Professay.info #Essay writing on doctor for kids

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay writing on doctor for kids

Essay writing on doctor for kids

Oct/Wed/2017 | Uncategorized

The Doctor Essay- Essay on the …

Essay writing on doctor for kids

Pay for Essay and Get the Best Paper You Need -
Strong>Essay writing on doctor for kids||| - …

Art Museum Essays and Research Papers. Dan Bussiculo November 19, 2005 Ancient Civilizations Museum Project For this project I visited the Metropolitan Museum of . Essay! Art , on at least four different occasions, September 20th being the first visit, the subsequent three I didn't write down. I chose to examine the Ancient Egypt civilization, which is extremely rich in everything from hieroglyphics and statues to jewelry and tombs. The first item I examined was the royal acquaintance Memi and Sabu, from Dynasty 4 2575-2464 BCE. It.

Ancient Egypt , Ancient history , Egypt 837 Words | 3 Pages. Prompts! Denver Art Museum The Denver Art Museum is one of the writing for kids few luxuries Colorado residents and . tourists alike, have the pleasure of experiencing. It is truly a world class facility, from the outside in. Within the confines of its walls reside masterpieces from the analysis likes of Monet, Degas, and Picasso. There is a broad spectrum of art from all corners of the globe represented here. This includes art from various European nations, as well as that of far eastern cultures to American Indian design. Each. 2nd millennium , Art , Art museum 1084 Words | 3 Pages. ?The Museum as a Racist Institute Racism, particularly against writing those of battle run essay, African descent, is essay for kids, a very dark past for the Western world, one that . still prevalently haunts and invades the of water essay thesis future. As racism is a part of societies’ history, cultural institutions that present said history, such as museums , deal with the idea of racism every day in the exhibits within their walls. Essay! Many efforts are made to show how terrible the racism of the analysis 2013 past was and is, but the essay on doctor line between the racism of the of water past and. African American , Art museum , Black people 2204 Words | 7 Pages.

Art Museum as a Ritual Duncan begins her article, “The Art Museum as Ritual,” by comparing . art museums to religious/ceremonial spaces, not only in architectural design but also in writing, their purpose. She states, however, that unlike churches or temples, museums are secular places where “the secular truth became the authoritative truth.” Thus, a separation of knights essay ohio, church and state came to be an, as Duncan states, “religion…kept its authority only for voluntary believers.” She then goes on to the differences. Art museum , Florence , Kunstmuseum Basel 1000 Words | 3 Pages. ?Curtis Hess Museum Experience The outside activity that I chose to do was to visit a museum . The museum in which . I visited was the Brandywine River Museum . This museum is located in Chadds Ford PA, which is right outside of Philadelphia, and like the name says it sits right along the Brandywine River. I went to this fine art museum with my sister who lives in the area and we did not take a guided tour, instead we just walked around on essay writing on doctor for kids our own time and were able to talk about the paintings with. Knights Contest 2011 Ohio! Andrew Wyeth , Brandywine Creek , Brandywine River Museum 1096 Words | 4 Pages. COLEMAN ART MUSEUM The problem: The problem with Coleman Art Museum is the inability to produce . any revenue from the past three years as well as the company had gone into their financial reserves in order to cover costs from losses. Company overview: The Coleman Art Museum (CAM) is a nonprofit corporation located in essay writing on doctor for kids, Universal City, which is a large metropolitan area in the western United States. CAM was founded in essay 2013, 1925, it was originally named Fannel county Museum of Fine Arts . But in 2000.

Art , Art museum , Collection 1700 Words | 6 Pages. Q. Study one louis kahn building and essay writing on doctor express is principles Kimbell Art Museum Kimbell art . museum at fort worth, texas, is considered the crown jewel of Louis Kahn. Friar Is To! The brief demanded for a modern building where natural light should play a vital role and the form to be a work of art of essay writing, modest scale – not overwhelming the viewer and the artwork. The museum is composed of 16 parallel vaults that are each 100 feet (30.5 m) long, 20 feet (6 m) high and run essay 23 feet (7 m) wide (internal measurements). Art museum , Ceiling , Concrete 1190 Words | 4 Pages. ? Denver Art Museum Visit Visiting the Denver Art Museum for the first time can be something of . clouded experienced. There is almost too much for essay on doctor one day for your mind to overcome; the architect, surrounding area and, of course, the many wondrous works of art can overwhelm any first-timer. Although originally dating back all the way to 1948, the Denver Art Museum , as well as the surrounding Civic Center buildings have dramatically changed and nyu stern 2013 become a work of art themselves. As anyone is essay on doctor for kids, driving. Art museum , Arts , Denver 1422 Words | 6 Pages.

Museum of Modern Art and Prominent Figures. 1.) Write the Full form of the following a.)PNG b.) PDF c.)JPEG d.)BASIC e.)ROM f.)DVD g.)GIF h.)LAN i.) VDU j.)CLUT 2.) Match the . following Painters with their arts a. Thesis! Michelangelo ____ A. Morning Haze b. Leonardo Da Vinci ____ B. The Sleeping Gypsy c. Salvador Dali ____ C. Persistence of writing for kids, Memory d. Pablo Picasso ____ D.The Swing e. Henri Rousseau ____ E. The Last Supper f. The Color Of Water Essay Thesis! Henri Matisse ____ F. Gueraica g. Claude Monet ____ G. The Starry Night h. Pierre Auguste. Barnes Foundation , Claude Monet , Henri Matisse 514 Words | 3 Pages. of news about Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) drew my attention. It said that this nonprofit museum suffered decreasing . Writing On Doctor! investment and donation since the worldwide financial crisis in battle of bull, 2008; indeed, it lost about 18% money. It is no doubt that the great power of financial crisis damages the development of nonprofit museums , which rely on the endowments and donations from the individuals, institutions, government, etc. For Kids! There may be some negative expectation on the future of nonprofit museums because of the. Art museum , Federal government of the United States , Manhattan 2661 Words | 7 Pages. ART 185 Museum Of Modern Art: George Seurat. ART -185-SAS07: Art As Communication 3 December 2013 Museum Paper On November 9th, 2013, St. University Essay! Josephs College . hosted a field trip into writing New York City. The purpose of this field trip was to transport us into the city, and have the prompts students visit a major art museum . There were a few different choices, the students had, but most went straight to the Metropolitan Museum of essay writing for kids, Art because the admission to the museum was whatever you want to contribute.

However, we took a different approach. My friend. Essay 2013! Blue , Color , Georges Seurat 925 Words | 3 Pages. Essay On Doctor For Kids! Museums as rituals Scott Cunningham, a writer, once said, “Rituals developed as a means of the color essay thesis, contacting and utilizing the for kids energy . within humans as well as in essay, the nature world” (Ascension Gateway). This thought provoking quote could be used to spark the thinking of how rituals are practiced in our daily secular lives. Carol Duncan does a great job with showing how rituals are practiced in our secular lives; she uses museums to essay, emphasize this point. Carol Duncan’s Civilizing Rituals: Inside. Anthropology of religion , Art museum , Florence 2711 Words | 7 Pages. Louis Kahn: the Salk Institute and pacthesis sim dates Kimbell Art Museum. laboratories and study rooms which are given functionality through the writing on doctor for kids servant spaces (Manrique, 11/08/04). This concept was practiced through out nyu stern essay analysis 2013 most of . For Kids! Kahn's career, but is most notable in his ingenious designs of the Salk Institute and Kimbell Art Museum . The Salk Institute located in La Jolla California is of the most unusual nature.

The building is set up into two large towers separated by a large concrete courtyard. The building is 2011 ohio, arranged in this way because one side of it faces the ocean. Art museum , Harold Pinter , Kimbell Art Museum 1151 Words | 4 Pages. fire and essay writing the lighting bolt to the left also show danger. That’s how the nyu stern essay analysis many formal elements were used through out the essay painting. Winslow Homer’s painting . “The Lifeline” uses American Realism to portray something that really happened. Realism is an art that portrays “form in chicago essay prompts, the natural world in a highly faithful manner” (Getlein 551). Homer uses this to portray a scene of bravery and heroism. For Kids! This painting shows a dramatic rescue of two people suspended above rough waves by a lifesaving device that. Deviantart! History of painting , Painting , Philadelphia 1494 Words | 4 Pages. ? Museum Field Trip Last night I had an amazing experience. I toured museums in multiple States and on two . Writing! Continents.

This also happened to deviantart, be the least expensive cultural experience of my life since it was done from the privacy of my own home. “How is that possible?” you may ask. I toured each museum from my computer. Each museum had its own unique experience, complete with different types and eras of art . All of the art was beautiful in its own way. However, I’d like to. Art museum , Context menu , Graphical user interface 1014 Words | 3 Pages. Should Art Museums Be Democratized? The art museum is a place that collects and preserves very valuable and profound pieces of art created by some of . the most influential artists of all time. Not everyone can understand the emotions and profound ideas that are expressed in essay writing, old works of art . Only a fraction of all people can really appreciate a fine work of art and understand its true meaning. Many people that go to nyu stern analysis, the art museum do not belong. They do not hold the higher level of education needed to look at a painting and see its.

Art , Art museum , Arts 1561 Words | 4 Pages. Art Appreciation Compare and Contrast Vincent Van Gogh and Claude Monet In this Essay I will compare and contrast two paintings. The . first painting is Stairway at Auvers by Vincent Van Gogh. On Doctor For Kids! The painting is one of 80 paintings done by Van Gogh during his stay in Auvers. Sim Dates! Stairway at Auvers was done on July 1890 shortly before his death. The second painting is writing for kids, Water Lilies 1916-1926 by Claude Monet.

Both painting are oil canvas, Water Lilies is one of the color thesis, 250 water lilies paintings done by Monet. Auvers-sur-Oise , Claude Monet , History of painting 1155 Words | 3 Pages. Monica Vaughn Art History I 10 November 2010 Museum Project Ansel Adams, The Tetons and essay The Snake River, Grand Teton National . The Color Of Water Thesis! Park. Essay On Doctor! 1942. Gelatin Silver Print. Featured at Phoenix Art Museum . Phoenix, Arizona. Ansel Adams (1902-1984) was born in San Francisco, California. Nyu Stern Essay! Being raised in the shadows of the essay writing on doctor for kids great Golden Gate Bridge was the of bull run essay motivation for his deep appreciation for nature and his early childhood would become his primary inspiration to pursue photography. Strangely enough the 1906. Ansel Adams , Ansel Adams Wilderness , Art museum 1693 Words | 5 Pages.

The Whitney Museum of American Art has often been referred to a citadel of American Art , partially due to the . Writing On Doctor For Kids! museums facade, a striking granite building (Figure 1), designed by Bauhaus trained architect Marcel Breuer. The museum perpetuates this reference through its biennial review of essay, contemporary American Art , which the writing for kids Whitney has become most famous for. Contest! The biennial has become since its inception a measure of the state of essay writing on doctor, contemporary art in America today. Since the Museum's opening in 1931. Alexander Calder , Art , Arts 1179 Words | 3 Pages.

Background Museum : The McNeil Museum of Art (MMA) is a not-for-profit museum founded in the . city of university prompts, Universal, in essay writing on doctor, the western United States. Originally chartered in 1925, under the founding name Fannel County Museum of Fine Arts , the nyu stern essay 2013 museum went through a name change in 2000 to reflect the museum’s main benefactor, Jonathon A. McNeil. Before the museum went through a name change, however, in on doctor for kids, 1997 MMA benefited from a $28 million dollar bond election. This election allowed MMA to battle run essay, expand their. Collection , Curator , Fee 1482 Words | 5 Pages. Museum of Modern Art in New York Roxanne Briano The Museum of Modern Art in New York City is the . world’s leading modern art . Its exhibits have been a major influence in essay on doctor, creating and stimulating popular awareness of modern art and its accompanying diversity of of columbus contest, its styles and essay for kids movements. The museum’s outstanding collections of modern painting, sculpture, drawings, and prints range from Impressionisms to current movements.

Moreover, there are exhibits of modern architecture, industrial design, sculpture. John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Pacthesis Deviantart! , Modern art , Modernism 1626 Words | 5 Pages. The Metropolitan Museum of Art has one of the finest Asian art collections that has enlightened and strengthened my . understanding in my personal art experience. The Museum itself is an artistic architectural structure that graces the entire block on 82nd Street in Manhattan. Entering inside, I sensed myself going back into an era, into a past where people traded ideas and essay on doctor learned from each other. It is a past, where I still find their works of yesteryears vividly within my grasp, to be remembered. Bodhisattva , Buddhism , China 1591 Words | 5 Pages. ?A Formal Analysis of Art Darlene Traci Kepner ART /101 February 17, 2013 Karen Witt A Formal Analysis of Art . Blame Essay! The visual literacy of essay on doctor for kids, line usage by both artists is extremely different from one another.

Van Gogh's The Starry Night Sayre, H. M, (2010) (Fig.73) and LeWitt's Wall Drawing No. 681” Sayre, H. M, (2010) (Fig.77) portray subject matter of different compositions. However, both depictions of art , also express, different qualities, styles, and eras. Van Gogh is from the eighteenth century. Deviantart Sim Dates! Museo del Prado , Museum of Modern Art , Vincent van Gogh 980 Words | 3 Pages. ? MUSEUM REPORT ‘ISTANBUL MUSEUM of modern art ’ ISTANBUL MUSEUM OF MODERN . ART History of the Museum In 1987, the project of essay for kids, Istanbul Modern arose at the first International Contemporary Art Exhibition, namely the International Istanbul Biennial. Nejat F. Eczac?bas?, founder of Istanbul Foundation of Culture and Arts , impressed by essay analysis 2013, the dynamism of the exhibition and proceeded to establish a modern art museum which is permanent. The Feshane, textile manufacturing. Art museum , Conceptual art , Contemporary art 821 Words | 3 Pages. advisors, scientist, and museum curators from the essay writing for kids J. Paul Getty Museum , were approached by a man possessing a statue known as a . kouros. Gladwell continued by saying that the museum spent fourteen months putting the statue through numerous test and inspections. In the nyu stern essay 2013 fall of 1986, the museum agreed to essay on doctor, buy the statue, and it went on public display for the first time in years.

Here’s where the story takes a turn. Nyu Stern Essay 2013! Thomas Hoving, the former director of the Metropolitan Museum of writing for kids, Art in New York, noticed. Argument , Art museum , Juan de Pareja 1289 Words | 4 Pages. Abstract Art “Abstract art seeks to break away from traditional representation of physical objects. It explores the . relationships of forms and colours, whereas more traditional art represents the world in knights of columbus essay 2011, recognizable images.” In abstract art , the artist uses a style of on doctor, shapes, forms, lines and colours to interpret a subject without actually providing the viewer with recognisable images or symbols. Artists have always found new and different ways to illustrate their world views and thoughts to. Collage , Cubism , De Stijl 1849 Words | 5 Pages. much obvious and it?s possible that his severe attacks further dramatized his brush work. However, there is a consistency to his technique that adds even . Of Water Essay Thesis! more depth as well as a rich texture to this work of art . Starry Night is a beautiful painting, representational in the type of art . The size of the painting is 29 in. by 36 ? in., and writing on doctor oil on canvas were the materials used. Van Gogh is nyu stern essay analysis 2013, using an expressive quality and an emotionalism viewpoint.

On the left side of the painting, there is a. Albert Boime , Arles , Moon 1860 Words | 4 Pages. Cubism Art Cubism is the fragmenting of essay for kids, three-dimensional forms into areas of pattern and color, overlapping and intertwining so that . shapes and parts of the human anatomy are seen from the front and back at the same time. Cubism was first introduced to the world in 1907 by battle of bull, Picasso and Braque. Its introduction, into essay writing on doctor the art world, changed the viewer's visual representation. Pacthesis! This was clearly evident with Picasso's painting, Les Demoiselles d' Avignon (1907). Many found this painting very disturbing.

Collage , Cubism , Georges Braque 803 Words | 3 Pages. Compare and contrast two works of Art. This essay will cover the similarities and differences between two Artworks The Little fourteen -Year- Old Dancer and Baboon and young. Writing On Doctor! Discussion . about this works of the color of water essay thesis, Art will be based on the field man's analysis, thus description, analysis, interpretation and judgement on the subject matter, media and size, location and literal qualities, social, cultural and political issues surrounding the creation of the Artworks but in the form of compare and contrast. I will also discuss how these inspirational. Drawing , Edgar Degas , Female 1311 Words | 4 Pages. children. Andrew was a sickly child and so his mother and essay father made the decision to pull him out of school after he contracted whooping cough. He received . schooling in friar lawrence is to, all subjects including art education. Writing For Kids! Andrew had quite a vivid memory and a fantastic imagination that led to a great fascination for essay art . His father recognized an obvious raw talent that had to be nurtured. While his father was teaching him the basics of traditional academic drawing Andrew began painting watercolor studies of the. Andrew Wyeth , Art museum , John Singer Sargent 785 Words | 3 Pages. next day, my wife convinced me to get up and essay on doctor wobble over to an art museum . Friar Is To Blame! I reluctantly agreed.

Unfortunately, the stuff in writing on doctor for kids, the . museum was limited to badly painted depictions of run essay, stuffy Italian aristocrats from a century that required that people wear stupid hats. Still sick, I came very close to on doctor, vomiting on one of deviantart sim dates, those works of art . If I had, that very painting might now be hanging in the modernistic whacko section of the Whitney Museum , titled, “Portrait of the essay Doge of Genoa Covered in of bull, Puke.” . Art museum , Influenza , Italian language 831 Words | 2 Pages. As an art student, I find the art that we learn about in class very interesting because it is art that I would . On Doctor For Kids! never be interested in, but yet after learning the details I enjoy them. Although I don’t mind learning art through power points, I find physically looking at art more enjoyable. Getting the whole experience of physical artwork is a more exciting way to of water, learn and catches my interest more, which is why I was so excited to visit a new museum and look at some art . For this assignment I decided. Art , Installation art , Light 997 Words | 3 Pages. Essay Writing On Doctor For Kids! Office Art Memo Jeffrey D Covington Hum 112 – World Cultures II Dr. Thesis! Byron Wess Strayer University August 25th, 2013 Abstract In this . paper I will be writing a memorandum to essay writing, my “boss” about various pieces of art (s)he wants me to lawrence is to blame essay, pick out to decorate the new corporate offices.

I will be identifying three examples of writing on doctor for kids, 19th century Impressionist painting or sculpture and essay prompts three Post-Impressionist works. In this memo I will explain how the on doctor for kids six pieces of art fall into these two styles. Also I will. Claude Monet , Impressionism , Musee d'Orsay 1181 Words | 3 Pages. The Art of Byzantine Civilization: An Exhibition during 1261 to 1557. became an official religion. Chicago University Essay Prompts! Christianity affected the Byzantine art . In Byzantine art the writing on doctor main subject of paintings ? icons . (Greek ? image) were holy figures: Christ, the Virgin Mary, the saints, and essay 2013 the apostles. One of the most famous is on doctor, icon with Archangel Gabriel, Byzantine (Constantinople or Sinai?), 13th century. There is the exhibition devoted to the art of Byzantine civilization at the Metropolitan Museum of Art . Nyu Stern Analysis! The exhibition begins in 1261, when the essay writing on doctor for kids capital Constantinople. Angel , Blessed Virgin Mary , Byzantine Empire 442 Words | 3 Pages. the intellect or moral sense.

The manifestation of life in art is one of the most sublimely beautiful things that I have ever encountered. C.S. . Lewis described art’s worth when he wrote, “ Art has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which gives value to survival.” I believe that is the real point behind art ; to bring a kind of contentment that is logistically unnecessary, yet remarkably important. My favorite piece of art is The Starry Night by of columbus essay contest, Vincent Van Gogh. Millions have witnessed. Essay! Albert Boime , Expressionism , Impressionism 857 Words | 3 Pages. Arts painting reflection BobbyByron. ?University of sim dates, Phoenix Material Painting Reflection Worksheet Visit a local art museum , or search the Internet for images of . paintings created from the 1920s to on doctor, the present day.

Insert an image of knights of columbus ohio, each painting into this assignment, and cite each image consistent with APA guidelines. Reflect on the paintings related to the social and cultural events taking place at the time, and answer the following questions. Each response must be between 50 and 100 words. 1. Painting title, artist, date: A. Bombing of Guernica , Christina's World , Grand Canyon 754 Words | 2 Pages. ? Over the past 15 weeks, I have grown to understand, acknowledge and ultimately appreciate art , in writing, a way like never before. From the very . first lesson, and every lesson following I learned something new. Lessons detailing the different elements of art , principles of design and the evolution of art ! Thanks to this course, I am more knowledgeable in a variety of art media’s; architecture, film and video, installation and performance, sculpture, painting, printmaking, and drawing.

I have to say the. Arts , Greek mythology , Installation art 1012 Words | 3 Pages. Journal 1, Humanities, Museum /Fine Art Gallery Visit The Saint Louis Art Museum’s architecture is chicago essay, beautiful. For Kids! . There are many roman influences to the outside of the building including round arches, tall stone columns and roman statues of persons in friar, robes and sandals. The building itself is very inviting and enjoyable to essay, view just from the outside. When entering inside, one will notice the gorgeous marble floors, the lofty ceilings and the roman style pillars, wall trim, steps and hallways. The. Art , Art museum , Cliff 845 Words | 3 Pages. Art is blame, portrayed in essay on doctor for kids, so many different views.

When looking at each piece of art and its cultural background I was interested to . University Essay Prompts! see more. I enjoyed each piece of writing on doctor for kids, art and the inspiration behind it was even more eye opening to me. There is a historical perspective behind each piece of art and we as people have not taken the time to see how art was started. I have never looked at analysis 2013 art in writing on doctor for kids, such a serious way until now, being able to see such a wide variety of art and how each piece was created was very. Friar Is To Essay! Art , Art critic , Art museum 2311 Words | 6 Pages. Office Art Memo Office Art Memo Office Art Memo. Writing For Kids! OFFICE ART MEMO 1 Assignment #2: . Run Essay! Office Art Memo, Brenda Roper Professor Lynn Wilson World Cultures II – HUM 112 March 3, 2013 OFFICE ART MEMO 2 The three impressionist painting I choose is Dance Class by Edgar Degas, Lunchon of the writing on doctor Boating Party by Piette Augustine Renoir. Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec , Impressionism , Musee d'Orsay 1093 Words | 3 Pages. Visual Art Analysis University of Phoenix Stacey Pierce July 19, 2010 Dream caused by the flight of a bee around a pomegranate, a second . before waking up By Salvador Dali, 1994, 51?40.5 cm, oil on canvas Thyssen-bornemisza collection. “A typical dream with a long theme, the consequences of a sudden accident that causes the awakening” –Salvador Dali. The Style the artist has used is Surrealism., Salvador created this piece in such a way that the picture looks exaggerated and real. Color , Color theory , Focal point 948 Words | 3 Pages.

Ringling Museum of Art and Ca d'Zan Mansion As you turn into long the road leading to the Ringling Museum of . Art , you can see the magnificent building just ahead at the end of the road. The Ringling Museum of deviantart, Art has the look of many fabulous mansions and museums in Europe. The museum and mansion are located on approximately 66 acres of land next to essay on doctor for kids, the Sarasota Bay; the land was purchased by essay, Mr. Essay Writing! Ringling during the 1920s as part of the boom which took place during that time. The Ringling. 1920s , Circus , Florida 1014 Words | 3 Pages. Metropolitan Museum of lawrence is to essay, Art - Case Study.

Executive Summary The New York Metropolitan Museum of the Art is essay on doctor for kids, a non-profit institution with an established history as a . behemoth of the artistic world. It was founded and maintains today the mission of “establishing and maintaining in the city of New York a museum and library of art , of encouraging and developing, the study of the chicago prompts fine arts , and the application of arts to manufacturing and practical life, of advancing the general knowledge of kindred subjects, and, to that end, of furnishing. Essay Writing For Kids! Art museum , Manhattan , Metropolitan Museum of Art 4649 Words | 14 Pages. When taking a trip to the Norton Museum of Art I chose a one dimensioned painting called Adam that was located on the first . floor. The artist is Nicholas Carone and nyu stern essay analysis 2013 was painted in 1956. To the left of the painting, Adam, was another painting named Personage which was painted by essay writing for kids, Robert Mothewell in 1943. Personage is an battle abstract oil painting on canvas with multiple different colors. To the right of Adam was a sculpture called Sea Quarry and essay writing for kids was created by friar lawrence is to essay, Theodore Roszak.

The sculpture was not an. Art museum , Expressionism , History of painting 606 Words | 2 Pages. Art analysis- Dream caused by the flight of a bee around a pomegranate, a second before waking up By Salvador Dali, 1994, 51?40.5 cm, oil . on canvas Thyssen-bornemisza collection “A typical dream with a long theme, the consequences of a sudden accident that causes the awakening” –Salvador Dali. The Style the artist has used is Surrealism, Salvador has done this piece in essay on doctor for kids, such a way though that the essay picture looks exaggerated and real. As it shows highlights, shadows and shapes of a realism. Writing On Doctor! Color , Color theory , Focal point 1014 Words | 3 Pages. The Art of Travel Rheotrical Analysis. ?Kirsten Cooper Lara Jacobs WRTG 3020 2/4/13 The Art of Darkness: Beauty’s Dependence on Darkness in knights essay contest ohio, The Art of essay writing on doctor for kids, Travel “There . was only one way to possess beauty properly, and that was by understanding it, by making oneself conscious of the factors (psychological and visual) responsible for it” (de Botton 216). In The Art of Travel, Alain de Botton encourages the sim dates reader to view the world through an artistic eye, one which is attuned to detail. By doing so, one can comprehend beauty by becoming ardently. Aesthetics , Alain de Botton , Cypress 1136 Words | 5 Pages. A Day at the Orlando Museum of Art.

Day at the Museum In the history of humanity, civilizations have always made a place for writing on doctor fine arts or works to be displayed to . the people; we know these places as galleries and museums . 2013! Presently many different genres of art are displayed but many of these works are similar in the fact that they are all influenced by styles developed in the early twentieth century. Writing! I went to visit a museum recently, I viewed the art it was filled with, and I left with a different view of art than when I had arrived. 2007 albums , 20th century , Art 1026 Words | 3 Pages. Nyu Stern Essay 2013! recognizable piece of art . Salvador Dali was born on May 11th, 1904 in Catalonia, Spain (Dali). Persistence of essay writing, Memory was done in 1931, while . he was living in Paris, France (Dali). Run Essay! The work itself is a surrealist landscape, which stays true to his style throughout his career.

Persistence of Memory is full of symbolism and has many elements of art within the piece. By dissecting the various parts of images used in Dali’s piece, we can begin to writing on doctor for kids, pick apart the different elements of art found and pull meanings. The Color Essay! Element , Great Depression , Museum of Modern Art 1108 Words | 3 Pages. bed, I see it on a daily basis and essay writing always can think of university essay, something new when I look at it. This is Salvador Dali’s abstract art in which he does . best. Dali is a well-known Spaniard surrealist. The name of the painting is The Apparition of Face and Fruit Dish on a Beach.

The artwork is so odd causing the explanation to be hard. Illusionistic Surrealism is one form of art that is portrayed very well in dalis artwork. The Big picture looking at it from afar you will see a dog, a table, wine glass. Dog , Face , Faces 994 Words | 3 Pages. ? Formal Analysis of essay on doctor, Art Nancy H. Wieczorek Arina Melkozemova University of . Phoenix September 28, 2014 [Title Here, up to 12 Words, on One to knights 2011 ohio, Two Lines] Formal Analysis Question 1 Van Gogh Gallery, 1889) (Every stock photo, 1968) When comparing Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night painting lines to Sol Lewitt's The Wall Drawing No. 681, the lines.

Albert Boime , Diego Velazquez , Metropolitan Museum of Art 1141 Words | 7 Pages. I've never had a chance to writing for kids, visit any museum in 2013, real life, and it's even harder for me now since I've just arrived to the USA for writing 3 months. But . Essay 2013! I'm an art addicted, so I usually visit famous museums around the essay writing for kids world on essay analysis 2013 the internet. One Of my favourite museums is The Walters Art Museum . The Walters Art Museum in Baltimore, Maryland is internationally renowned for its collection of art , which was amassed substantially by two men, William and Henry Walters, and eventually bequeathed to. 20th century , 20th Century Fox , Art museum 346 Words | 2 Pages. ? Museum as Framing Devices A museum is an institution devoted to the procurement, care, study and display of for kids, objects of friar lawrence is to blame, lasting . interest or value1. Museums are not used for making profit or for for kids economic purpose. They are intended to attract visitors, to admire and to educate people with important pieces of humanity’s history.

They contain permanent or temporary exhibitions of art all of thesis, around the world. However, museums “frame” or shapes our understanding of the writing for kids works of art they exhibit. A long. Lawrence Is To! Antony Gormley , Art , Art museum 1116 Words | 3 Pages. Essay On Doctor! Art Criticism on is to Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night. great work of art . The painting includes an 11 star and crescent moon filled night sky, a mountainous background of a small Dutch cityscape . with a large building, which appears to be a church. Finally, to the left foreground of the essay on doctor for kids picture is an overpowering dark likeness of what appears to be flames.

The sky also appears to chicago university essay, be swirling viscously with wind. Starry Night is currently on exhibit in Atlanta where it has been since 2000. As I began my formal analysis of essay writing on doctor, this piece of art , I decided that. Arles , Expressionism , Museum of Modern Art 1074 Words | 3 Pages. Herzog-Anton-Ulrich- Museum , Braunschweig. (126 x 167 cm) 3 Glackens, William. Family Group. 1910.

Oil on canvas. National Gallery of . Art , Washington D. Of Bull Run Essay! C. (183 x 213 cm) 4 Gerard, Marguerite. The First Steps. 1788. Oil on canvas. Yuspuov Palace Museum , Leningrad. (45.5 x 55 cm) 5 van Gogh, Vincent. First Steps. 1890.

Oil on essay canvas. Essay Analysis 2013! The Metropolitan Museum of Art , New York. (72.4 x 91.1 cm) 6 Caillebotte, Gustave. Paris, A Rainy Day. 1877. Oil on canvas. Art Institute of Chicago. Expressionism , Impressionism , Metropolitan Museum of Art 616 Words | 5 Pages. Exploring Every Detail Museums are mirrors of rich culture and history reflective of the rise of a nation through time.

Treasure of . art and culture is what we can expect while on a visit to the museum . Art lovers simply love the museums for their great collection of essay writing for kids, rare paintings and sculptors dating back several centuries. They offer the university visitor a glimpse into the past culture of any given city or country by displaying relics found throughout the for kids world. It was with great anticipation that. Battle of Trenton , Emanuel Leutze , George Washington 1180 Words | 4 Pages. of essay thesis, Pierre Konowaloff, Paris, France, v. On Doctor! The Metropolitan Museum of Art New York, New York, Pierre Konowaloff alleges that the . Metropolitan Museum of Art acquired, displayed and retained a piece of art that was confiscated by the Russian Bolshevik regime from his great-grandfather in 1918. After gaining power in 1917, the Bolshevik regime issued decrees nationalizing property, and abolishing the private ownership of land and making museums property of the state. Pacthesis Deviantart! The Bolsheviks continued by confiscated.

Appeal , Law , Law of the United States 673 Words | 5 Pages. 08/03/2013 Asian Art Museum Are ancient arts impressive for current generation? I had experience to visit . museum when I was in back home Ethiopia. Until by any coincidence, visiting museum is one of my experiences in essay on doctor for kids, my free time. In the first August this year, I visited The Collection of Asian Arts Museum which located in Downtown Dallas. Of Water! When I visited the museum , it made me a nice impression. Afterward, I asked myself, do this generation have appreciation for ancient art ? In my visitation. Art museum , Buddhism , Florence 570 Words | 2 Pages. Diggs Art Appreciation- Art 100 Adam Veil November 21, 2014 I decided to do my museum visit essay . Essay Writing On Doctor For Kids! paper on the Torpedo Factory Art Center.

I chose this particular museum because it’s located in Old Town Alexandria about battle, ten minutes from my house. So when I dropped my son off for school I hopped on the bus and went there early Friday morning. During my visit to the Torpedo Factory Art Center on November 21, 2014 I got to see many different forms of on doctor for kids, art and although this museum isn’t. Aesthetics , Art , History of painting 902 Words | 4 Pages. Koen Art History: From the Early Modern to of columbus, the Contemporary May 30, 2014 Assignment 3: Comparative Analysis of Neoclassical and Romantic . Art In this essay I am comparing two works of art , one Neoclassical Style and the other Romantic Style. For the Neoclassical style I chose Jacques-Louis David for his artwork of, The Death of on doctor for kids, Socrates, 1787.

For the Romantic style I chose William Blake for his artwork of Pity, ca. Chicago Essay! 1795. For Kids! Both of these artists believed in the morality and creating true art , by. Eugene Delacroix , Jacques-Louis David , Johann Joachim Winckelmann 903 Words | 4 Pages. ? Danny Caceres ART 201 Reaction Paper: Visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art Professor Applegate . Reaction Paper: Visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art The Metropolitan Museum of Art has one of the largest art collections in nyu stern essay analysis 2013, the world. The museum also known as The Met is an enormous, marvelous architectural structure that takes up the for kids entire block on 82nd street in chicago, Manhattan. Writing! The Met has around two billion art pieces stored and displayed in its art galleries. Entering inside, I recognized.

Ancient Egypt , Coptic language , Egypt 1895 Words | 8 Pages.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
Short essay for kids on if I were a doctor

How to get into for kids Contract Programming? There are several types of Software Contractors; each requires a slightly different answer. Temporary Hire . These are folks that really want a full time permanent job but will take a contract job as a temporary fill in. Battle Of Bull! Sometimes clients will use contract-to-hire as a way of trying out a potential employee before making a commitment. We don’t consider these folks as true Independent Software Contractors but rather more like employees in transition. Consultant. Essay For Kids! This is the other end of the spectrum where these folks are specialist in some specific area and have already established themselves with a lot of contacts. Lawrence Essay! Normally these folks don’t actually do much coding but rather do studies and essay writing for kids, assistance in determining how to approach a problem.

Their salaries are usually high but the gigs are short and this is a tough area to break into. It often takes years of working as an chicago essay, employee for a prestigious company to establish a reputation in a nice little niche in which they can be an expert with little competition. They have to cultivate contacts long before they step out on their own and then they must spend a great deal of time marketing in order to on doctor for kids, keep the jobs coming in. Contract coding. Most Software Contractors fall into this area. These are folks that work as contractors at client sites to friar lawrence, just do coding (or perhaps software testing). The gigs run from 6 months to a year but almost never more than 2 years. Since they are not an employee of the for kids client they avoid all of the internal politics and essay analysis 2013, most meetings…they just “get things done”. There are a few software contractors that are able to work as software contractors and operate as their own Corp or LLC business. However, most become employees of a Software Contracting Agent.

This is the writing on doctor type of contractor I would like to address here. So, let me explain how this works: First, think about what type of gig you would like. What skills do you have to offer and what new skills (or experience) would you like to acquire. Obviously you have to have enough skills to knights of columbus ohio, get a job but it is always good to look for jobs that might have some aspect that is a little bit of a reach for you.

This keeps your resume expanding with new skills. You also want to think about where you want to writing on doctor for kids, work. If you are willing to relocate you have a much larger selection of jobs to choose from run essay but if you cannot, consider the commute. The contract gig is about 6 to 12 months so be sure you are willing to commute the distance for that duration of time. Jobs that are totally performed over the internet are rare, often lower pay, and competition for those jobs is on doctor for kids, heavy. Next you register yourself in the ScGuild.com so you have a place to post your resume where the Google search engines can index it. Then you register yourself with as many Job Databases as you can (at least those that allow you to nyu stern, label yourself as a software contractor). The largest of these is Dice.com. Most contract agents look in writing on doctor, Dice but they have to pay to get your resume. So if you know of any contract agents go ahead and send your resume directly to them as well. Be sure to chicago university essay, check out the agent on the web before you contact them or reply to their query to be sure you would be willing to do business with them.

When you talk to them by essay on doctor phone and you cannot understand their heavy accent, then perhaps you might want to consider a different agent. It is also an advantage to have an agent that has an the color, office near you (or at least in essay on doctor for kids, the city where the contract work will be performed). Both ScGuild and Dice have lots of software contract jobs listed. You can look through the jobs and pick some of interest and essay, contact the agent posting the essay writing job. The contact for a job will most likely be an agent and not the end client. You will also start getting job query calls and email from the agents that you have registered with. You may get 2-3 job queries per day in battle of bull, your email. Many of the on doctor for kids jobs may not be even close to the type of job you are interested in. Knights Of Columbus! But consider dealing with those as part of the cost of doing business. Once you find a job that sounds interesting and meets your criteria you contact the agent and let the essay on doctor agent submit your resume to the client.

Ethically they will not submit your resume to a client without your approval. When you give that approval, be sure to record which agent is doing the deviantart sim dates submission, to which client (and manager if available) and the date and time of that approval. It is ok to submit your resume to many jobs at the same time and it is ok to use multiple agents (as long as they are different clients). Agents may not want to tell you who the client is because competition among agents is fierce but you need to know who the client is before approving a submission. The same job may be offered by different agents and sometimes it is hard to tell they are the same from the essay job description. Friar Is To Blame! But this is important because if a client receives your resume from two different agents your resume will be automatically rejected. Clients do not want to get involved with legal issues around who had the right to offer your resume. My personal policy is that a client (not just the job) “belongs” to the first agent that told me about it and I try to avoid having any other agent submit me for writing for kids any job on essay thesis, the same client unless it is a very large client and it is obviously a different manager. If you are lucky you will be contacted for essay writing an interview for one of the jobs that you were submitted for. Sometimes there will be a preliminary screening by phone but if the pacthesis sim dates client is interested in you they will ask you to come in for a job interview.

For most clients, an essay writing on doctor for kids, interview for a contract job is not as rigorous as it might be for an employee job. But be prepared. Do your research on the color of water thesis, the client and essay on doctor, the job as much as you can so you have some idea as to how to answer their questions in their context and point out the skills that you have that would best match their job. As a contractor you will be doing a lot of these interviews so after a while you will get good at essay it. During the job interview the client will probably spend some time talking about the job. Essay Writing! Take some notes. Knights Of Columbus Essay Contest! In many cases this will be the only time someone will take time to explain both broadly and in essay writing on doctor, detail what they want you to do. If the of bull run essay client picks you to be the for kids contractor, you will be contacted by nyu stern analysis the agent and asked to writing, come in and sign a contract. If you have other jobs for the color of water thesis which you have also had interviews you can drag your feet a little before accepting if you think you might like one of the other jobs better but it is a risk. I usually take the bird-in-hand, the first gig offered.

When you accept a gig, you must immediately send notices to all other agents which have submitted your resume and writing, let them know that you are no longer available. Chicago! It is unfair to them if you don’t notify them right away. When you arrive at the office of the agent you will be presented with a contract to sign. PLEASE read all of it. This contract has been carefully crafted by essay writing on doctor very expensive lawyers to be in knights of columbus 2011, the best interest of the agent and not you. Essay Writing On Doctor! Most agents belong to an association of agents and pay into the color essay thesis a legal defense fund. This fund can be used to hire lawyers to defend the agent against you or sue you if you default on essay writing for kids, any term in the contract.

Consequently all agents in 2011 ohio, the association use the same contract. So, be sure you carefully read each clause and ask if you do not understand a clause. You can ask to have a clause changed more to your liking but I have never been successful in getting them to change it. The contract will most likely contain clauses that state that you cannot work for the client (except through the agent) in any capacity for essay writing for kids up to 2 years after your contract expires (the Non-compete clause) and of water thesis, any work you perform becomes the intellectual property of the essay for kids client, not you. The contract must also state the hourly rate at which you will be paid and sometimes there will be a cap on the number of hours per week you are allowed to work.

You will be paid when the client pays the sim dates agent. Payment to you may not always be weekly. The agent assumes no risk. Essay For Kids! You assume all of the risk if the client does not pay the bill. If you cannot live with the wording in the contract then you must be prepared to walk away from it without the gig. This is just the chicago university way it is. The agent adds their fee to your billing rate and writing for kids, will obtain a contract with the knights of columbus 2011 ohio client. The agent’s fee is normally around 30%.

If they can get you to go lower on your rate sometimes their fee can be even higher. The agent will not tell you how much they get from the client. Sometimes the client can tell you how much you are costing them but often they are prevented from essay on doctor for kids telling you in their contract. Once you sign the friar blame contract, you become the employee of the agent as far as taxes are concerned. Each week you will submit a statement of the essay hours that you worked, signed by the client, and the agent will send you a check, minus the deductions for taxes and benefits when the client pays the agent.

Expect a fairly long delay to get the first check. Nyu Stern Analysis 2013! It is a very good idea to have at least a two month salary cushion in your bank account to cover the lags in payment. The agency may offer a benefit package with health and life insurance but the contractors usually must pay all costs. Often you can get better insurance at lower cost as an individual. So shop around for insurance and set up your own retirement plan. Once you start a gig, it is very bad form to quit before it is complete.

This is not like an employee relationship…you signed a contract that you will perform the work at essay writing on doctor for kids that location for that duration of time. You have an obligation. The client can dismiss you at any time without notice for nyu stern no reason but you are not allowed to just quit. If you do, you can be sued or at least you will find that the writing on doctor for kids agents in your local area talk to each other and you may end up on a black list. If the pacthesis job turns out to be a really bad environment, suck it up and do what you need to do to finish. If you finish the essay writing on doctor project early the client may let you out by terminating your contract early. Of Columbus Ohio! You don’t have to essay writing, renew the contract so there is always an sim dates, out eventually. While you are on a contract, cultivate the essay writing on doctor contacts among the supervisors and fellow workers on the job. The non-compete clause of run essay your contract prevents you from by-passing the writing agent and working directly for of bull the client during the non-compete period but after that it is fair game.

Also, supervisors do move to essay writing, other companies and you never know where these contacts will surface. It is good to know someone on battle, the inside when applying for a contract job. Also, keep your ear to writing, the ground. Be aware of where projects are being re-assigned or cancelled and the general financial health of the client. After a while you will learn to sense when change is afoot. It is battle of bull, then that you want to be looking at other contract jobs so you are ready to submit your resume as soon as you are told your contract is terminated.

If you do this right there will not be a gap in your income. You don’t qualify for essay on doctor for kids unemployment benefits so you need to be nimble. At the end of 2011 ohio a contract, renewals are often offered for those contractors that have worked out well, assuming there is more work to be done. However, most clients will put a cap of 1-1/2 to 2 years that someone can work as a contractor. This is because of the uncertainty written into the federal tax laws. Essay On Doctor For Kids! If someone contracts too long at of columbus contest ohio a client, the IRS may decide that they are really an employee of that client and require the writing on doctor client to pay back withholding and fines even if the contractor has paid taxes. Most clients don’t want to risk it and impose the cap. As a rule-of-thumb always give a little more than the client asks for, even if it means working a few unpaid hours. Prompts! After working with a client for writing on doctor a while you will see what things matter the most to the client. It is amazing what giving a little extra attention in those areas will do for your reputation…and future work.

Cyber Security is Crucial for Small Business Owners. Cyber Security is Crucial for Small Business Owners. Cyber security has become a hot topic for consumers and businesses alike. With many corporate organizations being breached over the course of a few years, it has many people on high alert as it pertains to nyu stern 2013, protecting sensitive data both on and offline. Though small business owners might assume that they are less likely to be hit than major companies – think again. Why Small Businesses Are Targeted.

Though you may have read about security breaches within companies like Home Depot and Target, small business are often the targets for hackers. Essay For Kids! Small businesses essentially have more digital assets, which can be beneficial to cyber criminals. Not to mention that with a smaller budget, many small corporations don’t have the same layers of protection that a larger firm would have. While there may be no direct reason for your small business to be attacked, what antivirus companies and professionals are learning is that attacks are typically carried out with the use of software on a larger scale. The moment businesses establish digital platforms such as websites, blogs, or social media accounts, hackers are likely scanning it for knights essay contest 2011 ohio vulnerabilities. What Are the Most Common Forms of Attack? There are several types of essay on doctor cyber attacks that can take place. While many of these are the result of external sources (i.e. Of Bull Run Essay! hackers, viruses, malware) it is also possible for the breach to on doctor for kids, come from within.

Data Breaches – At the top of the list are data breaches. A data breach is an occasion in which sensitive, confidential business information is accessed, stolen, or distributed by an unauthorized individual. This could include consumer contact information, company strategies and financial reports, and other relevant business property and trade secrets. Investing in cloud based security systems, such as Trend Micro’s virtualization security, protects businesses from potential data breaches by setting up firewalls and backing up all stored information. Advanced Persistent Threats – APTs are long term attacks in which a hacker will break into the company’s network. The trick is the breach is done in several stages to sim dates, prevent detection. There are ideally five stages to an APT, which include researching the target, delivering malware, discovering internal defenses, retrieving data on essay writing on doctor, a periodic basis, and exploiting that information. Distributed Denial of Service – DDoS attacks are the essay prompts act of intentionally overloading a server. On Doctor For Kids! The main objective with this attack is to shut down the company’s website or network system.

Users are then unable to access their site which can ultimately lead to battle of bull run essay, the demise of your business operations or at writing the very least a ruined reputation. Internal Attacks – As explained previously, attacks don’t always come from an unknown source, they can easily come from someone within the organization. An employee with administrative privileges intentionally uses their information to the color essay, access confidential company documents and data. While this attack could take place with a current employee, it is usually the work of a disgruntled employee who was recently fired. Malware – Another attack is with malware. This is best defined as malicious software. It is a program that might be sent to a company computer.

When accessed, the program causes damage or allows unauthorized access to company information. There are several types of malware each with their own set of risks. This includes viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware. Phishing – One of the most common cyber thefts is phishing. This is when pertinent data is writing for kids, collected such as login credentials, credit card, or banking information. It typically occurs through a website or email that looks legitimate but isn’t.

When users access this link or site, they enter personal information which is later used for essay fraudulent purchases and other reasons. Though modern technology has provided businesses with a wealth of conveniences, it can also be the very thing that causes a company to crumble. If you believe that being a small business will protect you from the above mentioned threats, you should really reconsider. By investing in antivirus software and educating your staff, you can ultimately prevent a lot of these cyber attacks from taking place within your organization. Surviving in the Software Contractor World. Becoming a contractor is essay on doctor for kids, a bold move, and for many people, it is such a daunting idea that they would not even consider taking such a step. Knights Of Columbus Contest! This is writing on doctor for kids, why the rewards are potentially enormous, and not just from a financial standpoint.

Contractors might be perceived as experiencing less security or perhaps certainty than people in permanent roles, but the pay-off for nyu stern analysis that is essay, significantly more freedom and flexibility. A contractor is essentially his or her own boss and while this comes with additional responsibilities, it provides a means of control over one’s life that permanent employees rarely, if ever, get to experience. Software experts, like most IT professionals, are particularly well suited to contractor roles and are therefore well-placed to of water thesis, enjoy the benefits of this type of career and the associated lifestyle. Here are some things to consider to ensure success when working as a software contractor. Emphasize specialist skills. The work of a software expert tends to essay writing on doctor for kids, be based on projects and therefore has an run essay, inherently temporary nature.

In addition, so many organizations now require specialist software support in which such individuals can find themselves in demand in a wide range of for kids industries. Understanding one’s specialist skills, and ensuring these are presented in the most impressive way, is key to winning new business. Build a network. Chicago University! Publicity is also critical to winning new business, and word-of-mouth is the best way to achieve that publicity. Recommendations and writing on doctor for kids, testimonials from previous employers are very helpful and provide essential credibility. A strongly maintained network of fellow IT professionals will also serve as a means of identifying new employment opportunities. Of Bull! Finally, it is writing for kids, also potentially a way of ensuring one’s skills remain up-to-date so that career progression is not neglected. Get organized.

Being one’s own boss sounds very appealing, but it means being individually responsible for deviantart a wide range of things that an essay writing for kids, employer would typically take care of and that many people therefore take for of water thesis granted. Responsibilities such as pay and taxes can be time-consuming and onerous, and enlisting the support of an umbrella organization such as www.atlantic-umbrella.com can be hugely helpful, as they will take care of essay on doctor this sort of nyu stern essay analysis thing, freeing up the individual to devote his or her time and effort to the profit-making side of their business. Daunting but rewarding. The decision to on doctor for kids, become a contractor, whether it is made by someone at the start of of water his or her working life or someone who is considering a career change, is essay for kids, not one to be taken lightly. Such a transition is more than just a change of employment.

In reality, it entails a whole new lifestyle and every element of this must therefore be carefully thought through to ensure it is the right move for the individual. It is daunting, but it is also potentially rewarding and fortunately, all it takes is pacthesis sim dates, some careful research and the right sort of preparation to guarantee the best possible chance of success.

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers -
Essay writing service Exceptionally …

Orwell#8217;s 1984: Privacy Issues and Public Manipulation. The links related to privacy issues taught me all of the negative things that come along with modern technology and essay on doctor for kids social websites. Friar Is To. In Tom Head’s Big Brother is Watching , he says that “as technology improves, privacy as we know it will inevitably evaporate; the best we can hope for essay is the power to watch the watchers.” By this he means that with the advancement of the color of water, technology comes the decline of individual privacy. Essay For Kids. This holds true in nyu stern 2013, my opinion, because I believe that the use of modern technology is linked to writing on doctor, the decline is personal relations, and the decline of personal relationships is linked to the weakening value associated with privacy. There are other ways that privacy is currently invaded other than the use of social media sites.

For starters, the CIFA has previously “exceeded its authority and the color of water essay thesis conducted unauthorized spying on innocent people and organizations,” (The Other Big Brother). They have even acknowledged that some reports may contain information on U.S. citizens and groups that “never should have been obtained.” Also, this same source states that the National Security Agency to monitor telephone conversations in the U.S. It has been proven, according to this source, that CIFA’s database has contained information that “may have violated regulations,” because the department isn’t allowed to essay for kids, retain information about citizens for more than 90 days unless there is a reasonable belief that the person is linked to terrorism or foreign intelligence. Knights Contest Ohio. This regulation has been violated. Also in use are video surveillance, face recognition software, GPS tracking, all of which go beyond the human eye and the evidence these technologies hold leaves an unsettling feeling to on doctor for kids, potential “victims,” (Tana Ganeva, Massive New Biometric Database ). The links related to public manipulation showed me that things aren’t always as they seem. There was one link that confirmed that the portrait of Abraham Lincoln was actually Lincoln’s head painted atop of John Calhoun’s body.

The link “Orwell and March Madness” talked about an advertisement stating that African-American male student athletes are 10% more likely to graduate. Essay Analysis. A comparison of college basketball players with other full-time student proves otherwise—that the essay writing, athletes were 20% less likely to essay analysis, graduate than non-athletes. This link, (Orwell and March Madness) directly reminded me of the scene in essay writing for kids, 1984 where Winston overhears the telescreen state that the chicago university essay prompts, chocolate rations had been raised to 20g when he knew for essay for kids a fact that the rations had just been dropped to 20g from 30g. In Oceania, the people believe whatever Big Brother tells them to believe. If the telescreen says rations of goods have been raised, then they have been raised. If the telescreen says that conditions today are better than the conditions of the past, it is truth. If the telescreen reports that they are at war with Eurasia, they have always been at war with Eurasia and Eastasia has always been their allied country. The people of Oceania are constantly manipulated by their government to believe that Big Brother is their provider, protector, and savior. Either they mask their realization and pretend to believe in the Party, they really don’t realize that they’re being manipulated, or they are punished and tortured in nyu stern, the Ministry of Love like Winston is in essay on doctor for kids, the very end of the novel. The telescreens can always see and hear whatever is going on, both in public and private settings. There are no secrets and there is analysis 2013 no privacy.

They have eyes and ears everywhere, in technological forms and in the form of undercover spies, like Mr. Charrington. If someone is acting or believed to be thinking suspiciously, that person is writing captured, tortured, and pacthesis executed, then vaporized into an imaginary non-existence. All of this happens simply because the government, Big Brother, has some sort of inkling that one person is not thinking and behaving exactly like the rest. It could potentially be caused by nothing more than mere suspicion, suspicion that wouldn’t exist if it weren’t for the governmental spies—the Thought Police and the telescreens.

The technology of Oceania’s society is the core of its societal and essay writing for kids moral destruction. This brings me back to Tom Head’s statement: “As technology improves, privacy as we know it will inevitably evaporate; the best we can hope for is the power to watch the watchers.” In Oceania, their technology was so advanced that the nyu stern, people were continuously watched, leaving them no privacy. The best the people there could hope for essay was the blame essay, existence of The Brotherhood—an organization conspiring to overthrow the unjust Big Brother—or a revolt against Big Brother himself. The could only hope to free themselves by watching Big Brother watch them, see what he sees in order to do what he is incapable of essay writing on doctor, seeing. While George Orwell’s ideas about governmental surveillance were far-fetched at the time, and pacthesis deviantart still seem over-the-top today, his underlying interpretation of the essay writing for kids, future government holds true. We are watched and our activities are monitored by battle our government, though not to the severity assumed by essay for kids Orwell in 1984. Researching the privacy issues and the ways our government manipulates the public opinion by use of advertisements makes me feel like I ought to be more cautious, especially when on pacthesis sim dates, the internet.

I have also learned that in order to know the truth behind certain ads, I ought to research that ad, not just trust it for what it is. Some may say the current state of government surveillance is minimal and doesn’t make much difference, and writing on doctor perhaps that is true, however, what level may it reach in the near future?

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
Short essay for kids on if I were a doctor

essay on the arawaks Below is an overview of the Arawak#047;Taino Native Americans, the original natives of the land today called Haiti (and Dominican Republic). This is writing, not so much an original treatment, but I pulled a lot of material together from about a dozen sources, so it's more like an extended report. The topics I treat are#058; Lifestyle of the Arawak#047;Taino Housing and nyu stern analysis 2013, Dress Food and Agriculture Transportation Defense Religion and Myth The genocidal end of the Arawak#047;Taino Specific Indian leaders at the time of Columbus (The five caciques of the time) I cordially invite comments. If you find that you do not agree with this report in some point, or you wish to add something that I chose not to on doctor, include, or you wish to ask me and knights essay contest 2011 ohio, others for on doctor for kids, further information, please don't hesitate to essay 2013, write and essay on doctor, ask. THE ARAWAK#047;TAINO NATIVES OF THE ISLAND OF HISPANIOLA (HAITI) On December 6th, 1492 Christopher Columbus landed at Mole St. Nicholas in Haiti's north.

Thus began a totally new phase of life on the island of Hispaniola. Most people are aware that Christopher Columbus landed at blame, San Salvador on October 12th, 1492, thus discovering the New World for Spain. Less known is essay writing for kids, that his second land fall was at Mole St. Nicholas, Haiti on December 1492, or that the first settlement in the New World was La Navidad, on of columbus contest 2011 ohio Haiti's north coast. This settlement, which housed sailors from the Santa Maria which sank off Haiti's coast, was founded on December 24th, 1492.

Columbus did not discover a lost or unknown land. There was a flourishing civilization of native Americas. The primary group was the Arawak#047;Taino Indians. Arawak is the writing on doctor, general group to which they belong, and describes especially the common language that this group of native Americans shared. The Color Essay Thesis. They ranged from on doctor, Venezuela through the Caribbean and Central America all the way to Florida. However, the particular group of Arawak-speaking people who lived on the island of pacthesis sim dates, Hispaniola was the Taino Indians. To keep both names before us, I'll use the term Arawak#047;Taino to refer to essay on doctor, them. The Arawak#047;Taino society was basically a very gentle culture. Nyu Stern Essay Analysis 2013. It was characterized by happiness, friendliness and a highly organized hierarchical, paternal society, and a lack of guile. Each society was a small kingdom and the leader was called a cacique. At the time of Columbus there were five different kingdoms on the island of Hispaniola.

The Indians practiced polygamy. Most men had 2 or 3 wives, but the caciques had as many as 30. It was a great honor for essay on doctor, a woman to be married to a cacique. Not only did she enjoy a materially superior lifestyle, but her children were held in high esteem. The Arawak#047;Taino used two primary architectural styles for their homes. The general population lived in circular buildings with poles providing the primary support and these were covered with woven straw and palm leaves. They were somewhat like North American teepees except rather than being covered with skins they needed to reflect the warmth of the climate and simply used straw and palm leaves. The caciques were singled out for unique housing.

Their houses were rectangular and even featured a small porch. Despite the difference in shape, and the considerably larger buildings, the same materials were used. When the Africans came beginning in battle of bull, 1507 they introduced mud and for kids, wattle as primary building materials. However, there is no record of the Arawak#047;Tainos having used these materials. The house of the the color, cacique contained only writing on doctor for kids, his own family. However, given the number of wives he might have, this constituted a huge family.

The round houses of the common people were also large. Each one had about 10-15 men and their whole families. Thus any Arawak#047;Taino home might house a hundred people. The houses did not contain much furniture. People slept in cotton hammocks or simply on mats of banana leaves. They also made wooden chairs with woven seats, couches and built cradles for friar lawrence blame, their children. In addition to essay on doctor, houses the typical Arawak#047;Taino village contained a flat court in the center of the village which was used for ball games and various festivals, both religious and secular. Houses were around this court. This was a hierarchical society, and while there was only one cacique who was paid a tribute (tax) to oversee the village, there were other levels of sub-caciques, who were not paid, but did hold positions of honor. They were liable for of columbus contest 2011, various services to the village and cacique. Stone making was especially developed among the Arawak#047;Tainos, but they seem not to essay writing on doctor, have used it at all in building houses.

It was primarily used for tools and especially religious artifacts. The men were generally naked, but the women sometimes wore short skirts. Men and women alike adorned their bodies with paint and shells and other decorations. The Arawak#047;Taino diet, like ours, centered around meat or fish as the pacthesis, primary source of protein. There never were many wild animals to hunt on writing on doctor Hispaniola, but there were some small mammals that were hunted and enjoyed. Pacthesis Sim Dates. They also ate snakes, various rodents, bats, worms, birds, in essay writing for kids, general any living things they could find with the exception of humans. They were able to hunt ducks and of water thesis, turtles in the lakes and sea.

The coastal natives relied heavily on fishing, and tended to eat their fish either raw or only writing on doctor for kids, partially cooked. Since they did grow cotton on the island, the natives had fishing nets made of the color of water essay thesis, cotton. For Kids. The natives of the interior relied more on agriculture and de-emphasized meat or fish in their diet. The Arawak#047;Taino had a developed system of agriculture which was virtually maintenance free. Pacthesis. They raised their crops in a conuco, a large mound which was devised especially for essay writing for kids, farming. They packed the chicago university essay, conuco with leaves to protect from soil erosion and fixed a large variety of crops to assure that something would grow, no matter what weather conditions prevailed. (As an aside I would like to comment that many people in the pre-Columbian Americas had virtually work free agriculture. This system meant that people living in these materially simple social systems had enormous amounts of free time and often developed elaborate religious rites which took a lot of essay writing on doctor for kids, their time, but also had highly developed systems of games and deviantart, recreation. There are some nice advantages to very simple living and diet!) One of the writing for kids, Arawak#047;Taino's primary crops was cassava.

This is a root crop from which a poisonous juice must be squeezed. Then it is baked into a bread like slab. The current method of doing this in Haiti produces a flat bread, sort of like a stale burrito or pizza shell. The Arawak#047;Taino grew corn (maize), squash, beans, peppers, sweet potatoes, yams and friar essay, peanuts. They not only had cotton, but they raised tobacco and enjoyed smoking very much. It was not only a part of their social life, but was used in religious ceremonies too. The Arawak#047;Taino had no large animals like horses, oxen or mules to on doctor for kids, ride or use for work. But they did have river and sea transportation. Battle Of Bull. They used dugout canoes which were cut from a single tree trunk and used with paddles.

They could take 70-80 people in a single canoe and even used them for long travels on the sea. Essay On Doctor. These dugouts allowed fishing the few lakes of Hispaniola as well as fishing out a bit off the coast. The Arawak#047;Taino themselves were quite peaceful people, but they did have to defend themselves from the Caribs who were cannibals. The Caribs of this area were centered at what is today Puerto Rico, but some did live in knights essay contest 2011, northeast Hispaniola, an area that today is the writing on doctor for kids, Dominican Republic. Of Water. The Caribs were war-like cannibals. They often raided the more peaceful Arawak#047;Tainos, killing off the men, stealing and holding the women for breeding, and fattening the children to eat. Please note -- Febrauary 2009: A Caribbean scholar has written in a strong note claiming this passage is in error. Her claims sound quite plausible to me, however, it was years ago I wrote this passage and I have no idea of my source, nor the energy to seach the passage out at this time.

Thus at the bottom of this essay I include her corrective note to me and appreciate her kindness in taking the time to raise this issue. See below at end. Thus the Arawak#047;Taino had some weapons which they used in defense. They used the bow and arrow, and for kids, had developed some poisons for their arrow tips. They had cotton ropes for defensive purposes and some spears with fish hooks on essay thesis the end. Since there were hardwoods on the island, they did have a war club made of macana. This was about 1 thick and writing for kids, reminds one very much of the cocomaque stick used in nyu stern 2013, later Haitian days. They did not develop any armor or specifically defensive weapons (shields, etc.) The Arawak#047;Taino were polytheists and their gods were called ZEMI . Essay On Doctor. The zemi controlled various functions of the universe, very much like Greek gods did, or like later Haitian Voodoo lwa. However, they do not seem to have had particular personalities like the Greek and essay, Haitian gods#047;spirits do.

There were three primary religious practices#058; Religious worship and essay for kids, obeisance to pacthesis deviantart sim dates, the zemi themselves. Dancing in essay writing on doctor, the village court during special festivals of battle of bull, thanksgiving or petition. Medicine men, or priests, consulting the writing, zemi for advice and healing. This was done in public ceremonies with song and dance. There are many stone carvings of the color of water essay thesis, zemi which have survived. Hugh Cave in his HAITI#058; HIGH ROAD TO ADVENTURE reports that some of the stalagmites of the caves of Dondon were carved into writing on doctor zemi. Some of my students on a study trip visited the caves of Dondon but were unable to find and photograph these carvings.

One often sees stone zemi for sale in Haiti, but I have no way of knowing if they are genuine Arawak#047;Taino archaeological finds, or if they have been remade for tourists! (As a footnote to this section I might add that Rev. Dr. Chicago Essay. William Hodges in Limbe, Haiti, is perhaps the on doctor, most important of those who have done archaeological work in Haiti, and he bills himself as a amateur who does it on the side for pleasure. However, his small museum in Limbe is simply fantastic, and of water thesis, worth the trip, which is only about 45 minutes from Cap Haitien by taptap. He also has a wealth of materials which he has printed over on doctor for kids the years. Deviantart. Dr. Writing On Doctor. Hodges, a U.S. Prompts. citizen, operates a missionary hospital in Limbe and has been in Haiti for more than 40 years.) One account of the religious agricultural feasts which were offered both in thanksgiving and petition, describes the following features#058; People had special dress for the ceremonies that included paint and feathers.

From their knees on down they would be covered in shells. The shaman (medicine man or priests) presented the essay on doctor for kids, carved figures of the zemi. The cacique sat on wooden stool, a place of honor. Lawrence Is To Blame Essay. (There are many surviving stone carvings of the cacique on his stool.) There was a ceremonial beating of drums. People induced vomiting with a swallowing stick. This was to purge the body of essay writing for kids, impurities, both a literal physical purging and a symbolic spiritual purging. This ceremonial purging and other rites were a symbolic changing before zemi. Women served bread (a communion rite), first to zemi, then to friar lawrence is to blame essay, the cacique followed by the other people. The sacred bread was a powerful protector. (The interesting similarities between this ritual and the Christian practice of eucharist is obvious!) Finally came an oral history lesson -- the singing of the village epic in essay for kids, honor of the chicago university essay, cacique and his ancestors. Essay. As the poet recited he was accompanied by a maraca, a piece of hardwood which was beaten with pebbles.

There was an afterlife where the good would be rewarded. They would meet up with dead relatives and essay, friends. On Doctor. Since most of the people they would meet in this paradise were women, it is curious to speculate if it was mainly women who were considered good, or if some other reason accounted for this division of the sexes in the afterlife. There are many stone religious artifacts which have been found in Haiti. The zemi take on battle run essay strange forms like toads, turtles, snakes, alligators and various distorted and hideous human faces. The zemi, as well as dead caciques, have certain powers over the natural world and must be dealt with. Thus these various services are ways of acknowledging their power (worship and on doctor for kids, thanksgiving) and at the same time seeking their aid. Battle. Because of essay on doctor for kids, these powers there are many Arawak#047;Taino stories which account for the origins of some experienced phenomena in myth and or magic. Essay Thesis. Several myths had to do with caves. The sun and moon, for example, came out of on doctor for kids, caves. Prompts. Another story tells that the people lived in caves and only came out at night.

One guard was supposed to essay writing for kids, watch carefully over people to be sure that they were well divided in the land. However, one day he was late in knights essay contest 2011 ohio, returning and the sun caught him and turned him into a stone pillar. (Shades of Lot's wife!) Another Indian became angry at essay for kids, the sun for its various tricks and decided to leave. He convinced all the women to abandon their men and come with him along with their children. But, the children were deserted, and in their hunger they turned into frogs. The women simply disappeared.

This left the nyu stern analysis 2013, men without women. On Doctor For Kids. But, they did find some sexless creatures roaming around and eventually captured them. (Actually they used people with a disease like mange since they had rough hands and could hold on to these elusive creatures.) However, they tied these creatures up and put woodpeckers on them. The birds, thinking these were trees started pecking on them and carved out the sex organs of women, thus re-establishing the essay analysis, possibility of survival. A different myth simply tells that once there were no women. Man brought woman from an essay writing, island where there were only women. The origin of the oceans was in a huge flood which occurred when a father murdered his son (who was about to murder the father), and 2011 ohio, then put his bones in a calabash. The bones turned to fish and then the gourd broke and all the water of the world flowed from the broken gourd. THE GENOCIDAL END OF THE ARAWAK#047;TAINO NATIVES ON THE ISLAND OF HISPANIOLA.

This section of the genocidal end of the Hispaniolan Taino/Arawaks was revised in August 1999 (including the essay on doctor, title of the section). There is a great debate as to just how many Arawak#047;Taino inhabited Hispaniola when Columbus landed in 1492. Some of the early Spanish historian#047;observers claimed there were as many as 3,000,000 to 4,000,000. These numbers seem to be based on very little reliable evidence and are thought to be gross exaggerations. Pacthesis Deviantart. However, since nothing like a census was done, the methods for estimating the numbers are extremely shaky, whether by these early historians or later critics. One long technical article on the population comes in the with the low estimate of for kids, 100,000. Several other modern scholars seem to lean more forcefully in the area of 300,000 to 400,000. Whatever the number, what happened to them is extremely tragic. They were not immune to European diseases, especially smallpox, and the Spanish worked them unmercifully in is to essay, the mines and fields.

By 1507 the Spanish were settled and able to essay for kids, do a more reliable job of counting the Arawak#047;Tainos. Pacthesis. It is generally agreed that by 1507 their numbers had shrunk to 60,000. By 1531 the number was down to 600. Today there are no easily discerned traces of the Arawak#047;Taino at all except for essay writing on doctor for kids, some of the archaeological remains that have been found. Not only on deviantart Hispaniola, but also across the Windward Passage in Cuba, complete genocide was practiced on these natives. The next three paragraphs were added in August 1999. It is important to pause and think about for kids what is claimed here. The claim is not that the entire population of CARIBBEAN (and possibly even Floridian) Taino/Arawaks were wiped out, but that population which was on the island of Hispaniola when Columbus arrived. Further, this is not to say that no drop of Taino/Arawak blood survived, or than not a single word of the language drifted in of bull run essay, later Haitian Creole, perhaps even a zemi god influenced Voodoo here or there. Rather, the claim is that the Taino/Arawak as a discernible people with a discernible culture simply disappeared ON THE ISLAND OF HISPANIOLA.

It is clear that the Taino/Arawak survived in others areas of the Caribbean, even in near-by Puerto Rico. The claim I am making is limited to those Taino/Arawaks who inhabited the island of Hispaniola when Columbus arrived in 1492. Disease was a major cause of their demise. However, on Columbus' 2nd voyage he began to require a tribute from the Arawak#047;Tainos. They were expected to yield a certain quantity of essay, gold per knights of columbus essay contest, capita. Failing that each adult of essay on doctor for kids, 14 was required to submit 25lbs. of cotton. For those who could not produce the chicago university, cotton either, there was a service requirement for them to work for the Spanish.

This set the stage for a system of assigning the Arawak#047;Taino to writing, Spanish settlers as effective slave labor. This system contributed significantly to of water, their genocide. In Sidney Lintz's interesting introduction to James Leyburn's THE HAITIANS , he argues that not only did the natives die out, but nearly all cultural traces did too. He says this is a very unusual phenomenon. Haiti's culture is almost entirely African and European. There are some anthropologists who believe that some Voodoo rites, and especially the Petwo Voodoo rites, might have their origins in Arawak#047;Taino religion, but this is speculative. Regardless, it does seem that the Arawak#047;Tainos disappeared without a trace. Michel Laguerre does caution that despite the essay writing on doctor for kids, early date of the demise of the Arawak#047;Taino, numbers of them did last long enough to have worked alongside the African slaves who were being brought to Haiti in increasing numbers. Laguerre suggests that there would probably have been some inter-mating and thus it is highly unlikely that Indian blood completely died out in Haiti, even though their cultural heritage did disappear without a trace. [Special note#058; Given my focus on the history of Haiti as shaping the essay analysis, current situation in Haiti and using history to understand Haiti today, what is contained in the few paragraphs before this note is on doctor for kids, very important.

It says, in effect, that the pre-Columbian period has virtually no role at essay, all in essay for kids, shaping contemporary Haiti. This should be noted, since if my analysis is accurate, that important conclusion follows.] SPECIFIC NATIVE LEADERS AT THE TIME OF COLUMBUS. There were five major caciques when Columbus landed and they had various relations with Columbus. These caciques, their provinces and lawrence is to, relations with the Spanish were#058;

The province of for kids, Marien (Bainoa) This province was on the north east coast + interior, in the area of the bay of Samana in the Dominican Republic. He wanted Columbus to of bull run essay, protect him from the marauding Caribs who often came into this area, and he became a friendly advisor to Columbus and essay for kids, a lifelong friend of the Spanish invaders. His own village was about 2 miles SE of Cap Haitien. The province of thesis, Ciguayos (Cayabo or Maguana) After the Spanish settlers at La Navidad perpetrated many horrors on local natives, Caonabo led a band which crossed into the province of on doctor for kids, Maden and killed all the sailors. Caonabo then became the rallying point for resistance to the Spanish. Under a pretext of making peace, Columbus lured Caonabo into a trap. The Spaniard Ojeda gave Caonabo a gift of polished iron chains and handcuffs. Mistaking them for ornaments, Caonabo allowed himself to be chained and taken away. Columbus then sent him off to Spain.

Caonabo's brother, Manicatoex, then led an uprising. The Spanish, with their superior firepower crushed the of bull run essay, natives and the defeated Arawak#047;Taino were forced to agree to pay tribute to the Spanish. There seems to on doctor for kids, be some unclarity among scholars about pacthesis deviantart these natives. Some claim that these Indians were not from the Arawak#047;Taino group, but some other tribe. lt does seem that an earlier group, the Ciboney, did live in this area. But, it's not clear if at the time of Caonabo these were Arawak#047; Taino or not.

The province of Magua (Huhabo) This was a densely populated area. This was good inland agricultural land. In 1494 Guarionex was made to writing on doctor for kids, submit, then was imprisoned. The Spanish raped his wife in front of him, then executed him. They suspected him of being involved in battle of bull run essay, the attack which Caonabo led on La Navidad.

(A brief digression on La Navidad. Columbus landed at Mole St. Nicholas on Dec. Essay Writing. 6, 1492, his second land fall in the New World. Contest 2011. On Dec. 24, 1492 he was sailing away and on Christmas Eve the Santa Maria ran aground and for kids, sank off the north coast of Haiti, just near Cap Haitien. The Pinta was lost and essay ohio, the Nina could not accommodate all the sailors. Thus Columbus, with the help of Arawak#047;Taino, salvaged a good deal of the Santa Maria and for kids, built a small fort called La Navidad (The Nativity) and the color essay, left a group of sailors there.)

On his return on the second voyage all the sailors were discovered to for kids, have been killed. It seems that they began to violate native women and property and the natives rose up against essay, them.) The province of Xaragua. This was in the southwest peninsula. They grew lots of cotton here and for kids, also in analysis 2013, the cul de sac, north of where Port-au-Prince lies today. Behechio's sister was Anacaona, widow of Caonabo. After the Spanish killed Caonabo and Behechio, she succeeded her husband in Xaragua and was much loved by essay writing for kids, her people. However, the Spanish were threatened by this popularity and the power that went with it. Ovando, a successor to Columbus, went to her village under the pretext of collecting the Spanish tribute. Despite Anacaona's instructions to the people to be fully cooperative and hospitable, and despite her own friendly welcome, the contest ohio, Spanish began a slaughter, burned the village and took Anacaona prisoner.

She was hanged at essay writing, Santo Domingo. Cacique Cotubanama or Cayacoa. The province of Higuey (Caizcimu) There were rumors of there being gold in Higuey. De Las Casas reported that infinite was the number of friar lawrence blame, people l saw burned alive in order that the people tell where the nonexistent gold was. (I'll do a separate piece on De Las Casas, a most interesting fellow.) After the death of Anacaona, Cotubanama too was considered dangerous. The Spanish attacked his province, captured him and hung him in Santo Domingo. [Another interruption#058; A word about essay writing on doctor originality. I am not an battle of bull, historian by profession or training.

I gather virtually no data from writing on doctor, original archival sources. Of Water Essay. Rather, I read a great deal of what historians have written about Haiti, and on doctor for kids, I pull information together. However, I do then build interpretations of that data that is sometimes not the same use of the data that the original historian made of it. Knights Essay Contest. Thus, while I want to for kids, caution you that I am not original in the sense of data gathering, I do accept the responsibility for many of thesis, my interpretations of that data, or for other's interpretations which I've come to accept. I'll try, as best I can, to defend controversial interpretations which that controversy is brought to my attention.] The word genocide is an interesting term. Etymologically it means the killing of an entire gens, a whole people.

The word is used a good deal in politically charged language these days with people often charging that some group or other is attempting genocide. Certainly Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich of Germany attempted it on the Jews of Europe, and failed. On Doctor. As far as I know, the only case in history of where complete and chicago essay, total genocide was carried out was here on the island of writing for kids, Hispaniola. The entire GENS , the whole people of the native Americans of the Arawak#047;Taino people were wiped out. It is a horrible and astonishing story. [My claim of genocide is a controversial interpretation, and is vehemently denied by a group of knights essay contest 2011, living Tainos. Now, one may ask, if there was genocide on the Hispaniola Arawak#047;Tainos, then how can their be living Tainos? That's the rub, and that's why I stand behind my claim.] The Tainos were throughout the Caribbean, Bahamas and some areas of the mainland, especially near northern coastal South America. But, from what I have read, the Arawak#047;Tainos of the island of Hispaniola did not survive at all. However, if this topic interests you, then I urge you to get in essay writing, touch with the active Taino group which has a WWW site and can offer you a contrary view.

In 1997 I explained my case and invited them to respond specifically to the question of the island of Hispaniola, but to date they have not done that. Their home page can be found at#058; From#058; Cacique Ciba Guanikeyu. great grandson of Cacique Orocobix. The Taino Inter-Tribal Council. THE NJ COUNCIL OFFICE Tel#058; 609-825-7776 FAX #038; TAINO BBS#058; 609-825-7922. We Are Still Here! Taino Indigenous Nation of the Caribbean #038; Florida. The head of this organization is Peter Torres Torresp#064;algorithms.com. Note added February 2009. I am an indigenous Caribbean scholar (Lokono Arawak) who is doing my doctoral work on the history and chicago university essay prompts, culture of the for kids, indigenous people of the Caribbean at York University in Toronto.

As a part of my research I came across your page entitled, PRE-COLUMBIAN HISPANIOLA -- ARAWAK/TAINO NATIVE AMERICANS. While the majority of your work regarding the Taino is accurate there are some inaccuracies in your paper I felt sufficiently offended by to write to you about. Your information about the Carib (who are actually called the Kalinago) is the color thesis, incorrect. The information I am referring to is: . they did have to defend themselves from the Caribs who were cannibals. The Caribs of this area were centered at what is today Puerto Rico, but some did live in northeast Hispaniola, an area that today is the Dominican Republic.

The Caribs were war-like cannibals. Writing. They often raided the more peaceful Arawak/Tainos, killing off the men, stealing and holding the women for breeding, and pacthesis deviantart, fattening the children to eat. There is no archaeological, anthropological or traditional cultural evidence to support this view that the Kalinago were Cannibals which makes your writings about them inadvertently a part of the perpetuation of an outdated and unsupported scholarly view.

Buy Essay Online Cheap -
Short Essay on Doctor - World’s …

How to plan an IELTS essay – the 10 minute solution. Common mistake – starting to write too quickly to make sure you finish on time. Starting to write too quickly can cause lots of problems. On Doctor! Here’s a quick summary of them. Problem 1 – you get stuck half way through and don’t know how to finish it. This is very common. Pacthesis Deviantart Sim Dates! If you don’t spend time planning the whole essay and in some detail, you may not complete it or write an essay writing on doctor for kids, essay that is incoherent. Problem 2 – you write about the wrong question. This also happens lots. If you don’t focus exactly on the question – and that takes a little time – it is quite possible to write about friar lawrence blame essay a similar question – perhaps one you have written about before. Essay! That is very bad for university essay your task response.

Problem 3 – you include irrelevant ideas and examples. This is perhaps the most common mistake. The ideas – including reasons and examples – need to relate to the question as closely as possible. Write too quickly and you’ll very probably include irrelevant reasons and examples. This can affect both your coherence and task response score. Problem 4 – you don’t use your best language.

It’s not just ideas you need to think about before you write, it really helps to think of language too. If you start immediately. you’re very unlikely to get your best language. That’s bad for your vocabulary score. Problem 5 – you choose a bad essay structur e. It’s tempting to spend no time thinking about essay writing on doctor your essay structure. You choose a “model structure” before the test and decide to follow that for your essays to save time. The problem with that is ohio that you may get a question you don’t expect and you may need to use a slightly different structure as you don’t have the right ideas and language for your normal model. The benefits of thinking and planning longer – you write more quickly and better. The heading says it all really. If you know.

what you want to write about. the words you want to use. the structure of your essay. then you will write more quickly and almost certainly more clearly. Very little time will be wasted. Your timing will look like this: 10 minute thinking. 25 minutes writing. 5 mintes to check. 25 minutes is plenty to write 275 words. Your goal is probably to write around 275 words – just to for kids, make sure you get to battle of bull run essay, 250.

The maths is quite simple: approximately 12 words a minute. approximately a sentence a minute. That should be enough for anyone. On Doctor! If you know what you want to say and how to say it, then a sentence a minute is lots. You might consider how in TOEFL the goal is to write 300 words in 30 minutes. This is a list – with quick explanations – of battle what you can do in your planning time. Essay Writing On Doctor For Kids! You should see that there is a lot here. How quickly can you do all of this? Do you want to do it quickly or well? I suggest you want to pacthesis deviantart, do it well.

Efficiency over speed. The question and essay writing on doctor what it means. This is the color essay thesis key. You must (and I very rarely say must in IELTS) do this before you start. Don’t just read the question. Essay On Doctor! Spend time understanding it. Don’t and your task response score will dive. This too is key. Before you start writing you must decide what your overall view/opinion is. You really want it to be clear throughout your essay.

Selecting your main ideas. These are key too. Your main ideas are how you structure your essay – one per nyu stern essay main topic paragraph normally. You need to spend a little time on this to make sure you they are relevant to the question and essay on doctor you have reasons and examples to support them. More time. I’ll add that you need to select the best ones for you and the essay and not just include them all. That’s thinking time. This is very similar. Each idea needs to be supported with reasons and examples. Battle Run Essay! That’s your coherence score. You want to make sure you can support your ideas before you start writing.

Few people do this I suspect. I do strongly suggest it though. Vocabulary is 25% of your score is essay on doctor for kids part of the reason and so it makes sense to think about it. It also helps to do it in the planning stage because words can give you ideas – something a lot of people find hard. Essay and paragraph structure. Again this is something many people don’t spend much time on – they prefer to use a “model structure they have already learnt. This can be dangerous. Friar Lawrence Is To Blame! Your model structure may not fit that question and what you know about it. You need to be sure that you have a structure that works for you and essay writing that question – it might be that this time you need a 5 paragraph essay. Yes I think you should.

But that is chicago essay prompts as well as planning before you write. In brief the idea is that before each paragraph and perhaps each sentence you go back and look at the question and what you have just written to make sure you are on writing on doctor track. Not all plans work. I explain this is some/great detail in 2013, this lesson: the process of writing an IELTS essay and the following series of lessons. One problem many people have with the planning process is finding ideas. Writing! In this older lesson I show one way to get and of columbus contest 2011 ohio organise ideas and writing on doctor help your vocabulary: This lesson shows you how an essay can go wrong if the essay 2011 reasons and essay writing for kids the examples are not planned well:

Get more help with IELTS preparation on the main pages of my site. Keep up with me on Facebook - all the updates and even more advice there. Or just get all my free lessons by nyu stern essay analysis 2013, email. 29 Responses to How to essay on doctor, plan an IELTS essay – the 10 minute solution. This is a great plan. I think you are right in spending more time in planning. As soon as you have thought of what to write, you'll scribble faster. Friar Lawrence! I will apply this in my exam. Thanks! i still get a bit confused with this actually..may i ask some questions Sir? how about task 1? is it also 10 minutes to prepare? (which totally can lead to 20 minutes to set up a plan; 10 min for task 1 10 min for task 2)

or, 10 minutes both for task 1 and task 2 instead? First of all, I only make suggestions here. You need to find out what works for essay writing for kids you. It is not a case of right or wrong, but what works and doesn’t work. Go to other teachers and see what they say and choose the advice that is best for you. Chicago University Essay Prompts! I really mean this. I don’t know you so I can’t tell you what is best for on doctor you. Regarding part 1 I would say this.

150 words can be written in friar is to blame, 10/12 minutes if you know what you want to write. I’d suggest a good 5 minutes thinking/planning time before you start and essay on doctor a good 2/3 minutes revision time. But just to repeat myself you need to work out battle run essay what works for YOU. I’d also add that I wouldn’t worry too much about time at essay for kids all until about a month before the exam. If you learn the skills well, you can then do it quickly and well. If you never learn the skills, you may do it quickly, you’ll never do it well. hi thanks for all these advises . your advice is really working well for me . this strategy of of preparing for the exam is really great. just want to ask a question that sometimes we do not know anything about the topic we get in essay or letter . what should we do at nyu stern that time. The key is to remember that this is a language test, not an intelligence test. Writing For Kids! You need to focus on whether you have enough words to of columbus 2011, answer the question.

Obviously, though, it is essay on doctor much better if you are familiar with the topic!! I hope you could find time to answer my question sir. In writing reports about graphs, are the numbers like 20% counted as words? What if I write it down as 20 percent, will that do any good? Thank you very much for university your help. Can you also post an example of essay writing on doctor for kids a good way to write a report about friar is to blame graphs? The best advice is to essay writing on doctor, use the word and not the battle symbol and in that case it is of course a word.

On your second question, I will be posting about graphs shortly. Thank you. your plan is very useful…I will try to use it . god is alive. he does miracles. Is a a certain knowledge about specific topic is necessarily needed? I’m asking because i’ve noticed that I don’t know much about questions,so lets say even take all the steps of planning, how can you plan and come with ideas or even examples when you don’t know anything about the question in general? Also to plan all the essay ahead including vocabulary, what do you mean by that? How can i see what words i will use in 250 words essay? Sorry for all the questions, I’m having an exam in about a month from now and unfortunatly Writing is the only thing I can’t do… Not really. IELTS is a very international exam and taken by all sorts of people so the knowledge required is “intelligent general knowledge” – the sort of thing an educated person should be able to talk about. That said, in the reading you may get less familiar topics.

The task there is essay writing whether you can understand the general meaning, not the specialised language. My point about vocab is that you should try and think of the words before you write. That way you will write better. I’m only new here, I found you by chance looking for some free samples. Anyhow i found your website and I can’t explain in words how pleased I’m. I will seat my exam next month, and to be honest I don’t feel like I’m ready yet, but guess what ‘ I WILL ‘ and i will let you know my band score. As you know the majority of students aim an battle run essay, overall score 7, my self I need 7 in each module to be able to register as a nurse In AU. On Doctor For Kids! however I want you to ohio, know that I’ve learned more in few days from you than I’ve learned from essay writing on doctor, my IELTS classes (face to face teaching methods). What I’m trying to point out is that you 100% right, what works for pacthesis me won’t work for someone else and writing on doctor for kids so on. In few words, ” Man you doing a great job . Thanks a lot.

I will follow your advise with my Writing Task 2 that’s for deviantart sure. Thank you for your kind assistance in both inspiring me to essay, plan my vocabulary and also helping me to contain my creativity during 250 word essays. Thanks to your advice I’ve achieved an 8.5 in my IELTS general writing paper. I wish I had listened more carefully, as I’m 0.5 below grade at 7.5 ! A silly mishap on the first question cost me dearly. Off to sit it for a second time. Great website, Dominic. I’m an ESL teacher trying to get into EAP and I’ve read just about every inch of your site over the last couple of days!

First of all thanks for your effects and for your post replies. I really appreciate the way you explain the things. I going for an exam day after tommarrow and i hope so i will definitely get 7 band in each module. Actually, i heard about your website about a month ago through my friend and when i start reading your tips and pacthesis deviantart your blog, which is actually design step-by-step and which works much better than a tutor and writing i am quite sure that if everyone do follow this blog will definite get the success in pacthesis deviantart, IELTS exam and also add some in on doctor, their future career as well. Thanks once again for your useful material and knights essay ohio sharing your knowledge with us. you are a great teacher, thank you for your advices, they are a MUST! Planning to me is essay writing for kids writing brief ideas – vocabulary -structure the beginning wish and deriving conclusion ,possibly to blame essay, have this draft in my uestion paper. will we be allowed to write something on essay our question papers ? hello sir….i’m going to take my test on april, In task 2 shall i write the topic with the examples in our general life..or personal experiences….for agreeing or disagreeing on particular topic??

Thank you for providing a such valuable tips and tricks for battle of bull getting higher band in writing on doctor, IELTs either in. academic or general. I’d especially thank to one of my instructor who told me that I must visit this website before appear in university essay, the ielts exams. Essay Writing! I must say to you that it has cleared lots of my questions about getting higher band in IELTS. I was very much confused before knowning about this website. Essay Analysis! But for writing on doctor now, I am very much in run essay, confident that I can be easily got good band if I would keep continue visiting on daily basis until i appear in my exam. I’m not good in English.

It has been my big weakness in my professional Career. Therefore, I registered myself for IELTs to check my language level. Essay Writing On Doctor! If someone found something. wrong in of columbus essay contest, my message so, Please let it correct and writing for kids let me know about that certain mistake. As you know, I am not good in English but want to improve it.

I have big problem in friar lawrence is to blame essay, speaking..i think i can never ever speak…May i do not have confidence to writing for kids, speak please tell me how can i used to lawrence is to, speak…One other question is that how can i improve my vocabulary?? Hello and congratulations for your good job! I would like to ask you about essay for kids preparing vocabulary. Are there any “popular” words that I need to know depending on the subject? This website is amazing, I have my exam tomorrow and I prepared from it by reading the posts whenever I had free time in knights contest 2011 ohio, office. I find it really helpful for on doctor for kids writing as well as all other modules….

Thanks a lot you are doing a great job!! first of all I would like to thank you very much about your advices tips Sir. i am planning to knights contest, seat for writing for kids the ielts test in next month I am not sure about my English language and i have been studying hard for a long time alone or without doing any course or taking ielets preparation, but do n’t feel I am very confident. Deviantart Sim Dates! i do n’t think i have any problem with task2 because i think if i understand the topic i will do it well but my question is about task 1 really i have trouble with writing about chart/figures please help me and my second question is that how can i count words to make sure that i write 150 0r 250 words. Wonderfull info and thanx man. Dear Dominic Cole , How we should write numbers in writing on doctor, writing task 1 and 2 .? Should we write number as numerical ( 20 ) or alphabetical (twenty ) ? . I am little bit confuse…is writing numbers in wrong way give a penalty ? Thank you for this article. However, I find it really hard to essay 2013, allocate the last 5 minutes to essay on doctor, proofread my task 2 academic essay, maybe because I don’t have time to do so. You see, I usually read and edit paragraph per paragraph, but I could not read the the color of water whole essay because of time constraints.

I managed to take the exam thrice and I consistently got 6.5 in the said area. my other scores were above 7. I will take the exam again this month and for kids I desperately I need your advice regarding my problem. Nyu Stern Essay 2013! Thank you very much. […] 1. Read the question – answer the question Rule number 1 is to answer the question: read the question carefully and underline all the information you need to essay writing on doctor for kids, include. This works differently in the essay and friar lawrence is to the report. Writing On Doctor For Kids! In the essay, often you will find background information and the question itself. Make sure you answer the question (eg “Do you agree?”) and do not write generally about the topic.

If you copy another essay you have written on the same topic, you will lose a lot of marks. In task 1, all the information you need to include is in the chart/graph: make sure you identify the battle of bull key points before you start writing. Writing On Doctor! 2. Don’t start writing too soon – think and plan! It is important to finish both pieces of writing, but the way to battle of bull, do this is not necessarily starting to write immediately. If you do that, you may get half way through the writing and essay for kids realise you cannot finish it. Only start writing when you know how you are going to finish.

In the essay this can mean up to battle run essay, 10 minutes and in on doctor for kids, the task 1 report it can mean up to 5 minutes. The more you think, the better and university essay more quickly you will write. Writing! 2/3 minutes is university essay prompts almost certainly not enough. Essay On Doctor For Kids! For more detail on the color of water essay thesis this, try looking at Planning an IELTS essay – the 10 minute solution. For Kids! […]