Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay of evidence of brain laterality in language

Essay of evidence of brain laterality in language

Oct/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Essay of evidence of brain laterality in language - 10 reasons why we

Write My Research Paper -

argument paper ideas You’ve spent quite a bit of time in your English classes writing argumentative essays, and you’ve even gotten pretty good at writing on the topics your instructor assigns. Essay Laterality? But when it comes to choosing your own argumentative essay topics, you draw a blank. It’s not that there aren’t any good topics to choose from, but you start over-thinking it, wondering if each topic is too cliche, overdone, or just not good enough. Chances are, all you need to do is relax and find a topic you’re passionate about beza master dan research and, of course, one that is debatable. Why Pick Debatable Argumentative Essay Topics? Photo by David Hume Kennedy via Gerald R. Ford Library. The name of the essay of brain essay says it all– argumentative . It would be a lot easier to primary writing, write an essay on of evidence laterality, something that people generally agree on, but that’s not really the aqa gcse geography coursework percentage point of an argumentative essay. It’s important to choose debatable argumentative essay topics because you need opposing points that you can counter with your own points. Of Brain Laterality In Language? The world isn’t black and white–there are a lot of gray areas, which is good because that means there are a lot of what letters and resumes topics you can choose from. I have listed 50 argumentative essay topics below, phrased as questions, to help get you started.

I’ve separated the topics into five categories–legal, moral, social, media and family–and included a helpful link for each topic. Feel free to use the topics for your own essay, or as inspiration to create your own original topic. 10 Legal Argumentative Essay Topics. Argumentative essay topics about legal matters are a popular choice. Of Brain Laterality? These types of topics can include laws that you would want to create, change or completely abolish. They can also discuss certain benefits or negative aspects of existing laws. Essay Term Effects Of Divorce? You don’t have to of evidence of brain laterality, get super technical with legal argumentative essays, but be sure to do your research on what the current laws about your chosen topic actually say. After all, you don’t want to 11 economics case study, suggest a changing a law that’s already been changed in laterality the way you want.

Should cigarettes and other tobacco products be outlawed? Should prostitution be legal? Do the benefits of network thesis 2010 medical marijuana justify its legality? Is the drinking age appropriate (should it be lower, higher, or stay the same)? Should nuclear weapons be outlawed worldwide? Should the United States put more restrictions on gun ownership and use? At what age should girls have access to of evidence, birth control without the consent of are cover letters and resumes their parents? Does outlawing controlled substances only of brain laterality in language create a larger black market?

Should corporations be granted personhood? In what situations, if any, does a woman have a right to writing paper, an abortion? 10 Moral Argumentative Essay Topics. Moral argumentative essay topics are some of the easiest to get carried away with. They can cover a variety of moral dilemmas, from animal testing to the death penalty. These topics tend to of evidence of brain laterality in language, be very debatable because everyone has different opinions–and justifications for those opinions–on what they think is right or wrong. If you’re talking about human or animal rights, and it’s something you’re very passionate about, it’s tempting to let your emotions take over.

While it’s good to be passionate in an argumentative essay, remember to keep your thoughts focused and organized. It’s definitely worth your time to cbse case study, create an outline so you don’t stray off topic. Photo by John Snape via flickr. Is animal testing necessary? Should consumers buy items from countries that endorse child labor? Do patients have a right to die via physician-assisted suicide? Should children’s beauty pageants be banned? Are nude photographs appropriate in of evidence in language museums that are open to the public? Should schools and businesses give more incentives for primary, people to essay in language, do volunteer work? Are atheists less moral than theists?

Does freedom of speech give people the right to use hate speech? Do people who commit heinous crimes deserve the death penalty? Do pre-employment drug tests infringe on personal privacy rights? 10 Social Argumentative Essay Topics. On Long Term Of Divorce? Social argumentative essay topics tend to essay of evidence of brain, overlap with legal and moral topics, but deal more about how individuals act within society and what kinds of pressures society puts on dan research, individuals or groups of people. This is a pretty broad category, so there are a lot of topics to choose from and essay of brain in language even more that you could create on your own.

If you get stuck on which topic to cbse case study, write about, consider something that personally affects you or someone close to you. This should make writing about that topic come more naturally. Just be sure to rely on essay of evidence laterality in language, facts and not on personal anecdotes, which are more appropriate to the narrative essay realm. Is there too much pressure on teenagers to go to college? At what age should citizens be allowed to vote in the United States? Should more rights be given to immigrants? Can heterosexual men and women truly be friends with no hopes or expectations of anything more? In what case(s) could it be considered fair for a company to not hire a candidate who smokes cigarettes?

Should the United States make English the official national language? Should women wear less revealing clothing in order to network thesis, curb men’s catcalling? Do prisoners deserve the right to vote? Should there be a legal curfew for minors? Can online dating replace meeting a person in real life?

10 Advertising and laterality Media Argumentative Essay Topics. Advertising and the media have become nearly inseparable from society as a whole. Essays written on these topics can include how media (television, news, movies, magazines, social media, etc.) affects society, and aqa gcse what should be allowed to be seen or heard through media and advertisements. Inspiration to of brain in language, create your own advertising or media argumentative essay topics isn’t hard to network security thesis, find. Just turn on a television and don’t change the channel when the commercials come on. Pay close attention to all things electronic, and you’ll be sure to find something debatable about what you see. Photo by Rod Allday via Wikimedia Commons. Should sex be allowed to be portrayed on of evidence in language, prime time television?

Where should networks draw the line for violence on television? Should news shows talk about celebrities? Do journalists have a duty to eliminate as much bias as possible? Is it acceptable for aqa gcse coursework, companies to advertise in schools? In what situations should advertisements for alcohol and tobacco products be allowed? Should warnings and side effects be made more clear in advertisements? Is print advertising obsolete? Do TV shows and of evidence of brain laterality in language movies have the responsibility of primary writing paper being more diverse? Are public service announcements effective? 10 Family Argumentative Essay Topics. Argumentative essay topics covering family life and values are abundant.

That’s because every family is different. Of Evidence Of Brain Laterality? Rules in families vary on a case-by-case basis, contrary to laws that govern a state or nation. Because each family is different, it’s hard to generalize in these types of writing essays. Essay Of Evidence Of Brain Laterality In Language? However, if you look into research on child development and psychology, marital psychology, and personal stories from parents and their children, you can get enough information to make an what letters argument for of evidence laterality in language, any of the topics below (or for a topic of your own). Photo by Eric Ward via Wikimedia Commons. Writing Paper? Final Thoughts on essay of evidence of brain in language, Choosing Argumentative Essay Topics. As you can see, there are a lot of debatable argumentative essay topics you can choose from (way more than are on this list). Geography Percentage? For more ideas, read 20 Persuasive Essay Topics to Help You Get Started. Once you’re ready to come up with a thesis, check out these Argumentative Thesis Statement Examples. Of Brain Laterality In Language? When you are picking your topic, keep in mind that it’s much easier to write about something that you already have interest in–even if you don’t know a whole lot about it. Researching the topic will allow you to geography coursework percentage, learn more about what fascinates you, and if you pick something you actually like , writing the essay will be more enjoyable.

If you’ve wrapped up your argument, but you think there may be a few holes in your logic, send your essay over to laterality in language, the Kibin editors. They’ll help give you the winning edge in whatever you’re debating. Psst. 98% of Kibin users report better grades! Get inspiration from over 500,000 example essays. About the Author.

Eden Meirow is a self-employed freelance writer with a passion for geography coursework percentage, English, history and education. You can find her on essay, Google+. Thank you for network thesis 2010, these! I appreciate that you divided the topics into type! Awesome! Glad you found what you were looking for. Essay Of Brain Laterality In Language? #128578;

Hello Naomi, what will be a good Hook for Argumentative essay about anti immigrants. Coursework Percentage? I want prove them wrong and show them posative side from immigrants, thanks for of evidence of brain, the help. Hi AbdulI#8217;m not sure *who you#8217;re proving wrong? However, if you are writing a pro-immigrant essay, I would suggest starting with an emotional hook. A hook that makes the story of beza coursework dan research immigration a HUMAN story is a compelling story. Thank you for the help and the quick feedback! Please give me an example. Of Evidence Of Brain Laterality? Is the hook on the title or on the body? Thanks. The hook is the first sentence of your intro paragraph. Hey, I have an arguementative assay due and I have NOOO idea what to do it on can u help?

Btw I#8217;m 14 so it needs to be school appropriate.? Hiya so I think the what letters important thing would be to choose a topic that you are actually interested in. At 14, and sorry if I#8217;m stereotyping you due to in language, your age, perhaps a good argument would be to discuss the effects of video games on young people. Here is what and resumes, a great resource to help you: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/effects-of-video-games-essay-sources/ I looked @ the ideas but I#8217;m still not sure. Of Evidence In Language? What would be a good resource for supporting the 11 economics study opinion that physician-assisted suicide is morally wrong? I#8217;m having a hard time choosing a new topic for my argumentative essay. I was writing on how smoking should be outlawed but my professor told me she couldn#8217;t help me on of evidence laterality, this and it was a hard topic to letters and resumes, argue about. Can you please help. Essay Laterality? It sounds like your teacher wants you to aqa gcse geography coursework percentage, get more specific than that topic (which, to essay of evidence laterality in language, be fair, is pretty broad).

A more specific version might be: In what case(s) could it be considered fair for a company to not hire a candidate who smokes cigarettes? Or you could argue that more cities should enact smoking bans which disallow smoking in our near public places (look at laws in California and Colorado for example). I need to write an argumentative research paper about 3000 words. Do you have any suggestions for essay on long term effects, a topic that I can find so much things to write about? I hope that one of the 50 above topics will get you thinking about essay laterality in language what you want to write about. My biggest piece of security thesis 2010 advice is definitely choose a topic that you care about, otherwise you are really going to struggle getting 3000 words down. Think about the topics that get you fired up during your regular day-to-day lifemaybe you can turn one of those topics into an argument. Speaking of 3k words, here#8217;s a good post on making an laterality essay longer (without adding useless fluff): https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-make-an-essay-longer/

I#8217;m sorry to hear that. Maybe you#8217;ll find this post to beza dan research, be helpful in in language your quest for the perfect topic: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/good-persuasive-essay-topics/ Same I have to network security thesis, do that. I need to write 3 essays and I 5 days to do it need HELP and I#8217;m 15. Hi Dysoneep that#8217;s a lot of essays in a short amount of time. You#8217;re going to want to stay organized.

Check out essay laterality in language, this post with 7 different outline templates that you could use: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/7-essay-outline-templates-get-essay-going/ Thank you for that it really helps me. You#8217;re welcome. Thanks for writing, reading! Hi, I was hoping to get some advice on an argumentative essay. My argument is broad and about Self-harm and Suicide, how can I find a specific direction to follow it I only have 2 days to write a 6 page essay. Of Evidence Laterality In Language? Do you have any tips or advice to essay on long term of divorce on children, help me specify my topic or where to even start? Can you please help? Hi i need to write 7-10 page argumentive essay and i don#8217;t have any idea can you help me what is it good to write about? contact me.I do help students write their essay. I will appreciate. sweet!

Thanks for the comment. Essay Of Brain Laterality In Language? Hi there. My name is Lisa. Do you need any help with your homework? I am available for help and beza I will be glad to help.

Contact me for non-plagiarized, well formatted researched work, and always on time. Thank you in advance. Essay Laterality In Language? I have to what and resumes, right a research essay that will end up over the course be a 7 to 8 page essay and I can not think of a topic it has to of evidence in language, be arguable#8230;. Have any idea what topic would be good? The 50 topics in aqa gcse this post should lead you to essay laterality in language, something good. The trick is to choose a topic that you are interested in so that you have a chance to possibly even *enjoy the process of researching and writing. Remember, an writing paper arguable topic means that you could conceivably argue both sides (or more than one side). Essay Of Evidence? This post covers writing an argumentative thesis statement and also has more topic ideas: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/thesis-statement-examples/ This is literally the same thing i#8217;m going thru for english 202. It has to end up being 7 to 8 pages and it has to be a argumentative research essay. Year 10 800 words essays and these wont make enough. Don#8217;t despair.

You can do it. Class? #128578; Hi Naomi. I am looking for of evidence laterality in language, help in formulating a thesis (a good argument) for a 3000 word research paper on class 11 economics, the following #8221; Discuss the social and cognitive consequences on bilingualism and multilingualism#8221; . Any assistance rendered would be greatly appreciated. Thank you #128578; A basic framework for your thesis statement will outline the of brain in language points that you want to defend throughout your paper. It may look something like this: The social and geography cognitive consequences of of evidence of brain laterality bilingualism and multilingualism include CONSEQUENCE 1, CONSEQUENCE 2, and CONSEQUENCE 3. Or maybe you want to take it a step further and argue that biilingual is socially and cognitively BENEFICIAL, so your framework would be: The social and cognitive benefits of beza coursework dan research bilingualism and essay laterality in language multilingualism are many and include BENEFIT 1, BENEFIT 2, and BENEFIT 3. Your first research goal would be to class 11 economics, uncover the consequences (or benefits) that you can defend with evidence , perhaps you want to discuss research related to multilingualism and aging and of evidence of brain in language how it 1) prevents cognitive decline 2) staves off Alzheimers and 3) something else you can find perhaps more social than cognitive here. Once you have the essay of divorce points you want to defend in place, you can refine your thesis statement so that it is has a more organic structure than the list framework I provided. Essay Of Evidence Of Brain? Thank you so much ! Of course!

Thanks for reading. #128578; Hi Naomi. I have started writing the beza master coursework paper. However, I am having difficulties with the organization of essay in language my paper. Is it possible that you can proof read what I have so far and aqa gcse geography coursework percentage give me tips on how to properly organize the essay? It would be greatly appreciated. It#8217;s fantastic that you understand the value of having someone proofread your essay. While I can#8217;t do this for you (not enough time in my schedule), you have come to essay in language, the right place. Our editors are available 24/7 to check your essay for organization, clarity, grammar and more. You can learn more about that service here: https://www.kibin.com/essay-editing-proofreading. I have to do 700-900 word essays a week and I loose my nerve a lot. but trust me, it can be worse#8230; Good luck on your writing though!I#8217;m sure you need it more than me#8230; i have to do a 10-15 page essay single spaced.

Pinterest tells me that if you want an essay to master coursework, seem longer, highlight all the essay of evidence of brain laterality in language periods, and change the paper font size from 12 to 14. I can promise you that most professors are on to this trick! If you go into an essay well-prepared, you should be able to hit your word count without resorting to tricks like this, which are often more time-consuming than doing a little extra writing in of evidence laterality in language the first place #128578; I am writing an essay term effects of divorce on children 1800 minimum word essay and for some topics there will be enough you just have to be well prepared. So true! If you#8217;re armed with plenty of sources and make a solid outline to plan your paper, it#8217;s much easier to reach your target word count #128578; Here are the basic steps you need to essay of brain laterality in language, take to class study, execute an argumentative essay: 1) pick your topicthis post is a good place to of evidence, start.

2) do your researchhttps://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/writing-a-research-paper/ 3) formulate a thesis statementhttps://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-a-thesis-statement/ 4) write an 11 economics study outlinehttps://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/argumentative-essay-outline/ 5) draft your paperhttps://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/essay-formatting-survival-guide/ 6) edit your paper https://www.kibin.com/essay-editing-proofreading. 7) turn it in and celebrate your accomplishment! three claims right. Yes, three claims is in language, a nice round number (in some cases you could do more or less, depending on the specific requirements and length of your paper). Hey, i Have to submit a 2000 word argumentative essay by tomorrow afternoon on inspiration vs infringement and so far I#8217;ve written only 200. Could you please tell me what all points i could include? Just saw this and it looks like #8220;tomorrow afternoon#8221; has arrived. I hope that you were able to come up with some good points. This makes me think of Walt Disney and how all of his characters came from previously dreamed up characters (from Grimm and others), and beza master dan research how later on (in the 90s) Disney led the charge in more restrictive copyright laws.

That would be one case study I would use for a topic like this. That is awesome to hear. Essay In Language? Thanks for your comment! thank you Naomi for this. hi Naomi, me and my partner have no idea on what are topic will be, based on our courses. I#8217;m studying entrepreneurship and she is studying computer science. it has been 2 months and primary writing yet we cannot come up with an idea on what will be our topic. please help us for we are desperate. we would be so thankful if you#8217;l help us a little bit. Essay Of Brain Laterality In Language? I#8217;m not quite sure what you are asking for. Are you trying to find a topic for geography coursework percentage, a research paper that is related to both computer science and entrepreneurship?

I hope so, because that is the question I#8217;m attempting to of evidence of brain laterality, answer here. What you choose will largely depend on where your interests are. You two would do well to sit down and are cover letters brainstorm a list of potential ideas and essay of evidence of brain in language then do some preliminary research to see if you can find information to support your project. For example, my initial brainstorm of topics might look like: -what role do robotics play in thesis 2010 business? -what softwares are essential for running a scalable startup? -will emerging technologies lead to essay of brain in language, a jobless economy? -will emerging technologies lead to a new type of job market? -should computer science students be required to take business classes (since most startups require both tech savvy and network security thesis 2010 business understanding)? Then I#8217;d do some initial research on my favorite two ideas to find out if any of them have enough material to support a full research paper. For example, I found this source http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5673619/?reload=true that could support my last topic idea (computer sci students taking biz classes). I think that you may be struggling a bit because #8220;computer science#8221; and #8220;entrepreneurship#8221; or both broad disciplines that cover a variety of of evidence of brain topics. You might find this post helpful for you to narrow down your idea: https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-narrow-a-topic/ this article is great and also helped me a lot for my project#8230;.but i am currently writing a novel and i need some pointers for beza master dan research, it#8230;..would you be able to essay laterality in language, help. The novel is a fan-fic on the original series Percy Jackson#8230; Congrats on starting the rewarding project of writing your own novel.

The best advice for writing a novel is just sitting down and writing it. You may be tempted to make up excuses such as not having enough time or not feeling like it#8217;s coming out as you want it to, but if you#8217;re serious about coursework this, you#8217;ll set those excuses aside and just write. Essay Laterality? Your first draft does not have to be perfect. In fact it won#8217;t be perfect. It will likely be a giant mess. So you need to be okay with that fact and and resumes just get through it.

Set a word count goal for every day, and every week. A final novel is about 70,000-100,000 words so keep that in mind! It#8217;s a marathon. Once you have a draft, you can go back and of evidence laterality in language revise it#8230; again and again until it#8217;s right. were recquired to do 1500 word essay and security thesis 2010 i didnt know what topic I can choose. But thank you for of evidence of brain, this, it gave me an idea. I#8217;m so glad you found it helpful! Thanks for reading. Naomi help me please? i#8217;am looking for the disadvantages of a physical store and found only minor things. i wanted to find a disadvantage that can put up a fight. Network Thesis? Do you mean the disadvantages of shopping at of evidence of brain in language a physical store or of cbse case owning one?

I assume you mean shopping at one, so here are a couple ideas off the essay of brain laterality in language top of my head: Unless you live nearby, you have to pay to travel there (gas, wear and aqa gcse geography coursework tear on your car). There is a higher risk that the essay of evidence laterality in language store will be out of the aqa gcse geography coursework item you need (or won#8217;t have the right size, type, flavor, etc.) due to limited inventory. Prices may be higher due to overhead costs (rent, utilities, etc.) compared to online-only establishments. thank you Erin. this is such a big help. Happy to help! Thanks for essay of evidence, reading #128578; I think any of the beza dan research topics listed here could be pretty amazing #8212; just make sure you back up your ideas with solid reasons. Happy writing (and impressing)! Hi, help here how do I start a court criminal observation essay with this thesis- Justice should be maintained but is the of evidence system worth it? i have a ten page essay due in a month so any advice on thesis, how to of evidence of brain in language, get it done without killing myself. Hey, a month is term, a good long while. I#8217;d definitely break it down into lots of smaller steps that you can attack a little at a time #8212; brainstorming, researching, outlining, drafting, then revising. The outlining step will save you a ton of work; I#8217;d definitely read https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/argumentative-essay-outline/ for of evidence laterality in language, some pointers. Aqa Gcse Coursework Percentage? You might also check out https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/how-to-write-an-essay-on-anything/ I have to make an long af essay and english is not even my natural born languege.SEND HELP.

Agreed with some comments below that for some kind of essays up to 2k words everything you need is essay of evidence laterality, imagination and nothing else. Primary Writing? Especially if you have internet then not a sinple paper work seem hard for me. The internet definitely makes writing papers easier. Thanks for of brain laterality, the comment! Hello, I#8217;m need to write a thesis for my uni#8217;s project this year. But, I#8217;m having a problem with my topic, is it a good topic or not? I#8217;m not sure, will you help me?

My thesis topic is, #8220;Students#8217; perception on integrity, as one of the NDUM characteristics.#8221; *NDUM is my university, so I want to know how this integrity give an effect to the students, in coursework percentage the way of education. Essay Of Brain Laterality? I think you#8217;re off to a good start, but you still need to take a stance on your topic. Here is an example of network thesis 2010 what I mean: #8220;Students#8217; perception of essay laterality in language integrity, which is letters, one of NDUM#8217;s characteristics, has a strong impact on how student success in education.#8221; In a paper with that thesis, you could explore how positive/strong perceptions of essay of evidence laterality integrity affect success and/or how weak perceptions of integrity impact success. Another approach, if you want to focus only on positive impacts, might be: #8220;Students who have a strong perception of class 11 economics integrity, one of NDUM#8217;s core characteristics, tend to be more successful in their educational endeavors.#8221; I hope these ideas help you narrow down your topic a bit! Hello everyone? I am an essay of evidence in language online tutor. I do a wider array of assignments from essays, projects and research papers. I produce quality and aqa gcse coursework original papers that are payable after receiving the of evidence assignments. All the assignments are done in 12-24 hours.

Be free to inquire more. Email: [emailprotected] . I#8217;m writing a 10-12 page essay about mental health. I don#8217;t know specifically what to write about because the what are cover letters and resumes topic itself is so broad. Can someone give ma an of evidence of brain advice on this? I#8217;m writing a 10-12 page essay about mental health. I don#8217;t know specifically what to write about primary writing paper because the of brain topic itself is so broad. Can someone give ma an beza dan research advice on this? You#8217;re right that #8220;mental health#8221; is a really broad topic. If you#8217;re writing an argumentative essay, you need to come up with an essay of evidence laterality in language approach/stance that#8217;s a) debatable and b)provable. Network 2010? Here are a few examples of of evidence possible approaches:

Argue that the government (national, local, etc.) has a responsibility to increase funding for cbse 11 economics case study, mental health initiatives. Should free mental health therapy be offered in schools? Argue in favor of/against. Of Evidence Of Brain In Language? Does the mental health of parents impact their children? Why or why not? There are a lot of possibilities here, but I hope those spark some ideas for how you can narrow your topic to be more specific. Happy writing! Thank you.

I started my essay on government should increse the class case study fundings. Now I#8217;m on my thesis statement. i just started this. do you think this will improve my spelling problem. I am writing a 25000 minimum word essay. #128577; That#8217;s a long one, but you can totally do it. Just make sure to organize your ideas before you start. You might want to check out https://www.kibin.com/essay-writing-blog/argumentative-essay-outline/ . This outline template can work just as easily for a 25000-word essay as it would a 500-word essay depending on how many claims you#8217;re making and how much evidence you use to back them up. Much respect for your decision to go back to of evidence of brain laterality in language, school! What an awesome example you#8217;re setting for your kids #128578; I would definitely recommend that you explore some of our (many, many) other blog posts for writing help.

I#8217;m obviously biased, but they#8217;re a fantastic resource for getting un-stuck. As for this essay, I think that there are definitely some argumentative angles you could take with the subject of autism. Aqa Gcse Geography Percentage? Off the top of my head: 1. Argue that autism should (or should not be) classified as a disorder/disability. For instance, some suggest that it#8217;s simply a type of essay of evidence of brain laterality neurodiversity and should not be treated as something #8220;wrong,#8221; just different. 2. Argue that autism stems from (or does not stem from) environmental factors.

The vaccine debate is perhaps the most popular example of this argument, but there are a host of aqa gcse coursework other causes that doctors, researchers, and parents have considered too. 3. Argue that Asperger#8217;s syndrome is/is not different from high-functioning autism.

Essay Writing Service -

patriotic essay Presented here are a some essays that I have assembled for essay, all of you with a patriotic heart. What Are Cover Letters? If you have a favorite essay that you would like to contribute to this collection please feel free to essay of brain in language do so ! Be sure to include the title author (if known) to Contact Us. If one asks me the meaning of our flag, I say to him: It means just what Concord and Lexington meant, what Bunker Hill meant. Essay On Long Effects Of Divorce? It means the of brain laterality in language, whole glorious Revolutionary War. It means all that the Declaration of Independence meant. It means all that the Constitution of our people, organizing for justice, for liberty and for happiness, meant.

Under this banner rode Washington and his armies. Before it Burgoyne laid down his arms. It waved on the highlands at writing West Point. When Arnold would have surrendered these valuable fortresses and precious legacies, his night was turned into day and essay laterality, his treachery was driven away by network security thesis 2010 beams of light from this starry banner. It cheered our army, driven out from around New York, and in their painful pilgrimages through New Jersey. This banner streamed in light over essay laterality, the soldiers' heads at Valley Forge and at master coursework dan research Morristown. It crossed the laterality in language, waters rolling with ice at Trenton, and when its stars gleamed in the morning with a victory, a new day of hope dawned on primary paper the despondency of this nation.

Our Flag carries American ideas, American history and American feelings. Beginning with the Colonies, and coming down to our time, in its sacred heraldry, in its glorious insignia, it has gathered and stored chiefly this supreme idea: divine right of liberty in man . Essay Of Brain? Every color means liberty; every thread means liberty; every form of star and beam or stripe of light means liberty - not lawlessness, but organized, institutional liberty - liberty through law, and laws for 11 economics study, liberty! This American Flag was the safeguard of liberty. Not an atom of crown was allowed to go into its insignia. Not a symbol of essay of evidence of brain in language, authority in the ruler was permitted to go into primary, it. It was an ordinance of liberty by the people, for the people. Of Brain? That it meant, that it means, and, by beza master the blessing of God, that it shall mean to the end of of evidence of brain laterality in language, time! Our Flag - America's Tonic Against Cynicism. [ Note : From the Nov.-Dec. 1994 National Flag Foundations Standard Bearer Magazine. This article remains the copyrighted material of the National Flag Foundation and is presented here by permission.]

As Vice President and as a Senator and paper, member of Congress before that, I have visited dozens of essay of evidence of brain laterality, foreign countries. Believe me when I say I have seen lots of flags. Every country in the world flies flags on ceremonial occasions, such as the arrival of dignitaries on official trips. But something sets Americans apart. We don't just put out the flag for important visitors, or on solemn occasions, and then put it away. What Are Cover And Resumes? Ordinary Americans, by essay of evidence of brain laterality the millions, revere our flag and display it every day. We fly it from tall poles in front of our businesses, from short poles in our front yards, from balcony railings in our condominium complexes.

We pin the flag on our jacket lapels and paste it to the windows of our cars and trucks. As soon as our toddlers can hold a little stick in their tiny fists, we give them Old Glory to wave at the Fourth of July parade. Are Cover And Resumes? And at life's end, we drape the caskets of our fallen patriots with the Stars and Stripes. This proud display of, and devotion to, the essay of brain, symbol of our nation is uniquely American. It is how we reaffirm the letters, fact that we are indeed one nation and that whatever our other differences, there are core values Americans hold in of evidence of brain common: a belief in the dignity of the individual, a love of liberty, and a commitment to government of, for, and by the people. By displaying the flag, we express our gratitude to security thesis 2010 the generations past who fought and died for this country, and we remind ourselves of our obligation to preserve for generations to laterality in language come the freedom that others won for us.

One of the priviledges enjoyed by those of us in essay on long public life is to be greeted by flags most everywhere we go. This simple expression of patriotism is often a welcome relief from the cynicism of of evidence of brain, elites in our nation's capital who are too sophisticated to be caught waving a flag. My aquaintances in the major media might find this hard to believe, but there's nothing like seeing proud faces of youngsters reciting the effects on children, Pledge of Allegiance to remind you of the high ideals that first led you to essay of brain laterality in language seek elected office. I realize that the temper of our times is increasingly cynical, that Americans in growing numbers raise a skeptical eyebrow upon hearing the words high ideals and elected office in the same breath. If you read the same newspaper stores I do, then you have seen the public opinion polls showing in aqa gcse coursework percentage what low repute we now hold the major branches of government. I must admit there are days when I understand those feelings. It's easy to of brain laterality in language look at the discrepancy between what officials say and what they do, and to become cynical as a result. However, I don't believe Americans will ever become entirely cynical -- as long as they keep flying the flag. As a symbol of our republic and its institutions, our link to cbse case study this country's past and to its future, the of brain, flag helps us keep in mind that the Founding Fathers created a durable and admirable system of government.

The founders didn't pretend to cbse case study guarantee that only honorable men and women would hold office. Essay Laterality? In fact, they assumed the opposite -- and created a system of checks and balances as insurance against network security thesis, the imperfect politicians they knew would always exist. In other parts of the world, people tend to find Americans' love of the flag overly sentimental. Essay Of Evidence Laterality In Language? I believe that our system of geography, government, for all its occasional flaws, is still the finest in the world. Far from being sentimental, we have very good reason to show our appreciation anew every day. This country was not built by essay of evidence of brain laterality in language men who relied on somebody else to 11 economics case study take care of them. It was built by men who relied on themselves, who dared to shape their own lives, who had enough courage to blaze new trails with enough confidence in themselves to take the necessary risks. This self-reliance is our American legacy.

It is the secret of that something which stamped Americans as Americans. Some call it individual initiative, others backbone. But whatever it is called, it is a precious ingredient in our national character, one which we must not lose. The time has come for us to essay laterality re-establish the rights for which we stand, to re-assert our inalienable rights to human dignity, self-respect, self-reliance—to be again the kind of people who once made America great. Such a crusade for renewed independence will require a succession of inspired leaders, leaders in spirit and in knowledge of the problem, not just men with political power, but men who are militantly for the distinctive way of life that was America. We are likely to find such leaders only among those that promote self-reliance and who practice it with strict devotion and understanding. No man thinks more highly than I do of the patriotism, as well as abilities, of the very worthy gentlemen who have just addressed the House.

But different men often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen if, entertaining as I do opinions of cbse class 11 economics study, a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve. This is no time for ceremony. The question before the House is one of of evidence of brain, awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to essay on long of divorce on children the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to essay of evidence of brain laterality arrive at truth, and fulfill the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of essay on long of divorce, giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an of evidence laterality act of disloyalty toward the writing, Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings. Mr. President, it is natural to essay of brain laterality man to indulge in the illusions of aqa gcse geography coursework percentage, hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts.

Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to of evidence laterality be of the number of those who, having eyes, see not, and, having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the thesis 2010, worst, and to provide for of evidence, it. I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of effects, experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past. And judging by the past, I wish to know what there has been in the conduct of the British ministry for the last ten years to justify those hopes with which gentlemen have been pleased to solace themselves and the House. Is it that insidious smile with which our petition has been lately received? Trust it not, sir; it will prove a snare to your feet.

Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss. Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land. Are fleets and armies necessary to a work of love and reconciliation? Have we shown ourselves so unwilling to be reconciled that force must be called in to win back our love? Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of laterality in language, war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort. I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it? Has Great Britain any enemy, in this quarter of the aqa gcse geography percentage, world, to call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none.

They are meant for us: they can be meant for essay laterality, no other. They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the British ministry have been so long forging. On Long Term Effects Of Divorce On Children? And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in laterality vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and percentage, humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted?

Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is essay of brain laterality, now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Are Cover Letters? Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. Of Brain? There is no longer any room for what are cover and resumes, hope. If we wish to be free -- if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for laterality, which we have been so long contending -- if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained -- we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to writing the God of hosts is all that is left us!

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength but irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of essay of evidence laterality in language, effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us.

Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is primary writing, a just God who presides over essay of brain laterality, the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. Network Security 2010? The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the essay of evidence laterality in language, active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is class study, now too late to of brain in language retire from the beza coursework, contest.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of essay of brain laterality in language, Boston! The war is inevitable -- and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the beza coursework, matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace -- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the essay of evidence laterality, north will bring to our ears the clash of network security, resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of essay of evidence laterality, chains and slavery?

Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take but as for me; give me liberty or give me death. On the night of Good Friday, 1865, he left us to geography join a blessed procession, in neither doubt nor fear, but his soul does indeed go marching on. For this was the laterality, Bible-reading lad come out of wilderness, following a prairie star, filled with wonder at network security thesis 2010 the world and essay of brain laterality in language, its Maker, who all his life, boy and man, not only knew the Twenty-third Psalm but, more importantly, knew the primary writing, Shepherd. Now it seems possible that we shall never see his like again.

This is a sobering thought, but it should be a kindling one, for upon us now, as a people and a party, has been laid perhaps the greatest responsibility any nation was ever asked to shoulder, yet certainly not greater than we can bear. Our days are no longer than were Lincoln's, our nights are no darker, and if there is any difference between his time and this it lies in the tremendous advantage that is ours, that he stood so tall before us. Of Brain? In such a time and at such a moment we surely can say then, from hopeful, brimful hearts: We are standing, Father Abraham, devoted millions strong, firm in the faith that was yours and is ours, secure in the conviction bequeathed by you to us that right does make might and that if we but dare to do our duty as we understand it, we shall not only survive. --we shall prevail.

What's a flag? What's the love of country for which it stands? Maybe it begins with love of the land itself. Essay Effects? It is the fog rolling in essay of evidence with the tide at Eastport, or through the Golden Gate and among the towers of San Francisco. It is the sun coming up behind the White Mountains, over 2010, the Green, throwing a shining glory on Lake Champlain and above the Adirondacks.

It is the essay of brain, storied Mississippi rolling swift and muddy past St. Louis, rolling past Cairo, pouring down past the levees of New Orleans. It is lazy noontide in the pines of Carolina, it is a sea of wheat rippling in Western Kansas, it is the San Francisco peaks far north across the glowing nakedness of effects, Arizona, it is the Grand Canyon and a little stream coming down out of a New England ridge, in which are trout. It is of brain laterality in language, men at work. It is the storm-tossed fishermen coming into Gloucester and Provincetown and Astoria. Term Effects On Children? It is the farmer riding his great machine in the dust of harvest, the dairyman going to essay the barn before sunrise, the lineman mending the broken wire, the miner drilling for the blast. It is the servants of beza coursework dan research, fire in the murky splendor of Pittsburgh, between the Allegheny and the Monongahela, the trucks rumbling through the night, the locomotive engineer bringing the of evidence laterality, train in on time, the pilot in are cover letters and resumes the clouds, the riveter running along the beam a hundred feet in the air. It is the clerk in the office, the housewife doing the dishes and sending the children off to laterality school. It is the teacher, doctor and parson tending and on long effects on children, helping, body and soul, for small reward. It is small things remembered, the little corners of the of evidence of brain laterality, land, the houses, the people that each one loves.

We love our country because there was a little tree on a hill, and aqa gcse geography coursework percentage, grass thereon, and essay of evidence of brain, a sweet valley below; because the hurdy-gurdy man came along on a sunny morning in a city street; because a beach or a farm or a lane or a house that might not seem much to others were once, for coursework percentage, each of us, made magic. It is voices that are remembered only, no longer heard. It is essay laterality, parents, friends, the letters and resumes, lazy chat of essay of brain laterality, street and store and office, and the ease of essay on long term of divorce on children, mind that makes life tranquil. It is Summer and Winter, rain and sun and storms. These are flesh of our flesh, bone of essay laterality, our bone, blood of our blood, a lasting part of thesis, what we are, each of us and all of us together. It is in language, stories told. It is the Pilgrims dying in their first dreadful Winter. It is the minute man standing his ground at Concord Bridge, and dying there.

It is the army in rags, sick, freezing, starving at Valley Forge. It is the wagons and the men on foot going westward over Cumberland Gap, floating down the great rivers, rolling over the great plains. Coursework Dan Research? It is the settler hacking fiercely at the primeval forest on his new, his own lands. It is essay of brain, Thoreau at Walden Pond, Lincoln at Cooper Union, and Lee riding home from Appomattox. Security? It is of evidence of brain laterality, corruption and disgrace, answered always by men who would not let the flag lie in the dust, who have stood up in every generation to fight for the old ideals and the old rights, at risk of ruin or of life itself. It is a great multitude of people on pilgrimage, common and class, ordinary people, charged with the usual human failings, yet filled with such a hope as never caught the imaginations and the hearts of any nation on earth before.

The hope of liberty. The hope of justice. The hope of a land in essay of evidence in language which a man can stand straight, without fear, without rancor. The land and the people and essay of divorce on children, the flag, the land a continent, the people of every race, the flag a symbol of what humanity may aspire to when the wars are over essay of evidence of brain laterality in language, and the master, barriers are down: to these each generation must be dedicated and consecrated anew, to defend with life itself, if need be, but, above all, in friendliness, in hope, in courage, to live for. I am an of evidence of brain American: That's the way we put it, simply, without any swagger, without any brag, in those four plain words.

We speak them softly, just to ourselves. We roll them on the tongue, touching every syllable, getting the feel of them, the are cover letters, enduring flavor. We speak them humbly, thankfully, reverently: I am an American. They are more than words, really. They are the sum of the lives of a vast multitude of men and of evidence of brain, women and wide-eyed children. They are a manifesto to mankind; speak those four words anywhere in the world -- yes, anywhere -- and those who hear will recognize their meaning. They are a pledge. A pledge that stems from a document which says: When in the course of human events, and goes on what are cover letters from there. A pledge to those who dreamed that dream before it was set to paper, to those who have lived it since, and of brain laterality in language, died for it.

Those words are a covenant with a great host of network thesis, plain Americans, Americans who put their share of meaning into them. Listen, and you can hear the voices echoing through them, words that sprang white-hot from of evidence laterality in language bloody lips, scornful lips, lips a tremble with human pity: Don't give up the ship! Fight her till she dies. Damn the and resumes, torpedoes! Go ahead! . . . Do you want to live forever? . . . Don't cheer, boys; the poor devils are dying. Laughing words, June-warm words, words cold as January ice: Root, hog, or die. .. I've come from Alabama with my banjo. . . Pike's Peak or bust! . . Essay Of Brain In Language? . Busted, by God! . . . When you say that, smile.

Wait till you see the whites of network security thesis 2010, their eyes. With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right. I am not a Virginian, but an of brain in language American. You can hear men in assembly summoned, there in Philadelphia, hear the scratch of their quills as they wrote words for are cover letters, the hour and produced a document for essay laterality, the ages. You can hear them demanding guarantees for which they suffered through the hell of war, hear a Yankee voice intoning the text of ten brief amendments. You can hear the slow cadences of a gaunt and weary man at Gettysburg, dedicating not a cemetery, but a nation. You can hear those echoes as you walk along the streets, hear them in the rumble of traffic; you can hear them as you stand at the lathe, in the roaring factory; hear them in the clack of train wheels, in the drumming throb of the air liner; hear them in the corn fields and in the big woods and in the mine pits and the oil fields. But they aren't words any longer; they're a way of life, a pattern of living. They're the beza coursework, dawn that brings another day in which to get on the job.

They're the noon whistle, with a chance to get the kinks out of your back, to get a bowl of soup, a plate of beans, a cup of coffee into your belly. They're evening, with another day's work done; supper with the of evidence in language, wife and paper, kids; a movie, or the radio, or the of evidence of brain, newspaper or a magazine -- and network, no Gestapo snooping at the door and threatening to kick your teeth in. They are a pattern of essay in language, life as lived by a free people, freedom that has its roots in rights and obligations: The right to go to a church with a cross or a star or a dome or a steeple, or not to beza master coursework dan research go to any church at all; and essay of evidence laterality in language, the obligation to respect others in that same right. The right to term on children harangue on a street corner, to hire a hall and shout your opinions till your tonsils are worn to a frazzle; and the obligation to curb your tongue now and of brain laterality, then. The right to go to school, to learn a trade, to enter a profession, to earn an on long honest living; and the obligation to do an honest day's work. The right to put your side of the argument in the hands of a jury; and in language, the obligation to abide by the laws that you and your delegates have written in the statute books. The right to choose who shall run our government for aqa gcse coursework percentage, us, the right to a secret vote that counts just as much as the next fellow's in the final tally; and the obligation to use that right, and guard it and keep it clean.

The right to hope, to dream, to pray; the obligation to serve. These are some of the meanings of those four words, meanings we don't often stop to tally up or even list. Only in the stillness of a moonless night, or in the quiet of a Sunday afternoon, or in the thin dawn of a new day, when our world is close about us, do they rise up in of evidence of brain laterality in language our memories and writing paper, stir in of brain in language our sentient hearts. Only then? That is not wholly so -- not today! For today we are drilling holes and driving rivets, shaping barrels and loading shells, fitting wings and welding hulls, And we are remembering Wake Island, and primary writing paper, Bataan, and of brain in language, Corregidor, and Hong Kong and Singapore and Batavia; We are remembering Warsaw and Rotterdam and Rouen and Coventry. Remembering, and muttering with each rivet driven home: There's another one for remembrance! They're plain words, those four. Simple words.

You could write them on your thumbnail, if you chose, Or you could sweep them all across the sky, horizon to horizon. You could grave them on stone, you could carve them on the mountain ranges. You could sing them, to the tune of Yankee Doodle. But you needn't. 11 Economics? You needn't do any of essay laterality in language, those things, For those words are graven in the hearts of 130,000,00 people, they are familiar to what are cover and resumes 130,000,000 tongues, every sound and essay of brain laterality, every syllable. But when we speak them we speak them softly, proudly, gratefully: I am an American. We do honor to the stars and stripes as the emblem of our country and class case, the symbol of all that our patriotism means. We identify the flag with almost everything we hold dear on earth. Laterality In Language? It represents our peace and security, our civil and political liberty, our freedom of 11 economics, religious worship, our family, our friends, our home. We see it in the great multitude of blessings, of rights and privileges that make up our country.

But when we look at essay of evidence of brain our flag and what are cover, behold it emblazoned with all our rights, we must remember that it is equally a symbol of our duties. Every glory that we associate with it is the result of duty done. Essay Of Evidence Laterality? A yearly contemplation of our flag strengthens and purifies the national conscience. In response to coursework dan research a request from England for a description of Col. George Washington, his aide-de-camp, John Francis Mercer, wrote:

He may be described as being as straight as an Indian, measuring six feet two inches in his stockings and weighing 175 pounds when he took his seat in the House of Burgesses in 1759. His frame is laterality, padded with well developed muscles, indicating great strength. His bones and joints are large, as are his feet and term of divorce on children, hands. He is wide shouldered, but has not a deep or round chest; is neat waisted, but is broad across the hips, and has rather long legs and essay of brain laterality in language, arms. Paper? His head is of evidence laterality, well shaped though not large, but is gracefully poised on case a superb neck. A large and straight rather than a prominent nose; blue-gray eyes which are widely separated and overhung by a heavy brow.

His face is long rather than broad, with high round cheek bones, and terminates in a good firm chin. Of Evidence Of Brain? He has a clear though rather colorless pale skin, which burns with the sun. A pleasing, benevolent, though a commanding countenance, dark brown hair, which he wears in a cue. His mouth is network thesis, large and generally firmly closed, but which from time to time discloscs some defective teeth. His features are regular and placid, though fiexible and expressivc of essay of evidence of brain laterality in language, deep feeling when moved by emotion. What strange doubts assail this timid generation of today as it beholds the challenges to both liberty and equality. We seem beset with fear not faith, with doubt not confidence, with compromise not conviction, with dismay not dedication. We are drenched with the literature of fear and doubt. Survival has become the main theme. Percentage? The fall-out shelter from which the stars of hope and courage cannot be seen has become the of evidence of brain laterality in language, symbol of our fears and misgivings. Are we to aqa gcse geography become fearful, unworthy legatees in a blessed, united land where the earth is fertile to our every need, where the skills and ingenuity of men are boundless, where the burdens are bearable, where decent living is within the reach of all, and where the genius to of evidence of brain in language produce is unlimited?

Perhaps we have lost our sense of continuity? Perhaps we have forgotten that we move in that same endless stream which began with our forefathers and which will flow on and on to embrace our children and our children's children. If we have, there will have gone with it that sense of individual responsibility which is the last best hope that a nation conceived in beza liberty and dedicated to equality can long endure. Comes then the reminder from the man from Illinois. Men died here and men are sleeping here who fought under a July sun that the nation might endure, united, free, tolerant, and devoted to equality. The task was unfinished.

It is never quite finished. I was born an of evidence of brain laterality in language American; I live an American; I shall die an American; and I intend to perform the duties incumbent upon me in that character to the end of my career. I mean to do this with absolute disregard of 2010, personal consequences. What are the personal consequences? What is the individual man, with all the good or evil that may betide him, in comparison with the good or evil which may befall a great country, and in essay laterality the midst of great transactions which concern that country's fate? Let the consequences be what they will, I am careless. Security 2010? No man can suffer too much, and no man can fall too soon, if he suffer, or if he fall, in the defense of the liberties and constitution of his country. Daniel Webster Speaks at Bunker Hill.

The first time I ever saw Mr. Webster was on the 17th of June, 1825, at the laying of the corner-stone of the Bunker Hill Monument. I shall never forget his appearance as he strode across the open area, encircled by some fifty thousand persons—men and women, waiting for the Orator of the essay of evidence laterality in language, Day, nor the shout that simultaneously burst forth, as he was recognized, carrying up to the skies the name of Webster! Webster! Webster! It was one of those lovely days in June, when the sun is essay on long term effects of divorce, bright, the air clear, and the breath of of evidence of brain laterality in language, nature so sweet and pure as to fill every bosom with a grateful joy in the mere consciousness of existence. There were present long files of soldiers in their holiday attire; there were many associations, with their mottoed banners; there were lodges and grand lodges, in white aprons and blue scarfs; there were miles of citizens from the primary paper, towns and laterality in language, the country round about; there were two hundred gray-haired men, remnants of the days of the Revolution. Mr.

Webster was in the very zenith of his fame and of his powers. There was a grandeur in his form, an intelligence in his deep dark eye, a loftiness in his expansive brow, a significance in his arched lip, altogether beyond those of any other human being I ever saw. And these, on the occasion to which I allude, had their full expression and interpretation. When he came to address the few scarred and time-worn veterans, some forty in number, who had shared in the bloody scene which all had now gathered to commemorate, he paused a moment, and, as he uttered the words Venerable men, his voice trembled, and I could see a cloud pass over the sea of faces that turned upon master dan research, the speaker. He said: Our poor work may perish, but thine shall endure: this monument may moulder away, the solid ground it rests upon may sink down to the level of the sea; but thy memory shall not fail.

Wherever among men a heart shall be found that beats to the transports of patriotism and liberty, its aspirations shall claim kindred with thy spirit! I have never seen such an effect, from a single passage. Lifted as by inspiration, every breast seemed now to expand, every gaze to turn above, every face to beam with a holy yet exulting enthusiasm. It was the omnipotence of eloquence, which, like the agitated sea, carries a host upon its waves, sinking and swelling with its irresistible undulations.

Custom Essay Order -

Joyce Carol Oates, The Art of Fiction No. 72. Photograph by Marion Ettlinger. Joyce Carol Oates is the rarest of commodities, an essay of brain in language author modest about her work, though there is such a quantity of writing paper it that she has three publishersone for essay of brain fiction, one for poetry and a “small press” for more experimental work, limited editions, and books her other publishers simply cannot schedule. And despite the added demands of teaching, she continues to devote much energy to The Ontario Review, a literary quarterly that her husband edits and for which she serves as a contributing editor. Ms. Oates is striking-looking and slender, with dark hair and large, inquiring eyes. She is class case, highly attractive but not photogenic; no photo has ever done justice to of brain laterality in language, her appearance, which conveys grace and high intelligence. If her manner is taken for aloofnessas it sometimes has beenit is, in master coursework, fact, a shyness that the publication of thirty-three books, the production of three plays, and laterality, the winning of the National Book Award has not displaced.

This interview began at her Windsor home in the summer of primary paper 1976 before she and her husband moved to Princeton. Of Brain Laterality In Language! When interviewed, her speaking voice was, as always, soft and reflective. One receives the essay effects of divorce on children, impression that she never speaks in anything but perfectly formed sentences. Ms. Oates answered all questions openly while curled with her Persian cats upon a sofa. (She is a confirmed cat lover and recently took in two more kittens at the Princeton house.) Talk continued during a stroll by the banks of the of evidence of brain laterality in language, Detroit River where she confessed to having sat for cbse class case hours, watching the of evidence of brain laterality, horizon and are cover, the boats, and dreaming her characters into existence. Essay Of Evidence! She sets these dreams physically onto paper on term effects on children, a writing table in her study, which faces the river. Additional questions were asked in New York during the 1976 Christmas season, when Ms. Oates and her husband attended a seminar on her work, which was part of that year's Modern Language Association convention. Many of the questions in this interview were answered via correspondence.

She felt that only by writing out her replies could she say precisely what she wished to, without possibility of misunderstanding or misquotation . We may as well get this one over with first: You're frequently charged with producing too much. JOYCE CAROL OATES. Productivity is a relative matter. And it's really insignificant: What is laterality in language, ultimately important is a writer's strongest books. It may be the are cover letters and resumes, case that we all must write many books in order to achieve a few lasting onesjust as a young writer or poet might have to write hundreds of poems before writing his first significant one. Each book as it is written, however, is a completely absorbing experience, and feels always as if it were the work I was born to write. Essay Of Evidence In Language! Afterward, of on long term effects course, as the years pass, it's possible to become more detached, more critical. I really don't know what to say. Of Brain! I note and can to some extent sympathize with the objurgatory tone of certain critics, who feel that I write too much because, quite wrongly, they believe they ought to what letters, have read most of my books before attempting to criticize a recently published one. (At least I think that's why they react a bit irritably.) Yet each book is a world unto itself and must stand alone, and it should not matter whether a book is a writer's first, or tenth, or fiftieth. About your criticsdo you read them, usually? Have you ever learned anything from essay of brain, a book review or an essay on your work?

Sometimes I read reviews, and security thesis, without exception I will read critical essays that are sent to me. The critical essays are interesting on their own terms. Of course, it's a pleasure simply to discover that someone has read and responded to one's work; being understood, and being praised, is beyond expectation most of the essay of brain, time . . . Beza Coursework Dan Research! The average review is a quickly written piece not meant to be definitive. So it would be misguided for a writer to of brain, read such reviews attentively. All writers without exception find themselves clapperclawed from cbse class 11 economics, time to time; I think the experience (provided one survives it) is wonderfully liberating: After the first death there is no other . . . A writer who has published as many books as I have has developed, of necessity, a hide like a rhino's, while inside there dwells a frail, hopeful butterfly of a spirit. Returning to the matter of your “productivity”: Have you ever dictated into a machine?

No, oddly enough I've written my last several novels in laterality, longhand first. I had an enormous, rather frightening stack of pages and notes for The Assassins, probably eight hundred pagesor was it closer to a thousand? It alarms me to geography coursework percentage, remember. Childwold needed to be written in essay of evidence, longhand, of course. And now everything finds its initial expression in longhand and the typewriter has become a rather alien thinga thing of formality and impersonality. My first novels were all written on a typewriter: first draft straight through, then revisions, then final draft. But I can't do that any longer. The thought of dictating into a machine doesn't appeal to beza coursework dan research, me at of brain in language, all. Henry James's later works would have been better had he resisted that curious sort of self-indulgence, dictating to a secretary.

The roaming garrulousness of ordinary speech is usually corrected when it's transcribed into written prose. Do you ever worryconsidering the paper, vast body of your workif you haven't written a particular scene before, or had characters say the laterality, same lines? Evidently, there are writers (John Cheever, Mavis Gallant come immediately to mind) who never reread their work, and there are others who reread constantly. I suspect I am somewhere in the middle. Aqa Gcse Geography! If I thought I had written a scene before, or written the same lines before, I would simply look it up.

What kind of work schedule do you follow? I haven't any formal schedule, but I love to write in the morning, before breakfast. Of Brain! Sometimes the what and resumes, writing goes so smoothly that I don't take a break for many hoursand consequently have breakfast at two or three in the afternoon on essay of evidence of brain in language, good days. On school days, days that I teach, I usually write for an hour or forty-five minutes in the morning, before my first class. But I don't have any formal schedule, and at the moment I am feeling rather melancholy, or derailed, or simply lost, because I completed a novel some weeks ago and haven't begun another . . . except in scattered, stray notes. Do you find emotional stability is necessary in order to write? Or can you get to work whatever your state of mind? Is your mood reflected in what you write? How do you describe that perfect state in security 2010, which you can write from early morning into the afternoon? One must be pitiless about this matter of “mood.” In a sense, the essay of brain laterality in language, writing will create the mood. What Are Cover And Resumes! If art is, as I believe it to be, a genuinely transcendental functiona means by which we rise out of limited, parochial states of mindthen it should not matter very much what states of mind or emotion we are in.

Generally I've found this to be true: I have forced myself to begin writing when I've been utterly exhausted, when I've felt my soul as thin as a playing card, when nothing has seemed worth enduring for of evidence in language another five minutes . Essay On Long Of Divorce On Children! . Essay Of Evidence Laterality In Language! . and somehow the activity of writing changes everything. Or appears to do so. Joyce said of the underlying structure of Ulysses the Odyssean parallel and parodythat he really didn't care whether it was plausible so long as it served as a bridge to get his “soldiers” across. Percentage! Once they were across, what does it matter if the bridge collapses? One might say the of evidence of brain laterality in language, same thing about the master coursework dan research, use of one's self as a means for essay of evidence of brain laterality the writing to get written. Once the soldiers are across the stream . . . What does happen when you finish a novel? Is the next project one that has been waiting in line? Or is the choice more spontaneous? When I complete a novel I set it aside, and begin work on short stories, and eventually another long work. Beza Master Coursework! When I complete that novel I return to essay of evidence in language, the earlier novel and rewrite much of it.

In the meantime the second novel lies in on long term effects of divorce on children, a desk drawer. Sometimes I work on two novels simultaneously, though one usually forces the essay of evidence in language, other into the background. The rhythm of writing, revising, writing, revising, et cetera, seems to suit me. I am inclined to think that as I grow older I will come to be infatuated with the art of revision, and there may come a time when I will dread giving up a novel at all. My next novel, Unholy Loves, was written around the time of Childwold, for instance, and revised after the cbse class 11 economics case, completion of that novel, and essay of evidence of brain in language, again revised this past spring and summer. My reputation for writing quickly and effortlessly notwithstanding, I am strongly in favor of intelligent, even fastidious revision, which is, or certainly should be, an art in itself. Subscribe and save nearly 40%.

Already a subscriber? Sign in essay term of divorce, below. Last / Next Article. More from of evidence of brain laterality in language, Issue 74, Fall-Winter 1978. Dr. Justino Ybarra, Dispeller of Blindness. John H. Johnson and the Black Magazine. Staff Picks: Fat Ladies, Flowers, and Faraway Lands.

Staff Picks: Pranks, Prints, and Penises. We reached the car, and I held the door open for him, but he didn't climb in dan research, right away. He stood there rocking on of brain laterality, his crutch, gazing off at the sky and the fields and the fall trees starting to network security thesis, go the color of sherbet#133; The Pound Poem That Wasn't By Pound. A few weeks ago, I wrote here about a poem I found written on the back of an envelope among Ezra Pound’s papers in Italy. It is a small poem and it runs in full: Hast thou 2 loaves of essay of brain bread Sell one + with the dole Buy straightaway some hyacint Eudora Welty, The Art of Fiction No. 47. I met Eudora Welty in her room at the Algonquin Hotel an hour or so after her train had arrived in Penn Station. She had given me the wrong room number, so I first saw her peering out of her door as the elevator opened. A tall, large-boned, gray-haired woman greeted me apologetically.

She was admittedly nervous about being interviewed, particularly on a tape recorder. Are Cover Letters! After describing her train rideshe won’t flyshe braced herself and asked if I wouldn’t begin the questioning. Once the interview got underway, she grew more at ease. As she herself might say, she was “not unforthcoming.” She speaks deliberately with a deep Southern drawl, measuring her words. Essay Of Brain! She is extremely private and won’t reveal anything personal about herself. You wrote somewhere that we should still tolerate Jane Austen’s kind of family novel. Is Austen a kindred spirit? Tolerate ? I should just think so!

I love and admire all she does, and profoundly, but I don’t read her or anyone else for “kindredness.” The piece you’re referring to aqa gcse coursework percentage, was written on assignment for Brief Lives , an essay of evidence of brain laterality anthology Louis Kronenberger was editing. He did offer me either Jane Austen or Chekhov, and Chekhov I do dare to think is more “kindred.” I feel closer to him in spirit, but I couldn’t read Russian, which I felt whoever wrote about him should be able to do. Chekhov is dan research, one of usso close to today’s world, to of evidence of brain laterality in language, my mind, and class 11 economics, very close to the Southwhich Stark Young pointed out laterality a long time ago. Why is Chekhov close to today’s South? He loved the singularity in people, the individuality. He took for writing paper granted the sense of family. He had the essay of brain in language, sense of fate overtaking a way of life, and his Russian humor seems to what letters and resumes, me kin to the humor of of brain laterality in language a Southerner. It’s the kind that lies mostly in cbse 11 economics case study, character. Of Brain In Language! You know, in Uncle Vanya and writing paper, The Cherry Orchard , how people are always gathered together and of evidence of brain in language, talking and essay term on children, talking, no one’s really listening.

Yet there’s a great love and understanding that prevails through it, and a knowledge and acceptance of each other’s idiosyncrasies, a tolerance of them, and also an acute enjoyment of the dramatic. Essay Of Evidence In Language! Like in The Three Sisters , when the fire is going on, how they talk right on through their exhaustion, and Vershinin says, “I feel a strange excitement in the air,” and laughs and sings and geography coursework percentage, talks about the future. That kind of responsiveness to the world, to whatever happens, out of of evidence their own deeps of character seems very southern to me. Anyway, I took a temperamental delight in what are cover letters, Chekhov, and gradually the of evidence, connection was borne in upon me. Do you ever return to Virginia Woolf? Yes.

She was the one who opened the door. When I read To the Lighthouse , I felt, Heavens, what is this? I was so excited by the experience I couldn’t sleep or eat. I’ve read it many times since, though more often these days I go back to her diary. On Long Term Effects Of Divorce! Any day you open it to will be tragic, and yet all the marvelous things she says about essay of evidence her work, about aqa gcse coursework percentage working, leave you filled with joy that’s stronger than your misery for her. Remember“I’m not very far along, but I think I have my statues against the sky”?* Isn’t that beautiful? About your own work, are you surprised that Losing Battles was on the best-seller lista first for you, I believe?

It occurred to me right at first it must be a flukethat whoever had that place on the best-seller list had just got up and given me his seatlet the lady sit down, she’s tottering. Yet any reception would have surprised meor you could just as well say nothing would have surprised me, because I wasn’t thinking of how it would be received when I wrote it. I thought about the opinion of laterality a handful of friends I would love to have love that book, but not about the public. Do you write for your friends? At the time of writing, I don’t write for network security 2010 my friends or myself, either; I write for essay of brain laterality in language it , for geography coursework percentage the pleasure of it . I believe if I stopped to wonder what So-and-so would think, or what I’d feel like if this were read by a stranger, I would be paralyzed. Of Evidence! I care what my friends think, very deeplyand it’s only after they’ve read the finished thing that I really can rest, deep down. Security Thesis! But in the writing, I have to just keep going straight through with only the thing in mind and what it dictates. It’s so much an inward thing that reading the proofs later can be a real shock. When I received them for my first bookno, I guess it was for Delta Wedding I thought, I didn’t write this. It was a page of in language dialogueI might as well have never seen it before. Beza Master Coursework Dan Research! I wrote to my editor, John Woodburn, and told him something had happened to that page in of evidence of brain, the typesetting.

He was kind, not even surprisedmaybe this happens to security thesis, all writers. He called me up and read me from the manuscriptword for essay laterality word what the proofs said. Proofs don’t shock me any longer, yet there’s still a strange moment with every book when I move from the position of writer to aqa gcse coursework, the position of reader, and I suddenly see my words with the eyes of the cold public. It gives me a terrible sense of laterality in language exposure, as if I’d gotten sunburned. Do you make changes in galleys?

I correct or change words, but I can’t rewrite a scene or make a major change because there’s a sense then of someone looking over my shoulder. It’s necessary, anyway, to trust that moment when you were sure at last you had done all you could, done your best for beza dan research that time. When it’s finally in print, you’re deliveredyou don’t ever have to of evidence of brain in language, look at it again. It’s too late to security thesis 2010, worry about its failings. I’ll have to apply any lessons this book has taught me toward writing the next one. Is Losing Battles a departure from your previous fiction?

I wanted to see if I could do something that was new for me: translating every thought and feeling into action and speech, speech being another form of actionto bring the whole life of it off through the completed gesture, so to speak. I felt that I’d been writing too much by way of description, of introspection on the part of my characters. I tried to see if I could make everything shown, brought forth, without benefit of the of brain, author’s telling any more about what was going on inside the characters’ minds and on long, hearts. For me, this makes almost certainly for essay of evidence of brain laterality comedywhich I love to cbse class 11 economics, write best of all. Now I see it might be a transition toward writing a play. Did you know what you were going to write before you put it on paper?

Yes, it was there in of evidence of brain in language, my head, but events proliferated as I went along. For instance, I thought all the action in the novel would be contained in one day and night, but a folder started to fill up with things marked “Next A.M.” I didn’t foresee the stories that grew out of the storiesthat was one of the joys of working the novel out. I thought the book would be short, and primary, instead it was three or four times longer than my normal work. There’s no way of essay of evidence estimating its original length because I had great chunks of things in cbse class 11 economics study, paper clips, which weren’t numbered until they went to essay of brain laterality, the printer. And I must have thrown away at least as much as I kept in the book.

Did you learn anything new about writing dialogue? I believe so. In its beginning, dialogue’s the easiest thing in what are cover, the world to write when you have a good ear, which I think I have. Laterality! But as it goes on, it’s the most difficult, because it has so many ways to function. Sometimes I needed to make a speech do three or four or five things at oncereveal what the character said but also what he thought he said, what he hid, what others were going to think he meant, and what they misunderstood, and so forthall in his single speech. And the speech would have to keep the network security 2010, essence of this one character, his whole particular outlook in concentrated form. Essay! This isn’t to say I succeeded. But I guess it explains why dialogue gives me my greatest pleasure in geography percentage, writing.

I used to essay of evidence in language, laugh out loud sometimes when I wrote itthe way P. G. Wodehouse is said to do. I’d think of some things my characters would say, and even if I couldn’t use it, I would write the scene out just to let them loose on essay effects of divorce on children, somethingmy private show. Sign up for the Paris Review newsletter and keep up with news, parties, readings, and more. Join the writers and staff of The Paris Review at our next event. Visit our store to buy archival issues of the magazine, prints, T-shirts, and essay of evidence in language, accessories. This site was created in collaboration with StrickWilliams, Tierra Innovation, and class, the staff of The Paris Review .

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -

7 Core Values Statements That Inspire. In just a few words, these companies set out the passions and essay of brain in language, commitments that define them. What does a company stand for? What values do its employees embody? What do its products contribute to the world? Answering these questions succinctly but meaningfully is challenging but worth pursuing to the many companies that craft “core value statements” or “mission statements” to anchor every aspect of a business in a set of commonly-held beliefs and commitments. These statements “become the deeply ingrained principle and fabric that guide employee behavior and company decisions and and resumes, actions—the behaviors the company and employees expect of themselves,” says Eric Jacobson, a former executive who writes about management and leadership in Kansas City, MO, “Without a statement, the of brain in language, company will lack soul.” Not every company agrees—in fact some think such statements can be restrictive. “We think that a mission statement can limit our people from case study seeing the in language, business through the aqa gcse geography coursework percentage, eyes of the customer,” says Tara Darrow, a spokesperson for Nordstrom. But at their best, the statements are “true reflections of what the company believes—and management and employees are willing to live by,” says Jacobson. These 7 companies on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list have mission or core values statements that play an active role in business practice and foster confidence and happiness in essay of brain in language the employees who work with the values every day. Aqa Gcse! Mission statement: To give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers.

The social networking site’s mission statement, characteristically, is fewer than 140 characters, a move that helps the statement embody the in language, company’s identity in security thesis 2010 both form and content. The company’s 3,600 employees—2,000 of whom are based in Twitter’s TWTR San Francisco headquarters, are encouraged to of evidence laterality in language understand the mission statement as a defining corporate philosophy. “Our mission statement puts our users first and defines our clear purpose—to give everyone the ability to be heard, seen, and share their thoughts and primary paper, experiences as they happen,” says Brian Schipper, vice president of essay of brain in language human resources, “It is our compass when we’re building the security, platform and developing new products and policies. We want to empower individuals and be a force for good in the world.” Core Values: Reach, Learn, Di-bear-sity Colla-bear-ate Give, Cele-bear-ate. Build-A-Bear Workshop takes teddy bears very seriously, and of evidence of brain laterality, “bear-isms” are front and center throughout the corporate culture, including at the corporate “bearquarters” in St. Louis. The company’s six core values are internally-facing—they’re not posted at retail stores. Beza Master! But within the company, they are important tools for bringing employees together across every level of the of evidence in language, business. In fact, “Di-bear-sity,” the most recent value to be added to the statement, was named through a 2012 company-wide contest. And at quarterly corporate meetings, managers from individual stores can nominate employees for “Atta Bears” awards, citing excellent performance in on long of divorce on children one of the core values areas. Sharon John, Build-A-Bear’s CEO, says the core values were not on the list of things she wanted to essay of evidence laterality in language change when she came to the company in a “turnaround situation” in 2013. “These are life values as well as company values,” she says, “They are unifying for our organization.” Higher Purpose Statement: With great courage, integrity and love—we embrace our responsibility to co-create a world where each of us, our communities, and our planet can flourish.

All the while, celebrating the sheer love and are cover and resumes, joy of food. “I don’t think a lot of companies talk about love in the workplace,” says Mark Ehrnstein, global vice president of team member services at Whole Foods Market’s WFM Austin headquarters, “but we do.” The grocery chain’s higher purpose statement is meant to of evidence reinforce that passionate outlook to customers, suppliers, stockholders, and employees alike. Ehrnstein adds that the statement is part of what helps keep the various stakeholders connected in a business that needs to be open to change. Network Thesis! “We have to continually evolve our thinking and embrace change,” he says, “We have to do that while staying true to who we are, and essay of brain laterality, staying true to the core of the company.” Core Values Statement: Sell good merchandise at a reasonable profit, treat your customers like human beings, and they will always come back for class 11 economics case more. This quote from Leon Leonwood Bean has been known as “L.L.’s Golden Rule” at his namesake company since the essay of evidence of brain laterality in language, 1920s, and it is posted prominently in its retail stores and security thesis 2010, manufacturing and shipping facilities, says spokesperson Carolyn Beem. “It’s not just a saying, but it’s way of life and a way of conducting business” for the nearly 5,000 employees who work for the Freeport, ME-based company, she says. The philosophy embedded in essay of evidence laterality the core values statement can be seen in L.L. Bean’s trademark satisfaction guarantee, and in aqa gcse geography coursework percentage the pride boot-makers take in placing a card in of evidence of brain each hand-crafted pair of boots they ship. “We’re in what letters and resumes business, but we’re not in business to be unreasonable or to fleece anybody,” said Beem, inadvertently using a bit of an outerwear pun. “We want customers to come back, and if they feel they’ve been treated well, then they will.” 1. Deliver WOW Through Service.

2. Embrace and Drive Change. 3. Create Fun and a Little Weirdness. 4. Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded. 5. Pursue Growth and Learning. 6. Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication. 7. Build a Positive Team and of evidence laterality, Family Spirit. 8. Do More with Less. 9. Be Passionate and Determined. Employees at letters the online retailer Zappos.com aren’t expected to memorize the company’s 10 core values, which were incorporated in 2006 based on a list of 100 character traits circulated by CEO Tony Hsieh.

But they are expected to essay of evidence laterality embody those values in their personalities—and not just at work. “The best employee is the person who can be the coursework dan research, same person at essay of evidence of brain laterality home that they are at work,” says Jamie Naughton chief of staff for the Las Vegas-based company. Network Security Thesis 2010! When they are hired, employees sign contracts saying they understand the values, agree to be reviewed based on them, and understand that they can be fired if they fail to of evidence live up to them. This commitment makes the values “a living breathing thing, more than just a plaque on our lobby wall,” says Naughton, and it fuels the company’s reputation as a place where employees are happy and term effects of divorce, motivated. Our “Who We Are” Values: Caring, High Standards, Making a Difference, Respect, and of brain laterality in language, Empowerment. The Rochester-based grocery chain considers its core values to be a key tool for hiring well and cultivating employees who will remain with the company throughout their careers. “We want to hire for values,” says Kevin Stickles, who has worked for the nearly 100-year-old company for 31 years and is now vice president of human resources. “We can train anybody for the technical work they’ll need to do in our stores,” he says, “but do they fit into the fabric of what our company is based upon?” The values are introduced to employees when they are first hired, they are posted prominently in stores, and they are modeled by open-door policies from managers. “Yes we have it on geography percentage, a wall, but our people live and breathe it,” says Stickles. Core Values Statement: The HEART Principles: Bright Horizons Family Solutions BFAM employs 25,000 people at more than 900 childcare centers in the U.S. and U.K., and its “HEART Principles” are used at every level of the laterality in language, business, says Ilene Serpa, vice president of communications. The statement is posted prominently in staff rooms and bulletin boards at individual centers, it is primary writing, featured in of evidence in language the employee handbook and culture guide, and it is often referenced by leaders in security presentations or company-wide communications.

The statement’s impact is most strongly felt in fostering open, honest lines of communication between families and caregivers—and those caregivers and in language, their managers, right up the line to the company’s executives. What Are Cover And Resumes! “It’s very important we make Bright Horizons feel like a family for our employees, because that’s the feeling we’re trying to of evidence laterality create for security thesis 2010 the people we’re caring for,” says Serpa. Holly Lebowitz Rossi is a freelance writer based in Arlington, Massachusetts.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
Essay Of Evidence Of Brain Laterality In Language

Fibromyalgia Syndrome: An Introduction (paper) Note: This paper was written as an essay of evidence of brain in language, assignment for a medical communications course. I’ve published it here after receiving several requests that I do so. Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS) is a debilitating neurological disorder characterized by chronic widespread pain and fatigue. It affects approximately 2% of the population, and is more common in women than in men. Central nervous system sensitization affects the entire body, leading to many secondary symptoms. This paper will cover the history, symptoms, and causes of FMS as well as recent research and known treatments for the syndrome. Fibromyalgia has been described as a full-body migraine. What Are Cover! Another common explanation is to compare everyday life with FMS as being similar to the aches and pains associated with a severe case of influenza.

FMS patients experience intermittent flares, which are episodes of in language, increased symptomology. Flares usually occur in response to physical or emotional stress—a schedule change, an illness or injury, a new job, the birth of a child, etc. While fibromyalgia is not considered a degenerative disorder, its symptoms usually become more severe if the patient also has a degenerative disorder such as arthritis. First, a patient must have experienced continuous pain in all four quadrants of the body for at least three months (Wolfe et al., 1990). Doctors will usually order many different tests in order to rule out arthritis, Lyme disease, and other conditions which might be confused with fibromyalgia. The key diagnostic tool for FMS is the tender point exam. No more than 4kg/1.54km2 of class 11 economics case, pressure is applied to 18 specific points (see Table 1). If there is significant pain in at least 11 of the 18 points, the essay of evidence of brain, patient may be diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

There are so many common secondary symptoms that it is not unusual for network security thesis 2010, a patient to essay of evidence be treated by multiple specialists for those symptoms over a period of years before she is diagnosed with FMS. Secondary symptoms need not be present for diagnosis, and aqa gcse geography coursework percentage will vary from one patient to the next. The night racks my bones, and the pain that gnaws me knows no rest, laments Job (The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version, Job 30:17). It’s easy to imagine that Job suffered from of evidence laterality FMS. University of Edinburgh surgeon William Balfour described fibromyalgia, which he called rheumatism, in aqa gcse coursework percentage, 1815 (Balfour, 1815, as cited in Starlanyl, 1999). Since then, the disease has been called fibrositis, nonarticular rheumatism, and even tender lady syndrome (Marek, 2003). The disorder was finally labeled fibromyalgia syndrome by Philip Hench (1976). The American College of Rheumatology published its criteria for the diagnosis of fibromyalgia in 1990 (Wolfe et al.). Of Evidence! The American Medical Association accepted the criteria in 1987, followed by the World Health Organization in 1992 (WHO, 2004).

After almost two centuries of study, the etiology of fibromyalgia is still a matter of much debate. There are no lab tests for FMS. There are no discernible abnormalities of the muscles, bones, joints or connective tissues. What Are Cover Letters! It is known to involve central nervous system changes (Starlanyl and Copeland, 2001), but those changes may be caused by or be the cause of the disorder. Essay Of Evidence! Others have proposed that sleep disturbances, metabolic imbalances, malnutrition, or toxic exposure cause FMS. For the last 25 years, most practitioners have treated FMS as an autoimmune disorder, similar to arthritis.

Levels of antinuclear antibodies are used to class case study diagnose autoimmune disorders, but the essay of evidence in language, presence of those antibodies is similar in most FMS patients and healthy controls (Starlanyl Copeland, 2001). Travell and Simons believed that untreated myofascial trigger points caused fibromyalgia (1999, as cited in class, Davies, 2001). Trigger points, though, refer pain to different parts of the body. Tender points, as used in the diagnosis of FMS, do not involve referred pain. While some FMS patients do have myofascial trigger points, those points are not present in all FMS patients (Starlanyl, 1999).

Some doctors persist in believing that FMS is a psychiatric disorder, but researchers have been unable to distinguish between FMS, rheumatoid arthritis and other patients who experience chronic pain using psychiatric techniques (Starlanyl Copeland, 2001). Some physicians have reclassified fibromyalgia as a functional somatic syndrome, claiming that it is characterized more by disability than medical explanation, suggesting behavioral and psychiatric treatment rather than any other therapies (Barsky Borus, 1999). While the incidence of psychiatric disorders such as depression is no higher in patients with FMS than in those with other chronic pain disorders, the number of fibromyalgia patients who have experienced acute or long term trauma or abuse is far higher than that of the essay laterality in language, general population (Romans et al., 2002 and cbse class 11 economics case study Van Houdenhove et al, 2004). In the last ten years, several new technologies have been used to prove that FMS is a physical disorder. Laterality! Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and single positron emission computed tomography (SPECT) scans of essay effects of divorce, FMS patients’ brains show significant abnormalities in regional cerebral blood flow (Graceley et al., 2002 and Mountz et al., 1998). FMRIs also demonstrate significantly increased activity in pain-relevant areas of the brain in response to stimuli when compared to a control group (Cook et al., 2004). Italian researchers have found elevated levels of the neuropeptide substance P, which is essay of brain, involved in the perception of pain, in the spinal fluid of FMS patients (De Stefano et al, 2000). Unfortunately, these tests are too invasive or too expensive for diagnostic use. Studies at are cover, the University of Florida College of Medicine show that FMS patients feel pain longer than normal controls (Staud et al., 2003). One of the researchers, Roland Staud, also found that once a subject with fibromyalgia is exposed to painful stimuli, that patient stays more sensitive to further stimuli.

Unlike the control subjects, the patients also experienced widespread pain as a result of the stimuli, which points to central nervous system sensitization as a factor in FMS (Staud et al., 2004). Van Houdenhove et al. cite multiple studies regarding the effect of long-term stressors on the central nervous system on various mammals, including humans. Human studies also suggest that the cumulative effects of physical or psychosocial burden may increase susceptibility to stress in later life, either through sensitization or failed inhibition of the HPA-axis, possibly due to glucocorticoid-related hippocampal damage. For example, retrospective studies have shown that emotional, physical or sexual abuse during childhood may not only increase future risks for laterality in language, anxiety, depression and somatisation, but even organic diseases such as coronary disorders, CVS, diabetes, CPOD and viral infections—which may be related to lifelong hyperreactivity of the LC-NE and HPA axes. Security Thesis! (2004, p. 268). Those effects could explain the central nervous system sensitization noted by Staud et al.

Raison and Miller found that excessive glucocorticoid secretion due to essay of evidence laterality in language genetic predisposition or exposure to long-term stress can cause hippocampal brain damage (2003), further supporting Van Houdenhove’s results. Raison and Miller are not the only researchers who see a genetic factor in fibromyalgia. Case! Staud posits a genetic predisposition towards FMS (2004), as do Yunus et al. (1999) and Pellegrino et al., 1989. Of Brain Laterality In Language! Van Houdenhove, however, points out that generational behavioral cycles, such as those often seen in abusive families, could explain some of the apparent heredity (2004). Most treatment of FMS is limited to network thesis management of symptoms. Various pain remedies, from over-the-counter medications to opiates, are usually the first line of treatment.

Muscle relaxants, physical therapy, and massage help some patients. Trigger point therapy and injections are another possibility. Many FMS patients experience difficulties in achieving restful sleep, so physicians commonly prescribe sedatives and essay of evidence laterality in language tranquilizers. Low doses of anti-seizure medications and atypical antipsychotics, such as Requip and on long term effects on children Seroquel, have been found to be effective in helping some fibromyalgia patients to achieve restorative sleep. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants and other medications that affect neurotransmitters help some fibromyalgia patients (Marek, 2003). Cymbalta, a new medication which inhibits both serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake, seems to improve pain and reduce the number of of evidence, tender points in FMS patients (Arnold et al., 2004). Acupuncture and biofeedback have been found effective in treatment of fibromyalgia (Ebell and Beck, 2001). Geography Coursework Percentage! Gentle, non-aerobic exercise such as Tai Chi and essay of evidence of brain laterality in language some forms of yoga may help patients, as well. Stress reduction is one of the most important factors in network security 2010, improving the quality of life for fibromyalgia patients (Williamson, 1998). Essay Of Brain Laterality In Language! Regardless of whether the primary writing paper, disorder is caused by stress or not, it is aggravated by essay of evidence of brain laterality in language stress.

While it is aqa gcse coursework, impossible for any person to completely avoid stress, it is possible to reduce exposure to known stressors and learn to better cope with those that must be endured. Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) programs are relatively new in the treatment of fibromyalgia in the US. In Full Catastrophe Living, Jon Kabat-Zinn defines mindfulness as, the essay of evidence in language, complete ‘owning’ of each moment of your experience, good, bad, or ugly (1990, p. Cbse Class Case Study! 11). The theory is that mindfulness can allow patients to reduce their reactions to stress, improving their ability to cope with stressors. In developing the capacity to essay of evidence in language step back and observe the essay on long term effects of divorce on children, flow of consciousness, mindfulness can shortcircuit the fight or flight reaction characteristic of the sympathetic nervous system, allowing individuals to essay of brain laterality in language respond to the situation at hand, instead of essay on long term effects on children, automatically reacting to of evidence laterality in language it on the basis of past experiences. (Proulx, 3002, p. 201) MBSR programs typically last from 8 to 12 weeks and include instruction in meditation, breathing techniques, physical awareness, and yoga. They often utilize journaling and group discussions regarding attitudes and thesis 2010 positive thinking.

While MBSR participation does not necessarily lead to improvement of the physical symptoms of fibromyalgia, it can lead to improved quality of life for essay of evidence, the fibromyalgia patient. It is unlikely that a cure will be found for security 2010, fibromyalgia as long as its etiology is not fully understood. Even as the of brain in language, contributing factors are identified, though, the are cover letters and resumes, complexity of the syndrome leads one to believe that it is unlikely that any one treatment will provide a panacea. The progress made in the last fifteen years, though, has led to the reclassification of the disease and essay laterality in language improved treatments, hence an class case study, improved prognosis for all fibromyalgia patients. Arnold, L. M., Crofford, L. Of Evidence Laterality! J., Wohlreich, M., Detke, M. j., Iyengar, S., Goldstein, D. Letters And Resumes! J. (2004, Sep). A Double-Blind, Multicenter Trial Comparing Duloxetine With Placebo in the Treatment of Fibromyalgia Patients With or Without Major Depressive Disorder. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 50(9), 2974-2984. Balfour, W. (1815). Observations on the Pathology and Cure of essay of brain, Rheumatism. Cbse 11 Economics! Edinburgh Medical Surgical Journal (Edinburgh), 15, 168-187.

Barsky, A., Borus, J. (1999, 1 Jun). Functional Somatic Syndromes. Annals of Internal Medicine, 130. Campbell, B. Essay Of Evidence Of Brain Laterality In Language! (2004). The CFIDS Fibromyalgia Self-Help Book(2nd ed.). Palo Alto, CA: The CFIDS/Fibromyalgia Self-Help Program. Clauw, D. J. (1995, 01/09). Fibromyalgia: More than just a musculoskeletal disease. American Family Physician, 52(3), 843-852.

Cohen-Katz, J. Master Dan Research! (2004, Summer). Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Family Systems Medicine: A Natural Fit. Families, Systems Health, 22(2), 204-207. Cook, D., Lange, G., Ciccone, D., Liu, W., Steffener, J., Natelson, B. (2004, Feb). Functional imaging of pain in patients with primary fibromyalgia. The Journal of Rheumatology, 31(2), 364-378. Davies, C. (2001). The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief.Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications, Inc. De Stefano, R., Selvi, E., Villanova, M., Frati, E., Manganelli, S., Franceschini, E. Of Brain! et al. (2000, Dec). What Are Cover Letters! Image analysis quantification of substance P immunoreactivity in the trapezius muscle of patients with fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome.

Journal of Rheumatology, 27(12), 2906-2910. Ebell, M., Beck, E. (2001, May). How effective are complementary/alternative medicine (CAM) therapies for fibromyalgia? Journal of Family Practice, 50(5), 400-402. World Health Organization. (2004). FAQ on ICD. Retrieved 10 August 2004, from http://www.who.int/classifications/help/icdfaq/en/.

Forbes, D., Chalmers, A. (2004, Jun). Fibromyalgia: Revisiting the Literature. Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association, 48(2), 119-132. Gowers, W. (1904). Lumbago: Its lessons and analogues. British Medical Journal, 1, 117-121. Gracely, R., Petzke, F., Wolf, J., Clauw, D. Essay Of Evidence Of Brain Laterality In Language! (2002, May). Functional magnetic resonance imaging evidence of augmented pain processing in fibromyalgia. Arthritis and geography coursework Rheumatism, 46(5), 1333-1343.

Hench, P. (1976). Of Evidence Laterality In Language! Nonarticular Rheumatism, Twenty-Second Rheumatism Review: Review of the American and English Literature for the Years 1973 and on long effects 1974. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 19 (suppl),1081-1089. Henriksson, C., Burckhardt, C. (1996). Impact of fibromyalgia on everyday life: A study of of evidence, women in the USA and Sweden. Disability and Rebailitation Journal, 18, 241-248. The Holy Bible: New Revised Standard Version.(1991). Oxford University Press. Jonsdottir, I. H. Aqa Gcse Percentage! (2000, Oct).

Neuropeptides and their interaction with exercise and immune function. Immunology Cell Biology, 78(5), 562-571. Kabat-Zinn, J. (1990). Essay Of Evidence Laterality! Full Catastrophe Living.New York: Dell Publishing. Kabat-Zinn, J., Lipworth, L., Burney, R. Beza Coursework! (1985, Jun).

The clinical use of mindfulness. meditation for of brain, the self-regulation of chronic pain. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 8(2), 163-190. Kelly, J., Devonshire, R. Aqa Gcse Geography! (2001/1991). Taking Charge of Fibromyalgia(4th ed.). Wayzata, MN: Fibromyalgia Educational Systems, Inc. Of Brain Laterality! Marek, C. C. Coursework! (2003).

The First Year–Fibromyalgia: An Essential Guide for essay laterality, the Newly Diagnosed.New York, NY: Marlowe Company. McComb, R., Tacon, A., Randolph, P., Caldera, Y. (2004, Oct). A pilot study to examine the effects of a mindfulness-based stress-reduction and relaxation program on levels of stress hormones, physical functioning, and submaximal exercise responses. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine: Research on Paradigm, Practice, and paper Policy, 10(5), 819-827. Mountz, J., Bradley, L., Alarcon, G. (1998, Jun).

Abnormal functional activity of the essay in language, central nervous system in fibromyalgia syndrome. What Are Cover Letters And Resumes! The American Journal of the Medical Sciences, 315(6), 385-396. Pellegrino, M., Waylonis, G., Sommer, A. (1989). Familiar occurrence of primary fibromyalgia. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 70(1), 61-63. Proulx, K. (2003, Jul/Aug). Integrating mindfulness-based stress reduction. Holistic Nursing Practice, 17(4), 201-209. Raison, C. L., Miller, A. H. Essay Of Evidence Laterality In Language! (2003, Sep). When not enough is too much: The role of insufficient glucocorticoid signaling in the pathophysiology of stress-related disorders. Cbse Class 11 Economics! The American Journal of of evidence laterality in language, Psychiatry, 160(9), 1554-1565.

Romans, S., Belaise, C., Martin, J., Morris, E., Raffi, A. 11 Economics! (2002). Laterality In Language! Childhood abuse and later medical disorders in women: An epidemiological study. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, 71,141-150. Sack, K. (2004). The Pain That Never Heals: Diagnosing and Managing Patients With Fibromyalgia. Advanced Studies in primary writing, Medicine, 4(8), 401-408. Schaefer, K. M. (2003, May/Jun). Sleep Disturbances Linked to Fibromyalgia. Holistic Nursing Practice, 17(3), 120-128. Schlenk, E. Essay Of Evidence Laterality! A., Erlen, J. A., Dunbar-Jacob, J., McDowell, J., Engberg, S., Sereika, S. M. et al. (1998, Feb). Health-realted quality of life in cbse 11 economics, chronic disorders: A comparison across studies using the MOS SF-36.

Quality of Life Research, 7(1), 57-65. Smythe, H. (1972). The fibrositis syndrome (nonarticular rheumatism). In J. Essay Of Evidence Laterality In Language! Hollander (Ed.), Arthritis and Allied Conditions (pp. 767-777). Coursework! Philadelphia: Lea Febiger. Smythe, H. (1978).

Two contributions to understanding the “fibrositis syndrome.” Bulletin of essay laterality, Rheumatic Disease, 28, 928-931. Starlanyl, D. (1999). Essay Term Of Divorce On Children! The Fibromyalgia Advocate: Getting the Support You Need to essay of brain laterality Cope with Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Syndrome.Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications, Inc. Starlanyl, D., Copeland, M. E. (2001/1996). Fibromyalgia Chronic Myofascial Pain: A Survival Manual (2nd ed.). Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications, Inc. Staud R, Price, D., Robinson, M. (2004). Maintenance of windup of second pain requires less frequent stimulation in fibromyalgia patients compared to normal controls. Pain, 110(3), 689-696.

Staud, R. (2004, Mar). Fibromyalgia pain: Do we know the source? Current Opinion in Rheumatology, 16(2), 157-163. Staud, R., Cannon, R., Mauderli, A., Robinson, M., Price, D., Vierck, C. J. (2003, Mar). Temporal summation of pain from mechanical stimulation of muscle tissue in normal controls and subjects with fibromyalgia syndrome. Pain, 102(1-2), 87-95. Staud, R., Smitherman, M. (2002, Aug).

Peripheral and central sensitization in fibromyalgia: Pathogenetic role. Network Thesis 2010! Current Pain and essay of evidence laterality Headache Reports, 6(4), 259266. Staud, R., Domingo, M. (2001). Evidence for Abnormal Pain Processing in Fibromyalgia Syndrome. Pain Medicine, 2(3), 208-215. Travell, J., Simons, D., Simons, L. (1999). Myofascial Pain and class Dysfunction: The Trigger Point Manual Vol. 1 (2nd ed.). Baltimore: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.

Van Houdenhove, B., Egle, U. T. (2004). Fibromyalgia: A Stress Disorder? Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, 73, 267-275. Williamson, M. Essay Of Brain Laterality In Language! E. (1996). Fibromyalgia: A Comprehensive Approach.US: Walter Publishing Company, Inc. Williamson, M. E. (1998). The Fibromyalgia Relief Book.US: Walter Publishing Company, Inc. Wolfe, F., Ross, K., Anderson, J., Russell, I., Hebert L. Are Cover Letters And Resumes! (1995, Jan). Of Evidence Laterality! The prevalence and writing paper characteristics of fibromyalgia in essay of brain in language, the general population. Arthritis and cbse class study Rheumatism, 38(1), 18-28.

Wolfe, F., Smythe, H. A., Yunus, M. o. B., Bennett, R. M., Bombardier, C., Goldenberg, D. L. et al. (1990). Criteria for the classification of fibromyalgia: Report of the essay of evidence, multicenter criteria committee. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 33(2), 160-72. Wood, P. B. (2004). Fibromyalgia syndrome: A central role for the hippocampus–A theoretical construct. Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain, 12(1), 19.

Yunus, M., Kahn, M., Rawlings, K., Green, J., Olson, J., Shah, S. Writing! (1999). Genetic linkage analysis of multicase families with fibromyalgia syndrome. Journal of Rheumatology, 26(2), 408-412.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -

China’s Olympic Crossroads: Bird’s Nest Designer Ai Weiwei on Beijing’s ‘Pretend Smile’ Ai Weiwei is one of China’s most renowned contemporary artists. As an Artistic Consultant for design, Mr. Ai collaborated with the Swiss architecture firm Herzog #038; de Meuron in designing the Beijing National Stadium, also known as the Bird’s Nest. But since then he has become an outspoken critic of Chinese government policies on civil liberties and other issues.

Mr. Ai, who is interviewed below as part of our “China’s Olympic Crossroads” series, lives and works in Beijing. Q: What inspired you in designing the National Stadium? Can you describe the design process? Ai Weiwei: The design concept for the National Stadium came from a complete “emptiness,” when Herzog #038; de Meuron and I were talking about the initial plan before we started on the actual design. Essay Of Brain Laterality In Language? We emptied our minds, which made it possible for us to find the network security thesis 2010 best points from of evidence of brain laterality, aesthetics and practicality.

The rationale of the structure, its exterior and interior appearance, called for a maximization and on long effects, unification of aesthetic functions and of evidence of brain in language, actual needs. The sense of totality was critical in the initial conception of the design. During the process, we were anxious and excited. We hoped to produce a language that possesses a unique form that is able to support many functional requirements. The entire design process was carefree and fun, it seemed very clear and what are cover letters and resumes, obvious, free of in language any obstructions of traditional notions. Q: Are you going to the opening ceremony?

Ai: I’m not attending the opening ceremony, I’m not interested in it, and I haven’t received any invitation. If I need to be more clear on geography why I’m not willing to be part of the ceremony, it’s that I think it’s too far from the spirit of freedom. I’ve always thought of this ceremony as a product of of evidence government bureaucracy, rather than a natural celebration and expression generated among free citizens. I feel that there are too many regrets in this ceremony, which could make me unhappy. Q: You’ve coined the phrase, “pretend smile,” as a label for China’s Olympic effort. Beza Master Coursework? Why?

Ai: I did say it’s a “pretend smile.” I was questioning whether it’s possible for a society that doesn’t have democracy to of brain in language excite the joys and network security 2010, celebrations of its people. And is it possible for such a society to win international recognition and approval when liberty and freedom of of evidence of brain laterality in language expression are lacking? There are all kinds of efforts under way that are means for stricter and coursework dan research, tighter control. When these new security rules and restrictions are put in place, how can one smile and essay of evidence of brain laterality, perform, cheer and pose? Q: What disappoints you about China’s Olympic effort? Ai: The biggest disappointment is that China has fallen short of its promises, which is, “One World One Dream,” or to aqa gcse percentage show the world a “New China, New Beijing, New Olympics.” I doubt there’s anything new here. What we’re seeing are the deep-rooted lack of of evidence of brain in language courage and confidence, and letters, the want for real happiness and essay of brain laterality in language, civil participation. Instead, we see more of inept management and a blind sense of self-defense. The Chinese society is undoubtedly bound for more freedom and democracy, and the Olympics are a great opportunity to show the coursework world our longing for, as well as effort to laterality in language achieve, democracy and freedom, rather than the opposite. Q: How can China benefit from the Olympics?

Ai: Maybe China and letters and resumes, its people will further realize that today’s world cannot be divided. China has common political, cultural and economic interests with the essay of evidence of brain rest of the letters and resumes world. The only way for it to produce wonders is to leave behind its ideologies, and to become a free society. Q: What would you like to see the essay of evidence laterality international community walk away with from the essay on long term on children Beijing Olympics? Ai: No matter what reasons, separation and essay laterality, rejection shouldn’t be an effective way of term effects of divorce political interaction in today’s world. Of Evidence Of Brain Laterality In Language? China needs help from the rest of the world, and the world cannot exclude China’s influence, nor deny new possibilities created by a developing China.

There are huge biases and naive judgments in beza master coursework, the world’s understanding of China, which comes as a result of historical estrangement of essay of brain laterality ideologies and politics. These biases impede today’s political and economic development, and primary writing, lead to losses on many fronts. The Olympic Games are a chance for the world to essay of brain laterality in language deepen its understanding of China — its culture and character — as well as the possibilities this country holds in this new time under changing structures. Comments are no longer being accepted. I don’t get it – here is this architect/artist who has this artistic vision – which is aqa gcse coursework percentage quite compelling, and he is upset, unhappy and disturbed at the issues in his home country, even though he’s designed this building with the specific intent of having his home country benefit from it. China has the Olympics and will learn and experience something new and different – as will the rest of the world learn and experience something new and different from China. How each interprets the experience can’t be determined now, but Mr. Weiwei knew in advance what his art was going to be used for, how it would be used and by whom; feigning dismay a week before the essay of brain in language opening ceremony, while being an apologist for the “differences” of his country is beyond ironic. Ai Wei-wei is master coursework dan research one brave man, and his words are a powerful reminder that even under a communist dictatorship freedom rears its idealistic head.

Bravo, Mr Ai! (I just hope that the regime does not take vengence on him for these courageous words in public and for essay of evidence of brain laterality, his courageous stance on human rights and the direction China should be going in…) What China really needs is a Chinese Gorbachev to stand up for freedom and dignity in coursework, the PRC. I believe he is alive now and of evidence laterality in language, working his way up the ladder and on long of divorce on children, he will soon deliver freedom to essay of brain his people. Might take another 10-15 years maybe 25 years. But this Chinese Gorby is at work right now. His name might be Li Keqiang.

Google it. As for architecture and master coursework, the Games, what’s with Albert Speer Junior, son of Nazi Albert Speer of the Hitler Games of 1936, why was Speer Junior chosen by the Chicoms to design the Beijing venue? It’s surreal, it’s chilling. Can anyone answer that? Read the full artcle by Nina Krushchev online worldwide today here: First, I’m in awe of Ai Weiwei and this stadium design. Essay? It’s one of the most beautiful, free and inspiring buildings I’ve ever seen! Second, I congratulate him on his stand for master coursework, rights and freedom in of evidence laterality in language, his country and his articulation of the situation which is sorely needed in the west. The biases he mentions are true and are cover and resumes, I’ve found that in of evidence of brain laterality, the last few weeks I’ve seen on tv and read more about China than I have in the previous several decades.

This fascinating country deserves much attention and I only hope that the Olympics will be covered in on long effects of divorce, such a way that increases our understanding. Of Brain Laterality In Language? You mention “naive judgements in the world’s understanding of China” which we all very much need to change. There is and resumes immense good will toward the Chinese people among many Americans but we all need to learn more about Chinese culture. I wish our president was not attending the games and lending his credibility to a repressive regime but it is essay of evidence laterality not surprising he would do this. I want to wish for case, the best possible Olympics.

May the of brain winds blow the air clear. May the athletes amaze and delight us. May the people of the 2010 world see a real smile from China. As a visitor to China in April I felt genuine warmth and of evidence of brain, excitement from the people in the street about the games. Most importantly, even if for just a few days, may we put politics aside and just try to enjoy the spirit of One World, One Dream. I’m not starry eyed. Darfur, Iraq, Tibet, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, HIV-AIDS, Terrorism, oil proces, global warming will be there when the games are over. It takes courage to speak out against the Chinese government the way that Weiwei does. Too often criticism comes from the Western world, while Chinese citizens keep quiet either out of fear or blind nationalism. China needs more leaders such as Weiwei to step up with educated protest. I am impressed by Mr.Ai’s courage and paper, talent.

He is few of intellectuals in China can bravely and honestly express his options towards Chinese governments and society. Of Brain? I think that is the hope of China. Ai Weiwei is yet another pampered self-centered artist mouthing his idealism in the hopes of furthering his own career. talk about thesis 2010 a fake smile – he is it. the olympic venue looks great and we should be wishing the best for the Beijing games of 2008 rather than listening to this hack architect. To quote Ai: “No matter what reasons, separation and rejection shouldn’t be an effective way of political interaction in today’s world.” By refusing to be interested in essay of evidence, the Games, it seems he is class 11 economics case study choosing the very path he decries. I thought very interesting, not just interest but more profound statements. dealing todays’ and future China. This artist’s opinion about China fit NYT’s taste. While I do not want to of brain laterality in language say there is a censorship, we know some reporters attached photos taken from aqa gcse geography, other Asian countries to articles with a soly focus on China. Either this NYT reporter could not “hear” the voice of of evidence laterality in language majority Chinese, or the NYT editors could not reconcile anything on the other side.

I would more interested to know more opinions from China. Why the NYT reporter sounds more like a judge making comments than a journalist reporting findings? The economic shadow that looms over the United States will overshadow any beauty of China’s architectural marvels, such as the network security Bird’s Nest; and the Olympics and China’s human rights record. I did’t see any irony here since you should know that Mr Ai has live in NY for at least 10 years and essay, i believe he has already been an American Citizen long time ago. He is specially involved in the landscape design part of the “Nest” and is famouse for modern sculpture. It’s not an apology, that’s the view he always holds upon Chinese government. Actually he escaped from the central art academy and cbse class study, went to US long time ago. RE: “…but Mr. Weiwei knew in advance what his art was going to be used for, how it would be used and by whom; feigning dismay a week before the opening ceremony, while being an apologist for the “differences” of his country is beyond ironic.”

Is this not the of evidence of brain laterality essence of democratic participation? Artists (and others) in master coursework, this country often participate in the process of of evidence in language government and society, yet also maintain criticism of it. This can be called the writing system of progress. Also, Weiwei states that isolationism, “seperation and rejectionism,” isn’t the answer to essay of evidence dealing with China’s problems in the world. He’s done something remarkable because he’s created something of value for the society, and thesis, this accomplishment gives him a position to be heard. There’s nothing (negatively) ironic about it. Perhaps before casting stones at China’s steps towards freedom we should examine some of our steps away from freedom. Do our foreign and domestic policy decisions truly follow the informed wishes of ‘we the essay laterality people’?

Are we still the ‘home of the brave’? The Home of the Brave. the eagle empire is on the skids. the eagle evil empire is aqa gcse percentage up for bids. the war payola plundering puppets know no bounds. like back room banker predator power pomp driven hounds. with chutzpah to the power of ten. are moving up the dooms day clock again. with a little help from faithful big (Ber bankie) Ben.

Sure they may throw us some bones as we loose our homes. while they buy summer Mc mansions with some shady loans. oh the chutzpah oh the chutzpah of of evidence laterality this corporate banker brass. who wipe their ass with us servile ants. while the geography coursework land of milk and honey becomes. the land bilk and baloney. the warrior whipped wussy class. have mortgaged the nation to the hilt. and are tilting windmills like a Vanderbuilt.

while the levers on the levers won’t be able to check. the long drawn out impending financial wreck. we soon may be able to breath a sigh of relief. while the eagle empire looses it’s teeth. I hope people realize that the very idea of being Chinese and the history we carry goes beyond the government or any sort of political notion there is. My parents suffered immense losses growing up during the heart of the Cultural Revolution, but you ask them today of their pride as a Chinese and their love for the country that they were born in..their pride, their hope, and their representation is essay of evidence of brain in language beyond anything.

The same goes for me, as an American born Chinese, my pride for the country where I am deeply rooted to what and where my ancestors have helped to build over 5000 years of history is unprecedented, unsurpassed, and laterality in language, of course beyond the communist regime..I see no connection, one has nothing to do with the master other. It seems to me that Mr. Ai has dovetailed his profession with his passion for greater human rights and civil liberties in essay of brain laterality, today’s China. What better way to attract interest to one’s artistry and ideology than create a forum for the world stage – a forum for China and the Olympic Games and simultaneously one Mr. Ai’s work and network thesis, philosophy. Mr. Essay Of Evidence Of Brain? Ai is not an apologist, he is an artist. Coursework? History reveals that enduring works of art are often inspired by the societal issues of the of evidence of brain laterality in language day, very often repression in one form or another.

Perhaps Mr. Ai is simply more acutely aware of the cbse case study ancient and essay of evidence, enduring tendency of some to seek greater control over others than many US citizens are. What is beyond irony is that freedom also includes the ability to take it for granted. Germans still use the Olympic Stadium Speer designed, even though the coursework dan research Nazis are long gone. The new Beijing Stadium (unlike some of the buildings in Beijing) isn’t designed in any style tied to Communist ideology. Although the regime will get glory from it, it will hopefully outlast them, and outlive its associations with them. This is very ironic. It appears that he knew at the very beginning how his art will be used and still decided to do it anyway. Essay? If he were a true brave man as he claimed here, he should have refused it in the first place. Let us not forget that Ai Weiwei does not take credit for the design and implementation of this Olympic venue, and he would be the first to admit it.

His actions have been solely as conceptual consultant in guiding the design that was completed by swiss architects. That being said, there is a large rift between what designers and artists understand as freedom in network security thesis, their practice and freedom allowed by political conditions. This building and the conditions for which it is built is a clear example of that. Your design was seen by many by essay of brain in language many more after the game. But you have shown courage to tell the world, the real feelings of dan research millions of BIRDS INSIDE THE GOLDEN BIRD NEST. I consider that your words has contributed more than the reports of many human right NGO’s. I think the building is essay of evidence of brain laterality in language lovely. When China’s own intellectual speaks out, it’s powerful and unequivocal; and most important of all, it comes with full of hope. Wei Wei, kudo to beza coursework dan research your courage! I have a hard time to essay of evidence of brain imagine all those smiling Chinese faces and sincer aspirations to be respected by the world community by many Chinese, mine included, are “pretended”. Aqa Gcse Geography Coursework Percentage? Communism must have some awesome supernatural power that I am not aware of.

I like lots points which he made. He is truly an honest and brave man. But I also disagree with parts of his opinions especially on the paragraph where he talked about the “pretend smile”. He said: “I did say it’s a ‘pretend smile.’ I was questioning whether it’s possible for a society that doesn’t have democracy to excite the joys and celebrations of its people. ” and so on…As a Chinese student who has been studying in the US for more than 3 years, I have such a genuine happiness and of brain laterality, excitement toward the Beijing Olympics, and master coursework, I am so proud of my motherland to have the chance to host this wonderful international event. This kind of enthiusiasm is NOT caused by essay of evidence of brain laterality the Chinese government trying hard to make us happy at all, but is caused by the feeling that I am a CHINESE!I think that I love China is only because it’s a country which has raised me for essay on long effects of divorce, 18 years, and that feeling will never be changed by what it’s government is doing. So will my attitude be to the Beijing Olympics. I don’t know where he got the feeling of the “Pretend Smile!” I believe truly in my heart that every Chinese, like me, should have a real smile to the Olympics, and it’s just because they are all CHINESE! I don’t think the essay of evidence “lacking of beza master coursework dan research democracy” which he mentioned will anyhow decreases our enthusiasm to the upcoming Games. Obviously his blog never be banned in China. I believe that he should not overstate the so-called “the spirit of freedom” and ignore the huge progress made in China. Many oversea Chinese collaborated with Chinese government and contribute a lot to ordinary Chinese people.

I do not think that only people at odds with Chinese government command the essay laterality moral high ground. I think most average Chinese people disagree with the primary writing opinion of Ai. The New York Times Olympics and Paralympics blog covers the games in Beijing from every angle -- the politics, the arts, the culture, the competition.