Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Sarup thesis day 2012

Sarup thesis day 2012

Oct/Wed/2017 | Uncategorized

Sarup thesis day 2012 - IND ONG

Sarup thesis day 2012

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Sarup thesis day 2012 - Alison May Photography

Applying For Production Jobs? Here Are a Few Tips to Make Your Resume Shine. Sending out thesis job applications for production work can be both tremendously exciting and nerve-racking at the same time. On one hand, the thought of landing cool production gigs and generating some income with your filmmaking skills is an awesome feeling. On Biogas Plant. But what if your resume isn't up to snuff? What if you put too much information on there, or not enough? What if the producers laugh at the fact that you included student films on your resume? Well, worry no more, No Film Schoolers, because in thesis, a fantastic post for Production Hub, Robyn Coburn, who reviews production resumes and essay for uc, cover letters for sarup day 2012, a living, wrote up a list of the 7 most common mistakes that she sees from aspiring filmmakers on their resumes.

So without any further ado, here are just a few of the mistakes that we might all be making with our production resumes: Lack of clarity about your position. Don’t have a one-size-fits-all resume, and don’t try to be a jack-of-all-trades either. The rest of that saying is master of prompt for uc, none. Day 2012. UPM’s on color of water, real movies with real budgets, are looking for sarup thesis day 2012, individuals to clocking carol essay do specific jobs. Always put your position immediately after your name, such as John Smith - Production Assistant.

Don’t have position sought taking up space on the page. This was absolutely a problem with my production resume for sarup day 2012, a long while, and I'm guessing a problem with many other young filmmakers' resumes as well. It's entirely too tempting to put down the fact that you're an on smoking, experienced sound man when, in thesis, reality, you held a boom on a student short 7 years ago. Keep it clean from the thesis, fluff while making sure that all of sarup thesis day 2012, your essential skills are represented, and you'll be well on color essays, your way to crafting a successful resume. Keeping student and micro-budget projects on your resume for too long. I know we all have a lot of affection for thesis day 2012, our early work. However these are not real credits, unless in the rarest of situations a student film does very well in a festival, or the color essays, low, low-budget film happens to have a name star because of some prior relationship. Thesis. Most of the time, drop those projects off the clocking carol, bottom of sarup thesis, your resume as you get more real credits to include. It is better to have a few real, higher budget credits - regardless of how lowly the essay italicized, position - than to be listed as the thesis day 2012, Producer of an unknown student short. Coburn is right on the money when she says that we all have affection for the work that we did in school, or from when we were just getting started out in thesis plant, the industry.

To be quite honest, I'm still enamored with a lot of sarup, that work that I did in of water essays, school (because it was obviously super awesome.) But the fact is day 2012, that it just doesn't look good on a resume when you're trying to get professional-level work. On Biogas. Professional sets are entirely different from what you do in film school, and producers want to see that you've worked professionally before. It's that simple. For folks who are just getting started in production and who are looking for sarup, ways to legitimately break into the industry, Coburn's resume tips are absolutely invaluable. The film industry is oftentimes a notoriously cynical place, and resume mistakes, however small and seemingly unimportant, can make all the difference in the world. Of course, an equally polished cover letter is also essential to landing the job, but that's an article for another day. You can check out the rest of Coburn's fantastic resume tips over on Production Hub.

And hell, while you're there, might as well apply for a job or two. Thesis. What do you guys think of these common production resume mishaps? Do you have any of day 2012, your own? Let us know in the comments! I know Robyn and essays, she has a website that has even more tips and information on her website - http://workinproduction.com/ November 2, 2013 at 2:13PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM. Wow that sentence came out poorly. Haha. November 2, 2013 at 2:14PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM. Thanks so much for the kind remarks, Robert, and thanks for the shout out Brady. I love helping people make their resumes and cover letters better.

Now to return the sarup, favor, check out Brady's short film, Monster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hk9vwrEfRg. November 2, 2013 at resume recent 9:48PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM. Thesis. Oh, and I'll be adding the Cover Letter tips to my website soon! November 2, 2013 at 9:52PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM. Color Of Water Essays. Get experience any which way early on, don't worry about day 2012, money, focus on doing things that will be seen as valuable to your resume and the future filmmakers looking for the skill sets you have developed along the way. November 4, 2013 at 10:54AM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM. Essay For Uc. so when you applying for sarup day 2012, an industry job, list as many industry jobs you've done as possible? if you have many industry jobs behind your belt wouldn't you have enough connection to get one without a perfect resume?

November 5, 2013 at 3:23PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM. I work freelance in TV in London, and I don't know every single person that works in TV in London. Essay. More often than not, one of your connections recommends you, but the person who they recommended you to, is going to sarup thesis want to see your CV. I got a phone call a little while ago from a company I hadn't worked for before. Prompt. They called me because on my CV it said that I'd worked on one of their productions. which was weird because I hadn't. Turns out an office runner had stapled the the 2nd page of someone else's CV to mine :) so people really rely on CVs. Didn't get that job. Sarup Day 2012. bastards.

November 7, 2013 at 7:27PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM. Resumes? When I'm asked to send in a resume, nine times out of ten it means I didn't get the job. On one hand, you can look at it that I'm not good enough writing resumes. but really, it's just that most film work is word of mouth. My highest paying work has usually been for producers, production managers directors who haven't even seen my reel! It used to actually offend me, but I've let it go. recommendations from the right people are a pretty powerful filter and most productions rely on that (I work in the camera department and most of the time, I'm getting hired by the DP even thou the phone calls come thru the production manager or producers.) It does make breaking in harder. November 16, 2013 at 8:41PM, Edited September 4, 11:21AM. February 19, 2015 at 10:34AM, Edited February 19, 10:34AM. These are great tips for an office, sales, or business resume, including for listed/advertised office type jobs at Studios, Networks and Production Companies.

Production resumes are completely different. You look like a novice if you send a UPM your office resume. Persuasive Essay On Smoking. That is why my website exists, and I wrote my new book: Work In Production Part One: How to Format your Resume to Start or Upgrade your Career in Film and Television Production. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTQPITS. December 28, 2016 at 3:32PM. Undoubtedly a professional resume is a guarantee of an interview. Sarup. Pay a lot of on biogas plant, attention to this. If you can not write a resume yourself, refer to professional resume writers, or make a resume with help of resume makers. This base https://www.resumance.com/resume-builder-reviews will help to choose the thesis day 2012, best. August 9, 2017 at 2:06AM, Edited August 9, 2:07AM. Essay Application. Get your FREE copy of the eBook called astonishingly detailed and useful by Filmmaker Magazine! It's 100+ pages on what you need to know to make beautiful, inexpensive movies using a DSLR.

Subscribe to sarup day 2012 receive the resume most, free PDF!

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service -
Sarup thesis day 2012 - IND ONG

Kurt Vonnegut Vonnegut, Kurt - Essay. Kurt Vonnegut 1922–2007. (Full name Kurt Vonnegut Jr.) American novelist, short story writer, dramatist, screenwriter, and thesis, essayist. The following entry presents an color of water, overview of Vonnegut's career through 1997. See also Kurt Vonnegut Literary Criticism (Volume 1), and Volumes 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 8 , 12 , 22 . Vonnegut gained a worldwide following in the late 1960s with the publication of his best-known work, Slaughter-house-Five (1969). Considered a major voice in contemporary American literature, Vonnegut populates his novels with characters searching for meaning and sarup thesis, order in an inherently meaningless and disorderly universe. Known for color of water, his iconoclastic humor, Vonnegut consistently satirizes contemporary society, focusing in particular on thesis, the futility of warfare and the human capacity for both irrationality and resume recent, evil. Vonnegut was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, on November 11, 1922. He was the sarup day 2012 third child of Kurt, an architect, and his wife Edith (maiden name Lieber). Both the Vonneguts and the Liebers were formerly prosperous families who had lost their fortunes after World War I. Vonnegut entered the University of Chicago in most, 1940 to study biochemistry. He began writing for the student newspaper in his sophomore year, penning anti-war articles.

After Pearl Harbor, Vonnegut reversed his opinions; in March of 1943 he entered the Army. He was captured in the Battle of the Bulge, held as part of sarup, a captive labor force in Dresden, and experienced the Allied fire-bombing of the city on color of water essays, February 13, 1945. Like the protagonist in Slaughterhouse-Five , Vonnegut survived the sarup thesis day 2012 bombing in an underground meat locker, only to essay, be put to work by the Germans extracting corpses from the sarup city's ruins. Upon his return home in 1945, he married Jane Marie Cox and most recent, enrolled at the University of Chicago, from which he graduated in 1947. In the same year, Vonnegut began working for General Electric Research Laboratory as a public relations writer. He wrote fiction in his spare time, publishing his first story in 1950, and was soon able to quit his job and write full-time. In the 1960s Vonnegut accepted an appointment to the Writers Workshop at the University of Iowa. Sarup Thesis! He began to attract popular attention in the 1960s when his anti-war message made him a favored figure among the counter-culture; his popularity continued to increase after Slaughterhouse-Five was adapted as a film. For Uc Application! He has seven children: three from his first marriage to Jane Marie Cox, three nephews adopted after the deaths of his sister and her husband, and thesis day 2012, one adopted with his second wife, Jill Krementz. Vonnegut lives in New York City.

Vonnegut's first novel, Player Piano (1952), did not attract popular or critical attention, but it established many of the traits which continue to typify the essay italicized author's style. The novel is day 2012 futuristic and explores the relationship between changing technology and the lives of essay prompt for uc, ordinary humans. His second work garnered greater critical reception. Sarup Thesis Day 2012! The Sirens of persuasive on smoking weed, Titan (1959) is a science fiction parody in which all of human history is revealed to have been manipulated by aliens to provide a space traveler with a replacement part for sarup, his ship. This novel, as well as the critically acclaimed Cat's Cradle (1963) and clocking carol essay, God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater (1965), exhibits Vonnegut's unique combination of black humor, wit, and thesis day 2012, pessimism. Most Recent! Cat's Cradle is an apocalyptic satire on sarup thesis, philosophy, religion, and technological progress while God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater concerns the idealistic attempts of an alcoholic philanthropist, Eliot Rosewater, to befriend the poor and helpless. Rosewater finds, however, that his monetary wealth cannot begin to alleviate the world's misery. Color Of Water Essays! Like Rosewater, Vonnegut's protagonists are idealistic, ordinary people who strive in day 2012, vain to understand and bring about change in clocking essay, a world beyond their control or comprehension. Sarup Thesis Day 2012! Vonnegut tempers his pessimistic, sometimes caustic commentary with compassion for essay italicized, his characters, suggesting that humanity's ability to love may partially compensate for destructive tendencies.

Two of thesis day 2012, Vonnegut's novels have dealt directly with World War II. In Mother Night , a spy novel, an American agent who posed as a Nazi propagandist during World War II undergoes a personality crisis when tried for italicized, crimes he committed to insure his covert identity. In Slaughterhouse-Five , perhaps Vonnegut's best-known work, the sarup thesis author confronts his personal experience as a prisoner of war who survived the Allied fire-bombing of Dresden, a city of essay, little military or strategic value. The absurdity of this event is filtered through the sarup day 2012 numbed consciousness of Billy Pilgrim, a young soldier who escapes the insanity of war through schizophrenic travels into time and space; these journeys assume realistic stature when compared to his irrational wartime experiences. Considered a classic of postmodern literature, Slaughterhouse-Five is written in a fragmented, non-chronological style to emphasize the confusion and absurdity of wartime life.

Vonnegut's subsequent novels have achieved popular success but have not always elicited critical praise. In 1971 he wrote his best-known play, Happy Birthday, Wanda Jane , and essay for uc, throughout the 1970s and 1980s wrote several screenplays for television. Vonnegut's most recent works include Hocus Pocus (1990) and day 2012, Timequake (1997). In both of resume, these novels Vonnegut presents his ideas in new and unusual literary forms. Hocus Pocus purports to day 2012, be the autobiographical manuscript of Eugene Debs Hartke, a teacher and italicized, the last American out of Vietnam, who was fired for being too pessimistic and sarup thesis, later charged with engineering the escape of African-American inmates from a prison. Color Of Water! Hartke writes observations about sarup thesis day 2012, his life on persuasive weed, pieces of paper and Vonnegut masquerades as the day 2012 editor. In Timequake Vonnegut merges parts of a problematic and essays, incomplete novel with commentary about thesis, his life and views. The result is part memoir and prompt for uc application, part political novel.

In a nutshell, observes Thomas Disch, everyone on Earth has to relive the 1990s on automatic pilot, observing but not participating in their lives. The book is sarup day 2012 a stew in clocking ezzell, which Vonnegut combined the sarup thesis day 2012 best pickings from persuasive essay on smoking a novel that wasn't working and interspersed them with a running commentary on his own life and the state of the universe. The mix is thick and rich: a political novel that's not a novel, a memoir that is day 2012 not inclined to reveal the most private details of the essay weed writer's life, Valerie Sayers comments. Vonnegut has stated that he is retiring, and that Timequake will mark the end of his fiction-writing career. Vonnegut's first decade of work did not attract much critical attention: most early discussion of his writing centered on how to classify it. Citing his futuristic settings and the paramount role of technology in his work, some critics insist that Vonnegut is a science fiction writer. Others argue that despite these elements, Vonnegut is ultimately writing about the universal human condition and that he only sarup employs science fiction devices to create distance and irony, just as he employs satire to the same effect. In recent years Vonnegut has come under fire from commentators who claim that he has failed to develop stylistically and color essays, that his characters are little more than mouthpieces for his opinions.

Such critics claim that Vonnegut's work after Slaughterhouse-Five has offered more or less the same style, theme, and message. Tom Shone, for instance, writes that all the same subjects are there, novel after novel and that Vonnegut's highly distinctive style has eclipsed Vonnegut the sarup thesis day 2012 author. Others remain enamored of Vonnegut's distinct style, praising him for continually presenting his message in essay italicized, a deceptively skillful manner. John Irving remarks, Vonnegut's subject has always been doomsday, and nobody writes about it better. That he is day 2012 also so terribly funny in how he describes our own worst nightmare is, of course, another element that confuses his dumber critics. Access our Kurt Vonnegut Study Guide for Free. Player Piano (novel) 1952; also published as Utopia 14 , 1954.

The Sirens of Titan (novel) 1959. Mother Night (novel) 1962. Canary in a Cat House (short stories) 1963. Cat's Cradle (novel) 1963. God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater; or, Pearls before Swine (novel) 1965. Welcome to the Monkey House (short stories) 1968. Slaughterhouse-Five; or, The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death (novel) 1969.

Happy Birthday, Wanda June (play) 1970. Between Time and Timbuktu; or, Prometheus-Five: A Space Fantasy (play) 1972. Breakfast of Champions; or, Goodbye, Blue Monday! (novel) 1973. Wampeters, Foma, and Granfalloons: Opinions (essays) 1974. Slapstick; or, Lonesome No More! (novel) 1976.

Jailbird (novel) 1979. Palm Sunday: An Autobiographical Collage (autobiography) 1981. Deadeye Dick (novel) 1982. Galapagos (novel) 1985. Bluebeard (novel) 1987. Hocus Pocus (novel) 1990. Fates Worse than Death (essays and speeches) 1991. Timequake (novel) 1997. George Garrett (review date 19 August 1990) SOURCE: A Long-Awaited Return, in Chicago Tribune Books , August 19, 1990, p. 6. [ In the review below, Garrett claims that in Hocus Pocus, Vonnegut returns to the high quality of his earlier works .]

Once upon a time, I, too, was a Vonnegut groupie. In that world, which every day seems a little better than this one, we waited, eager and conspiratorial, for the man who had written the essay italicized short stories later collected in Canary in a Cat House (1961) and the novel Player Piano (1952) to sarup day 2012, bring out his next book. We few. We happy few. There was a little wait before that marvelous and wacko novel The Sirens of Titan (1959) appeared. (The entire section is 1074 words.) Get Free Access to this Kurt Vonnegut Study Guide. Start your 48-hour free trial to unlock this resource and thousands more. Get Better Grades.

Our 30,000+ summaries will help you comprehend your required reading to ace every test, quiz, and essay. We've broken down the chapters, themes, and characters so you can understand them on your first read-through. Access Everything From Anywhere. We have everything you need in one place, even if you're on essay prompt for uc application, the go. Day 2012! Download our handy iOS app for free.

Jay Cantor (review date 19 August 1990) SOURCE: Kurt Vonnegut: So It Still Goes, in Washington Post Book World , Vol. 20, No. 33, August 19, 1990, pp. 1-2.

[ In the following review, Cantor concludes that Hocus Pocus is a vehicle for Vonnegut to most, communicate his despair over humanity .] Woody Allen once observed that 80 percent of thesis, life is showing up. Prompt For Uc! The other 20 percent—the part that stands between me and stardom—is making yourself likable, like George Burns, Jack Benny, Bill Cosby, or my pal (hah! don't I wish it!) Kurt Vonnegut. The amiable Vonnegut persona—a wry man who is a tad curmudgeonly, but as moral as he can honestly be—is, from book to book, Vonnegut's most substantial, continuing. (The entire section is 833 words.) Get Free Access to this Kurt Vonnegut Study Guide. Start your 48-hour free trial to unlock this resource and day 2012, thousands more. John Irving (review date 2 September 1990) SOURCE: Vonnegut in resume, Prison and sarup thesis, Awaiting Trial, in Los Angeles Times Book Review , September 2, 1990, pp. 4, 10. [ Irving is an acclaimed American novelist and short story writer.

In the review below, he praises Hocus Pocus as one of Vonnegut's best novels and discusses the merits of Vonnegut's writing .] The novel is the highest example of of water, subtle interrelatedness that man has discovered. Kurt Vonnegut is a friend of sarup day 2012, mine. Essay Application! He was my teacher at the University of Iowa; he is my neighbor in Sagaponack, Long Island—it is a three-minute. (The entire section is 2096 words.) John Skow (review date 3 September 1990) SOURCE: And So It Went, in thesis, Time , Vol. 136, No. 10, September 3, 1990, p. 73. [ In the essay following review, Skow praises Vonnegut's message in Hocus Pocus, but criticizes his writing .] The knock against Kurt Vonnegut, back a couple of decades ago when he was a cult author, was that he pandered too glibly to the natural cynicism of the thesis disaffected young.

He was too quick, it was said, to detect the smell of society's insulation burning—and to sigh So it goes—when there was nothing more in the air than, say, a harmless whiff from a distant war or the neighborhood toxic-waste dump. No more; his news in Hocus Pocus is that our charred insulation no longer. (The entire section is 567 words.) Christopher Lehmann-Haupt (review date 8 September 1990) SOURCE: Familiar Characters and Tricks of Vonnegut, in The New York Times , September 8, 1990, p. Persuasive Essay On Smoking Weed! 16. [ In the sarup review below, Lehmann-Haupt characterizes Hocus Pocus as a contest between comedy and despair in which the latter gains the upper hand .] It should come as no surprise to Kurt Vonnegut's readers that one of the characters in his 13th and latest novel, Hocus Pocus , is Hiroshi Matsumoto, a survivor of Hiroshima. But what may be modestly alarming is the almost affectionate mordancy with which Matsumoto's experience is essays described: When the bomb was dropped, he was playing soccer during school recess.

He chased a ball into a ditch. (The entire section is 998 words.) Jay McInerney (review date 9 September 1990) SOURCE: Still Asking the Embarrassing Questions, in sarup, New York Times Book Review , September 9, 1990, p. Clocking Essay! 12. [ McInerney is an American novelist. In the following review, he discusses the balance between pessimism and humor in Vonnegut's novels, focusing on Hocus Pocus.] For purposes of comparison with our own stodgy, inherited universe, contemporary philosophers sometimes conjure up the concept of possible worlds. They've got nothing on Kurt Vonnegut, who in 12 previous novels has frequently resorted to sarup, other planets for slyly comparative purposes. But unlike most contemporary philosophers—who fastidiously restrict themselves to questions of linguistic and logical. (The entire section is 1282 words.)

John Leonard (review date 15 October 1990) SOURCE: Black Magic, in Nation , Vol. 251, No. Thesis On Biogas Plant! 12, October 15, 1990, pp. 421-25. [ In the review below, Leonard praises Hocus Pocus and discusses Vonnegut's fatalistic message .] Hocus Pocus seems to me to be Vonnegut's best novel in years—funny and prophetic, yes, and fabulous too, as cunning as Aesop and as gloomy as Grimm; but also rich and sarup day 2012, referential; a meditation on on smoking weed, American history and American literature; an elegy; a keening.

How is this for a definition of high art, we are asked by sarup day 2012, the antihero, Eugene Debs Hartke: 'Making the most of the raw materials of resume recent, futility?' But Hocus Pocus has been not so much reviewed as. (The entire section is 3460 words.) James Buchan (review date 20 October 1990) SOURCE: Any Old Irony, in thesis day 2012, Spectator , Vol. Essay Italicized! 266, No. 8467, October 20, 1990, pp. 31, 33. [ In the following review, Buchan states that Hocus Pocus has many elements in common with Vonnegut's earlier novels .]

This is Kurt Vonnegut's 17th novel to appear in thesis, England, so the British reader should know what to expect. Resume Most Recent! It's all here in Hocus Pocus , vintage Vonnegut: the short narrative units, the repetitions as in a roundelay, the intergalactic knowingness and the small-town good sense, the good humour, the tricks of sarup, typography, the exclamation marks as in a debutante's letter, the diversions, the threadbare coincidences. Let me say right off. (The entire section is 1396 words.) David Streitfeld (review date 21 October 1990) SOURCE: The Wages of Rage, in Washington Post Book World , Vol.

20, No. 42, October 21, 1990, p. 15. [ In the essay review below, Streitfeld argues that society is the main character in Hocus Pocus and that Vonnegut's sense of dismay with America is the sarup novel's overriding tone .] Sixty-seven years old and recipient of as large a measure of fame as any writer in our time, Kurt Vonnegut still does what he can to enlighten the masses. He meets the public, gives lectures, talks to the press, opens himself up. An incident arising out of resume, one such encounter last year, when Vonnegut spoke at a California university and gave an interview to a reporter for thesis day 2012, the local paper, bears. (The entire section is 822 words.)

Ian Bell (review date 21 October 1990) SOURCE: One-Liners, in Observer Review , October 21, 1990, p. 58. [ In the prompt following review, Bell argues that the narrative of Hocus Pocus becomes secondary to themes that Vonnegut wishes to discuss .] Here comes another of Vonnegut's exemplary tales about one man unravelling the day 2012 tangle of his life and trying to find out What Really Happened. It is full of wit, humanity, cruelty and on smoking weed, trite narrative devices. This time, as editor 'KV' explains, the imprisoned hero has committed his story to scraps of paper, thus allowing scope for the elliptical, the thesis gnomic and the discursive. Often, these entries are one-sentence paragraphs. (The entire section is 495 words.)

David Montrose (review date 26 October 1990) SOURCE: Life as a Cruel Joke, in Times Literary Supplement , October 26, 1990, p. 1146. [ In the following review, Montrose characterizes Hocus Pocus as a novelized essay and praises Vonnegut's masterful style .] Hocus Pocus presents a dystopian America where the future (2001) is persuasive essay on smoking like the present, only thesis day 2012 more so. Everything has worsened: the prompt economy, the ravaging of natural resources, crime, the drugs problem, urban decay, poverty. Sarup Thesis Day 2012! Petrol and food are rationed. The rich have sold Big Business to foreigners and live off the essay prompt application proceeds. The only surviving American enterprises are Mafia-controlled. Thesis! Nor is public property exempt. National Forests have been sold.

(The entire section is 738 words.) SOURCE: A review of Hocus Pocus , in West Coast Review of cultures essay, Books , Vol. 15, No. 6, 1990, p. Thesis! 24. [ In the following review, Lubold argues that the key to Hocus Pocus is the way in which Vonnegut takes the concerns of essay, today and portrays them in the extreme in his futuristic setting .] Vonnegut's new novel is about a man who has returned from Vietnam, and is now, in 2001, recalling events when he worked at thesis, a school in Upstate New York and later staged a prison break in a nearby prison. Now he awaits trial for this crime. But Hocus Pocus delivers a lot more; in thesis on biogas, fact, any plot is secondary to the author's presentation of the confusing and bizarre reality of. (The entire section is 449 words.) Robert Phillips (review date Spring 1991) SOURCE: A review of thesis day 2012, Hocus Pocus , in italicized, The Hudson Review , Vol.

XLIV, No. 1, Spring, 1991, pp. 135-36. [ In the excerpt below, Phillips criticizes Vonnegut's style in Hocus Pocus.] In closing [ Hocus Pocus ], I was reminded of John Jay Chapman's remark: When I put down a book by sarup thesis day 2012, Stevenson, I swear I am hungry for something to read. Kurt Vonnegut's book left me hungry indeed; it is almost totally devoid of some standard ingredients of fiction—dialogue, form, confrontation, coherent plot. The author relies almost totally on color of water essays, the narrator and his one point of view. Sarup Day 2012! And the narration comes to us tricked-up with unconventional lines separating passages within. (The entire section is 538 words.) James Wood (review date 15 November 1991) SOURCE: The Wrecked Generation, in Times Literary Supplement , November 15, 1991, pp.

8-9. [ In the review below, Wood discusses the role of comedy in Fates Worse than Death.] Dreamy, hectically anecdotal, slovenly and bearish with the truth, Kurt Vonnegut's writing has always handled fact with comic negligence. It has a kind of epistemological cockiness, amassing detail only to mock its sureties. Color Essays! Knowledge enters his books with a hiatus, a cloudiness. Consider, for example, his fondness for place-name couplets—Genoa, Italy, or Hellertown, Pennsylvania, or Indianapolis, Indiana. He loads his sentences with all kinds of names: They were Lance Rumfoord, of thesis day 2012, Newport. (The entire section is 1321 words.) Ross Clark (review date 16 November 1991)

SOURCE: Just a Few Quick Ones Before I Go, in essay prompt for uc application, The Spectator , Vol. 267, No. Thesis Day 2012! 8523, November 16, 1991, p. 45. [ In the following review, Clark argues that Fates Worse than Death lacks coherence .] Kurt Vonnegut, German-American author of Slaughterhouse-Five , the consummate work on the bombing of Dresden, fears he will live little longer. Most Recent! Paying tribute to sarup, fellow Germanic writer Heinrich Boll in the preface to his latest book [ Fates Worse than Death ], he mentions that Boll died in 1974 at the age of 67.

Then he adds, sorrowfully but proudly: 'One year short of my age now, and I smoke as much as he did'. Therein lies the reason for. (The entire section is 692 words.) Valentine Cunningham (review date 22 December 1991) SOURCE: So It Still Goes with the Sermonettist, in Observer Review , December 22, 1991, p. 43.

[ In the following review of Fates Worse than Death, Cunningham praises Vonnegut's wit in addressing the problems of modern American society .] Kurt Vonnegut is the conscience of Middle America. The fates picked out an resume most, ordinary GI kid prisoner-of-war, one of us, one man out of the whole US, to endure and miraculously survive the fire-bombing of Dresden. Thus Vonnegut became a unique witness against the human awfulness Dresden symbolised. He chose to do his testifying by playing Huck Finn, a Holy Fool, a zany and practical joker with a canny touch for. (The entire section is sarup 665 words.) Thomas M. Disch (review date 21 September 1997) SOURCE: Novelist on on biogas, the Half Shell, in Washington Post Book World , September 21, 1997, p. X01. [ In the following review, Disch argues that Timequake discloses much information about day 2012, Vonnegut himself .] Timequake is essay prompt application a novel by, and sarup thesis, starring, Kurt Vonnegut.

His co-star, and virtually the cultures only other character in the book, is his alter ego, Kilgore Trout, who figured in two earlier Vonnegut novels, God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater (1965) and Breakfast of Champions (1973). Trout has also published his own novel, Venus on the Half Shell (1975), but since it was written, without Vonnegut's consent, by sarup thesis, Philip Jose Farmer, that book cannot. (The entire section is clocking cultures essay 860 words.) Valerie Sayers (review date 28 September 1997) SOURCE: Vonnegut Stew, in The New York Times , September 28, 1997. [ In the following review, Sayers describes Timequake as a mix of sarup thesis day 2012, novel and memoir .] Like so many of my peers, I began reading Kurt Vonnegut while the Vietnam War was raging. Essay Italicized! By the time I discovered his great World War II novel, Slaughterhouse-Five , the sarup day 2012 earth had shifted under my feet.

Vonnegut, satirist and tragedian, seemed like a literary elder bearing witness. (Some elder; he was in his 40's then.) And I knew I was embarking on a lifelong relationship. Essay! Vonnegut thought the big thoughts—about war and death and how we ought to treat one another—and regarded them not only as. (The entire section is 961 words.) Kurt Vonnegut Homework Help Questions. In this, Vonnegut's first published short story, which appeared in 1950, a good-hearted professor develops the psychic ability to destroy weapons even from a great distance away. He goes into. It would be helpful to your argument if you could find some references in Kurt Vonnegut's novel to sarup, the German V2 rockets which were described as Hitler's secret weapon. Here is an excerpt from. Dear Abby: I have been in love with my childhood sweetheart, Catherine, all of my life. She does not know that I still love her.

I am in the Army and of water, I just found out she is getting married next. The notion of the irrationality of groups is present in many (or most or even all) of Vonnegut's works, from thesis Slaughterhouse-Five to Hocus Pocus. Groups often believe in recent, things that are both. Kurt Vonnegut's short story All the King's Horses is a satire in which, as literary critic Northrop Frye observes, irony is militant. Thesis! And, in this story, the essay italicized militant irony is sarup thesis day 2012 also a.

Write my essay -
Sarup thesis day 2012 - Parseh Game Studio

Sample MBA Application Essay - After. EssayEdge significantly improves each essay using the sarup thesis day 2012 same voice as the author. The only color of water, way to evaluate editing is to compare the original essay with the edited version. We significantly improve essays both for thesis clients who write poorly and for clients who write well. Essay 1: Please discuss the factors, both professional and personal, influencing the career decisions you have made that, in turn, have led you to essay prompt for uc application your current position. What are your career goals for the future, and sarup thesis day 2012 why is now the appropriate time to pursue an ezzell essay MBA at XXX? How will you avail yourself of the resources at the XXX to achieve these goals? The vivid images carried on Turkish news channels are terrifyingly commonplace: the surface of the sea littered with dead sheep; a landfill explosion inundating innocent victims; vendors offering radiation-contaminated tea for half price; a schoolgirl falling to sarup thesis day 2012 her death through an open sewage manhole; radioactive waste sold to unsuspecting scrap dealers; a twenty-year-old tanker breaking into pieces, spilling hundreds of tons of crude oil into the ocean and killing sea life for of water miles around. The frequency with which these environmental disasters fill Turkish news broadcasts--and the obvious insensitivity that Turkish authorities demonstrate toward both environmental and health issues--prompted me to learn about ways to prevent these types of disasters. Sarup Thesis. At the age of fifteen, I decided to on biogas focus my studies on environmental sciences in sarup order to equip myself with the technical tools I would need to italicized make a real contribution.

After earning a master's degree in environmental sciences, I completed a professional international management certificate program to gain a management perspective in the environmental field. I then realized that, to combine my technical knowledge and management skills effectively, I needed to accumulate real-world experience. Specifically, I decided that working at a large company would allow me to develop insight into various industries and would give me an overarching vision of the international business arena. For the past two years, I have worked in sarup thesis the energy and environment group of essays Lec Corporation, Turkey's first and biggest diversified conglomerate. As a Project Engineer, I am mainly responsible for sarup thesis our holding companies' environment and energy sector investments. This position has given me the opportunity to interact with businessmen from all over the world, thereby expanding my international perspective. Because of my outstanding work performance, I was chosen to attend various meetings with local and international governmental bodies such as OPIC, IFC, and the World Bank. It is highly unusual for a young associate to represent the company at such events, and my self-confidence, as well as my management skills, has been greatly enhanced through these experiences. While working in various lines of essay italicized business, including the automotive industry, consumer durables, and the energy sector, I have realized that the root cause of many environmental problems is day 2012 financial.

I believe that many people in the environmental sector are so calculating or duplicitous that they will cheat customers to increase profits. Furthermore, businesses do not prioritize environmental investments, and, as a result, insufficient funds are allocated to prevent problems adequately. For instance, despite a population of over eight million people, Istanbul--Turkey's largest city--still lacks a properly operating sewage system. Thesis. In most of the areas of the city, wastewater is discharged directly into the Bosporus. In the long term, I plan to help solve my country's problems by starting my own environmental services business in day 2012 Turkey. Color. The company will serve both local and sarup day 2012 international customers by resume most providing cost-effective, adaptable solutions in areas ranging from waste management to sarup thesis day 2012 safety management. To accomplish this goal, however, I must deepen my knowledge of the field. Essay On Smoking Weed. Despite my experience, I still lack some important knowledge and management skills, especially in finance, marketing, and entrepreneurship. I am also aware that I have insufficient knowledge of American environmental issues. Since dealing with aspects of international business will be an integral part of my job as an day 2012 entrepreneur, it is essential that I fill in these gaps.

The XXX School's MBA program provides the perfect training to achieve my entrepreneurial ambitions. I am attracted by the inventiveness and color uniqueness of thesis its entrepreneurial and finance programs, and believe that I will increase my practical knowledge of entrepreneurship by interacting with my classmates. I value the fact that at XXX entrepreneurial education does not stop at the classroom, but rather continues through internships and extracurricular activities. I feel that a business school for entrepreneurs should balance theory with real-world application, and XXX's curriculum and opportunities for hands-on training through associations, internships, and field study provides such balance. I am also drawn to XXX because of the school's emphasis on teamwork and technology, reflected by essay such exciting courses and programs as High Technology Entrepreneurship, International Finance, twelve-week field application projects, and the global immersion program teaching global thinking and sarup global action. Additionally, the school's profusion of student groups and its flexible entrepreneurial program--in addition to its 200 elective courses--will allow me to tailor my course of thesis study directly to my career interests. It is day 2012 precisely this flexibility upon which I plan to draw while at XXX and beyond, by taking advantage of--and contributing to--the school's strong international alumni network.

Above all, a XXX MBA will help me strengthen both the financial knowledge and the entrepreneurial skills necessary to secure a position as an essay prompt for uc environmental specialist in a multinational, American-based firm. Such a position, in turn, will prepare me to accomplish my long-term ambition of building my own company. By developing and maximizing the technical knowledge and managerial skills I have already accumulated, XXX will allow me ultimately to make a concrete and substantial contribution to Turkey's environment. Essay 2: Describe a personal achievement that has had a significant impact on your life. In addition to recounting this achievement, please analyze how the event has changed your understanding of yourself and how you perceive the world around you.

During one of my undergraduate courses, I turned a routine research assignment into an incredible learning opportunity. Day 2012. I was asked to design a project that I could conduct in tandem with a supervisor whose interests matched my own. I chose to study with the head of the for uc University's Chemistry Department, and I designed an ambitious project entitled, Environmental Risk Assessment of Hazardous Materials. Sarup. After a disastrous earthquake struck Turkey in 1996, causing approximately 30,000 deaths, Turkey's State Planning Organization used the clocking cultures essay model we developed to determine the risks posed by spilled materials in the region affected by the earthquake. During my work on the project, my supervisor introduced me to sarup day 2012 the joys of academic research. Not only did he teach me about the persuasive essay weed issue at hand, but he also shared with me the practical experiences he had accumulated through both his professional career and his personal life. His main goal was to shape his students into well-educated and sarup day 2012 socially active engineers with strong personal and professional ethics. He took me to many seminars, fairs, and conferences to give me the background necessary to become an engineer of whom he could be proud. I followed his example through personal initiatives such as becoming president of the Environment Club, in which capacity I organized visits to technical sites and meetings on environmental engineering for clocking carol essay first-year students. One day, my supervisor introduced me to sarup an environmental organization that eventually changed my life.

The organization was called Cekud, and my supervisor was one of its members. My supervisor described the group's activities, including its tree planting campaign called, Seven Trees, which was predicated upon the assumption that the essay application average person consumes almost seven trees for thesis day 2012 his or her needs each year. Impressed with the organization and with its emphasis on direct action, I decided to organize a planting day with Cekud. My coworkers and I rented a bus for the forty-five students who volunteered to be involved. A large turnout of children and teenagers encouraged through Cekud's Education for most Our Future program gave us an thesis extra push, and essay italicized together we planted 650 trees in one day. Enjoying my work with children, I decided to thesis day 2012 volunteer with Cekud's education program and soon was able to essay for uc application realize one of my childhood dreams. As the son of sarup thesis day 2012 a Turkish army officer, I had spent much of my childhood moving from base to italicized base around Turkey. Sarup. The perspective and resume most recent insight I gained during this period was a significant factor in my personal development. During the early 1980s, there was a great deal of political unrest in Turkey, and security was a major concern for ordinary citizens.

For a time, all children had to attend school under the armed protection of soldiers. As if all this commotion were not enough, I had to attend three different primary schools because my family moved so often. My father was routinely posted in some of the least developed towns in Eastern Turkey. Those regions were severely affected by unpredictable economic conditions and by sarup day 2012 the rampant terrorism that plagued Turkey during those days. Unemployment soared, and a substantial proportion of the essay population subsisted on welfare.

My classmates came largely from poor families and spoke little Turkish. They could not afford to purchase school uniforms, let alone basic necessities like medicine and food. Studying in thesis day 2012 such unstable circumstances was clearly not conducive to an effective education. Prompt. Nonetheless, I realized early on that I needed to study hard in order to succeed in life. Through determination and perseverance, I did well on the university entrance exams and was offered admission to one of Ankara's best colleges, as well to sarup thesis a university in resume Istanbul.

It was no easy task acquiring a top-notch education, and I knew firsthand the thesis difficulties faced by children. I have always felt a need to clocking help others and now, as an educated man, I feel even more responsible towards those less fortunate than myself. Years ago, I started allocating approximately six hours each weekend to tutoring Cekud children in mathematics, physics, and sarup day 2012 chemistry. I also took two children, ages ten and recent eleven, under my wing with the goal of helping them pass the private college entrance exam that would qualify them to receive government sponsorship for their entire education. After seven months of sarup thesis hard work, we succeeded. The two children entered the program, and they will graduate from high school this summer. I tried to shore up their academic foundations with personal support--by playing a brotherly role, by listening to of water their problems, and by guiding them towards solutions. We organized picnics and arranged city sightseeing tours to help make them socially-conscious citizens. Cekud turned out to be the opportunity that allowed me to honor my vow. I do not hesitate to call these two children's success my most significant personal accomplishment to date.

I am overwhelmed by your service and so glad to sarup thesis day 2012 hear from you this quick. The efficiency amazed me with such short time, but the edits are even more amazing. I have to give you my most sincere thanks from my heart. Well, thank you again, and may the best luck be with you. Click Here for for uc the Edited Version. You answered the questions vividly and thesis comprehensively, and my job was to ensure that your essays were as eloquent as possible. The biggest problem regarding these essays was their content; the introduction to the first essay, for instance, was too wordy and read like a list of cultures disjointed images. I have taken extensive notes on this and other problems that I have addressed in your essays. In terms of structure, the only major adjustment required in these essays was the elimination of subheadings. Thesis Day 2012. As I mention in my notes, American admissions officers--and, for most recent that matter, American readers in general--prefer essays in which ideas flow smoothly into sarup thesis one another. In other words, unlike business documents, in which the color essays use of subheadings allows the reader easily to pick out passages containing certain information, an admissions essay should make a persuasive argument that is sarup thesis day 2012 bound together with well-constructed transitions.

In each of the essays, it seemed as if you got off to a good start, but then ran out of steam; your essays ended weakly rather than ending with a bang. Cultures Carol Ezzell Essay. See my specific notes on sarup thesis day 2012 each essay's respective conclusion. Rather than making radical (and unnecessary) structural changes to your essays, I concentrated on refining your language, highlighting your most interesting points, and making the logic of your ideas stand out. Many of color of water these changes are quite subtle, but they have a powerful impact on the overall flow of your ideas. I rephrased passages that contained awkward English, eliminated phrases or sentences that seemed extraneous or repetitive, and varied the vocabulary to render the sarup day 2012 text more lucid and vivid. I also varied the length of sentences in order to color make the rhythm of the text more interesting. (Please note that you should avoid starting too many sentences with I. Instead, try to add more transitional phrases like Additionally, or insert clauses before the sarup pronoun: In 1999, I began to work. ) I noticed a few sections in which your writing was either too vague or abstract, or where transitional passages were too abrupt. Essay. See my notes regarding these sections below. Here are my specific comments by essay and paragraph numbers of the original text:

You cite strong and vivid images in this paragraph, but you should avoid presenting them as a list. Admissions officers will be far more impressed if you can seamlessly weave these images into the text. I condensed your listings and have modified your format into a paragraph form. Did you enter college at age fifteen? You should be more precise about sarup day 2012 your educational history, and you should explain exactly when you attended university. These two paragraphs were both related, so I condensed them into a single discussion. Having too many paragraphs can make an essay seem choppy and digressive. When you describe Lec Corporation as, the first and biggest diversified conglomerate, do you mean that it was the first and biggest conglomerate in Turkey?

I assumed that this was the case, but be sure to recent change this detail if it is incorrect. The phrase appropriate solutions is vague. How about sarup thesis adaptable instead? In addition, note how I built a better transition from essays, Paragraph 9 to Paragraph 10, and how I streamlined your arguments to day 2012 make them more targeted. Your discussion in these paragraphs was excessively wordy, and I consolidated it to keep your argument on track. Also, once you have written out the resume school's full name, you can refer to sarup thesis day 2012 it simply as XXX. This entire paragraph was very redundant. Essay Italicized. Most of the details in this paragraph have been used elsewhere, so I suggest eliminating this paragraph in the interest of concision. This paragraph sounded like a brochure. I suggested incorporating the alumni network and student group information into the preceding paragraph.

Again, these paragraphs do not add much to your essay. It is better to end with a solid conclusion rather than to conclude weakly. I condensed this section of your essay. The first sentence of this paragraph was very unclear, and I rephrased it to simplify structure and to clarify meaning. Be sure to cite the year in which the sarup day 2012 earthquake occurred. We have rent a bus. Who is the we in essay this sentence? I assumed that you were referring to your Cekud coworkers, but be sure to correct this if it is incorrect.

I was impressed with Cekud's activities. Watch out for redundant phrases--you used the exact same phrase in Paragraph 3. While working with Cekud, I have also learned about their other activities such as restoration of historical houses. Day 2012. This detail is interesting, but it ultimately distracts from cultures carol ezzell, your narrative. I have eliminated it. These paragraphs were too wordy. Thesis Day 2012. I condensed your argument to make it tighter. In addition, you might want to clarify what you mean by the phrase, families who could hardly speak Turkish.

Many readers might be unaware of the cultural diversity of Turkey and color therefore might not know which language these people spoke. . Sarup Thesis. educating those kids. This phrase is unclear. Are you referring to for uc application the Cekud children? This is what I have assumed, but be sure to thesis change it if it is incorrect. The final sentence of clocking carol ezzell essay this paragraph was also unclear--what are the examinations that you describe designed to test?

I have interpreted this passage as follows: I also took two children, ages ten and eleven, under my wing with the goal of helping them pass the private college entrance exam that would qualify them to receive government sponsorship for thesis their entire education. I eliminated your quote from the last paragraph. It is, no doubt, a beautiful saying, but so many students end (or begin) their essays in this way that the technique has become clichéd. Ending with the color of water current paragraph--stating that helping these two children was your greatest accomplishment--leaves the reader with a strong, lasting impression of thesis your character and your sense of commitment. With all the changes I have proposed, you will have to use your judgment and accept only those that you think are best. Overall, this is a great set of essays that will leave a strong impression on the admissions committee. I wish you the best of essay prompt for uc application luck. See how EssayEdge experts from schools including Harvard, Yale and thesis day 2012 Princeton can help you get into persuasive weed business school! Review our services.

877-338-7772 (USA) 609-896-8669 (Int'l) *9 out of sarup day 2012 10 claim is essay based on 1,440 student surveys received between June 1, 2011 and June 1, 2012. 2017 Peterson's Nelnet, LLC. Thesis. All rights reserved.

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality -
Sarup thesis day 2012 - NGRC

Accounting #038; Finance Resume Examples. Sarup Day 2012. Careers in prompt for uc accounting finance start with the thesis day 2012 right education,the right skills, and the right resume. Our expert-written resume examples take the stress out of color of water creating your own job-winning accounting finance resume. Sarup. We offer multiple template options and designs that make resume writing easy. Accounting professionals are in high demand. Take the next step toward winning the job today. Click on carol ezzell essay any of the resume examples below to get started. From a bird’s eye view, an sarup thesis, accountant’s job is to essay on smoking weed arrange and analyze financial records. But there’s much more to this job.

Accountants are responsible for ensuring accuracy and sarup, compliance with legal regulations. They also manage clients’ taxes. If you want to prompt for uc create a strong accountant resume, you must your highlight general ledger accounting experience. You should also find ways to demonstrate your analytical skills and detail-oriented approach. Also, it’s smart to sarup thesis include any experience you have using major accounting platforms. Address each program by its name, rather than in a general statement. Plant. Accounting Assistant : Resume Example. Accounting assistants support the accounting team by reconciling bank statements, processing payroll, and invoicing clients. In some cases, they also perform administrative duties to keep the team running smoothly.

An outstanding accounting assistant resume must demonstrate expertise in clerical work, mathematics, accounting, and sarup thesis day 2012, good customer service. On Biogas Plant. But don’t stop there! Include your excellent organizational skills somewhere in your accounting assistant resume. Thesis. Creating a skills section might be the best way to accomplish this. Clocking Cultures Carol Ezzell. Accounting clerks are in charge of reviewing and maintaining accounting records to support the accounting team. This includes issuing checks for accounts payable, recording business transactions, and matching invoices to work orders. In some cases, accounting clerks perform administrative duties as well. To make a strong accounting clerk resume, you must highlight your math skills, demonstrate an understanding of sarup accounting programs, and clocking cultures ezzell essay, mention your problem-solving talents. Additionally, it’s wise to include any administrative and customer service experience.

It may be required for the position, so you don’t want to miss an opportunity. A branch manager is responsible for sarup thesis, either (depending on the position) a financial institution or a branch office of a bank. This means that they are in cultures charge of everything from hiring employees to overseeing loan approval. A winning branch manager resume must illustrate financial expertise and general management skills. Be sure to include the size of your team, the growth of your customer base, and day 2012, monumental revenue generation. Don’t forget to essay stress your HR skills, too. Branch managers often have to act as HR manager, as well, so including any HR accomplishments will help get your branch manager resume noticed.

Financial analysts analyze and report financial information in order to sarup thesis calculate the economic, business, or industry environment. Essay. Provided that information, financial analysts can then make useful recommendations. Sarup Thesis. A strong financial analyst resume should detail exceptional mathematics skills, a firm grasp of economics, and a working knowledge of sales and marketing. In addition, your winning financial analyst resume must demonstrate that you possess strong critical thinking skills. Essay. Try to incorporate deductive reasoning into your resume as well. Payroll Specialist : Resume Example. The primary responsibility of thesis day 2012 payroll specialists is to manage payroll information for companies. Payroll specialists ensure that employees — whether they are hourly or salary — are paid accurately and promptly. During tax season, payroll specialists often help build data for financial specialists.

If you want to create payroll specialist resume that gets attention, be sure to resume include the following information on your resume: excellent math skills, Excel expertise, and a strong understanding of day 2012 federal and state regulations. Besides that, you should also note your communication and clocking carol, organizational skills, which are also important qualities needed for the job. Attract attention with professional resume designs. Sarup Thesis. Finalize and clocking, download your resume in multiple formats. Attract attention with professional resume designs. Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Finalize and download your resume in multiple formats. Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Attract attention with professional resume designs.

Finalize and download your resume in multiple formats. Attract attention with professional resume designs. Sarup Day 2012. Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Finalize and download your resume in multiple formats. Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Attract attention with professional resume designs. Finalize and download your resume in multiple formats. Attract attention with professional resume designs.

Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Finalize and download your resume in on biogas plant multiple formats. Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Attract attention with professional resume designs. Finalize and download your resume in multiple formats. Attract attention with professional resume designs. Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Finalize and sarup thesis day 2012, download your resume in persuasive essay on smoking multiple formats. Thesis Day 2012. Improve your resume with our pre-written text.

Attract attention with professional resume designs. Finalize and download your resume in multiple formats. Attract attention with professional resume designs. Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Finalize and download your resume in multiple formats. Improve your resume with our pre-written text.

Attract attention with professional resume designs. Finalize and download your resume in multiple formats. Persuasive On Smoking. Attract attention with professional resume designs. Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Finalize and download your resume in multiple formats. Improve your resume with our pre-written text. Since 2005, LiveCareer’s team of career coaches, certified resume writers, and savvy technologists have been developing career tools that have helped over 10 million users build stronger resumes, write more persuasive cover letters, and develop better interview skills.

Use our free samples, templates, and writing guides and sarup, our easy-to-use resume builder software to help land the job you want. LiveCareer’s builder, resume examples, and resume writing tips are featured on some of the world’s top online and offline publications including: Accounting Finance Resume Samples. Mighty Recruiter Mighty Recruiter. Customer Service Customer Service. 800-652-8430 Mon- Fri 8am - 8pm CST.

Sat 8am - 5pm CST, Sun 10am - 6pm CST Stay in touch with us.

Write My Paper For Me -
Sarup Thesis Day 2012 - Sociedade Paranaense de Nefrologia

essay on ww1 and ww2 About World War I. T he First World War was truly #145;the Great War#146;. Its origins were complex. Its scale was vast. Its conduct was intense. Its impact on military operations was revolutionary.

Its human and material costs were enormous. And its results were profound. The war was a global conflict. Thirty-two nations were eventually involved. Sarup Day 2012! Twenty-eight of these constituted the Allied and Associated Powers, whose principal belligerents were the of water British Empire, France, Italy, Russia, Serbia, and the United States of America. They were opposed by the Central Powers: Austria-Hungary, Bulgaria, Germany, and the Ottoman Empire. The war began in the Balkan cockpit of competing nationalisms and ancient ethnic rivalries.

Hopes that it could be contained there proved vain. Expansion of the day 2012 war was swift. Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia on 28 July 1914; Germany declared war on clocking cultures, Russia on 1 August. Germany declared war on France on 3 August and sarup thesis invaded Belgium. France was invaded on thesis on biogas, 4 August. Sarup! German violation of Belgian neutrality provided the prompt application British with a convenient excuse to enter the war on the side of France and Russia the same evening.

Austria-Hungary declared war on Russia on sarup day 2012, 6 August. France and plant Great Britain declared war on Austria-Hungary six days later. The underlying causes of these events have been intensively researched and sarup thesis debated. Modern scholars are less inclined to allocate blame for the outbreak of war than was the case in the past. They have sought instead to understand the fears and ambitions of the governing lites of Europe who took the persuasive essay on smoking fateful decisions for thesis war, particularly that of essay italicized imperial Germany. Fears were more important than ambitions. Of the powers involved in the outbreak of war, only Serbia had a clear expansionist agenda. The French hoped to recover the provinces of Alsace and Lorraine lost to Germany as a result of their defeat in the Franco-Prussian War of 1870-1, but this was regarded as an sarup thesis day 2012, attempt at restitution rather than acquisition.

Otherwise, defensive considerations were paramount. The states who embarked on the road to war in 1914 wished to preserve what they had. This included not only their territorial integrity but also their diplomatic alliances and their prestige. These defensive concerns made Europe's statesmen take counsel of their fears and submit to clocking cultures, the tyranny of events. The Austrians feared for the survival of sarup thesis day 2012 their multi-racial Empire if they did not confront the threat of Serb nationalism and Panslavism. The Germans feared the consequences to themselves of allowing Austria, their closest and only reliable ally, to be weakened and humiliated. The Russians feared the essays threat to their prestige and authority as protector of the Slavs if they allowed Austria to sarup thesis, defeat and humiliate Serbia. The French feared the superior population numbers, economic resources, and military strength of their German neighbours. France's principal defence against the threat of essay for uc application German power was its alliance with Russia. This it was imperative to defend.

The British feared occupation of the Low Countries by a hostile power, especially a hostile power with a large modern navy. But most of all they feared for the long-term security of their Empire if they did not support France and Russia, their principal imperial rivals, whose goodwill they had been assiduously cultivating for a decade. All governments feared their peoples. Sarup! Some statesmen welcomed the war in the belief that it would act as a social discipline purging society of dissident elements and encouraging a return to patriotic values. Others feared that it would be a social solvent, dissolving and transforming everything it touched. The process of cultures carol expansion did not end in August 1914. Other major belligerents took their time and waited upon events. Italy, diplomatically aligned with Germany and Austria since the Triple Alliance of 1882, declared its neutrality on 3 August. In the following months it was ardently courted by France and Britain. On 23 May 1915 the Italian government succumbed to Allied temptations and declared war on Austria-Hungary in pursuit of territorial aggrandizement in the Trentino.

Bulgaria invaded Serbia on 7 October 1915 and sealed that pugnacious country's fate. Thesis Day 2012! Serbia was overrun. The road to Constantinople was opened to the Central Powers. Romania prevaricated about which side to join, but finally chose the Allies in August 1916, encouraged by the success of the Russian 'Brusilov Offensive'. It was a fatal miscalculation. Thesis On Biogas Plant! The German response was swift and decisive. Romania was rapidly overwhelmed by two invading German armies and its rich supplies of wheat and thesis oil did much to keep Germany in most recent, the war for another two years. Romania joined Russia as the other Allied power to suffer defeat in the war. It was British belligerency, however, which was fundamental in turning a European conflict into sarup thesis day 2012 a world war.

Britain was the world's greatest imperial power. The British had world-wide interests and world-wide dilemmas. They also had world-wide friends. Germany found itself at war not only with Great Britain but also with the dominions of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and South Africa and with the greatest British imperial possession, India. Concern for color of water the defence of India helped bring the thesis British into conflict with the Ottoman Empire in November 1914 and thesis plant resulted in a major war in the Middle East. Most important of all, perhaps, Britain's close political, economic, and cultural ties with the United States of America, if they did not ensure that nation's eventual entry into the war, certainly made it possible. The American declaration of thesis day 2012 war on Germany on 6 April 1917 was a landmark not only in the history of the United States but also in that of Europe and the world, bringing to an end half a millennium of European domination and ushering in 'the American century'. The geographical scale of the essay prompt conflict meant that it was not one war but many. On the Western Front in France and Belgium the French and their British allies, reinforced from 1917 onwards by the Americans, were locked in sarup thesis, a savage battle of attrition against the German army. Here the war became characterized by increasingly elaborate and italicized sophisticated trench systems and field fortifications.

Dense belts of barbed wire, concrete pillboxes, intersecting arcs of machine-gun fire, and thesis day 2012 accumulating masses of quick-firing field and essays heavy artillery rendered man#156;uvre virtually impossible. Casualties were enormous. The first phase of the war in the west lasted until November 1914. This witnessed Germany's attempt to defeat France through an sarup, enveloping movement round the left flank of the clocking cultures French armies. The plan met with initial success. The advance of the German armies through Belgium and northern France was dramatic.

The French, responding with an offensive in Lorraine, suffered an almost catastrophic national defeat. France was saved by the iron nerve of thesis its commander-in-chief, General J. J. C. Joffre, who had not only the intelligence but also the strength of character to extricate himself from the ruin of his plans and order the historic counter-attack against the German right wing, the 'miracle of the Marne'. The German armies were forced to retreat and to entrench. Their last attempt at a breakthrough was stopped by French and British forces near the small Flemish market town of Ypres in November. By Christmas 1914 trench lines stretched from the Belgian coast to the Swiss frontier. Although the events of 1914 did not result in a German victory, they left the Germans in a very strong position. The German army held the strategic initiative.

It was free to essay, retreat to positions of tactical advantage and to reinforce them with all the skill and ingenuity of German military engineering. Enormous losses had been inflicted on France. Two-fifths of France's military casualties were incurred in 1914. These included a tenth of the officer corps. German troops occupied a large area of northern France, including a significant proportion of sarup thesis day 2012 French industrial capacity and mineral wealth. These realities dominated the second phase of the thesis war in the west. Sarup Thesis Day 2012! This lasted from November 1914 until March 1918. It was characterized by of water essays the unsuccessful attempts of the French and their British allies to evict the German armies from French and Belgian territory.

During this period the thesis day 2012 Germans stood mainly on the defensive, but they showed during the Second Battle of Ypres (22 April-25 May 1915), and more especially during the Battle of Verdun (21 February-18 December 1916), a dangerous capacity to disrupt their enemies' plans. The French made three major assaults on the German line: in the spring of 1915 in Artois; in the autumn of 1915 in Champagne; and in the spring of 1917 on cultures, the Aisne (the 'Nivelle Offensive'). These attacks were characterized by the intensity of the fighting and the absence of achievement. Little ground was gained. No positions of sarup strategic significance were captured. Persuasive Weed! Casualties were severe. The failure of the Nivelle Offensive led to thesis day 2012, a serious breakdown of morale in the French army. For much of the resume rest of 1917 it was incapable of major offensive action. The British fared little better.

Although their armies avoided mutiny they came no closer to sarup thesis, breaching the German line. During the on biogas plant battles of the Somme (1 July19 November 1916) and the Third Battle of Ypres (31 July-12 November 1917) they inflicted great losses on the German army at great cost to themselves, but the German line held and no end to the war appeared in sight. The final phase of the war in the west lasted from 21 March until 11 November 1918. This saw Germany once more attempt to achieve victory with a knock-out blow and once more fail. The German attacks used sophisticated new artillery and infantry tactics. They enjoyed spectacular success. The British 5th Army on the Somme suffered a major defeat. But the British line held in front of Amiens and later to the north in front of sarup thesis Ypres. No real strategic damage was done.

By midsummer the German attacks had petered out. The German offensive broke the trench deadlock and returned movement and man#156;uvre to italicized, the strategic agenda. It also compelled closer Allied military co-operation under a French generalissimo, General Ferdinand Foch. The Allied counter-offensive began in July. At the Battle of Amiens, on sarup thesis day 2012, 8 August, the British struck the German army a severe blow. For the rest of the war in the west the Germans were in retreat. On the Eastern Front in Galicia and Russian Poland the Germans and their Austrian allies fought the on smoking weed gallant but disorganized armies of Russia. Here the distances involved were very great.

Artillery densities were correspondingly less. Man#156;uvre was always possible and cavalry could operate effectively. This did nothing to lessen casualties, which were greater even than those on the Western Front. The war in the east was shaped by German strength, Austrian weakness, and Russian determination. German military superiority was apparent from the start of the war. The Russians suffered two crushing defeats in 1914, at Tannenberg (26-31 August) and the Masurian Lakes (5-15 September). Sarup Day 2012! These victories ensured the for uc security of Germany's eastern frontiers for the rest of the war. They also established the military legend of sarup thesis Field-Marshal Paul von Hindenburg and General Erich Ludendorff, who emerged as principal directors of the German war effort in the autumn of 1916. By September 1915 the Russians had been driven out of Poland, Lithuania, and Courland.

Austro-German armies occupied Warsaw and the Russian frontier fortresses of Ivangorod, Kovno, Novo-Georgievsk, and Brest-Litovsk. These defeats proved costly to of water essays, Russia. They also proved costly to Austria. Austria had a disastrous war. Italian entry into the war compelled the Austrians to fight an three fronts: against Serbia in thesis day 2012, the Balkans; against Russia in Galicia; against Italy in the Trentino. This proved too much for Austrian strength. Their war effort was characterized by dependency on Germany. Germans complained that they were shackled to clocking ezzell essay, the 'Austrian corpse'. The war exacerbated the Austro-Hungarian Empire's many ethnic and national tensions.

By 1918 Austria was weary of the war and desperate for peace. This had a major influence on the German decision to seek a victory in the west in the spring of 1918. Perceptions of the Russian war effort have been overshadowed by the October Revolution of 1917 and by Bolshevik 'revolutionary defeatism' which acquiesced in the punitive Treaty of Brest-Litovsk (14 March 1918) and took Russia out of the war. This has obscured the astonishing Russian determination to keep faith with the Franco-British alliance. Without the Russian contribution in the east it is far from certain that Germany could have been defeated in the west.

The unhesitating Russian willingness to sarup, aid their western allies is nowhere more apparent than in the 'Brusilov Offensive' (June-September 1916), which resulted in the capture of the Bukovina and large parts of color of water Galicia, as well as 350,000 Austrian prisoners, but at a cost to Russia which ultimately proved mortal. In southern Europe the Italian army fought eleven indecisive battles in an attempt to sarup, dislodge the Austrians from their mountain strongholds beyond the Isonzo river. In October 1917 Austrian reinforcement by clocking ezzell seven German divisions resulted in a major Italian defeat at Caporetto. The Italians were pushed back beyond the thesis Piave. This defeat produced changes in the Italian high command. During 1918 Italy discovered a new unity of purpose and a greater degree of organization. On 24 October 1918 Italian and British forces recrossed the Piave and split the Austrian armies in two at Vittorio Veneto. Austrian retreat turned into rout and then into surrender. In the Balkans the Serbs fought the Austrians and essay Bulgarians, suffering massive casualties, including the highest proportion of servicemen killed of any belligerent power. In October 1915 a Franco-British army was sent to Macedonia to operate against the Bulgarians. It struggled to have any influence on the war.

The Germans mocked it and declared Salonika to be the biggest internment camp in Europe, but the French and sarup thesis British eventually broke out of the malarial plains into plant the mountainous valleys of the Vardar and Struma rivers before inflicting defeat on Bulgaria in the autumn of 1918. In the Middle East British armies fought the Turks in a major conflict with far-reaching consequences. Here the war was characterized by the doggedness of sarup thesis Turkish resistance and by most the constant struggle against climate, terrain, and disease. The British attempted to knock Turkey out of the war with an attack on sarup thesis, the Gallipoli peninsula in April 1915, but were compelled to withdraw at plant the end of the year, having failed to break out from their narrow beach-heads in the face of day 2012 stubborn Turkish resistance, coordinated by a German general, Liman von Sanders. The British also suffered another humiliating reverse in Mesopotamia when a small army commanded by Major-General C. V. Thesis Plant! F. Townshend advanced to day 2012, Ctesiphon but outran its supplies and was compelled to surrender at Kut-al-Amara in April 1916.

Only after the appointment of Sir Stanley Maude to the command of British forces in Mesopotamia did Britain's superior military and economic strength begin to assert itself. Maude's forces captured Baghdad in March 1917, the first clear-cut British victory of the war. The following June General Sir Edmund Allenby was appointed to command British forces in persuasive weed, Egypt. He captured Jerusalem by Christmas and in sarup thesis, September 1918 annihilated Turkish forces in Palestine. Turkey surrendered on 31 October 1918. The war also found its way to on biogas, tropical Africa. Germany's colonies in West and south-west Africa succumbed to British and South African forces by the spring of 1915. In East Africa, however, a German army of locally raised black African soldiers commanded by Colonel Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck conducted a brilliant guerrilla campaign, leading over 100,000 British and South African troops a merry dance through the bush and surrendering only after the defeat of Germany in Europe became known. On and under the oceans of the sarup day 2012 world, Great Britain and Germany contested naval supremacy. Surface battles took place in essay on smoking weed, the Pacific, the south Atlantic, and the North Sea.

The British generally had the better of these despite suffering some disappointments, notably at Coronel (1 November 1914) and Jutland (31 May-1 June 1916), the only major fleet engagement, during which Admiral Sir John Jellicoe failed to deliver the expected Nelsonic victory of total annihilation. Submarine warfare took place in the North Sea, the Black Sea, the thesis day 2012 Atlantic, the Mediterranean, and clocking carol ezzell essay the Baltic. German resort to unrestricted submarine warfare (February 1917) brought Britain to the verge of ruin. German violation of international law and sinking of American ships also helped bring the United States into the war on the Allied side. The British naval blockade of Germany, massively reinforced by sarup the Americans from April 1917, played an important role in clocking cultures ezzell essay, German defeat. The geographical scale of the conflict made it very difficult for sarup political and military leaders to control events. The obligations of coalition inhibited strategic independence.

Short-term military needs often forced the great powers to allow lesser states a degree of thesis on biogas licence they would not have enjoyed in peacetime. Governments' deliberate arousal of popular passions made suggestions of compromise seem treasonable. The ever-rising cost of the military means inflated the political ends. Hopes of a peaceful new world order began to replace old diplomatic abstractions such as 'the balance of power'. Rationality went out of season.

War aims were obscured. Strategies were distorted. Great Britain entered the war on proclaimed principles of international law and in defence of the rights of small nations. By 1918 the British government was pursuing a Middle Eastern policy of naked imperialism (in collaboration with the French), while simultaneously encouraging the aspirations of Arab nationalism and promising support for sarup thesis the establishment of a Jewish national home in Palestine. Essay! It was truly a war of illusions. Europe's political and military leaders have been subjected to day 2012, much retrospective criticism for color of water essays their belief that the #145;war would be over by Christmas'. This belief was not based on complacency. Sarup Day 2012! Even those who predicted with chilling accuracy the murderous nature of First World War battlefields, such as the of water Polish banker Jan Bloch, expected the war to be short. Sarup Thesis! This was because they also expected it to be brutal and costly, in both blood and persuasive on smoking treasure.

No state could be expected to sustain such a war for very long without disastrous consequences. The war which gave the lie to these assumptions was the American Civil War. This had been studied by thesis day 2012 European military observers at close quarters. Most, however, dismissed it. This was particularly true of the Prussians. Their own military experience in the wars against Austria (1866) and France (1870-1) seemed more relevant and compelling. These wars were both short. They were also instrumental.

In 1914 the Germans sought to resume most, replicate the success of their Prussian predecessors. Sarup Day 2012! They aimed to fight a 'cabinet war' on the Bismarckian model. To do so they developed a plan of breath-taking recklessness which depended on the ability of the German army to defeat France in the thirty-nine days allowed for a war in the west. Strategic conduct of the First World War was dominated by German attempts to achieve victory through knock-out blows. Erich von Falkenhayn, German commander-in-chief from September 1914 until August 1916, was almost alone in his belief that Germany could obtain an outcome to the war satisfactory to its interests and those of its allies without winning smashing victories of total annihilation. His bloody attempt to win the war by attrition at Verdun in 1916 did little to recommend the resume recent strategy to his fellow countrymen.

The preference for knock-out blows remained. It was inherited from German history and was central to Germany's pre-war planning. Pre-war German strategy was haunted by the fear of a war on two fronts, against sarup thesis France in the west and Russia in the east. The possibility of a diplomatic solution to of water essays, this dilemma was barely considered by the military-dominated German government. Sarup Day 2012! A military solution was sought instead. Essay! The German high command decided that the best form of defence was attack. They would avoid a war on two fronts by knocking out one of their enemies before the other could take the sarup day 2012 field.

The enemy with the slowest military mobilization was Russia. The French army would be in the field first. France was therefore chosen to receive the first blow. Once France was defeated the German armies would turn east and defeat Russia. The Schlieffen Plan rested on two assumptions: that it would take the Russians six weeks to put an of water, army into the field; and that six weeks was long enough to defeat France. By 1914 the first assumption was untrue: Russia put an army into the field in fifteen days. The second assumption left no margin for error, no allowance for the inevitable friction of war, and was always improbable. The failure of the Schlieffen Plan gave the First World War its essential shape. This was maintained by the enduring power of the sarup thesis German army, which was, in John Terraine's phrase, 'the motor of the war'. The German army was a potent instrument. It had played a historic role in essay for uc, the emergence of the German state.

It enjoyed enormous prestige. It was able to recruit men of talent and dedication as officers and NCOs. As a result it was well trained and well led. It had the political power to command the resources of Germany's powerful industrial economy. Germany's position at the heart of sarup day 2012 Europe meant that it could operate on interior lines of communication in essay, a European war. The efficient German railway network permitted the sarup movement of German troops quickly from front to front. The superior speed of the locomotive over the ship frustrated Allied attempts to use their command of the sea to operate effectively against the periphery of the Central Powers. The power of the German army was the fundamental strategic reality of the war. 'We cannot hope to win this war until we have defeated the ezzell essay German army,' wrote the commander-in-chief of the British Expeditionary Force, Field Marshal Sir Douglas Haig. This was a judgement whose consequences some Allied political leaders were reluctant to embrace. The German army suffered from two important strategic difficulties. The first of these was the inability of the German political system to forge appropriate instruments of strategic control.

The second was Great Britain. German government rested on the tortured personality of the Kaiser. It was riven by thesis intrigue and essay weed indecision. The kind of centralized decision-making structures which eventually evolved in thesis, Britain and carol France (though not in Russia) failed to evolve in Germany. When the Kaiser proved incapable of coordinating German strategy, he was replaced not by a system but by other individuals, seemingly more effective.

Field Marshal Paul von Hindenburg radiated calm and sarup inspired confidence. This gave him the appearance of a great man but without the substance. Essay Italicized! General Erich Ludendorff was a military technocrat of outstanding talent, but he was highly strung and without political judgement. In 1918 his offensive strategy brought Germany to sarup day 2012, ruin. The failure to essay for uc application, develop effective mechanisms of strategic control applied equally to the Austro-German alliance.

The Austrians depended on German military and economic strength, but the Germans found it difficult to turn this into 'leverage'. Austria was willing to take German help but not German advice. Only after the crushing reverses inflicted by Brusilov's offensive did the Austrians submit to German strategic direction. By then it was almost certainly too late. Germany's pre-war strategic planning was based entirely on winning a short war. British belligerency made this unlikely. The British were a naval rather than a military power.

They could not be defeated by the German army, at least not quickly. The British could, if necessary, hold out even after their Continental allies had been defeated. They might even have chosen to do this. They had in the past and they would again in the not-too-distant future. The German navy was too weak to defeat the British, but large enough to make them resentful and suspicious of sarup day 2012 German policy; it ought never to have been built.

British entry into the war dramatically shifted the economic balance in favour of the Allies. Britain was one of the resume recent world's great industrial powers. Seventy-five per cent of the world's shipping was British built and much of it British owned. London was the world's greatest money and commodities market. British access to world supplies of food and sarup thesis day 2012 credit and to imperial resources of manpower made them a formidable enemy, despite the 'contemptible little army' which was all they could put into the field on the outbreak of war. From about plant mid-1916 onwards British economic, industrial, and manpower resources began to sarup thesis day 2012, be fully mobilized. Germany was forced for on biogas the first time to confront the reality of sarup material inferiority. Germany had increasingly to fight a war of scarcity, the Allies increasingly a war of abundance. French strategy was dominated by the German occupation of much of northern France and for uc most of Belgium. Sarup! At its closest point the German line was less than 40 miles from Paris. A cautious, defensive strategy was politically unacceptable and persuasive essay on smoking weed psychologically impossible, at least during the first three years of the war.

During 1914 and 1915 France sacrificed enormous numbers of men in the attempt to evict the sarup Germans. This was followed by essay italicized the torment of Verdun, where the sarup thesis Germans deliberately attempted to 'bleed France white'. French fears of military inferiority were confirmed. If France was to prevail its allies would have to contribute in kind. For the British this was a radical departure from the historic norm and one which has appalled them ever since. British strategy became increasingly subordinated to the needs of the cultures ezzell essay Franco-British alliance. The British fought the sarup thesis day 2012 war as they had to, not as they wanted to.

The British way in warfare envisaged a largely naval war. A naval blockade would weaken Germany economically. If the German navy chose not to break the stranglehold Germany would lose the persuasive on smoking war. If it did choose to fight it would be annihilated. Thesis Day 2012! British maritime superiority would be confirmed. Neutral opinion would be cowed. Fresh allies would be encouraged into the fight. The blockade would be waged with greater ruthlessness.

Military operations would be confined to the dispatch of a small professional expeditionary force to help the French. Remaining military forces would be employed on the periphery of the Central Powers remote from the German army, where it was believed they would exercise a strategic influence out of all proportion to their size. The British never really fought the war they envisaged. Resume Most Recent! The branch of the British army which sent most observers to thesis, the American Civil War was the Corps of Royal Engineers. And it was a Royal Engineers' officer, Lord Kitchener, who was one of the few European political and military leaders to recognize that the war would be long and require the complete mobilization of national resources.

Kitchener was appointed Secretary of State for War on 5 August 1914. He doubted whether the French and the Russians were strong enough to defeat Germany without massive British military reinforcement. He immediately sought to on smoking, raise a mass citizen army. There was an overwhelming popular response to sarup thesis day 2012, his call to arms. Kitchener envisaged this new British army taking the field in 1917 after the French and Russian armies had rendered the German army ripe for defeat.

They would be 'the last million men'. They would win the war and essay prompt decide the peace. For the British a satisfactory peace would be one which guaranteed the long-term security of the British Empire. This security was threatened as much by Britain's allies, France and Russia, as it was by Germany. It was imperative not only that the Allies win the war but also that Britain emerge from it as the dominant power. Kitchener's expectations were disappointed.

By 1916 it was the sarup thesis French army which was ripe for defeat, not the German. But the obligations of the French alliance were inescapable. The British could not afford to persuasive essay, acquiesce in a French defeat. French animosity and resentment would replace the valuable mutual understanding which had been achieved in the decade before the war. Sarup Day 2012! The French had a great capacity for persuasive making imperial mischief. Sarup Day 2012! And so did the Russians. If they were abandoned they would have every reason for doing so. There seemed no choice. The ill-trained and ill-equipped British armies would have to take the field before they were ready and be forced to persuasive essay, take a full part in the attrition of German military power. The casualties which this strategy of 'offensive attrition' involved were unprecedented in British history. They were also unacceptable to some British political leaders.

Winston Churchill and David Lloyd George (Prime Minister from December 1916), in particular, were opposed to the British army 'chewing barbed wire' on the Western Front. They looked to use it elsewhere, against Germany's allies in the eastern Mediterranean, the Middle East, and the Balkans. Their attempts to do this were inhibited by the need to keep France in the war. This could only thesis day 2012 be done in France and by fighting the German army. They were also inhibited by the war's operational and tactical realities. These imposed themselves on Gallipoli and in Salonika and in Italy just as they did on the Western Front. Attempts to implement an Allied grand strategy enjoyed some success.

Allied political and military leaders met regularly. At Chantilly in December 1915 and December 1916 they determined to stretch the clocking carol ezzell essay German army to its limits by sarup day 2012 simultaneous offensive action on the western, eastern, and Italian fronts. Essay! A Supreme Allied War Council was established at day 2012 Versailles on 27 November 1917, and was given the power to control Allied reserves. Franco-British co-operation was especially close. This was largely a matter of practical necessity which relied on the mutual respect and clocking cultures essay understanding between French and British commanders-in-chief on the Western Front. The system worked well until the German Spring Offensive of 1918 threatened to divide the Allies. Only then was it replaced by a more formal structure. But not even this attained the sarup day 2012 levels of joint planning and clocking cultures carol control which became a feature of Anglo-American co-operation in the Second World War. Allied grand strategy was conceptually sound. The problems which it encountered were not principally ones of planning or of co-ordination but of performance.

Achieving operational effectiveness on the battlefield was what was difficult. This has given the war, especially the war in the west, its enduring image of boneheaded commanders wantonly sacrificing the lives of their men in fruitless pursuit of impossibly grandiose strategic designs. The battlefields of the First World War were the sarup thesis product of a century of economic, social, and political change. Europe in 1914 was more populous, more wealthy, and more coherently organized than ever before. The rise of nationalism gave states unprecedented legitimacy and authority.

This allowed them to demand greater sacrifices from their civilian populations. Italicized! Improvements in sarup thesis day 2012, agriculture reduced the essay numbers needed to work on the land and provided a surplus of males of military age. They also allowed larger and larger armies to be fed and kept in the field for years at a time. Thesis! Changes in administrative practice brought about by the electric telegraph, the telephone, the for uc typewriter, and the growth of railways allowed these armies to be assembled and sarup deployed quickly. Industrial technology provided new weapons of unprecedented destructiveness. Quick-firing rifled cannon, breech-loading magazine rifles, and machine-guns transformed the range, rapidity, accuracy, and deadliness of military firepower. They also ensured that in any future war, scientists, engineers, and mechanics would be as important as soldiers. These changes did much to make the First World War the first 'modern war'.

But it did not begin as one. The fact of a firepower revolution was understood in most European armies. The consequences of it were not. The experience of the thesis Russo-Japanese War (1904-5) appeared to sarup day 2012, offer a human solution to recent, the problems of the technological battlefield. Victory would go to the side with the sarup thesis day 2012 best-trained, most disciplined army, commanded by essay generals of sarup thesis iron resolution, prepared to maintain the offensive in the face of huge losses. As a result the opening battles of the essay prompt for uc application war were closer in conception and execution to those of the Napoleonic era than to the battles of 1916 onwards. It is difficult to say exactly when 'modern' war began, but it was apparent by the end of 1915 that pre-war assumptions were false. Well-trained, highly disciplined French, German, and Russian soldiers of high morale were repeatedly flung into battle by day 2012 commanders of iron resolve. The results were barren of strategic achievement. The human costs were immense. The 'human solution' was not enough.

The search for a technological solution was inhibited not only by the tenacity of pre-war concepts but also by essay for uc the limitations of the technology itself. The principal instrument of education was artillery. And the mode of instruction was experience. Shell-fire was merciless to troops in sarup day 2012, the open. The response was to essay on smoking weed, get out of the open and into the ground. Soldiers did not dig trenches out of perversity in order to be cold, wet, rat-infested, and lice-ridden. Sarup! They dug them in most, order to survive. The major tactical problem of the day 2012 war became how to essay italicized, break these trench lines once they were established and reinforced. For much of the war artillery lacked the sarup thesis day 2012 ability to find enemy targets, to hit them accurately, and to clocking carol essay, destroy them effectively. Contemporary technology failed to provide a man-portable wireless.

Communication for most of the war was dependent on telephone or telegraph wires. Sarup! These were always broken by shell-fire and difficult to protect. Artillery and infantry commanders were rarely in voice communication and both usually lacked 'real time' intelligence of battlefield events; First World War infantry commanders could not easily call down artillery fire when confronted by an enemy obstruction. As a result the coordination of infantry and artillery was very difficult and often impossible. Infantry commanders were forced to carol essay, fall back on their own firepower and this was often inadequate. The infantry usually found itself with too much to do, and day 2012 paid a high price for its weakness. Artillery was not only a major part of the problem, however. It was also a major part of the solution. During 1918 Allied artillery on the western front emerged as a formidable weapon. Target acquisition was transformed by aerial photographic reconnaissance and the sophisticated techniques of flash-spotting and sound-ranging. These allowed mathematically predicted fire, or map-shooting.

The pre-registration of guns on enemy targets by actual firing was no longer necessary. The possibility of surprise returned to the battlefield. Accuracy was greatly improved by maintaining operating histories for individual guns. Battery commanders were supplied with detailed weather forecasts every four hours. Each gun could now be individually calibrated according to its own peculiarities and according to wind speed and direction, temperature, and humidity. All types and calibres of guns, including heavy siege howitzers whose steep angle of essay for uc application fire was especially effective in trench warfare, became available in virtually unlimited numbers. Munitions were also improved.

Poison gas shells became available for the first time in sarup day 2012, large numbers. High explosive replaced shrapnel, a devastating anti-personnel weapon but largely ineffective against essay prompt the earthworks, barbed wire entanglements, and concrete machine-gun emplacements which the infantry had to assault. Instantaneous percussion fuses concentrated the explosive effect of shells more effectively against barbed wire and reduced the cratering of the battlefield which had often rendered the forward movement of thesis supplies and reinforcements difficult if not impossible. Artillery-infantry co-operation was radically improved by aerial fire control. The tactical uses to which this destructive instrument were put also changed. In 1915, 1916, and for much of resume 1917 artillery was used principally to sarup thesis, kill enemy soldiers.

It always did so, sometimes in large numbers. But it always spared some, even in front-line trenches. These were often enough, as during the first day of the Battle of the Somme (1 July 1916), to inflict disastrous casualties on attacking infantry and bring an entire offensive to a halt. Thesis! From the autumn of 1917 and during 1918, however, artillery was principally used to suppress enemy defences. Command posts, telephone exchanges, crossroads, supply dumps, forming-up areas, and thesis gun batteries were targeted. Effective use was made of thesis poison gas, both lethal and lachrymatory, and smoke. Sarup! The aim was to disrupt the enemy's command and control system and keep his soldiers' heads down until attacking infantry could close with them and bring their own firepower to bear. The attacking infantry were also transformed. Clocking Cultures Carol! In 1914 the sarup thesis British soldier went to war dressed like a gamekeeper in a soft cap, armed only with rifle and clocking cultures carol ezzell bayonet. In 1918 he went into battle dressed like an industrial worker in a steel helmet, protected by thesis a respirator against poison gas, armed with automatic weapons and mortars, supported by tanks and ground-attack aircraft, and preceded by a creeping artillery barrage of crushing intensity.

Firepower replaced manpower as the instrument of victory. This represented a revolution in the conduct of war. The ever-increasing material superiority of the western Allies confronted the German army with major problems. Its response was organizational. As early as 1915 even the weakly armed British proved that they could always break into the German front-line trenches. The solution was to deepen the trench system and limit the number of infantry in the front line, where they were inviting targets for enemy artillery. The burden of defence rested on machine-gunners carefully sited half a mile or so behind the front line. From the thesis autumn of 1916 the Germans took these changes to their logical conclusion by thesis day 2012 instituting a system of 'elastic defence in depth'. The German front line was sited where possible on a reverse slope to make enemy artillery observation difficult. A formal front-line trench system was abandoned.

The German first line consisted of machine-gunners located in prompt application, shell-holes, difficult to detect from the air. Their job was to disrupt an sarup, enemy infantry assault. This would then be drawn deep into color of water the German position, beyond the thesis day 2012 supporting fire of its own guns, where it would be counter-attacked and destroyed by the bulk of the German infantry and artillery. This system allowed the Germans to survive against an Allied manpower superiority of more than 3:2 on the Western Front throughout 1917 and to inflict significant losses on their enemies. The German system required intelligent and well-trained as well as brave soldiers to essay for uc application, make it work. An increasing emphasis was placed on sarup day 2012, individual initiative, surprise, and speed. In 1918 specially trained #145;stormtroops', supported by a hurricane bombardment designed to italicized, disrupt their enemies' lines of communication and their command and control systems, were ordered to bypass points of resistance and advance deep into the enemy's rear. The success they enjoyed was dramatic, and much greater than anything achieved by the French and sarup thesis day 2012 British, but it was not enough. Attacking German infantry could not maintain the momentum and inflict upon enemy commanders the kind of moral paralysis achieved by color German armoured forces in 1940.

The Allied line held and exhausted German infantry were eventually forced back by sarup the accumulating weight and increasing sophistication of Allied material technology. The material solution to the problems of the First World War battlefield, favoured by clocking carol essay the western Allies, was not in sarup, the gift of soldiers alone. It depended on the ability of the armes' host societies to produce improved military technology in ever-greater amounts. This, in turn, depended on the effectiveness of their political institutions and the quality of their civilian morale. Prompt! It was a contest at which the liberal democracies of France and Great Britain (and eventually the United States of sarup thesis America) proved more adept than the authoritarian regimes of Austria-Hungary, Germany, and Russia. The 'modern war' fought from 1916 onwards resolved itself simply into persuasive essay weed a demand for thesis more: more men, more weapons, more ammunition, more money, more skills, more morale, more food. Some of the demands were contradictory. More men meant more men for the armies and more men for the factories.

Balancing the competing demands was never easy. 'Manpower' (a word first coined in 1915) became central to the war effort of all states. Essay Prompt For Uc! The Allies were in a much stronger position than Germany. They had access not only to their home populations but also to those of their empires. 630,000 Canadians, 412,000 Australians, 136,000 South Africans, and 130,000 New Zealanders served in the British army during the war. Very large numbers of Indian troops (800,000 in Mesopotamia alone) and a small number of Africans (perhaps 50,000) also served. Sarup Thesis Day 2012! (The British also employed several hundred thousand Chinese labourers to work on their lines of communication.) The French recruited some 600,000 combat troops from North and West Africa and a further 200,000 labourers. Of Water Essays! And of course there were the Americans. American troops arrived in sarup thesis day 2012, France at the rate of 150,000 a month in 1918. Truly the new world had come in to persuasive essay on smoking weed, redress the balance of the sarup thesis old.

The British and French were particularly successful in mobilizing their economies. Cultures Ezzell Essay! In Britain this had much to do with the work of David Lloyd George as Minister of sarup Munitions (May 1915-July 1916). The grip of the skilled trade unions on industrial processes was relaxed. Ancient lines of demarcation were blurred. Women replaced men in the factories. Research and development were given a proper place in industrial strategy. Prodigies of production were achieved. Essay For Uc! On 10 March 1915, at the Battle of Neuve Chapelle, the British Expeditionary Force struggled to day 2012, accumulate enough shells for ezzell half an hour's bombardment.

In the autumn of thesis day 2012 1918 its 18-pounder field guns were firing a minimum of most 100,000 rounds a day. The French performance was, in many ways, even more impressive, given that so much of their industrial capacity was in German hands. Not only did the French economy supply the French army with increasing amounts of old and new weaponry, but it also supplied most of the American Expeditionary Force's artillery and aeroplanes. The French aircraft industry was, arguably, the best in Europe and provided some of the leading aircraft of the war, including the Nieuport and the SPAD VII. Morale was also a key factor. All sides tried to explain and justify the war and used increasingly refined techniques of propaganda to thesis, maintain commitment to the cause. Giving the impression of adversity shared equally among the classes became a key theme. Persuasive Weed! One of the major threats to this was the equality of access to food supplies. Thesis! In Germany this proved increasingly difficult to color of water essays, maintain. Morale deteriorated and industrial efficiency suffered as a result. British agriculture did not perform particularly well during the war, but British maritime superiority and financial power allowed them to command the sarup thesis day 2012 agricultural resources of clocking carol ezzell essay North and South America and Australasia.

Food was one of the Allies#146; principal war-winning weapons. The degree of active resistance to the war was low in most countries. But war-weariness set in everywhere by 1917. There were many strikes and much industrial unrest. In Russia this was severe enough to produce a revolution and then a Bolshevik coup d#146;tat which took Russia out of the sarup thesis war in 1918.

The social consequences of this mass mobilization were less spectacular than is sometimes claimed. Essay! There were advances for the organized working class, especially its trade unions, especially in Britain, and arguably for women, but the working class of Europe paid a high price on the battlefield for social advances at home. Sarup Day 2012! And in the defeated states there was very little social advance anyway. The First World War redrew the map of recent Europe and thesis day 2012 the Middle East. Persuasive On Smoking! Four great empires, the Romanov, the Hohenzollern, the Habsburg, and the Ottoman, were defeated and collapsed. They were replaced by a number of weak and sometimes avaricious successor states.

Russia underwent a bloody civil war before the establishment of a Communist Soviet Union which put it beyond the pale of European diplomacy for day 2012 a generation. Germany became a republic branded at its birth with the stigma of defeat, increasingly weakened by the burden of italicized Allied reparations and by inflation. France recovered the provinces of Alsace and Lorraine, but continued to be haunted by fear and loathing of Germany. Italy was disappointed by the territorial rewards of its military sacrifice. This provided fertile soil for Mussolini's Fascists, who had overthrown parliamentary democracy by 1924.

The British maintained the integrity and independence of Belgium. They also acquired huge increases in imperial territory and thesis imperial obligation. But they did not achieve the security for the Empire which they sought. The white dominions were unimpressed by the quality of British military leadership. The First World War saw them mature as independent nations seeking increasingly to go their own way. The stirrings of revolt in India were apparent as soon as the war ended.

In 1922 the British were forced, under American pressure, to abandon the Anglo-Japanese alliance, so useful to them in protecting their Far Eastern empire. They were also forced to accept naval parity with the Americans and a bare superiority over the Japanese. 'This is not a peace,' Marshal Foch declared in thesis, 1919, 'but an armistice for twenty-five years.' The cost of all this in human terms was 8.5 million dead and 21 million wounded out of sarup thesis day 2012 some 65 million men mobilized. The losses among particular groups, especially young, educated middle-class males, were often severe, but the demographic shape of Europe was not fundamentally changed. The real impact was moral. Persuasive! The losses struck a blow at European self-confidence and pretension to superior civilization. It was a blow, perhaps, whose consequences have not even now fully unfolded.

From The Oxford Illustrated History of Modern War . Ed. Charles Townshend. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1997. Copyright © 1997 by Oxford University Press.

Buy Essay Papers Here -
Sarup thesis day 2012 - Стоматологія Хомишин

How to Guide to Racing Resume / Sponsorship Proposal. So you want to race. Welcome to sarup thesis the club. Whether you are trying to work this out thesis plant with family support, or on your own, unless you are fabulously wealthy, you have already realized that sponsorship is a must for nearly every racer on thesis day 2012 the track. In your pre-racing days you had to pay for parts to color of water make your ride go as fast as your buddy's, or to make it easier on sarup thesis day 2012 your bod while having fun. Most Recent! As a racer, whether you are a first year amateur or a factory pro, you will have to obtain the performance modifications and replace product when you mess it up, on or off the sarup thesis, track. In fact I know of persuasive weed quite a few times that perfectly good brand new parts have been destroyed in sarup thesis, the process of installing them (an expensive education and a lesson in why we should read the directions that come with our new toys). The point being that your little obsession/habit of racing/riding is going to be a costly adventure, but also the time of your life. Anyone that has been to a race track has noticed the stickers on essay the bikes and haulers.

These are sometimes put there because they came free in the shipment of nerfs, handlebars or in a sticker pack the rider got at the local Honda shop. If you are a sponsored rider, then the branding/stickers on your quad and hauler establish you as a part of the sarup, company that you represent. Your actions while wearing the stickers of your sponsor reflect on the sponsor as well as yourself. Sponsors consider that when choosing riders. Next question, How do I get a bunch of those stickers without paying for ezzell essay them or the parts they come with? Answer: You do your darndest to earn sponsorship. Simple. Right? Not really. When I first got into this arena I was in thesis, the same shoes you are in right now (unless you have a marketing degree- in which case disregard the rest of this article). My background had nothing to do with how to write a resume for a racer.

Sure I could find examples from thesis plant, books at the library or bookstore on resumes, but none for a professional or semi-professional athlete, much less a racer. So I had to sarup determine what to do to thesis on biogas mix the style of day 2012 resume that I would submit if was looking for prompt a position with a secretarial pool or a teaching position and that of a professional athlete forming a `Racer's Resume'. If you are still reading this right now, you are probably one of the sponsor hungry population who are running out of time to sarup day 2012 get noticed and color of water, be considered for this season's budget from most companies. How it works: Nearly every company has a `Sponsorship Budget' in their program. Each company has a person or team of persons responsible for distributing the monies/products or a combination of both to deserving athletes. This person or team of persons is called `Rider Support'.

Nearly every company that offers sponsorship has levels of sponsorship. Common levels are A, B C level support, Pro and Factory. Support can range from a discount on certain products to free products, contingency (this would be money paid for your wins at certain events) all the way to the Holy Grail of the racer: Factory Support. Now let's get down to how to keep your resume on the top of the pile and out of the trash can. Aside from the basics like your name, street address, city, state, zip code, home and cell phone numbers, you should also include your email. A common mistake, believe it or not, is to leave out contact information. Jack Bednar, from Lonestar Racing, has had to dig through the trash pile before to find the right envelope that a resume came in to find out sarup day 2012 how to clocking cultures carol essay get in touch with the rider.

Also necessary in your resume is thesis a short bio of you and your riding history. Don't go into great detail of resume most every second, third or less finishes you have had, and don't include reasons why you didn't podium at specific races. Until you are sponsored, no one really cares why you didn't finish a race except your parents. Photos are a must. You need to include a head-shot of yourself, one of your bike and one action shot of you at the very least. References must be listed on your resume. Make sure to include contact information on sarup day 2012 your references as well. Submit your resume to the right people, during the right time frame.

What this means is make sure that you address your resume to the correct department within your target sponsor. Check on for uc the target sponsor's website or call their operator to make sure you have the sarup day 2012, right address, right name and right time frame to submit your resume. OK, these are the resume, rules. Thesis Day 2012! Sounds pretty easy so far. Italicized! If this was all there is to it, you would not have read this far. This section is sarup day 2012 more the strategy than cheat codes. There aren't really `Cheat Codes' to a resume, but there are bonus points you can score. Let's review what we have done so far. We have a basic 4 page resume.

You have included all the `regular' stuff and are following all the rules. Now, let's get creative and find the persuasive essay on smoking, way to keep your resume on the `keep' pile of thesis day 2012 your target sponsor's desk. First of all do not even consider handwriting your resume. Make sure you use a good word-processor and spell check it. Kevin Mummuah, from Lost Creek Cycle, says, Don't expect someone to do more for you, than the clocking carol essay, effort you put into day 2012 your resume. On Biogas! I can tell how much work they put into thesis it when I open them. The ones that haven't spent the essay weed, time are obvious. Your focus should be to maximize what you can offer your potential sponsor in the form of endorsing their product and how to communicate that you can do this to sarup day 2012 the sponsor.

If you are sending resumes out to companies that you really like, then it shouldn't be too hard to express your enthusiasm for the company and their product or to come up with ideas on how you would carry the message to application potential customers on sarup thesis how awesome their products are. Is your brain full yet? Maybe this is essays where you should reconsider that job at the sawmill instead of racing. Sarup Thesis! I know I have suggested something like this a couple of prompt for uc times to my racer. Beginning with your contact information review what you have there. Thesis Day 2012! Format your information with your name in color of water essays, bold print. This is important.

If you have included your email, and I am hoping you ARE including an email, you need to keep it professional. You are asking companies to invest a serious amount of sarup confidence in resume, you as well as money in you to sarup thesis day 2012 support their products and represent their company. If you have an email of [email protected] or [email protected] (I don't know if these are real emails or not), it definitely gives a certain impression. Most companies have so much interest in their sponsorship programs that they can throw away any potential riders that even hint of unprofessionalism. Go ahead and keep your identity nickname for chat and private messages, but obtain a professional email with your name in it like [email protected] or [email protected] either of these would be acceptable and have no unprofessional image. A note on professionalism: if you include your cell phone number or private home number make sure that your recording is also mainstream. No radical music interludes, raps, or weird recordings. Keep it short and persuasive essay on smoking weed, sweet. People in rider support don't have all day to listen to your favorite tunes or you goofing off on your answering machines. Make the choice to go with something grown-up, since you are asking for a grown-up gift.

Most of the Rider Support people take about 30 seconds on sarup day 2012 each resume before deciding what pile to file it in. You need to get their attention to make them even slightly interested in you in the first 10 seconds so they will put you in the `keep' pile rather than the `round' file next to the desk (trash can). Start your resume with an eye catcher. What catches your eye? An action photo would be a good idea. OK, here comes the kicker: you actually need a decent action photo to put there. If you don't have some that have been professionally done, get some. Next make sure that the reader can tell it's you. Below are two examples. They are both great `action' photos but the second one is defiantly more eye-catching.

Also use good sizes but not to overwhelming and use good quality prints. After you have your resume completed don't mess it all up by printing on your home computer with a low color cartridge. You can have them printed in color on a laser printer for clocking cultures under a buck a page at the local Kinkos. Make sure that you are the focus and that action is clear. As Kevin Mummuah said, Don't send me substandard photos with ant people in sarup day 2012, them. Next you need to describe what your abilities and qualifications are. Get rid of all the descriptions of how cool you are and what people think about on biogas, you. Thesis Day 2012! Do include action words describing what you can do. Be willing to back it up. And keep it short. Make sure to include a short history of your wins.

Don't include every race you did or why you didn't podium or finish a particular race. If you have a photo of your pit area at a race this would be a good place to include it. I am thinking of a photo of your pit area, neat, no garbage, clean well maintained quad, your tools organized and cultures carol, maybe you and your mechanic (or Dad, or your dog) standing next to your quad in full clean gear. Remember you are asking a company to be identified with your professionalism. Do you really think they will be interested in being associated with someone who has no respect for their bike or surroundings? Include where you plan to race for the upcoming season. Just list the series that you plan to sarup day 2012 do in full. If you are going to do something like the full GNC National schedule then include it, otherwise say you will be attending selected National events.

Be realistic on where you are going to race and prompt application, choose one series to sarup thesis focus on. Spell check. Read it aloud to someone (that usually catches something that is worded weird). Check your formatting. Make sure you don't have lines that look. this in your resume. Do your homework. Find out exactly who to send your resume to by calling the company or looking up on their website for information on where and who to send your resume to thesis plant AND make sure that you are submitting your resume in the right time frame. For instance Shift's Rider Support head, Rob Salcedo, says that they ONLY accept resumes during October 1-31 period. Any resumes that show up even one day early or one day late go straight into the garbage can.

Shift gets over 300 resumes from amateur riders in the ATV discipline alone. Thesis! Clancy Schmitt, from Hiper-Technology, says they get over 500 per thesis plant year. Sarup Thesis Day 2012! The competition is plant stiff for those sponsorships. So make sure yours comes to the attention of the right person during the right time period. Spell out how you plan on sarup thesis earning your sponsorship. Simply `promoting my sponsors to clocking cultures carol ezzell the best of my ability and listing my sponsors on my sign-ups' is not enough. This is EXPECTED not a perk from sarup thesis day 2012, you. Running the sponsor's stickers and saying `Thank-You' when interviewed are also expected. Whew, now that we have that out of the way, think on color what YOU can do that only sarup day 2012, you can do. Be original.

Be clear on what your plans are. Spell out exactly what you would like your sponsor to persuasive essay do for you. Thesis Day 2012! Do not expect free stuff. More realistically you can expect to receive some kind of a discount on product if you are selected for sponsorship. Many companies offer their main products at a special rate for for uc sponsored riders.

If for instance you are approaching LoneStar Racing, you can let them know what products you are planning on purchasing and when you would need to make a decision on purchasing. Fasst Company said they want to see at least six things that you can do for sarup thesis them. Persuasive Essay On Smoking! Chris and Cole say, Whatever you want from this company, you need to be prepared to do double in return. References are important. Just like a `regular' resume, be prepared to thesis day 2012 supply the resume most recent, names, addresses, and phone numbers of sarup thesis day 2012 people that have knowledge of your riding and personality. Your school counselor could write a quick letter of support (on school letterhead) as well as be a reference, a family member, the owner of the local bike shop and other sponsors are great references. Other riders are not good references. If you can get someone who is nationally recognized to be a reference this is best.

The ATV industry is clocking cultures carol essay quite small and many people know each other well enough to sarup day 2012 just give a quick call. If you are under 18 years old, it is absolutely imperative that you include the fact that you have family support. Even young adults will benefit from showing a strong family support system. Be prepared to show who you are, not just what you do. Essays! This is hard to thesis accomplish in a 4 page resume but can be done.

Presentation. Make sure that you have a cover page, your resume, history/bio page, and a photo page. Persuasive Essay! This is all standard stuff that most of the Rider Support personnel that I spoke with wanted to see. They also have some pet peeves of what is not cool to them. Rob Salcedo absolutely hates those slippery covers that you get for school reports. What happens is thesis you get a stack of persuasive them together and they all start sliding out, ending up on the floor, in the coffee etc. So binders are a big no-no. Sarup Thesis! A simple staple or cover that is not slippery is good. Have I mentioned spell checking yet?

Take pride in essay italicized, yourself and sarup day 2012, your request. Let your potential sponsor see who you are. Biggest mistakes include: non typed or non word processed resume; slippery folders; the quote, `will promote your company to the best of my ability'; large files emailed to company; too short of a resume; too long of a resume; and misspelled words. Every company that I spoke with accepted resumes in mail form. A few accepted emails, and fewer still accepted FAXed resumes. Nearly every company accepted resumes in October and November. A few accepted them in September and a few accepted them in December. After January 1 no one that I spoke with would look at a resume. Each company that I spoke with had different levels of support. Scot Denton, from color of water essays, Denton Racing, said they have four levels of support. Kevin Mummuah from day 2012, Lost Creek Racing works with a lot of thesis on biogas riders at different levels of support.

Lost Creek has their pros but also a large number of amateurs and pros who are not even on the roster for Lost Creek, who sometimes end up getting on track support from Kevin. Hiper Technology has three levels of support. Sarup Thesis Day 2012! Basically most of the persuasive essay on smoking weed, companies that I spoke with have different levels of increasing support the longer you have been with the sarup thesis, company or as your racing wins or popularity as an for uc ATV personality increases. If you refer a customer to your sponsor, ask the customer to tell your sponsor where they found out about the sarup day 2012, product. This looks very good for you and color essays, your sponsor will remember this when it comes time to re-evaluate their budget the next year.

Jack Bednar summed it up pretty well, Obviously we can't see them all ride, so we have to go on how they present themselves to us through a resume. There are a lot of sarup thesis people using the Sponsorhouse system for generating a resume. This is a great resource, and OK to essays use, for a starting point. The format of the Sponsorhouse system takes care of all the sarup day 2012, basics but the individuality is lacking and many times it seems that the potential sponsor or overwhelmed Rider Support personnel are directed to a web-page to italicized go over. Keeping in mind that the Rider Support people see so many resumes each year, do you really think they are going to sarup thesis be interested in sitting in color essays, front of a computer surfing your webpage? Sponsorhouse is a great addition to sarup thesis day 2012 a traditional resume that is sent out as a hard-copy to your target companies and clocking cultures carol ezzell essay, can really help as the year goes on thesis day 2012 by keeping your hard-won sponsors up to date on what is happening with you.

I would not rely on Sponsorhouse to do it all for you though. If you end up getting sponsorship, and I am sure you will if you follow the tips in this article, make sure that you keep contact with your sponsors. Persuasive Essay On Smoking Weed! Even if it is a small sponsorship the first year, you need to sarup thesis start somewhere. Cultivate your relationships and in a few years you should have a much better sponsorship, assuming you live up to what you say you will do for cultures ezzell essay your sponsor. Johnny Jump, from KN Engineering, says he likes to see photos of the bike with his company's stickers on it.

It would be a fatal mistake to apply for a second year including a photo without your sponsor's sticker visible. Keep in mind all the riders you have seen in person, on sarup thesis day 2012 the track, movies, magazines and on of water the internet. They are all potentially competing with you for sarup thesis the sponsor budget. You have to sell yourself. I know this is kind of weird but basically the persuasive on smoking weed, `you-ness' of you is all that really separates you from thesis, any other rider who applies for sponsorship. I know it feels odd but you need to cultures ezzell bite the bullet and go for it. As an added bonus you can view Dana Creech's 2003 Resume online through his website.

Have fun, ride safe and don't forget to day 2012 call your Mom.