Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay innovation technology

Essay innovation technology

Oct/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Technological Innovation Essay

Essay innovation technology

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
Innovation and Technology Essay - 17653 Words

black essay gay man Writer explains his personal choice to essay innovation, leave the life by Luis Pabon, October 5, 2015. Phd Thesis Language Learning. I have a confession: For over 8 years I have lived my life as a self-identified gay man. After much consideration, I have made the conscious decision to no longer live my life this way. Essay. I find that living as a gay man no longer speaks to the man that I am or the man I wish to become. I was raised in types ap english exam, a single parent household as my father left when I was three. Unbeknownst to me at the time, his absence left me with a host of unanswered questions, hidden longings and a hole in my identity so deep, you could almost see it. Essay Innovation Technology. I learned early how to be ‘the good son”, to define, be polite, respectful, well-behaved basically the essay, husband my mother never had.

The message I received growing up was that my masculinity was problematic and phd thesis language responsible for the hardships and essay innovation technology abandonment experienced by my mother. Watching her struggle only added to define, my contempt for my masculinity. At the same time, not having my father around to intercede and essay temper the unruly feelings of anger and hatred I had towards my masculinity created within me a craving, a longing for someone to show me how being a man worked for me. I wanted to see the functionality of my masculinity. Enter my Vitamin D (daddy) deficiency. My same sex attractions began to gradually emerge initially as a cautious curiosity and then finally as a full-blown yearning for paper male approval that refused to be quieted by restraint. At age 24, I took pride in identifying myself as a gay man and essay technology took to the ground running with my newfound confidence in my sexual identity. I held many unconscious perceptions and beliefs about observation, what it meant to be gay. For one, I believed being gay was a partially acceptable way to connect with other men, men who growing up seemed to prize competition over connection and who would only show love and affection through a perfunctory pound or a power-driven embrace. I also saw being “gay” as a way for innovation me to observation, assert my identity and essay technology finally take a stand for who I was, who I loved and who I wanted to be. In addition to these perceptions and beliefs, I also saw my sexuality as my spirituality; connecting me to paper, the amen corner of innovation my burgeoning masculinity.

Little did I know what realizations “The Life” had in store for me. As a former gay identified man, I immersed myself heavily in “The Life.” While in the life, I encountered a lot of broken men who were plagued with an insatiable appetite for the love, attention and affection of other men. Over time, I began to see my own reflection in these men. I saw that in my quest for love and connection, I was becoming someone who devalued other men and consequently reduced them to mere sexual partners. Somehow I believed that in order to survive the gay scene I had to become this way, which was not true.

Though my decision to remove the gay label from my identity has not been without its challenges, it has also yielded a bumper crop of unexpected rewards. For one, I have noticed a decrease in my anxiety levels as I once centered my life around meeting a man who would make me feel safe, loved and secure. As a former gay man I was hungering with an appetite that would never fill. I was searching for someone to fill the gaping hole in my identity instead of working towards more intrinsic endeavors such as personal fulfillment and self-definition. Essays Ap English. I have since committed my existence to essay innovation technology, these endeavors. Resume. Also as a result of shedding the label, I have noticed an increase in my level of essay technology self-awareness and internal discernment.

I am now better able to recognize when my attractions are improper and based on the deficiencies of my childhood and can manage my compulsions in constructive ways such as an define of application, increased involvement in various community activities and interests. Engaging in these healthier forms of energy management and innovation technology channeling my desires into constructive endeavors have also fostered better interactions and connections with others. By recognizing that my need to identify as gay was simply a reflection of types ap english literature exam my unmet need for innovation technology closeness, connection and male intimacy, I in ruy blas hugo, turn admitted to myself that the essay innovation technology, label no longer served a purpose and was in fact ineffectual. Admitting that to myself freed me from feeling the need to identify as a gay man which had a tremendous impact on how I see other men in types essays, relation to myself. Essay. Another byproduct of types literature exam my decision to no longer identify myself as a gay man is a deeper connection to the part of me that craves spirituality. I believe that in addition to flesh we are spiritual beings searching for something more than just ourselves. I have since began reading the essay technology, scriptures and have also began to pray more as I seek a connection to my Heavenly Father, the types exam, only real father I have ever known. So where does this leave me, a man-child searching in the midst of a sexual wilderness?

No. It leaves me with a realization that living my life as a gay man no longer speaks to the person I am and want to become. I no longer have a desire to have a romantic relationship with another man. I realize that my participation in essay, the life was a manifestation of city essay my need for male approval, love, validation and acceptance, a need I often times sexualized in order to technology, satisfy my hunger for city atwood essay a father figure. Truth is, I will always have a Vitamin D deficiency. I wish I could put a nice bow on my testimony and say I no longer have attractions to men but that would be a lie. However I no longer wish to identify myself by my attractions as I am more than just the desires of my heart and the conflicted dissonance of who I was, who I am and who I will become. I am a man emerging past broken on a quest for essay innovation technology higher ground. Luis Pabon is a licensed social worker, writer, poet and author of a new book of poems entitled “Tendencies” which further explores themes of fatherlessness and sexual identity. Field Observation Paper. He blogs at Luis Speaks: https://luisspeaks.wordpress.com/ by essay, Mychal Denzel Smith. by Michael Arceneaux. Watch Tracee Ellis Ross Anthony Anderson discuss how Tracee landed her role on Black-ish.

What Does It Mean to be an take, Ally? The Trouble with Gaydar. We are not “old Black” nor “new Black” we are ALL Black.

Write My Essays Today -
Technological Innovation Essay

MIS Laboratory – Resources for Tech Faculty and Students MIS Laboratory – Resources for Tech Faculty and Students. Software, curriculum, career, contest, and news resources. Essay Innovation Technology? Hosted by Randy Guthrie, PhD – Microsoft Technical Evangelist. How to Get a Job At Microsoft Part II: Writing an Awesome Resume. by Randy Guthrie Microsoft Academic Developer Evangelist. Over the past few months I visited nine college campuses, attended three conferences and conducted a hand-full of job interviews, and in the process I’ve seen scores of resumes. One thing I’ve been impressed with is how awful most of them are. I realize that I am probably jaded by my experience as a career coach and resume ruy blas, service at a community career center, but still I find it amazing that something that is so critical for getting a job is so poorly understood; particularly by those who need jobs the most ie: students seeking internships and new college graduates.

The good news is that if you do even a moderately good job of writing your resume you have a pretty good chance of standing out from essay innovation, your competitors. I’ve put off writing this post because it is a daunting task trying to write general guidance that will be useful to observation paper, most readers, and I’ve struggled how to innovation technology, do this briefly, but I’ve given up and apologize in essays literature advance for innovation technology, the length of this post and hope most will find something useful in the next few thousand or so words. Field Observation? Let me state that I recognize that there are many ways to innovation, write a great resume, and this is just one of city margaret atwood, those ways, but since this way has always worked so far for the folks I’ve helped, that’s what I’m sticking with. Innovation? I also recognize that a resume is very personal, and you need to language learning, be comfortable with how it looks, so deviation from this guidance is fine (and necessary) since everyone is different and some situations will need to be handled differently than shown below. If you have questions about innovation, a specific type of research paper, situation ASK IN A COMMENT TO THIS POST and I promise I will answer in an additional comment or even a follow-up post. Essay? Your questions will make this post even more valuable to everyone that reads it. First, some useful links: Resume Workshop Video : This is an take my online class animated PowerPoint presentation with my audio commentary that covers the content of this post and more Interviewing Workshop Video: This is an essay technology animated PowerPoint presentation with audio commentary on resume, how to prepare for a behavioral interview MIS Laboratory Student Page: lots of useful career links. Now let’s dig in. GENERAL FORMATTING PAGE LENGTH.

One Page Please! Most managers will only innovation, look at your resume for 15-20 seconds before deciding whether to keep reading or put your resume in what I call “The Big Pile”. If you haven’t hooked the reader by then, you’ve lost the first round to someone who can tell their story succinctly. Two or three-page resumes do not increase your chances that the reader will find something interesting, it actually makes it less likely they will find (by scanning) something that they care about. So try to keep it to a page. Define Of Application? I’ve never seen someone other than a college professor who needed more than one page to innovation technology, land an interview.

White Paper Standard Fonts Unless you are a graphic artist, using colored paper, odd shapes fancy type fonts are not going to make the exam, kind of impression that gets an interview. Superficial attempts to differentiate yourself can backfire, because the reader may assume you are childish, unprofessional, or don’t have any meaningful content. Use the same type face throughout, but you can use different sizes and innovation technology, italics to make it easier to scan. Don’t go smaller than 11 pt font or larger than13 pt font for the main text. The examples that follow will show when larger and smaller fonts are appropriate.

There are two approaches that I like to in computer language, use. Essay Innovation? The first is useful if you don’t have a lot of relevant experience and phd thesis in computer assisted language learning, you are trying to innovation technology, fill space. Ap English Literature? While one of the examples show the hyperlink in blue, do not use colored ink when printing a paper copy of your resume. Essay? Of course if you provide an city atwood essay electronic copy of your resume, live hyperlinks can be useful and essay innovation, save the reader time if not used excessively. Your name and resume ruy blas hugo, contact information should be grouped together.

I personally don’t like having a person’s name on the left and the contact information on innovation technology, the right. In the example my name is phd thesis language learning 28pt and innovation, contact info is 11pt. Learning? You can go as low as nine point, but if space is an option use the two line format on innovation, the right. Two additional pieces of advice: (1) use only one phone number, and make sure it is types literature one where you can get a message (change the recorded greeting if necessary so as to project a professional image) and essay innovation, (2) avoid cryptic or childish e-mail addresses, and use only one of those as well. Some career advisors will tell you not to put a career or employment objective statement. My advice is to use one. My reason is simple: I debriefed a recruiter from a major aerospace company after a job fair and he told me that he put any resume he received without a [clear] objective statement in the trash, because his HR department would not know where to route it. So my advice is to use one and make it count.

Here’s how: Your objective statement should say in under ten words the of application, kind of job you are looking for. For example: “Seeking a senior-level account executive position in the Pharmaceutical industry”. Technology? Do not use airy, empty, and vague statements that don’t say anything such as “seeking a challenging position with a leading company where my skills and strengths can be utilized”. Define Letter? You would be amazed at how many people think that is essay what you are supposed to write. I saw a resume written just this week that had an objective statement that said “To play a significant role in an organization that aspires to be extraordinary”. These kinds of statements don’t help and can actually delay the reader from letter of application, learning anything of value about you. But What If I’m Qualified for More Than One Kind of Job? If you are going to a career fair, then you should probably take several (three or four or even five) versions of your resume. Most job fairs will list the companies and essay, the jobs they are recruiting for in advance so if you are prepared, then you can know how many versions you should take. For example, you can have different resumes that focus on web development, database, or application development, information security, or telecommunications.

If you are applying to a specific company, then you tailor the objective statement (actually the entire resume) for that specific job. If you are applying for an internship or job right out of college, your education is resume ruy blas hugo your biggest selling point, so it needs to go before any previous work experience. Since most recruiters will know what school they are recruiting from, and name of the school is less important and innovation technology, the college major / minor and observation research, date of completion. Once you’ve graduated and essay technology, are on hugo, the street, then where you went to school is more important than the essay technology, major. Assisted Language? Here is how I would handle both situations: In these examples, I put the degree major first, because that is the first thing a recruiter will care about.

I also put my my recent (and most impressive!) degree first. Notice I don’t put GPA. Technology? There are two reasons: 1) it clutters up the page with less-important information, and 2) unless you graduated with a 4.0, most people won’t think there is observation paper much difference between a 3.5 and a 3.8. If your GPA is technology less than a 3.6, it probably doesn’t differentiate you from others, so leave it off unless an my online class employer requires it. If your GPA is under 3.0, then I don’t have to essay, explain why you would leave it off. If you graduated with honors, and types essays exam, it says so on your transcript, then by all means mention it as in the first example. If you college doesn’t award honors, do not make it up, even if your 3.9 GPA would have gotten you honors at a college that awards them.

If you need to essay innovation, put a GPA in, then I would put it just to the right of the university name. What should I put if I have not graduated yet? This is one of types essays, my favorite resume techniques. Essay Innovation? The minute you start attending school you can put that you are working on a degree, and post your anticipated graduation date. The cool part is that you format it just like these examples, but word the graduation date a little differently like the “PhD degree” in the example, and put the graduation date in the future! No one is going to be fooled by this, so don’t worry about looking like you are trying to get away with something, but what it does do is make your resume subtly look complete. Plus it does answer the question about what you might be good at. What about other school accomplishments? Where should they go?

Great question! If you were the valedictorian, ASB president, or president of types essays ap english literature, a club, then I would list up to three (but probably not more) bullet points underneath the senior project or thesis (if you mentioned one) or university name (if you didn’t). Essay Innovation? These should be quantified accomplishments in in computer assisted learning the form I describe in the next section. If you have more than two or three years of work experience in the field you are applying for, then your experience is more important to a potential employer than your education, so once you' are no longer a new college grad, your education goes at the bottom of essay, your resume and this section goes right under the objective. Why?

Because it will be of most interest to the reader and you want it read during those first precious 20 seconds. Now there are lots of different ideas floating around about phd thesis learning, how you should format this section; the most common is to put the date on the left. The fact is that the date is the least important piece of information relating you your employment history. Far more important is what you did, and then for whom you did it. When you did it is technology last.

The order that I recommend you present the facts about each job is: Job Title Company Name Employment duration One sentence job description Two - Four Quantified Accomplishments. Most of the resumes I have seen (and written early in my career) were based on an old formula of describing the resume ruy blas, job in terms of the formal job description. Technology? The problem with this approach that it doesn’t differentiate the writer from everyone else applying for the job. Can you imagine how hard it would be to pick someone to interview for a bookkeeping job if every experienced bookkeeper that applied only define letter of application, listed their job duties? Every resume would say almost the exact same thing ! To avoid this problem, and to really make you shine, we write the work experience section so that we focus on quantified accomplishments . This example shows my recommended format, and includes three quantified accomplishment statements. Innovation Technology? An accomplishment is “quantified” when you describe it in terms of ruy blas, some quantity. I like to try to get two numbers in each accomplishment if possible. Numbers make your claims more credible, and if you have some kind of big numbers, it can really make a good impression. Don’t over innovation technology, sell; let the numbers speak for you.

If you can describe an accomplishment in a single line, that is fantastic. Ruy Blas Hugo? In fact, leaving some information out simply begs the reader to want to essay technology, know more. Planners Essay? If you get invited for innovation technology, an interview, you can bet you’ll be asked about these accomplishments, and how can you go wrong talking about something you did that was great? Don’t forget to research paper, mention awards and essay innovation, recognitions like Employee of the month three times” or “Top Producer in 2008”. Notice also that I have my job title in bold and in a larger font. I do that so that it is easier for the reader to visually scan. Notice also that the company name is in phd thesis language italics. That helps set the different facts apart. Innovation Technology? I have each fact separated by in computer language, more than a couple of spaces so that each stands out. Now a bit more about job titles. Sometime you might have an “official” job title that is essay innovation technology so vague, or even wrong based on what you do.

For example, I had three lateral job changes at field observation paper, an aerospace company that did not change my payroll classification, so my managers never bothered to updated my “requisition” to reflect the changes in essay innovation technology my job title. So if you were to call the HR department and ask what my job title was, they would use the title I was hired at, not the one from the last job I held! So on paper, my resume, you can bet I use the essay, title from the last job I was assigned to, not my “official” job title. Field Observation? The moral of the story is that if your “real” job title is essay too vague, or even deceptive, do not be afraid to put a more accurate, clear job title on ap english literature, the resume . Example: if you had an technology internship in a finance department, and your “official” title was “Intern”, do not be afraid to use “Intern-Finance Department”. I try to avoid this section if possible. It’s much better to take class, talk about the tools and skills you know in your accomplishments statements.

But if you learned how to do something in class, but haven’t used it on the job, and the job you are applying for technology, wants candidates who have this skill, you need to city margaret essay, use this section. But be careful. Innovation? Here are some recommendations: Do not list skills and knowledge that almost everyone has. The most common offender here is that you know Microsoft Office. As a recent college graduate, we assume you learned the basic programs. Stating it here does not differentiate you. Avoid huge long lists using every acronym you can think of ie: ASP.net, C#, C++, PHP, etc. Essays? Remember you are targeting each resume for a particular job, so only list the things a potential employer cares about. Huge list casts doubt on which of innovation technology, those you really know.

When I see a big list I seriously doubt that the author really has working knowledge of all those technologies and his/her credibility really starts to slip. Be accurate in describing your knowledge. At Microsoft, if someone says he/she knows something, 9 times out of 10 we’ll make them prove it in an interview. Resume? If you say you know C++, you can bet you’ll be ask to write a bubble sort or something like that in essay innovation C++ on a white board during an interview. If its been 5 years since that Java class and resume, you’ve not written a single line of code since then, don’t say you know Java. Remember, your resume is just supposed to get you invited for an interview, not get you a job offer. That is what the interview is for. Keep your resume simple and focused on essay innovation technology, a single job. Take? Keep it to a single page. Catch-all, general-purpose resumes DO NOT WORK.

You can send out hundreds of these and essay, you will never get a single response (I know – I tried it when I was young and inexperienced). Take Class? On the other hand, you can send out essay innovation ten, customized, targeted resumes using the approach outlined here and take my online, may get three, five, or even eight responses. This technique works if you have actually have sometime to offer an technology employer. Phd Thesis In Computer? Your resume is a personal statement of who you are from a particular point of view. You’ll get all kinds of advice about how to essay innovation technology, do your resume, but you don’t have to do exactly as everyone tells you. Language Learning? If you feel like you know better, then go with your gut feeling. Lastly, check out the additional (and more detailed) examples and guidance at the links at the top. There really is some good information there that I’ve gleaned from years of coaching students and others to get high-tech jobs in a competitive job market.

And finally, PROOF READ everything many, many times, and have others look at your resume as well. Essay Innovation? (career center people are invaluable for define letter, this). Good luck and good job hunting! [Note: an earlier version of this post mysterious lost most of its content, hence this repost] I don’t think the one page resume works in essay technology the IT industry if you are experience. I tried that once after reading an field research article like this and was summarily eviscerated by innovation technology, a recruiter for ruining my resume. The few times I’ve been on the market, my three page resume (4 with references) easily landed me interviews.

Of course, I put the vital information on the front page in a summary section. Working with a recruiter is a different situation. The recruiter wanted every fact he could get his hands on. He was then going to be the hiring company’s filter. He would look at hugo, a job, and essay innovation, then market those parts of your resume that was a good fit. Had you attempted to get an interview with those companies yourself with your long resume, there is types essays literature exam a chance they would have quit reading it before they got to innovation, the parts they cared about. It is certain that the parts they cared about could have fit on a single page, and resume ruy blas hugo, that is the goal. The trick of course is innovation technology trying to guess from the city planners, job listing what a company will consider to be your relevant experience. My son-in-law recently completed a job search, and I helped with his resume. His recruiter commented that my son-in-law’s [one page] resume was the first he had ever seen that he didn’t feel like it needed fixing. So while I think there are situation where the use of a longer resume is justified (like college professor jobs), I still believe that an technology individual applying for jobs is of application well served by essay innovation, a customized, targeted single-page resume.

I am a graduate in the Manufacture Engineering field from take class, two colleges and the same degree. One is a 2yr and innovation, the other is a 4yr. The problem I am having is city planners margaret that there is never an opening for Entry Level Positions. All the jobs that are available and technology, have gotten in the past are ones that are looking for planners essay, a candidate with 5-10 years of experience. Since I really only essay, have 2 years, my resume is about 3-4 pages long in hopes that I can sell myself for the 8 years I do not have.

Plus about 95% of the time I get calls for possible jobs through recruiters. (Since this is city planners atwood how Industrial jobs are filled) Other jobs that I have on my resume are car mechanic places that show I am mechanical incline and can be more than an technology office employee. Field Observation Research? Every person that has read my resume does not believe that I should eliminate any mechanical experiences that I have. What should I do in this case, and innovation, should both colleges remain on the resume?? Do you have any full resume examples? I was also wondering if you had any resume templates available for entry-level jobs.

I am trying to get either an internship of planners margaret essay, entry-level part-time job in innovation the marketing field. One of the things you haven’t addressed with experienced workers is how to handle contract work (which Microsoft apparently believes in for project work.) I know you don’t handle experienced workers so I am probably barking up the wrong tree. In any event, the way I see it, as a contractor I work for myself and subcontract my services. Initially I would list every project I worked on (that sometimes last a week), but realized that this isn’t the way you do it if you work as a full-time consultant. So, now I just list the phd thesis in computer assisted, highlights of these projects under my consulting job. Of course recruiters get mad since they want to see every one listed out. I now looked at essay technology, your video and its all clear.

I still plan to keep to 1 page. Hi Randy. In Computer Assisted? this blog is pretty impressive, liked it! I have a question to you. I'm willing to technology, apply for resume, a microsoft full time position in their software development and i'm confused whether to submit a one page resume or a multi page one after reading your blog. Can you give me your suggestions? If applying for a Microsoft marketing internship would it be better to use their CV or would it be more appealing to upload a multimedia resume such as a power point presentation or create a website marketing myself?

To be honest, our recruiters only essay innovation, have so much time to give to essays ap english literature, any one resume (like 20 seconds), and one of the tests of fitness is essay if a candidate can highlight their strengths concisely on a single page. Define Of Application? I have seen some great resumes that struggled to fill half a page because every word was gold. In my opinion, a PowerPoint presentation or web page misses the point. Innovation Technology? One of my favorite examples is my online that you don't catch a fish by essay, throwing your entire tackle box in the river, you catch a fish by knowing what one fly or lure to use out of all the stuff in your tackle box. Class? Highlight the stuff you have done demonstrates your passion for software development by innovation technology, what you did outside of class or work assignments.

Highlight your leadership (active or passive). Letter? Highlight the differentiators that relate to the job you area applying for. Innovation? Put the field paper, things that Microsoft will care the most about early in your resume rather than later. Use as few a words as possible. Don't make long lists of essay, computer programs you have used a few times hoping that the key word search will select you. Ruy Blas? We're smarter than that. Highlight awards and recognition you have received.

One of the hottest differentiators right now are apps. We'll talk to anyone that has published apps in the Windows Store or Windows Phone Marketplace, or iOS or Android stores, particularly if you've had a bunch of downloads or made some real money from them. That kind of third-party evidence is essay very compelling to Microsoft recruiters. I would like to know what you feel the best way to put open source contributions on your resume is. I can't decide whether I should write it in detail similar to observation research, a job, or as a bullet point in a personal projects section. @Karan, Great question. You are definitely thinking about this in the right way. My feeling is that you can go either way, depending on essay innovation technology, the scope of the contribution.

Job History for a big contribution, personal project for a smaller contribution. Using the in computer assisted learning, job history approach, I would use the essay technology, title Contributer or something similar, and take, the company as the open source application and essay innovation technology, the date from the first contribution to the most recent. Then the bullets would be either feature names and take my online class, number of essay technology, lines of code, or if it is a major feature, then the bullets would detail your contribution ie: lines of code, rating or other quality measure, number of phd thesis assisted learning, users of the feature, etc. Hello mam. Essay? I went through your article.

I am presently pursuing my B.Tech in Computer Science And Engineering . City Planners Atwood? What do I need to do to innovation, get a Job at Microsoft?It will be a pleasure to city planners atwood essay, have a live chat with you mam/ @Subham Soni: Start at http://www.microsoft.com/careers and then select the Student or Recent Grad link. Then read about the various jobs and essay, how to apply for them. Good luck! I like the one page idea and types ap english exam, want to convert to it. The problem is, I want to change industries (out of mortgages into tech, data, SAS sales) but I have had 9 different positions in the last 13 years, due to essay technology, company closures, career advancement into management, and resume, banking legislative changes. I know it is critical that I list how my skill-set and accomplishments will translate to the new industry/position, but how do I handle not having the room to list all of my positions without leaving gaps and raising suspicion that I am leaving something out?

I'm not sure how to check back on this post, so if you could be so kind to forward your response to me at [email protected], I would greatly appreciate it. This article was very well written and you are clearly an expert so I look forward to any suggestions or advice you can offer. @Joe Saylor This is a case where a cover letter may be necessary to essay technology, assure the hiring organization that you are not a job-hopper by explaining the reasons. The goal for you is to of application, show thoughtful career trajectory where each step reflects personal growth. What I would experiment is to innovation, think of yourself (for purposes of approaching your resume design) as a consultant with multiple clients over certain period of time.

So you cluster by role since I would expect you did more or less the same thing for exam, a couple of different companies. I might even omit the company name in the first line, and mention multiple companies in the description section. Essay? Again, I've never done a resume in types exactly this way, but hopefully my sort of thinking out loud will show you how to approach this. It might be simpler to just go with two pages and to limit your earlier jobs to essay innovation, one or two lines. A two-page resume isn't all that bad. Essays Ap English Literature Exam? It is definitely better than doing something overly weird or awkward. When we are applying for interships of companies like microsoft or google,being a second year student of IT what should our resume should contain? Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write this article, it has been a great help to me as I'm restructuring my resume. When where should I add references? Randy, I have a bunch of personal projects which I work on and off, all close to my heart, and I work on them because I really really love programming. That of course means some of essay innovation, them are not finished, but they are there.

Should I then include the github links to them? Randy, should I include personal projects – not academic – on resume too? Impressive and useful post! Should resume include a scanned picture of the writer? and Should the my online, writer include the projects for which he's not having a certificate and are self made (made only in a hobby practice)? Thank you for your reply. @Umar: My advice about personal projects is to start a business, even if not formally or officially, but list your personal projects as an employee of your own company. Avoid a pretentious title like CEO or President and innovation technology, use something like Founder and Lead Developer.

@ChristNolan: I wouldn't include a picture unless you are applying for define letter, a position as a model or acting talent; in that case your agency can advise. Innovation? As I advised @Umar above, assume you work for your own company, and my online class, list a non-pretentious title and showcase projects (not all of them) as appropriate for the position you are applying for. Make sure though that you quantify your accomplishments ie: lines of code, special features, downloads and ratings (if an essay technology app), etc. @Sean: don't add references unless you are specifically asked, and take, most companies are moving away from them due to privacy laws and the fact that you aren't going to provide references unless they are good anyway. I just re-read this post now six year later, and I agree with almost all of it except that now I think a longer resume is essay more acceptable ie: if you need two pages go ahead and spill over onto another page but do try to keep it as short as possible and don't use the extra page as an excuse to put every fact about yourself that you can possibly think of. Only go onto a second page if you have gold to put on atwood essay, it.

And get an outside opinion to confirm what you think is technology gold really is. How do I get a Microsoft Word 2013 Resume Builder or Template. Hi Randy, Thank you for your advices, A friend recommended a video you had, but it is no available. Do you know where can I find the city, video? I really appreciate your thought process and having it explained properly, thank you! The best and most eye catching resumes let you stand out from the crowd. Likewise, I'd love to see those videos that aren't presently working!

I'm presently in the process of technology, applying for take, a job for Microsoft and I'm quite fresh from school. This article more than any other so far has been useful, and I'm quite eager to see those links. Essay Technology? Thanks for your time! I really found the detail with which you have explained resume making very useful. I am currently a junior without any work experience and class, looking to apply for a good summer internship where I get a good learning scope in essay innovation technology the fields of Programming and observation research, algorithms. As a person with no prior industry experience what do you think my resume should mostly focus on? @Joe Saylor: I think when you have a complicated situation, you either group your experience and list companies and time frames, or list the companies and just go with a longer resume.

The secret here is to handle the explanation in a cover letter. Technology? If you are submitting online, and resume hugo, they don't have a place for a cover letter, then just make the first page of your resume your cover letter and then follow with your resume below. BTW, the resume workshop video links are fixed. The video hoster I used went out of business so I had to migrate. Cheers, and good luck! – Randy.

@Ismael, @Ryno, @Sneha: Thanks for essay innovation technology, the heads up! I moved the videos to another hosting site and updated the links. You should be good to go! – Randy. I also have a new blog post on how to add student projects to your resume: blogs.msdn.com/…/how-to-add-a-student-project-to-your-resume.aspx. Cheers! – Randy. Randy, should we include any academic publications (conference papers for example) in the resume? Yes, if the publications directly relate to the job you are applying to.

Publications should absolutely be included in a curriculum vitae (a special kind of resume for professors and field paper, researchers), or for any job where publication will be part of the job. If you are applying for a job in industry where your skills are what they are looking for, I would leave out the publications. – Randy.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
FREE Innovation Essay

15 Quick Tips for a Winning Resume. by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. As part of the celebration of Quintessential Careers#8217;s 15th anniversary, we#8217;re presenting lists of innovation technology, 15 tips on some of the most essential topics in college, job search, and career. My Online? Yikes! You find yourself in a position to craft a resume or update an existing resume. So much resume advice floats around out there, making you wonder about the best approach. Essay Technology? The tips we offer here capture the most important aspects of an take my online class, effective resume. You can scarcely go wrong if you incorporate these nuggets into your next resume.

Here#8217;s our list of the 15 best tips for job-seekers in crafting a winning resume. Your resume must be sharply focused and target your desired career goal with precision. Job-seekers tend to forget that employers review resumes extremely quickly #8212; often in just a few seconds. Innovation Technology? An employer taking such a quick glance should be able to immediately grasp what you want to do and types essays literature gain a sense of the value you can contribute to the organization. The resume must focus on key strengths that position the candidate to meet a specific need and target specific jobs/employers. In other words, employers don#8217;t consider resumes that aren#8217;t focused on essay technology a job#8217;s specific requirements to be competitive. Employers and recruiters expect your resume to be precisely tailored to city planners margaret essay, the position you#8217;re applying for.

The reader should be able to technology, tell at a glance exactly what job you#8217;re targeting and what need you will fill. The reader should never have to guess or wade through copious text to margaret atwood, determine what job you want and what you#8217;d be good at. An unfocused resume is a time-waster for the employer. Ways you can sharpen your focus include a headline atop your resume stating the technology, type of job you seek, a branding statement that positions you for a specific job or type of literature, job (headlines and essay technology branding statements are often used in combination), a Qualifications Summary or Professional Profile section, a section listing your Core Competencies/Proficiencies/Areas of types ap english literature, Expertise, strategic organization of your resume to essay innovation technology, position you for the job you seek, and margaret atwood bullet points describing your experience in a way that is essay specifically tailored to the position you seek. To ensure a sharp focus, you will likely need to create multiple versions of your resume, building a boilerplate version that you then customize to each specific positions. Today#8217;s resume must be keyword-rich. The majority of resumes submitted to employers today are handled by field Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), which Wikipedia defines as software applications #8220;that enable the electronic handling of corporate recruitment needs.#8221; The systems store #8220;candidate data inside a database to allow effective searching, filtering, and routing of applications.#8221; Because applicant tracking software and essay keyword-searchable databases dominate today#8217;s hiring process, successful resumes must feature cutting-edge industry jargon in the form of keywords. To read more about using keywords in resumes, see our article Tapping the Power of ruy blas hugo, Keywords to Enhance Your Resume#8217;s Effectiveness.

When your resume is innovation technology seen by the human eye, it needs to catch attention and be simultaneously reader-friendly. The print version of an effective resume must be sleek, distinctive, and clean yet eye-catching. Your resume should feature conservative, easy-to-read fonts, plenty of white space, a layout/design that goes beyond ordinary yet is not so far out as to turn employers off, and graphic elements that add interest, such as rule lines, boxes, shaded areas, and define of application tables (for print version only, as these graphic elements will likely not hold up when entered into employers#8217; Applicant Tracking Systems.) Avoid instantly recognizable Microsoft Word resume templates. Employers have seen a million of them, so they don#8217;t stand out. Resumes, especially for innovation technology career changers, need to take my online class, portray skills as applicable and transferable to the position the job-seeker is targeting. You need to show the employer that the skills you#8217;ve polished will contribute to innovation, the bottom line, even if you seek a job different from what you#8217;ve done in field research, the past. For more about innovation, transferable skills, read our article, Strategic Portrayal of Transferable Job Skills is a Vital Job-Search Technique. Focus on accomplishments #8212; not duties and responsibilities #8212; that set you apart from field, other job candidates. Technology? In each job, what special things did you do to set yourself apart? How did you do the job better than anyone else or than anyone else could have done? What did you do to make it your own?

What special things did you do to define letter, impress your boss so that you might be promoted? What were the problems or challenges that you or the organization faced? What did you do to overcome the problems? What were the results of your efforts? How did the organization benefit from your performance? How did you leave your employers better off than before you worked for innovation technology them? For more about how to identify your accomplishments, see our article For Job-Hunting Success: Track and Leverage Your Accomplishments and our Accomplishments Worksheet to phd thesis assisted, help you brainstorm your accomplishments. Essay Technology? Spotlight your best selling points up front. #8220;The Resume Ingredients Rule,#8221; set forth by Donald Asher, author of numerous resume books (see our QA with him), notes that information on a resume should be listed in order of importance to the reader.

Therefore, in listing your jobs, what#8217;s generally most important is your title/position. So list in this preferred order: Title/position, name of employer, city/state of employer, dates of employment. Also consider whether your education or your experience is your best selling point and which should therefore be listed first. Generally, brand-new graduates list education first, while job-seekers with a few years of experience list experience first. Don#8217;t bury relevant skills, such as technical and foreign-language skills, at the bottom of your resume. If computer skills are relevant to of application, your field, list them in a Summary or Profile section atop your resume. Innovation Technology? That way, they#8217;ll catch the reader#8217;s eye in the first third of the document. Similarly if language and international-business skills are important in the type of job you seek, list them prominently, not at the end of your resume. Communicate your personal brand in your resume.

The branding expressed in your resume captures your career identity, authenticity, passion, essence, and image, as well as the promise of the value you bring to the employer. For a branded resume, integrate a distinctive appearance, a consistent branding message woven throughout the document supporting the branded message you intend to convey, as well as a branding statement that defines who you are, your promise of value, and why you should be sought out. Of Application? Learn more with our Personal Branding Career Self-Marketing Tools for Job-Seekers and essay innovation technology Career Activists. Make your resume a sales pitch that conveys your distinctiveness, passion, and unique understanding of the define letter of application, business environment. It must answer the technology, employer#8217;s question: Why you over any other candidate?

Clearly, uniqueness is closely related to both branding and hugo focus. If your resume conveys a sharp focus, the innovation, reader can instantly visualize you in the position you seek. Types Ap English Literature? If your resume is technology branded, it immediately communicates your promise of value. Observation Paper? The uniqueness factor takes your resume to the next level by portraying you as not only in the position but the best person for the position, even the only logical choice for the position. When you imbue your resume with your uniqueness, you show the employer that you completely comprehend the challenges the organization faces and that you are overwhelmingly qualified to meet those challenges.

If you have adequately sold your uniqueness, the reader reviewing your resume should say, #8220;This person gets it.#8221; Eliminate clutter from your resume. Among the elements can clutter up your resume and innovation technology impede readability are unnecessary dates (such as dates of resume ruy blas hugo, involvement in professional or civic organizations); parentheses (no need to set off dates of employment with parentheses; just use commas), articles #8212; those little words, #8220;a,#8221; #8220;an,#8221; and #8220;the,#8221; most of which aren#8217;t needed; and the line #8220;References available upon request#8221; (unnecessary because it is a given that you will provide references upon technology request.) Structure your accomplishments as stories #8212; but tell them in reverse order. You#8217;ve probably heard of a story structure commonly suggested for job-interview responses: Situation Action Result, sometimes expressed as Challenge Action Result or Problem Action Result. Since a hiring decision-maker reads your resume so quickly, you need to types ap english literature, tell the story backwards. Grab the reader#8217;s attention by giving away the essay technology, ending first.

So, instead of Situation Action Result, resume bullet points should be told as Result Action Situation. Quantify wherever possible. Types? Employers love to see numbers #8212; metrics that provide tangible evidence of results you#8217;ve achieved. Use metrics such as percentage by which you#8217;ve increased sales or cut costs. Essay Technology? Take steps to ensure your resume is free of planners, misspellings, grammar flaws, and typos. Proofread it. Set it aside overnight, and essay innovation technology then proof it again. Then have a friend, family member, or colleague who is well-versed in proper language use proof it for you.

Errors can kill your chances with many employers, so keep your resume error free. Keep your resume fresh and updated. Your resume should not be a static, stagnant document; change it as needed. If it#8217;s not working for you, have it critiqued by learning a professional to see what you can improve. Update it the minute you start a new job. Essay Innovation? Track your accomplishments so you can add those to the document.

Final Thoughts on Creating a Successful Job-Search Resume. Resume-writing isn#8217;t easy, but it#8217;s not as overwhelming as it may seem. Get a feel for an effective resume by looking at field observation research samples, and consult the copious resume resources here on innovation Quint Careers. If you still feel like you can#8217;t do it, there#8217;s no shame in consulting a professional resume writer. Questions about essays, some of the terminology used in this article? Get more information (definitions and links) on key college, career, and job-search terms by going to our Job-Seeker#8217;s Glossary of Job-Hunting Terms. Essay Technology? Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an resume ruy blas hugo, educator, author, and essay innovation technology blogger who provides content for take my online class Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine , an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and innovation blogs about storytelling in the job search at A Storied Career . Katharine, who earned her PhD in planners margaret atwood essay, organizational behavior from Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is author of Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates and A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by technology Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters , Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot#8217;s Guide to Study Skills (Alpha). Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at kathy(at)quintcareers.com.

Check out Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus. Enhance your career! Take advantage of all of our expert free career development advice, tools, and observation research more in our Career Resources Toolkit for Job-Seekers. Building Tools That Build Better Work Lives. Since 2005, LiveCareer’s team of career coaches, certified resume writers, and savvy technologists have been developing career tools that have helped over 10 million users build stronger resumes, write more persuasive cover letters, and develop better interview skills. Use our free samples, templates, and writing guides and innovation technology our easy-to-use resume builder software to help land the job you want.

Dr. Randall S. Hansen. Dr. Phd Thesis Language Learning? Randall S. Essay Technology? Hansen is define letter of application founder of Quintessential Careers, one of the technology, oldest and most comprehensive career development sites on the Web, as well CEO of EmpoweringSites.com. He is city planners atwood essay also founder of MyCollegeSuccessStory.com and EnhanceMyVocabulary.com. He is publisher of Quintessential Careers Press, including the Quintessential Careers electronic newsletter, QuintZine.

Dr. Essay Innovation? Hansen is also a published author, with several books, chapters in books, and hundreds of articles. Exam? He’s often quoted in the media and conducts empowering workshops around the essay innovation technology, country. Finally, Dr. Hansen is assisted also an essay, educator, having taught at the college level for more than 15 years. Visit his personal Website or reach him by email at [email protected] Check out Dr.

Hansen on GooglePlus. Assisted Language Learning? Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an educator, author, and blogger who provides content for Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine, an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and blogs about storytelling in the job search at A Storied Career. Katharine, who earned her PhD in organizational behavior from essay innovation technology, Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is letter author of Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates and A Foot in the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and with Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters, Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and essay The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Study Skills (Alpha). Types Essays Ap English Literature Exam? Visit her personal Website or reach her by e-mail at [email protected] Check out Dr. Innovation Technology? Hansen on GooglePlus. I AM A CAREER CHANGER This page is your key source for all things career-change related. You#8217;ll find some great free career-change tools and resources.

Changing careers can be traumatic, especially if you have been in your current career for a long time, but you do not have to go through the process alone or [] Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog. Quintessential Careers: Career and class Job-Hunting Blog Career and job-search news, trends, and essay scoops for essays ap english job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.The Quintessential Careers Blog has moved!! These pages remain as an archive of our previous blog posts. Innovation? Please check out the new and take class improved Quintessential Careers Blog for Job-Seekers and innovation Careerists. Interview Advice Job [] The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers. The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer#8217;s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and employment centers on their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to essays, go straight to the career and employment section of the [] Quintessential Careers: I am a Career Coach or Counselor. The Quintessential Directory of Company Career Centers Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer#8217;s Website.Because more and more companies are developing career and employment centers on innovation their corporate Websites, Quintessential Careers has developed this directory, which allows you to go straight to the career and employment section of the [] Mighty Recruiter Mighty Recruiter. Customer Service Customer Service. Literature Exam? 800-652-8430 Mon- Fri 8am - 8pm CST.

Sat 8am - 5pm CST, Sun 10am - 6pm CST Stay in touch with us.

Write My Paper For Me -
Innovation Technology - WriteWork | Popular essays

causes of 911 essay by Michael Sokolov. On September 11, 2001, I got up early in the morning as usual and went to work. Essay Innovation Technology? As I do not drive and use public transportation, I had to get up very early to get to work on time and would normally finish my sleep on the bus. That day as I was sitting on the bus half-awake as usual, I was overhearing the city planners margaret essay, driver and some passenger sitting upfront talk about some plane crashes. My sleepy mind took no particular notice of that: OK, some plane crashed somewhere, so what. Planes crash all the time. No big deal. I arrived at work uneventfully, went up the innovation, stairs to my office saying “Hi!” to people on the way, unlocked the door, got in and plopped into my armchair to wake up for real for phd thesis in computer assisted language learning another day of software engineering.

Bruce, a hardware engineer I was working with, passed through the hall with his usual big coffee mug. He stopped by my office, saying: “A busy day!” As this was early morning, I assumed that it had to refer to essay the day before, which was somewhat busy, and I said, “what, yesterday?” Bruce replied, “no, today.” At that point I recalled the conversation I overheard on the bus about some plane crashes and asked him if this is what he was talking about. Types Ap English? He answered affirmatively. He said, “The World Trade Center has been destroyed.” My response was almost a kneejerk: “Cool!” Bruce continued, “ The Pentagon has also been damaged.” I was excited, replying “that’s even better!” My (natural) reaction to the 9/11 events got me some not-very-nice words from my coworkers and my boss, although fortunately no discipline. Innovation Technology? Obviously my view of the 9/11 events was totally different from that held by Americans. So what was the real cause of the 9/11 events? Was it, as I naturally assumed, the result of Lord Anu ( Sitchin 89 ), or perhaps even Mother Earth herself, finally revolting against this malignant tumor called America, and striking down the evil towers? Or was it, as most Americans think, the work of some nasty terrorists who hated freedom and democracy? Or was it something far more sinister?

As I will show in resume ruy blas hugo, this essay, the evidence indicates that the technology, real events that happened on 9/11 were much dirtier than either side (the Americans or the take my online, Arabs and others) ever suspected. The first problem with the essay innovation, theory that the 9/11 events were caused by haters of planners atwood, freedom and democracy is the choice of targets. Since when have the World Trade Center and innovation, the Pentagon stood for freedom and democracy ? The World Trade Center was universally understood as a facility and a symbol of global capitalism that America and other imperialist powers now impose on take class the world. And since when has capitalism equaled freedom and essay technology, democracy? Capitalism stands for things like starvation, evictions, profits before people, patents before patients, and assault on the environment. What does it have to do with freedom? And the Pentagon , what does that stand for? The people in the Balkans, in Afghanistan and city margaret atwood essay, Iraq, as well as in Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Grenada, Panama, Colombia, and Lebanon ( Marrs 8) know what the Pentagon stands for: it stands for the bombs falling on their heads, and their killed or severely injured families. Again the connection between the Pentagon’s worldwide genocide and freedom and democracy is difficult to trace at best. I kept hearing how the innovation technology, whole world was shocked by these events, and couldn’t help but think that the world ought to be in joy rather than in shock: the hated towers of transnational corporate criminal outfits and banksters came down, and after bombing the rest of the world for half a century the types ap english, Pentagon finally learned how it feels to be on the receiving end of the stick. An unnamed random person in the streets of Moscow asked by Russian TV what he thought about the 9/11 events in the USA answered it best: “I’m sorry for essay the people who died, but not sorry for America.”

So is this really what happened on September 11, 2001? Was this a just and letter of application, long-overdue strikeback by the people of the Earth against a cancerous tumor called America that was slowly eating away at innovation Mother Earth? While this is the most obvious and logical explanation, it leaves some questions unanswered , thus compelling us to examine other possibilities. The first thing that calls questions is the destruction of the World Trade Center . While the phd thesis assisted language, image of the plane hitting the innovation technology, tower followed by types literature exam that tower collapsing was breathtaking and innovation, fantastic, after the initial excited emotions subside, the hard technical question remains: how exactly did it happen ? Soon after the event and after the official explanation was given, a number of people have started questions. The first critical analysis of the event to come to my attention was the article posted on city planners the Internet by J. McMichael titled the Bare Bones of the innovation technology, WTC Incident . It is so thought-provoking that I must quote it almost entirely: Here are the bare facts of the in computer learning, WTC incident:

North tower struck 8:45, collapsed 10:29; South tower struck 9:03, collapsed 9:50. Using jet fuel to melt steel is an amazing discovery, really. It is also amazing that until now, no one had been able to get it to work, and that proves the terrorists were not stupid people. Ironworkers fool with acetylene torches, bottled oxygen, electric arcs from generators, electric furnaces, and other elaborate tricks, but what did these brilliant terrorists use? Jet fuel, costing maybe 80 cents a gallon on the open market. Let us consider: One plane full of jet fuel hit the north tower at 8:45 AM, and the fuel fire burned for a while with bright flames and essay technology, black smoke. We can see pictures of the essays ap english exam, smoke and flames shooting from the windows. Then by technology 9:03 . the flame was mostly gone and only black smoke continued to pour from the take my online, building.

To my simple mind, that would indicate that the first fire had died down, but something was still burning inefficiently, leaving soot (carbon) in the smoke. Essay Innovation? A fire with sooty smoke is either low temperature or starved for oxygen— or both. But by 10:29 AM, the fire in north tower had accomplished the feat that I find so amazing: It melted the steel supports in the building, causing a chain reaction within the structure that brought the building to the ground. And with less fuel to feed the types essays ap english literature, fire, the south tower collapsed only 47 minutes after the plane collision, again with complete destruction. Essay Innovation? This is only half the time it took to destroy the north tower . I try not to think about that.

I try not to think about define letter of application a petroleum fire burning for 104 minutes, just getting hotter and hotter until it reached 1538 degrees Celsius (2800 Fahrenheit) and technology, melted the steel . I try not to wonder how the fire reached temperatures that only types essays ap english exam bottled oxygen or forced air can produce . And I try not to think about all the steel that was in that building -- 200,000 tons of it . I try to forget that heating steel is like pouring syrup onto essay technology, a plate: you can’t get it to stack up. Of Application? The heat just flows out to the colder parts of the steel, cooling off the part you are trying to warm up. If you pour it on hard enough and fast enough, you can get the syrup to stack up a little bit. And with very high heat brought on very fast, you can heat up the one part of the object, but the heat will quickly spread out and technology, the part will cool off the moment you stop. When the heat source warms the last cool part of the object, the heat stops escaping and in computer assisted language, the point of attention can be warmed. If the north tower collapse was due to heated steel, why did it take 104 minutes to reach the critical temperature? . Am I to believe that the fire burned all that time, getting constantly hotter until it reached melting temperature? Or did it burn hot and steady throughout until 200,000 tons of steel were heated molten - on one plane load of jet fuel? In my diseased mind, I think of the floors of each tower like a stack of LP (33 1/3 RPM) records, only they were square instead of circular. They were stacked around a central spindle that consisted of essay innovation technology, multiple steel columns stationed in a square around the 103 elevator shafts.

With this core bearing the weight of the building, the platters were tied together and stabilized by another set of hugo, steel columns at the outside rim, closely spaced and innovation technology, completely surrounding the structure. The TV experts told us that the joints between the my online class, floors and central columns melted (or the floor trusses, or the essay innovation, central columns, or the planners margaret, exterior columns, depending on essay technology the expert) and this caused the floor to collapse and fall onto the one below. This overloaded the joints for the lower floor, and the two of city, them fell onto the floor below, and so on. Like dominos . Back in the early 1970s when the innovation technology, World Trade Towers were built, the WTC was the tallest building that had ever been built in the history of the world. If we consider the architectural engineers, suppliers, builders, and take class, city inspectors in the job, we can imagine they would be very careful to over-build every aspect of the building. If one bolt was calculated to serve, you can bet that three or four were used. If there was any doubt about the essay innovation, quality of a girder or steel beam, you can be sure it was rejected. I do not know the exact specifications for the WTC , but I know in many trades (and some I’ve worked), a structural member must be physically capable of three times the maximum load that will ever be required of it ( BreakingStrength = 3 x WorkingStrenghth ). Given that none of those floors was holding a grand piano sale or an elephant convention that day, it is field observation research unlikely that any of them were loaded to the maximum. Technology? Thus, any of the floors should have been capable of supporting more than its own weight plus the two floors above it.

I suspect the my online, WTC was engineered for safer margins than the innovation, average railroad bridge, and the actual load on each floor was less than 1/6 the essays ap english, BreakingStrength . The platters were constructed of webs of steel trusses. Radial trusses ran from the perimeter of the floor to the central columns, and concentric rings of essay innovation technology, trusses connected the radial trusses, forming a pattern like a spider web . Where the radial trusses connected with the central columns, I imagine the define letter, joints looked like the big bolted flanges where girders meet on a bridge—inches thick bolts tying the beams into essay the columns. The experts tell us that the heat of the fire melted the paper, steel, causing the technology, joints to fail. In order to ruy blas hugo weaken those joints, a fire would have to heat the bolts or the flanges to the point where the bolts fell apart or tore through the steel. But here is another thing that gives me problems—all the joints between the essay innovation, platter and the central columns would have to be heated at the same rate in order to collapse at the same time—and at the same rate as the take my online, joints with the outer rim columns on all sides—else one side of the platter would fall, damaging the floor below and making obvious distortions in the skin of the building, or throwing the top of tower off balance and to one side. But there were no irregularities in the fall of the main structure of technology, those buildings. They fell almost as perfectly as a deck of define, cards in the hands of a magician doing an aerial shuffle. This is particularly worrisome since the first plane struck one side of the north tower , causing (you would think) a weakening on essay that side where the exterior columns were struck, and a more intense fire on that side than on the other side. City Atwood? And the second plane struck near the corner of the south tower at an angle that caused much of the fuel to spew out the windows on the adjacent side . Yet the south tower also collapsed in perfect symmetry, spewing dust in all directions like a Fourth of July sparkler burning to the ground.

I have seen a videotaped rerun of the essay technology, south tower falling. In that take, the upper floors descend as a complete unit. All the way, the upper-floor unit was canted over define of application as shown on the BBC page, sliding down behind the innovation, intervening buildings like a piece of stage scenery. That scene is the most puzzling of all. Since the upper floors were not collapsed (the connection between the center columns and the platters were intact), this assembly would present itself to the lower floors as a platter WITHOUT a central hole. How then would a platter without a hole slide down the phd thesis in computer language, spindle with the other platters? Where would the central columns go if they could not penetrate the upper floors as they fell? The only model I can find for the situation would be this: If the fire melted the floor joints so that the collapse began from the 60th floor downward, the upper floors would be left hanging in essay innovation, the air, supported only by margaret atwood essay the central columns. Essay Innovation Technology? This situation would soon become unstable and the top 40 floors would topple over . much like felling the top 600 ft. from a 1300 ft. tree.

This model would hold also for field research the north tower . According to Chris Wise ’s “ domino ” doctrine , the collapse began only at essay innovation technology the floor with the field observation research paper, fire, not at essay technology the penthouse. Define Letter? How was it that the upper floor simply disappeared instead of crashing to the earth as a block of thousands of tons of concrete and steel? The amazing thing is that no one . even mentions this phenomenon, much less describing the seismic event it must have caused. Where is the ruin where the 200ft x 200ft x 50 story-object struck? Foty [sic] floors should have caused a ray of devastation 500 ft. into the surrounding cityscape. OK, since it was mentioned, I am also upset with the quantity of innovation, concrete dust . No concrete that I have ever known pulverizes like that.

It is unnerving. My experience with concrete has shown that it will crumble under stress, but rarely does it just give up the ghost and turn to powder. But look at the pictures—it is truly a fine dust in great billowing clouds spewing a hundred feet from the collapsing tower. I would like to find a pictures of all those platters piled up on each other on the ground, just as they fell -- has anyone seen a picture like that? I am told it was cumulative weight of those platters falling on each other that caused the collapse, but I don’t see the field observation paper, platters pilled [sic] up like flapjacks on the ground floor. Dr.

Robert Schuller was on technology television telling about his trip to the ruins. He announced in city essay, the interview that there was not a single block of concrete in that rubble. From the original 425,000 cubic yards of concrete that went into innovation technology the building, all was dust. How did that happen? I have just one other point I need help with—the steel columns in the center. When the platters fell, those quarter-mile high central steel columns (at least from the ground to hugo the fire) should have been left standing naked and unsupported in the air, and essay technology, then they should have fallen intact or in sections to the ground below, clobbering hundreds of phd thesis language learning, feet from the WTC site like giant trees falling in the forest. Innovation Technology? But I haven’t seen any pictures showing those columns standing, falling, or lying on the ground. Nor have I heard of damage caused by them. Now I know those terrorist must have been much better at these things than I am. Ap English Exam? I would take one look at their kamikaze plans with commercial jets and innovation technology, I would reject it as—spectacular maybe, but not significantly damaging.

But if I were a kamikaze terrorist, I would try to hit the towers low in the supports to knock the margaret, towers down, maybe trapping the essay technology, workers with the fire and burning the define of application, towers from the ground up, just as the people in last 20 stories were trapped. But you see, those terrorists were so sure the essay innovation, building would magically collapse that way, the pilot who hit the north tower chose a spot just 20 floors from the top. City Margaret Atwood Essay? And the kamikaze for south tower was only slightly lower -- despite a relatively open skyline down to 25 or 30 stories. The terrorists apparently predicted the whole scenario— the technology, fuel fire, the slow weakening of the structure, and the horrific collapse of the phd thesis in computer language, building - phenomena that the architects and the NY civil engineering approval committees never dreamed of. Even as you righteously hate those men, you have to admire them for their genius. ( McMichael ) This article made me stop and think. So just how did those two plane collisions make both towers collapse, and not just collapse, but telescope like a deck of cards in a magician’s hands, to use McMichael ’s language? How come such a really miniscule impact was all it took to cause such catastrophic destruction, and how come the falling building parts (like the upper floors or the essay innovation technology, steel columns McMichael mentions) didn’t trample all over Manhattan?

How come the attack appeared like a controlled demolition ? After reading McMichael ’s article I consulted with other engineers in my group, to get a second opinion. Define Letter? Engineer Stacy Minkin wrote in response to my inquiry: “books say that despite point of innovation technology, melting for steel is sufficiently high steel cannot sustain high durability when heat reahes [sic] about 800 degrees celcium [sic]” In order words, what Stacy was saying was that it wasn’t necessary to heat the field, steel to its melting point (1538 deg C), only essay technology 800 deg C would be necessary for it to lose structural strength, allowing for city the possibility of the towers collapsing in essay innovation technology, the manner described in the official pronouncements. My dad, also an engineer, and highly skeptical of all conspiracy theories, also told me that the steel did not have to be heated to its melting point. He also explained how the jet fuel fire could have produced the necessary heat. His theory was that immediately after the impact the fuel poured down the central shaft and burned at the bottom. The extremely strong draft in the “tube” effectively turned it into a blast furnace, easily raising the temperature high enough to melt steel, or at least to heat it to the point of losing structural strength (to 800 deg C according to Stacy Minkin ). Yet there is evidence that the “ blast furnace ” scenario proposed by my dad did not actually take place.

Jim Marrs wrote: An audiotape of New York firefighters at the scene, unpublicized until mid-2002, indicated that fire officials managed to reach the 78th floor of the south tower - very near the crash scene - and seemed convinced that the fire was controllable. Two fire officials mentioned by name in the tape were Battalion Chief Orio J. Palmer and Fire Marshal Ronald P. Bucca , both of whom perished when the south tower collapsed along with 343 other firefighters. According to the Times article both firemen “showed no panic, no sense that events were racing beyond their control. Define Of Application? At that point, the building would be standing for just a few more minutes, as the fire was weakening the structure on innovation technology the floors above him. Even so, Chief Palmer could see only two pockets of fire and called for field observation research paper a pair of engine companies to fight them. ” As noted by American Free Press reporter Christopher Bollyn , 'The fact that veteran firefighters had a ‘coherent plan for putting out’ the ‘two pockets of innovation, fire,’ indicates they judged the blazes to be manageable.

These reports from the scene of the crash provide crucial evidence debunking the government’s claim that a raging steel-melting inferno led to the tower’s collapse.'” The fact that two firefighters were able to reach 78th floor and stand there mere minutes before the building collapsed and letter of application, see no “inferno” resolutely disproves the essay innovation technology, “ blast furnace ” hypothesis . Take Class? Even by the most conservative estimates the temperature necessary to weaken the steel structures of the building had to be higher than 300 deg C at the minimum. Stacy Minkin , who worked on large boiler plants in Uzbekistan , wrote that in boilers the temperature of oil or gas flame often reaches 1500 deg C, and steel tubing is cooled to prevent it from getting torn up in innovation, precisely the manner the steel structures of the WTC are presumed to have been torn up. Ruy Blas Hugo? However, the technology, temperature that boiler tubing is cooled down to, according to take my online Stacy , is about 300-400 deg C ( Minkin ). If boiler tubing is routinely kept at 300-400 deg C and remains perfectly safe at this temperature, then the essay technology, temperature needed for steel to lose structural strength must be higher. But even the “low” temperature of 300 deg C is define of application extremely high for innovation humans. The fact that firefighters were able to work in the doomed building indicates that the temperature there could not have been anywhere near as high. Ergo, the temperature inside the doomed towers could not have been high enough to cause their steel structures to lose strength and break, and the official explanation for the collapse of the towers must be discarded. Having discarded the hypothesis that the “ blast furnace ” melted the steel supports causing floors to fall on each other in a domino effect, we are compelled to return to the notion of controlled demolition . We know, of course, how controlled demolitions are performed: by city planners essay placing exactly the right amount of technology, explosives of exactly the right kind in field observation research, key structural points and detonating them in a specific precise sequence with precise timing. Not by hitting a tower with a plane or anything else of that nature. As hard as it may be for patriotic Americans to essay innovation technology swallow, there exists evidence that the plane impacts on the WTC towers may have only been decoys , while the actual destruction of the towers was caused by bombs located inside . Many have wondered about the witnesses who claimed to literature have heard multiple explosions within the buildings.

One such witness was the head of WTC security , John O’Neill , who stated shortly before he himself became a victim that he had helped dig out survivors on the 27th floor before the building collapsed. Since the aircraft crashed into innovation the 80th floor, what heavily damaged the 27th floor? Another of those mentioning bombs was Louie Cacchioli , a fifty-one-year-old fireman assigned to Engine 47 in Harlem. “We were the first ones in types ap english literature, the second tower after the plane struck,” recalled Cacchioli . “I was taking firefighters up in essay innovation, the elevator to the twenty-fourth floor to get in position to evacuate workers. On the define of application, last trip up a bomb went off.

We think there were bombs set in the building.” The fireman became trapped in an elevator but managed to escape with the use of tools. Another was survivor Teresa Veliz , manager for a software development company, who was on the 47th floor of the north tower when it was struck. “I got off [the elevator], turned the corner and opened the door to the ladies’ room. Essay Innovation? I said good morning to a lady sitting at a mirror when the whole building shook. I thought it was an earthquake. Resume Ruy Blas? Then I heard those banging noises on the other side of the wall. Essay? It sounded like someone had cut the elevator cables. It just fell and fell and fell.” Veliz reached ground level with a coworker when the south tower collapsed, knocking them down.

In near total darkness, she and letter, the coworker followed someone with a flashlight. “The flashlight led us into Border’s bookstore, up an escalator and essay technology, out to Church Street . Phd Thesis Language Learning? There were explosions going off everywhere. Essay Innovation Technology? I was convinced that there were bombs planted all over ruy blas the place and someone was sitting at a control panel pushing detonator buttons. I was afraid to go down Church Street toward Broadway , but I had to do it. I ended up on Vessy Street . There was another explosion. And another . I didn’t know which way to run.” Steve Evans , a reporter for the BBC , was in the south tower at the time of the attacks. “I was at the base of the second tower, the second tower that was hit,” he recalled. “There was an explosion - I didn’t think it was an explosion - but the base of the building shook. I felt it shake. Essay Innovation Technology? then when we were outside, the second explosion and observation, then there was a series of explosions . We can only wonder at the kind of damage - the kind of human damage - which was caused by those explosions , those series of explosions .”

Fox 5 News in NYC shortly after 10:00 A.M. on September 11 videotaped a large white cloud of smoke billowing near the base of the south tower . The commentator exclaimed, “There is an explosion at the base of the building . white smoke from the essay technology, bottom. something has happened at the base of the building. then, another explosion . Another building in the World Trade Center complex. ” The most compelling testimony came from field paper Tom Elliott , who was already in his office at Aon Corp . on the 103rd floor of the WTC South tower before the innovation technology, planes struck. Define Of Application? Elliott said he was at essay his computer answering e-mails when a bright light startled him shortly before 9:00 A.M. A rumble shook the building and he could see flames accompanied by take my online class dark smoke that appeared to be crawling up the outside of the building. He also felt heat coming through the windows. Strangely, there were no alarms. “I don’t know what’s happening, but I think I need to technology be out of here,” Elliott recalled thinking to himself. Elliott and two others began walking down the building’s stairwell when they ran into a few others. The absence of more people and the lack of alarms made them feel they had prematurely panicked. He recalled that as his small group reached the 70th floor, they heard the field research paper, announcement that the building was secure and there was no need to evacuate . “Do you want to believe them?” one woman said to Elliott . “Let’s go!” He followed the woman down the stairs. After descending three more floors, Flight 175 crashed into the south tower . An article in the Christian Science Monitor described what happened next: “Although its spectacularly televised impact was above Elliott , at first he and those around him thought an explosion had come from below. An incredible sound - he calls it an essay innovation ‘ exploding sound ’ - shook the building, and a tornado of hot air and smoke and ceiling tiles and bits of drywall came flying up the phd thesis in computer assisted language, stairwell.” “In front of me, the wall split from the bottom up,” Elliott said. He said people in the stairwell panicked and tried to flee upward until some men pointed out that the innovation, only escape was downstairs.

By about 9:40 A.M., Elliott managed to stumble out of the south tower and make his way to his roommate’s office in Midtown, where he broke down sobbing upon learning of the tower’s collapse. But the realization that the my online class, spectacular collapse of the WTC towers was caused by bombs installed inside the essay innovation, towers beforehand rather than by the plane impacts raises new questions . Letter Of Application? Supposing for the moment that the presumed terrorists could have planted the bombs, the question becomes, what were the planes for then? Were they a diversion? Jim Marrs quotes Van Romero , vice president for research at the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology and a former director of the Energenic Materials Research and Testing Center , saying, “One of the things terrorist events are noted for is a diversionary attack and secondary device. Attackers detonate an initial, diversionary explosion that attracts emergency personnel to the scene, then detonate a second explosion” The problem with this hypothesis is its sheer magnitude. Surreptitiously planting a bomb in a building is innovation one thing, hijacking 4 airliners and flying them into buildings is another. While religious fanatics eager to assisted language die in innovation technology, a terrorist act are not that hard to find, ones capable of piloting a large plane with extreme skill on their suicide mission are another matter. While one can imagine some group planning and essay, executing a mission of the millennium, especially given the valiant goal of essay, striking down the world’s most hated symbol of global imperial capitalism (as well as the Pentagon from phd thesis language which the bomb-dropping orders on essay innovation technology the rest of the planet issue), planning an executing such a mind-boggling operation merely as a diversion is resume unfathomable. I reason that the possibility of this plane hijacking and crashing operation being a mere diversion or distraction from the essay innovation, main action on the part of a terrorist group can be completely ruled out. However unfathomable this idea may be to American patriots, there exists only one entity on essay Earth with enough power and resources that could afford planning and executing the plane hijacking and crashing operation as a mere diversion.

It is the innovation technology, U.S. government. To discuss this possibility meaningfully, we must first set aside all sentimental notions the reader may have about the U.S. government and its supposed pledge to protect the American people. The U.S. government is the worst gang of criminals to ever set foot on phd thesis learning the surface of this planet, and innovation, it is fundamentally hostile to all life on Earth. It is fundamentally anti-people, and the people who happen to live inside America itself (“in the belly of the beast” as we say) are no different. As just one case of U.S. government planning terrorist attacks against atwood essay its own people, consider the planned Operation Northwoods * in essay, the 1960s. * This document can be downloaded from http://www.archives.gov . Click on “Research Room,” then on “Archival Research Catalog (ARC),” then on the ARC SEARCH button , then type in “Northwoods” in the search box, then click on “ Digital Copy Available ” on entry #1. My Online? The key information will be found on images 136 through 142.

Jim Marrs writes: Incredibly, forty-year-old government documents thought to have been destroyed long ago recently were made public. Essay Technology? They show the U.S. military in define of application, the early 1960s proposed making terrorist attacks in the United States and blaming them on essay Fidel Castro . Following the ill-fated Bay of Pigs invasion of my online, Cuba , President Kennedy , angered by the inept actions of the CIA , had shifted the responsibility for Cuba from essay that agency to the Department of Defense . Here, military strategists considered plans to create terrorist actions that would alarm the American population and stampede them into field supporting a military attack on innovation technology Cuba . Resume Hugo? They also planned to, “ develop a Communist Cuba terror campaign in essay, the Miami area , in other Florida cities and even in Washington” or to field observation “sink a boatload of innovation technology, Cubans en route to Florida (real or simulated) foster attempts on the lives of Cuban refugees in the United States.” Other highlights of Operation Northwoods included the tactics of exploding bombs in carefully chosen locations along with the release of city planners margaret atwood, “ prepared documents ” pointing to technology Cuban complicity, the resume ruy blas hugo, use of fake Russian aircraft to harass civilian airliners and “Hijacking attempts against civil air and essay, surface craft,” even to simulating the shooting down of a civilian airliner. Could the of application, 9/11 events have indeed been nothing less than U.S. government’s attack on its own facilities , executed under controlled conditions to essay technology minimize actual damage to its real interests and designed to “ sell ” to the American people the Orwellian totalitarian regime this country is types essays ap english exam rapidly moving towards, coupled with sharply increased worldwide aggression, in the name of the War on Terrorism , or the War on Freedom as Jim Marrs has aptly called it? While at first this scenario appears highly unlikely given the technology, choice of targets, the center of world capitalism and the command center of the U.S. military being the U.S. imperialism’s key assets, a more careful examination of the events and the destruction reveals that there is more than meets the eye. On September 15, 2001, only days after 9/11 I attended a meeting of the Los Angeles club of Communist Party USA , of which I am a member, which while originally scheduled before 9/11, in the aftermath of define, those events became an impromptu meeting to discuss how our Party members should respond to those events.

At that meeting one comrade brought to innovation light a noteworthy fact: as the attack took place early in the morning, none of the World Trade Organization ( WTO ) bosses (the ones rightfully hated by the world for their crimes and the ones who should have been killed had the 9/11 attack been a just revolt by the people of the Earth) were in at the time , the high bosses as usual being rather relaxed about my online class getting to work on time, while the people who were in essay innovation technology, the WTC early in the morning, i.e., the people who were killed, were mostly innocent proletarian workers exploited by the abovementioned bosses, such as custodians and restaurant workers. A wide number of sources reporting on the apparent foreknowledge of the hugo, 9/11 events by certain groups show time and again how those who are truly in power were somehow kept out of harm’s way on that day. Consider, for essay innovation example, the purported “worldwide Jewish conspiracy”. Jim Marrs writes: [. ] a Beirut television station reported that 4,000 Israeli employees of the WTC were absent the day of the attack, suggesting foreknowledge of the attacks. [. ] Finally, on take my online September 22, the New York Times stated that amazingly only innovation technology one Israeli was killed when the WTC towers collapsed . Resume Ruy Blas? “There were, in fact, only three Israelis who had been confirmed as dead: two on essay technology the planes and another who had been visiting the towers on business and who was identified and buried,” reported the in computer assisted, Times. And while its facility has been destroyed, the essay, WTO charges right on with its global imperialist agenda. Perhaps one of the goals of the attack was to make the world sympathize with the WTO as a victim instead of loudly protesting and denouncing it as the world had been doing right up to field research 9/11.

Consider, for example, the “ battle in essay innovation, Seattle ” in 1999 (“The real battle for essays Seattle”). The WTO was really in essay innovation, a hot seat there. But when the hated towers finally came down, everyone suddenly changed course and all upcoming anti-WTO protests were promptly canceled. And what about the ruy blas, Pentagon? How could the U.S. government possibly strike against the heart of its own military? Well, it has been widely rumored on the Internet that the damage to the Pentagon from the impact of American flight 77 was superficial, just enough to essay innovation technology provoke anger and induce the American people to blindly support war, but no real loss. (While I have no room for that discussion in paper, this essay, it is technology also debated whether it really was American flight 77 that hit the letter, Pentagon , or whether it was something more sinister, such as an technology experimental drone plane tested by in computer language learning the U.S. military against its own offices.) In conclusion, we can see that one way or the other, by hook or by crook, the events of essay innovation technology, 9/11 are in the end the city atwood essay, handiwork of the American capitalist shadow government , and we want to put an end to essay technology such costly shows, the cancerous tumor on the body of Earth known as the American imperialist superpower must be excised. Marrs, Jim. War on Freedom . Boyd, TX: Ares Publishing, 2003. Minkin, Stacy. “Re: Bare bones of the define letter of application, WTC incident” E-mail to the author.

20 Nov 2001. Sitchin, Zecharia. The 12th Planet . New York: Avon Books, 1976.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Innovation essay | Proessay com

counterpoint essay A counter-argument is an essay, argument opposed to your thesis, or part of your thesis. It expresses the view of a person who disagrees with your position. Why would you include a counter-argument in your essay? Doesn#146;t that weaken your argument? Actually, no. Take! Done well, it makes the argument stronger.

This is because it gives you the chance to innovation technology, respond to your reader#146;s objections before they have finished reading. In Computer Learning! It also shows that you are a reasonable person who has considered both sides of the essay, debate. Types Essays Ap English Exam! Both of these make an innovation, essay more persuasive. How should a counter-argument be presented? A counter-argument should be expressed thoroughly, fairly and objectively. Do not just write a quick sentence and then immediately rebut it. Give reasons why someone might actually hold that view. A few sentences or even a whole paragraph is not an unreasonable amount of types ap english literature exam, space to give to the counter-argument. Again, the innovation, point is to show your reader that you have considered all sides of the question, and to make it easier to define letter, answer the counter-argument.

It#146;s easier to respond to essay innovation, a point you have already spelled out#151;and it#146;s easier for your reader to follow you. Make sure you express the counter-argument fairly and objectively. Ask yourself if the person who actually holds this position would accept your way of stating it. Put yourself in city planners atwood essay their shoes and give them the benefit of the doubt. Don#146;t use biased language or stack the deck when presenting their position. Readers see through that sort of essay innovation, thing pretty quickly. Obviously, if you really believe the position expressed in your thesis, you will not be able to field observation, be completely objective in essay innovation technology how you express the counter-argument#151;but you should try. One of the most common purposes of counter-argument is to class, address positions that many people hold but that you think are mistaken. Therefore you want to be respectful and essay technology, give them the benefit of the doubt even if you think their views are incorrect. They#146;ll be much more likely to be persuaded then. (The other approach, to use sarcasm and satire to expose mistaken ideas, is very powerful, but should be used with care, especially before you#146;ve mastered the art of rhetoric.)

How can a counter-argument be rebutted? One of the most effective ways to rebut a counter-argument is to show that it is city margaret based on essay technology, faulty assumptions. Either the facts are wrong, the observation research paper, analysis is essay innovation incorrect, or the values it is take based on are not acceptable. Examples of each are given below. Furthermore, some counter-arguments are simply irrelevant, usually because they are actually responding to a different argument. And some counter-arguments actually make your argument stronger, once you analyze their logic. All of these examples use a claim from James Loewen#146;s book, Lies My Teacher Told Me. In that book Loewen makes the claim that #147;To function adequately in innovation civic life #133; students must learn what causes racism#148; (143). The examples below are ideas that you might use as a counter-argument to this claim, in types literature a paper agreeing with Loewen. Then you would rebut, or answer, the counter-argument as a way to strengthen your own position. Racism is a thing of the past; therefore, students don#146;t need to bother with it.

The factual assumption in this example is that racism is a thing of the past. One response would be to muster facts to show that racism continues to be a problem. Essay Innovation Technology! (There#146;s a second assumption, which is my online class that students don#146;t need to bother with what#146;s in the past. Another response would be to show that students must understand the past as well as the present #147;to function adequately in civic life.#148;) Learning about technology racism might make students more racist. The analytical assumption is that learning about racism can make you racist.

The response would be that understanding the of application, causes of a problem is not the same as causing or creating the problem. (Another assumption in this argument is that it#146;s not good to make students racist. Innovation Technology! Loewen#146;s argument shares this assumption, so you wouldn#146;t rebut it.) Who cares if students are racist? This counter-argument is based on an assumed value that your readers probably do not share#151;namely, the ruy blas, idea that it#146;s ok for students to be racist. Technology! The response would be to point out this value, state why you don#146;t share it and state why you don#146;t think your readers do either. Of course, values are both deeply personal and extremely varied, so you#146;re always going to have some readers who do not share yours. The key is to city margaret atwood, base your arguments on values that most readers are likely to share. Students are already familiar with racism; they don#146;t need to study it in school. Many students are, in fact, already familiar with racism.

But Loewen is not saying they need to essay technology, learn about racism, he#146;s saying they need to learn what causes it. Research! You might be very familiar with racism but still not know what causes it. This is a very common form of counter-argument, one that actually rebuts a different argument. Innovation! (Note that here, too, there#146;s a faulty assumption: being familiar with something is not the same as knowing what causes it.) Previous generations didn#146;t study the causes of racism, so why should we start now? The response here would be to show that previous generations did not #147;function adequately in civic life,#148; because they had a lot of city atwood, problems with racism (segregation and more hidden forms of discrimination). Therefore, the innovation, fact that they didn#146;t learn about the take class, causes of racism, together with this other information, actually supports the claim that students do need to learn what causes racism. (Here again there#146;s a faulty assumption, implied but not stated: Previous generations supposedly did function adequately in technology civic life. The response shows that that assumption is incorrect.) When should a counter-argument be conceded? Sometimes you come up with a counter-argument that you think is true and that you think responds to your actual argument, not some other point. Then you are faced with a choice: Do you abandon your thesis and adopt the resume ruy blas, counter-argument as your position?

Often it turns out you don#146;t need to technology, abandon your thesis, but you might need to modify or refine it. Let#146;s take a modified version of the second example given above (learning about racism might make students more racist). The new version might look like this: Students get turned off by class what they are forced to learn, especially when it#146;s about innovation technology forcing them to be #147;good.#148; Then they turn against in computer assisted what they#146;ve been taught and deliberately go in the other direction. Essay Innovation! So, studying racism might just make them want to types essays ap english, be racist out of sheer contrariness.

This might help explain the backlash against #147;political correctness.#148; One way to essay innovation, respond to a counter-argument like this is to phd thesis in computer, acknowledge that, if it#146;s done incorrectly, education about racism might just end up turning kids off and making them hostile. Then, you refine your original thesis to say something like this: Students should learn what causes racism, but should not be constantly lectured that #147;racism is bad.#148; Instead, they should be taught the causes and history in essay innovation a way that they find interesting and that lets them decide their own values. By refining your thesis in this way you are able to retain your original point, while strengthening it by incorporating part of the atwood essay, opposition#146;s views. This also takes away some of the reasons a reader might have to disagree with you. What makes a good counter-argument? Some counter-arguments are better than others. You want to use ones that are actually somewhat persuasive. There#146;s nothing to be gained by rebutting a counter-argument that nobody believes.

Two things to look for are reasonableness and popularity. If you yourself are somewhat unsure of the position you#146;ve chosen as your thesis, it will be easier for you to identify good counter-arguments. You already recognize that there are reasonable arguments on the other side#151;that#146;s why you#146;re a little unsure. Look for innovation technology those arguments that make sense to you or that seem reasonable, even if you don#146;t agree with them. On the other hand, you may be quite sure of your position, which makes it harder to see other views as reasonable. In Computer Assisted Learning! They all look flawed to you because you can point out their errors and show why your view is essay technology better. In that case, look for ones that are popular, even if they are flawed. Observation! Remember, you#146;re trying to persuade your readers to agree with you.

So you want to speak their language. That means answering their objections even if you don#146;t think the objections are reasonable. If you look at the examples above, you#146;ll probably find some more convincing than others. Most people will probably not find the essay innovation technology, #147;Who cares if students are racist#148; argument very convincing. Class! On the innovation technology, other hand, you might find the #147;students already understand#148; argument pretty persuasive. Pick the arguments that you, or a lot of other people, feel are reasonable. The more you can answer those objections, the stronger you#146;ll make your case. Where does the counter-argument go? The short answer is a counter-argument can go anywhere except the conclusion. Field Observation Research Paper! This is technology because there has to be a rebuttal paragraph after the counter-argument, so if the counter-argument is in in computer assisted learning the conclusion, something has been left out. In practice (there are exceptions), the rebuttal is innovation usually not the concluding paragraph, which means that generally the counter-argument is anywhere but the last two paragraphs.

Counter-arguments can be very effective in introductions, especially if you are arguing against a popularly held view. However, it#146;s also very common to place them after the presentation of the case for the thesis. Letter Of Application! In other words, they would go after all of the main points that support the thesis, but before the conclusion#151;in the third-to-last paragraph, with the technology, rebuttal in the second-to-last. This is probably the most common position. Generally, unless there is some compelling reason specific to the particular argument being made, it does not make sense to field observation paper, put the essay innovation technology, counter-argument in the middle of the case for the thesis.

In other words, you would not typically present two points in support of the thesis, then the counter-argument and rebuttal, and then more points in support of the thesis. Here are two outlines showing the observation paper, most common placement of the counter-argument. The first is probably the most common. Introduction Supporting point #1 Supporting point #2 Supporting point #3 Supporting point #4 [there can be any number of supporting points] Counter-argument Rebuttal Conclusion Counter-argument, which also serves as introduction Rebuttal, which would usually include the essay innovation, thesis statement Supporting point #1 Supporting point #2 Supporting point #3 Supporting point #4 [there can be any number of supporting points] Conclusion. How should the counter-argument be introduced? It#146;s important to use clear signals to alert the take my online class, reader that the technology, paper is about to express a view different from (typically, the opposite of) the thesis.

Since the purpose of the whole paper, including the counter-argument, is to support the thesis, these signals are crucial. Types Essays Ap English Exam! Without them the paper appears incoherent and contradictory. Generally, the technology, counter-argument will begin with a word, phrase or sentence to indicate that what follows is not the author#146;s view. These can range from the very simple#151;sometimes the single word #147;But#148; or #147;However#148; is my online sufficient#151;to quite complex whole sentences: In his majisterial work on representation in western literature, a foundational text in the discipline, Auerbach argues that the essay innovation, mixture of define of application, styles is an essential ingredient of all modern realism, a view that has found wide acceptance in the half-century since its publication. Notice, however, that even this sentence is careful to attribute these views to other people, and to call them #147;views#148;#151;in other words, to subtly hint that they are not facts or truths. In general, the strategy is to make it clear quickly that this is someone else?s view. Typical introductory strategies include the following: Many people [believe/argue/feel/think/suppose/etc.] that [state the counter-argument here] It is often [thought/imagined/supposed/etc.] that [state the counter-argument here] [It would be easy to/One could easily] [think/believe/imagine/suppose/etc.] that [state the technology, counter-argument here] It might [seem/appear/look/etc.] as if [state the counter-argument here] Another common approach is to margaret atwood essay, use a question: But isn#146;t it true that [state the counter-argument here]? [Doesn#146;t/Wouldn#146;t/Isn#146;t] [state the counter-argument here]?

You can also cite specific writers or thinkers who have expressed a view opposite to innovation technology, your own: On the other hand, Fund argues that. Types Essays Literature Exam! However, Ngugi has written, . Innovation Technology! Dangarembga takes the position that. How should the rebuttal be introduced? If the counter-argument requires careful signaling, so does the rebuttal. Field Paper! The essay has just done a 180° turn away from its thesis, and now it is about to do another 180° turn to complete the circle. Essay! The reader needs warnings and guidance or they will fall off or get whiplash#151;you#146;ll lose them, in other words, because the observation research, essay will seem incoherent or contradictory. The common strategies for essay technology introducing the rebuttal are the mirror image of those for define introducing the counter-argument, and they all boil down to the same basic concept: #147;Yes, but. #148; They can be as simple as that, or as complex as this example sentence:

While Auerbach#146;s claim seems initially plausible, and innovation, is backed by the copious evidence provided by his astonishing erudition, it is marred by an inconsistency that derives from an unsupportable and ultimately incoherent definition. In all cases, the exam, job of this transitional language is to show the reader that the opposing view is now being answered. The essay has returned to arguing its own thesis, strengthened by having taken the opposition into essay innovation technology account. Here are some typical strategies. These are generic examples; they work best when tailored to suit the specifics of the individual topic.

What this argument [overlooks/fails to types essays ap english literature, consider/does not take into account] is essay . This view [seems/looks/sounds/etc.] [convincing/plausible/persuasive/etc.] at first, but . While this position is popular, it is [not supported by define of application the facts/not logical/impractical/etc.] Although the core of this claim is valid, it suffers from a flaw in essay its [reasoning/application/etc.] For more on this topic, see the define, #147;Counterargument#146; section of the #147;Argument#148; web page at technology the University of North Carolina Writing Center. Loewen, James. Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong. New York: Touchstone, 1996.