Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Enter title resume

Enter title resume

Oct/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Resume title? | Yahoo Answers

Enter title resume

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -
Entry Level Resume Examples and Writing Tips

beowulf eulogy essay Author: Patrick Thrasher. Institution: Swarthmore College '01. Though both considered heroes, Beowulf and Sir Gawain are drastically different characters in personality, ability, and enter title, perspective. Syllabus! The similarities are few: each performs deeds for which they gain fame and honor, and each is seen, in their own respects, as a paragon of enter, virtue. Two factors immediately stand out as fundamental differences between the texts: Beowulf and Sir Gawain and the Green Knight suggest fundamentally disparate views of religion and of courtly manners. Superficially, Beowulf displays a distinct lack of brenner thesis, either in any but the most rudimentary way, while Sir Gawain is completely permeated with both. These differences in the contextual worlds of the heroes shape and propel them in enter, often wildly different directions.

Beginning from these superficial differences in Beowulf and Sir Gawain's respective worlds and then analyzing how these two champions (and others) function in their contextual spheres, one can uncover the deeper structures of their social orders, who actually holds power (and narrative power) in them, and, perhaps, something about the values the dissertation online, cultures that produced these two works held. Sir Gawain and enter, the Green Knight describes a well ordered Medieval Christian world. Christianity guides the kant on history, actions of a hero's soul, courtly love those of his heart &emdash; the most noble knights known under Christ sat around King Arthur's round-table (Part I-line 51). Sir Gawain as a character is the perfect cog in this system, that #91;knight#93; of resume, courage ever-constant, and customs pure,/ Is pattern and paragon, and praised without end:/ Of all knights on earth most honored is he (II-912-15)#91;1#93;. He is devout &emdash; he emblazoned the image of Mary on the inside of his shield &emdash; and chivalrous &emdash; his wheedling out of online, either affronting Lady Bercilak or betraying the trust of her Lord whilst in their company is a truly virtuoso chivalric performance.

Sir Gawain's world is an edifice built of (perhaps arbitrary) religious and chivalric codes that constrain, define and bolster its inhabitants, and Sir Gawain is its golden child. Gawain is brave, for example, not because courage is intrinsically good and enter title, thus he, as a good knight possesses it, but rather because he puts his faith in God, whom naturally no Christian can second guess. Thus, as he rides to photosynthesis near certain death at the hands of the Green Knight, Gawain proclaims, I shall not give way to title weeping;/ God's will be done, amen!/ I commend me to His keeping (IV-2157); when he begins his quest, had he not borne himself bravely, and been on God's side,/ He had met with many mishaps and mortal harms (II-724-5). God will preserve his soul. On History! Sir Gawain's chivalry is by title resume the book, as well; after sparring verbally all morning with the as-yet-unnamed Lady Bercilak in a manner worthy of Andrew the Chaplain himself, she trumps him, forcing him to give her a kiss, declaring: But our guest is simon essay not Gawain &emdash; forgot is that thought. So good a knight as Gawain is title resume given out to be, And the model of fair demeanor and in thesis, manners pure, Had he lain so long at a lady's side. Would have claimed a kiss, by his courtesy, Through some touch or trick of phrase at some tale's end #91;III-1293-1301#93;. She, knowing Sir Gawain would never be un-courtly to a lady, plays his own ethics against him to obtain her desire. Beowulf describes a world not of resume, Christian harmony and logos but rather of barely restrained chaos, in which life is at best somewhat futile and at worst totally meaningless. Brenner Thesis! Religion and courtly manners have not become as elaborate, and title, are generally more fluid. Beowulf is judged a hero, then, against different criteria.

His deeds are valiant because they bring him reputation and glory: among his very first words to Hrothgar upon his arrival Beowulf proclaims, the days/ Of my youth have been filled with glory (Beowulf chapter VI-line 408); several lines later he explains that. the monster's scorn of simon essay, men. Is so great that he needs no weapons and fears none. Nor will I. My lord Higlac. Might think less of enter, me if I let my sword. Go where my feet were afraid to. Syllabus In Thesis! . God must decide. Who will be given to death's cold grip #91;VI-434-441#93;.#91;2#93; King Higlac's opinion of Beowulf is of great value to Beowulf, the former being a man of greatness as well. Beowulf does attribute to God the resume, ultimate power of decision; unlike Sir Gawain, he does not put his trust in God, however &emdash; he merely acknowledges that some force (sometimes God, sometimes fate) has the decisive say. The intricate moral and religious framework in which Sir Gawain so righteously performs either does not exist in Beowulf's world, or is of such little consequence that the narrator can refrain from describing Beowulf in terms of essay on history, it. Beowulf's deeds are judged by others solely in how they benefit mankind at large, and how they strengthen society. The importance of Beowulf's youthful excesses lies not in enter, the bravery and strength required to kant essay on history perform them but in how, after his swimming contest, sailors could cross/ That sea-road and feel no fear; nothing/ would stop their passing ( Beowulf IX 537).

After his death, the unnamed messenger delivering Beowulf's eulogy to the court praises him, the best of kings, Beowulf &emdash; He who held our enemies away, Kept land and treasure intact, who saved. Hrothgar and the Danes - he who lived. Title Resume! All his long life bravely #91;XXXXI 3003-8#93;. Beowulf is a heroic, virtuous man because he kept did what others could not to preserve both his and his allies ways of life. Beowulf and Sir Gawain thus need markedly different societies in which to be known as heroic. Beowulf needs some social network, an kant essay on history amalgamation of receptive and judging individuals who support and disseminate his reputation as a hero, for him to be a hero in actuality. Sir Gawain, while needing a society to perform in and that has criteria against which he can be assessed does not need the people within it: in title, the Christian world of Gawain salvation rests solely on the individual. Under the surveillance an omniscient God, only the actions as they are performed by the individual, not as they affect others, are of value. That a hero is revered by his neighbors and friends is coincidental: a true knight acts not for the praise of men but for the salvation only God can bestow. A man's Goodness, then, is not awarded him by his peers; while performing socially responsible acts may be necessary to be Good, God bestows the epithet, not other men, and thus society is of little use to a Good man except as an arena in which to homework explanation prove his worth. #91;3#93; Governing structures seem so important in the world of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight that the Green Knight must create other, smaller ones in which to humble the most virtuous Gawain.

All games have at least one necessary (if not sufficient) element: rules and regulations which the participants must obey (or by which they must forfeit something if they disregard). These precepts must be viewed as objective, if not by some outside arbitrator then by the participants. Thus, two games figure prominently into the adventure of Sir Gawain: the Christmas game ( Gawain I-283), which the Green Knight proposes with its rules &emdash; I shall stand him a stroke, steady on this floor. the enter resume, Green Knight explains, In a twelvemonth and a day/ He shall have of me the dissertation read, same;. Who dares take up the game (I-294-300); and the game (II-1111) the mischievous host Lord Bercilak proposes to Sir Gawain the enter resume, night of Gawain's arrival, according to which the Lord and photosynthesis, Sir Gawain will exchange all they won during the course of the day. Title! Like God in dissertation read, Christianity and (perhaps idealistically) the Lady Pursued in chivalry, Lord Bercilak &emdash; or his backers &emdash; creates the substructure in which Sir Gawain will act and by enter title whose marks he will be judged. Bercilak presumably intended to teach Gawain (and Arthur's court) some sort of lesson, and he could never simply scold him into reforming (Gawain's record, is, after all, spotless).

Nor could he simply force him into acting against simon essay, the tenets of those structures which have so rewarded and exalted him: Gawain would rather die first. Enter Title Resume! Therefore, Bercilak must create a new edifice (the Christmas game) into brenner thesis, which he invites Gawain, who then commits to enter resume its set of dissertation online, rules. Having lured Gawain into enter resume, this game and simon essay, later the exchange game &emdash; which, unbeknownst to Gawain is enter title a sub-game, rather than a completely unrelated one &emdash; Bercilak uses Gawain's unflinching dedication to his agreements #91;4#93; (ie - to participate according to the rules in brenner thesis, Bercilak's games) to enter resume coerce Gawain to actions that conflict with his (social structure inspired) principles. In such a prescriptive society, trickery seems the best method of trying and reproaching someone's supposed heroism. In the Anglo-Saxon halls of Beowulf , however, a challenger need do far less to show up another. Simon Essay! In chapter 8 (500-529), for example, Unferth rants against title resume, the deeds of help photosynthesis, Beowulf, claiming not only that Beowulf's swimming/monster-slaying match with his childhood friend Brecca was foolhardy (which few would doubt) but also that Brecca bested Beowulf &emdash; an assertion that Unferth in no way supports (through naming eye-witnesses, etc). Beowulf agrees that his deeds were reckless (We were both too young to know better - 536); he refutes Unferth's declaration of Brecca's victory, however, by recounting what (may or may not have) actually happened. Nor does Beowulf sustain his contention through any sort of solid evidence (though presumably one of his countrymen mingling nearby could have vouched for him): he instead attacks Unferth's reputation without support, though Unferth's repugnant acts seem well known to those present.

Beowulf can rebuke Unferth on his own, upon title, the strength of his noble birth (none but the Geats know more than his lineage at this point), and without the aid of artificial structures. In Thesis Writing! The crucial difference between Beowulf and Sir Gawain, then, lies in their respective narrative strength and narrative necessity. Resume! An author creates a text, but in a classically structured story, the protagonist propels the narrative throughout. Simon Essay! The protagonist has enormous power within his diegetic world. Fate or God put Sir Gawain into his society, and he excels in it (it seems). His excellence as a knight and a hero, however, is derived solely from his ability to act according to its principles &emdash; he simply obeys the enter resume, rules more closely than most others. Never once does he willfully and knowingly stretch or bend the social framework of the online best, diegetic world in which he acts and excels. Enter Title! Nor does he ever add to or remove from it any crucial tenet; rather it decrees upon him his status and honor. If Sir Gawain were to die, the world he lives in would continue as it did before his birth and online, during his ensoulment.

But Beowulf's world is inconceivable without Beowulf. He had provided half a century of stability and well-being to title his people, he proclaims with his parting breaths: I've worn this crown. For fifty winters: no neighboring people. On History! Have tried to resume threaten the Geats, sent soldiers. Against us or talked of terror. My days. Have gone by mfa creative writing online best as fate willed, waiting. For its word to be spoken, ruling as well. As I knew how, swearing no unholy oaths, Seeking no lying wars. I can leave.

This life happy. Title Resume! #91;XXXVII 2732-40#93; Beowulf dies happy knowing that he ruled well and dissertation online, protected his people: when he dies by the dragon (and by those who forsook him), his death signals an end of a way of life. More crucially, however, Beowulf's death and the resulting end of enter, society as it had once existed threatens the medium the homework photosynthesis explanation, propagation of his fame required. Reputation is enter title resume sufficient to garner Beowulf respect and to syllabus in thesis writing make him heroic. The reputation associated with the heroic rank is composed of two elements: deeds, and others who hear and recount and judge those deeds. Sir Gawain can control only the former; the judgement is left to God and the occasional Pursued Lady.

Beowulf, through those same deeds for which he is renowned, creates and succors the very means by which he can be a hero: by preserving society, he preserves the enter, lives of the people required to pass on his fame. Dissertation Online! In a curiously self-referential moment, Wiglaf calls to the mortally wounded Beowulf: Beloved Beowulf, remember how you boasted, Once, that nothing in the world would ever. Destroy your fame: fight to keep it, Now, be strong, and brave, my noble. King, protecting life and fame. Together. #91;XXXVI 2663-68#93; If Beowulf dies, the very ability to have a narrative about him dies too . Interestingly, the only character in enter title resume, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight who has control over the narrative in any way like Beowulf's is Lord Bercilak (or perhaps the dissertation read, true master puppeteer, Morgan la Fey). Bercilak, through his production of enter, sub-structural games that ensnare Sir Gawain, demonstrates an ability (in modern parlance) to think outside the box: he can shunt Gawain out of the larger social structure into his own and in the process turn him around so far that Gawain runs headfirst into his own ethics. Bercilak can reveal and manipulate the social framework of codes, but the framework does not depend on his existence: Beowulf is a foundation for his society, without which it will probably crumble. Another, secondary discrepancy between the heroism of simon essay, Sir Gawain and enter title resume, the Green Knight and that in Beowulf involves leadership: in Beowulf , heroes lead men.

Hrothgar's ancestry bulges with leaders; his father, Healfdane, was a fierce fighter/ Who led the Danes to the end of his long/ Life. (I 57-8). Hrothgar himself, taking the throne, led. Simon Essay! The Danes to such glory that comrades and kinsmen. Swore by his sword, and young men swelled. Title! His armies, and he thought of photosynthesis, greatness. #91;I 64-7#93;. To achieve true greatness in enter, this realm a soldier must inspire respect and must lead his men to syllabus in thesis victory. Sir Gawain inspires awe through his abilities, his virtue, and his deeds, but never the same respect as a leader of men. Nor could he, I think: the only one at Sir Arthur's fete to enter resume step forward to accept the Green Knight's challenge is Arthur himself. Brenner Thesis! Sir Gawain volunteers claiming that this folly befits not a king, and yet, one cannot help but feel he is motivated by the fear of Arthur's possible death: he gives as a reason for his undertaking this task that the loss of #91;his#93; life would be least of any ( Gawain I 358 and 355, respectively).

Beowulf, on title, the other hand, seems to be bestowed with powers above those of the brenner thesis, usual rulers of his time: his insight into the inevitable demise of enter title resume, Hrothgar's kingdom in chapters 28 and dissertation read online, 29 reveals a fatalistic understanding of the inadequacies of resume, those few social practices his culture uses. Beowulf and Sir Gawain are such vastly different heroes that the homework photosynthesis explanation, term collapses into a concept totally dependent on its social context. The criteria upon which they are each judged a hero have at best a tenuous resemblance to enter each other: in Sir Gawain's world those who obey the religious and social codes (including chivalric ones) of his realm can be titled a hero, while in Beowulf those who actually create and support society itself are heroic. Gawain seems to have little motivation aside from the proddings of the morays of his culture; the dissertation, preservation of his culture propels Beowulf. Not entirely altruistic, the continuation of Beowulf's legacy depends upon enter title, the preservation of people to dissertation online circulate it, and thus Beowulf has almost supreme importance to his own narrative: when he dies, a very real chance exists that his people and hence the resume, possibility of brenner thesis, his continued existence after death will perish with him. Title! These differences, I think, reflect the enormous shift in perspective that Christianity brought to Northern Europe.

In traditional Norse mythology, brave warriors who die in battle proceed to brenner thesis an afterlife in resume, Valhalla, awaiting the simon essay, final call to arms, Ragnarrok. The retelling of enter, one's deeds among those still living constituted another, vital form of life after death, and thus even a quest for personal glory ultimately led to acts which perpetuated and served society. Ragnarrok was a singularity even the gods could not avoid: the final, ultimate triumph of entropy. Any act that helped stave off that triumph was heroic, and mfa creative online best, thus those who organized and strengthened their society, ie, the kings and chieftains, were worthy of high honor. But Christianity, with its notion of an enter resume omnipotent, ultimately benevolent Deity changed these tribes' cosmic perception: an over-arching order to dissertation the cosmos now existed, created eternal by an eternal being, above any piddling systems men could create. This apocalyptic safety net thus removed the burden of enter title, fending off the e'er encroaching entropy, and provided a set of new, absolute criteria for virtue and heroism. 1: If read as satirical, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight takes on a new flavor.

The descriptions remain the same, however; only the author's intention changes. All Gawain citations are from Sir Gawain and the Green Knight , translated by brenner thesis Marie Borroff, 1967 by enter resume W.W. Norton and Company, Inc, New York and London. #91;back#93; 2: All Beowulf quotes are taken from Beowulf , translated by Burton Raffel, 1963 by Burton Raffel, published by Penguin Books, USA. #91;back#93; 3: This explains why the (presumed and unrecounted - Gawain II-705-735) deeds of Sir Gawain and Beowulf appear similar but feel so different &emdash; to mfa creative writing best an non-omniscient objective viewer, a man acting charitably out of compassion for other people and a man acting charitably because God will save his (individual) soul appear to enter title be performing the same deeds.#91;back#93; 4: A tenet supplied by his chivalric code.#91;back#93;

Custom Essay Writing Service -
How to Write an Effective Resume Title | Monster com

IELTS Essay Introduction for an Opinion Essay. This lesson looks at resume how to write an IELTS essay introduction for an opinion essay. Mfa Creative Online! The introduction is the easiest part of enter, any IELTS essay as it follows a similar content for all IELTS task 2 types. This lesson is a follow-on lesson from last week. Learn how to find main points before continuing with this introduction lesson: Finding Main Points for an Opinion Essay: Every one of us should become a vegetarian because eating meat can cause serious health problems.

To what extent do you agree or disagree? How to homework help write an IELTS essay introduction. Write one statement paraphrasing the information given. This will be your background statement. Make sure you paraphrase the information exactly and don’t include any irrelevant or extra information in it.

When you paraphrase, make sure you are using words that you are confident with. It is good to paraphrase but you will reduce your band score if you have too many errors. Introduce your answer in the thesis statement. The thesis statement follows the title resume background statement. Online Best! It should contain your answer, your main points. Don’t write more than 50 words for your introduction.

Model Introduction. Eating meat is considered by some to damage our health and for that reason they believe all people should adopt a vegetarian diet. In my opinion, although a vegetarian diet is certainly a healthy option, having a balanced diet, which contains vegetables and some healthy meat, is the key. cause serious health problems = damage our health become a vegetarian = adopt a vegetarian diet. Next lesson, we will look at how to write the enter body paragraphs for this essay. You said that it’s okay to keep some word as it is since it already a scientific word or either if you unsure about the perfect substitution of the word. My question is, do you have any maximum of the word that you keep for homework photosynthesis, paraphrasing? For example like this: Artist need a certain amount of freedom to resume develop their creativity. Some people think that artist should have total freedom to express any thoughts and ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

I think I can keep the word “artist” and “creativity”. But I doubt about “freedom”, I might use its explanation but somehow freedom seems to be a perfect word to read online be keep as well. Also, how far I need to find synonym for enter title, “people”? Or just let it be. Tomorrow I will put up and exercise on this website about your question and homework help photosynthesis explanation, the day after I will show you a model and explain. All the people in the world should be an omnivores as in enter resume taking non vegetarian fodd damages our health.

I agree that, eating a vegetarian diet is healthy.However, having a balanced diet including vegetables, fruits and some healthy meat is the best. Regarding to kant essay on history the debate on title, dietary topic, there are more and more people opting for vegetarian diet because of mfa creative writing best, health issues, spiritual belief or environmental awareness. While it is true that a meat-free diet can contribute to the betterment of a certain number of enter title, people, I do not think that everyone should follow this trend. According to the perception of some people meat is harmful for human health thus vegetables should be the diet solely. However in my opinion I disagree that to in thesis have some meat in lunch can be considered dangerous. I also believe vegetables are essential for balanced diet. hi liz could you please check my introduction and please tell me is it a good one or not. Imposing a vegetarian diet on enter resume, people cannot be tolerated, even though it can cause serious health problems.However, one could not say vegans are free from any life style diseases as most illnesses have historic routes. Moreover, there are shreds of writing, examples that vegetarians are more prone to nutritional deficiency diseases, due to the lack of nutrients that they get from enter title resume non-vegetarian foods.

Therefore, I completely disagree to this view and opine that a combined diet is vital for the health of an individual. Could you please review my introduction. Some people believe that eating meat could affect badly our health. Writing! Therefore, people should focus on enter title, eating vegetable solely. In my opinion, I disagree that having a reasonable amount of meat in daily food could harm the body. However, I also believe that eating vegetables is key to have a healthy life. People must have balance diet,which include vegetable ,fruits ,meat ,dry fruits etc.it helps in maintaining health. Hello,, can you please evaluate my introduction . a detailed comment could help me alot.

Eating meat might be the main reason of a major health issues and disease, therefore, some people think that everyone have to become a vegetarian. Dissertation Read! In my opinion, i disagree that eating meat could be a reason for health damage. Thanks in enter title resume advance. You didn’t give your opinion on whether you think everyone should become vegetarian. Dissertation! You must address the task – this means answer the title whole question. Diet is essential part of our daily routines. Dissertation! Some people suggest that we all should avoid eating meat and perfer to become vegetarian because veg diet always keep us healthy and resume, keep away from health diseases. I believe that vegetarian food have more nutrients, vitamins and diseases free such as heart attcaks, diabetes instead of simon essay, non vegetarian.

Check my intro. Enter Resume! And give suggestions. Definitely review your vocabulary and spelling. kindly help check my introduction. Thanks.

Vegetarians are people which do not eat animal flesh and, or products. Some people believe that meat is related to serious health problems, thus, instigating their decision to become vegetarians. I strongly disagree that everybody should become vegetarians. Although red meat can be detrimental to health, it can be consumed moderately or substituted with white meat like chicken and online, mutton. Did you watch my video on this page which explains that you don’t need a hook. Your first sentence is not needed. The examiner knows the enter title resume meaning of the word “vegetarian”. Cut your first sentence and you have a good intro. I only came across your site a couple of days ago, and mfa creative writing, I wish it was sooner. My exam will be this coming 4th March and I am extremely nervous. In spite of all the preparation I have done, I still do not feel confident enough to ace the enter title test.

I tried every way that I can think of to pass this exam, perhaps the effort was not good enough, perhaps my method is insufficient. Syllabus! I just want to make it, I seek online/personal tutor, never ending IELTS reference books was read, and practice test done. I am keeping myself on enter title, the positive side, but this exam truly challenge my sanity. So true is sad that it will come to read that extent, that I doubt myself on failure to this. There has to enter title resume be a way, formula to make it easy. Thereby coming across your site was a blessing, and you make every lessons comprehensible and interactive. With that, every credit should all be yours. Brenner Thesis! Learning English has been tough journey for me, indeed and to enter resume be honest, together with other examinees who have tried this exam many times, it can be frustrating. Anyway, enough of the ranting and let us get back into real business. Simon Essay! I wrote a sample introduction here, and title resume, please let me know what you think.

It is brenner thesis believed that most people should adopt a vegetarian diet because meat consumption causes a detrimental effect on enter, our health. In my opinion, not only help explanation eating vegetables is title beneficial to brenner thesis our body, it also promotes less damage to resume other living organisms. * I am not sure if I used the correct conversion for syllabus writing, this thesis statement. Your background statement is fine. Your opinion presents a clear position but you don’t actually state if you agree that eating meat is damaging to our health. What is title resume your opinion of that? Make sure your opinion covers all aspects of the question and issue. See my main page for writing task 2: http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-task-2/. All main pages can be accessed through the red bar at the top of my website. If you need more help with writing task 2, think of purchasing one of brenner thesis, my advanced lessons: http://subscriptions.viddler.com/IELTSLizStore.

You’ve got almost a week before your test – you can learn a lot in that time. Hi, Liz. Title! I’ve been following your site mainly because it is the best teaching site for IELTS I’ve came across, so far. I think you know that by read online now. #128578; Anyway, just want to ask you this: I understand that it is important for us to enter give our opinion in the introduction, but we would repeat the read same message in enter title resume the conclusion part. Wouldn’t that be redundant? If you have to write an writing online best opinion essay, you introduce your opinion, explain it in the body paragraphs and enter, conclude / restate it again in the conclusion. This is the structure of an agree / disagree essay. See this page: http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-task-2/

Hey Liz I’ve been following your website for syllabus, quite a long it’s very helpful. My question is that can we write our opinion on the new line after paraphrasing the question…? The background statement and thesis statement are in title resume the same paragraph. Watch the video on this page to learn: http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-writing-task-2/ Hey Liz, i’ve been following your website for quite sometime now. Can you check the introduction I made about this topic? thanks. All of us are required to be vegetarians due to the reason that consuming meat products might result to homework help photosynthesis explanation life-threatening health conflicts. in enter title my opinion, I agree that vegetables should have more proportions in our meals but I believe that we also need meat for a balanced diet. Your background statement should not express a fact in this case, it should express “other people’s views”. so i missed putting the word “some people believe”?

That’s right. You are not presenting a fact in this case. How can I know that this essay is a Balanced Opinion or One-sided Opinion … do i decide something like that or he will tell me to do it with a certain way? please clarify this point as on best, your 1 hour OPINION essay writing task 2 video I purchased you didn’t mention how can we figure out that? This is a balanced view.

If it was one sides, we would agree that being vegetarian is the ONLY way. A one sided essays agrees 100% and does not add any other information or specific view point. Thanks for title, your great help, What if i agree to the statement, and dissertation online, consider vegetarian diet the title resume healthiest. Furthermore,

If i wont to mfa creative writing online add another opinion like talking about resume another unhealthy food that should be avoided. As long as you present a clear opinion and support it, then it’s fine. topic :- Prevention is better then cure….. first of all , Prevantion is that for example, the Prevention means ” Stop The Process or Work. the Cure means ” Solving The Problem”. Prevention when occur then, we create the problem and essay on history, hoe to stop that problem is called Prevention. i think prevention is necessary at this time, Because we think about prevention that means because the time for process and decrease the money cost behind expenses behind work. Preventioon before the problem occur that means we always aggresive in work, in future any type of work we always have solution behind the process. Cure Means according to my thought “Medicine”.

If we have a medicine then we can easily frfee from problem. it happens in future then also. Prevention Cure both are little bit same but if we think Prevention before any kind of work that means we were always in safe side, but when we dnt think about prevention but not only dependent on title, cure that means we have no option because of simon essay, we applied about cure only. Cure is also good but lots of type of cure like ‘medicine’,’physical’,’financial’,’friendly’. in that condition we always cover for us with cure. One more important used cure at this time is “Life Insurance” Policy. it’s always cure about your futurre as well as your family. if we take an insurance that means we protect the own family. Insurance is fully protect the family from any human being problems like.

accident, death causes, etc. Prevention is i think always beteter then cure. In my point of view , i conclude that Prevention is always save the enter title time money in future. Liz, would you mind taking a look at this conclusion: All people must practise being a vegan because detrimental health conditions related to health result to eating meat products. In my opinion, I agree that eating vegetables may significantly improve health. However, I also believe that intake of meat is also essential to syllabus in thesis our overall nutritional condition.

You don’t need a long conclusion – it won’t help your score at all. Enter Resume! Just one sentence is kant essay on history enough (two at enter title resume most). Hi Liz – my bad. The paragraph I wrote above is for my introduction and not conclusion. Brenner Thesis! Thoughts please? #128578; Thank you. How about the title following introduction paragraph for help, above task. “We should start eating only vegetables due to the fact that taking meat in enter our food may result into major diseases. In my opinion, I do not agree with the concept of avoiding meat. However, there should be a balanced food consists of meat as well as vegetables.” Avoid using “we” in IELTS essays.

Noted with thanks. ht is simon essay considered by many that it would be beneficial for enter title resume, all of us if we opted completely for vegetables as meat intake can result in major health issues. Brenner Thesis! In my view, even though eating vegetables is considered healthy, a well balanced diet is more crucial for the well being of anyone. thank u so much for your extremely thorough explanations. I have given a go at the introduction for enter, above mentioned topic. I would be grateful if u could comment on my effort. Looking forward to your reply. Hlo Liz , will you plz tell me we can mention words like in my opinion or I am agree or disagree in task 2 essays.

Goodevening Mrs Liz, Thanks for brenner thesis, your wonderful website. I really appreciate what you have done for us. While studying writing Task2 introduction with the title model introduction you wrote page-up I found missing commas -but I am not sure in in thesis writing the first setence of title resume, it ” Eating meat is considered by some to simon essay damage out health (,)and for that reason(,) they believe …” Honestly, I am still not sure where commas are used in sentences. Enter Title! However, can you answer my question I asked earlier? hmmm…..I find it very difficult in writing essays ……plz Auntie Liz …help me ..how do I write …I have a paper on january. If I didn’t use this layout in my exam introduction will it affect my score?and if yes for which criterion? any positive criticism please, apart from typos ? some people believe that every person in writing the commumity ought to eat vegetables to avoid devastating health issues,which could be caused by enter eating meat.In my opinion, i don’t agree to online this idea, for meat has vital role to play in developing people’s body and enter title, helps make a balanced diet.

can you give your idea for essay, this introduction. Food is fundamental need for every living being.If the people can feed on only vegetables, they may obtain healthy life.It is enter title generally accepted that consuming meat is one of the fact that cause dangerous diseases. In my opinion, I agree that vegetarian diet is the key to health. However, meat is in thesis required to develop the body cells in growth of human. Sorry I don’t comment on writing. Hi Liz!

I recently found out about your blog and It’s a great help for many students who are preparing for resume, their IELTS exams. I watched your video about writing introduction for brenner thesis, task 2 and tried myself writing an Introduction. So, here it is. Nowadays, many people believe that we should adopt a vegetarian diet and give up theconsumption of meat – as eating too much of meat can lead to some severe health issues. In my opinion, I think, following a vegetarian diet is title resume good for health.

However, I also believe that one should focus on having a balanced diet which include moderate amount of meat. Sorry I don’t comment on read online, writing but I’m glad to see you are practicing. Plz help me to improve ielts writing task 2. I have written this Intro is it okay. “Some people believe that meat as diet can cause major health issues, so best way to health would be to enter resume become vegitarian. In my openion, vegitarian food is definetely a healthy option. However, having balanced diet which includes both vegitables and some healthy meat, is the key. “ Sorry, I don’t comment on writing. I have booked and exam appointment for September 26, 2015 and simon essay, would like to know what to do from now till the exam date. Please watch the “How to Prepare for IELTS” video on my home page.

Then start working through information and tips pages. The review model answers. After that do practice lessons. I’ve purchased all your three video lessons for writing task 2. Enter Title Resume! They are quite useful. Thank you! And I’m just wondering when the writing video clips for enter title, another two types of brenner thesis, writing will be online? Thanks. Unfortunately, not until next Spring. If I have time, I will try and finish speaking part 2 video lesson for enter resume, next month. Hey my also 26 of september.wherevare you from.

How can i get the syllabus body paragraph of this essay?? Sorry, I don’t provide full model essays for all lessons. Hi Liz! I am posting this comment just to thank you , you’re a very good teacher! I am gonna be examinated tomorrow, I admit I haven’t studied that much during the title last days, so your website has been very helpful . I hope you’ll keep on explanation, doing this for the students’ sake #128578; All the best from Italy, Good luck tomorrow. Enter Resume! Keep your mind focused on homework help photosynthesis, the questions and remember this is about technique and enter title, English language. Let me know how your exam goes #128578; Hi liz, I have 2 questions to ask. the first one is. `can I use I deem or it is demeed to dissertation be in enter title resume order to paraphrase I think or it is considered?`

The second one is in part 0 of speaking task, when I’ll be asked `how are you?` Can I use a slang to respond, for instance by saying I got a hitch in my giddy up. Looking forward to your answer. Thanks for all the writing online best lessons. I wouldn’t use the paraphrase “I deem”, it rarely used these days. For your question about speaking, it is unlikely the examiner will ask this question because it is not part of any topic and it is not part of the ID check. But if the examiner does ask it, you must answer naturally “I’m fine” or “I’m feeling ok today, thanks”. Avoid putting unnatural idioms into your answers – it won’t increase your score and title, the example you gave above is not only inappropriate but also incorrect. How can I paraphrase the brenner thesis word “information” in this question? “Internet contains a lot of information,however,sometimes these information is inaccurate or wrong. Do you agree or disagree?

Kindly comment on my introduction paragraph: It is commonly believed that internet is a major source of information,however, some of these information is enter title considered to be incorrect. In my opinion, I strongly agree that some of the news on in thesis writing, the internet are wrong because there are no proper verification process, coupled with the enter title resume fact that information can be easily manipulated. Not all words can be paraphrased. Please watch my video about paraphrasing: http://ieltsliz.com/vocabulary/. Simon Essay! Remember that “information” is uncountable. So you need to title write “this information” not “these information”. Your introduction is paraphrased enough.

Also “news” is kant on history also uncountable. should it be necessary to paraphrase your topics that are written in your thesis statement to the body paragraph as your topic sentence? e.g model thesis statement: In my opinion, although a vegetarian diet is title resume certainly a healthy option, having a balanced diet, which contains vegetables and some healthy meat, is the key. 1st Topic sentence: — To begin with, being vegetarian is healthy. Then reasons and homework, examples.

2nd Topic sentence: — Secondly, having balanced diet is enter resume a key. Then reasons and examples. are these alright? Thanks a lot. I’ve learnt a lot of things from this website. It’s a good question.

Here’s a link to the body paragraphs for that essay question so you can see how the topic sentences should be written: http://ieltsliz.com/ielts-opinion-essay-body-paragraphs/ Can you evaluate my opinion intro. Vegetarian foods should become the brenner thesis main our choice to avoid serious health problems. that cause by eating meat. in my opinion , people needs to enter take all ( vegetarians , meat and diet ) with balanced for body growth as well. Unfortunately, there are frequent grammar mistakes which cause a problem for the reader. This means your grammar is currently around band score 5. This is simon essay only a small sample of enter, your writing but still it is clear that you need to help photosynthesis work very hard at title your grammar. I have written the introduction for above topic could you please check it and point out the kant on history weakness. Dangerous health issues could be suffered from consuming meat product therefore, every one is title recommended to change their eating habit to vegan.

In my opinion , I do not agree with the statement . People feeding only plant’s by-product could lack many nutrition which are essential for growth, as well as, vegetarians has limited choices in parties or occasion compared to non- vegetarians. This essay is about being vegetarian not about being vegan. A vegan diet is very different. The technique is dissertation read fine but there are grammar issues as well as vocabulary issues. Try to write accurately rather than trying to impress the enter reader.

Thank you liz for simon essay, comment. I’ll be more serious in grammar and vocabulary. Hi Liz check my introduction plz. One of the biggest decision that we could make in our lives, is our choices of food, adopting one kind of food whether it is vegetable or meat, it can destroy our health. in my belief, the right selection one can make to enter title maintain a perfect health, is making balance between vegetables and fresh meat. You have the brenner thesis right technique. You have a background statement which introduces the essay question and title, a thesis statement which contains your answer. Essay On History! However, you didn’t actually answer the question directly – do you think eating meat causes health problems. Resume! You must give an answer to that before you continue to give your idea of the best diet to have. Explanation! Also, you need to be more careful with your vocabulary because too many errors will reduce your score. Lastly, make sure you write about “people” rather than “we”.

Here is how you should write it: One of the biggest decisions that people must make in their lives is their choice of enter title resume, diet. Choosing a diet which contains meat is considered harmful by some people because they think it can have a serious impact on their health. In my opinion, I do not agree that eating meat causes health problems and I think that the right decision to simon essay maintain perfect health is having a balanced diet of enter, both meat and vegetables. On the whole, you are going the right way but you need to fix a couple of issues.

Thank you so much you helped a lot. I’m afraid I do not offer essay marking at present. I will however say that you’ve done quite well addressing the task, giving relevant main points and developing them. Homework Help Photosynthesis Explanation! However, there are quite a lot of grammar mistakes which will probably prevent you getting band score 8. Go through each line of resume, your essay and check the grammar. Here is a model essay for this title so you can see a band score 9 sample answer: http://www.ieltsliz.com/ielts-solution-essay-band-9-model-answer.

Hi Liz, I have drafted a response to syllabus listed question, please review and provide the response. Your valuable comments is highly recommended to title resume me. Below is the response: As many people think consuming meat will lead to serious health problems and as a precautionary measure we should switch to the vegetarian diet, this statement has sparkled a heated debate. Some argue that eating meat does not cause any health problem; however, I believe that approach for a balanced diet like vegetarian and meat will not have serious impact on the health and instead, it will provide the essential nutrition.

Excellent introduction. I see that you use a ‘although’ clause to in thesis write a balanced argument. What would you suggest if I use this in title a discuss both views an give you opinion type of essay? or it is online better to leave the opinion to the conclusion. Thanks in advance, Dex. Fantastic suggestion for the opinion paragraph. Thanks Liz. Hello Liz ,i have been following your ielts on resume, youtube and essay on history, you blog.I must confess that your lessons are the best. I am still trying to enter title resume locate your video on body paragraph for eassy 2. Kindly assist me,thanks. Hi, the next lesson for simon essay, this essay title will be next Thursday.

I aim to title release writing task 2 lessons each Thursday. Syllabus! However, it is title not a video lesson it is just the next lesson for simon essay, this essay question. If you have any urgent questions about the enter body paragraphs, just drop me a line. I will make a video on the body paragraphs but it will take time. All the best, Liz. how can i improve my writing skills i dont have much skills in vocabulary…..i have ielts exam on feb 12th. The key is to aim for the level of vocabulary suitable for the band score you want. If you are aiming for band score 6 and you have little time left before your test, then just review the main vocabulary for the common IELTS topics. Help! I have posted the enter resume main topics for task 2 on my blog so you can read them and start writing a useful word list.

To get band score 6, you need adequate vocabulary and you can have some errors (frequent errors are band score 5). Essay On History! This means, use a reasonable range of vocabulary but focus on avoiding errors. It would sensible to also focus on getting a higher score in task response and enter title, coherence and cohesion – it is photosynthesis explanation quicker to enter title improve those criteria than to improve your English language. Current IELTS exam topics and questions: Share your IELTS test results. WT1 Table 30th Sept: To be completed. IELTS Model Essays for September 2017.

IELTS Writing Questions September 2017. Answer to dissertation read online yesterday’s paraphrasing exercise 3. IELTS Writing Task 2 Paraphrasing Practice No. 3. Hi, my name is title resume Elizabeth (Liz). I'm an experienced IELTS teacher from the mfa creative writing online UK and a graduate of the enter title resume University of help explanation, London.

I have been teaching for over 16 years and for the last 9 years I have specialised, exclusively, in IELTS. I have taught in a number of countries: England, Spain, New Zealand, South Korea, China and Vietnam, where I taught at the British Council.

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Resumes Examples By Industry and Job Title | LiveCareer

Powerful New Grad Resumes and Cover Letters: 10 Things They Have in enter, Common. by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. OK, you’re graduating from college soon. Dissertation Online? Time to give your resume and cover letter a checkup to enter resume, ensure they are as powerful as they can be. Powerful new grad resumes and cover letters have several things in common, so you can kill a number of birds with one stone with this checkup. 1. Powerful resumes and cover letters are used as direct-mail (or e-mail) sales tools. It’s important to remember the mfa creative writing online best purpose of title resume, a resume and cover letter. They don’t have to syllabus writing, perform the task of getting you a job since very few people are hired sight unseen. All they have to enter, do is get you an interview. So the primary mission of a resume and cover letter is arouse the reader’s interest and syllabus in thesis writing, sell yourself enough so that you get asked to enter resume, meet with the employer.

The lesson here is to online, keep your documents concise and to the point. You don’t have to include everything about yourself, and enter title resume, you should not include anything that’s not relevant. Simon Essay? You don’t have write your autobiography. Now, granted, some college students have the opposite enter title, problem. Simon Essay? Instead of limiting the enter title information they list on their resumes, they worry about not having enough. Others are tempted to list every class they’ve taken, every award, and every extracurricular activity. Simon Essay? Many of these items may be worthy resume components, but for every item you’re considering inserting into your resume, ask yourself, is it relevant to the kind of job I’m seeking? Course work usually isn’t necessary unless it’s unusual or you have very little else to list in your resume. Honors, awards, and activities are generally good resume fodder, but don’t go overboard, especially at the expense of work or internship experience.

I knew one new grad who had an impressive list of enter title resume, honors and awards. But it was so long that her work experience was buried at the bottom of the resume. Consider omitting activities that reveal ethnicity, and photosynthesis, especially political or religious affiliations. Let go of high-school activities and honors unless they are truly exceptional or demonstrate an early interest in enter, your chosen career. Simon Essay? Your college accomplishments should supplant what you did back in high school. 2. Title Resume? Powerful resumes and cover letters must be targeted to mfa creative, the employer’s perspective. When constructing your resume and cover letter, put yourself in the mind-set of the enter title resume employer. Ask not what the employer can do for writing, you but what you can do for the employer.

There’s a temptation, especially among college students, to tell employers what you’re looking for in a job. Objective statements that say, “Seeking challenging position with growth potential,” are passe; in fact, all objective statements are out of enter resume, fashion. Employers want to kant essay, know what you can do for them, how you will benefit their companies, how you will impact their bottom lines. While they’re not totally oblivious to your career hopes and dreams, your aspirations are not their primary concern. To read more about using a cover letter to tell how you’ll benefit the employer, see Emphasize What You Can Do for the Employer in our Cover Letter Tutorial. 3. Powerful resumes and cover letters are focused and as specific as possible. The sad truth is that resumes and cover letters are read in title resume, as few as 6 seconds. So you have only the briefest moment to catch the simon essay employer’s interest. The employer wants to know as quickly as possible: What do you want to do and title resume, what are you good at? He or she doesn’t have time to essay, wade through lots of text to title resume, find out.

So how can you sharpen the focus of your resume and cover letter? Include a Professional Profile. A profile section, also known as a “Summary of photosynthesis, Qualifications,” can help sharpen your resume’s focus by presenting 3-4 bullet points that encapsulate your best qualifications and selling points. It’s often a good idea to list relevant computer and foreign-language skills in enter resume, this section instead of burying them at read online, the bottom of your resume, as many job-seekers do. You can find a large collection of real, high-quality new college grad resume and cover letter samples for title resume, improving your job, internship, grad-school search here: Real New College Grad Resume and help, Cover Letter Job-Search Samples. Tailor cover letters to specific jobs. An effective cover letter must target a specific position, which should be mentioned in the first paragraph. Enter Title Resume? Don’t list several possible positions or say that you’re willing to consider any position.

If you do, the employer will see you as unfocused or even desperate. Essay? Read more about cover letter specifics: Cover Letter Success is All About Specifics and consider using our Cover Letter and Resume Customization Worksheet. Specifically tailor your resume. According to one research study, employers want resumes to resume, show a clear match between the applicant and a particular job’s requirements. On History? A “general” resume that is not focused on enter a specific job’s requirements is seen as not competitive. Mfa Creative Online Best? Now it may not be realistic or practical to change your resume for every job you apply for, but you can change certain elements, such as the enter aforementioned Professional Profile section. Another alternative is to have more than one version of your resume. Let’s say you want a marketing career, but you’re open to both marketing research and dissertation online, promotions. You could craft a version of your resume for each niche.

See our article, Your Job-Search Resume Needs a Focal Point: How Job-Seekers Can Add Focus to title resume, Resumes. Consider adding a graphic. This suggestion is pretty radical, and it’s not for everyone, but a very small, tasteful graphic on your resume and/or cover letter could sharpen your focus. One of my former students, for example, wanted a career working with horses. Simon Essay? She placed a tiny horse graphic at the top of her resume. Title Resume? Her career focus was instantly apparent. Homework Help Explanation? Another student pursuing a law career used a tasteful scales of justice graphic; another interested in resume, international business had a small world map graphic. Note that this technique is only for syllabus, resumes seen by the human eye — in networking or career-fair situations, or after the resume has passed a screening through the employer’s Applicant Tracking Software and is viewed by people. 4. Title? Powerful resumes and cover letters make the most of your college experience.

Too many college students miss the opportunity to exploit valuable experience on kant on history their resumes and cover letter because they overlook unpaid experience. Experience is experience. Enter Title Resume? It doesn’t have to be paid. Anything you’ve done that has enabled you to develop skills that are relevant to simon essay, the kind of job you seek is worth consideration for resume and cover letter mention. That’s especially true if you don’t have much paid experience.

The key, as noted in #1, is relevance . Consider the following in resume, evaluating what experience and skills you’ve gained that are relevant to what you want to do when you graduate: Internships Summer jobs Campus jobs (work-study) Sports Entrepreneurial/self-employed jobs Temporary work Volunteer work: school, church, club, not-for-profit organizations Research papers/projects Campus activity positions Fraternity/sorority/social club positions Extracurricular or sports leadership positions. And go ahead and list material from writing online best, these areas under your Experience section. Don’t confuse the reader with a bunch of differently labeled experience sections, such as Internship Experience, Work Experience, and title resume, Project Experience. 5. Powerful resumes and cover letters portray your skills as transferable and applicable to what you want to do.

You may think what you’ve done is not relevant to simon essay, your future career, but you can probably spin the experience so that it demonstrates the transferable and resume, applicable skills that most employers want: The value of transferable skills is explanation a major reason I urge students to list sports in the Experience sections of enter, their resumes — because athletics so often provide the teamwork, leadership experience, and competitive drive that employers seek. 6. Powerful resumes and simon essay, cover letters focus on ACCOMPLISHMENTS, NOT job duties and responsibilities. In a research study, content elements that propelled employers to immediately discard resumes included a focus on duties instead of accomplishments, while documented achievements were highly ranked among content elements that employers look for. Therefore, NEVER use expressions like “Duties included,” “Responsibilities included,” or “Responsible for.” That’s job-description language, not accomplishments-driven resume language that sells.

Instead, emphasize the special things you did to set yourself apart and do the job better than anyone else. Admittedly, it’s not easy to come up with accomplishments from the kinds of jobs that college students typically hold. But it’s important to: Start tracking your accomplishments NOW. Start HAVING accomplishments NOW! You may not think you can have accomplishments in title resume, your lowly restaurant server or pizza delivery job, but try to. Ask your boss what you can do to improve. Strive to win any awards (such as Employee of the Month) that your employer offers. Find ways to go above and beyond your job description.

7. Powerful resumes and cover letters use KEYWORDS and action verbs! Because more than 90 percent of resumes are searched for job-specific keywords, keywords are among the most important aspects of today’s resume. Most employers rely on placing job-seeker resumes in keyword-searchable databases and using software to search those databases for specific keywords — usually nouns — that relate to job vacancies. Most Fortune 1000 companies, in brenner thesis, fact, and many smaller companies now use these technologies. The bottom line is that if you apply for a job with a company that searches databases for keywords, and your resume doesn’t have the enter resume keywords the company seeks for the person who fills that job, you are pretty much dead in the water. The profile or summary sections mentioned in #3 can be important for front-loading your resume with those all-important keywords. Action verbs in your resume and cover letters are also important, as they increase the strength of your writing and make you sound dynamic to employers. Luckily, there is writing no lack of sources for lists of action verbs; you can find them all over enter title resume, the Web (including Quintessential Careers’ Job-Seeker Action Verbs) and in nearly every resume and cover-letter book. Almost as important as using action verbs is avoiding weak verbs:

Do. Try “conduct,” “perform,” or “orchestrate.” Forms of the verb “to be.” Instead of “was,” say “served,” “functioned,” “acted.” Work. Everyone works. Be more specific. Job-seekers often use “work” in terms of “working with” someone else, such as other team members.

In that context, “collaborate(d)” is often a good substitute. Received. Dissertation Read? This verb, especially in the context of receiving an award sounds so passive, as though you deserve no credit for whatever you received. Always say you “earned” an award or honor rather than “received” it. 8. Powerful resumes and cover letters contain NO typos or misspellings.

This characteristic should go without saying, yet in enter title, our resume-writing service, we still see typos and misspellings with alarming frequency. Remember that it’s not enough to mfa creative writing online best, spell-check your documents because you may have used a perfectly spelled word — but it wasn’t the word you wanted. For example, a word frequently seen on resumes and cover letter is “possess,” but some job-seekers accidentally spell it “posses,” which is the plural of “posse.” Proofread your resume and cover letter. Title Resume? Put them down for a few hours, come back, and proofread again. Then get a friend or family member with a good eye to proof them for you. 9. Powerful resumes and cover letters are reader-friendly.

Research ranks easy readability highest of all resume characteristics in terms of first impressions. The employers surveyed ranked use of bullets second highest. Use the following to make your documents reader-friendly: Bullets in resumes (and sometimes in cover letters) White space. Make sure your documents have reasonable margins. In my opinion, the simon essay default margins in Microsoft Word are wider than they need to enter title resume, be (1.25? on the left and right and mfa creative online best, 1? at the top and bottom). Margins can be as narrow as .75? if needed. My partner uses the “thumb test.” When he’s holding a resume or cover letter, he wants enough white space on the left and right so that his thumbs don’t touch the text.

Of course, he has big thumbs, so 1? left and right margins suit him better. Also make sure you have a line of space between all the jobs listed on your resume and enter resume, between all resume sections. Photosynthesis Explanation? For cover letters, equalize the white space at enter resume, the top and in thesis, bottom of the letter so that it is enter resume centered vertically on the page. Type large enough to read (no smaller than 10.5 point). Building Tools That Build Better Work Lives. Since 2005, LiveCareer’s team of career coaches, certified resume writers, and savvy technologists have been developing career tools that have helped over 10 million users build stronger resumes, write more persuasive cover letters, and simon essay, develop better interview skills. Use our free samples, templates, and writing guides and our easy-to-use resume builder software to enter title, help land the job you want. Katharine Hansen, Ph.D., creative director and mfa creative writing, associate publisher of Quintessential Careers, is an title educator, author, and blogger who provides content for Quintessential Careers, edits QuintZine, an electronic newsletter for jobseekers, and brenner thesis, blogs about storytelling in the job search at A Storied Career. Katharine, who earned her PhD in resume, organizational behavior from Union Institute University, Cincinnati, OH, is brenner thesis author of Dynamic Cover Letters for New Graduates and title, A Foot in in thesis writing, the Door: Networking Your Way into the Hidden Job Market (both published by Ten Speed Press), as well as Top Notch Executive Resumes (Career Press); and enter title, with Randall S. Brenner Thesis? Hansen, Ph.D., Dynamic Cover Letters, Write Your Way to a Higher GPA (Ten Speed), and The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Study Skills (Alpha). Visit her personal Website or reach her by title resume, e-mail at [email protected] Read Online? Check out Dr.

Hansen on GooglePlus. I AM A STUDENT This page is for all students and prospective students (high school, college, graduate school), where you will find some expert free resources and tools for furthering your education. Title? Students have been one of the homework photosynthesis primary priorities of Quintessential Careers since our founding in 1996, and we have a large number of [] 10 Best Job Interview Tips for Jobseekers. 10 Best Job Interview Tips for Jobseekers by enter, Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D. When you have successfully mastered cover letters, resumes, and job applications and are receiving requests for interviews, it’s time to understand how to succeed in the job interview so that you are ever closer to your goal of obtaining one or more job [] Personal Career Branding #038; Self-Marketing Tools for Job-Seekers and Career Activists. Personal Career Branding Self-Marketing Tools for Job-Seekers and Career Activists Where job-seekers can find some expert articles, tools, and resources for developing your personal career brand, as well as key self-marketing techniques to get hired or promoted.Quintessential Careers Career Branding Marketing Articles Resources: Job SeekerPersonal Brand Building Your Online Career Brand: Five [] Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog.

Quintessential Careers: Career and Job-Hunting Blog Career and explanation, job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by title, the staff of Quintessential Careers.The Quintessential Careers Blog has moved!! These pages remain as an archive of our previous blog posts. Please check out the new and improved Quintessential Careers Blog for writing online, Job-Seekers and Careerists. Interview Advice Job [] Mighty Recruiter Mighty Recruiter.

Customer Service Customer Service. 800-652-8430 Mon- Fri 8am - 8pm CST. Sat 8am - 5pm CST, Sun 10am - 6pm CST Stay in touch with us.

Write my essay -
The Job Title Section of Your Resume

analyse a poem essay Despite what your grade-school teacher might have told you, poetry isn’t all hearts and flowers, especially not when you have to title resume, analyze a poem in an essay. When you delve into the realm of poetry, you’re much more likely to stumble into madness and decay , especially if you are reading Edgar Allen Poe or Charles Bukowski! Okay, I’m exaggerating (a little). Poetry can be fun. Simon Essay? And full of title resume puns. Like this one. Regardless, don’t lose your head just yet–I have some tips on how to analyze a poem in a way that doesn’t bring doom and gloom to your grades.

The vast majority of the time, your instructor will tell you which poem to help photosynthesis, analyze. However, on the off chance that you have to choose a poem yourself, choosing the right poem can make learning how to analyze a poem much, much easier. When you are choosing a poem, ask yourself the following questions: Do you like the poem? Do you have notes from class that could help you start your essay? Do you understand the language in the poem? Could you summarize the poem in your own words? Are there resources online that you could use to understand the poem better? Does the poem have obvious literary elements (rhyme, meter, metaphor, etc.)? If you answered “yes” to many of those questions, then the poem you have will likely work great for enter resume your analysis. Before you can really start writing your analysis, you need to kant on history, know what your instructor expects of resume you.

A poem analysis is much like any other literary analysis, but it caters more specifically to poems. For instance, since poems are typically short, the analyses are also often short. Few instructors will make you write a poetry analysis for more than about 3-5 pages. Whew! However, the syllabus shorter length doesn’t let you off the enter title hook. With your poetry analysis, you need to in thesis, focus on enter title two main aspects of the poem you choose: theme and read online, the literary elements that proves that theme . Your thesis statement needs to title resume, contain both of those aspects, and you’ll spend your body paragraphs discussing examples of the literary elements and how they relate back to the theme. Now, let’s get into more detail. Summarizing and Paraphrasing a Poem.

Learning how to analyze a poem gets a lot simpler when you start by summarizing or paraphrasing the poem and figuring out what the heck the poet is even talking about. I’m going to use “Desert Places” by Robert Frost to help you understand what I mean. Writing? (And, no, I will not use “The Road Not Taken”! Frost did write other poems, people!) Here’s “Desert Places” in case you aren’t familiar with it: Snow falling and night falling fast, oh, fast. In a field I looked into going past, And the ground almost covered smooth in snow, But a few weeds and stubble showing last. The woods around it have it – it is theirs. All animals are smothered in their lairs. I am too absent-spirited to enter title resume, count; The loneliness includes me unawares. And lonely as it is, that loneliness.

Will be more lonely ere it will be less – A blanker whiteness of brenner thesis benighted snow. WIth no expression, nothing to express. They cannot scare me with their empty spaces. Between stars – on stars where no human race is. Resume? I have it in help, me so much nearer home. To scare myself with my own desert places. (Frost) Frost, Robert, and enter, Robert Hunter. “Desert Places.” Poemhunter.com. Web. 30 June 2015. If I’m to summarize this poem, I might write something like the following: The narrator walked past a snow-covered field in the late evening and felt insignificant next to the forests and the hibernating animals.

The narrator becomes lonely and expects to become lonelier. Online? As the narrator looks up at the stars, he or she realizes that nothing could feel as empty as he or she feels inside. Note that you would not use the above summary in an essay. However, putting a poem in your own words can really help you understand the feeling of the poem and what the author is trying to convey. If you wanted to go further in depth with your understanding, you could paraphrase the poem, which basically means rewriting every line in your own words rather than condensing the enter title information. Simon Essay? Once you understand what the poem is trying to say, you need to come up with a theme. A theme is enter, a central idea in kant on history, a poem. Enter Title Resume? In “Desert Places,” Frost talks a lot about brenner thesis loneliness , and since the narrator in the poem is alone, I can say that loneliness and isolation are main ideas or themes in enter resume, the poem.

When you are searching for a theme in your poem, look for concepts or notions that seem to pop up several times. Think about the help photosynthesis explanation feeling the enter title poem might be trying to convey. That will often lead you straight to mfa creative writing online, the theme . Enter Title Resume? If you can’t think of kant essay on history a theme, you can either talk to your instructor about enter title it or look online to see what scholars say about the homework help explanation themes in title resume, the poem. Resources such as Sparknotes.com can also help you get on the right track. Choosing a Literary Device or Element.

To complete your essay topic, you need to choose one or more literary elements the poem uses to point toward the theme you chose. Help? Here are some examples of literary devices you could be looking for: There are many more literary devices to choose from; see a longer list here. Enter Title Resume? I would suggest choosing one or two devices for most essays. Make sure that you can relate them back to the theme you chose. If I were to dissertation online, write a poetic analysis of “Desert Places” specifically on enter title the topic of loneliness and isolation, I would choose rhyme as one of my literary devices. Rather than a traditional a/a/b/b or a/b/a/b rhyme scheme for his quatrains (stanzas with four lines), Frost chose an a/a/b/a rhyme scheme.

Since one of the words in each stanza does not rhyme with anything, it could be said that the poet has isolated one word in each stanza , which demonstrates the loneliness the speaker talks about in simon essay, the content of the poem. Mark where the literary device occurs in the poem and keep those notes for title resume later. You can use them as examples for when you start writing your analysis. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: having a good thesis statement means that the syllabus writing rest of your paper will be a breeze. Essentially, a good thesis statement becomes a one-sentence outline of your paper. Here’s what my thesis statement for my “Desert Places” analysis might look like: In “Desert Places,” Robert Frost uses an unusual rhyme scheme, specifically an a/a/b/a rhyme scheme, to demonstrate the narrator’s isolation and loneliness. This would be a great thesis statement for a short poetry analysis (1-2 pages). For a longer poetry analysis (3-5 pages), you might want to choose two or three literary devices that explicate your theme. When you write your thesis, you might find this template helpful: In [poem’s name], [poet] employs [literary devices] to demonstrate [theme]. Resume? Here, it is important that you are specific. Essay On History? In my example, I made sure to enter, specify how the rhyme scheme was unusual rather than just leaving it at that.

Make sure you do the same. For more help building out writing best, a winning thesis statement, see Kibin’s thesis statement builder! Analyzing a Poem in title, Body Paragraphs. Though writing your introduction and homework help, thesis statement is certainly half the battle, you need to win your audience over enter title with your supporting body paragraphs. Think about it this way: your head wouldn’t do you much good without all the organs and systems that comprise your body. (Didn’t think you were going to get an anatomy lesson in simon essay, a poetry post, did you?) As you write your body paragraphs, adhere to the following guidelines: Keep your paragraphs to about half a page doubled spaced (shorter paragraphs improve readability).

Start your paragraph with your topic sentence, which should relate to everything you are going to say in title resume, the paragraph (think of it as the paragraph’s thesis statement). Use only one piece of evidence per writing paragraph, either a quote or a paraphrased example from the text. Enter? Always end a paragraph in your own words and make sure to include analysis (why the evidence supports your thesis statement) at the end of each paragraph. By following those guidelines, you’ll set yourself up for an essay that knocks your instructor’s socks off. A Few More Tips on How to Analyze a Poem. Though you have learned how to analyze a poem, I haven’t really mentioned how you can sound smart doing it. Now, this doesn’t mean that you should go crazy and throw in a bunch of fancy synonyms (see How to Become a Better Writer: Don’t Use Words that Sound Smart). What it does mean is using vocabulary that is appropriate for poems. I already gave you a list of literary terms and their definitions, which should catapult you to greatness in your analysis already, but here are some important tidbits to remember when you write a poetic analysis: Don’t assume that the poet and the speaker/narrator in brenner thesis, the poem are the same person.

Instead, refer to the person in the poem as “he or she” or just “the speaker” or “the narrator.” Don’t use words like “obviously” or “clearly” in your poetic analysis. Enter Resume? If it were so obvious, you wouldn’t have to writing best, write an essay about it. Don’t spend time summarizing the enter title resume poem in your essay. Assume your reader has already read the dissertation read poem. Don’t worry too much about enter title working through the poem line by line or in order. Use the evidence that best supports your claim in writing, the order that makes sense for your argument. Enter? Don’t forget to simon essay, cite your poem according to MLA formatting . Any quote you use should have an in-text citation. Check out these examples of poetic analyses written by students like you for more inspiration and ideas.

Make Sure Your Paper Is Polished before You Turn It in! If you are still stuck or nervous about writing your analysis, that’s okay. Enter Title Resume? Sometimes, just getting something out on paper will give you the courage you need to keep going and revise what you’ve written to fit the above-mentioned guidelines. Syllabus Writing? As you’re revising, I highly recommend reading your analysis out loud. Doing so will help you find awkward or confusing areas so you can pinpoint what still needs work. You can also get a friend, family member, or professional editor to look your paper over. At Kibin, our editors are ready to polish your essay at any time of enter resume day or night.

Whether you need some advice on what you’ve written so far or want our talented editors to brenner thesis, polish your essay into enter resume analytic gold, our editing services can help you! Now that you know how to syllabus in thesis, analyze a poem, put your skills to the test on enter title your own essay! Psst. 98% of Kibin users report better grades! Get inspiration from over 500,000 example essays. About the dissertation Author. Kassandra K. Enter Title Resume? juggles editing for Kibin as well as content writing and tutoring for simon essay other companies, though she’s an editor at enter title, heart.

Check out brenner thesis, her Kibin profile.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
The Job Title Section of Your Resume

contest essay money Nicholas Handler, is a junior at Yale University majoring in history. Handler is active in social justice organizations and enter title, hopes to become a human rights lawyer. I never expected to gain any new insight into the nature of mfa creative writing, my generation, or the changing landscape of American colleges, in Lit Theory. Lit Theory is supposed to be the class where you sit at the back of the room with every other jaded sophomore wearing skinny jeans, thick-framed glasses, an ironic tee-shirt and over-sized retro headphones, just waiting for lecture to title resume, be over so you can light up a Turkish Gold and walk to lunch while listening to simon essay, Wilco. That’s pretty much the way I spent the course, too: through structuralism, formalism, gender theory, and post-colonialism, I was far too busy shuffling through my iPod to resume, see what the patriarchal world order of kant essay on history, capitalist oppression had to do with Ethan Frome. But when we began to title, study postmodernism, something struck a chord with me and dissertation read online, made me sit up and look anew at the seemingly blase college-aged literati of which I was so self-consciously one. Letter: Fortunately, College Has Changed.

This is in regard to your college essay contest that took place last year. The essay entitled Fortunately, College Has Changed by Matthew Bender from the University of Arkansas has several factual errors and insinuations. Then entire first and second paragraphs are neither chronologically or factually correct. How do I know that there are errors? Because I am Mervin Jebaraj, the person referred to enter, in the opening paragraph. 1. A committee of students wrote the actual text of a proposed bill not a note. The idea began in November of 2007 and not in the spring.

2. There was no staying up all night, and there was no on campus bbq. The committee obtained a meeting with Sen. Madison after a lot of work and didn’t just pass a note to her. The committee also spent months working with her and other legislators. to see the kant essay on history resolution passed. We don’t appreciate the trivialising narrative of our work. 3. Enter Title. The resolution never asked for the creation of socially aware investments, the options already existed. 4. The conference I went to was well after the divestment process and was to share ideas about simon essay divestment with others as opposed to receiving inspiration for divestment. 5. There is an implication that I was skinny dipping and smoking marijuana in Belize. Neither is true.

I hold the New York times in the highest regard and hope that you will take this seriously. In the future, I hope you check the. veracity of statements made before you publish them. Mervin Jebaraj, Research Assistant, Center for Business and Economic Research. Liz Addison , 38, is a biology major whose goal is to become a large animal veterinarian. She has trained a winning racehorse and is interested in title, American presidential history. Oh, the hand wringing. “College as America used to understand it is mfa creative best, coming to an end,” bemoans Rick Perlstein and his beatnik friend of fallen face. Those days, man, when a pretentious reading list was all it took to lift a child from suburbia. When jazz riffs hung in the dorm lounge air with the smoke of title, a thousand bongs, and college really mattered.

Really mattered? Rick Perlstein thinks so. It mattered so much to him that he never got over his four years at the University of Privilege. So he moved back to online, live in its shadow, like a retired ballerina taking a seat in the stalls. But when the curtain went up he saw students working and studying and working some more.

Adults before their time. Today, at the University of Privilege, the student applies with a Curriculum Vitae not a book list. Shudder. Frankie Thomas , is a junior majoring in cinema-television critical studies, with a minor in gender studies. Enter. Her immediate plans include dropping out at the end of the online best year to write and/or travel. She is a film maker and a blogger, with interests ranging from the enter resume social history of the Victorian era to birdwatching to the novels of Dawn Powell.

I had the kind of college experience most people only dream about. Charged by syllabus writing, the atmosphere of intellectual exploration, inspired by professors who pushed me farther than I’d ever imagined I could go, I made fascinating new friends at enter resume Skidmore; together we discovered Nabokov and Kafka, Citizen Kane and Dr. Strangelove, and our own literary voices. It was a three-week summer program. I was fifteen. Now I’m twenty, halfway toward graduating from dissertation online, University of Southern California, and if I had a thousand dollars for every college student I know who Struggles With Depression…well, I still wouldn’t have enough money to pay my full tuition. But it would keep me going for a semester or two, assuming I didn’t lose my own struggle and drop listlessly out. Enter Title Resume. As our SATs would have put it, “depression” is to brenner thesis, “college campus” as “consumption” is to “Victorian orphanage,” and ours is a generation of wheezing waifs. Max Lance , 23, is a freshman at USC’s School of Cinematic Arts, majoring in enter, writing for film and television. He hopes to make his mark either with a “life-changing TV show” or by “marrying someone rich.”

When I dropped out of college three years ago I would have completely agreed that college isn’t the cultural experience that it was hyped up to be. As I return this September, I’ve realized that it’s a good thing it isn’t. I completely agree that college as America used to know it has come to an end, but I believe that schools have changed for simon essay the better. The problem I had when I quit school the first time around was that I never adjusted to how schools have changed. I dropped out because of my mislaid expectations; the same ones that Rick Perlstein is enter title, nostalgic for. I’m going back to school because I’ve realized what the college experience is in thesis writing, like today and enter title, I’m now more than prepared to mfa creative writing best, abuse it. Like nearly everyone in my graduating class, I attended higher education because that’s what we did next. College seemed more like 13th grade rather than a place where I would be opened up to radical people and ways of thinking.

I spent my freshman and sophomore years doing what I needed to do to get good grades because that’s all I had done since kindergarten. And even though I worked hard to enter title resume, earn a 3.7 GPA, I dropped out of mfa creative, New York University because of a complete lack of passion for what I was studying (journalism, via process of enter title resume, elimination). Travis Weinger , 21, is essay, a senior majoring in history, with a concentration in war, revolution and social change. His minor is political science. He is a founder of the Triton, a newspaper at UCSD, and of the Symposium, an on-campus discussion group. Rick Perlstein’s article, boiled down, is simply an enter title extended version of the dissertation online bitching that every generation hears from the one that preceded it: “Back when I went to title resume, school, we walked uphill in dissertation, the snow both ways…” In sum, college mattered back when Mr. Perlstein went to it because that was when he went to enter title resume, it. Since college has changed from when he remembered it, he wants us to believe that it has somehow degenerated into brenner thesis irrelevance.

The vast majority of Perlstein’s complaints fit under the above rubric. Our college experience is not as liberating as his was (no longer can we simply phone public intellectuals and enter resume, bully them into visiting our dorms). Our activists are not as radical as his were (we don’t take over enough buildings). Our connection to in thesis, the Sixties isn’t as strong as his was (our band members aren’t former revolutionaries). We are not as alienated from society as he was (we engage our world, not whine about it). Enter Title. Perlstein’s claim that his experience was in some way both richer and harder than the next generation’s is an old one, and is continuously echoed by dissertation read, every generation. Like most complaints of this type, it is largely groundless and mildly insulting. To respond to it bit by title, bit would validate his nostalgic whining to a degree it does not deserve. The Cultural Contradictions of American Universities. For the essay past twenty to thirty years, we have seen the great degradation of post-secondary education.

Conventional wisdom suggests that the problem lies simultaneously within the hands of the politicians and the students. Title Resume. This narrative does not account for simon essay the history of college. Title Resume. Throughout the modern age, the role college played in homework photosynthesis explanation, the national debate was minimal. Enter Title Resume. To this date, there has only essay been one president with a Ph.D., and both The New Deal and Truman’s Fair Deal did relatively little for resume college and education in general (with the exception of the G.I. Bill). And even today, most candidates on both sides of the isle have the same prescription for college: the problem is lack of funding, therefore, the solution is to increase funding. Homework Help. It usually ends at that. In order to find the true crisis of college, we must first look at its true purpose. A few months ago, Charles Murray wrote a controversial series of columns in the Wall Street Journal arguing, not that college had been written out of the national debate, but that its role is too great.

Essentially, too many people are going to college who did not need college, but instead needed vocational training. There are serious problems with his logic to be sure, not the least of enter title resume, which is kant essay on history, his obvious IQ-ism. While it is true that college is in need of some serious reforming, focusing solely on IQ will not solve them, for IQ is not the only purpose of college. For example, there are, what a professor of mine called, “latent overtones.” That is, those unexpected, and unintended consequences of college learning. For example, one might discover a great philosopher that he’s never heard of, or another collegiate finds that they enjoy a field of study which they did not expect. But this is, of course, part of the intellectual journey of students. College exists not, as conventional wisdom suggests, to resume, change the culture. Homework Help Photosynthesis. It exists to create a new breed of intellectuals. All politics aside, students should exit college not knowing simply what to resume, think, but how to think. This is where Mr.

Murray and I agree. He hits the syllabus nail on the head when he describes the purpose of title, college, that college is created to train the elites to syllabus, do their jobs. However, this purpose has been lost in resume, a quagmire of dissertation, watered-down curricula and fluff courses. Title. And this brings us to the real problem of brenner thesis, college: the searing anti-intellectualism of the youth. Education is the single most important factor in the growth of our country. Specifically, higher education paves a future and provides opportunity for students that attend college and title resume, gives them a shot at a career. 50 years ago, college was strictly for the elite, high class Americans. Now, it seems that every common household has at least one family member attend college.

But with the dissertation read increasing drop out title, rate today, students seem less interested in learning at college and their priorities change from their original goal of graduating. The importance of education today is a growing factor because the future of this country depends on the students in photosynthesis, college today. College is misunderstood by many incoming freshman. All of the television advertisements and title, billboards encouraging students to attend college are used as bait to reel in student’s tuition. Parents encourage their kids to attend college after graduating high school because they want to see their kids have a shot at success.

However, college is not cut out for everyone. More freshman than ever are dropping out after their first year because college can be overwhelming through everything that takes place within campus boundaries. The pressures of college whether it’s to impress parents or maintain a high GPA grasps hold of many students while they are in college, freezing them from work and attending class regularly. Back in the 50’s and 60’s when college was becoming so popular, people attended college solely to improve their education and learn through the college experience, in brenner thesis, hopes of obtaining a career after graduation. Now, people attend college because their friends or girlfriend go there. Enter. Many people attend college just to party as much as possible. College can be misleading for teenagers fresh out of read online, high school, and people who feel that continuing their education isn’t the most important factor in attending college should not apply. College matters because without a thoroughly educated society, America would fall to its knees and regress into deep depression. Jobs would flounder because the people applying for them wouldn’t get accepted without college degrees. Pat Brown expanded university development in California in 1966 to encourage people of every social class to attend college and gain a higher education. The reason for enter title resume his rapid expansion was because the number of college students doubled from 1957 to 1967, and Brown decided in order to improve society and keep America running, more universities should be built to attract new students.

However, in 1997, only simon essay 54 percent of students that attended college as freshmen graduated with a degree six years later, 30 percent not even finishing their freshman year. Once students enroll in college, dropping out is the worst decision they can make. The opportunity cost of dropping can be detrimental to a student’s financial standing. Dropping out also means dropping tuition, and students are often left with debt to pay off depending on which year they dropped out. Entering in a low paying job, drop outs must slowly pay back student loans, which is why college is so important to stick to and graduate once enrolled. Title Resume. The likelihood of students being able to pay off student loans quickly after graduating is much greater than the likelihood of a drop out mfa creative writing online, paying off loans. Drop outs sometimes will only make enough money per paycheck to enter, pay off previous college debts, not leaving any left over brenner thesis, cash for enter title resume leisure activities. Once choosing the decision to attend college, remaining in college is the most important decision a student can make, in order to dissertation read, avoid living a below average lifestyle.

Young adults are fed by change. Enter. No matter how resistant or welcoming I am to simon essay, change, when all is said and done change sustains me. Two years as an undergraduate student at Fordham University have been made slightly easier by knowing this about myself, because college means change. Even with the still shrinking cyber community and the ‘real world’ opportunities offered to many young people today, nothing can replace the rush of change attached to the college experience. College students are encouraged to make noise.

When interviewed by Rick Perlstein for an article entitled ‘What’s the enter title Matter With College” students were very vocal. Hamilton Morris, a New York bred college student, described a college experience where many students hate school “with a passion” and “don’t leave”. Dissertation. Perlstein writes that Morris’s feelings are proof of a “culture of enervation” which overwhelms many campuses today. Instead of seeing what Perlstein describes, students without hope or the will to resume, pursue their studies, I see Morris as describing a culture of online, restlessness. Students who claim to hate college but still do not leave are experiencing a kind of restlessness which comes with the package. Students experience change so quickly–changes of passions, opinions and title resume, interests. They are bound to become restless, especially when the off-campus world is simon essay, within arm’s length. I often smile to think the world is at my fingertips when I am surfing the resume internet, but the truth is brenner thesis, my fingers are touching my keyboard, and I am planted in my kitchen chair drinking Diet Coke.

College offers me the enter title resume opportunity to shake hands with the leaders of business, art, science and medicine–something the internet can not give me. Brenner Thesis. College professors do not want students to be excited about school and theory alone–they want them to take their passion into the world beyond the campus. I am not writing this commentary for my school newspaper. I am writing it for title New York Times Magazine, a publication Journalism majors like me aspire to work for. College urges me to aspire, to in thesis, voice my opinions, and yes, to change. The problem with colleges in the 21st century is convoluted with many deciding factors, resulting in a more complex position for current college students to experience, unlike any previous generation of college students. In my opinion, being a college graduate student and one who has been involved in my school, I can honestly say that the biggest problem with our generation is the sense of nihilism, which is plaguing the our very core of our being. It is important to realize that this comes not only from college campuses, but the society in general; people just don’t care. If they do care and want to title, be involved, societal pressures, mostly economic, is what keeps them from being invoked with the spirit of the read online previous generations.

There seems to be no sense of urgency when it comes to our generation. Nihilism will do that to everyone. I also find it interesting that the people who do want to be involved do not necessarily know what to get involved with. In the 60s, it seemed to be clear cut what the problem was; racism, sexism, or the war in enter title, Vietnam. A contrast between the 60s generation and us now is that people do not what the problems really are. The mentality when speaking to college students; they seem to focus more on trying to get that 80K a year job then the socio-political issues affecting us. Simon Essay. It is title resume, evident that we value the dollar more so than we value the human struggle. So apathy also plays a role. It is help, important to realize that we must do something, otherwise everyone suffers. Sending your child to college is not an option in title resume, American society, and it’s hardly a privilege at best that.

In today’s fierce and fast paced world it is title resume, a necessity For most parents, thought goes into how they will even fund such a venture within the brenner thesis first few months of the title child’s conception. College funds and savings bonds, money from relatives and graduation parties, this all gets stored until an entire portion of that funding goes towards expensive college visits. Not only does the child want to go to writing online, college, that child has picked out 10 in which there is an orientation at each for prospective parents. They want to see where their money is enter resume, going, as well as where their child will sleep, learn, and become the successful adult they were meant to be. What is wrong with college? As a successful student at a prominent Chicago school, I, for one, have plenty of opinions on the matter. Syllabus. Let’s look at “our war” by first taking a retrospective glance at Vietnam. My father, a student at the time of enter resume, Vietnam, was a conservative at a very conservative Indiana school. Read Online. He still wore his GDI shirt most days of the week and talked highly of the camaraderie between fellow students. There were protests that were actually allowed on his campus. When the students died in the Kent incident he remembers rallies against the war in their honor.

He also remembers reading the names of the enter dead soldiers with the explanation rest of his class, keeping in somber memory the enter title fight his country was in. Bands of homework photosynthesis, students were scared, there was a draft in effect. Everyone had war on the mind and as those 18 year olds took on their first years of college, they had a lot more to worry about than where the weekend’s keg party was taking place. They were learning, growing, and forming opinions on the world they were entering by enter title, knowing their current events and being passionate about brenner thesis them. Of course, without the internet, their local papers brought them more world events and less Lindsay Lohan. Being passionate about the resume world takes a certain naivety that forms when someone does not already have the writing online best opinions of others so easily accessible. The internet has taken so much of title, this away from current students. In my experience, you only have to make a choice on which websites to read. Looking at kant our war today, many students walk away from enter title resume, it, choosing not even to recognize that it affects their daily world.

There are many more cliques, many more places to falter, and many more reasons not to care. Hold a pen in front of you and look at it; notice its size and color in particular. Now, slowly move it away until you have your arm fully extended. Notice anything different? Probably not, and that is how it should be. If we remember back to kant on history, middle school science class, color is partially dependent upon the angle that light hits an object. But we just moved an object, causing the angle to enter title, change from help, our perspective, and title, did not notice any change in color. Online. The pen also moved further away without any apparent change in size. I forgot the intricate details that explain why this happens, something to do with a portion of the brain that keeps our perceptions fluid . What I do remember, and will never forget, is how cool this all seemed and how much more there is to the world when you get past the surface. College is a pretty different place today than it was for my parents thirty years ago. Then again, so were the two worlds in which we were raised.

Most kids in enter title, my generation were not raised in simon essay, the Sandlot. We did not hang out at the malt shop after school. Enter Resume. And we definitely did not attend any sock hops (or if we did, best believe we did not call them that). Instead, we started out playing on jungle gyms with woodchips and protective rubber flooring underneath. Eventually, we found ourselves being chauffeured to organized baseball practice, in a minivan. By high school, the importance of writing online, getting into a good college had been seared into us and serious attention had to be allocated toward after-school activities and other kinds of enriching events to make sure that we were “well- rounded”. Here’s a fun game that anyone my age can play: ask your parents what they got on resume, their SATs. If they can, you win!

Basically, it is dissertation online, like hitting the lottery, since your parents have to be like one out of a million. Title. High school students in syllabus in thesis writing, the 60’s did not pay $1,000 for an SAT class and definitely did not go to any Independent College Consultants. As Mr. Perlstein stated, college was seen as a place sort of apart from the rest of the resume world. Kids went there and were met with new people, ideas, and situations. Back then, as I understand it, college was not seen as a stepping stone or a rung on the ladder. You did not go with the mindset that it was simply a means to end, a place to simply collect good grades and mfa creative, then experience the ‘director’s cut redux edition’ of college admissions in the form of graduate school, an enter title resume internship or a job. Why College Matters: A Response to “What’s the Matter With College” I suppose I should begin by saying that I don’t go to a real college. Writing Online Best. I mean, I don’t feel like I go to title resume, a real college. I don’t take real classes.

I don’t live on online, a real campus. I’m a music major and attend the Peabody Institute in Baltimore, Maryland. Peabody is an established music conservatory, one of the schools of Johns Hopkins University (despite what I say about it not being a “real” school). In his essay, Perlstein is making it seem that today’s college undergraduates and the ideals we pursue are somehow deficient. Enter Title Resume. That we’re missing out. He’s especially concerned that we’re nothing like the students of the 60s and 70s.

He’s right about that, but that is read, nothing to be ashamed of. We’re students who want (or carry) the iPhone. We are environmental activists. We’re more technologically savvy than Perlstein’s generation. We get our information and communicate in a totally different way. We’re amazing jugglers. We’re a new breed. It is interesting to read that the defining issue for the 1966 California gubernatorial race was college. For my sake, and I’m sure for the sake of a lot of my peers, I wish it were still that way.

College sounded romantic and fun. My friends argue that things have changed in resume, the past 40 years, and that there are bigger fish to fry. The war, for example. Making a living once college ends. When they start complaining, however, about dissertation online classes and stress, I ask them, “aren’t there bigger fish to fry?” at which they sigh outwardly, roll their eyes, and enter resume, throw their hands up in the air. I understand where their frustration lies. We still feel young in the scheme of things, and not ready to plan out our lives after college. It feels like we’ve been doing nothing but planning since freshman year of high school.

Who has time to syllabus in thesis, worry anyway? Right now, I am worrying if I have enough money to pay the rent this month. Many of my classmates worry how to pay for the next semester. To be honest, when it came to enter resume, college, most of us never really had a choice. Where I grew up, in Greenwich, Connecticut, there was never the brenner thesis option of “college vs. no college.” The choice was “Ivy League vs. state school,” or something along those lines. The whole getting-ready-for-college experience was important. As you thumb these pages, reader, loyal subscriber, conscious citizen with an appetite for inquiry and thoughtfulness, or may I say fellow American, you tell yourself that you want to sample a young student’s intellect. Certainly I do believe that my own college experience has been important, even critical, to my life and to my thoughts here and now, but young and impressionable does not necessarily partner with a tame, meaningful sense of title, hindsight… My college experience has fostered some growth.

But for online the nation? Lend me some relevance. Am I to accurately describe my confusion with you over title, coffee to tell you how this all breaks down–I fit in the puzzle and I’m one of the corners, right? Politics. We don’t have movements, and we don’t have causes. A choice between higher education and higher purpose has been made; show me one text message, fellow student, that you have wanted the whole country to kant essay, read. Children live at school. Especially if they don’t have much of a home life to live in the afternoon or evening, kids live and learn at school.

College isn’t so different, only enter resume first graders aren’t expected to syllabus in thesis, shape up all by themselves when they appear to title, be wasting time. Mfa Creative. Oh, college students aren’t either? Pity. I guess higher education isn’t all that important. Maybe the problems of higher education are just fronds atop a mirage of public schooling. Talk to Herbert Kohl, Jonathan Kozol, John Taylor Gatto, men who are trying to title resume, wake this country up, and simon essay, they’ll show you what’s happening to my younger brothers and sisters.

Content in the shade, college students loaf, while in more dangerous environs, under the pretext that they are to learn, children sit down in their desks each morning in the arms of a crumbling system. Title Resume. In college, we choose to sleep in, not to participate, excel, regress, etc. If higher education is important to homework, the nation, why don’t more people act like it? Better yet, if education is enter title resume, so important to simon essay, the nation’s future, why is it neglected? Important as it is, I feel proud to remember the words of Thomas Jefferson, who often can remind us of enter title resume, politicians’ and citizens’ true responsibilities: “It is highly interesting to our country, and it is the duty of its functionaries, to provide that every citizen in it should receive an education proportioned to the condition and pursuits of his life.” He speaks to the politician, tells him to take a good look at his fellow Americans. What sort of education will he provide to match the condition, the quality of life? If the quality be poor, will he stick to poor schooling until lifestyles rise to the occasion? Try downtown Anywhere, where elementary schools have been forced to remove social studies and arts in favor of apparently year-round test preparation, for standards in kant essay, English and enter title resume, mathematics.

The “need to homework help explanation, know” world and the world of standardization are one in the same, and columns of darkened bubbles are in no short supply, though there’s still a need to enter title, live. The Problem with College: Why We No Longer See Ourselves As “Part of” a Community. One anomaly of American society is that our universities play only a marginal role in our culture. In other nations, like France where intellectual life is mfa creative writing online, not centered on their institutions of education, this may come as no surprise, but the virtues of American universities are indisputable. Academics wonder why they are allowed to be the nation’s intellectual leaders, but not its leaders, or even advisors, in title resume, the political or ethical arenas.

Some are resentful of the mfa creative writing mainstream society, thinking it apostate, as though they were priests of some outworn creed, but this alienation, which has developed in tandem with the enter title resume evolution of academia, did not come because the society rejected the university as a social or moral authority, but rather because the university ran out of the brenner thesis energy it took to function in this role. This occurred, at least partially, because those of us in college found that the values we shared were not strong enough to unite us. From the time of Plato, the purpose of the university has not been to represent the enter title society or culture in which it exists but to pursue truth. Kant On History. Most academics, who may disagree on resume, what truth is in essence, would agree that it is a noble and worthy objective. And, since truth is their goal, many of brenner thesis, them think themselves justified in enter, being alienated from mainstream society. Dissertation Read. This does not mean their views are homogenous; I can testify that, at the University of resume, Idaho (to name one example), the politics of professors in the College of Business are not shared by the English instructors; but what the two departments have in common is their distance from America’s political center. This is largely because specialists in syllabus in thesis writing, any field, whether that field is philosophy or political science, tend to feel invalidated if anyone could reach the title resume same conclusions that they do. It is brenner thesis, a telling fact that, at least until recent years, there was a higher percentage of enter, self-described Marxist literary critics than blue-color workers. Nonetheless, this desire for academic innovation benefits the university in that it makes professors’ research original; it is for syllabus this reason that, whenever universities are rated according to prestige, the United States constantly is found to have the greatest number of prestigious institutions. Even so, there is another facet to title resume, a professor’s job, teaching. Simon Essay. This requirement creates a dilemma for many professors: their strenuous educations and meticulous research has caused many of them to become opinionated, but, at the same time, they need to keep their students pacified while educating them in accordance with principles which the students may not share.

Thus, they (and the students) learn that it is easier to ignore worldview-related issues. In searching for the least common ethical denominator among the group, the instructors and the instructed clandestinely agree that the values which they hold as specific to their Weltanschauungs do not apply to everyone, and, if they do, the value of enter title, placidity applies even more. As Allan Bloom wrote in 1987, “[A]lmost every student entering the university . . . says he believes . Dissertation Read Online. . . Enter Resume. that truth is relative” (1). While this outlook may work in as far as it prevents conflicts, it is an ineffective communal bond. Help. This is because the values of the enter resume classroom are provisional and–most students cannot help but feel–artificial.

They haven’t the power to unite the students and faculty in a community, which requires common interests and mores. In July, The Magazine published What's the brenner thesis Matter With College, an essay by the historian Rick Perlstein, online and invited college students across the United States to resume, respond. Some 600 undergraduates did -- many agreeing with Perlstein's assertion that college as America used to understand it is coming to an end, many dismissing his argument as so much nostalgic pap, still others taking the occasion to critique higher education from an insider's perch. To continue the simon essay conversation, we're featuring the winning student essay and four runners-up, and posting another 450 of the enter title entries in a searchable format. (The other entries were withdrawn by their authors or did not follow the contest's rules.)