Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> The patriot summary essay

The patriot summary essay

Oct/Wed/2017 | Uncategorized

The Patriot Movie Summary Free …

The patriot summary essay

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
The Summary Of The Film The Patriot …

Caffeine Persuasive Essays and the patriot essay, Research Papers. Evidence Homework #1 Topic: Caffeine Preview: Every morning when I wake up the first thing I do after brushing my teeth is walk straight . to the coffee pot. I pour myself a hot rich cup of coffee to creative salary, start the day off. Summary Essay. On my way out the door I grab my go cup and fill it up. When I finally get to school I get myself another cup of coffee. How many miller grams of leadership mckinsey, caffeine do you think I have drank at this point?

According to the Mayo Clinic a healthy amount of caffeine for an adult is 200 to 300 miller. Caffeine , Central nervous system , Coca-Cola 966 Words | 3 Pages. Julia Sellman Neuroscience and summary essay, Technology Caffeine In America today, nine out of ten individuals consumed caffeine . Of Application. They were . most likely consuming it within either a cup of coffee, some kind of soda, or the latest energy drink available. The effect of caffeine usually lasts about 2 hours and affects the body in multiple ways. It increases production of acidic juices in the stomach, speeds up heart rate, relaxes muscles found in summary essay, the lungs to make breathing easier, prepares skeletal muscles for action. Addiction , Adenosine receptor , Caffeine 1038 Words | 5 Pages. Caffeine is a naturally occurring compound found in the leaves and fruits of certain plants.

Caffeine is found in coffee, tea, . cocoa, cola soft drinks and energy drinks. It may also be found in chocolate bars, energy bars and some over-the-counter medications, like cough syrup and slimming tablets. Caffeine has had a long and rich history; humans have been consuming caffeine since the Stone Age. Early peoples found that chewing the seeds, bark, or leaves of certain plants had the effects of easing. Caffeine , Coca-Cola , Coffea 938 Words | 3 Pages. Caffeine in the diet Email this page to a friend Bookmark amp; Share Printer-friendly version Caffeine is a substance that . is found in certain plants. An Unsolicited Of Application. It can also be man-made (produced synthetically) and then added to food products.

It is a central nervous system stimulant and a diuretic (substance that helps rid your body of fluids). The Patriot. Function Caffeine is absorbed and passes quickly into the brain. It does not collect in the bloodstream or get stored in the body. It leaves the body in. Caffeine , Coca-Cola , Coffee 1322 Words | 6 Pages. Introduction A. Attention Getter: If you drink some kind of caffeine on a daily basis or close to that often, please raise your hand. An Unsolicited Letter Of Application. Those . Summary. you without your hands raised make up a rare percentage of and dying term, today’s Americans.

An article published in the Chicago Tribune on October 19, 2011 by Julie Deardorff, stated that nearly 90% of Americans drink coffee on a regular basis. B. Relevance Statement: When asked if you drank coffee or another source of caffeine regularly, the majority of the class raised their hand. The Patriot. Caffeine , Chicago Tribune , Coca-Cola 1120 Words | 4 Pages. Speech Outline Title: Caffeine Specific purpose: To inform my audience about the effects and health issues of caffeine . . Thesis: Caffeine can have many different effects on the body depending on the amount of consumption. Introduction A. Attention Getter – How many of killed romeo and juliet, you here consider yourself caffeine addicts? How much soda do you drink a day? One bottle? Two cans?

More? How about coffee? B. Thesis statement – Caffeine can have many different effects on the body depending on the amount. Caffeine , Coffee , Diet of Japan 770 Words | 3 Pages. Isolation of Caffeine in Tea Introduction Today’s world is addicted to the patriot, coffee and tea for an easy wake up. Both contain . caffeine , a drug known for its stimulant properties. Tea, by weight, contains approximately 2-4% caffeine , and the average cup of tea has anywhere from 40 to 120 mg of caffeine (Landgrebe, 327; Mayo Clinic Staff).

According to the American Heart Association, caffeine not only stimulates the brain and nervous system, but it releases fatty acids from adipose tissue, and affects. Aspirin , Caffeine , Camellia sinensis 1429 Words | 4 Pages. ? Caffeine Addiction 1,3,7 –trimethylxanthine, also known as caffeine , is considered the most commonly used psychoactive . Papers. drug in the world ( Caffeine ). Caffeine stimulates the the patriot summary essay central nervous system, eases fatigue, increases energy, and and dying papers, improves concentration and focus (Staff). “When purified, caffeine produces an intensely bitter white powder that provides a distinctive taste in the patriot essay, soft drinks” ( Caffeine ). An addiction, is when a person ingests a substance, or engages in an activity that. Addiction , Caffeine , Coffee 1259 Words | 4 Pages. Title: Caffeine Specific purpose: To inform my audience what exactly caffeine is, where it comes from, the benefits of . Statement For Paper. caffeine and the patriot summary, the negative effects of on schizophrenia, caffeine . Introduction A. Attention material: Do you ever feel like you will never make it through the day without caffeine ? Is your first thought in the morning to get yourself a cup of coffee before you can even get your day started? B. The Patriot. Tie to the audience: I am sure that most of you do consume at least one form of. Brain , Caffeine , Central nervous system 885 Words | 3 Pages. to introduce my self first. My name is David Cho * Caffeine is used to provide a boost of energy or a feeling of being more alert. It's . often used to stay awake longer and many people feel as though they cannot function in the morning without a cup of coffee to provide caffeine and the boost it gives them. 9 in 10 Americans consume some form of caffeine regularly, making it the most popular behavior-altering drug. * Caffeine is a naturally occurring substance. It is part of a group. Blood sugar , Caffeine , Coca-Cola 884 Words | 3 Pages.

Computing Caffeine Informative Speech John Cedrick D. Balaguer BSIT 3 English 3 : Speech and Oral Communication Skills 1st . Semester S.Y. 2013 – 2014 July 17, 2014 1 of 1 Caffeine has been used widely around the world over on schizophrenia centuries, and today it is estimated that 80% of the world’s adult population consumes caffeine in one form or another. What is it about caffeine that has made it so popular? To begin with, one of the the patriot summary first characteristic effects of caffeine is its ability. Caffeine , Central nervous system , Coffee 989 Words | 4 Pages. What is the content difference between energy drinks and coffee and are they safe? There are hundreds of different brands of essay, energy drinks being marketed . and the patriot essay, their caffeine content per can or bottle ranges from just 50 mg to creative, as much as 505 mg (Weise, 2008). Energy drinks are most commonly consumed by people 11-35 years old (Ballard et al., 2010). Energy drink companies can say anything they want about essay energy and performance effects of the drinks, and while some energy drinks are banned in creative writing salary, some. Caffeine , Coca-Cola , Coffee 1993 Words | 7 Pages.

Caffeine Topic: Caffeine General Purpose: To inform Specific Purpose: At the end of my speech, my audience should . understand the beneficial effects of the patriot, caffeine , the negative effects and killed romeo and juliet essay, discuss what are considered safe levels of summary, caffeine consumption. Thesis Statement: The three areas I will cover in my speech are the for entertainment salary beneficial effects of essay, caffeine , the negative effects and death and dying papers, discuss what are considered safe levels of caffeine consumption. Introduction Attention-Getter: If you. The Patriot Essay. Caffeine , Coffee , Effect 824 Words | 3 Pages. note: A09-010A The quantitative determination of caffeine in beverages and soft drinks using UV wavelength spectroscopy Introduction . Caffeine is and dying term a naturally occurring alkaloid which is found in the leaves, seeds or fruits of over 63 plants species worldwide. The most common sources of caffeine are coffee, cocoa beans, cola nuts and summary essay, tea leaves and the worldwide consumption of products derived from these natural materials means that caffeine is one of the papers most popular and commonly consumed drugs. Caffeine , Coca-Cola , Coffee 1381 Words | 5 Pages. Teratogenetics: Caffeine as a teratogen Chase Palmer Fremont High School Hansen p.4 Abstract The purpose of this paper is to identify . the teratogenetic affects of caffeine in unborn children and the patriot essay, breast feeding children. An Unsolicited Letter. The following topics will be discussed: Risk of congenital anomalies, risk of spontaneous abortion, risk of low birth weight and preterm labor as well as, the critical period of the teratogen, short term and the patriot essay, long term affects, and the changing danger of the teratogen relating. Affect , Breastfeeding , Caffeine 964 Words | 3 Pages.

Paper Many Americans have included caffeine as a part of their daily diet whether they realize it or not. In fact, “ caffeine . is the most consumed psychoactive substance in the world” (Ruxton How is this instead ( Caffeine is what and juliet especially common throughout…) 15). It is found very especially commonly throughout every day foods and consumed mostly though through coffee, tea, soda, and chocolate (Spiller 200). Many Americans participate in the use of caffeine ; it is estimated that 90% of adults. Caffeine , Coffee , Drink 1722 Words | 5 Pages.

Extraction of the patriot summary, Caffeine from Tea Leaves Jaybee Balilea, Sharmaine Baysic, and Maria Anjelette Patricia Belen 3BIO7, Department of Biology, . University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines Abstract Extraction is a technique for isolating and purifying organic substances. In this technique, a solution is combined thoroughly with a second solvent that is letter immiscible with the first solvent. The solute is extracted from one solvent into the other because it is more soluble in the second solvent. Caffeine , Distillation , Green tea 1572 Words | 6 Pages. Extraction of Caffeine from Tea leaves Casinabe, Antonio Karlo,*Catahay, Jesus Alfonso, Cerdena, O’neil, Cordova, Robelle Department of . The Patriot. Biological Sciences, College of statement for academic integrity, Science University of Santo Tomas, Espana Street, Manila 108 Group 4 2MB Date Submitted: December 13, 2012 ------------------------------------------------- ABSTRACT: The purpose of essay, this experiment is to thesis on schizophrenia, extract the amount of caffeine present in tea bags. In this experiment, isolation, characterization and summary essay, purification.

Caffeine , Chemistry , Extraction 1896 Words | 7 Pages. Caffeine and Sleep • Sleep Topics Caffeine has been called the most popular drug in the world. It is found naturally in . over 60 plants including the coffee bean, tea leaf, kola nut and cacao pod. All over the world people consume caffeine on a daily basis in coffee, tea, cocoa, chocolate, some soft drinks, and some drugs. Because caffeine is a stimulant, most people use it after waking up in the morning or to creative for entertainment salary, remain alert during the the patriot essay day. While it is important to note that caffeine cannot.

Alertness , Caffeine , Chocolate 625 Words | 3 Pages. ? Caffeine and the Placebo Effect Plants produce caffeine as a protective pesticide, paralyzing feeding insects. This powerful . substance has been used as a stimulant for centuries. The use of caffeine as an energy booster dates back to letter, the Stone Age through coffee, tea and cocoa. Synonymous with caffeine , coffee has grown into a $70 billion industry with no signs of slowing down. It's a good source of antioxidants, a social atmosphere, and a legal stimulant. Summary Essay. Coffee drinkers come back for statement, more because. Addiction , Alertness , Caffeine 782 Words | 5 Pages. Sleep Deprivation Persuasive Speech. ? Persuasive Speech for Students’ Chronic Sleep Deprivation Introduction: A. Attention Getting Opening: Over the past ten to the patriot summary, twenty years, . academic demands placed upon college students have increased significantly, this has lead to an increase in workload and amount of time needed to study for a specific course. Today, college students represent the most sleep-deprived division of the population in the U.S. Thesis Statement Integrity. (Sleep and Memory). The Patriot. According to an unsolicited letter of application, Gayla Martindale, 63% percent of the students who attend. Caffeine , Immune system , Insomnia 1577 Words | 4 Pages.

Isolation of Caffeine from Coffee. ------------------------------------------------- Isolation of Caffeine from Coffee Date of laboratory work: 10/9/2012 . 5:00-7:45 Date of report written: 10/15/2012 Introduction: The purpose is to the patriot essay, isolate caffeine from coffee by using the death term organic solvent dichloromethane (CH2Cl2) that is also referred to as direct contact. Calcium carbonate (CaCO3) is used to remove the tannins from the coffee. Afterwards an extraction is used to separate the organic layer (bottom) from. Caffeine , Chemistry , Distillation 873 Words | 4 Pages. Coffee and Caffeine Related Products. the the patriot summary product caffeine . Thesis Statement: there are numerous side effects and health problems associated with caffeine . . Caffeine should not be consumed to “energize”. Many often turn to caffeine to help, and on schizophrenia, doing so will lead you to the patriot summary, become addicted to the substance much like a drug and and dying term papers, will affect many aspects of your everyday life. Introduction: I. How many of you have used caffeine related products to boost yourself in essay, the morning or before a major task for the day? II. Caffeine seems like.

Addiction , Caffeine , Coca-Cola 1242 Words | 5 Pages. Caffeine : A double-edged sword Introduction: Nowadays, caffeine is for entertainment salary well known as the most popular and summary, widely consumed . drug. Killed Essay. We can find it from foods and drinks, even many medications contain this substance, it is the patriot pervasive in our daily lives. Caffeine is one kind of rapidly absorbed organic compound. It is classified as stimulant witch can increase alertness and energy levels for a short period of time (website). Caffeine can be used as pharmacologic substance as well, for writing for entertainment salary, example, it is. Abortion , Caffeine , Cancer 1430 Words | 5 Pages. The truth about caffeine How many of you here consider yourself caffeine addicts? How much coffee do you drink a day?

One . cup? Two cups? More? If you crave caffeine to get you through the the patriot summary day, you're not alone. About 68% of Americans say they're hooked on leadership essay coffee this year, compared with 64% last year, according to the National Coffee Association. Essay. But of thesis statement, course, Caffeine and essay, related compounds are found not only in coffee, but also in death and dying term, tea, soft drinks, and chocolate. Most.

Addiction , Caffeine , Camellia sinensis 751 Words | 3 Pages. ?Introduction to summary, Public Speaking Persuasive Speech Title: Don’t Drink Your Energy Purpose Statement: To persuade people to not drink energy . drinks Thesis Statement: Today I am here to persuade you not to drink energy drinks INTRODUCTION I. We’ve all have probably had an energy drink at some point II. CNN Study shows 50% students, drink one to four a month III. Many don’t pay attention or know short and long term effects IV. The concept of downing energy drinks among college students V. Thesis. Writing For Entertainment Salary. Caffeine , Coca-Cola , Coffee 621 Words | 4 Pages. Neuropsychiatric Effects of Caffeine. Neuropsychiatric effects of caffeine Abstract Psychiatrists rarely enquire about caffeine intake when assessing patients. This . may lead to a failure to the patriot, identify caffeine -related problems and offer appropriate interventions. Leadership. Excessive caffeine ingestion leads to summary, symptoms that overlap with those of many psychiatric disorders. Caffeine is implicated in the exacerbation of anxiety and sleep disorders, and people with eating disorders often misuse it.

It antagonises adenosine receptors, which may potentiate. Anxiety , Anxiety disorder , Caffeine 2094 Words | 6 Pages. Caffeine and its effects on the human body. consume caffeine every day of the year. Caffeine is the ingredient that makes the public crave coffee, soda, chocolate and many . other caffeine -carrying products. Americans consume about creative 45 million pounds of caffeine each year. In the United States, coffee drinkers drink an average of the patriot, 2.6 cups per day. Total caffeine intake for creative writing salary, coffee drinkers was 363.5 mg per day - this includes caffeine from coffee and other sources like soft drinks, food and drugs. Non-coffee drinkers get plenty of caffeine as well. Caffeine , Coffea , Coffea arabica 1437 Words | 4 Pages. ?Rachel DeLaune CMST 2060 Caffeine Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about the history of caffeine , how the body . processes caffeine , and possible side effects of excessive caffeine consumption.

Central Idea: Caffeine has been around for centuries and has been used for summary essay, it energizing effects on the body . Introduction I. It’s the night before your chemistry exam and for paper, you decide to essay, learn three weeks worth of material in thesis, one night. II. When 1:30 comes around and summary, you can feel your eyes starting. Boston Tea Party , Caffeine , Coffea 893 Words | 5 Pages. Caffeine and Its Effects on thesis integrity Your Brain. Caffeine is a drug that helps people stay awake or alert. It is also known as trimethylxanthine, a naturally occurring chemical stimulant. The . The Patriot Essay. formula for caffeine is C8H10N4O2. Letter. It shares several traits with famous drugs like amphetamines, cocaine and heroin. It uses the same biochemical mechanisms as these drugs to stimulate brain function.

Caffeine has its benefits, but it also has several draw backs. In this paper, we will explore these and come up with an answer to “is it worth it?” Adenosine. Adenosine triphosphate , Brain , Caffeine 1430 Words | 4 Pages. The Effect of Caffeine on Plant Growth. Effec | Effect of caffeine on plant growth | Description This science fair project was performed to find out the effect on plant growth of . adding caffeine to the patriot, the soil. The experiment was done by essay, using mung bean plants and watering them daily with water, water mixed with caffeine and with a coffee mixture. Hypothesis The mung beans watered using the coffee mixture will grow the summary fastest. Of Application. Overview Caffeine and plant growth The effect of summary essay, adding caffeine to for academic integrity, the soil and its effect on plant.

Bean , Caffeine , Fern 826 Words | 4 Pages. The Patriot. Amount of caffeine in what romeo essay, team samples. ?Determination of the patriot essay, Caffeine in Tea Samples CONTENTS 1. 1. Introduction 2. 2. Leadership Essay Mckinsey. Theory 3. 3. The Patriot Summary Essay. Uses of Caffeine 4. 4. . Effects of Caffeine 5. 5. Procedure 6. 6. Observations 7. 7. Result INTRODUCTION Tea is the most commonly and widely used soft beverage in for academic integrity, the household. It acts as a stimulant for central nervous system and skeletal muscles. That is why tea removes fatigue, tiredness and headache. It also increases the capacity of thinking. It is also used for lowering body temperature. Caffeine , Camellia sinensis , Central nervous system 901 Words | 4 Pages.

The affect of Caffeine on pulse rate. ? Caffeine write up Caffeine is the patriot a stimulant Stimulants are a class of drug that boosts, alternates and leadership, increases your energy . levels and they activity of the nervous system. The Patriot Essay. Caffeine is in drinks, such as; Coca-Cola, tea and coffee, these are called caffeinated drinks. Caffeine is not normally recognised as a drug to most. Caffeine has an effect on your heart rate, (this is how fact your hear beats) Caffeine is able to change the way your body and thesis statement integrity, mind works Chocolate is summary essay known to. Caffeine , Cardiology , Coffee 1635 Words | 7 Pages. driving or even worse ? got caught sleeping in class? These instances could have been prevented by doing what 90% of Americans do every day ? by consuming . CAFFEINE . If anyone here feels you can't make it though your day without a cup of coffee, you are probably addicted to it (I'll discuss more on that later).

Here's an interesting fact: both words caffeine and coffee are derived from the Arabic word QAHWEH. The origins of the words reflect the spread of the beverage into Europe through Arabia and Turkey. Addiction , Caffeine , Coffee 1191 Words | 4 Pages. Daniel Kim 12-3-12 HBS, period 1 Reaction time experiment Caffeine and Reaction Time 1) Identify the an unsolicited letter Problem or Question How does . the summary consumption of caffeine affect the reaction time of the nervous system? 2) Introduction Purpose of the experiment: To identify the whether or not caffeine increases or decreases the an unsolicited reaction time of the nervous system. In our experiment, we have decided to use all the “cases” which will test how fast a signal from our brain will be sent to our. Caffeine , Coffee , Experiment 1286 Words | 5 Pages. Summary. Extraction and Sublimation of Caffeine. Sublimation of Caffeine from Tea Leaves By: Ashley Barnes CH 236 – P8 Experiment 4 4.5 Due: 10/15/2014 Table 1. And Dying Term. Table of summary essay, . Reagents Discussion The extraction yield refers to essay mckinsey, the percent of caffeine in the tea leaves at summary essay, start of the extraction experiment.

Tea leaves had 0.55 grams of letter of application, mass per eight ounce serving. The weight of the extracted crude caffeine was 0.264 grams. Therefore, the extraction yield was 48%. The Patriot Essay. This means that we pulled out writing for entertainment, almost half of the caffeine in tea leaves. Summary Essay. Caffeine , Extraction , Gas 906 Words | 5 Pages. Well we aren’t alone; according to Villanova Health Service about 90 percent of Americans consume caffeine in one way or another every single . day.

Transition: So what is caffeine you generally think of it in, Coffee, tea, soda, and chocolate, and its part of almost all college students daily diet. I. Caffeine A. What is caffeine 1. According to thesis statement for paper on schizophrenia, the Merriam-Webster dictionary caffeine is defined as a bitter alkaloid C8H10N4O2 (not that any of you care) found especially in coffee. Summary. Brain , Caffeine , Coffee 642 Words | 3 Pages. Romeo And Juliet. Christian O. Zipagang, Lance Harvey O. PROBLEM: How Caffeine affects a Gold-fish Chapter 1: The Problem and Its Background * . Background of the Study * Caffeine is becoming a common chemical found in the environment but, little research has been done to understand the environmental effects of caffeine , including dissolved caffeine in aquatic systems. The goal of this research study was to begin to the patriot essay, understand how caffeine may interact with aquatic environment, using the bacteria.

Bacteria , Caffeine , Coffea 967 Words | 5 Pages. interesting than the Pepsi bottles. Coca-Cola is statement integrity a very unique and different beverage compared to summary essay, Pepsi. Although the thesis integrity ingredients are somewhat . similar, the two drinks have a distinguished taste. The Patriot Summary Essay. They both contain carbonated water, sugar, caffeine , and natural flavorings. The two drinks are also competitive in the financial sides. Coca-Cola has a current market share of death, 42 percent where as Pepsi has a market share of 31 percent.

The annual revenue of Coke is about 35.2 billion compared. The Patriot. Caffeine , Coca-Cola , Cola 1324 Words | 4 Pages. Does caffeine affect heart rate? Background Information: Caffeine is a bitter white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that acts . as a psychoactive stimulant drug. What Killed Romeo And Juliet. A German chemist, Friedrich Ferdinand Runge, discovered it in summary, 1819. Statement For Paper. Plants produce caffeine as an insecticide. Essay. It is found in thesis for academic, varying quantities in the beans, leaves, and fruit of over essay 60 plants, where it acts as a natural pesticide that paralyses and kills certain insects feeding on the plants. Cocoa in South America, coffee in Africa. Statement For Paper On Schizophrenia. Ambulatory blood pressure , Blood pressure , Caffeine 1573 Words | 6 Pages. of Submission: November 28, 2012 Experiment No. 1 ISOLATION OF CAFFEINE FROM TEA I. Summary. Introduction Caffeine is a . very common substance and is found in coffee, tea, soft drinks, chocolate, and stay-awake pills such as Vivarin. It can be synthesized or isolated from letter natural sources.

Caffeine constitutes approximately 4% of the patriot summary, tea and coffee leaves, and is also found in cola nuts and cacao beans. Caffeine is a member of the an unsolicited letter of application class of compounds organic chemists call alkaloids. Essay. Alkaloids. Caffeine , Distillation , Evaporation 1380 Words | 5 Pages. Extraction of Caffeine from Tea Leaves.

Extraction of Caffeine from Tea Leaves Department of what killed and juliet, Biological Sciences, College of Science University of essay, Santo Tomas Espana, Manila, . 1028 ABSTRACT: Caffeine is thesis for paper on schizophrenia a white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that acts as a stimulant drug. The Patriot. Caffeine is found in varying quantities in the seeds, leaves, and fruit of thesis statement for paper on schizophrenia, some plants. The Patriot Summary. It is most commonly consumed by killed and juliet essay, humans in infusions extracted from the seed of the coffee plant and the leaves of the tea bush, as well as from various foods and drinks containing. Caffeine , Chemistry , Melting point 1526 Words | 5 Pages. Summary. Extraction of Caffeine from Thea Sinensis. Extraction of Caffeine from leadership essay Lipton Yellow Label Teal Leaves Arlie Bamiano, Jealine Bernabe, Petrenne Caimbon*, Jhia Caso Department of . Summary. Biology, University of Santo Tomas Abstract In order to extract pure caffeine from what romeo essay Lipton Yellow Label tea leaves, several extractions and phase transition techniques were employed to 6.5029 grams of sample. Initially, the tea leaves were boiled in water to extract tea from the the patriot summary essay leaves (Solid-Liquid Extraction). After extracting the death term tea, several steps of.

Caffeine , Green tea , Laboratory glassware 1592 Words | 7 Pages. Isolation of caffeine from the patriot tea leave. Isolation of caffeine from tea leave Abstract:- Introduction:- Caffeine is probably the most commonly used addictive drug. Essay Mckinsey. . This drug is found in a number of things ingested by people. Summary. It belongs to a group of nitrogen bases called purines. What And Juliet. Because caffeine possesses these base-like properties, it is described as an alkaloid. They usually taste bitter and the patriot summary essay, often are physiologically active in humans. The structure of caffeine is shown below.

Figure 1: Structure of Caffeine In this experiment. Caffeine , Chemical substance , Chemistry 699 Words | 2 Pages. Extraction of mckinsey, Caffeine from essay Tea Leaves. Extraction of Caffeine from Tealeaves Perez, Albert Solomon K.*; Quiambao, Marie Angela C;.Pascua, Hanna Harriette R.; Patricio, Maria Roxanne . DC.; 2-Chemistry, Department of essay, Chemistry, College of Science University of Santo Tomas Espana St., 1015, Manila Abstract Caffeine is soluble in both water and organic solvents, solid-liquid extraction and summary essay, liquid-liquid extraction were used in the experimentation process. Caffeine was extracted using hot water, however, due to its.

Caffeine , Camellia sinensis , Green tea 1798 Words | 7 Pages. Effects of thesis statement for paper on schizophrenia, Caffeine After Cardiovascular Exercise. establish a correlation between caffeine intake and the effects it has on summary essay both the pulse and respiration rates of an individual after . undergoing moderate-intense cardiovascular exercise. Caffeine itself is one of the an unsolicited letter most heavily consumed drugs on the planet; it is estimated that over 90% of Americans consume caffeine daily (Richard Lovett, 2005, New Scientist iss. 2518) and the patriot, is the most widely used stimulant in the world (Arcerio, P, Ormsbee, J, 2009, pg. 1). Caffeine stimulates the brain and thesis for paper on schizophrenia, behaviour. Alternative hypothesis , Blood pressure , Caffeine 1577 Words | 6 Pages. Extraction of Caffeine from Thea Sinensis. Extraction of Caffeine from Thea sinensis Abstract Extraction of Caffeine from the patriot summary essay Thea sinensis main objective is to isolate, . purify characterized caffeine from tea leaves. Sublimation technique was used to get the % yield which is 0.07%. The melting point of the standard caffeine with the sublimate is 229°C.

Introduction The active ingredient that makes tea and coffee valuable to humans is caffeine . Caffeine is an alkaloid; a class of integrity, naturally occurring compounds containing nitrogen and. Caffeine , Coffee , Green tea 1695 Words | 6 Pages. Isolation of Caffeine from Tea Leaves. Extraction of Caffeine from Lipton® Tea Leaves Nathaniel Camangon*, Kaila Bumagat, Franz Mari Burgos, Remigio Callanta Department of the patriot summary essay, . Chemistry, College of Science, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines Abstract This experiment mainly focuses on the extraction of pure caffeine by creative salary, multiple extraction from commercially acquired tea leaves and determining its purity by melting point determination. Summary Essay. A 0.02% yield of for entertainment salary, pure caffeine was obtained from 10.4978g of tea leaves (4 tea bags). Caffeine , Green tea , Liquid-liquid extraction 1966 Words | 6 Pages. Caffeine Extraction from Tea Leaves. Extraction of Caffeine from the patriot summary essay Tea Leaves Marc Tugaoen, Kristine Vanzuela, Rafael Villanueva, Justeen Wong Department of Chemistry, University . of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines Abstract This experiment has been divided into 4 set-ups, first was the solid-liquid extraction, next was the liquid-liquid extraction, then the sublimation and last was the melting point determination. The solid-liquid and liquid-liquid extraction were both done during the first meeting, the DCM layer was filtered and.

Caffeine , Coffee , Green tea 1390 Words | 5 Pages. Extraction of Caffeine from writing for entertainment salary Tea Leaves. the extraction of caffeine from tea leaves to determine its % caffeine . The extraction process selectively dissolves one or more . compounds in a mixture into an appropriate solvent. In this experiment, it was visible in the process wherein the components of the tea leaves were dissolved in two solvents, water and dichloromethane (DCM), with DCM used for multiple extractions. The organic layer was evaporated and the determined % caffeine was 0.12%. Furthermore, the purified caffeine was subjected to. Black tea , Caffeine , Camellia sinensis 2313 Words | 7 Pages. Caffeine Content of Food and Drugs.

Caffeine Content of Foods and the patriot summary, Drugs Product Serving Size 1 Caffeine (mg) 2 OTC Drugs NoDoz, maximum strength; Vivarin 1 . tablet 200 Excedrin 2 tablets 130 NoDoz, regular strength 1 tablet 100 Anacin 2 tablets 64 Coffees Coffee, brewed 8 ounces 135 General Foods International Coffee, Orange Cappuccino 8 ounces 102 Coffee, instant 8 ounces 95 General Foods International Coffee, Cafe Vienna 8 ounces 90 Maxwell House Cappuccino, Mocha 8 ounces 60-65 General. Caffeine , Chocolate , Coca-Cola 675 Words | 3 Pages. Isolation of Caffeine from of application a Tea Bag. Experiment 11b: Isolation of Caffeine from a Tea Bag October 12,2012 Purpose: The objective of this experiment is to summary, extract . caffeine from tea bags using the method of extraction. After the caffeine is extracted it is then compared to what and juliet essay, the nutritional facts amount per serving on the tea bags box. Supplies: Glassware: 1. The Patriot. 50.0 m L graduated cylinder 2. 150.0 mL beaker 3. 2-glass stirring rod 4. Letter. 6-test tubes 5. 2-glass pipettes 6. 2-50.0 mL Erlenmeyer flasks 7. glass funnel Hardware: . Caffeine , Erlenmeyer flask , Fleaker 1774 Words | 6 Pages. Extraction of Caffeine from Tea Leaves.

EXTRACTION OF CAFFEINE FROM TEA LEAVES ABSTRACT Caffeine extraction from the commercial tea leaves (Lipton Yellow Label . Tea) that was done is multiple extraction. 4 tea bags were used in the experiment; tea leaves were weighed having 8.5333 grams. The leaves were boiled in a beaker with 150ml of the patriot summary, water; the aqueous tea extract was transferred in a seperatory funnel mixed with DCM (20ml), done thrice. An Unsolicited Letter Of Application. The DCM layer was washed with 20ml 6M NaOH in the seperatory funnel; the organic layer. Caffeine , Chemistry , Coffee 1109 Words | 5 Pages. Effects of Caffeine and Nicotine on Lumbriculus Variegatus. Summary Essay. Effects of Caffeine and Nicotine on Lumbriculus variegatus INTRODUCTION An experiment was conducted to thesis, study and explore the circulatory . system by exposing Lumbriculus variegatus, black worms, to household drugs.

Lumbriculus variegatus was chosen as the experimental organism because of their transparent bodies and their simple physiology. Their transparent bodies help the experimenters to easily see their pulse. Another reason for choosing this specific organism is their body structure—large. Arithmetic mean , Caffeine , Coffee 1795 Words | 5 Pages. Extraction of summary essay, Caffeine from Tea Leaves. Extraction of caffeine from Lipton tea leaves Maria Gianna Beatrice L. Cancio*, Joe Mari Isabella B. Caringal, Rowena A. An Unsolicited Of Application. Chiang, Patricia . Deanne del Valle Department of Biological Sciences, College of Science, University of summary, Santo Tomas, Espana, Manila, Philippines Abstract Caffeine was extracted from Lipton tea leaves by multiple extraction techniques namely solid to liquid extraction and liquid to liquid extraction; the purification by sublimation and melting point determination. Three. Caffeine , Liquid , Liquid-liquid extraction 2197 Words | 7 Pages. Extraction of Caffeine from Tea Bags.

Extraction of caffeine from tea bags ABSTRACT Caffeine extraction from the commercial tea leaves (Lipton Yellow Label Tea) . that was done is multiple extraction. 4 tea bags were used in the experiment; tea leaves were weighed having 8.5333 grams. The leaves were boiled in a beaker with 150ml of water; the aqueous tea extract was transferred in a seperatory funnel mixed with DCM (20ml), done thrice. Death And Dying Term. The DCM layer was washed with 20ml 6M NaOH in the seperatory funnel; the organic layer was dried. The Patriot Summary. Black tea , Caffeine , Camellia sinensis 2408 Words | 7 Pages. Isolation of Caffeine from tea leaves. ?Organic Chem. Lab EXPERIMENT 11: ISOLATION OF CAFFEINE FROM TEA LEAVES COMPOUND PROCEDURE Preparation of thesis statement, . The Patriot Summary. Tea Solution: We started out experiment by weighing out 5.023g of tealeaves and 2.008g of leadership, calcium carbonate powder.

These two substances were mixed with 50ml of water and heated under gentle reflux in a round-bottom flask using a condenser apparatus. The hot solution was then filtered and the filtrate was collected and cooled. Extraction and the patriot summary, Drying: . Benzene , Caffeine , Distillation 1341 Words | 5 Pages. Creative Writing Salary. Extraction of Caffeine from Tea Leaves. The Patriot. Extraction of death papers, Caffeine from summary essay Tea Leaves Santos, Raphael, Samson, Nonia Carla, *Tabora, Brylle, Tan, Kate Michal Department of Biological . Sciences, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines Abstract Tea leaves are natural products that are harvested from agriculture. Caffeine , on the other hand, is a stimulant that has been shown to speed up the time of what killed, reaction, increase alertness, and improve one’s concentration. What we did in this experiment was to extract the alkaloid caffeine content from. Alkaloid , Caffeine , Chemistry 631 Words | 3 Pages.

Extraction of Caffeine from Tea Leaves. Abstract: Caffeine , (C8 H10 N4 O2) a white, crystalline alkaloid known as a nervous system stimulant found commonly in tea leaves and coffee, . can be extracted using the method of sublimation with the use of Methylene Chloride (CH2Cl2) and Sodium Hydroxide; both can repeatedly rinse the the patriot green (unroasted) coffee beans from the caffeine . Keywords: Caffeine , Methylene Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Anhydrous Sodium Sulfate I. Introduction Caffeine is an alkaloid of the methylxanthine family. Its chemical. Caffeine , Coffee , Dichloromethane 1191 Words | 4 Pages. Effect of Caffeine on Heart Rate in Daphnia. Practical 1.1 Introduction: Caffeine belongs to a class of compounds called methylxanthines and can block a receptor on killed romeo and juliet essay the surface of summary essay, . heart muscle cells for adenosine. In fact, it is caffeine's blockade of the A1 adenosine receptor in the heart that causes the thesis statement on schizophrenia heart to pound after a significant caffeine dose. Caffeine and similar compounds also inhibit a class of summary essay, enzymes known as cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases. These enzymes are, in part responsible for writing, degrading a stimulatory signal produced.

Adenosine , Adenosine receptor , Brain 1288 Words | 4 Pages.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
The Patriot (2000) - Plot Summary - IMDb

ny bar essay writing Look into the offices of the the patriot essay, baby boomer crowd and see past the neatly pressed suits, ties, and Botox injections; look into the time when their days were spent fighting the powers that be. An Unsolicited Of Application? Pressing the the patriot essay, boundary of known independence not for the gratification of being the letter of application, rebel without a cause but the the patriot essay, satisfaction of being apart of a movement. Now look into the classroom of high school seniors with their admissions letters and freedom in the midst. Stress levels at the all time high because FAFSA plus scholarships still have not met their “needs” for killed romeo essay the ever increasing cost of college. Blame it on the rap music, MTV, BET, VHI, and video games for the lack of activism from the college students. Blame it on the lack of morals being taught within the home or maybe the alternate lifestyles of the parents. It is imperative that the “older crowd” find a scapegoat to point the finger at instead of taking the blame and feeling guilty. Could this notion be the answer to all of life’s problems? For once, can the frontrunners in campus activism stand up from summary their pristine mahogany desks and open the eyes of “my people” and help us realize that it is possible to have the writing for entertainment, power to change.

I have never been denied the right to go to the school of my choice nor have I been told that this opportunity is not fit for my sex. I cannot fathom being told to the patriot summary, sit in the back of the bus or seeing my loved one sold like property. I haven’t had to watch the statement for academic, news and see a group of people being obliterated. For the first time in my sheltered life, I will have to go buy my own groceries let alone pay my own bills and the patriot summary, even that might be a stretch. I stand firm when I say, now is the time for change. Statement On Schizophrenia? I need the woman who marched alongside her peers so that she could have a fighting chance in the workplace to tell me that I am using her life in vain. I need that man from Atlanta, Georgia whose “Letter from the patriot essay a Birmingham Jail” was scrutinized in my AP English class to tell me that I have turned his dream into a nightmare.

The only problem is they can’t. Is it because the opportunities are endless that they are taken for granted? I am apart of the silver platter generation because the an unsolicited letter of application, Real World that I know premieres on MTV with a group of seven strangers. I challenge my peers to forego the brainwashing of the tabloid news to turn to more trustworthy sources. I challenge the essay, news media to statement, produce stories that lack superficiality and have depth. I challenge the parents to push your children and demolish the hands-off approach when raising us. The college that the 1960’s student knew hasn’t gone far. It is the patriot summary essay shielded from our eyes because the issues aren’t addressed. Campuses are priding themselves on exclusivity and competitiveness.

However many applicants they can decline can make the silver platter kids feel more honored to thesis statement for paper on schizophrenia, attend since society now salutes achievements rather than the journey that it took to get there. Instead of boycotting or marching, we set higher goals for ourselves and strive for perfection. Now the focus is on the individual becoming better rather than the group. We took one extreme and essay, took it to the other end of the of application, spectrum. Back then people lived a free life not worried about spending their summer taking an SAT Prep course or organizing a group to promote business plans but to actually embrace culture and create their own. Natasha Denson, a graduate student in the patriot the Prairie View A#038;M College of what killed romeo Nursing doesn’t spend her days organizing a peace effort for third world countries who cannot receive quality medicine not because she doesn’t care but because she doesn’t have time to embrace her career endeavors without a professional mindset. She is passionate about helping society; however her constant nights being miserable and studying will shadow the true beauty of the career she chose.

Who could be the possible blame for us “silver platter kids” overlooking the creative outlets that college has to offer? Are we less beneficial to society for essay not having the rebellious nature that our parents did? Or maybe would it be possible to accept the ever evolving face of education? To think that my generation is the thesis integrity, first to not undergo a life altering movement such as Civil Rights, the Holocaust, Segregation, or Vietnam almost makes me think that we are weak. Would it do this piece any justice as to say that we are a society that is no longer focused on the issues rather than self advancement. To alter that state of mind would almost be impossible unless those involved in the protests would come out of hibernation and the patriot summary, say that it is okay to leadership mckinsey, not believe in what is the patriot being said on TV. Most are even ashamed to share their humble beginning with their children so why would we want to even involve ourselves with changing our society. I mean who wants to take the reigns of their life and change the pitfalls of the government or better yet, the world. I have a more independent disposition than my mother but she had more fire in her heart.

Music had meaning and thesis, the news had purpose. People were respectable and children had manners. Summary Essay? This is my call to arms not to who you think is “my people” but all people to become lax about perfection and self amelioration. Parents, Stop worrying about your past and how the Neighborhood Watch committee will accept you. Embrace your struggle and statement for paper, share it with your children for the patriot summary they will never know if you don’t teach them. Don’t allow the internet and creative for entertainment salary, TV to raise them on issues that you should speak on. The Patriot? My peers, stop updating your Facebook status with nonsense and look to helping others. What’s the matter with college? To answer that, we have to understand why the ones who made it great accomplished what they did. Writing Salary? They were not feeble minded and scared.

They tested standards. They were not trying to find the fountain of youth because they had it inside the whole time. Now look into the offices of those students who went into hiding behind their suits and ties. Maybe once they accept who they were and the patriot summary essay, embrace it, so will their offspring. College as it was known is still there, it will just take that one heart full of fire to break the standards and the right struggle to bring it back to the forefront.. The Matter with College is Big Business.

The matter with college now is that it is big business, big expensive business. Every year they keep raising the tuition cost as if every year college students are going to become millionaires. Well I have been in college for three year and leadership essay mckinsey, I’m still not a millionaire. For such a high cost my college experience has been nothing but a wallet busting version of high school. You still have the test and the papers and the patriot essay, the teachers who either don’t know what they are doing or need to retire, but now that you’re in college you get to statement on schizophrenia, have a huge loan attached to summary essay, your name when you graduate or should I say if you graduate. The college institution has been alive and kicking for many years. And Dying Term? It is funny how the same ridged ways they use to teach college, they are still teaching today. I believe that the outside world has changed so much that some of that change should be reflected in the patriot the standard college class room.

It brings me great joy when I think of the ridiculously high priced college books. The amount of money I have spent on college books I could have feed most of Latin America. As if to leadership essay, insult you further students are given a fraction of the text book cost if they decided to sell the book back to the school. Many of my fellow students have decided to keep their books instead. Today it seems the college institution has become has become a fast food establishment of sorts, pushing dull unhealthy information into the gaping mouths of students and the patriot summary essay, then pumping them out as fast as possible much like an affluent home owner trying to stop his basement from flooding. Maybe when the U.S. stops competing Asia to creative writing, see who has the smarts students, then the American education system will see some real change. I mean the kind change where one does not have to go to an Art college to be creative or allowed to think outside of the box.

On a final note it has come to my attention that college student don’t know what the hell to protest anymore. I have heard more protest against programs like affirmative action then the the patriot summary essay, slaughter on Iraq or the starvation of African babies. It seems today that many college students have come to believe that society has finally become fair. That programs established to help many of the an unsolicited letter, people fighting against them are unnecessary. I cannot understand why the college students of today are so stuck in a dream world. Why are students more concerned about keeping a minority from getting his or her entrance spot than trying to keep their fellow military students alive or trying to stop the world from becoming one giant disease infested pool party (reference to global warming for the clueless). Maybe the matter with college is that it is over rated, out dated and unsophisticated.

Maybe the problem is that America as a whole has stop holding college up to a higher standard. Maybe the summary essay, crisis is that people have stop demanding that college is an creative writing, institution that expands the minds of students, teaches them the worldly issues that are truly important and the patriot, provides them an educational service at affordable rates. Only time will tell if America’s higher education institutions gets it right. Let us hope that we do not have to witness see high dropouts and low entrance levels before we see some real change. In “What’s the thesis statement for paper on schizophrenia, Matter With College,” Rick Perlstein contends that college used to the patriot summary essay, matter for three major reasons: it was a haven of intellectual and cultural self-discovery, a key to socioeconomic mobility, and a radical break from letter of application both high school and essay, the real world. Perlstein is correct in assuming that college no longer represents the writing salary, discrete experience it once did. However, he does not account for summary the fact that it no longer should. The reshaping of the boundaries of the college experience in no way diminishes college’s significance as an intellectual incubator or the means to mobility. College still matters: if anything, it matters more today. My high school experience, like that of most American high school students, was a far cry from Harrison Morris’ “they sort of let me do whatever I wanted.” Campus policemen in golf carts maintained strict discipline, and our numerous course requirements allowed similarly little room for deviance in our class schedules. I spent most of my time there watching the clock, as harried teachers tried to impart state-mandated curricula to an overcrowded classroom.

Given this experience, Harrison Morris surely would have counted me among the “profoundly uncreative” when I first arrived at Beloit College, a girl more concerned with the status of her haircut than that of world affairs. Leadership? Perlstein believes that college as a “mystic world apart, where 18-year-olds discover themselves for the first time in a heady atmosphere of cultural and intellectual tumult” is an outdated notion. What, then, can explain my transformation at Beloit, from a gum-popping, eternally bored teenager to the opinionated and curious woman I am today? Sitting in small classrooms with peers who enjoyed learning, tackling interesting subject material, and answering to professors who expected nothing less than our best unleashed my intellectual curiosity and summary essay, introduced me to a new world. Colleges that change lives are far from extinct. Despite the similarities between Perlstein’s college experience and my own, I agree that college has changed in a fundamental way.

College no longer represents the writing for entertainment, radical break from the real world that it used to. It increasingly “cuts against the presumption that the campus should be a place radically apart from the rest of society,” and we like it that way. Summary Essay? Is this necessarily a negative? Does the statement for paper on schizophrenia, entrance of the real world into our studies somehow cheapen our intellectual pursuits? I argue that it does nothing but enhance them. We are no longer content to spend four years studying, deconstructing, and asking questions about the world only to do nothing about our findings. We are not comfortable remaining within the lofty halls of the ivory tower: we are eager to test our skills and theories in the world around us. Our desire to do so makes sense in context. The Patriot Summary Essay? From the war on drugs to the war in Iraq, we have witnessed too many mistakes made by those who refuse to step outside the bounds of theory and abstraction and confront on-the-ground realities.

Colleges have responded to this desire, and leadership mckinsey, many have incorporated internships and other experiential learning opportunities into the curriculum. Given this truth, perhaps it is time to give the much-maligned “organization kid” a break. The Patriot? Perlstein and Brooks paint organization kids as overscheduled automatons, faceless cogs in the college bureaucracy that schedules students’ self-exploration. In their view, the creative writing, organization kid epitomizes everything that is wrong with the modern-day college experience. Summary? Perhaps today’s organization kid is suspicious to and dying term papers, the baby boomers because she appears neither radical nor alienated, and therefore hardly revolutionary. The Patriot Summary? But please don’t let her exterior fool you. The baby boomer generation is leadership essay now the establishment. The status quo students face today is different from that of our parents. Social ills like racism, sexism, and the disenfranchisement of the poor are no less pervasive than they were in the 1960s, but they are now manifested more subtly.

As our society evolves, so must our methods of promoting social change. Last year, a group of concerned Beloit students approached the administration, asking them to make a tangible commitment to remedying our campus’ lack of racial diversity. To be sure, small changes came frustratingly slowly, and the process remains far from finished. The Patriot Summary? However, the point is that they listened to us: dialogue between students and administration is possible in a way that it was not 40 years ago. Students are able to make progress towards change within the salary, system, before we resort to taking over buildings. I am an organization kid, replete with the impressive credentials. I make no attempt to summary, hide that my ultimate aim is to become a cog in the great American bureaucracy, for of application it is that bureaucracy that holds the the patriot essay, power in our society. Born into death and dying, a white, middle class family, I have been granted extraordinary unearned privilege.

I am a direct beneficiary of the civil rights movement; I am the daughter you took to work. I am aware of the great debt I owe society. For this reason, I work towards attaining a position of power where I can actively influence social change. In today’s world, I can channel my dissatisfaction with the status quo most effectively by “opting in” to the system, a decision that is summary perhaps incomprehensible to a generation that rebelled by for academic “opting out.” During the last weeks of our senior year, members of our Sociology class complained that we were sick of the college’s hypocrisy, the slow pace of bureaucratic change, and the sense of confinement on a small campus we had grown eager to escape. If Perlstein had been with us that day, he would have found ample support for essay his conclusions. Creative Writing Salary? Therefore, our surprise was palpable when our professor replied, “Every senior class has the the patriot essay, same complaints.” He continued, “Your frustration with this place means that Beloit has done its job. We claim to develop students into engaged, active citizens, sensitive to contradiction and constantly questioning.

The fact that you are now able to turn these skills around on us means two things: you got what you came for, and essay, you’ve outgrown this place.” That I was eager to leave Beloit College in no way cheapens my experience there, and it makes me no less nostalgic for the most influential four years of my life. Yeah, I’d say college still matters. Where Art Thou Oh College Experience? The college experience is not as necessary as it was in the patriot the sixties and seventies. Society has changed and we have changed with it. We, as students no longer need the embodied idea of college to be able to “figure ourselves out.” Because of this, students are no longer molding colleges. Colleges are molding students.

College is, essentially, a means to a career. Statement For Paper? It is just another step we must take, not so much the voyage of self-discover claimed in the 1960’s. The whole idea is to the patriot, continue to prepare students for the next step in their life. What Killed Romeo Essay? In high school, we are prepared for college. College…internships.

Internships…assistant job. The Patriot Summary Essay? Assistant job…associate job. An Unsolicited Letter Of Application? Associate job…etc. Reagan has seemed to have gotten his social-mobility community, sans the “noisy, dissident minority” (for that dissident minority is no longer present at every school, only essay represented at a dissident minority of schools). Colleges are paving the itinerate path for the young, eager minds of students.

But why on earth, you may wonder, would students allow this to happen? It’s because you don’t have to discuss your ideas with other people. There really is no learning what you are about, there is only finding your niche and sticking to an unsolicited of application, it. The Patriot Summary Essay? And how do you do that? The media will tell you, no need to papers, put in the patriot essay any effort. Want to support Bush? You’re Fox news. Want to oppose Bush?

You’re CBS news. Not really interested in Bush, but intrigued by Pars Hilton’s recent release from jail? WB11 news. Have no idea who Bush is, but can recite the thesis, names of every one of summary essay Paris Hilton’s dogs? E! “news.” There is no need to an unsolicited of application, listen to other people’s thoughts and ideas, no need to decide if you agree or disagree. All you have to do to find a friend is match your category. “What news channel do you watch?” If their answer matches yours or at least falls into a category you can conceivable tolerate, hang out, talk about how utterly the same you are. No match? Walk away, this person will only offer opposition (not growth!).

This niche idea doesn’t only attach itself to the news, that’s just my example. TV, music, people, everything has a genre, everything is categorized. Surprisingly enough, this categorizing, this separation, is largely caused by globalization. Everyone can talk to everyone who can talk to everyone. So how do you weed out the ones not worth talking to summary, (because otherwise you will undoubtedly be presented with the lofty goal of thesis on schizophrenia personally communicating with every human being in the world)? You find your niche. And in you’re niche you live. In the “old days,” for essay college students anyway, your niche was your college. Without this ability to communicate with absolutely anyone, your niche was limited to your physical vicinity.

This niche, though, was made up of people with different backgrounds and thoughts and ideas and death and dying term, beliefs – all becoming shareable within the niche. The difference is the patriot summary this – back then, your niche was wherever you were, whoever you were with, whatever they were saying. Your niche was physical. Today, your niche is more or less intellectual. Why bother talking to the person who lives in thesis statement the dorm room next to you when you can talk to people who already “know you,” already “get you” on your little wired-up PC. This is, of summary essay course, not true for everyone.

There are always exceptions. Not everyone has been caught by an unsolicited the niche wave, but you have to summary essay, make a sincere effort to broaden your horizon, to broaden your perspective, on statement on schizophrenia life. Summary? Some people do this by going abroad. But then again, I’ve known a few that have gone abroad with friends and only hung out statement for paper on schizophrenia, with those friends the entire semester. Summary? Same niche, just a change of scenery. Now it may be obvious that I may not think this intellectual niche business is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I’m not completely knocking it. After all, I am a product of the intellectual niche society. When my computer screen cracked and my dear friend of a machine went missing for over a month, I mourned my loss and grumbled about being cut off from the romeo and juliet, entire world. There are, in fact, positives to this trend. The Patriot Summary Essay? With these technologies, you have more options. Teens especially are provided with more outlets for whatever it is they need an outlet for.

You have more options. But with these options, people tend to limit themselves. When you have the option to have your favorite chocolate glazed donut every day, why bother trying the strawberry frosted? When you are satisfied with your niche, why bother traveling outside of its borders where strange and unknown flavors await you? The intellectual niche is letter of application not an evil of society (like global warming or Hitler).

It’s just an inevitable consequence of an ever-changing society. The direction our society has driven, the developments we’ve made – they have their positives and they have their negatives. Sure nowadays our college experience may not be what it was in the “glory days” (you know those days when people walked uphill both ways to school barefoot in the snow). The Patriot Summary? But at least if my care breaks down on the side of the leadership mckinsey, road, global communication, globalization, allows me to call for a ride and some good old-fashioned Triple A. As I said, society has changed, and we have changed with it. I may never have the ideal 1960’s college experience. But, in the same respect, those attending school in the 2050’s will never have the ideal 2000’s college experience (because perhaps a “classroom” to them will mean an online community of usernames holding discussion through VoIP conferences, not a physical space). And people like myself will sit around grumbling about the glory days. You know, back when college was college. A Shifting Focus: Collegiate Life from the 60’s through Today.

As colleges and the patriot, universities nationwide train the future All-Stars of the American workforce, today’s society witnesses a kind of intense academic focus to which past generations were unaccustomed. Rick Perlstein’s article “What’s the death, Matter With College?” ushers in this era of summary coffee-infused all-nighters and privately tutored study sessions with one alarmingly simple, yet valid statement – “College as America used to for academic, understand it is coming to an end.” Perlstein’s article poses one question to essay, the readers that is largely answered in the article itself. The idea that “higher education for Americans is more important than ever” explains exactly why college students no longer “lead the culture.” The pressing need for college-educated individuals has transformed our nation into of application, an increasingly competitive breeding ground of unflinching career-seekers with blueprinted futures. Forget “arguing night and day” over societal issues in the dorm lounge, today’s college students duke it out with a much less animated adversary – coursework. Essay? While escalating tuition rates devour thousands of dollars of their “hip baby-boomer” parents’ resources, students’ social lives dwindle with relentless course loads and creative salary, discomforting fears of the the patriot essay, slightest academic misstep.

There is little room for thesis for paper on schizophrenia error, much less imagination, when one pursues an occupation since America has embraced a Darwin-esque “survival of the fittest” mindset towards employment, where preparation seemingly begins at birth. From an early age, our students are sat on a standardized test-ridden merry-go-round of memorization and repetition. When they step off this carousel and into college life, should America really expect more than the “insanely uncreative” bunch mentioned in Perlstein’s article? Our “fill-in-the-bubble” society, as I like to think, has crippled students’ youthful creativity (what remains of it) while commending narrow-minded, “inside-the-box” thinking sufficient enough only for multiple choice questions. Today, the the patriot, Internet stimulates those students looking for a “radically more democratic and diverse culture” – those few who have survived the monotonous academic barrage of American schools with a tattered, yet malleable imagination. The World Wide Web satisfies a vast contingent of writing would-be “revolutionaries” reminiscent of the 1960’s and 1970’s, providing a safe-haven for the patriot summary all to preach their words via websites, podcasts, blogs, even videos. However, this online retreat has welcomed its users, including college students, into a mesmerized state of amenable seclusion while literally sheltering them from reality. The Internet, thought only to be opening one beneficial door to online information, has literally slammed shut millions of others in dorms and households nationwide. An Unsolicited Of Application? It has transformed our living quarters into isolation chambers, and sentenced us (or perhaps, it is more likely that we have sentenced ourselves) to countless hours in front of the computer screen. The Patriot? The tool intended to expand our thoughts works simultaneously to contain them, and with a tinge of death and dying irony channels our fresh ideas back into the receptive online community, enfeebling our chances of any impact on the outside world.

American society has single-handedly molded its own “Youtube Generation,” and has become reliant on a virtual world to quiet those unorthodox minds, those modern-day “noisy, dissident minorities” that may very well place society’s focus back on college campuses. This same networking mecca, with its AOL Instant Messengers and webcam-ready chat rooms, has effortlessly evolved into the universal hub of rapid communication. Conversations are initiated by a simple click of the mouse, and old friends are morphed into icons with personalized screen names. While college students make almost exploitative use of summary essay these and other now-commonplace conveniences such as the cell phone, American society sits intricately connected at an almost uncomfortable proximity. Consequently, the “radical break” provided by college in the 1960’s and 1970’s is now a subtle, regulated split from one’s high school days.

The era of the Sunday “obligatory 30 second phone call on and dying papers the dorm phone” to the parents has given way to the full-time job of incessant text messaging and daily checkup dials to friends at home. The “liberating moment” experienced by freshmen in college is still noticeably present, but students must now endure the steady pull of the the patriot essay, home front while they struggle to letter of application, adapt to a foreign environment. Students are no longer forcibly thrust into a collegiate chaos with self-reliance as their sole confidant, but instead babied through any negligible difficulty by the patriot essay a familiar voice at the other end of the line. Improvisation deserves no place in the collegiate dictionary, for the idea of “winging it” is much too venturesome with familial guidance on writing for entertainment salary speed dial. America once again has itself to blame for plugging up yet another outlet of innovation and ingenuity.

College students nowadays lack the “it” factor that set the muted liberal minds of past generations aflame with radical concepts and unconventional ideas. The trailblazing “trial-and-error” technique of the the patriot summary, 1960’s and 1970’s has taken a backseat to leadership mckinsey, the “tried-and-true” method of the patriot summary essay current college students, who seek only conventional solutions to mundane matters. Perhaps the phrase “no flavor added” epitomizes the stale lifestyle of America’s not-so-independent thinkers, whose own flavors of prolificacy may only be tasted with a return to the extreme levels of self-reliance seen within the college culture of the ’60’s and ’70’s. A less rigid guidance plan at killed romeo, student orientation paired with mere course suggestions throughout one’s undergraduate career (no parents allowed) may prove to be American colleges’ winning recipe for resurrection from their usual humdrum routine of churning out the patriot, uniform numbers of an unsolicited of application single-skilled robots. We could surprise ourselves by injecting a little ad-lib “spice” back into the lives of our nation’s next Great Hopes, and conceivably return colleges nationwide to the patriot, their merited central place in the broader society. As a supplement to my own and Mr. Perlstein’s findings, I offer these words of advice: Blur the implacably focused minds of letter our college students for the patriot a minute and turn the magnifying glass on America in death its entirety. Essay? Perhaps it is our society that should be in more of a sweat about plans for the distant future. One need not be a med school graduate to diagnose our nation’s condition: a lethal addiction to the over-regulated, ultra-competitive collegiate sport of leadership mckinsey career-seeking.

The disease coincides with a dilatory decay of the patriot summary essay creativity, where the remnants of ingenuity and originality escape into an online community or evanesce in thesis for academic integrity a herculean heap of coursework. The Patriot Summary? It is only when we break this time-hardened addiction that maybe then we will discover what really is the matter with college in the twenty-first century. In the sense that Rick Perlstien discusses why college life and college students are an increasingly inconsequential bunch of people to the direction of the nation, its politics and its culture, he is absolutely correct. As a current university student, I cannot dispute his allegations and this should be no. surprise. Thesis Statement For Academic Integrity? It is important however, that we all understand the reasons for essay this change between the generations.

I believe there are three overarching explinations for this; first, we live in an increasingly isolated society, second, college is no longer a unique experience, and third, the out of control costs of a. The “organization students” which Mr. For Academic Integrity? Perlstien discusses in his commentary participate in these things so heavily because that’s all there is left. The college experience which he describes has become diluted beyond recognition by isolated and summary essay, often dysfunctional suburban kids playing endless video games, watching Comedy Central twelve hours a day and drinking to get “wasted.” While this is obviously not universally true, it has so clearly taken over essay, Perlstien’s idyllic description, that in order to find that intellectual conversation, that spontaneous creativity, those like Perlstien must search out these experiences in these all-consuming student groups. This is of course a product of our increasingly isolated society, which is arguably a product of the first generation that grew up largely in the patriot summary the suburbs, and a result of new web services of our generation such as MySpace, Facebook, AIM, and more. Our suburban childhood has been the most coddled, homogeneous, sterile existence in the history of the world. The type of homogeneous isolated environments college students of our generation come from are so void of creative inspiration, and human interactions that students from these backgrounds. often cannot relate that well to other people, how to for entertainment salary, have fun with others, or just have fun with intellectual conversation.

This lack of creativity and coddled isolation is helped along by policies and infrastructure that require our kids to be bussed door to door less than half a mile to their school, that. create placeless streets and single standard existence across the 48 contiguous states. The MySpace generation is the most narcissistic generation in years, and it will has a profound effect on college life. The tools of the most recent Time “person of the year,” MySpace, Facebook, YouTube and AIM, serve to further isolate students from human interaction with eachother, and the society at large and are largely void of “spontaneous creativity.” Students are now spending hours of summary their day on these sites writing about term papers their most recent social gossip, or self pontificating, or IM’ing eachother, or checking away messages during that non-class time that so defined the life of summary essay a college student in Mr. Perlstien’s time. Is it really surprising that such an inward-oriented generation is disinterested and inactive in the politics of our time? While certainly many university students are interested and active, there is not a critical mass as there once was, and the population of disinterested apathetic students seems to have an overwhelming effect on the remainder.

This brings me to death and dying term papers, my second point: College is the patriot summary no longer a unique experience. In the essay, most practical sense, an undergraduate education is required for summary our generation to function in leadership mckinsey society, and Masters degrees are increasingly required for decent paying jobs in many industries. Often, students are pushed. into college whether they are ready or interested or absolutely not, simply because it’s the only route leading to the patriot essay, benefits, faster promotions, and the elusive “American dream.” The type of term college life that Perlstien relishes cannot be achieve with this type of student body. But the real importance of this is that universities have lowered themselves to this thinking. The institutions have diluted themselves to meet this type of demand, and summary, thereby now lack creativity and flexibility.

Many, if not dare I say most. programs of and dying papers colleges and universities are set up as training sites to summary, churn out thesis statement for academic, mindless soldiers for all sectors of our economy. It does not help that this critical mass of students who are so focused on the job at the end of the 4-year rainbow realize that their simple 4-year degree is increasingly worthless for summary their promised reward, and must continue on, collecting more dream-shattering debt. This brings me to my final point, the and dying term, outrageous cost of this required higher education. During my parent’s years in college, the late 60’s and summary essay, early 70’s, four years of college cost the equivalent of a tiny portion of an unsolicited of application his father’s annual income, yet now one year at his alma matter is about $46,000. Sure, there are scholarships out there but the truth is the patriot that being in college is a massive long term burden. The late night intellectual conversation and spontaneous creativity of Mr. Leadership Essay? Perlstien simply cannot be a part of the patriot the. experience of those who have to work every waking hour of what killed romeo and juliet their college existence outside of class to limit the dramatic effects such long term debt will have on their future. The Patriot? For an thesis for academic integrity, alarmingly large number of students and families, college is a survival game that has long term consequences which place limits on graduates years after completion.

Certainly everything I describe here is not universal of all college students, I am simply noting overarching trends in college life. The Patriot Summary Essay? This should not be seen as a commentary bashing my peers for their behavior, but rather a short primer on ingrained problems within our society which must be addressed together from many fronts, my final point being the easiest one to solve. We will need big ideas and brave politicians to death and dying term papers, help slow this gutting of future generations before it is the patriot summary too late for all of society. Morose in the Machine: Why College Doesn’t Matter, But Should. “Education is the path from cocky ignorance to thesis statement, miserable uncertainty” College! The word in itself represents a platonic ideal of success. And therein lies the problem. Through freshman and sophomore and junior years of high school, I worked hard sometimes because I enjoyed the work but often because I had to do the work. Essay? The gatekeepers demand their dues – strong academic record, high standardized test scores, extracurriculars.

High schoolers bob their heads in fealty; work all night finishing papers or labs, ensuring no slip will sully our GPA; pay obeisance in the form of test prep courses or community service; and ask in return only that we might attend a prestigious institution of higher education. Admissions officers with titles like “input control specialist” process applications, sort the grain from the chaff, wielding enormous power to crush the hopes of anxious teenagers with the click of essay mckinsey a mouse button. The Patriot Summary? These teenagers, socially conditioned to view college as an end in itself – rather than as a means – wait while admissions officers determine their life’s worth. Letter Of Application? Eventually the letters arrive, thin or fat, harbinger of failure or herald of joy. And the following September, millions of American eighteen-year-olds, free at last from summary parents, troop off for their first taste of independence. But soon enough our eagerness turns to sour brine as we are mistreated by an impersonal bureaucracy. Within a year or two, the term papers, motivating force for most is no longer “education” but rather “paying off loans” or “not disappointing my parents” or “having fun before I shuffle off into the drudgery of the real world.” Most 18-year-olds are not ready to decide our life’s ambition, and the two years (10 classes? 11?) we are given to decide our major is but a small fraction of what our life holds for us. It is absurd to ask a (hormonal, sex-addled, lonely, bewildered) teenager what she is doing with her life, and the patriot, no less absurd to expect her to on schizophrenia, discover it in such a brief span.

Some fortunate few – many in “hard” fields, the sciences or mathematics – are well-suited to the college environment, and it is these students we see hunched over their textbooks on a Saturday night. Most meander, distracted by the parties, the booze, the parents, the freedom – and they forget (if they ever knew) why they stepped onto campus in the first place. Information overload in the patriot essay this modern age devalues learning – Wikipedia substitutes for real research, as students feel too busy to delve into a dusty book and prefer the easy accessibility of the internet. We are receive advise, are told what to think, talk on cellphones, chat online, check Facebook, worry about money or sex or parents. We have no time to breathe and recognize our good fortune. And so we do not. College is a great opportunity best suited to students confident of what it is they hope to thesis on schizophrenia, extract from the four years they spend there.

College is opportunity – and yet all too many of us let that opportunity turn to the patriot summary, mediocrity because at 18 we have not the experience to take advantage of it. Only in hindsight do we recognize it for what it truly is statement – a gateway to the world and everything in it. Most of us are too busy fretting over loans, getting wasted or high, or pondering that most important question – what the hell am I doing here? We pretend that everyone should go to college, as though spending four years and the patriot summary, thousands upon thousands of statement dollars will transfigure wide-eyed teenagers to productive members of society. College should be open to all ready and willing to the patriot essay, pour sweat and tears into making the most of it. That kind of dedication is not present in most teenagers.

We deceive ourselves into thinking everyone should go to college because we think of college as an end in itself, a triumph of societal virtue. How often are we told of an unsolicited letter a child being “first in their family” to attend college? These stories inspire hope that America remains a society where anyone can succeed. But how many of the patriot essay those children, whose parents toiled to give them that opportunity, go to college and vanish into the bureaucratic apparatus, which aims to emboss knowledge upon puerile youth’s blank slate? The act of attending a university is not enough – what really matters is what we take from the experience, what it prepares us to do, how it changes our ideas about the world and enables us to statement for academic, bring those ideas to fruition. College must be more than a machine that takes naive teenagers and churns out reliable taxpayers.

Many should go to college – not at 18 or 19, but at essay, 21 or 25 or 30, after they mature enough to take their studies seriously (some will be ready at 18, but not most). They should spend some time in creative writing salary the “real world,” work jobs, have sex, drink alcohol, learn something of essay life outside the sheltered halls of thesis statement for paper on schizophrenia university before they move into the patriot, them. Letter Of Application? To get the most out of the experience, students should be ready to the patriot summary, ask tough questions of professors, poke holes in theories, take intellectual responsibility in a way that demands both self-confidence and statement for paper on schizophrenia, the ability to take a chance, to essay, be wrong, to look the fool. College should be about creative writing honesty – not just about knowing, about collecting facts, but about knowing what we don’t know and understanding how to turn facts into wisdom. The omnipresent, sprawling bureaucracy that administrates the modern university bears a share of the blame.

All too often, the college is run for the benefit of alumni and essay, parents – not for its students. It’s all about the money – wheedling as much of it away from for entertainment salary alumni and parents as possible while funding student activities that cast the university in a good light and hiding those which do not match its image away in basements or closets. Students notice this kind of marketing strategy, notice the the patriot essay, way administrators are never seen except to make speeches about how much money the university has raised – we notice, and adjust our attitude accordingly. If nobody cares about us, why should we care about the death and dying term papers, school? Academia itself is another culprit – many students struggle connect our professors’ lectures to the patriot summary, anything we might encounter in life. Thesis? Professors rightfully expect diligence from essay we students (which many do not have at eighteen) and students should expect certain things in return, chief among them the honesty and humility to admit that most fields are not bound by iron laws with right and wrong answers. Modesty is hard to find in the bastion of higher education, but its presence can never be harmful.

And students should demand more than facts – we should be given the tools to assemble, from raw knowledge, wisdom – a much rarer and letter, more valuable commodity. College should teach us how to think – should break down cocky ignorance and teach us to question not only the world around us but also ourselves. It should not be inaccessible to the patriot summary essay, anyone for economic reasons – but it should be closed to those unready to accept its challenge. Thesis On Schizophrenia? And if I graduate miserable, I should be miserable for all the things I have not learned, not because I foolishly double-majored in French Literature and Anthropology and can’t find a job to pay off $100,000 in student loans. What’s Really the Matter with College? College as America used to understand it is coming to the patriot essay, an end. Gone are the days of extemporaneous late-night philosophical conversations in monastic dorm lounges. Instead, colleges these days are brimming with kids who, rather than asking the for academic, fundamental questions of humanity, obsess about how they are going to fit into the economy after graduation.

This is the the patriot summary, sordid state of college in America nowadays. According to Rick Perlstein, anyway. But does his depiction reflect reality? Is there really such a disparity between the utopian college “city states” of the mid-century and college campuses today? I think not. A day before my college orientation, I drove with my parents from Fayetteville, AR to Sarasota, FL. After twenty hours in for paper on schizophrenia my mom’s white minivan, we pulled up to the bustling student center. I unloaded my bags, hugged goodbye to the patriot essay, my parents, and then promptly turned to thesis for academic, walk towards my new dorm and into the patriot essay, a different world. Leadership? As I neared the the patriot summary, dorms, the thesis integrity, melodies of John Coltrane and John Cage reached my ears from recordings blaring from speakers on dorm balconies.

Pungent marijuana smoke wafted by me in delightful spurts and barefooted classmates smiled and invited me into their rooms. My first week of college was an endless procession of dancing, streaking, partying, and the patriot summary, philosophical conversations. Quite utopian. The partying has subsided over death and dying term, the past two years, but the philosophical conversations have augmented in the patriot summary essay quality and for academic, quantity. I participate in ongoing discussions with my friends that run the the patriot summary, intellectual gamut: the and dying term, efficacy of the patriot summary democracy, the role of women in Roman society, the life patterns of sea hairs in creative Sarasota bay. Perhaps, then, my experience is not so different from Mr. Perlstein’s in the 1960’s, with his late-night intellectual debates at the patriot, the University of Chicago.

But then again, there are plenty of moments when students at my college must think about their futures. We have to mckinsey, decide whether it’s going to the patriot, be graduate school, a job, or the Peace Corps. Death? We have to think about money and paying off loans. Essay? But were Perlstein’s contemporaries in the 1960’s and 70’s totally unconcerned about these aspects of life? In order to mckinsey, find out, I asked this question to summary essay, my parents and an unsolicited of application, some of their friends, who attended college forty years ago. My mom, a graduate from UC Davis, told me that her college experience was liberating and enlightening, but always haunted by the question: “What I am going to do to make money when I graduate?” For my dad, growing up in southern Louisiana, college answered the summary, “What am I going to do next?” question for an unsolicited of application a little while longer: “You had three choices: go work, go into the military, or go to college.

But even if you went to college, it was geared towards what you were going to the patriot essay, do afterwards.” I’ve received similar responses from the others I interviewed. Evidently, college students back in the day were indeed concerned about “what comes next” and how to death papers, pay for it. They didn’t, as Perlstein would have it, all have an enlightening experience in a utopian college atmosphere that was unadulterated by the economic burdens of the real world. In this sense, perhaps the summary essay, college experience back then was not so different from my experience now. Rather than adopting Perlstein’s stark juxtaposition between college as it used to be and what it is today, I think we are better off highlighting the similarities: students have always liked to learn stuff and discuss ideas, yet are justifiably concerned about quotidian issues like having enough money to pay for expenses. Romeo And Juliet Essay? By recognizing this immutable similarity, perhaps we can discuss a more fundamental issue: why does there have to be this tension between learning for the sake of the patriot essay learning and plugging into the economy? I think the death and dying term papers, answer lies in summary Perstein’s critique of university bureaucracy. Instead of allowing a student to pursue questions and projects that interest her in an organic and individual manner, the bureaucracy attempts to routinize every facet of her self-exploration.

She has to accumulate credit hours, take required classes, declare a major, and keep up her GPA. Thesis Statement For Paper On Schizophrenia? We’ve come to think that the only way to succeed in the patriot essay life is to creative writing salary, display the acceptable numbers and check off the appropriate boxes. But is summary looking good to the bureaucracy the mckinsey, only way, or even the best way, to summary, succeed economically in our epoch of globalization and Internet? Last week I met a twenty-three-year-old college drop out who is an statement for paper, avid online gamer. He is also, as it turns out, the writer and summary, director of and dying a new Australian television series that is all about gaming. This young man flies around the world interviewing the creators of new games, filming retirees using WI bowling in their nursing homes, and edifying his viewers on the history of Nintendo. He has this show because one day he and a friend decided to make a pitch to ABC (Australian Broadcasting Company), and the company loved it.

Here is the patriot summary a young man with passion, expertise, some rudimentary marketing skills, and creative writing for entertainment salary, no college GPA or GRE score who is flourishing in the world economy. But this is summary not meant to undermine the importance of college. College is, after all, a place of high-density meme exchange between professors and students, and what killed romeo essay, amongst students, as well as a fecund space for pursing ideas and passions. Rather, this example demonstrates that ideas and creativity are central to forming enjoyable and essay, lucrative projects in an unsolicited today’s world, and summary essay, that university bureaucracy is probably just getting in the way. Maybe there wouldn’t be such a long-standing tension in college students between learning and papers, fitting into the economy if there were colleges that supported and guided students through personalized academic projects that the student is truly passionate about.

Fortunately, there are a few colleges that endorse this educational philosophy, and I happen to go to one of them. When I tell my friends from high school about The New College of Florida, they often roll their eyes. Invariably, they’ll ask: “So, is it really true that you don’t have grades? You’re telling me that you actually work one on one with your professors as an undergraduate? They really give you page-long evaluations of essay your work? Do you really have independent study projects and small group tutorials?” And the answer, to their bemusement, is always “yes.” Instead of plodding through a prescribed academic regimen, we work one-on-one with professors to pursue projects that incorporate our academic and personal passions. Our culminating project–the senior thesis–integrates all of our projects and romeo and juliet, experiences at New College. What is more, this kind of creative and personalized approach to learning prepares us for the patriot summary essay launching successful projects in statement for paper on schizophrenia the world after college. Rather than worrying about how we will fit into a pre-established firm or bureaucracy when we graduate, we are excited about the projects we will bring about. The Patriot Summary? I know I am, anyway.

The Freedom to Apply (in 500 Words or Less) By the time I had finally mailed off my final application, I held such a passionate disdain for the general realm of college admissions that I almost felt bitter towards my acceptance letters. I cannot deny that I was thrilled, even ecstatic, to send in my matriculation letter, but as I declared myself a member of the class of leadership mckinsey 2010 I felt a lingering contempt for the process that had gotten me there. I thought of the hundreds of the patriot dollars my family had spent towards testing fees, application fees, traveling to letter, visit various campuses, even the postage to mail off my nine–yes, nine–applications. It all felt like a waste. And then, I got to college. What a difference. What a change from the desperately monotonous three months I had spent at home post-graduation, teaching six year-olds how to hit forehands each morning and ringing up groceries in the afternoon.

During my orientation I found myself surrounded by over 700 students my age, all of the patriot summary essay whom seemed eager to socialize and thesis statement for academic integrity, expose themselves to new ideas, new people–really, a new lifestyle. As much as I had appreciated my public school education, nothing could have prepared me for summary essay the countless debates, discussions, and lectures that followed throughout my first semester. My classes, seemingly a confused, jumbled selection made by a confused liberal arts freshman, all seemed to come together in my Sociology class. As my professor pushed us to dissect the likes of writing for entertainment Marx, DuBois, Durkheim, and Mills, I began to make connections between the African Diaspora and DuBois’ passionate prose, or Virginia Woolf’s distressed realizations in A Room of One’s Own. I could not only the patriot essay feel that I was learning when I stayed up through the night writing essays or argued for my interpretation of a passage in class, but even as I walked across the quad to lunch, and creative writing for entertainment, became instinctively aware of the the patriot summary essay, crunch of a leaf under my sneaker: I felt stimulated, both intellectually and socially, in ways I had never experienced in my rural Vermont hometown. In my own experience, the problems I see embedded in American colleges may not be separate from the universities altogether, but their academic foundations are certainly not to be blamed. Statement? Rather, I see the problems rooted in the admissions process, which seems to clash entirely with the very spirit and goals of higher education. While the summary essay, essence and lure of American colleges is freedom of expression, of thesis statement on schizophrenia thought, of social life, and exposure and access to these newfound freedoms, the new nature of the patriot admissions seems to an unsolicited, be centered on strict guidelines and acquired advantages, such as ability to pay for and attend SAT classes, that are available primarily through access to money–a trend mirrored by the patriot summary rising tuition fees. The admissions essay epitomizes these restrictions.

A high school senior eager to pour out term, her heart about a service trip to Guatemala or to honor a grandfather may be told that it’s “too cliche” and that they’d be better off to write about something else–something more obscure. “Try to make the admissions reader learn something about you.” The catch is, it can’t be about essay something they might have learned about essay some other high school senior. I became disillusioned with my own essay somewhere around the the patriot, fifth draft, when my brother told me I should rework my entire conclusion. I nearly broke down out of what killed romeo essay frustration when I asked, “But isn’t it supposed to be my writing?” I had to stop before comments about “Word choice” and summary essay, “Evoke more emotion” completely concealed the leadership essay, ink and made my work an unrecognizable amalgamation of edits from my parents, my siblings, my college counselor aunt, a number of teachers, and so on. I gave up and sent it in. I also grew increasingly resentful of the SAT when a classmate told me that the number of words, adherence to the “five-paragraph form” and relevant historical references were all directly proportional to one’s score in summary the new Writing section. This only strengthened my belief that the College Board was effectively removing creativity and, yes, freedom, from high school academics. My Advanced Placement Physics class senior year, for example, had been called Honors Physics when my brother had taken it before increased competition had forced our high school to designate five AP courses.

As Honors Physics, my brother tells me the class focused on writing salary hands-on learning and used a textbook only sparingly. For one project he and his friends constructed a potato launcher and determined the physics of the essay, spud’s air travel. In my AP class, with the same imaginative instructor, the course depended on a prescribed textbook to thesis statement for paper on schizophrenia, determine the essay, topics for daily lectures and exams. Term Papers? I was lucky to pass the class as a dispirited second-semester senior, but not before I used two pages of the essay section in summary the AP test to death term papers, write a letter to the College Board, citing my dissatisfaction with the changes they had forced high schools to make in order to “compete.” On this point I agree with Mr. Summary? Perlstein’s assertion that the line between college and market has narrowed significantly over the years. What Killed And Juliet? But from essay my personal experience, I maintain that colleges–or more specifically, college professors and students–still provide an leadership essay mckinsey, environment in which students are invited to explore the new. One of the most influential college professors I have had implored us, his students in a James Baldwin course, to take advantage of the fact that while in college, “you are the most free you will ever be.” His tone was almost desperate; his motivation genuine. The Patriot Summary Essay? If colleges today have lost their “centrality,” as Mr.

Perlstein claims, in the American mindset, then it is not the fault of the universities themselves but of the bureaucratic processes that characterize their admissions. For Academic Integrity? Once we allow creativity and freedom to explore outside of our campuses, our students will willingly embrace the alienated radicalism that Mr. Perlstein so yearns for. Ironically, though, in my own college essay I wrote about my nostalgia for years I hadn’t been alive for, and pined for the freedom of rebellion I imagined in the patriot summary my parents’ teenage years throughout the sixties and seventies. My generation, I felt, was restricted by a more conformist culture that barred teenagers from being, well, teenagers.

In the end, though, I accepted this change so long as a basic desire to rebel exists–and I believe this desire is death and dying term papers alive and well on college campuses. The passage of time, and the changes it may bring, does not necessarily eliminate the principles and practices of the past. American colleges and their students may incorporate new beliefs and evolve over time, but they will remain what they are–a respite from the real world, a chance to widen one’s intellectual mindset and social experiences–so long as the processes that determine their student bodies become less impersonal and embrace this attitude as well. The Patriot Summary Essay? However, I do believe it is the student’s responsibility to for paper, take advantage of the freedom offered on college campuses, and to extend the tradition of radicalism behind his or her parents’ hazy memories. Hell, you’re in college! You’re as free as you’ll ever be.

The Lack of Collectivity and the College Experience. There are a lot of the patriot summary essay dead birds in Hyde Park. Death Papers? I don’t know if they’re on every college campus–they must be, but I guess I just never noticed these birds before coming to the University of Chicago. I’ve always been troubled by the sight of the patriot summary a dead bird; I can’t see one without thinking of their long-standing symbolic value of freedom. They are unbound by gravity as we are bound, but crushed, dead they are a freedom purloined. This removal of freedom is thesis for academic integrity a starting point for the transformation of the college experience from the 1960s. College cannot be what it once was; the collectivity of the college lifestyle has disintegrated to a singular experience in the patriot summary essay which it has become impossible to care outside of essay oneself. It seems that college campuses must be strewn with dead birds–the death of freedom has begun the the patriot, end of the significance that college once had. College in the ’60s meant freedom: no parents, a liberal environment, ability to thesis statement integrity, vote, cigarettes, marijuana, and of course, alcohol–all of this deluged upon the coming-of-age college freshman. Essay? However, now this latter piece of the freedom is gone.

One can no longer enter into college being able to leadership essay mckinsey, drink alcohol. Summary Essay? This sounds petty, yes, but in the quest to preserve the archetypical college experience, students seek to drink, which is not a very difficult task. However, the wayward outlaws of the collegiate scene must do their activities clandestinely. Shutting off the world from what they do to prevent being kicked out of the dorms. When one must remove oneself from the populous to maintain the ideal college experience, the importance of college is liquidated. College becomes a singular experience, a separation from on schizophrenia everyone. This singularity has only been strengthened by the technologies of our age. Facebook, MySpace, Wikipedia, they are all technologies based on essay the interconnectivity of humanity. One can look at the Facebook profile of his elementary school best friend while reading the Wikipedia article about thesis integrity Angelina Jolie’s children (which was updated by some stranger in, perhaps, Taiwan).

All of this while he sits comfortably, in his pajamas, in summary essay his dorm room, in another city, in thesis statement for academic integrity another world. In the singular access to summary, these interconnected technologies, the collective is abject; the physicality of death and dying papers anything has been rejected and replaced with ones and the patriot essay, zeros. It becomes apparent that connectivity is a form of false collectivity. And this is dangerous; to live singularly with the thought that life is in any way collective (when it is for academic only synthetically connective) we begin slouching towards Bethlehem. Summary? The non-collective form of life creates inward thinking–college campuses are supersaturated with students who can only live in one world, and that is his or her own.

As for the University of Chicago, and leadership essay mckinsey, other institutions of its caliber, this problem is only made worse by every student living inside of his or her head, thinking only the patriot summary about theories and big problems for four years. The inward thinking is statement on schizophrenia only then exasperated by the new collegiate mentality that college is the level of summary essay education one must receive to someday attain a well-paying job. Statement? Living with the false collectivity only continues the destruction of summary greater meaning behind the college experience. Though, I admit I love Facebook and Wikipedia and theories and big problems. They are not the only causes of the death of collectivity. The abject state of collectivity is due in part also to the lack of urgency in the time that college students now exist.

The draft for the Vietnam War is over, the murders of students on death and dying term papers the Kent State campus is the patriot summary essay too long ago, and there is nothing in our time that is akin to these. Vietnam and Kent State are in the AP US History textbooks; they’re not in our lives. Thus this sense of urgency to the life of the 18 to statement for academic integrity, 21-year-old has been removed. The Patriot Summary Essay? Immediacy is the last place where collectivity could have mattered, but without imperative need to act or speak or scream or protest, to even jest at the possibility of creative salary a collective mattering anymore is summary absurd. Essay? The only urgent event in our day comes from Virginia Tech. That is to say this horrible event, created by the isolation and excessive singularity of an individual, is the only thing left to fear. Summary Essay? Without collectivity, there is nothing to fight off this cruel alienation, only the further isolation of thesis for academic integrity individuals. This new alienation is the patriot no longer one group’s departure from society-at-large, but individual separations from the letter of application, former subculture itself. With no immediacy to the patriot summary essay, bring us together, there is nothing to be saved, nothing to matter. The individual experience has extrapolated out the integrity, ability to care.

The liquidation of urgency from the everyday lives of college students has made it impossible to care outside of oneself. The false collectivity and inward thinking of our generation has ended any chance for sympathy to the patriot essay, exist. W.E.B. What Romeo And Juliet Essay? Dubois wrote that, “the tragedy of the the patriot summary, age… [is] that men know so little of men” and it seems now that this thought, over 100 years later, has reemerged. Students do not know or care in the way that students cared about humanity in thesis for paper on schizophrenia the tumultuous 1960s. This faux-pathos of the patriot essay our generation attempts to borrow from the sentiments of the past, but they mean nothing without sympathy, without urgency. University of Chicago’s campus group Students Take Action Now: Darfur (STAND) marvelously shows this principle. Upon denying some students’ requests that the university divest from thesis Sudan, the administration decided to essay, donate $200,000 to and dying term papers, the Darfur cause.

In reaction to the patriot summary essay, this, STAND entered the administration building with a sack of pennies. When denied access to the office of the administrator to whom they wished to speak, one member of the group poured the thesis, sack of pennies onto a secretary’s desk saying, “This is the patriot summary essay what we think about for entertainment their $200,000.” This action accomplished nothing; it raised no awareness aside from students on campus who found the the patriot, incident embarrassing. STAND knows nothing about the people of Darfur. The action was not for Darfur–this “act of protest” was meant only to benefit STAND. The only people who can care anymore are those of us who congregate on apartment back porches and critically laugh at STAND. We are the back porch dwellers who drink and romeo and juliet, smoke and ponder these problems on late night ventures of the mind, and then write essays for the New York Times in some hope that we could change the summary essay, world or, at least, think about it. Death? We are the last possible hope for the collective, for the patriot summary pathos to survive, but we’re not doing well. Frozen by fear of failure, by the lack of a collective; there is only thought, complete inaction.

We know that caring has passed; we are the thesis statement for paper on schizophrenia, remaining collectives but too small to do anything. There are too many birds collapsing from the sky. Freedom, collectivity, sympathy for humanity have died. Essay? It is no wonder why college isn’t what it used to be–too many dead birds all over the place. Our human race can only achieve happiness if love reaches its conclusion, and each of thesis statement us finds his loved one and restores his original nature. -Aristophanes (via Plato) We are there on campus, somewhere. Look hard enough and you will find us. You know us well. There we are — walking to class, cell phone in hand, iPod in pocket, conversation in one ear, music in the other.

The conversation ends. The phone goes away. And the other headphone takes its place. We are not every student, but we capture an unsettling type. Summary? We are the thesis statement on schizophrenia, ones who cut ourselves off from communication, who isolate ourselves from those around us. We are self-creating, self-producing, self-consuming individuals. The Patriot? As we walk to class, we close our ears to the words of essay mckinsey others and plug into ourselves — into the music we choose and the identities we cobble together for ourselves.

We know the unalienable rights the Declaration of Independence recognizes — life, liberty, and the pursuit of the patriot summary happiness. In college, recognizing we are in firm possession of the term, first two, we devote our attention and energies to exercising the third, and summary, we do it on writing our own. The reference point is always the self; the guiding principle whatever we think will make us happy; the the patriot summary essay, arbiter of leadership decision our consent and choice. We hear the lament often–that we can see outlines of the isolated individuals modernity promised in ourselves and those around us. We who enter lecture halls, pull out our computers, and summary, spend the of application, hour not engaging with the professor’s arguments but instead immersing ourselves in Facebook, MySpace, ESPN.com and Google News, blinking at our computer screens, we may not embody Nietzsche’s Last Man, but we do suggest the Last Man’s deluded self-satisfaction.

Our actions express a belief, perhaps unacknowledged, certainly not self-examined, that we have little to essay, learn from the past and those who lived in it. Progress alone is our teacher. What we perhaps do not recognize is for academic integrity that this idolizing of progress and unreflective consent is limiting our minds, our capacity to the patriot summary, study the good, and on schizophrenia, ultimately our ability to live happy lives. The colleges and essay, universities continue to creative writing, serve a venerable purpose: beyond education, they show where we are heading and what we are leaving behind. The college is the institution where civilization can attempt to guard culture from the patriot summary progress-obsessed fashion. It is in the college that we can take the killed romeo essay, time to guide human passions towards reason, or at the least a more reflective passion. The fashion of our time is the patriot summary self-discovery, followed by self-expression and writing, self-improvement, and summary essay, this fashion is founded upon thesis statement for academic a conviction in summary essay the sovereignty of the individual and the primacy of consent as a good in itself.

The self-satisfied, deliberately disconnected students on campus signal that fashion is creeping over culture within the colleges and working a misunderstanding of the philosophy of consent. And we, the students–and the rest of the writing for entertainment, country–should be worried by the foundation upon which we now build. The individual who chooses to summary essay, alienate himself from society is the thesis for paper, logical extension of the theory of social contract in the patriot summary essay political philosophy, the theory that tells us legitimacy emerges from consent. Social contract theory was founded upon a philosophical myth, the state of nature, which held human beings to be solitary, distrustful creatures not inclined by nature to form communities or engage in politics. We know today from for entertainment salary science that this view of human nature is false, that we are gregarious, social creatures that come together in communities. We as humans are by nature dependent.

But the social contract theory remains strong, and the doctrine of legitimacy-by-consent threatens to bring about something remarkable. We students can see among us individuals taking themselves out of society and back to the state of summary nature. What was a philosophical myth is becoming an thesis statement for paper, unsettling reality. Those of us who believe that, through the doctrine of the individualized social contract, we are freeing ourselves to bring about the patriot a golden age of statement for paper on schizophrenia progress, are in the patriot essay fact making a tragic, paradoxical error. Self-satisfaction is a sign of stagnation. It indicates that we believe we already know what is best for us, without need for further reflection. Leadership Essay Mckinsey? Progress is not actually possible here. Consent and custom alone cannot answer us when we ask, What is the patriot summary essay good? Consent alone cannot answer why we should consent in the first place, and the philosophy of progress has ironically brought us no further on the question of how we should live. We are in fact more likely to be convinced that there is no answer, and that we should just experiment to find what “works” in this new utilitarian state of nature. We see this in college.

The tools we thought would bring us happiness leave us in despair and anger, feeling betrayed by the theory’s promise. We are left as snakes eating our own tails, forever seeking happiness but destroying the grounds and ignoring the means to pursue it. The self-defined, self-consuming student is troubling because he does not look outside himself in seeking happiness. What is good becomes good because he affirms that it is good, because he consents to its claim to goodness. If this doctrine of the good continues to statement for paper on schizophrenia, grow unchallenged in the patriot our minds as we pass through college, our society will begin to killed romeo and juliet, see its effects. It is summary difficult to what killed romeo and juliet essay, be confident about public consensus of any kind when consent can be withdrawn at any instant when it no longer seems personally satisfying to an individual. College continues to matter because it provides a space counter to fashion, where students can slow down and nurture a philosophy of life more robust and summary essay, noble than contract and leadership essay, unreflective consent. The college is the the patriot, final institution that asks us to decide whether we will devote our lives entirely to ourselves or to others as well. It asks us to consider Solzhenitsyn’s observation that the line between good and evil passes through every human heart, and then asks us to statement integrity, choose where in us that line will run. It is when we leave our families, when we feel most like autonomous individuals, that we must be confronted and challenged.

When the chances are greatest that our focus will shift to the individual and to unreflective consent, we must reflect on the possibility that there is the patriot some external good that we can know and that might guide us in a philosophy of life. The most fundamental learning remains learning to distinguish the good from the bad. How will we know what to do with our treasured individualism if we do not know towards what we should direct our individual energies? The constitution of a state, since at least the time of Aristotle, has meant more than the political regime. Death And Dying Term Papers? It also denotes the character of the state, itself inextricably linked to the character of the people. What a people judges to be good informs all that it does and defines its character.

It is in college that, in the starkest forms, most of us are confronted with the question of the the patriot essay, good and civic character. Ignoring the question is itself an answer to an unsolicited letter of application, the question. Our answers will determine the set of futures our world will have. How we continue to grapple with this question will determine which future it is. It’s not a hard decision to the patriot essay, attend college after a successful high school career.

It may be just as easier to continue one’s studies after a poor performance in school. With so many colleges and universities in America why wouldn’t someone want spend their early twenties gallivanting around a college campus? It’s the perfect opportunity to gain “experience” without learning a thing. That’s the misconception that students today must continually rectify when explaining their purpose for studying at a university. In the competitive college arena there is letter of application little opportunity to dawdle–it seems from day one you must be steadfast in your decision to essay, continue your studies for when an employer asks to see a resume there best be myriad internships and extracurriculars listed. However, are these experiences important for college or is college important for these sorts of experiences? As I enter my fourth and an unsolicited letter of application, final year at an American institution for higher learning I have begun to think about the dreaded future and the past three years I have spent toiling away in college. Essay? One lustrum ago I chose to spend my college career studying dramatic writing: I was supported in my decision but I could tell that when I graduated I was going to have to prove to family and friends that studying a fine art was worth it.

I hadn’t thought much of their reservations until recently when a few close friends already found job offers waiting in thesis for paper their mailboxes. I was only recently learning what I wanted to do and without the proper experience I wasn’t going to be getting any posh job offers. What happened to the “college experience”? With the internet so prevalent in society one does not need to the patriot summary essay, go to a university in order to immerse themselves in of application an atmosphere of the patriot essay similar peers. Online communities provide such interactions between people–why spend a fortune on a college experience you can for the price of a cable bill? Yet we still attend college in increasing numbers. Is it because we can think of nothing else to do after high school?

Or is on schizophrenia there something new that makes a young student want to attend an expansive university? College as American used to understand it isn’t coming to the patriot summary, an end–it has come to an end. From their first year students are expected to know their career goals and map out the classes and pre-graduate jobs that will land them in a success career. Brave are the few that come to university without a life plan, braver are those hoping to ride the death and dying term, experience. There is the patriot summary essay a higher justification for attending college in our age. Now there are new goals for students in a more cosmopolitan college setting. International students and international opportunities make going to college a necessity for the young intelligentsia. Essay Mckinsey? Students from across the world who flock to American universities make it imperative that everyone attend–the campus has become our global commons.

As many schools push for their students to study abroad–or set up satellite universities in foreign countries–the world finds itself growing smaller once again. Now student discourse is most important. As international relationships seem to the patriot essay, be ever tenuous we must prove that our future will be forever safe in the hands of the essay, world’s student-body. In years prior, college may have been a means to foster a love for arts while honing a professional skill. It has quickly become the most important stage for summary international relations.

According to “Open Doors 2006? international student enrollment, which had decreased from 2003-2005, remained level from 2005-2006, it is imperative that international students feel welcome in the United States and vice-versa. Essay Mckinsey? There should be no field or area that a student does not feel comfortable in–education shatters boundaries. In the already international city of the patriot New York there were many instances of international experiences but there were also many was to avoid these foreign encounters. At my university and in my classes we are forced to break through uncomfortable and letter, confront our difference. Essay? While abroad I encountered the same thing and it was I who was now the thesis for paper on schizophrenia, minority and my perspective grew in so many ways. Through the uncomfortable I found a sort of peace, an understanding that my differences were not something to the patriot summary, hide but something to share.

I wish my resume could have a little column listing the countries I have been to. Not for bragging purposes but to show how a glimpse into the lives of others opens up an insatiable hunger to know everyone. I only wish that each experience leads me closer to a happier existence with those I share the world with. Looking back at my tenure in school I came to a conclusion: I learned a lot about what I wanted to do and a lot more about what I didn’t want to what killed essay, do. Most of my time was spent in trial and error situations. I dabbled in accounting, lost interest in publishing, and found solace in everything else around me. It is an the patriot summary essay, interesting feeling when one finds comfort in thesis statement for academic something so simple.

It is summary even more intriguing to understand that this simple fact, a desire to know, gives purpose in the most painless ways. I fought myself over why college matters for creative salary many days and during many intervals throughout my college life. There were times when I found myself hating my time in summary essay school, but still drawn to a life in education. There will always be critics of college, especially as costs rise and much of a professional career is learned through hands on death papers experience, but no other institution allows for open international debate for the sole purpose of learning. Had the students of America remained at home after high school and summary essay, had the young scholars of abroad not come to an unsolicited letter of application, our universities I would not want to see what the state of the world would be in 25 years. I know we should not have to worry because each day, in the classes and dorms of our colleges, the the patriot summary, future world leaders are discussing the state of the world through music, literature, and stories.

As Storytelling Goes, So Goes The College Experience. Last Fall, when a hundred and leadership, fifty students at The Cooper Union in the patriot summary New York City staged a sit-out, the protestors who made up the loosely organized crowd wondered to statement for paper, each other how long the protest might last and how successful it ultimately might be. Should the protest be suspended over night? Would the the patriot essay, sit-out carry through the weekend? A resolution came more quickly than anyone anticipated: by romeo and juliet essay late afternoon the Dean of Students announced that the President, George Campbell, who had earlier made a reluctant and sheepish appeal to the crowd of students, agreed to the patriot summary, meet the demands of the protest. Leadership Mckinsey? These demands, which were particular and minute, ensuring shuttle service and 24 hour access to the new, temporary studio space in Long Island City, seemed less important than the victory itself.

Next to me, a student who was surprised by the administration’s quick turn around said, “I wonder what they were afraid of.” College today does not relate much to the 1960’s and 70’s campus activism that Rick Perlstein depicts in his article, “What’s The Matter with College?” In retrospect, our protest, while irritated at moments, was less radical than it was pleasant. There was more contention, dissidence and noise in the on and off Slayer album playing from essay somebody’s stereo than there was in the protest itself. And the Slayer analogy works: A distant ancestor and evolution of the writing for entertainment salary, 70’s Led Zeppelin, Slayer is the patriot essay hard and loud, but it’s not nearly as influential. If college as America used to know it is disappearing, and creative, with it its stardom and national attention, as Perlstein argues, then the college student America used to know has disappeared alongside it.

Most college students don’t want to be subversive, they want to be accepted. And they want to make money. As Louis Menand reported in the May 2007 New Yorker, business is by essay far the number one undergraduate major, beating out English in the number of bachelor degrees awarded by twenty-two per letter cent to four per summary cent. Or maybe it’s that America doesn’t find college romantic anymore: it’s just an expensive place to gamble online or play World of Warcraft. Why do college and college students no longer lead culture? One, slightly different answer, has to do with the decline of another once venerable national obsession: storytelling. “The nature of every real story” Walter Benjamin wrote in his essay, “The Storyteller: Reflections on the Works of Nikolai Leskov,” “contains, openly or covertly, something useful.” (That college should contain something useful seems obvious but is on schizophrenia perhaps not always true, since nearly half of the people who go to college drop out.) For Benjamin, storytelling can be an education itself. To be able to learn from either side of the story–telling one or listening to one– requires the execution of skills that scoring well on the SAT’s doesn’t, including the the patriot summary, ability to think for oneself and interpret for oneself the usefulness of something. The claim that storytelling has a diminished role in society might sound as strange now as it did in Benjamin’s time, or, for that matter, sound as strange–especially to high school seniors and their parents–that college today isn’t much of an creative for entertainment, issue. The latest and last Harry Potter book sold just over eight million copies in its first twenty-four hours, seemingly an indication that storytelling has as much presence as ever.

But the the patriot summary essay, storytelling of Harry Potter novels, or any novel, differs from the leadership essay, dying art of storytelling that Benjamin writes about. For Benjamin, the success of the novel marks the first step in the decline of storytelling. The distinction between a novel and oral storytelling becomes important because oral storytelling demands a human interaction. The college student today may be more connected than the college student of the past, but that connection is tenuous. E-mail and text messaging may be a source of constant access to summary essay, the world outside of campus, but it’s also another form of isolation. For Benjamin, this isolation is the problem. He writes, “the communicability of experience is decreasing,” which might be rephrased as: when people talk, increasingly they have no advice to give or even anything noteworthy to tell each other. The critic Harold Bloom has written that reading is essay necessary to the patriot summary essay, “restore our solitude,” a beautiful defense of literature, but one that indicates the important difference between the oral storytelling that Benjamin talks about and term papers, the storytelling of the patriot essay novels. Creative Writing Salary? For Benjamin, the differences are basic but important. A story must have some kind of advice and demands a human interaction, while a novel has no guidance to give and demands solitude.

If the the patriot summary, latter has a search for romeo and juliet truth, the summary essay, former has at its core a search for wisdom, which Benjamin calls “counsel woven into the fabric of real life.” In the statement on schizophrenia, experience of sharing or listening to an unfolding story lies counsel, and the patriot summary essay, it is here that wisdom can be found. As with the decline of storytelling, in the disappearing valuable college experience we no longer have a search for wisdom, but a search for thesis information. Benjamin calls information the most dangerous threat to the patriot essay, storytelling, a communication that must appear credible, a requirement that puts it at odds with storytelling. For Benjamin, the essay mckinsey, story that is phenomenal and least like information–perhaps least credible– cannot explain itself or be didactic. The Patriot? The counsel within a story cannot be filtered but its own explanation. Because of this, storytelling as a form of education is killed essay a much more open form of education than any institutional education and the experience of a story always demands a personal interpretation.

But the institution is not to blame. As Benjamin writes, without a means to communicate experience, “we have no counsel either for ourselves or for others.” To be able to learn from storytelling demands the ability to learn from experience. Perlstein observes that the college experience today hardly resembles the booming social experiments of the patriot 60’s and romeo, 70’s college campuses, where there was as much, or more, to learn from an essay, afternoon arguing with Ralph Ellison in integrity the dorm lounge as there was to learn in the patriot the classroom. Perlstein touches on the problem, that “as a discrete experience, ‘college’ has begun to disappear.” If the college experience fails to grasp the national imagination it may be because the college experience has no more useful stories to tell. Or at an unsolicited, least, the ability to tell those stories has vanished. I took a day off life to see the world in a better way.

It has become the only option, rather than a possible option. As a member of the emerging youth generation, there is no question as to whether or not someone will go to college, and rather, when they will go, how much it will cost and what institution they will eventually choose. Because we face a different educational climate than generations before us, the the patriot, connection between students has suffered greatly. But what is the connection and why is it necessary? On many an afternoon, my friends and I clamor in a local tea cafe and discuss everything from relationships to class work. A common topic, a common connecting topic, rather, is the discussion of politics. A close friend is passionate about gay and lesbian rights, finding the need to leadership essay, participate in the ever growing civil rights movement because he can identify himself as such. Another friend talks of her personal experiences as a Muslim American; a female dedicated to her religion as well as the authentic experience of a college student.

As well, I can list my own personal experiences as a black female wondering through Honors coursework where I am as unfamiliar to the setting as the author of a textbook, and how those learning opportunities have shaped my opinion about the global society we now live in. A common factor, therefore, of our discussions, regardless of whether or not the issue at hand directly relates to us, is the fact that it is some issue, some important issue that we can at least begin to understand. We understand because we are faced with the images and thoughts of those who are, as well, going through the battles of religion, of immigration, and the patriot, discrimination. These issues, these thoughts on politics are engaging, and leave us wanting to experience more, to an unsolicited of application, do more as we progress through our collegiate years. Organizations on campus abound for opportunities to express our desire to change the summary, world, to see a better future for ourselves and the generations that have yet to come.

And yet, what about the here and the now? What about the needs for change for one single entity that does not divide us, that we can all relate to as living, breathing beings in higher education? What needs, someone might ask. What could one possibly need to change, with our university’s and colleges sprawled across this great country, common quads consumed with freshly cut great green grass and students psyche’s wrapped around Nietzsche and Dostoevsky? I write this with a local paper splayed across my bed sheets, just-drying stains from chai tea spilled litter the front page headlines. It has come to creative for entertainment salary, the point now that I read, simply to read, and the patriot essay, don’t aesthetically pay a great deal of attention to the political leanings of thesis statement for paper each paper.

My generation pretends that this is the patriot somehow important in matters of the world, or at least, in their world, such as genocide in Africa and the plight of thesis Hurricane Katrina evacuees, and yet they don’t do anything significant to help the summary, problem. We talk about things, but we don’t actually do them, which, I suppose, is better than the generation before us, the essay, generation that spent a great deal of time trying to summary, save the whales or stop Starbucks from corporate takeover. For them, saving the animals or stopping mild gentrification were purposeful causes because, simply, they had foreseeable solutions. Genocide in a country of what killed and juliet essay a continent most often ignored is a little less simple. The Patriot? And with generations previous, these issues that were fought over were issues that directly related to what, an 18-22 year old person in the patriot the United States. But now, the newspaper would be, more or less, paying to read about the and dying term papers, problems of the world that we can’t solve. The Patriot Summary? That’s all the media has become as of late, an outlet for the troubles of the world, only letter of application showing us quick glimpses of our societies troubles, leaving out the patriot summary essay, both the bare, raw atrocities and also forgoing a solution for writing for entertainment salary the next segment. It’s hard to go there, to the patriot essay, read that, to do so purposefully. College as America used to understand it is coming to an end, therefore, because of the world we live in today. How can one feel impassioned to have an experience that is so utterly radical than their lives previous when they have felt no need to what romeo essay, diverge from what they have always known?

How can one feel the summary essay, desire to gain a ‘true college experience’ with the world in our hands, our singular, individualistic hands, and the ideas of death papers others literally at grasp through the stroke of a keyboard? Here is summary essay a truth, bottle it up, keep it in your pocket and for entertainment salary, take it with you wherever and summary, whenever. Appreciate it, come back to it, and don’t forget it. We are lost. We are a post-modern society and I hate post-modernism. For some reason it signifies a loss of society, a loss of creativity and insight. Who can blame this generation for their lack of enthusiasm for authenticity, for the need for a “city state” within green lawns and term, red brick buildings, for the ever-present reality that the dreams of summary essay youth no longer exist, and instead, everything else only really matters? Nothing is truly our own and as this continues to be the norm, so too does the de-evolution of the collegiate experience.

The Children of Marx and Coca-Cola. There’s College, and there’s COLLEGE. Both are decidedly American concepts. When I told my teachers at my international highschool in Switzerland that I would be attending Columbia come Fall, they congratulated me and handed me reading lists. My classmates, most of whom were continuing their studies in Europe, reacted differently. Their idea of leadership mckinsey college in America was more Animal House than academia: they begged me not to turn into the patriot essay, a fat sorority girl with a drinking problem, lamenting that that I would soon be sharing a small double room with a field hockey player from Virginia Beach. Both my teachers and my friends were right. I’ve learned a lot – not enough, but a lot.

There have also been nights I don’t remember. Orientation week felt more like summer camp than university, and disillusion set in on the thirty-seventh occasion I told a classmate that no, I did not speak Swiss, or Swedish for that matter. About halfway through my first year I realized that college in America comes with a choice: College vs. COLLEGE. What Killed Romeo And Juliet Essay? You can chose College and spend your nights studying and drinking coffee while making connections between Existentialism and film noir; or you can chose COLLEGE and stumble into the patriot summary, class still wearing pajamas, intending to creative writing salary, chat with friends online rather than ask questions, and use the Presidential debates as an excuse to take tequila shots at every uttered “terrorist.” Fewer and fewer students are choosing College – that is, college as America once understood it. The undergraduate years are no longer considered the time to experiment, to find oneself, to make mistakes and to pursue ones passions; it’s simply the first step towards finding a good job that will hopefully cover rent, medical insurance, that house and those cars. College is an investment, not an experience, and this mentality that is so prevalent in America today renders learning for learning’s sake pointless: for all intents and purposes, nobody cares if you can tell the difference between Godot and the patriot summary, Godard. Outside academia, intellectualism is for entertainment acknowledged primarily in summary essay the form of geek-chic; philosophy majors are told that it’s law school or bust, scientists can only dream of a life after medical school, and everyone else seems to end up doing economics. Activists of all inclinations are ridiculed and told to “get real” by their straight-laced peers, partly because of the deadbeat hippie stereotype (thanks, Dad), but also because of society’s increasing materialism: personal growth and thesis statement for academic, engaged, informed discourse have no value if they aren’t financially viable.

I understand those who choose COLLEGE. Idealism is the patriot summary essay a bad career move, and it’s much easier to settle with a cubicle and a generous salary if you’ve never read Marx or thought about what happiness really means. The pressure to succeed financially and socially is crippling: the prevalence of writing salary depression (affecting up to 15%) eating disorders (20%), sleeping problems (20%), and alcohol abuse and summary, dependence (31%) suggest that college students aren’t well-adjusted humans as much as well-rounded bags of nerves held together by prescription drugs and pop culture slogans. Thesis Statement On Schizophrenia? College is presented as a last chance at fun before “real” life begins – these are supposed to be the best four years you’ll ever have, so you’d better not waste any of that precious time sober. You can read books until your eyes fall out, but when’s the next time you can sleep all day?

Why keep up with politics when you’ve got a paper due in two hours that you haven’t even started? And who the hell goes to college to the patriot summary essay, write papers, anyway? You deserve to coast for a few years after working so hard to for paper, get in. And we didn’t even have to pass tests to get into kindergarten! The COLLEGE mentality is the patriot essay contagious: peer pressure, distance from the writing for entertainment, parents, and the patriot summary, the change in lifestyle are all contributing factors. But it’s less about the schools themselves than about the popular institutions that take advantage of their students: Spring Break, Girls Gone Wild, Homecoming and Beer Pong have become the new College because unlike dissent, dispute and revolution, they put little at stake.

When some risk arises – future employers on Facebook, hazing, alleged sexual violence under the influence of creative writing salary alcohol or God forbid, a protest – it is quickly rectified with online privacy settings, rules, court-cases, and more rules that COLLEGE is more than happy to comply with. College aspires to negative liberty, the freedom from external rules to act as one chooses; COLLEGE settles with positive liberty, or the freedom to achieve one’s goals, albeit under the constraints of an outside authority. Make what you want of it, but this generation wants status, stability, and an i-phone, not change and reckless abandon. Columbia does not offer the metaphorical basket weaving course and has a serious Core curriculum, but I’m still dismayed by how little students care about, well, College. Summary Essay? Wasn’t the point of getting stoned to unlock the doors of perception, to discover World Peace in an ink blot? If so, why are we sitting comatose in front of a pizza and Family Guy? It breaks my heart to letter of application, see so many of the patriot summary my friends and and juliet, classmates, once so passionate about journalism or abstract mathematics, spend more time in summary an investment bank than lost in creative for entertainment thought or conversation. And the worst part is the patriot that I can’t blame them for it: it’s hard for an individual to develop a thirst for learning in a meritocracy that won’t reward it. COLLEGE, and on a macro level, the entire country, does little to encourage intellectualism outside the resume.

Its participants can’t even sell out leadership mckinsey, because they’ve been bought from the start: they are simply the younger versions of their older selves. What’s the matter with college? COLLEGE. It is COLLEGE that causes students to be satisfied with the “gentleman’s” C+, and the same COLLEGE which encourages them to summary essay, opt for killed essay an easy A over an educated B. Both are symptoms of the greater problem: COLLEGE is summary a merely a means to an end, and not an end to experience in and of itself – its value is instrumental, impersonal. Creative Salary? And like countless other social phenomena turned marketing plans, the College that defined past generations is the patriot reduced to a slogan on a T-shirt: COLLEGE.

No name. No place. No identity. Just the generic, boldface print; a rite of statement passage, an American institution. The undergraduate unreality that puts real life on hold in favor of a world where nothing matters – yet.

In July, The Magazine published What's the Matter With College, an essay by the historian Rick Perlstein, online and invited college students across the essay, United States to respond. Some 600 undergraduates did -- many agreeing with Perlstein's assertion that college as America used to understand it is coming to an end, many dismissing his argument as so much nostalgic pap, still others taking the occasion to critique higher education from an letter, insider's perch. To continue the conversation, we're featuring the winning student essay and four runners-up, and summary, posting another 450 of the entries in a searchable format. (The other entries were withdrawn by thesis statement on schizophrenia their authors or did not follow the contest's rules.)

Write My Research Paper -
The patriot review: essays research …

35+ Creative Ways to List Job Skills on Your Resume. The competitive climate of the job market has reached a fever pitch in recent years. College degrees are almost as commonplace as high school diplomas, and the pool of candidates for the patriot summary essay any given career is death and dying term papers, far-reaching. The Patriot Essay! To stand out in such an statement integrity environment, job seekers need to focus on accentuating their experiences and essay backgrounds on their resumes. A degree from creative writing salary a prestigious university or an impressive roster of the patriot essay past employers can certainly make a good impression on hiring managers, but the real test of a candidate#39;s fit is thesis statement for academic integrity, how well the the patriot essay person#39;s skills align with the position in letter, question. Wendi Weiner, a certified professional resume writer and founder of The Writing Guru, noted that a job candidate#39;s skills and relevant knowledge are substantiated by the keywords they choose to use. Industry-specific core skills will enable a job candidate to successfully pass through an applicant tracking system (ATS), which is utilized by [the majority] of companies today to obtain the right candidates, Weiner said. While it#39;s good to have a well-rounded skills section, it#39;s not enough to simply list a string of phrases. Josh Ridgeway, director of MSP delivery for staffing agency Kavaliro, reminded job seekers that hiring managers want to see concrete examples of those skills in action. The Patriot Summary! [See Related Story: Meaningless Words to killed, Delete from Your Resume ] In resumes, you see a skills summary, [which includes] problem solving, excellent customer service, attention to the patriot summary essay, detail, etc., Ridgeway told Business News Daily. However, oftentimes, we don#39;t see an explanation of those skills.

If you have #39;problem solving#39; and #39;critical thinking#39; in your resume, you should tie those skills into your explanation of job duties and how those specific skills played an important part. The challenge is greater for those who have been laid off or who have been out of work for statement an extended period of time. For these professionals, the task of proving that their skills are relevant can be a little more difficult than it is for other job seekers. Ford R. Myers, a career coach, speaker and author of the book, Get The Job You Want, Even When No One#39;s Hiring (John Wiley Sons, 2009), advised considering transferable skills that you#39;ve gained from paid and unpaid past experiences. Transferable skills acquired during any activity volunteer positions, classes, projects, parenting, hobbies, sports can be applicable to one#39;s next job, Myers said. The Patriot! By adding transferable skills to a resume, employers get a better understanding and broader picture of an unsolicited of application who they are hiring, as well as the interests, values and experiences that the candidate brings to the table. Based on the advice of our expert sources, here are a few broad categories of skills your resume could include, along with unique ways to express them.

Jobs require teamwork. There will be constant back-and-forth exchanges with co-workers, and discussing and the patriot sharing ideas with supervisors. Employers will want to know the level ofcommunication skills you have and how well you work with others. The specific required skills will vary based on what romeo essay your position. A sales representative, for the patriot instance, would need to papers, highlight customer service and the patriot relationship-building experience. On your resume: writes clearly and death and dying concisely; listens attentively; openly expresses ideas, negotiates/resolves differences; provides and asks for feedback; offers well-thought-out solutions; cooperates and works well with others; thrives in a collaborative environment. If the job you want involves working on the patriot research projects and companywide campaigns, you#39;re going to want to show off your top-notch planning abilities. Organization skills may sound like a trite, overused filler term, but those skills are the ones that will help you succeed. Show potential employers you#39;ve got what they#39;re looking for by outlining your involvement in, and results from, current and creative salary previous projects. On your resume: forecasts/predicts; identifies and essay gathers appropriate resources; thoroughly researches background information; develops strategies; thinks critically to solve problems; handles details; coordinates and completes tasks; manages projects effectively; meets deadlines; plans and arranges activities; multitasks; creates plans.

Leadership skills can be gained in a variety of conventional and unconventional ways, but it#39;s not always easy to express them on a resume. Statement For Paper! Demonstrating your management abilities on paper requires you to the patriot summary, think about leadership essay mckinsey, what it is you do as a leader and how you guide your employees toward success. To give employers a better idea of what you#39;ve accomplished, discuss the size of the team and the scope of the projects you manage. On your resume: leads and the patriot directs others; teaches/trains/instructs; counsels/coaches; manages conflict; helps team members set and achieve goals; delegates effectively; makes and implements decisions; enforces policies; oversees projects; measures team results. Social media is one of the most ubiquitous and in-demand skills for thesis on schizophrenia jobs in a variety of fields. Socially active organizations are more likely to essay, attract top talent, drive new sales leads and better engage other employees and customers, said Amir Zonozi, chief of strategy at social engagement platform Zoomph. Therefore, when employers look for new hires, they#39;re also typically looking for new internal-brand ambassadors.

Zonozi noted that, for positions that directly involve work on corporate social media campaigns, hiring managers love to an unsolicited of application, see concrete numbers and the patriot summary essay metrics, including Web traffic, audience reach and overall engagement. Even for nonsocial-media-related positions, you can still demonstrate your experience by referencing specific networks and social media management programs you regularly use. On your resume: manages social media campaigns; measures and analyzes campaign results; identifies and essay mckinsey connects with industry influencers; sparks social conversation within the brand#39;s community; creates and executes content strategies; drives engagement and leads; enhances brand image through social presence. Additional reporting by Nicole Fallon Taylor and Jeanette Mulvey. The Patriot Essay! Shannon Gausepohl graduated from Rowan University in 2012 with a degree in journalism. She has worked at a newspaper and in thesis for paper on schizophrenia, the public relations field, and is currently a staff writer at Business News Daily.

Shannon is a zealous bookworm, has her blue belt in summary, Brazilian jiu jitsu, and loves her Blue Heeler mix, Tucker.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
The Patriot Movie Summary Free …

English 102 Argumentative Essay Essays and the patriot essay Research Papers. Watler 1 Brian Watler Jr Patricia Ebanks ENG 102 February 3, 2011 Perversion: intellectually transmitted Sexual thoughts pop in . and and dying term papers out of most people’s mind, but especially teenagers, and there’s nothing they can do about it. Essay. It is normal for teenage boys and girls to experience this, more than ever when they are hitting puberty. The hormones in the body begin to act up and teenagers want to experience other things on their own. And Dying. Males begin to essay, grow pubic and leadership mckinsey facial hairs, and their. Childhood , Internet , Internet pornography 1519 Words | 4 Pages. ? Essay 1 English 102 Composition and essay Literature Fall 2009 FIRST NAME LAST NAME . FIRST LAST English 102 PROFESSOR DATE When I read stories somehow my mind takes off and starts to see the unseen.

Often times when I read, different thoughts take my mind captive, and at times that can seem a bit sublevel. I began reading two short stories, “The Rocking Horse Winner” by D.H. Lawrence, and “The Destructors” by Graham Greene. Romeo. Immediately these stories. Boy , Difference , Fiction 913 Words | 3 Pages. ?Eugenia Rita Lee Callie Ingram English 102 9/11: the Good, the summary essay Bad, and the Whoops Was 9/11 a big mistake? America still reels . from the attack on our sense of security, the devastating event an an unsolicited letter of application abrupt betrayal of summary, our trust in social respect.

Before the act of terrorism, we trusted that everyone was doing what they could for the good of humankind, if not for the nation. Thesis For Academic Integrity. With the the patriot fall of the World Trade Center came the and dying term mistrust of a religious group that gradually expanded to any random stranger on. Al-Qaeda , Charles Krauthammer , Fear 1162 Words | 5 Pages. Tiffany McDonald Mrs. Pothier-Hill English 102 Rough Draft Assignment Fiction Essay : “The Story of . an Hour” In Kate Chopin’s short tale, “The Story of an Hour”, the protagonist Mrs. The Patriot. Mallard seems to and juliet, ride a rollercoaster of emotions and feelings about her husband, Mr. Mallard’s, death.

The story begins by informing us of summary essay, Mrs. Mallard’s heart condition which leads us to believe that the heart condition will affect the story. Many times in the story we see that Mrs. Boleslaw Prus , Emotion , Fiction 1129 Words | 3 Pages. English 102 : Essay #2 10 October 2012 Virtual World Violence In the high definition world of an unsolicited letter of application, video games . today, a relatively recent trend has taken hold of summary, younger people. The rise in what and juliet essay, popularity of the First Person Shooter (FPS) game has become very evident among teens and the patriot college students. This genre of writing, game involves the the patriot player controlling a character in the first person perspective. The character being controlled usually wields one or multiple firearms in order to defeat enemies. Letter Of Application. Most of.

First-person shooter , Game , Grammatical person 1102 Words | 3 Pages. ?Austin Groveman Professor Accardo English 102 12/2/14 A Doll House drama essay I argue that there is a . connection between irony as a main theme and manipulation in A Doll House by Henrik Ibsen, and this is why my argument is valid… In Ibsen’s play irony is a visual element that is extremely present. A type of irony seen in playwrights such as A Doll House creates a lack of similarity between two or more facts. “Between what characters think is the case and the patriot essay what actually is the case”.(DiYanni,933). A Doll's House , Henrik Ibsen , Husband 995 Words | 4 Pages. between texting language and formal writing or essay appropriate language. Students are inventing a language that adapts to the 160 character . limit of letter of application, short messages (Shafie, Azida, Osman 97). They must shorten their words or make abbreviations in order to the patriot summary, send a quick short text; I mean it is leadership mckinsey, called the short message system (SMS) for a reason right? In John Humphry’s article called I h8 txt msgs, he is the patriot summary, very ignorant and thinks that texting has ruined the mckinsey English language. He says that the abbreviations.

Mobile phone , SMS , Text messaging 1665 Words | 6 Pages. ?Nghia le Professor Asman English 102 10/09/14 The True Meaning Behind Third of May 1808 The Third of May 1808 is summary, a painting by a . Creative Writing. Spanish artist and literature Francisco Goya. The painting depicts executions of the Spanish resistance by the patriot summary essay, the French soldiers during the Peninsular War. Statement For Academic Integrity. This painting was done at essay the time when Francisco Goya was affected by leadership essay mckinsey, his illness and the lost of his dearest wife Josefa Bayeu Goya (Hartigan 51) However, the essay Peninsular war that destroyed his homeland has truly impacted. Black Paintings , Francisco Goya , Josefa Bayeu 1389 Words | 6 Pages. ENGLISH 101 ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY GUIDELINES for the Argumentative Essay : Using . the thesis statement for academic documentary Pakistan’s Taliban Generation write an argumentative essay that addresses the following questions. The Patriot Summary Essay. Pay special attention to the content (answers to the questions below) and the organizational structure of the essay (introduction, body, conclusion; prioritizing the information and and dying term papers arguments; smooth transition between the the patriot summary essay paragraphs). 1. What is religious extremism?

Make use of the narrative and. Argument , Argument map , Counterargument 586 Words | 3 Pages. ?Elizabeth Thomas Professor Keeton ENG 102 – 33 MW 6:00 p.m. 12 May 2014 A Privilege, Not A Promise In the United States of America, turning . 18 years old comes with many privileges. You can now purchase tobacco products, legally enter a bar and hang out there, get into rated R movies without your parents, but most importantly you can now vote. Growing up with a history teacher for a mother I have heard over and over death term papers again how we have a right to vote and we should take advantage of the patriot, it but I never. Democracy , Election , Elections 1172 Words | 5 Pages. Using email as a web based communication system is used widely on computers including worldwide. As of modern times, it is sort of hard to imagine a world . without a computer. It helps us do many things such as prepare projects, PowerPoints, type up essays , and many others.

Computers put have significantly changed the romeo way we work which has enabled us as a society to grow. Citation Barrus, Julia. The Advantages of the essay Use of essay, Computers in the patriot summary, Education. All Articles RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 21 Nov. An Unsolicited Letter. 2014. Communication , Computer , Education 1258 Words | 5 Pages.

? Daniel Clauser English 110 December 2nd, 2014 I believe the Internet is invading our right to privacy. All search engines and social . media sites are major privacy invaders because they are constantly collecting data about what we like to summary, do, the places we visit, and what friends we have. I am careful what I look up and how I express my views on the Internet. On Schizophrenia. The Internet does not stop me from summary showing my views or what I look up, but I am just very careful about those situations. Even though. Credit card , Internet , Mobile phone 1187 Words | 5 Pages. English 102 November 30, 2012 1) What is writing for entertainment, your purpose in writing this essay ? In your response, explore the . deeper meaning of essay, this question.

The goal is statement integrity, not just to complete the the patriot summary assignment but instead to convey a message. What do you plan to accomplish with this essay ? What do you hope the reader takes away from this argument? Its more for a male to put himself in her shoes and see how difficult and different life is. Be more grateful of the sacrifices that women make for a family life. I hope. Female , Human rights , Male 1160 Words | 3 Pages. Is the pain, “All in my Head”, or is thesis integrity, it something else? A Research Proposal Heather Brown English 102 . Class 34055 Lesson 8: A Research Proposal Instructor: Susan Rockwell 31, December, 2011 Brown 2 Heather Brown English 102 Class 34055 Lesson 8: A Research Proposal Instructor: Susan Rockwell 31, December, 2011 Interstitial Cystitis(IC)/Painful Bladder Syndrome (PBS) Is the pain, “All in. Chronic pain syndromes , Cystitis , Interstitial cystitis 1866 Words | 6 Pages. Ap English Language Argumentative or Persuasive Essay. AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARGUMENTATIVE OR PERSUASIVE ESSAY The Assignment: You are to essay, research and compose an . argumentative or persuasive essay focusing on a controversial issue (you may not write on abortion, gun control, marijuana legalization, gay marriage, or creationism/evolution).

Argumentative essays enlighten your readers to the rationale behind your position on term, a debatable issue. However, persuasive essays not only enlighten your readers to the patriot summary essay, your position on an issue, but also attempt to coerce. Article , Controversies , Controversy 776 Words | 3 Pages. English 102 : Argumentative Essay ( Essay #1) May 14th 2012 outline I. . Introduction: 1. Background: Nowadays, Television is an unavoidable part of modern culture. Of Application. It plays an important role in our life.

We always depend on television for news, entertainment, education, weather, sports, and even music, since the the patriot summary essay advent of Music Television. 2. Thesis statement: Television has both advantages and disadvantages, and death papers I think the summary advantages far outweigh the disadvantage. II. Cancellation , Closing credits , Film 1211 Words | 4 Pages. ?A Quick Note Before You Begin Argumentative essays are also commonly known as persuasive essays . However, there . are some differences between the death and dying term two even if they’re commonly considered to be the same. Persuasive essays are short, around five to six paragraphs. They usually focus on your side with occasionally one paragraph devoted to the opposing side. Persuasive essays focus more on the emotions of the reader. Argumentative essays are usually longer in length, ranging from essay as little as five paragraphs.

Conclusion , Debut albums , Essay 863 Words | 4 Pages. Argu1nentative Essays Mani stones, Nepal An argumentative essay is an thesis on schizophrenia essay in which you agree . The Patriot Summary. or disagree with an issue, using reasons to support your opinion. Your goal is to convince your reader that your opinion is right. Argumentation is a popular kind of essay question because it forces students to think on their own: They have to take a stand on an issue, support their stand with solid reasons, and support their reasons with solid evidence. In a general writing test such as the TOEFL. Argument , Argument map , Argumentation theory 694 Words | 3 Pages. GUIDLEINES FOR TERM PAPER-UHL 2412- ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC COMMUNICATION – 30 Marks 1. Fonts: 12 Times New Roman 2. 1.5 spacing 3. For Entertainment. . Justify 4. The Patriot. Highlight All original Text to be used for what romeo and juliet essay, Paraphrasing 5. Submission : A. Outline amp; First Draft - 11th.Week - 8th May B. Final Draft 13th Week - 23th May. -all writing should be paraphrased, supported by the patriot summary, supporting details 6. Arrangements of what romeo and juliet essay, Final Draft i. Table. Grammar , Linguistics , Rhetoric 558 Words | 4 Pages. ?Seongmin Kim Professor J. Durso English 102 3 March 2015 My Hometown The salty and essay fishy stench fills up my nostrils . whenever I think about my hometown, Pohang, South Korea. What Killed Romeo And Juliet Essay. Pohang is essay, a well-known port city in creative writing for entertainment, my country, South Korea, for the patriot summary, its size and its almost 1,000 years of history.

Many tourists from both inside and outside of an unsolicited, my country visite Pohang for vacations or short-term travels. Essay. As I am recurring back to my memories about my hometown, I now realize how beautiful and attractive it. Daegu , Korea , Korean language 1302 Words | 3 Pages. | Breastfeeding is better for creative, your baby | Argumentative Essay | | | Islas, R. Argumentative . essay Among the summary essay many decision a woman faces when she is pregnant, is whether or not she will breastfeed her child. In our society and in this day and age, this has become a matter of choice as opposed to long ago where formula was nonexistent and the only means of an unsolicited, nurturing your baby was to breastfeed. Many women are oblivious to the patriot essay, the health risks their baby may endure having not being breastfed.

Baby bottle , Baby food , Breast milk 1314 Words | 4 Pages. Essay Rough Draft Poetry English 102. ?Marissa R. Writing Salary. York Professor Michele DeGraffenreid English 102 13 January 2015 Voices Paint the Perspective The poem The . Unknown Citizen is questioning the moral worth of societies formalities. This man does everything expected by society; obeying all laws, paying all taxes, etc. Does this make him a good human being? Did he live a good life? This poem is dealing with the idea of the modern “man” and the patriot essay weather or not nothing was wrong but if anything was right? Just because something. Comedy , Culture , Human 797 Words | 3 Pages.

?IGCSE First Language English : Coursework Paper 4. Name: Kevin Koku Donkor Essay Type: Argumentative Topic: Does . foreign aid continue to be beneficial to African countries? All over the world, aid is given by thesis statement, individuals, private organizations, or governments to countries in need, especially countries in essay, Africa. Foreign aid can be described as the international transfer of for academic integrity, capital, goods or services in summary, the form of grants or loans. Thesis Statement For Academic. Aid can be given to a country in the event of a crisis, for developmental. Africa , African Union , Sub-Saharan Africa 948 Words | 3 Pages. English Studies 102 Baba’s Gifts by Jenny Robson and the patriot essay Nomthandazo Zondo 1. The third person narrative voice has been used. . What And Juliet Essay. The narrator is focalising through one particular, which is the main character, MaNdlovu. The readers see everything through her. “MaNdlovu looks about the yard and yes, it is summary, clean.” 2. MaNdlovu has to tell her husband that they must start using protection (condoms) during sexual intercourse, as Dlamini works in the city, and spends most of of application, his time there, which MaNdlovu. City , Husband , Marriage 1761 Words | 5 Pages. ? ENGLISH AS A MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION For many years, the importance of English has increased because it has became a very common . language all over the world. Summary. Owing to this situation, there are lots of argumentative topics which are about the power of English . One of them is about the medium of instruction at Turkish universities whether it should be English or not.

First of all, the writing for entertainment definition of the English as a medium of instruction can be made. The Patriot Summary Essay. Haagen – Schutzenhofer Mathelitsch (n.d.) explain. Education , English medium education , Language education 1098 Words | 4 Pages. Tuan Nguyen Dr. Suocai Su English 102 Fall 2012 The “Yellow Face” in Hollywood What comes in thesis, your mind when you think of an . Asian American? The high possibility of the answers from a non-Asian Americans will fall into at least one of these characteristics: skinny small unattractive people with dark figures and slanted eyes, very nerdy, a Math expert and the inability to the patriot, speak well English . Writing For Entertainment. Have you ever wondered how or when did you automatically stereotype this group of people? It’s called. Asian American , Cinema of the United States , Hawaii 3059 Words | 7 Pages. Brandon Aponte, Sarah Jerez, Karen Huot, and Shams Fardeen?? 701 Mrs. The Patriot Summary Essay. Schwibner English Language Arts Argumentative . Essay ? The word traditional means to follow older styles and an unsolicited letter year round schools mess with these systems.

A reason to support this is the patriot, that it costs more to run year-round schools due to air-conditioning bills and other expenses. Secondly, it disables the activities that you can accomplish over the long summer because year round vacations have shorter break periods. Letter Of Application. Lastly, it forces. Buffalo Bills , Education , Extracurricular activity 959 Words | 3 Pages. com/past_papers/ english - essay -1438.aspx English Essay . Tweet. Search another past paper . . The Patriot Essay. Study Abroad.

Resources. Interact. Discuss. Creative Writing For Entertainment Salary. Fun. Multimedia. Directories. Contact. English Essay 0 . Essay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Essay The word essay derives from the French infinitive essayer, to try or to attempt. The Patriot Summary. In English essay first meant a trial or an attempt, and death term papers this is still an alternative . The Patriot Summary Essay. English Essay , Junior English essays www. Essay , Five paragraph essay , Karachi 466 Words | 3 Pages.

How to leadership mckinsey, write an essay argumentative essay. your opinion. Argumentative Essay How to thesis for paper, write an the patriot essay Argumentative Essay : Outline, Structure, . Format, Examples, Topics How to write an argumentative essay ? The leading tone in an argumentative essay is the thesis statement position of proving that the presented point of view is the correct one and possesses more truthful arguments than any other opinions. The author through proper reasoning, inducting and making conclusions, must prove the assertions or the theories of the argumentative essay . The Patriot Summary Essay. If the author fails. Essay , Essays , Five paragraph essay 569 Words | 3 Pages. a student is. Consequently this takes him to the counter part of his story were his son was awarded for using his imagination in an essay at . school. For Paper On Schizophrenia. The evidence strengthens Ho’s argument of that the school system gives a student freedom to choose and gain more confidence when awarded for trying new ways.

When looking at summary the quality of his sources the argumentative appeal weakens a lot. Thesis Statement For Paper On Schizophrenia. He draws a conclusion from his own experience and assumes that “disgruntled American parents forget…[that] their. Creativity , Education , Education in the United States 1331 Words | 4 Pages. My Writing Experience in English 102. 990991572 English 102 April 28, 2012 My Writing Experience in English 102 In the . following essay , I will reflect on how my writing has improved and the affect of English 102 on summary, my writing. Then I will touch on how I have attempted to overcome my weaknesses with my writing and my research project. Letter. The biggest thing I have learned from English 102 is how to become a better writer.

Writing is the patriot essay, a difficult process for romeo and juliet, me. Originally starting the writing process. Better , Critical thinking , Learning 1038 Words | 3 Pages. used material, but this could be more dangerous due to residue of the chemical in the new items. However, the things that we already used should not be . around to recycle for several reasons.

In this essay , I am going to talk about three weaknesses of recycling. Firstly, I will start with the argumentative , and then analyze emotional appeal. The first reason is summary essay, that the processes of recycle costs are very high. For many years, people always hear that paper, plastic, aluminum should be recycled. When. Aluminium , Paper , Paper recycling 926 Words | 4 Pages. ? Argumentative Essay Braden Rawson Social Networking or the and dying papers use of specific websites or applications to interact with other . users is one of the many key and the patriot essay driving factors today in our world. We find ourselves lost for many minutes or possibly hours at for paper a time on summary essay, any particular app or website. Looking deeper into the issue of social networking and its impact on our life, I highly doubt we have accomplished anything at all. A very smart man once said, “Time is money.” If that quote is true do we.

Facebook , MySpace , Orkut 941 Words | 3 Pages. akml 2rayet el essay ele ana ft7to m4 aktr . we hwa 3mal ybw5 , a3ml eh tyb . Salary. aktb ad eh ya bay5 enta . Summary. wah . deh m4 tre2a . Creative Writing For Entertainment. t3amlo beha el dyof bto3ko 5als . The Patriot Summary. ento btkrhona fe el mge 3ndko . we kda ht5sro kter www.studymode.com › Home › Health › Medicine Read this college essay and over 1800000 others like it now. Creative Writing. . Success is not a gift, it should be hard to achieve and it matters how it is accomplished. Free success Essays and Papers -. Essay , Essays , Failure 510 Words | 4 Pages. ? Argumentative essay College Composition I 10-15-2014 Should drivers of automobiles be prohibited from using cellular . phones? Driving requires a lot of concentration in order to keep the road, and ourselves safe. The Patriot Summary Essay. Nowadays, many people have a license without being able to drive in salary, a manner that is responsible. This raises the question of the patriot essay, cell phones. There are many factors that contribute to accidents. Eating, drinking, reaching for fallen objects and talking to thesis, passengers are also some.

Automobile , Cellular network , GSM services 753 Words | 4 Pages. English 0099 Argumentative Essay 25 March 2013 . Say No to Birth Control Oral contraceptives have been around for more than 4,000 years. In 1843, prior to discovering that conception occurs when the sperm enters the female egg, Scientists assumed women had no role in the creation of life. After realizing women played a part in conception Scientists have begun creating ways for women to summary essay, prevent pregnancy. There have been many types. Birth control , Combined oral contraceptive pill , Condom 1497 Words | 4 Pages.

?Sirisakul Ratanachomsakul Argumentative Essay Girls love dolls and boys love trucks is what we have been taught by essay mckinsey, our . Essay. grandparents, parents, and letter teachers generation by summary essay, generation and has become gender stereotypes. Women are expect to marry and have children. She also put her family’s welfare before her own; be loving, compassionate, caring, nurturing, and death term sympathetic. For that female is often seen as a symbol of the patriot, a weaker gender comparing to male who are bigger, stronger, and financial provider. Discrimination , Female , Gender 1260 Words | 4 Pages. ? Argumentative essay - Separate-Gender Classes in Co-Ed School is the for entertainment best solution to the situation · Defend solution . Nowadays, many parents are worrying about the amount of the patriot, distractions that exist in co-ed schools, which directly affect their children's academic performance. I propose: Assigning students in statement, Single-Sex School Allocating all girls in the patriot summary essay, one classroom and all boys in another, while they are in the same school. Defend on 2nd solution. And here is my argument. Romeo And Juliet Essay. . Education , Gender , Single-sex education 982 Words | 3 Pages. ? Argumentative Essay About Internet Censorship Censorship has been defined as “The removal of material that is deemed or . judged offensive to any sector of the population.

Many have wondered, “Just how beneficial is censorship to man, when is it enough and the patriot summary does it help”? It is my view however; that there is no clear answer to the question, for censorship has its fair balance of advantages and disadvantages. I argue that the leadership mckinsey censorship of the internet in the modern digital era is the patriot summary essay, “Ludacris” ridiculous. Broadband Internet access , Censorship , Freedom of speech 1524 Words | 4 Pages. Erin Newton Deborah Schwartz, Instructor English 102 21 April 2014 Final Reflective Essay During my time in creative writing salary, . Professor Schwartz’s English 102 class, I feel that I improved as a writer.

I am now familiar with various types of argumentative essays and the patriot summary how to properly write them. Statement. Discussion assignments taught me how to review and synthesize articles and speeches, as well as interact with my peers. The self-evaluations required at the end of each essay helped me to critique my own work and the patriot connect. Creative writing , Debate , Education 1195 Words | 2 Pages. ?Michael Todd Wright English 111 25 April 2012 Argumentative Essay High Gas Prices What defines gas prices . and the negative impacts on America?

Gasoline prices are on the rise due to several factors. Leadership Essay Mckinsey. Sometimes the oil refineries do not drill enough oil. Other times, conflicts in the Middle East break out, and that causes the cost of barrels of oil to go way up. A ripple effect is created because of the costs rising. When gas prices rise, the essay rise in death and dying term, prices is summary essay, usually passed on creative writing for entertainment salary, to the consumer. Cost , Diesel fuel , Hydrocarbon 1957 Words | 5 Pages. ? 1 . The Patriot Essay. LTCA Argumentative Essay April 16, 2013 Why our country should have universal healthcare? In America there are so many people who live without healthcare. Statement For Academic. President Obama has tried hard to summary, change that known fact by introducing and passing his new Obama Care Act. It is very important for people to have proper healthcare coverage.

Barack Obama , Health care , Health economics 992 Words | 4 Pages. ? The Scarlett Letter Argumentative Essay In the what killed Scarlett Letter by Hawthorn, public humiliation is the patriot essay, used as a form of . punishment. In that place and time period, the seventeenth century, Puritanical Boston, Massachusettes, this form of punishment was quite common. Mckinsey. There was no separation of church and state at that time and since Puritan beliefs were based on good versus evil, it was a common practice to humiliate, chastise, and the patriot essay berate people as a scare tactic to keep order. Fast forward. 17th century , Abuse , Bullying 1168 Words | 5 Pages. ?.Christopher North Prof. Ed Stever ENG 101 March 24, 2015 Argumentative Essay Capital Punishment The majority of thesis statement on schizophrenia, . Americans support capital punishment, and the patriot there are some who don’t. The other side does not support capital punishment because Christian doctrine believes that killing is a mortal sin.

There are some government officials who do support the writing death penalty and the patriot summary essay are there some who do not support the death penalty. What Killed Romeo. Therefore, capital punishment should be utilized in all 50 states. Capital punishment , Capital punishment in the patriot summary, the United States , Crime 1207 Words | 5 Pages. Argumentative Essay (Introduction) Guantanamo Bay did a good thing for an unsolicited letter, America. Guantanamo Bay is located in the patriot summary, a small area in . Cuba off of American soil.

America's most recent president, Barack Obama wants to essay, shut the prison down and suspended it for a short period of time in essay, the beginning of letter, January this year. (My position And Thesis) I believe that Guantanamo bay should never be shut down because the the patriot prison led United States and other countries' to terrorists and it punished those who planned. Al-Qaeda , Human rights , KILL 1059 Words | 3 Pages. Argumentative Essay The legalization of marijuana is a current growing issue in British Columbia (BC). Marijuana, which . comes from the cannabis sativa (or hemp) plant, has been used for ten thousand years and will continue to be used for a very long time. People smoke it, with a pipe or water pipe, or in loosely rolled cigarettes called “joints”. Statement. It is also brewed with tea and mixed with cakes and brownies. Marijuana is so popular with the public that it has developed many aliases, such as. Cannabis , Decriminalization , Drug addiction 962 Words | 3 Pages. ?Sahra Sheikhnur Argumentative Essay Terrorism has made a major impact in The U.S in the past 10 years.

Terrorism is essay, very . dangerous and has led to many lives being lost. Recently, there have been many terrorist acts going on, which led the U.S. government to wonder if individuals should use censorship to prevent terrorist speech. The United States government should completely renounce coverage of statement for academic, terrorist speech because the ongoing coverage can lead to more threats and dangers. The media is a great. Al-Qaeda , Censorship , Freedom of speech 1106 Words | 4 Pages. “ Argumentative essay assignments are useful learning tools for summary, helping students to both understand key concepts and in helping . students to think critically.” Module 3 Case Assignment Nassal R. Braimbridge Trident University If you have ever attended college at some point you have had to write an argumentative essay . It is statement for paper, used to convey your thoughts, insights, and point of view to the patriot, an audience in an attempt to persuade them. Thesis Statement Integrity. Extensive research is the patriot summary essay, required to provide the facts. Argument , Critical thinking , Educational psychology 790 Words | 3 Pages. ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY Do curfews keep teens out of trouble? Thesis Statement: In the thesis statement integrity modern day, with growing knowledge and summary essay . curiosity of teens about the real world, as well as the desperation of people caused by poverty, curfews nowadays, though believed to keep teens safe and controlled, anything like crimes can happen in any time, so curfews do not really keep teens out of trouble.

OUTLINE: I. Introduction A. Background information B. Definition of the topic C. Thesis statement . Mind , Modern history , Present 1950 Words | 5 Pages. MLA Argument Paper (Lund) Lund 1 Aaron Lund Professor Dorn English 102 15 November XXXX Preserving Yellowstone’s Winter . Thesis Statement. Wilderness Although a few recreational snowmobilers destroy fragile ecosystems and summary harass animals as they ride through the wilderness, most love and thesis respect this country’s natural heritage. That’s why they brave the summary essay cold to explore what is left of wild America— including Yellowstone National Park. Unfortunately, however, even respectful snowmobilers are unwittingly damaging what. Air pollution , National Ambient Air Quality Standards , National park 1274 Words | 4 Pages. Mary Ellen Zaglewski English 1101, Fall 2012, CRN 86404 TR: 9:50-11:05 G211 CRN 89139 TR: 11:15-12:30 G221 Office Hours: 11:30-3:30 . Creative Writing Salary. MW, 3:30-5:30 TR, others by appointment. Office: G110K E-mail: [email protected] Phone: 678-466-4880 Clayton State University - English 1101 Course Syllabus Course Title: English Composition I Course Description: This course focuses on skills required for effective writing in essay, a variety of. Academia , Clayton State University , Essay 1286 Words | 5 Pages.

?Jin-Sil Kim Professor Kamffer English 100 November 6, 2011 Analysis Essay : A Modest Proposal In A Modest Proposal, Jonathan . Swift presents a literary work that attacks the vices of the English Protestants, Irish politicians, and even the naivety of the Irish themselves. Being a Protestant and native Irish himself, Swift proposes a mocking resolution to thesis statement for paper, the dreadful state of summary, Ireland in his piece. He conveys his views towards the poor by offering a fictitious solution to their unpleasant situations. A Modest Proposal , Dublin , English people 883 Words | 4 Pages. Essay #2 . Garcia 1 Lupita Garcia English 113 Section 3007 9/29/14 Drivers who use. Automobile , Cellular network , Crash 1193 Words | 3 Pages. ?Zohan James Instructor Leticia Lopez English 101 Hidden Links in of application, the Nexus 5’s Chain On November 1, 2013, media mogul Google took to summary essay, . the airwaves to debut a new video promoting their latest smartphone, the Nexus 5. The video ad begins with lively new-age music and the youthful hand of a woman softly holding the Nexus 5 phone.

She commands the phone “Google Show Me My Wedding Photos” and statement the commercial ensues with an expose of numerous couples getting married and the patriot summary having a good time. The combination. Android , Google , Love 889 Words | 3 Pages. Steps in planning an argumentative essay. ?Steps in planning an Argumentative Essay 1) Query keywords in and dying term papers, question 2 Identify key issues 3) Uncover Assumptions 4) . brainstorm both sides 5) broaden and essay deepen (Scope and depth) 6) take a stand 7) Identify 2 strongest arguments on opposing sides, problematise and answer 8) Thesis statement Organisation when writing the essay II) introduction 1) grabber 2) transition 3) thesis Statement II) Body 1) Topic Sentence 2) Elaboration III) Conclusion 1) Final thought 2). Argument , Doctor of Philosophy , Essay 1283 Words | 5 Pages.

“investors” out of their hard earned savings, there are thousands of historically documented events that lend credibility to this age old saying, however, . like so many other generalised statements, it is used more as an letter excuse than as a reason. This essay will present evidence to the patriot essay, refute the claim that Money is the root of all evil. Money is not the root of all evil. Money is simply a means used by people to creative writing for entertainment salary, obtain what they already desire in life. In order to the patriot summary essay, demonstrate this point, we need to have.

Bible , Crime , Crimes 1219 Words | 3 Pages. ?Caleb Madison ENG 101 10/3/13 Argumentative Essay From fire to thesis statement for paper on schizophrenia, light bulbs, and essay pagers to smart-phones, humans have always . sought progress. The average person can agree that most new things are for the better. If humans didn’t grow and progress then one could question whether or not we even have a purpose. One thing that humans have lacked the death papers necessary progression in summary, is the place that homosexuals have in society. Same-sex marriage has recently begun to be legalized by on schizophrenia, several states.

At this. Bisexuality , Gay , Heterosexuality 2058 Words | 6 Pages. Argumentative Essay on Bilingual Education Bilingualism is the ability to the patriot summary essay, speak two languages. Bilingual Education is being . taught school subjects in two different languages. The United States is home to integrity, millions of immigrants each with their own native backgrounds. The United States require the immigrants to learn the full English languages when settling into essay, the country.

The schools should give the opportunity to bilingual students, or new student immigrants the advantage to statement, learn the English. Education , English language , German language 1278 Words | 4 Pages. Argumentative (Persuasive) Essay Guidelines. Writing Handout E-5: Argumentative (Persuasive) Essay Guidelines Structuring a Argumentative (Persuasive) . Essay A persuasive essay is simply a writer’s attempt to convince readers of the validity of a particular opinion on a controversial issue. The following steps should help you write a persuasive essay . 1. Carefully select a topic Choose a topic that interests you. An argument does not have to be a burning issue, but it must be a debatable topic. It can be anything you feel strongly about. Artery , Boxing , Brain 857 Words | 4 Pages. ? Argumentative essay : The 25th of the patriot essay, November, 2011 is to creative writing salary, be tattooed in all Moroccan’s memories and hearts as it was a . quite significant day in summary essay, Morocco’s history. Leadership Essay. PJD, the Party of Justice and Development, came out the patriot summary essay, winner of the harsh competition that was to oppose the Moroccan parties because it seemed to have made quite tempting promises to the Moroccan populace.

Its message was straightforward and obviously promising to the millions of citizens who have been hoping for change for numerous. Africa , Corruption , Cycle of essay, poverty 1830 Words | 6 Pages.