statistics and fun facts are broken down in ways that facilitate retention. Kids Health facilitates homework success with advice and strategies for primary school students.

ProQuest K-12 provides access to information for students who utilize the organization's 5 billion page archive. Sources include: Newspapers, periodicals, dissertations, scholarly publications, books, and global, image libraries. National Geographic Kids is packed with resources for learning science. Structure Of Master S Thesis? Games and other fun links drive natural knowledge home with age appropriate interactive learning tools. Teachers TryScience is an interactive resource that lets kids conduct learning experiments in math, earth sciences, and other technology-oriented areas. Science News for Kids is a compendium of science homework help, which explores topics like Earth sciences, health and technology. Chem4kids illuminates basic chemistry, from atoms to elements, reactions to properties of matter. You might want to health case return to Discovery Education, and essay for kg, view their page sciece-specific links.

Multnomah County Library, in Oregon, puts-forth a useful Homework Center, which lets student-users tap databases for articles related to their homework assignments. Education 4 Kids provides repetitive learning tools that use 'drilling' techniques to drive information home. 123 Teach Me conveys Spanish language learning through games, flashcards and other engaging activities designed for the younger foreign language student set. Academic Skill Builders uses arcade-style learning games to drive points home. Math, language and other subjects are handled lightly, but with an eye toward serious knowledge retention. Homework Help for Middle and health case, Junior High School Students. General/Multiple Subject resources.

Who You Gonna Call? - Resources with Phone Access to Helpers. Specifically for middle and grade school students, the Dial-a-Teacher resource put-forward by the United Federation of Teachers is a life-saver at my family essay homework time, for students with particular questions to health address. Homework Hotline is a free homework aid, sponsored by pacthesis sim dates corporate benefactors committed to educational success. Users call and ask specific questions about math, geography, science and other relevant curricular areas. Urgent Homework provides access to homework experts on short notice. BBC Schools maintains resources for students, including games and studies, study guides that address most subjects. Users designate age parameters, in order to s thesis access age-appropriate materials. Topics are divided into age ranges: 4-11, 11-16 and global health studies, 16+. Games like pinball help younger users, while worksheets and multiple thesis, tutorials serve high-schoolers and beyond. Discovery Education promotes learning with free educational resources for global case students of all ages. Refdesk.com's Homework Helper tackles all subjects, listing specific resources for prosecutor essay secondary school students.

B J Pinchbeck's Homework Helper provides free, online resources for elementary, middle and high school students. Health Case Studies? References are categorized in topical areas that include: Art, music, English, foreign language, science, social studies, and other core curricular content. Halton Web Connections links Canadian students, grades 9 and 10, with homework resources. Subjects are broken-down into prosecutor, sub-categories like chemistry, biology, civics, geography and history. Home Instruction Schools compiles search engine links, and global case studies, other homework help sites, so users needn't go far to secure all their homework answers. Kid Info breaks middle school classroom subjects down, into prosecutor essay, specific sub-categories, allowing student-users to health seek information efficiently. Vocabulary.com helps students at all levels of education, creating interest and features essay, expanding word knowledge - one dictionary entry at global health case studies a time. Learn That Word provides vocabulary and spelling help for students of prosecutor essay all ages. The service is a pay-per-result provider that charges users only for the resources they use.

Toledo Public Library maintains a list of links leading to resources for primary and secondary school students. Santa Cruz Public Library offers a helpful resource on proper bibliography notation. Bright Hub Education helps students with resources for global case completing English homework, including literature summaries and word origins. Foreignword.com is a dynamic language website that provides translations and prosecutor essay, other information about dozens of languages. Dictionary.com provides definitions and thesaurus entries for double-checking homework assignments. Math.com helps students complete math homework in areas like: Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Geometry. Newton Free Library maintains K-12 study resources, including strong history references covering American and world history.

Earth Observatory is a NASA resource that helps students understand issues like climate change, storms, and other earthly phenomenon. Ask a Scientist, sponsored by global health case the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI), supports homework efforts by pointing students to valuable scientific resources. Homework Resources for Secondary (High School) Students and Beyond. General/Multiple Subject resources. The US Central Intelligence Agency is pacthesis, a prime resource for case information about world affairs and economics. Pacthesis Deviantart? The CIA World Factbook includes references covering history, geography, economics, communications and case studies, other international concerns. Department of Defense Educational Activity places the focus on of master s thesis students who need help. Subject-specific links direct students to global health particular scholastic areas and general resources provide 'big-picture' support. Virginia Tech Student Affairs maintains a Q and A resource that helps students explore their individual homework habits.

Participants enhance study skills by identifying personal shortcomings. HippoCampus.org allows users to create free accounts, which open access to video tutorials and other learning aids. Homework Hotline helps Indiana students with specific homework questions. Country Studies create an international impact for how do you cite in an essay high school students who tap this Library of Congress resource for health case global information. Boston Public Library's Out-of-school Time provides educational resources, including homework help for local K-12 students, who are matched with mentors. Hallway is how do in an, a student resource founded by high school minds.

The homework networking organization links students with the answers they need. Cramster.com offers benefits like: Textbook solutions, expert advice, and case, access to study groups and partners. Big Future by The College Board helps students maximize retention and maintain good study habits. How Do You Cite? The site offers essential strategies, as well as individual lessons on particular topics. BBC Schools maintains resources for students, including games and study guides that address most subjects. Users designate age parameters, in order to access age-appropriate materials. Health Case Studies? Topics are divided into age ranges: 4-11, 11-16 and 16+.

Games like pinball help younger users, while worksheets and tutorials serve high-schoolers and beyond. Discovery Education promotes learning with free educational resources for students of all ages. B J Pinchbeck's Homework Helper provides free, online resources for elementary, middle and essay, high school students. References are categorized in topical areas that include: Art, music, English, foreign language, science, social studies, and other core curricular content. Duke University breaks down writing styles like APA, MLA and others. The resource helps students notate properly and avoid using other writers' content. Poetry Class is global health case, a UK-based resource for poetry and literature learning.

Teachers and what are the of expository, students utilize recommended websites and support from health case studies The Poetry Society. Purdue OWL - Online Writing Lab is a university resource aimed at English and writing proficiency. A grammar blog and question/answer feature illuminate homework help. This is a very well manicured and maintained resource, popular in many college settings. If you have a question about proper formatting or English grammar rules, Purdue's OWL makes a smart place to find your answers. Glossary of Literary Terms provides homework help for students unclear about terms used to describe and structure of master s thesis, evaluate writing samples. Scholarly writing follows strict guidelines, so EasyBib outlines documentation protocol for homework papers. Various styles are explored, and a helpful tool creates bibliography entries for you.

English Banana provides free online books for students to download and use for homework projects. Free Book Notes offers a collection of health case studies Cliff notes and other summary resources for high school literature students and pacthesis deviantart, others seeking broad-view literary analysis. Illuminations, hosted by NCTM, links users to global case studies mathematics resources under categories like geometry, measurement and probability. Mathwire.com maintains educational standards for every level of education, providing resources for students and teachers. S.O.S. Mathematics tackles trigonometry, calculus, differential equations and multimedia boxes, a host of health case additional math disciplines encountered by are the high school students. Algebra.help is a collection of worksheets and math resources, including dozens of individual lessons.

Problem solving skills are imparted using algebra equations. Phatmath.com matches math questions with the correct answers by health linking students to resources - and to each other, in chat rooms. WhoWhatWhen is a database for essay high school research, which allows users to search date-based timelines for important historical milestones. Historical Text Archive is a collection of articles, books and links for researchers nailing down past events. General Chemistry Online is maintained by a Chemistry professor, so the question and answer section - containing over 400 entries - answers your questions before you even ask. Mad Sci Network answers science inquiries with over 35,000 FAQ entries, and ongoing experimentation that illuminates high school science courses like biology, chemistry and global studies, physics. Planetary Fact Sheets are brought to you by NASA, so the you cite in an data contained is gathered firsthand. The solar system is studies, made clear by expanded units covering each individual planet, as well as other space phenomenon like asteroids and comets. Scientific American allows students to 'ask an expert', by utilizing the magazine's helpful online feature. Social Psychology Network answers questions and shares additional resources for high school social science coursework. Testing and exam preparation resources.

College-bound high-schoolers prepare for important testing assignments by practicing online. The SAT Free Practice option allows test-takers to pacthesis sim dates prepare at the source. High School Ace contains exam review guides, historical reference checkers, grammar rules and other homework help aimed at case studies high-schoolers. Art History Resources provides academic reference material for deviantart serious art students. Global Studies? Regions and time-periods provide search criteria that allow users to zero in on broad categories, or specific artists. Biographical Dictionary allows students to search databases for bio data about historical figures and multiple multimedia boxes thesis, people influencing current social events. The resource is maintained in a Wikipedia-esque format that allows users to post information. Share this Page with Your Web Visitors.

Sharing this page is as easy as 1-2-3: Copy one of the options below for inclusion into your site. Paste the code into case, your page. Your students will be able to click the image or text to arrive here and dig right in.