Professay.info #Comparison contrast analysis essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Comparison contrast analysis essay

Comparison contrast analysis essay

Oct/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Compare & contrast essays

Comparison contrast analysis essay

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality -
Compare and contrast analytical essay assignment with…

Ap Comparative Government/Politics Ch.1 Outline Essay. The Global Challenges of contrast Comparative Politics. Introduction to Comparative Politics-Studies how different countries both shape and are shaped by the world. 1989,2001, and 2008 define the current era of world politics-describes a particular important moment; critical juncture. A frequently cited date is 1989, when the Berlin wall was dismantled. 1989 ushered in three important changes. Marked the rules end of a bipolar world-marked the emergence of a unipolar world. Marked the triumph of one model of political and economic development.

1989 was a gateway to globalization. Globalization provided a new and distinctive lens for analyzing politics within and among countries. The key question is that whether the global diffusion of investment, trade, production, and electronic communication technologies would promote a worldwide expansion of opportunity and enhance human development. We have been forced to rethink the meaning of globalization. Since on September 11, 2001, when the Islamic terrorist group led by Osama Bin Laden launched deadly attacks on The World Trade Center and the Pentagon. Contrast Analysis Essay. The attacks created a new challenge, and produced a tragic and somber critical juncture following the rules contest brief post-cold war period. Many countries have been attacked by terrorist before Sept.

11, 2001, including the essay U.S. This was different because of the amount of the in school scale-more than 3000 deaths. 9/11 was not an isolated event, soon followed attacks around the comparison analysis world. This led to be known as the Contemporary era. In October, the U.S. attacked the Taliban regime in Afghanistan because that was where it was known for Osama Bin Laden-the leader of the attack on 9/11-to be hiding. Globalization and Terrorism make the current era complex and fraught with uncertainties. 2008 is noteworthy because of a cascade of economic challenges. Such as the price of crude oil on world markets reached $100 a barrel and $140 by essay, the summer.

Gas at the pump cost over $4 a gallon. And a world wide recession erupted in late 2008, the comparison analysis demand for in school oil plummeted. The price of contrast analysis petroleum matters because the world runs on oil, it. fuels the global economy. The world supply is finite, nonrenewable, and becoming increasingly scarce. Competition for access to petroleum has considerably increased in essay canterbury tales prologue the twenty-first century.

This is largely because China and India have achieved extraordinary rapid industrialization and economic growth that requires hugh amounts of oil. Many of the comparison contrast analysis major petroleum exporters have somewhat unstable regimes. Finally, the cost of petroleum is measured in dollars, and the U.S. The Power Of The Essay. dollar has significantly declined recently. 2008 was the year when scientists started warning people about CO2 emissions and that in several decades may be an comparison contrast, irreversible tipping point. Involving melting polar ice caps and rising sea levels, which can be disastrous for people in coastal areas. Globalization and essay are, Comparative Politics. Globalization also involves the movement of comparison analysis people due to migration, employment, business, and educational opportunities.

Globalization includes other profound changes that are less visible but equally significant. For example, new applications of information technology and essay people are, new ways to deliver news and images around the world. Making Sense of Turbulent Times. Contrast Essay. The World of observation introduction States: the historical formation, internal organization, and interaction of states within the international order. Governing the Economy: the role of the state in economic management. The Democratic Idea: the analysis spread of democracy and the challenges of democratization. The Politics of Collective Identities: the sources and political impact of diverse collective identities, including class, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and religion. What-and How-Comparative Politics Compares. Comparative Politics is on sport in school, a subfield within the contrast essay academic discipline of political science as well as a method or approach to the study of politics. Comparative Politics involves comparing domestic political institutions, processes, policies, conflicts, and attitudes in different countries. Level of Analysis.

Countries comprise distinct, politically defined territories that encompass. political institutions, cultures, economics, and ethnic and other social identities. The state is almost always the most powerful cluster of institutions. State refers to the key political institutions responsible for making, implementing, and adjudicating important policies in a country. Rules Essay Contest. Causal Theories. Themes for Comparative Analysis. Theme 1: A World of States.

States provide more or less well for the social protection of citizens through the provision-in one way or another-of health care, old age pensions, aid to dependent children, and assistance to the unemployed. It is comparison, states that regulate the movement of people across boarders through immigration law. States have been significantly affected by globalization. Theme 2: Governing the Economy. The success of states in maintaining sovereign authority and control over their people is greatly affected by their ability to ensure that an adequate volume of goods and services is produced to satisfy the french on sport needs of their populations. Comparison Contrast Analysis. Effective economic performance is near the observation essay introduction top of every states personal agenda. How it organizes production and the extent and nature of it intervention in the economy-is a key element in its overall pattern of governance. Political economy refers to how governments affect economic performance and how economic performance in turn affects a country’s political processes. Sustainable development which promotes ecologically sound ways to modernize the economy and raise the standards of living. Theme 3: The Democratic Idea. One of the most important and astounding political developments in recent years has been the rapid spread of democracy throughout much of the world.

There is overwhelming evidence of the strong appeal of the democratic idea, by which the claim by citizens that they should, exercise substantial control over the decisions made by their states and comparison contrast analysis essay, governments. By 2007 more countries were becoming free, while democracy is not yet uniformly practiced, nor uniformly accepted. Another important pressure for democracy is born of the human desire for observation essay introduction dignity and equality. Social Movements have. targeted the contrast analysis essay state because of its actions or inactions in such varied spheres as environmental regulation, reproductive rights, and race or ethnic relations. Observation Essay. Theme 4: The Politics of Collective Identity. Comparatists thought that social class-solidarities bases on the shared experience of work or economic position. Now know that the formation of contrast analysis essay group attachments and the interplay of education thesis politically relevant collective identities are far more complex and uncertain. Religion is another source of collective identity- as well as of severe political conflict. Distributional politics-the process of deciding who gets what and how resources are distributed. Classifying Political Systems.

When Comparativists classify a large number of cases into smaller number of types or clusters, they call the result a typology. Typology facilitate comparison both within the comparison same type as well as between types of french in school states. Can also compare across clusters or types. In this type of comparison-comparativists call this “most different case analysis”. What is the contrast analysis meaning-or rather meanings-of democracy?

Selection to the highest public offices is on the basis of free and fair election. For an election to qualify as fair, there must be procedures in essay questions place guaranteeing candidates the right to compete, all citizens must be entitled to vote, and votes must be counted accurately. Political parties are free to organize, present candidates for public office, and compete in elections. The elected governments develops policy according to specified procedures. All citizens possess political rights. The political system contains a judiciary with powers independent of the executive and legislature. Contrast Analysis Essay. The elected government exercises supreme power within the government and country. There is widespread agreement that conflicts will be resolved peacefully. A Typology of Political Systems.

Our typology of political systems involves a further distinction between long-established, or consolidated democracies. Education. Organization of the Text. Analysis. 1: The Making of the Modern State. Section 1 provides an overview of the forces that have shaped the particular character of the state. This discussion should give you the idea of how the country assumed its current political order. 2: Political Economy and Development. (1) Section 2 looks at the issues raised by our core theme of governing the economy and observation, analyzes how economic development has affected political change. 3: Governance and Policy-Making. (1) Section 3 describes the state’s major policy-making institutions and procedures.

Representation and Participation. (1) The focus of section 4 is the relationship between a country’s state and society. 5: Politics in Transition. (1) In Section 5, each country study returns to contrast analysis, the books four themes and analyzes the major challenges reshaping the world and the study of comparative politics. Essay Questions Tales. University/College: University of Chicago. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 24 March 2016. Let us write you a custom essay sample on Ap Comparative Government/Politics Ch.1 Outline. for only $16.38 $13.9/page. Haven't found the Essay You Want? Get your custom essay sample.

For Only $13.90/page. 3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay?

Solving Traffic and Pollution Problems: Essay Ideas. Below are some ideas for the following IELTS writing task 2 essay question. Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? There are two questions to comparison analysis essay, answer: Do you think increasing the price of petrol is the rules best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems? What other measures do you think might be effective to solve traffic and pollution problems? Increasing the price of petrol: if the price is comparison contrast analysis, increased, less people will be able to education thesis, afford it if less people can afford petrol, less people will drive cars if less people drive cars, there will be less congestion on comparison contrast essay, the roads if less people drive, there will be less air pollution. Other ways to solve traffic and pollution problems: traffic problems can be solved by improving public transport to education, encourage more people to use it rather than to use their own cars public transport can be improved by having more public transport available, making it more punctual and reducing the price of tickets to make it more affordable to the average person another measure is to have no traffic zones in city centers which will reduce both congestion and pollution in urban centers.

How can i improve my sentense formation ………. My teacher said that ” mostly, i make incorrect sentense ” please give the instruction to essay, make correct sentense ………. You need an English language teacher and an English language website. This website is for IELTS skills. The Power Press Essay? Start developing your English first. Hi Liz, this topic popped up on 25 Mar IELTS in Australia. Yes, sometimes the topics and contrast, questions can re-appear in the test #128578; please suggest what type of essay is the below mentioned one. Some companies have uniform for management their staffs which must be worn at all times. What are the advantages for a company of having a uniform? Are there any benefits of comparison contrast analysis essay, having a uniform for questions canterbury the staff ? This is Direct Question Essay. Contrast Essay? You have two questions to essay on why people are, answer.

i’m not clear about what type of question is this?is it opinion essay,cause/solution or direct question essay. It is a mixed type. It contains an comparison contrast essay, opinion with solutions. Please have a look at this one. Increasing the price of people, petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

What other measures do you think might be effective. Growing traffic is considered to comparison analysis, be a major issue to the world. More cars are hitting the road day by day, which lead to serious pollution problems. In order to tackle this ongoing issue, countries decide to increase the price of petrol, as they think it is the most convenient approach and use some alternatives to petrol like wind and solar power that might be effective. I personally feel that increasing petrol price is not necessary to cut down pollution problems. To begin with, we can classify people into three categories based on their income such as low income, middle income and rich. Essay Are? When the country increases the petrol price, the first two of these categories will be affected. With regards to low paid people, they suffer from paying petrol’s normal price, but when it is increased, they will not be able to afford it.

It is likely to be the same with middle-income people, the money they get is only sufficient for their hand and mouth, so they spend their money consciously. Most of their money goes for household appliances, children education, electricity, and contrast analysis essay, petrol. The Power Press Essay? When petrol price increases, they will suffer a lot and think twice before paying for petrol. On the other hand, this will not majorly affect rich people, as they can afford petrol because of their extra allowances. However, the country should encourage people to reduce the contrast analysis essay usage of cars by advertising the consequences of the traffic congestion on the society. Essay Questions Tales Prologue? Having said that, carpooling is another environmentally friendly solution, as it reduces the carbon footprint of each individual by going to work in groups. In addition to that, we as individuals play a major role in this process. We should be aware of keeping our body fit by cycling or walking instead of using cars for short distances. This will help us to be physically active and contrast analysis essay, healthy, as well as reduce the consumption of petrol. Furthermore, Government could also reserve separate lanes for carpoolers, bicyclers and pedestrians so that they can reach their destination faster which will encourage other people to follow them.

To conclude, traffic is observation, one of the comparison essay main causes of pollution as it produces harmful gasses and we should be aware of this catastrophic problem. The Government should raise awareness among people on limiting the usage of petrol and use public transportation to french essay in school, keep our atmosphere safe and clean. Comparison Contrast Analysis? In this regard, I feel that the government should focus on the power of the press, educating the people instead of contrast analysis essay, increasing the price of of the essay, petrol. Government and people are the two sides of a coin, so not only the contrast Government always plays a role in saving our earth, but also we should work along with the Government in order to observation essay introduction, restrict the pollution problem due to the large consumption of petrol. I don’t usually comment. However, I will say that your conclusion should be either one or two sentences long – no more.

It is believed that the most effective solution to rapidly increasing traffic and pollution problems is to make petrol expensive. In my opinion, I agree that, by doing so, it will help to bring down the comparison contrast analysis essay traffic congestion but there are also other ways to curb the exploding traffic and pollution menace. How can I write a thesis statement for a cause and effect essay? The percentage of overweight children in press, western society has increased by almost 20% in the last ten years. What are the comparison contrast causes and effects ? I noticed that the question states “pollution problem”. Would I be deviating from the topic if I state that increasing fuel cost will not be the optimal solution for education management mitigating pollution issues since other factors unrelated to car use may pollute the air, such as improper waste disposal?

I am looking forward to comparison contrast analysis essay, your response. thank you very much. For this essay question, the subject is both traffic and pollution together which means you can separate them. French On Sport? The pollution in the essay question relates to comparison analysis essay, traffic pollution only so it wouldn’t be advisable to essay on sport, start writing about other sources of pollution. Hi Liz sorry for disturbing.Could you assess my essay and give some advices. Nowadays,increasing number of cars on roads,one of the big issues for the environment and growthing amount of people.Owing to,vehicles emit greenhouse gases into comparison, the atmosphere,which able to create greenhouse effect in the atmosphere.Simultaneously,greenhouse gases cause to raise average ambient temperature. In my opinion,increasing the price of petrol isn’t the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.Due to,the people who has afford to drive a car,although increasing price of petrol,ongoing driving,by connecting it with their needing.Meanwhille,increasing price of petrol can influence to the price of other manufactures trade,makes it raise.That is why,I can’t go along this opinion.In addition,the increasing price of petrol also can lead to observation, protest and demonstrations,which aren’t good for goverment policy.

I suggest that the solution start mass to make vehicles which use alternative types of fuel instead of comparison contrast essay, petrol and that is can mitigate the pollution of environment.Furthermore,for reducing traffic congestion I reckon that,some rich people need change their opinion about essay canterbury cars psychologically.They should look to contrast essay, cars as transport method don’t as luxurious.Because,many rich families have more cars than they need.To conclude,I’d like to mention about of the essay that,todays many entrepreneurs at the world are interesting about contrast essay mass producing cars which use alternative types of the power of the, fuel (hybrid,hydrogen e.t.c.) Could you assess my essay which I spent whole afternoon to finish and give me your opinions about the estimated band score as well as some thing I can do to make my essay better? Thank you very much! Many people believe that the price of petrol needs to be risen in order to reduce traffic and pollution problems. In my opinion, I completely disagree with the idea that it is the best solution since there is a better measure could be taken to contrast analysis, mitigate these potential problems. Some people could argue that a higher price of petrol will discourage travellers from using their own vehicles, which will contribute to a reduction in traffic congestion and a concomitant reduction in pollution as a result of less means of transportation travelling. On Sport? However, this argument is flawed owing to several reasons. Firstly, traffic congestion and contrast, pollution problems are mainly caused by cars, which in many countries, only the power rich people can afford to buy, therefore, a prohibitive price of comparison analysis, petrol cannot intimidate them. Secondly, commuters who only have medium salaries will still choose to drive their own vehicles to work regardless of the high petrol price because of the drawbacks of public tranport. For the reasons mentioned above, I believe that increasing the rules contest price of comparison contrast essay, petrol is definitely not the the power best way to solve the traffic and pollution problems.

I personally comtemplate that improving the quality of comparison analysis essay, public transport would be the better measure. If the government could support the price of bus ticket to make it more affordable to the average people, and even make it free for students, there would have been a considerable increase in the number of people using public transport. Rules Contest? Furthermore, a minus point which makes many people reject public transport is comparison analysis, that they tend to wait so long for a bus or a train. Essay Are? Therefore, if there is more public tranport available and it is more punctual, there is comparison contrast analysis essay, no doubt that a majority of people will consider it to be their best choice since the convenience and the cheap price which it offers. Management? Consequently, this leads to a significant reduction in traffic congestion and pollution. In conclusion, I believe that a high price of contrast analysis, petrol is not the most effective measure and improving the quality of the power of the, public transport is the better solution to the traffic and pollution problems.

You write very well indeed. This is probably borderline 8. Here are some comments: 1. Comparison Essay? vocabulary: “needs to be risen ” – needs to be increased. 2. grammar -” I completely disagree with the idea that it is the observation essay introduction best solution since there is a better measure could be …” You need a clause “…since there is a better measure which could be…”. 3. grammar – “…and a concomitant reduction in pollution as a result of less means of transportation travelling.” This is a long complicated sentence and the part quoted here is confusing to the reader. Contrast Essay? Don’t over complicate your writing. The key is to avoid errors. A good complex structures doesn’t need to be so long. 4. ” I personally comtemplate that improving the quality of public transport would be the better measure.” This sentence two problems. In School? 1. Comparison Contrast Analysis? don’t use “I personally contemplate” – contemplate is the wrong verb to use for an academic essay. Questions Canterbury Tales Prologue? 2. you have put about improving the quality of public transport but the idea directly following this is about price not quality – try to be clearer and more precise in your meaning.

5. Comparison Analysis? grammar – “…there is no doubt that a majority of essay introduction, people will consider it to be their best choice since the contrast convenience and the cheap price which it offers” = “because of the convenience and the cheap price.” 6. grammar – “Consequently, this leads to a significant reduction in traffic congestion and pollution.” = “this should lead ..” or “this will very likely lead …” (using “will” means 100% – it’s too strong). Your technique is all good and your organisation is great. Instead of trying to the power of the press essay, impress with over complicated sentences, just try to produce controlled accurate complex structures. Comparison Analysis? Also be more precise in your meaning.

Thanks for giving me valuable advice. Observation Introduction? It really bolsters my confidence a lot. Have a good day! Hi Liz…i am confused with the use of the comparison analysis verb ‘increase’…I thought that it is a passive verb which means that we do not use it in Passive voice as it has a passive meaning..However you used the phrase ‘if the price is increased’or …’need to the power of the press, be increased’…please could you explain me this grammatic phenomenon?…thanks a lot. This verb can be used in all forms.

Please check your dictionary. This is my first time to me to read from your web site , and really it is interesting . Iv tried Ielts about 6 times , but unfortunately my writing score has freezed on 6 while I need 7 or more . My Question is : If the question task 2 statements ask two or three questions , Should I answer them impartially ? even the first question ask for my openion and the second one ask for ideas ? Thank you for reply, The question as I remeber was People are less trusting news , What is your openion ? What are the criteria of good journalists shoud have ? If the essay question is “These days people seem to be less trusting of news. What is your opinion? What are the criteria to comparison contrast analysis, be a good journalist?”, you will need to education, answer the questions. Comparison? Question 1 requires your opinion on observation introduction, the statement given and question two requires you to contrast analysis, give the criteria of a good journalist – this last question is directly asking what you think are the criteria. Don’t over think the questions, just answer them directly. Do you think people are less trusting of news? What are the rules contest criteria of a good journalist? Two simple questions, give two direct answers.

Thank you very much , , unfortunately I concentrated on comparison, first question with little to say on the second one and I scored 6… Again I made the observation essay same mistake yesterday and comparison, the question was. People in both developed and on why people, developing countries are becoming richer , and contrast analysis essay, studies shownthat the poorer countries citizins are happier while richer or develped one are not much happy.Why do you think ((is)) this , what are the lesson that we can get from this. Really it tooks time for me to think about idea, the I got some ideas like how the money is observation, exploited and the improvmnent in infrastructure odevelopeding countries , however I found my self having less time to write about the analysis essay lessons . In addition I though it is not big deal as it is not a seperate question .. For that question you need to look at the essay question carefully. Observation Introduction? “People in both developed and contrast analysis, developing countries are becoming richer” – this is the the power of the essay situation. “Studies show that the poorer citizens are happier while richer ones are not so happy” – this is also a description of comparison analysis, a situation. It puts developed countries and underdeveloped countries together. Education Management? This essay is actually about why poor people are happier than rich people. Why do you think that is? Rich people are often deeply concerned with money, status and what others think of them. Comparison Analysis Essay? Their lives are often more complex. Poor people have simple lives and can appreciate the the power of the press essay simplicity in life.

That is of course just one point of view. What we can learn from this? The main lesson is not to let money, ambition or image control our lives and to comparison contrast analysis, always find time to appreciate life. I hope those ideas help. Could you give us some collocations for each topics. Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I must do that. I’ll try and of the press essay, put some up each week. what if the analysis topic in writing task 2 is are, difficult and comparison contrast, there are no enough ideas to write . What we can do ? Thank you , Unfortunately, you are being tested on your ideas and your ability to connect them to the essay question. So, if you don’t have enough ideas, it will be a problem.

However, don’t forget that you only need to two main ideas in order to have two body paragraphs. Also, you must remember that there are rarely new topics in IELTS writing task 2. They are nearly all the french essay same topics but the essay questions are just phrased differently so that you approach it in a different way. This means that if you prepare all the contrast essay common topics, you should be ok: http://ieltsliz.com/common-essay-topics-for-ielts/ Can you please give ideas about tourist and its effect on community thanks. I will post the ideas for this topic tomorrow as a lesson at about 4pm UK time.

thank you for your useful lesson . IF you can please l need lesson on matching heading . l find it difficult. Matching headings are also very difficult. I hope to make a video lesson on that type of education management thesis, question in the future. Hi , you an analysis essay, amazing person, you teach me a lot more than my English school’s , I’m appreciate what you don for all the English students , I have problems with writing task1 plus task 2 , I feel like I’m lost , I need instructions to observation, follow in conclusion and introduction, to copy it in my Ielts exam , which after 2weeks . Contrast Analysis? Thank you so much. For writing task 1, the introduction is very easy.

You just alter a few words. Management? For example, if the task is “The chart below shows the percentage of oil used by 6 countries in 2010.” You can write “The chart illustrates the proportion of oil which was used by 6 different countries (China, Japan, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand) in 2010.”. You can see that only a few words have been changed and I’ve also added specific names of countries / categories. This is the same for all writing task 1. Also writing task 1 has no conclusion. For writing task 1 – please watch the comparison essay video lesson (http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-task-2-how-to-write-an-introduction/) which explains how to write the introduction by paraphrasing the statement and also by introducing main points. It will explain how to take this essay question: The best way to improve health is to do regular exercise. To what extent do you agree? and then write this introduction: “The most effective method to developing and improving health is considered to be daily exercise. In my opinion, I agree that exercise is the key to health but I also believe that diet is questions canterbury prologue, important.”

To write the comparison contrast analysis conclusion we must repeat our thesis statement. “In conclusion, exercising frequently along with having a balanced diet is recommended for a healthy life. If people incorporated both into their daily routine, they would soon see the benefits.”. You can see that there are two sentence – one is a repeat of the main points and the other is a final comment (the final comment is optional). Current IELTS exam topics and thesis, questions: Share your IELTS test results. Useful Links for IELTS Line Graphs in WT1. WT1 Table 30th Sept: To be completed. IELTS Model Essays for September 2017. IELTS Writing Questions September 2017.

Answer to comparison contrast analysis essay, yesterday’s paraphrasing exercise 3. Hi, my name is Elizabeth (Liz). I'm an experienced IELTS teacher from the UK and a graduate of the University of rules, London. I have been teaching for over 16 years and for the last 9 years I have specialised, exclusively, in IELTS. I have taught in a number of countries: England, Spain, New Zealand, South Korea, China and Vietnam, where I taught at the British Council.

Write my essay -
Comparison-Contrast Analysis Essay - Paper Topics

A forgotten knight: Why Sun Yat-sen mentor Sir Kai Ho Kai died penniless and powerless 100 years ago. A Legco stalwart and mentor to Sun Yat-sen, Sir Kai Ho Kai wielded enormous influence in Hong Kong at the turn of the 20th century. So how did the man who put the contrast essay, 'Kai' into Kai Tak end up dying penniless and introduction, powerless, asks Stuart Heaver. Tomorrow marks the centenary of the death of one of this city#39;s most distinguished statesmen - the man who lent his name to the old international airport and the new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, located at analysis essay, the same site. Sir Kai Ho Kai was a surgeon, barrister and statesman, and a colossal public figure at the turn of the french on sport, 20th century. Contrast Analysis! He founded the french essay on sport, Alice Memorial Hospital in 1887, protected Chinese interests in colonial Hong Kong as a member of the Legislative Council for 24 years, and is believed to have been the first Chinese man to essay, marry an Englishwoman. Essay Questions Tales Prologue! He founded Hong Kong#39;s first medical college and was instrumental in the formation of the University of comparison contrast, Hong Kong.

In 1902, he was awarded the CMG (Companion of the Most Distinguished Order of St Michael and St George) and french on sport, a decade later was the first Chinese Hong Kong resident to be knighted. He was a teacher and mentor to Sun Yat-sen, a leading figure in the reform movement and a noted political essayist during the establishment of the first Chinese republic. Tragically, at the height of his influence, this knight of the realm and loyal servant of contrast essay, Hong Kong was ruthlessly dumped by his colonial masters. He died suddenly a few months later, penniless, aged 55, long before the idea of an airport or cruise terminal bearing his name had been contemplated. While the names of many hugely impressive Chinese establishment figures from Hong Kong#39;s formative years adorn roads, public buildings and the power of the press, ships, it is a struggle to find much that commemorates Ho, apart from his tombstone in comparison analysis essay the Colonial Cemetery in Happy Valley. If he is remembered for anything, it is most commonly as the man who put the Kai in Kai Tak, though, on closer examination, even this association is more a case of accident than it is tribute. If it were not for the fact that the old airport was built on essay questions canterbury, a government site known as the Kai Tak Bund, which was a failed property development founded by Ho and his son-in-law, Au Tak, on newly reclaimed land, his name would have disappeared from the contrast, streets of Hong Kong altogether. ON THE ROOF OF THE NEW CRUISE terminal is an expansive public park and, on one sunny day, visitors stroll around the press essay, ornate gardens, enjoying the analysis, views south across Kowloon Bay.

One of them is Lau Hak-mo, who lives in Diamond Hill and is out enjoying a walk with his wife. He has lived in Hong Kong for more than 60 years but admits he is not sure why the new terminal is called Kai Tak. He has never heard of french on sport, Ho. Sorry, but I have no idea of the comparison essay, history, he says, shaking his head. I am just interested in looking at this new building. And who can blame him - this impressive structure feels like a giant spaceship from the set of a Hollywood blockbuster. Two elderly men enjoying the view from essay on why are, a park bench show a flicker of essay, recognition at the mention of the name of one of education management, Hong Kong#39;s most influential sons. Comparison Contrast! Ho yan, they say, nodding vigorously with a thumbs-up gesture - indeed, Ho was one of the city#39;s great men. Born Ho Shan-kai in Hong Kong on March 21, 1859, he was educated at the Government Central School.

At 13, he was sent to England to complete his schooling at Palmer House School, in Margate. It is hard to imagine what a 13-year-old Chinese boy would have made of a Victorian seaside town in Kent but Kai (he dropped the Shan because it was common to all his brothers) was comfortable with Westerners and Western ways. On Sport! His father, the Reverend Ho Fuk-tong, was a well-known Anglican preacher for analysis, the London Missionary Society and, like many of his religious colleagues, a successful property speculator. His contemporaries called him a capital English scholar, so it is likely Kai grew up in a Westernised family. As a Christian, fluent in English, he would have dealt deftly with any potential culture clash in England and while qualifying in questions medicine at Aberdeen University, in comparison contrast essay Scotland, and then in law at Lincoln#39;s Inn, in London, before being called to the bar in 1881.

Nevertheless, he must have raised eyebrows when he married Alice Walkden, seven years his senior, in London, in 1881. As his biographer, the thesis, late G.H. Choa, delicately put it: This was probably the first Anglo-Chinese marriage ever and even more unusual in that it took place in racist Victorian society; the Walkden family must have been very liberal-minded. Ho returned to Hong Kong the following year and settled with his new wife in comparison contrast analysis a house called Craigengower, on Bonham Road, ready to embark on a glittering career in public life, sanctioned by the colonial establishment. At first he went into medical practice, but found that few Chinese were willing to pay for Western services so, having been admitted as a barrister to the Supreme Court in March 1882, he practised law instead. While Choa claims Ho was very much a Chinese at heart, with parents from Guangdong province, he wore Western clothes and sported a wing collar and education management, a well-waxed handlebar moustache. He was even a member of the Freemasons. Alice died of typhoid fever shortly after the birth of their first daughter, in 1884. Ho later remarried, but his first wife#39;s death must have been an immense loss for him. He founded the Alice Memorial Hospital, in Central, in her memory (the facility has since been relocated to Tai Po and renamed the Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital). Ho may have enjoyed the finest of comparison, British education, adopted Western ways and married an Englishwoman, but the snooty and racist colonial elite still would not allow him to french, join their exclusive clubs.

After Ho and Legco colleague Wei Yuk had been denied membership of the Hong Kong Club and comparison, the Hong Kong Cricket Club, they petitioned the government, in 1912, for a piece of land in Tai Hang village on which to the power press, start their own club. And thus was born the Chinese Recreational Club, where the Chinese bourgeois elite could play cricket and tennis in immaculate starched white flannels. Comparison Contrast Analysis Essay! The club still prospers. They were not trying to be British, they were trying to french essay, be Hong Kong Chinese, says Professor John Carroll, whose book Edge of Empires focuses on the relationships between the British colonial elite and the leaders of the contrast analysis essay, Chinese bourgeoisie. You could find martial-arts classes and games of essay people are, mahjong at the Chinese Recreational Club and some of the architecture was distinctly Chinese. Comparison Contrast! It all helped to prove, in Carroll#39;s words, that Chinese, too, could be respectable modern gentlemen, and men such as Ho employed great agility in keeping a foot in both camps for the sake of their careers. During his four terms in Legco, Ho did much to press, protect the interests of the contrast essay, Chinese. Essay People Are! During the anti-French riots in contrast essay 1884, when strikers refused to introduction, work on the French warships that had sunk the Chinese fleet at Fuzhou, Ho provided legal advice to the strikers. In December 1886, he opposed a new public health ordinance aimed at improving sanitation because he deemed it a case of Western methods and standards being imposed inappropriately on the Chinese population. His stance was often to remind Legco and his colonial masters, albeit in highly deferential terms, that the Chinese, be they the business elite or humble rickshaw coolies, were all part of the Hong Kong story, and legislation should seek to accommodate their interests and sensitivities. He could be a champion of the Chinese lower classes but [he] was also careful to distance himself from them, says Carroll, who believes Ho struggled to reconcile his loyalties and his personal priorities.

He was often torn by what was good for the stability and prosperity of the colony, what was good for the Chinese population and what was good for his own wallet. These conflicting priorities came to a head after the China#39;s 1911 revolution, when two developments began to unravel the reputation of comparison essay, this widely respected public figure. Are! First, Hong Kong was destabilised by comparison analysis, the impact of the revolution. With mass migration to the city and a spontaneous outpouring of patriotic fervour, it was widely assumed by essay, Hongkongers that, once the Manchus had been evicted from China, the British would be next. Second, the paternal and pragmatic governor Sir Frederick Lugard, who had great confidence in Ho and Wei, was replaced by comparison contrast analysis essay, professional career administrator Sir Francis Henry May, who had spent most of his working life in Hong Kong and essay contest, was far less trusting of the Chinese. His suspicious attitude was exacerbated by an assassination attempt against him in comparison contrast analysis 1912. The would-be killer, a loner with a personal grudge against May, missed his target and essay, the bullet was later found lodged in the seat of comparison analysis essay, Lady May#39;s sedan chair. By this time, Ho - who was knighted in 1912, and chose for himself the title Sir Kai Ho Kai - had withdrawn from his legal practice and devoted himself entirely to public duties and to being a political essayist.

He longed for China to on why are, reinvent itself as a constitutional monarchy broadly along Western lines and was an ardent supporter of the new Canton administration being held together by Sun, who Ho had taught physiology and contrast analysis essay, medical jurisprudence at the Hong Kong College of Medicine. The situation deteriorated further for Ho when the government banned the use of Chinese currency on public transport in 1912. It was a pragmatic policy in response to economic turbulence on essay introduction, the mainland but it provoked a boycott by the Chinese, who were incensed by comparison contrast analysis essay, an apparent insult to the new revolutionary government. The tram boycott of 1912-13 pit his Chinese nationalism against his loyalty to the colonial Hong Kong government and the power of the, finally ended his political career, says Carroll. Though Ho was instrumental in comparison analysis breaking the boycott, by riding on essay, the tram himself, later that year, May thought this too little too late and suspected that he had been behind the comparison analysis, boycott#39;s inception. Within a toxic atmosphere of revolutionary fervour, rumour and distrust, Ho, the most prominent and respected Chinese citizen of his generation, who had bent over backwards his entire life to uphold British values, was denounced privately by rules essay contest, May as a conspirator whose primary loyalty was to revolutionary China.

Formerly Sir Kai Ho Kai could be relied on for information and advice when the comparison contrast analysis essay, government wanted it. Rules Contest! Now this is not so wrote May, in a confidential report to the secretary of state. Comparison Analysis Essay! He might become troublesome to this government if he remained in rules essay contest Hong Kong or obtained office in contrast Canton, reported May, ominously. Kai Ho Kai remained loyal to the British Empire throughout. Thesis! There is no evidence of him betraying the institutions of the British government, says Dr Fung Chi-ming, who undertook extensive research into Ho during his post-doctorate work at HKU. Even so, May ensured that Ho#39;s term in Legco was not extended and the public were advised that he was standing down voluntarily, due to health concerns. The health reason was not the real reason he resigned, says Fung. Analysis! There was a deliberate attempt to mislead the public as to the real reasons for Ho Kai#39;s retirement, at one time the best-kept secret in town. Fung believes May perceived the well connected and politically sophisticated Ho as a threat.

He was unfairly treated. That is my opinion, says Fung, who is sceptical about the essay people are, reported circumstances of Ho#39;s death. It#39;s very speculative, of course, but I am a little suspicious that he died a natural death. Fung notes that Ho, a barrister with countless friends and contacts in the legal sector, died intestate. A lawyer who dies without a will in place must have died a very sudden death. Comparison Contrast! If he resigned from Legco due to ill health, why did he not make a will? asks Fung. Conspiracy theories are impossible to introduction, validate - or quash - 100 years after the event, but his obituary in the South China Morning Post , dated July 22, 1914, makes for an interesting read, in contrast analysis light of Fung#39;s remarks. The report states his death occurred at noon yesterday, at his residence in Robinson Road, under painfully sudden circumstances.

It continues, Only the previous evening he accompanied a party of bathers to Junk Bay and seemed in no way distressed at the conclusion of the trip. Of The Press! It reports that the next day heart trouble set in. The funeral, widely reported in the local press, was attended by a full A-list cast of the great and the good of Hong Kong, including May, who had orchestrated the end of Ho#39;s political career. Glowing tributes came thick and fast, and with seamless hypocrisy. With respect, we treasure with admiration the comparison contrast analysis, example he has set us all of devotion to public duty, said the chairman of education, Legco. Comparison Contrast! Whatever the exact circumstances of his demise, Ho left his widow, Lily Lai Yuk-hing, and their 17 children in essay such a perilous financial state (for reasons that are not fully understood) that an appeal was made to the governor to comparison contrast, help fund the observation essay, education of the 10 boys. All the sons would move to comparison, Shanghai within four years of Ho#39;s death, to be cared for french essay on sport, by an essay influential uncle. Canterbury Tales Prologue! Carroll has little time for speculation or conspiracy theories, but he does agree that double allegiance had some part to play in Ho#39;s political downfall. Not following orders and contrast, not being a #39;loyal Chinaman#39; led to his downfall, says Carroll, who sees Ho as the original Hongkonger, split in his allegiance to Hong Kong and the mainland. He is introduction, a good example of the Hong Kong identity and probably not so different to comparison analysis, those people you hear today talking about how bad everything is education management, post-1997.

And what would the original Hongkonger have to say about the Basic Law and essay, the uncertain progression to universal suffrage in his birthplace? Today, Ho Kai would be talking about the importance of Hong Kong values, says Carroll. It seems this Hongkonger, who adopted Western ideals of liberal democracy, free speech and free trade but never turned his back on his homeland or his core ethnicity, was harshly treated by the British. Ultimately, he was simply not considered one of us. Apparently, his only sin was to retain a fierce loyalty to Hong Kong and to the mainland, so perhaps now, more than ever, this citizen should be honoured a little more prominently. A modest tribute in the pleasant park on the roof of the the power press essay, HK$8.2 billion Kai Tak Cruise Terminal might be a good start.

By registering you agree to our TCs Privacy Policy.

Write My Paper For Me -
Compare & Contrast Essay pdf 3 Кб

consumer law essay All online transactions are done using all major Credit Cards or Electronic Check through either PayPal™ or Moneybookers™. These are safe, secure, and efficient ways to comparison contrast analysis make payment online. This paper is about marketing report basing on essay questions tales, Samsung, electronic Multinational Corporation. It provides Pestel analysis, competitive environment, SWOT analysis and marketing mix element. Samsung’s uniqueness is depicted from its groundbreaking approach to business. Lee Byung-chull as a minor business firm founded the company in 1938. It advanced in its operation forcing Lee to vacate the contrast analysis essay, headquarters to Seoul In 1947. However, the stability of the company was shaken by the 1954 war.

Currently, Samsung is Multinational Corporation with its headquarters in Samsung, Seoul in South Korea. The company has consists of various allied ancillary firms. Samsung provides an umbrella for the subsidiary firms under the brand name Samsung. Some notable subsidiaries include Samsung electronics, Samsung heavy industries, Samsung C T, and Samsung engineering (Chang, 2011). Samsung electronics is the most recognized subsidiary of the multinational corporation. Its revenue at 2010 poses it as the greatest information technology company. Samsung heavy industries are categorized as the of the, second shipbuilder using the same revenue criteria. The company operates in the consumer appliances and comparison essay consumer electronics industry, manufactures, and essay markets a range of products that include TV’s, Mobile Phones, and Washing Machines among other things (Institute of Marketing, 2009).

The company is centered wholly on analysis, the consumer electronics section and given its spirited edge the company has managed to gather the essay, utmost market share for contrast essay itself. The rise of the company has been tantamount with the growth of the alleged “Asian Tigers” (the countries of South East Asia). It has productively influenced the thriving global market for consumer electronics and has dealt with staying on top of the contest, competition (Doole Lowe, 2005). Samsung’s Macro and Micro Competitive Environments. Samsung’s business environment is affected by both external and internal influences, which have an impact on both the local and global performance of its products. The macro environment is understood through a PESTEL analysis while SWOT analysis is meant to analyze the company’s micro environment. This segment of the paper evaluates the company’s approach by the Pestel assessment. Essay? Pestel approaches comprises of political, environmental, social, technological, economic and legal factors. These points to the power essay government guidelines including the intensity of economy intervention, types of goods and services that an investor should offer to its citizens, government’s subsidies, and priorities in stipulations of business support.

According to Muralidaran (2007) a country’s political legislation can have an effect on comparison essay, various fundamental areas such as education of the workforce, level of infrastructure and the health of the nation. Samsung is subjected to noteworthy levels of observation introduction political risks in contrast analysis essay, its countries’ of operation. The levels of political risks vary from one country, in which it is conducive in some and inconvenient in some. South Korea’s political nature has presented a tormenting factor for the company that now faces political instability at home country. The home country’s situation is dissimilar and observation essay not intense when measured against analysis other countries. Education Management? Some of the comparison contrast analysis essay, countries where Samsung is experiencing an inconvenient business environment include Africa and south East Asia (Institute of Marketing, 2009). The business environment in on why, these places is hostile which has a negative impact on the company. Countries such as china and comparison India offer an advantageous business environment enabling it to focus on the markets in an appropriate way. These factors involve the interplay finance and resources of the education, country.

Economic factors comprises of interest rates, taxation dynamics, economic development and growth, inflation and foreign exchange rates. These factors can have a remarkable impact on comparison contrast analysis essay, the business operation of a firm (Pahl Richter, 2009). Higher interest rates have a tendency of reducing borrowing capability since it is costs more to borrow. On the essay questions prologue, other hand, inflation aggravates higher salaries by employees, which increases the cost of comparison operation. This economic situation influences the decisions of Samsung in any particular country of operation. Education? The company has stipulated suitable policies in the markets of operation basing on the economic strength and size of the targeted consumers. Economic strength and size refers to the disposable income of consumers. The company employs a selective targeted market policy since its products require a larger consumer disposable income. Additionally, it invests in countries where its goods are at preliminary stage.

However this is not the case with in developed nations where its products are at decline stage. This policy of entering a readily available market has proved to comparison contrast analysis be beneficial to Samsung Company. The social environment consists of customs, practices and traditions that vary from one social group to the power of the another. Analysis? Variations in observation essay introduction, the social status affect demand for a product and the readiness of people to work. Analysis Essay? Ageing as a social factor has the tendency of increasing the pension payments by firms since people are living longer, this is expensive to firms.

The ageing population also affects demand. It also increases the demand for products for the aged. Samsung has succeeded to overcome the social challenges by management thesis incorporating itself in new markets. The approach of think global and act local has efficiently connected the social and cultural gap between its native country and foreign country (Dahlen et al., 2009). However, the company admits that it faces bribing to be offered a business chance operation.

Inventions change products and comparison their production processes. An instance of innovation is the online market, bar coding, and computer aided designs, which are regarded as advancements (Ferrell Hartline, 2010). The major benefit of technology is its ability to cut down production costs and improving quality. Samsung is proud of its inventive advance to technology and improving it for manufacturing products that deploys design technology and features. It is on why people universally recognized that Samsung is contrast strong on technology. On Why? The driving force behind the company’s vast ability and pride is its ingrained culture of innovativeness.

Moreover, it has pioneered major technological inventions that it employed in introducing new products in global trade. The basic weather and climate variations comprise of comparison contrast analysis environmental factors that influence business operations. The current climatic change spearheaded by global warming has affected businesses. The tourism industry is an example of most affected sectors. Remarkably, the increasing wish to safeguard the environment is observation creating an comparison contrast, impact on various industries such as transportation industry, which has experienced production of hybrid cars. Samsung’s approach to Corporate Social Responsibility defines its concern to its environment (Lee, 2006). This is essay on why people through production facilities grounded on environmentally friendly designs. With regard to this, it has implemented practices aimed at protecting the environment.

These are associated to the legal confinement in which a company should operate. Some of this legal constraint have an influence on business operations and demand characteristics of consumers. The adoption of minimum wage rate policy by comparison analysis governments can affect a firm, since it will have to raise wages increasing the cost of production. Samsung competition faces brand competition from firms that produce products that are differentiated from theirs. Observation? This type of competition requires market forecasting, for example, Samsung has envisaged the comparison contrast analysis, possible room for 3D TV market share increase. Samsung has analyzed its brand competitors such as Sony and observation essay applied necessary plans for comparison essay pricing and education supplying strategies on the grounds of market envisages. Comparison Essay? Samsung’s plan is to sell 83 million 3D TVs by 2014, which reflects that they will need to acquire 31% of the television market share. Rules Essay? To compete effective, the company has planned to release new 3D TVs, which are advance and do not require shutter glasses. Majority of the competitors have preferred to a model similar to Samsung’s, which is 3D TVs. The dissimilarities are visible in quality and price but the appearances are closely related.

The 9000 class 3D HDTV series is unique with its ultra slim 31-inch design, accompanied with accessory packages, cinema quality 3D and innovative picture excellence and Web Apps. It boasts of a handheld touch screen remote control. The product goes for 5999 dollars with its quality and design unmatched. Sony, Japanese corporation is well recognized for its web advisements, integrating PDF documents to comparison contrast analysis essay enhance consumer awareness. Sony Company is popular for its Sony Bravia, which is a 3D TV and sells for 2999 dollars. Rules? Bravia has similar features as its competitors though it takes after the trends of Samsung. The company is among the top five in comparison contrast, the television marketing.

Additionally, it invests in other areas of entertainment such as film production, MP3 players and gaming consoles. Sony Company uses other organizations ideas to improve its current product and gain market share as such it offers brand competition to Samsung Company. Panasonic, Samsung’s competitor has paved its way to the top three performing companies in the television market (Lee, 2006). It aims to be the first Green Innovation Company in electronics before 2018. However, Samsung initiated a price war with it leading to its decline in sales for the first time. French Essay In School? Panasonic’s competitive brand in television market is the Viera, going 3350 dollars. Viera opts to use plasma, which is contrast essay inferior to Samsung’s LED backlight.

This puts the Panasonic’s price under questions. Korean company named LG Electronics Inc., classed second in the flat screen manufacture. The company aims at proliferating the 3D TV trade by targeting almost 25% of the market share. This reflects 950000 television sales based on yearly envisage of 3.8 million units. LG’s brand in the 3D TV market is the 55 inch. LG’s initiative was to offer its products to the middle class by pricing its products at education management thesis, affordable price. However, LG’s 3D television had one major downside, since it was 3D-ready rather than 3D enabled as compared to Samsung’s 3D TV. This section provides an evaluation of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to essay Samsung multinational company. The success of firms can be attributed to the strengths that in the business environment. The company was able to utilize the in school, above situations to their advantage.

Samsung is one major electronic company manufacturer producer in the world with a wider distribution and market. Some of the comparison analysis, strength and weaknesses are discussed below. Michell (2010) points out that the company is technologically well ahead giving it an added advantage over essay questions tales its competitors. Comparison? Technology enables Samsung to produce a lower cost and increase the quality of their output. These positions Samsung company at the power of the essay, the forefront of competition hence a perfect depiction of strength utilized by the company to expand productivity. Samsung Company enjoys economies of analysis scale, which increases the production efficiency with regard to volume of goods produced. Companies that is vulnerable to enjoying economies of scale experience a reduced cost of production per unit. This is because fixed costs are shared over the amount of goods produced. Samsung being one of these firms enjoys lower production costs attributed to larger economies of scale (Stokes Lomax, 2008).

Additionally, its current ranking shows that it is the most beneficiary of this strength making it outperform competitors down the essay on sport in school, line with lower economies of scale. The large economies of scale also offer Samsung access to larger market by suiting them to trade in wider geographical reach. However, the implications are different in small to comparison contrast analysis medium companies, which start to experience high costs of production leading to losses and restricting growth. Samsung has available resources in form of labour. The company recently reassigned three hundred engineers from semiconductor unit within the rules, organization. This reassignment resulted t development of products of high quality and above competitors technology (Michell, 2010).

Other companies such as Sony and LG buy semiconductors from contrast essay Samsung to be used in essay questions tales, their 3D market and manufacture of comparison analysis 3D televisions. The efficient skill in semiconductors Samsung is much assured of the dominance in the 3D market and stay ahead of competition. The company concentrates on research and development by dedicate resources and attention to manufacture efficient and consumer- desired products having inventive features. The company directed 5% of its income to research and development in 2008 and 2009. This was followed by deployment of 42000people in french on sport, research and development activities. The success of 3D is allied to the extensive research. Currently, the company has various research centers worldwide. Samsung does not a connection with 3D gaming content; unlike Sony, that has association with gaming consoles such as PlayStation.

Sony has an advantage over Samsung evident in comparison analysis essay, their launch of first PlayStation, which launched 3D games. This is the only perspective of the market that Samsung does not have role hence regarded as a weakness to the company because Sony can simply displace Samsung and of the acquire a large market share. Samsung charges high prices for their products due to comparison contrast analysis the semiconductor technology integrated in their high quality products. This makes it hard for the company to target middle and of the low class people who form a larger portion of the consumer market. This forces the company to expand the comparison contrast analysis, target, which is people are only achievable in 2014. The weakness presents less or minimal effects to customers since the product quality is unsurpassed and to the consumer, concerned with quality than price the effect are none. However, financial conscious customers will compare the prices with others and resort to cheaper alternatives (Ferrell Hartline, 2010). As much as Samsung is contrast essay trying to acquire new markets, its progress in some countries seems to be to reduce. Samsung’s concentration in essay introduction, Europe and North America is far below.

The United Kingdom experiences an overwhelming flood of Samsung goods. This is a weakness emanating from the failure to contrast essay gain control of the Europe and North America electronic market. Samsung has formed alliances that are directed towards enhancing the company’s product provision. Some accords include the Toshiba agreement in June 2009 for on why people semiconductor technologies. Toshiba has many patents under its name. Comparison Contrast? The signing of the accord has enabled Samsung gain access to observation NAND flash technology.

The Netflix agreement enabled Samsung to offer deliver movies to their consumers using Samsung BD-P2500 Blu-ray disc players. These alliances have led newer avenues of comparison profits. Collaborating with 3D gaming companies is ideal to essay contest gain its market share in contrast essay, this entertainment segment. This segment is small but will reduce its weaknesses and observation influence consumers. Samsung should alliance with companies such as Microsoft to affect market greatly. Samsung should snatch the opportunity since the immediate the action the sooner the production. This would diversify Samsung’s products in the technology market and facilitate brand acknowledgment. Samsung as Multinational Corporation has threats that result from political, economic, technological and social forces. Rapid technological advancement easily makes a product obsolete.

This forces Samsung Company to be on watch out and keep pace with the changing technology. Failure, might result obsolesce of products within a very short time. Other threats that Samsung is liable to include competitor’s moves change in customer needs or demographic shifts. Dahlen et al. (2009) points out that, ZTE china-based mobile device poses a challenge to Samsung. Recently, ZTE surpassed Apple to become the third in the global ranking of contrast analysis handsets. The slow rate of acquisition of 3D TVs by consumers poses a threat to the multinational corporation. This visible in consumers with inadequate finances to acquire the 3D TV, this is expensive. This has discouraged the company from releasing other models. The company is devoted to ensure that the diffusion of the product into the market is a success. Rules Contest? This threat makes Samsung company to be vulnerable of huge losses since the comparison essay, company has invested large amounts of finance and weakens the rate of goal attainment that profitability. Samsung Marketing mix.

Samsung provides a wide range of on why products in the 3D technology trade, providing LCD, plasma and contrast essay LED 3D TVs. The LED 9000 is currently the most profit-fetching commodity. The high quality 3D TV is of the press essay 55 inch or 46 inch with LED backlight. It is contrast essay ultra-thin, the thinnest TV with a thickness of 31 inch. It is accompanied with technologically advanced remote control with the capability of streaming live television. Consumers who have purchased the product should recognize that they have bought the ultramodern and on why advanced TV available in the market. Contrast Analysis Essay? Other 3D products from Samsung include 3D starter kits, 3D home theatre surround sound and 3D blue ray players. Essay Contest? In addition to, this product enhances consumer satisfaction at contrast analysis essay, a very aggressive level. The pricing ranges from 1200 to 7000 dollars therefore it caters for essay a wide range of clients. Samsung’s marketing mix incorporates promotion. The company has initiated a variety of product advertising, costing billions of dollars in North America, Europe and Asia.

The United States uses takes 66% of 3D TV market, which can be attributed to the intense advertising by Samsung costing 12 billion. The advertising in Europe has cost 8 billion dollars whereas Asia consumes 3 billion dollars (Doole Lowe, 2005). The mode of advertising involves using celebrities, which have the capability of convincing potential buyers and in mega events to analysis enable consumers to experience the benefits of the 3D TV. The advent of technology has made the company to resort to offering online services to essay on why are their customers. It provides shopping deals and free shipping costs. Their online website has provisions for reviews and contrast analysis essay enables physical evaluation of product features. From a personal point of view Samsung, company should invest in to the 3D video gaming trade through Microsoft Corporation. This will enable the company to exploit and acquire the available market.

This will enable Samsung to essay people use the comparison analysis essay, XBOX 360gaming console from Microsoft. The company should develop a short-term target of developing gaming packages for its consumers. Research reveals that gaming companies registered huge profits in 2009 and this should be an incentive to Samsung. The company should take over the “glasses” age and prepare for a “non-glass” 3D TV. French Essay On Sport In School? The company should intensify campaigns for glass television until the release of glass free television.

This will enable them maintain their dominance in “glass” age hence they stand a chance to introduce a newer innovation with a lot of ease. This will help maintain their reputation by consumers and enable easy transition of consumers. Samsung company should invent another new product to maintain dominance in the market by carrying out extensive research on consumer tastes and preferences. It is not easy for a company to rise within a short span of time, the way Samsung did. It has proved to the world that it is possible to comparison surpass the greatest United States and Japan multinational corporations. According to Glowik Smyczek (2011), technology was the driving force behind Samsung’s success.

Samsung went further adopting its own technology apart from adapting to the already existing technologies. Samsung’s case provides a moral and essay introduction an inspiration to company executives of other business firms. The remarkable success characterized by comparison contrast essay the advancement from plain monochrome television manufacturers to high-tech semiconductors offers a recommendation to new ultra-modern companies (Viardot, 2004). Samsung’s scenario is an allegation of a situation experienced by the company between 1970s and 1980s, which brought forth the implementation of reverse order policy. Essay Questions? However, the comparison analysis, current business environment had changed due to management the World Trade Order establishment that had advocated for contrast essay latest economic and trading policies.

As a result, Samsung had to jump the rules essay contest, huddle again to suit in the current competitive market conditions. This called for quick and efficient decision by the management on various strategies to implement due to the varied business conditions. It is recommended that the company should develop global strategies. In-depth analysis of the company’s business activity and technological advancement will advocate that Samsung should generate global strategies in formation and local in execution within the markets of services. It is advisable for Samsung to be more aggressive and acquire the BOP markets, as this would demand restructuring of strategies and implementation of extreme end pricing mechanism, which beneficial in the old times. In conclusion, Samsung has fewer threats compared to strengths, which implies that the company can still enjoy the dominance in the 3D TV market.

To do away with risk the Samsung need to contrast essay alliance with Microsoft to the power press essay play a role in comparison contrast analysis essay, the gaming market. Samsung has enough and efficient resources in terms of labor, which facilitates the development of semiconductors, utilized in the 3D TV manufacture. The greatest threat faced by Samsung is the slow rate of diffusion of 3D TVs, which slows goal attainment. The best opportunity that Samsung has to increase its profitability is investing in gaming consoles. Chang, S.-J., 2011.

Sony Vs Samsung: The Inside Story of the Electronics Giants’ Battle For Global Supremacy . London: John Wiley and Sons. Dahlen, M., Lange, F. Smith, T., 2009. Marketing Communications: A Brand Narrative Approach . London: John Wiley and Sons. Doole, I. Lowe, R., 2005. Essay Questions Canterbury Prologue? Strategic marketing decisions in global markets . London: Cengage Learning EMEA,.

Ferrell, O. Hartline, M., 2010. Marketing Strategy . 5th ed. London: Cengage Learning. Glowik, M. Smyczek, S., 2011. International Marketing Management: Strategies, Concepts and Cases in Europe . London: Oldenbourg Wissenschaftsverlag. Institute of Marketing, 2009. Contrast Essay? Marketing . London: Haymarket Press.

Lee, D., 2006. Samsung Electronics: the observation essay introduction, Global Inc . London: LEE Dongyoup. Michell, T., 2010. Samsung Electronics: And the Struggle For Leadership of the Electronics Industry . London: John Wiley and Sons,. Muralidaran, S., 2007. Business environment analysis: an comparison, introduction . London: Icfai University Press. Pahl, N. Richter, A., 2009. SWOT Analysis – Idea, Methodology And A Practical Approach . London: GRIN Verlag. Stokes, D. Lomax, W., 2008. Marketing: a brief introduction . London: Cengage Learning EMEA. Viardot, E., 2004.

Successful marketing strategy for high-tech firms, Volume 5 . Rules Contest? London: Artech House.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Compare and Contrast Essay | Comparative Analysis

Download a Resume Template That Employers Will Love. Are your Resume and online job search profiles not yielding you the results you need to find gainful employment and finally afford to pay your bills? No doubt about comparison essay it; it’s tougher to find a job now than it’s been in decades. Essay On Why Are. That doesn’t mean, however, that you can’t give yourself every fighting chance of snagging the next available job. While there is comparison plenty to be said for effective interviewee skills, the absolute most important step for getting hired is writing a winning Curriculum Vitae. Without a highly attractive C.V, you’re just one of dozens or more applicants that begin to blend together after a while. You want your most relevant skills and essay in school, experience to jump off the page and grab the attention of the person responsible for reviewing the group of CVs in which yours is stacked or filed online. Direct access to resume templates advices. 1. Choose your favorite Curriculum Vitae.

2. Download selected resumes on your desktop. No front page content has been created yet. How To Write a Winning Curriculum Vitae. Understand What Makes a Great Resume. Many job applicants are under a misconception that a great Curriculum Vitae means fluffing up terms, adding lots of jobs and experience, listing as many skills as possible, and engaging in other overkill tactics. Excessive and irrelevant information only contrast analysis, clutters the page and makes it more difficult to find the skills and information for which your prospective employer is searching. The best resumes are those that are concise and rules contest, specific to comparison contrast analysis, the job being sought.

As such, a separate resume should be used for each job if the essay required skills, education, and comparison, experience are different. At the end of this article, we will review a few time saving tips building each specific Curriculum Vitae. First, though, let’s take a look at how to write a winning CV. Review All Job Description Material and More (If Necessary) While some employers seem to be in rules essay contest, the habit of posting as little information as possible, others provide a great deal of valuable information relevant to not only the skills, experience, and comparison essay, education of essay prologue, a desired employee, but also the comparison contrast description, expectations, and demands of the job itself. French Essay On Sport In School. Acquire as much information as you can about the position. If the employer provided you with pages and contrast essay, pages of descriptions, read them before building your resume. If the employer posted minimal information about the the power press essay job, you may find information by reviewing the comparison analysis essay website or even calling and contest, asking for details.

The more you know about your prospective employers, the more power you have to show them a picture-perfect employee on paper. If you read terms you don’t really understand, see requirements for contrast analysis education levels you haven’t reached, or find any other indication that you’re not a good candidate for the job; don’t waste your time applying. Also, understand that it may be very difficult to find a job that matches your education or the bulk of your experience. You may have to begin at an entry level position in a company that seeks supervisory and upper management applicants from within. If this is the essay people are case, be extremely careful about divulging the comparison contrast extent of your education, experience, and salary history as you may be viewed as ‘overqualified’. However insulting or degrading it may feel, the reality is that at some point you just have to accept that options are limited and be willing to ‘dumb it down’ a bit to secure employment. Just think, though: In the next few months after you’re hired, you’ll have a chance to excel beyond expectation and increase your odds of recognition and promotion.

Use Only Relevant Terms, Skills, and Experience. If you feel the need to add more information to your curriculum vitae than what’s absolutely relevant, make sure that the most compelling details are on the first page and that it’s not crowded with words. In addition to your contact information, you should have: Relevant skills, relevant experience, and observation introduction, relevant education. If you have multiple jobs dating back for contrast a number of education, years, try to list only the most relevant jobs within the past 5-7 years on the first page and either make a note that a more extensive job history is available upon comparison essay, request or attach a separate sheet with a complete history in case the reviewer is so inclined to essay on sport, read it. Whatever you do, DO NOT let a full page of comparison, outdated and irrelevant details take away from the razzle and dazzle of the first page of rules essay contest, your resume.

Remember that your developed skills are more important than your experience. Yes, you need experience to demonstrate the fact that you’ve had time to hone those skills, but employers need to know the analysis capabilities you have that are relevant to the job for which you’re applying. The Verbiage of Your Curriculum Vitae. You want your C.V to sound professional, but it doesn’t have to sound like it came out of the Oxford Dictionary. Remember, it’s not as though you’re writing a dissertation; you’re listing bits and pieces of concise and relevant information to present a snapshot of observation, what you have to offer. Refer to the job description and comparison essay, other material posted by press essay your prospective employers. If they used industry-specific jargon, use the same jargon wherever applicable. Review their posted list of required skills and comparison contrast analysis, job duties and use it as a guide for listing all of your valid and applicable skills and job duties with previous employers. If you have additional skills or job skills than are not posted on the job description by your prospective employer, consider leaving them out. If you feel you must include them somewhere, follow the same rule as job history: Keep them off the first page. Instead, attach them at the top of the page containing your extensive job history.

You have 2 primary goals for your curriculum vitae: Make it easy to read and make every word count. In order to on sport in school, accomplish this, you need to use a font of at least 10-12 and make each section of your document stand out from the next by staggering blocks of information that take up different levels of horizontal space. For example, you may place your name, physical address, phone number, and email address at the top in the center. For contrast, you would place a sentence outlining your objective; perhaps something like: To obtain consistent and long term employment with a company in which my skills and talents will be utilized and appreciated. Because that sentence will take the entire width of the page, your next sections should be small and centered. This would be a great place to list your skills. If you place your employment in the next section, that would be a great contrast to comparison contrast, your skills. Make a table with 2 columns and a few rows (just enough for your most relevant jobs). Add your title, previous employers, and rules essay, their contact information in the left column and comparison contrast, your job duties on french on sport, the right.

Finally, underneath your employment history, enter your education information centered on the page. Employers may or may not be interested in speaking with your personal references. Analysis. If there is any reason why your prospective employers shouldn’t speak with your previous supervisors, try to avoid putting their contact information on essay questions tales, your Curriculum Vitae. Otherwise, there should be plenty of analysis essay, professional references in your format for french essay on sport in school them to review. Contrast Analysis. You can post a sentence on the bottom of your Curriculum Vitae either inviting your potential employer to are, call contacts from comparison contrast essay, your employment history and/or letting him/her know that you have a list of personal references available if requested. If you have room on the page after leaving plenty of space in between each section, increase the the power of the font size of your name. If you have adequate or advanced linguistic skills, consider writing a short cover letter (3-5 small to moderate paragraphs) introducing yourself and contrast analysis, outlining your skills, dedication, ambition, work ethic, and any other relevant piece of information that increases your appeal to an employer but may not have a proper place on french in school, your Curriculum Vitae. Cover letters are easy to disregard if an employer isn’t interested, and they can help to comparison, set you aside from other applicants if there is an interest in learning more about you by reading your cover letter. You can either use the essay contest outline provided in this article or you can create your own curriculum vitae outline containing your name, contact information, and the basic sections you will need to comparison analysis essay, fill out per application.

Save the outline and consistent information in a master file, and essay canterbury tales prologue, once you’ve finished preparing a Curriculum Vitae for a job, choose ‘Save as’ and create a specific name for it. Comparison Contrast Analysis Essay. To find your Curriculum Vitae more quickly and conveniently, consider using the same name and changing only the french essay on sport in school last word. For example, you may save your resume as ‘MyResumeCompany.doc’. Replace the word ‘Company’ with each different place to which you submit your curriculum. How to Write a Great Cover Letter. Landing a job is comparison analysis undoubtedly difficult in press essay, today’s economy. Writing a great cover letter is probably the most important step you can towards landing the job of their dreams.

Why is writing a cover letter so important? It is the first thing a potential employer sees, and it will dictate whether or not the employer even looks at comparison, your resume. Even the education most polished, professional resume doesn’t stand a chance against a poorly written cover letter. How do you write a cover letter that not only a potential employer to read your resume, but also gets you invited for an interview? Writing a winning cover letter is not difficult if you follow a few simple steps:

Just like an employer won’t look at a resume that’s attached to a poorly written cover letter, the employer won’t even bother to read the cover letter if it’s a messy jumble of text. To create a professional-looking cover letter, be sure to use plenty of white space. You should have, at contrast, a minimum, one inch margins and double spaces between paragraphs. Follow the guidelines for writing a basic business letter and be sure to include a simple, text-only letterhead. Your letterhead should be the same letterhead that appears on on why people, your resume. This is your one and only chance to name drop, so take advantage of analysis, it. Potential employers want to know how you heard about the position. You should also identify the specific position that you are seeking, and state that you are applying for observation introduction this position. Yes, it’s obvious, but cover letters follow a long-established pattern, and this isn’t the time to be a rebel. Finally, set the tone for comparison contrast analysis the rest of the letter, and briefly state what you will be discussing.. If you have more than a few years of experience in the field to which you are applying, your professional experience should be presented before your educational experience.

First, write a topic sentence that presents one unified idea. If you’ve held several jobs in this career, find the education one aspect that these jobs have in contrast, common that will most impress your potential employer. You also need to link this paragraph to your educational experience. Similar to essay on why are, your employment paragraph, you need to develop one unified idea rather than simply presenting a list of all the schools you’ve attended and courses you’ve taken. Determine which aspect of your education is most important to the position you’re applying for comparison contrast and present it here. A fourth and even fifth paragraph may be added if you need to present additional relevant information. Just remember to develop one idea per paragraph, and to keep the entire letter under one page. This is your opportunity to questions, tie everything together, leading the reader to invite you to comparison contrast analysis essay, an interview. You need to reference your resume and essay, any other included attachments. In addition, you need to politely, yet confidently state that you wish to be invited to comparison analysis, an interview. Finally, state the easiest way for the employer to observation essay, reach you, referring to the phone number and e-mail address in your letterhead.

For important documents like cover letters, you need to go beyond your computer’s spell check and grammar check. Place the cover letter aside for a few hours, or overnight if possible, and look at it with fresh eyes. You might find errors that you didn’t see previously. As a final step, ask someone, who you trust will do a decent job, to proofread your cover letter. Now, you have a well-written cover letter that will hopefully lead a potential employer to contrast analysis, read your resume and on why people are, ultimately invite you to comparison analysis, an interview. The rest is up to the power of the, you! How to contrast, prepare for a winning job interview. In a competitive market for available jobs, potential candidates should put in the necessary time and effort to make a solid impact.

You must simply accept that it’s a buyer’s market, the buyer, in this case is the organization. Your first job as the seller is to sell yourself. Rules Essay Contest. You need to comparison contrast, stand out observation essay from the other candidates like a house with a shiny red door in a cookie-cutter neighborhood. Assume your resume and cover letter is in a pile on a desk with plenty of others, therefore you must find a way to contrast, rise to the top. You need to put yourself in a stronger position, instead of essay tales prologue, you trying to chasing the job, make them convince you to take it. Your mindset dictates the demeanor you portray. If you seem too desperate, you don’t make it to analysis essay, the next step, however, too arrogant and doors will close. You have to put yourself in observation, the shoes of the interviewer and essay, determine your moves every step of the way. Spend about five hours preparing for each hour of essay on why are, interview, you want to comparison essay, investigate how you can deliver value to the organization. By researching and probing how you can make an impact in the position, you are going beyond the canned responses of the power of the press essay, most candidates. Comparison Analysis Essay. Your resume should announce that you are qualified for the position.

After the interview, you want to on why people, leave the impression that you can start the job tomorrow. You want to contact somebody who does the same job at the organization or similar enterprise and ask several questions. It’s a must that you discover the current challenges for the position within the organization and the industry as a whole. The next step is succeed where so many candidates fall short, you want to comparison contrast, show initiative by suggesting ideas for the position. Hiring managers have so many job functions to perform, by proving that you not only essay on why are, did research concerning the position, but proposed suggestions, you show tremendous potential. You would be surprised how those that have been performing the job for years have not expressed such aptitude. Be prepared to go beyond lip service, you want to comparison, demonstrate the homework you have done. Reaching out to a current employee performing the same job function puts you over the top. Don’t be shy or feel like you are intruding. Many employees have innovative ideas about how to education management thesis, perform their jobs better, tap into that information for free and then add your own spin. Use the power of essay, imagination to stand out from the crowd, everybody else is going to be following the same job interview tips that get recycled over the web.

If you want to make a lasting impression, you must put in the sweat and effort. Find someone who you can practice with until it comes out natural. Landing an offer in a tough economy requires considerable effort. If you can demonstrate you can make an impact in your interview, your name will rise to essay are, the top of the pack. Copyright Curriculum-Vitae.In 2013 - Contact : webmaster curriculum-vitae.in. All the Curriculum Vitae templates are at your disposal without any guaranty.

The use of these Curriculum samples is at comparison contrast essay, your sole risk.