Date: 15.10.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 489 #After as cavell cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> After as cavell cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein

After as cavell cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein

Oct/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

After as cavell cinema essay film in philosophy wittgenstein

After as cavell cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein

Order Your Own Writing Help Now -

Astonish Your Teacher by after cinema film philosophy wittgenstein Our Book Report Writing Service with Wonderful Performance. Paper? Book report writing service has solved the core academic task of students. It has become very tough job for as cavell essay students to process a book report, as they have to study the book, investigate its plot, reveal over essay reviewer, the issues it covers, study the as cavell essay film, characters and make a critical valuation. It’s a long time swallowing task with intense concentration. A book report is a long essay discussing the contents of a book in a summarized manner. It is written as part of a class assignment by students in schools. Book reports are used by to write an opinion teachers to access the grasp of students about a book, in after film philosophy which students express their perception and ideas about the book. Basic trouble is not to follow the writing process itself, but its long lengthy reading and analysis process.

Students take a number of days or weeks reading the thesis be at, whole book attentively, with jotting down notes, examining the plot, and themes of the book. So if you are short of time, and don’t have chance to after as cavell cinema film wittgenstein fulfill your book report by the deadline, then we can definitely assist you with our vigorous book report writing service. Need Commendable Book Reports For Your Semester? We Are Here to essay reviewer Assist! Our book report writing service will surely meet your academic standards, as we have one of the cinema essay wittgenstein, best trained teams to assist you in complex literature. They will professionally study your book, gather information, mask the theme and concept of the book, and reveal all information in the paper skillfully.

We go for the best approach to make your book report unique, formatted with clever concepts. Furthermore, final report is scanned by our editors for style and grammar errors, to provide with a neat and authentic book report. Brief Guide on Writing an Effective Book Report. Before you write, you have a select a book that interest you. Read the selected book attentively with a pen and paper to jot down important points. After reading the book, you will plan your book report in essay reviewer a systematic way, dividing it into five sections. An outline is the best way for the plan, featuring the after as cavell film philosophy wittgenstein, main ideas and their base content. A proper outline should be written for of ethics essay following five detail sections: Introduction Summary of Book Book Details: Characters Book Details: Plot Evaluation and after cinema film philosophy wittgenstein, Conclusion. In organizing your thoughts, jot down a few ideas for everlost report each of these paragraphs. Cinema Film? Reminder: Every grade level (and teacher) has different requirements for book report content. Review your teacher’s instructions before you create your book report outline.

Book Reports begin with basic information about the book, featuring book title, its author, genre, and publication information. Some books are written in can a thesis be at essay special circumstances with critical incidents in author’s life. Mentioning these circumstances in intro can develop interest for the reader. Mentioning credentials of the book is also a plus point where you showcase the popularity of the after philosophy wittgenstein, literature, especially when it is a bestseller. Start off your summary with an essay reviewer overview of the story, including its setting time period, main characters and the critical plot. Write the essay film philosophy, summary in past tense with a third person perspective. Also discuss the tone of the book, like showing whether it’s suspense or an adventure.

In this section, list all the everlost book report, characters in the story. Then step by step describe the characters with respect to their importance, identifying their major conflicts or problems. In writing about the after cinema essay film philosophy, plot, try to focus on main sequence of events. Instead, focus on the main sequence of events. Discuss the plot highlights from the rise to the climax in a summarize way, focusing on the prominent issues. Personal Evaluation and Conclusion. This section is also refereed as a central idea, as it requires your personal perception about the book. Term? You’ll write about the strength and weakness in the book, and that what did you learn with the book. After Wittgenstein? Try to be balanced in essay reviewer your ideas and support your interpretations with examples from the book. After completing your book report, follow the as cavell cinema film philosophy wittgenstein, last step of writing process i.e. revising, editing, and publishing, before final submission.

Begin your revising by reading your book report aloud, following with editing for essay map thesis grammar. After that, bound your book report for a good presentation and then submit it to your teacher confidently. Buy Our Book Report Writing Service And Feel The Difference Of Quality! Our working methodology is extremely unique and effective in providing professional quality work. We take special considerations for a smooth flow of work. Following are some special considerations that we take for a perfect academic paper: Our unique content resembles perfection. We have long experienced academic writers with PhDs and Master Degrees.

They easily analysis story books with their creative approach, and come up with brilliant written reports. Every project is cinema film, dealt personally by the writer with unique content from the steps, scratch every time, with assurance of delivery within deadline. After the completion of book report assignment, the written copy is after as cavell film philosophy, sent for a plagiarism check. Each paper is checked for uniqueness by our plagiarism detection software. Work Code Of Ethics Essay? We constantly upgrade this software to assure that it provides most reliable results. Delivery within deadline is our true landmark.

All our projects are dealt with a step by step procedure that guarantees on time delivery. We constantly focus on time schedules and deadlines to as cavell film provide you penalty free assignments. Our online live chat and voice call agents are always available to serve you in needs. They provide prompt solutions to all your queries and complains in short turnaround time, with a happy go attitude. Our professional writing services are used by customers around the thesis of an essay, world.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -

Sample IELTS essay questions and topics. If you read enough IELTS books (or take the after essay film philosophy exam too often!), you’ll soon realise that there are very definite IELTS topics. There is report a good reason for this: IELTS is a very international exam and the topics have to after as cavell cinema essay wittgenstein be suitable for all countries and all cultures. Accordingly, (nice word that) the people who set the exam tend to choose relatively everyday topics – the sort of topics all educated people should be able to speak and write about in their own language. So one obvious way to prepare for the exam is to practise writing and speaking about these topics. They are: While the topics are predictable enough, the actual questions are invariably extremely precise.

Again, there is also a good reason for term paper this: the examiners do not want you to learn an essay, they want to test your English and see if you can answer a precise question, rather than produce a general answer to a general topic. Remember that in the exam these words are always included: Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from after as cavell cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein your knowledge or experience. This is no small point because it tells you that whatever the steps an opinion essay form of the question, you need to be able to explain and after as cavell film philosophy wittgenstein, exemplify your answer ( see coherence). How to like it, share it and save it.

Get more help with IELTS preparation on the main pages of my site. Keep up with me on Facebook - all the updates and even more advice there. Or just get all my free lessons by everlost book, email. 108 Responses to Sample IELTS essay questions and topics. if the task or question is “to what extent do you argree or disagree” should i still present both sides of the essay wittgenstein argument and on my conclusion i? will sight my opinion? or at the first part of the essay (introduction), should i give my side already? and on the body would be the evidences or reasons why i chose such side of the everlost argument? Another good question. Cinema Essay Film! There is no definite right or wrong answer here. But let me give you a few guidelines. One of the things the examiner is looking for is a clear point of social work view sustained throughout the essay.

Accordingly, it makes sense to state your point of view clearly in the introduction. This way it makes it easy for cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein the examiner to see what you are doing. The one problem with this approach is that it makes your conclusion slightly harder to write, as you have already given your answer in the introduction. That much said, you can still wait until the conclusion to give your own personal opinion after looking at can a thesis be at both sides of the cinema film philosophy wittgenstein argument. Work Essay! This is perhaps the slightly more academic approach and makes for after wittgenstein a better balanced essay normally. If you do take this approach, my advice would be to state clearly in the introduction that you are going to look at both sides of the steps to write essay issue first before giving your personal opinion. would there be a difference in the essay outline or format if the question is as cavell cinema wittgenstein “do you agree or disagree” and “to what extent do you agree or disagree”? or same approach could be used? thanks so much! God bless? you! This is a good question and everlost book, I apologise for not answering sooner. The short answer is that there is no major difference of approach required. If the question was “Do you agree or disagree?” Then you can still answer in your conclusion that “There are strong arguments on both sides of the issue, but I tend to as cavell essay film wittgenstein think that…” ie you can always agree to some extent.

Likewise, if the question is “To what extent…” then you can still fully agree or fully disagree. Are there any sample question papers of can a thesis be at essay writing? What about a discussion? Is the another format to write it or it can also be considered as a for and against essay? “To What Extent” should be answered by choosing arguments to support one of 3 major stances: to a great extent, to after as cavell cinema film a certain extent / to some extent, or to a lesser extent. The question is social of ethics asking for a measurement. I have been experienced some issues about how to essay film wittgenstein understand the the end of an essay “main” question whenever I come accross “to what extent do you agree or disagree?” For example: “Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on as cavell wittgenstein what they do.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?(Cambridge IELTS 4)” Is it OK if I say that the main question is ” Does government restrict freedom of speech?” As you said before, what’s the use of writting a good essay if you are not answering the question, but, how are we going to be sure that we have understood the “hidden” argument? Thanks in paper scribd, advance! A really good question. One possible problem is film that the question comes in social work, 2 parts. This is really quite common in IELTS. If you do get a question like this, you need to make certain that you answer both parts of the question. in your example. That is not really the as cavell cinema case as the “they” in “There should be no government restrictions on everlost book what they do” clearly links to the creative artists in the first sentence. So your reformulation does not work as it does not relate to “creative artists”.

In practical terms, my best suggestion is to after as cavell cinema philosophy underline key words in term scribd, the question to make sure that you do not miss them out. one thing that why ielts exam performance sheet is not provided to as cavell cinema film wittgenstein candidate after result . Essay Reviewer! beacuse if a candidate is not scoring the as cavell cinema film philosophy wittgenstein bands more than 5 or 5.5 then after knowing mistakes a person will able to can a thesis be at the end essay correct it in next exam. How do we respond an essay that asks for our opinion ? Do we simply give our views all the way through? No one answer to this. All I would say is as cavell film philosophy wittgenstein that you should make sure that any opinions are backed up with reasons/examples.

If you do this, your essay will not just be all opinion even if every paragraph contains opinion. Can I please ask you two questions? Many people told me that I am not suppose to to write use ” I ” , “we” and as cavell cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein, ” you ” things like that in my writting. Scribd! But I noticed you actually use them quite often. does that mean I could use these words in my writting? Also, how to overcome umfamiliar topics? I feel one of the after as cavell cinema philosophy most frustrate thing is to think out ideas. Be At Of An Essay! I never can produce an essay in a limited time. I guess the problem for cinema wittgenstein me is I do not have opinions at all. do you have any good suggestion about this? PS : I am going to have my IELTS exam this 29th, urgently need your advice! ;-))) There are no hard and fast rules here. But it would certainly be a mistake to overuse personal pronouns in your writing.

However, given that that the essay task is frequently an opinion based task and asks you for to social code use your own experience, it would be strange if you avoided the “I” altogether. IELTS is not academic writing – it is its own genre, The best advice is to answer the after as cavell cinema essay film philosophy question. plz suggest me some tips my exam is on 18 may ,2016 And i am very confused bcos i am going to essay give this test first time. Dear Dominic Cole, in this forum, Could I ask you an assessment of my essay relate to IELTS writing assessment ? Sorry, not for now. I may start a grading service soon but sadly my time is too short. Hi What about if you are not familiar with asked essay topic. Can you answer the question with general writing? You should do your best to answer the question as asked.

You may get severely penalised if you write too generally and as cavell cinema wittgenstein, don’t answer the question. The idea is an opinion that the questions are designed for anyone to after as cavell cinema film philosophy wittgenstein answer and report, if you can’t you have a language problem. Essay Wittgenstein! That sounds a little harsh, no? The trick is to use examples from essay your experience and after cinema essay philosophy, that way you should find enough to write. I do recognise the the end essay problem though and I am planning a series of postings giving ideas and language to deal with the most common topic areas. Thanks for the post, keep posting stuff. I was taking IELTS classes from a tutor. When she marked my Essay , because I gave example from my own experience she said I am subjective.She thinks in Academic Writing one should write on general ie effects on society. However, I argue and told her that question stated that you can give example from your own experience.Do you think if I give my own experience the examiner will mark me down? Absolutely not.

I hate to contradict other teachers – a very bad habit – but in this case I will. As Cavell Cinema Essay Film Wittgenstein! The rubric to report the essay question almost always contains these words: “include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience” This means that you actually ought to film include examples from your own knowledge/experience. From this point of view, academic IELTS is not exactly the same as general academic writing where you typically don’t do this so much. The question remains though how you do it. Essay Reviewer! I would suggest that you don’t want to use the after as cavell essay film philosophy wittgenstein first person “I” too much and that maybe is what your tutor is worried about. This is an extremely good point that you have raised and I will post a lesson on this in social code, the next couple of days. It’s very true that it doesn’t matter if your writing is subjective or not.

The way you express your ideas and construct your writing matter. IELTS is after as cavell philosophy wittgenstein designed for the purpose of testing English capability so it shouldn’t take into account the level of term paper your education. Feel free to express your ideas but on top of everything, keep it academic! Sir, i have been teaching ielts for about four years with excellent results. The latest rubrics for after as cavell cinema essay film wrtiing task 2 state that the to write an opinion essay essay has to after as cavell be based on knowledge OR experience and NOT on both. Please maintain contact with me for further details. Thank you for the correction on the exact wording. Everlost Report! I do take issue with your interpretation of after as cavell essay film wittgenstein it though.

It is entirely possible for candidates to use one example based on their knowledge and be at the end of an essay, another based on their experience: this satisfies both the after as cavell cinema essay film philosophy rubric and book report, the grading criteria. Candidates can choose between the after film philosophy wittgenstein two options and are not restricted to one or the other: if that were the case, the rubric would read “either knowledge or experience”. What has not happened is that the new rubric has invented a new dichotomy between “knowledge-based” and “experience-based” essays. Incidentally, the rubric was changed to social of ethics essay put the emphasis on the task itself and to delete “complicated” language such as “written argument”. The idea is after as cavell essay film philosophy wittgenstein supposed to essay reviewer simple and the key to understanding the new rubric is that it explicitly asks candidates to be “relevant” in their examples and after as cavell cinema essay film, that these support the main points. Read this report by the chief IELTS examiner in Australia:;PT=sl#038;X=getdoc#038;Lev1=pub_c06_07#038;Lev2=c05_hogan. i am from steps an opinion Iran (just wanted you to know that people from my country visit your website, too).

I’ve been searching the net for ages to find a website that can help me with my ielts essay questions and film wittgenstein, i now i can say yours is one of the bestests #128521; i have some questions. will you help me with them please? 1. in your “The three different types of steps to write IELTS essay question” you have clearly mentioned in which type of after as cavell essay film wittgenstein essay we should give our own opinion. can you see this page please: i am confused a little. in which type should i reflect my opinion? and more importantly in which paragraph? 2. under which type does advantage/disadvantage, cause and effect/ problem/solution essays fall? discussion or argument? you seem to insist that all of essay reviewer them are argument type, but seems to differ. 3. what is explanatory essay?

Except theses common essay topics that you’ve mentioned, are there any more to add to after cinema film this list?in Iran it seems the recent ielts test have been exposing the examinees to some different topics (speaking:what qualities should a leader have?does your political one have?, etc) thanks an ocean for spending time for us. hlo dominic i do not get the ideas while writing an essay,what would you like to suggest to do thats why my essay is always too short and to make it bigger i repeat some lines in steps essay, diffent way. Typically, I advise my students to think of examples and reasons. It is very easy to get stuck when you are looking for ideas. Ask yourself the after cinema film philosophy wittgenstein questions “Why is that true?”or “how can I explain that?” if a question says ‘agree’ or ‘disagree’,then what should i write in th body paragraphs. whether i have to stick to book agree only through out the whole essay or also have to write something about cinema philosophy wittgenstein, why i diasgree please answer me correctly. hello mister Cole. In the to write an opinion essay ielts academic exam ( writing ) , I heard that there will only be an argumentative essay. is that true ? and if not what else ? Ah. It depends what you mean by argumentative.

The problem is different teachers use different words to cinema film wittgenstein describe types of essay. I am guilty of this too. Code Essay! To try and answer your question, there are different types of essay you need to be able to after as cavell essay philosophy write. These include: discussing both sides of an issue. commenting on a proposal to solve a problem. looking at two different options and deciding which is better.

giving solutions to social work of ethics a problem. I could go on. You should understand that you need to be able to answer different types of after cinema film wittgenstein questions. The secret as ever is to read the question and think hard about it before writing. Think about what it is asking you to do.

The mistake is to learn one model essay and essay reviewer, try and write the same essay all the time. Very helpful post for IELTS Students. (I am writing here since I could not find an after as cavell cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein email to write to) first of all I want to compliment you for essay your website. After As Cavell Essay Film Philosophy! It is book report a very usefull resource for the preparation of the IELTS Test, the as cavell essay information are presented in a clear and nice way. They are structured very well and the user does not end up being overwhelmed by the amount of information.

This is a very important point -at least to me-, because reading your site had the essay reviewer result of calming me me and improve my self confidence for the exam. This is cinema wittgenstein often not the essay reviewer case on the internet, where you mostly hand up panicking, which is higly counter-productive. Nevertheless I am writing you because I would like to present to you my essay for the writing academic task 2. I would really like to as cavell cinema essay film wittgenstein have a feedback from term paper you, because unfortunately I can’t find no one to correct me one and I would like to have an opinion before I take the exam (which is in 7 days: unfortunately I have found your website late #128577; ). I am not asking you to after as cavell cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein correct every mistake, just to read it once and give me your impression and maybe the main points that I have to be careful about in essay map thesis, the test (the first being word number: by rewriting to the computer I have just seen a lot of mistakes that I could have corrected if I had the after cinema philosophy wittgenstein time, thing which I haven’t). If it possible can you say to me around band score I am? Or, is this essay enough good for paper scribd a minimum band score of 5.5? I am really looking forward to read an after cinema film philosophy wittgenstein answer from everlost book report you and after essay, I thank you in advance for your courtesy.

Write about the following topic: In many countries schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think ar the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? One of the most important problem in the schools is the student behaviour. Term Paper! In fact it is known that in many countries episodes of vandalism, disrespect or bullism are frequent in the schools.

This issue should be handled particularly carefully, because we have not to forget that the essay film philosophy school has to prepare the students to become responsible adult. It is therefore very important to individuate the causes and the possible solutions to be applied, in order for social work code the school to fullfill its educational role in the best way. We should take into account the basic fact that no one has a bad behaviour only for the reason to be “bad”. Often those behaviours are the expressions of other, hidden problems. As Cavell Cinema Wittgenstein! One of the essay reviewer main cause could be the stress that the after as cavell essay film wittgenstein students frequently have to face in the school. Exams, homeworks, presentations for many subjects put an incredible pressure over the students, that sometimes will be incapable of handling the stress. Bad behaviour thus manifests itself has a rebellion against the stress, a hidden “stop it” shout. Nevertheless it is my opinion that the main source of bad behaviour of map thesis students is to be found outside the school, namely in the private life of the students. With both my parents being teachers, I know with certainity that an instable family environment is very often the cause of arrogant and generally bad behaviour. After As Cavell Cinema Film Wittgenstein! Where the kids are left alone or treated bad by their family members, they can end up manifesting their anger at the school, during the lessons or in the corridors. Those problems suggest their solutions.

The amount of stress to which the students are underponed should be carefull analyzed by the teachers and accurately be revised and adjusted. Book Report! The task is of course not easy, because a certain amount of stress is inevitable, is the quality of the school has to after cinema film wittgenstein be preserved. Regarding family problems, it is my firm convinction that child that were raised (or still are) in instable family environment should be followed carefully by expers, such as psyhcologists and essay reviewer, pedagogists, and after essay philosophy, sustained by teachers, in order to allow them to retrieve their happiness and bring their life back on the tracks. Summarizing, students can answer to exagerate stress acting bad: thus the solution is to essay map thesis carefully control and as cavell essay wittgenstein, adjust the pressures on everlost book the students. A more important cause of problematic behaviour is the family where student lives, that can already be a source of problems and instability. Students should be therefore sustained by expers in their personal issues. (you can answer me via email if you want) Sorry for the delay. Had a quick look and it looks an essay philosophy wittgenstein extremely good essay. My one concern is length. sometimes shorter can be better. Sorry but I simply don’y have the essay reviewer time to look at individual essays.

This is a very good job. It was clearly given how to approach a task since you already have given the clue how to practice a certain topic, and so, through this, many IELTS writing examinees will have the idea now on after cinema film wittgenstein how to write and map thesis, speak appropriately. it is my first acknowlegment of wittgenstein this wonderful site. Please, i have started to paper scribd practice writing essay and I need a professional tutor to assess my writing. I would like to essay philosophy know if I can send my essays to term paper scribd be assessed. hey can any one (specially Dominic Cole) tell some essay topics that might be asked in September 2011 (24th Sep.). please reply fast i need some important topics . Sorry, I have no way of after film philosophy wittgenstein telling – there’s a pretty large stock of questions.

My general advice is to revise vocabulary for the key topic areas before the exam (you can find these on the essay question page) and then to make sure you read the exact question in be at the end of an, the exam as closely as possible. I know that this is really boring advice – but be very careful about looking at “recent essay questions”. After Cinema Essay Film! For me, their only real value is to tell you the types of topic you will need to write about and what sort of vocab you need. Very frequently, the task part of the question – the everlost book report bit that tells you what you need to do – is wrongly reported. Thank you very much for your helpful hints and after cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein, appreciable and code of ethics, dedicated efforts.As a candidate who took nearly 10 exams, I confess that I owe too much to you. This is a very simple way to say thank you. Pleasure.

I hope it’s worked out for you now. 10 tests is a lot – painful. Hi Dominic, very good exam website thankyou. Please, how much is band reduce for short answer? Happy world rabies day!

It rather depends how short the essay film philosophy answer is. My understanding/recollection is that you cannot get above 5.0 for task response unless you use 250 words. Your blog seems really good since you give sample IELTS essay questions and topics that would somehow helpful to steps to write essay those IELTS writing examinees. This would serve as a guideline for them because it discusses and shows the cinema film exam process of IELTS writing through giving sample question formats, topics and tips. Through this, they can practice more in writing their essays and would develop their skills more on writing. dear Dominic Cole, can you please suggest me i started my writing task 1 and task 2 at book report appropriate place task 2 i need another page the invigilator give me page and stick behind task 2..but unfortunately i continue my task 2 on the first page (task 1)..if they will penalised me..p;ease answer me because i m in dilemma i write both task very well. when i came home then one of as cavell essay philosophy wittgenstein my friend told me that you have to write on 3rd page becz it’s task one give announcement for that..will it affect my score?? please answer as soon as possible.. I’m afraid I don’t have the can a essay answer to that one. I suspect that it wouldn’t make any difference. As Cavell Film Philosophy Wittgenstein! The examiner is likely to have worked out what you did.

sir, i humbly wish to draw your kind attention to the fact the according to the latest rubrics, ielts essays have to be based on knowledge or experience NOT knowledge AND experience .i have been teaching ielts for around four years and ask my students to report scrupulously keep this fact in mind.Please answer. Are you seriously suggesting that candidates would be penalised for using both knowledge and experience?! As someone who holds a masters in philosophy, I would be delighted if you could enlighten me as to as cavell essay film wittgenstein exact distinction between them. I feel perfectly certain that 100% of IELTS examiners would be unable to split that particular epistemological hair. Essay! I believe you will find that “or” enables candidates to do both. If I offer you “coffee or tea”, I would not be offended if you decided to have both. The purpose of rephrasing the rubrics was to make them more accessible – if you read the source papers.

The purpose was not to introduce a new challenge to candidates. sir, i personally think that words i , we , you should be eschewed from task one along with copying the introduction from the after as cavell cinema essay film statement of question (from task 2 as well) and sole emphasis should be laid on grouping the subject matter and essay map thesis, comparisons . This is what i ask my students to do . Eschewed! a long time since I saw that word used in earnest. I see your point about “you” and “I” in task 1, but cannot agree with you about “we”. I agree with you about copying wording from the question. The (difficult) skill is to rephrase the question without repeating it so that you have a valid introduction. I have given the IELTS recently and after as cavell essay film, scored overall band 8 but the book report problem I faced was in my writing section I got only after cinema essay wittgenstein, 6.5 and I need a score of minimum to get into the university I desire for. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME.. Your blog is very helpful. With these guidelines, Ielts exam takers can have a better understanding and therefore feel more confident in their exams.

pls can anybody suggest me reading techniques ?? specially for headings n yes/no/not given i cnt get more thn 6. You will find my own suggestions on book report the reading page. After As Cavell Cinema Essay Film Philosophy Wittgenstein! The key is to understand the difference between No and Not Given. help me #128578; write for and against argumentative essay Taking exams : for and against. I’ll see what I can do for you. It’s the sort of topic you need to be able to write and speak about. I’ll try and the end, post something next week. Thanks but I need it for Monday. After Essay Philosophy Wittgenstein! #128578; good job, Dominic. which kind of English should i register for, general or academic? my intention is to apply for a job as a nurse.

I’ve seen somewhere, they were saying there are some professions which requires academic English, i am afraid nursing might fall under that category but I’ve already registered for general English. If you are headed for the UK, it will be academic IELTS you need. Essay! I’m not sure about Australia, but I imagine that there too the IELTS requirement would be academic. When did you apply? Normally, you can get a refund of your fee if you cancel 5 weeks before. Contact your local test centre. It may be that they might also take pity on you and as cavell cinema essay philosophy, allow you to social work of ethics essay transfer to academic. This is the first time i visited this site. In Australia, you need a minimum of after as cavell cinema essay wittgenstein 7.0 in every exam including the book report OBS. And the after essay film wittgenstein requirement there is Academic.

I have a very big problem with preparing for IELTS( Academic). I took IELTS for scribd 3 times and my overal band score was 6.0 in all of after as cavell cinema film wittgenstein them. My first time I scored 6.0 in every module. The second and the third I had 5.5 in Listening, 6 in thesis be at of an essay, Reading and after, Writing and 6.5 in Speaking. I really don’t know from where to start with studying,

I have many books for essay map thesis IELTS, but I don’t know which one is the best. Please suggest me only 4 four books (one for every part of the as cavell film wittgenstein exam) which are the best according to you. I desperately need 7.0 in every part of the test. Appreciation for essay this infmortiaon is over 9000-thank you! Can i use pencil to attempt IELTS writing test?please anyone must reply me. I want to find out whether it is appropriate to after cinema film write less that three words where it is term stated that one should use no more than three words. Also, I would like to inquire maybe it is important to interpret a graph, line, table or chart by beginning from any point. Front, Middle or Back. I shall be looking forward to receiving your reply.

Thanking you in advance. No more than 3 words means 1, 2 or 3 words. you helped me a lot. I have studying on your website recently. I found it great and a resourceful webpage. I have taken the IELTS at least 7 times now, and I have not achieved my required results yet. After Cinema Film! I need a band score of 8 in each module.

My next exam is on the 31.03.12, any more advice Sir?In my last 2 exam, I got 6.5 in term scribd, Writing. Your website is after as cavell cinema film of great help for those who want to take IELTS #128521; I just want to ask you this question: Other cultures highly value old people, while others value young people. Discuss both opposing views and give your opinion. I wanted to ask you a question about the IELTs and in partictular about paragraphs.

When I did my ielts test, I finished the writing task 2, and essay, left one line empty between each paragraph. However, when I wrote the conclusion, I left 4-5 empty lines and then started the conclusion. I did this because I was sort of running out of time, and didnt know if I wanted to add anything else in the last paragraph( the one before conclusion. so it looked a bit like this. Do you thing this will affect the as cavell cinema essay film philosophy mark I get? No, I very much doubt it- examiners are intelligent people. I am really grateful to can a you as I only prepared for philosophy my IELTS examination from everlost book this website and I got band 8 in all modules except writing where I got 7.5. You are awesome. In simply words . After As Cavell Cinema Film! No you shoulndot give your side immediately give yours conclusion step by step.

Firstly explain both sides and then which you like most give him side . Agree or disagree is most important part choose 1 thing . Yes you should choose a type of argument the main factor. i m so confused which book to choose for preparing ielts so plz woud u like to suggest me which book to study. After I initially commented I clicked the term scribd -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get 4 emails with the same comment. Is there any means you possibly can remove me from that service? Thanks!

Sorry there is nothing I can do about after cinema film, that as I do not have details of that service. Work Of Ethics! I can only suggest that you move the after essay film wittgenstein post to spam!! Congrats on essay your blog. One question thou, some literature state there are 4 different types of essays instead of the 3 types you mention in your blog, these are: Do you agree with this? if so, when we have a “to what extent do you agree or disagree” type of question, which kind of essay will that be from the 4 types mentioned above?x. Hmmmm. I do need to after film philosophy wittgenstein go back to that post. Everlost Book! The division you maker does make sense. In truth though I increasingly wonder how helpful it is to categorise different essay types rather than just looking at the particular question in front of you and answering the question as it is as cavell wittgenstein asked. I say this because I feel some candidates get trapped by trying to follow a particular formula.

I will put this on of an essay my to do list. Thank you for your comment. firstly thanks for the effort you have made for us.anyway i am having problem in differentiating between agree/disgree and to what extent do you agree/disagree..i have seen essays written both by discussing both topic in 4 paragrpah model and also taking only one position.does the essay philosophy topic content make difference on steps essay choosing the format of such essay? Good question. Cinema Wittgenstein! You will find advice that gives you quite strict guidelines on term paper how to answer different question types -setting out wittgenstein formulae/formulas for each type of question. I am never really convinced by that approach, I much prefer the be at of an essay approach of looking at each question on as cavell cinema essay its own merits and essay reviewer, focussing on answering the question as it is cinema essay film philosophy asked. I realise that that may not seem particularly helpful, so here is my general advice. The introduction and conclusion are the areas where you need to focus on addressing the question and giving your clear answer to it.

So in those paragraphs you need to outline your your position in relation to the question and give your answer. Map Thesis! Even if the cinema essay film question is “do you agree?”, it is open to you to say I agree but only up to a point. The content paragraphs are where you introduce the reasons for your point of view. Typically, the academic thing to term paper do is to look at both sides of the issue – even if you have a strong opinion for essay philosophy one point of thesis the end of an view. This can work with almost IELTS agree/disagree type questions.

Certainly, with my own students, I encourage them to look at after cinema film philosophy both sides of the issue, as for them IELTS is simply a passport to term paper academic courses at university and as cavell philosophy wittgenstein, I want them to steps an opinion essay learn the skills of academic writing.That said, it is open to after as cavell cinema essay film wittgenstein you to be at of an essay take just one position and argue that – on cinema philosophy wittgenstein condition that you outline this is your introduction and the question does not ask you to to write an opinion look at both sides of the after cinema essay philosophy question. Hi Dominic Cole i introduced of your blog before few days of my IELTS exam; i also took suggestion as far as possible. i participated on IELTS exam 1st September 2012 but unfortunately my writing task was out of my general knowledge of the topics. I frustrated what i should write? my topic was quoted you. It was. ” It is a natural process of animal species to become extinct (e.g dinosaurs, dodos etc). There is no reason why people should try to social work code of ethics essay happening this. Essay Film Philosophy Wittgenstein! Do you agree or disagree?” in this case how i prepare myself to get excellent score? any suggestion? please. Hi Dominic cole, I have given Ilets exam in General three times and every time i got 6.5 in writing but i need 7 each.How can i practice writing at home and know where is the mistake in my writing to improve.Please give some tips. Thank you.

i m having my exam on essay reviewer 22nd sept i m not able to pass i m giving 2nd time plzz give some suggestion what should i do i m not having that much time to prepare plzzz try to give suggestion abt ielts. you done very well. your blog guide me to significant progress… thanks a lot… Hi there to every single one, it’s in after cinema film philosophy, fact a pleasant for me to go to code of ethics essay see this website, it includes precious Information. Awesome blog! Do you have any suggestions for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on. everything.

Would you suggest starting with. a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused .. Any recommendations? Cheers! Practiced essay need to get it reviewed, How can i do that. I suggest you contact one of the tutors on the site. As an ESOL teacher , this is a well thought out, clearly presented and, importantly, helpful website.

I have found it extremely useful for my own and my students’ use. Hy, I dont have much to essay film wittgenstein ask for right now. Just wanted to clarify a query for writing test. Steps To Write An Opinion! Do we get choice to select the essay types as in, for instance choose 2 from given 3 topics…kind of. I hope you get what I mean in this context. Please excuse my lame language. Hello, I was just wondering is there any difference in cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein, scoring of steps to write essay academic and general writing ? I felt, the vocab section in academic test , requires more academic words.If not, candidates will not score a 7 or 8 in it (. ). And what about ‘ agree or disagree / positive or negative types questions? Is it necessary to after cinema stick with one side in the opinion paragraph? ie; 2 positive points and 1 negative point. Essay Reviewer! Can I still conclude it as ‘positive’ ? Logically, it doesn’t make sense as the negative side would nullify one of the after cinema essay philosophy positive effects, wouldn’t it? Could we go like ‘ it may be positive’ in this case ( if the question is ‘ is scribd this positive or negative’)?

Why many students are not getting 9 in task response? Is it mainly because of the lack of relevant example ? If you could be any of my assistance, I’d really grateful. I have had a question for writing task 2. When I went to school to prepare for IELTS, they said I should not use “I, you” when I write task 2. I could use “It is said/ believed/ stated that…”. Generally, they said I should not use 1st 2nd like “I, U”, should use negative voice. What do you think about this opinion? Good question. My own preference is to avoid the “I”, but that does not mean you can never use it. There are times when you want to make it clear that this is your opinion and then personal language is more appropriate. After As Cavell Cinema Essay Film Philosophy Wittgenstein! It may be more stylist though to use “In my view” rather than “I think” what will happen if i write agree/disagree while question ask for both view.

Thank you for essay map thesis the great ideas. I have to focus on some time I choose to adopt to as cavell wittgenstein write a article. It is very important that you keep to the topic. Scribd! Don’t stray onto as cavell essay film wittgenstein something else! Hey DC .. I need essay writing templates that include some general words, necessary for any kind of essay.. Please help me. dear dominic i m writing from india my exam on 6 september 2014 …..pls help me in writing topics….for ex…….SMOKING SHOULD BE BANNED ON PUBLIC PLACES……TO WHAT EXTENT DO U AGREE OR DISAGREE……..can i discribe in introduction that smoking should banned …then in first body paragraph problems by smoking in public places then in second paragraph effects of smoking in public places …..then in conclusion about goverment should take hard step to stop this………….also tell me in agree disagree we must have to dicusss both …….answer soon..

I find your website really helpful. but i have faced a problem regarding your section of letter writing for general ielts. I need to social code of ethics essay prepare for general ielts but as soon as i click on the section, error occurs. After As Cavell Essay Wittgenstein! So please fix the essay problem. Regards. Can you point me to the exact link that doesn’t work. After Cinema Essay Philosophy Wittgenstein! It all seems fine to me. Many of the links for the topics are broken. How many people have visited your website? Of them, what is the % from China? DCielts provides useful information in steps, helping Chinese students who are planning to sit Ielts or Toefl.

Thanks. I found your website very useful for after as cavell cinema essay wittgenstein me. Thanks to your sample essays, I was able to get 8 for writing. Work Code Of Ethics Essay! Thank you very much sir. Actually I m very confuse about writing task 2 ( Essay Writing ).Is it possible that Same Essay topic will come again next IELTS exam?Which topic I refere maximum for exam?Can you please guide me sir? thank’s dominic you helped me a lot. Sir my IELTS test will be on next week: and i need at least 6 bands in writing:

Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement. Mostly the recycled product is come from the home wastage’s, but nowadays concerned department are claiming that waste material from home is not properly enough as it should be. Some people of the society believe that it is the negligence of after as cavell essay philosophy wittgenstein people that waste material are not receiving enough by the concerned organization from the society, therefore, they believe that a legislation should be passed for social code essay making it a legal requirement. As far as my opinion is concerned there should be a law for recycling, but, it is also the responsibility of the society and media as well. Organizations for recycling are doing their job in a proper manner. They collected every garbage from the street even from the gutters as well. Cinema Essay Film Wittgenstein! In contrast, residents of the society are not participating with the recycling workforce; moreover, it happens due to steps essay lack of film philosophy awareness in people for the importance of recycling garbage.

Secondly, there is the negligence factor as well in the society in essay reviewer, participating with recycling department. For instance, people throw their house waste material into as cavell cinema philosophy their dustbins without separating the recycled material from the un-recycled material. Even a recently conducted survey revealed the fact that the 50% materials which can be recycled are wasted because they are not separated from the non-recyclable material by the residents of the essay reviewer society. Secondly, citizens of the society are not giving enough importance in after as cavell philosophy wittgenstein, the recycling of wastage, therefore, government should pass the legislation that garbage should be separated as recycled and non-recycled wastage, moreover, people should pack that recyclable product and put them in a separate box instead of throwing in the dustbin. In addition, government should also penalize those people who are not obeying the essay reviewer law. Therefore, these acts restrict the citizens to after as cavell philosophy follow the law and help the recycling department to the end of an get as much garbage as the organizations wanted to recycle. After viewing above all discussion, it would lead me to conclude on the note that people should feel the importance material and legislation should be passed for after essay film wittgenstein waste material.

These kind of acts would be enough to enhance the proportion of waste material. […] Sample essay questions and sample essays […]

Custom Essay Order -

Sightseeing Bus Tours Business Plan. Double Decker Tours of Washington has presented a sightseeing bus tours business plan that is after essay wittgenstein comprehensive and well researched. Steps To Write An Opinion Essay? The small business is seeking to capture part of the tourist market by proposing sightseeing tours in the Washington DC area in double decker buses. There will be fifteen buses, twelve of these will be open top and three covered in to cater for inclement weather conditions. The sightseeing bus tours sample business plan is exemplary in its style and content. The cash flow predictions are realistic. Initially there will be considerable capital investment necessary to purchase the buses. After As Cavell Philosophy Wittgenstein? However with careful business planning, the return on this investment will be visible early on, with sales revenues of $14 million in year one.

Create your custom business plan like a pro, with built-in financial formulas, automatic charts and graphs, and expert guidance at every step. Plus. 500+ sample business plans Built-in research for over 9,000 industries A professional plan that will wow lenders Tons of map thesis, free extras 60-day money-back guarantee! Buy Now $99.95 or learn more. “Helps you create a professional business plan backed up by after cinema essay film wittgenstein solid financials you can take to the bank.” “Takes the guesswork out of writing a business plan.” Double Decker Tours of Washington, LLC (DDTOW), located in the city of Washington, DC is be at of an essay a new sightseeing company in its formative stages. Essay Film? It is social work code of ethics essay being organized to take advantage of as cavell cinema philosophy wittgenstein, a specific gap in the local sightseeing tour market. The gap exists in high quality, reasonably priced sightseeing tours in the nation's capital away from the city center, indicating that a new entrant tour company could be expected to capture a significant portion of the current sightseeing tour market. Double Decker Tours of Washington's mission is to provide safe, reliable and fun sightseeing tours to the visitors of Washington, DC using London-style double-decker buses.

Nine of the buses will be open top for sunny warm and beautiful days and three will be closed for of ethics essay, cold and inclement weather. DDTOW will provide daily sightseeing tours and charter services in Washington, DC. We will survey the White House, Capitol Building, Supreme Court, Senate Office Buildings, House Office Buildings, Museums, Library of Congress, etc., as well as Adams Morgan, the U Street Corridor, Catholic University and many other sites that make up the city. Marketing and Sales Strategy. DDTOW will develop a message that touring with us is fun and we will project that message over the airwaves and in print. We will kick off our message using Comcast Cable System in the Washington area as well as hosting parties for certain tour association decision makers and the media.

We plan a pre-opening marketing budget of after as cavell essay philosophy, $80,000. As we profit, we will spend about 1% of gross revenues on advertisement and social work code of ethics marketing. We will also distribute survey cards to cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein assess what we are doing right and identify what we are doing wrong. Our main competitors in the Washington sightseeing market are: Tourmobile: Tourmobile is based at East Potomac Park and essay reviewer is authorized by the National Park Service to after cinema essay film philosophy conduct sightseeing tours along the National Mall and in can a thesis be at the end of an essay Arlington National Cemetary. Tourmobile uses a shuttle service employing 85-passenger trams along the Mall and 120-passenger trams in Arlington.

They have been in business for over 25 years. Tourmobile was started in 1969 as a subsidiary of Universal Studios to provide interpretive services along the National Mall. In 1981 Tom Mack bought the company making Tourmobile, Inc. Essay Film Wittgenstein? a locally owned Washington DC company. Tourmobile has over 42 vehicles and serves upwards of 2 million riders annually. Essay Reviewer? Historic Tours of America: HTA operates in Washington as the Old Town Trolley and DC Ducks. HTA is a national company with outlets across the country.

HTA, like Tourmobile, uses a shuttle system for its passengers and they use 35- to 60-passenger trolleys. Essay Film Philosophy? Grayline: Grayline International is a global company with offices and tours around the world. Grayline contracts out its services to local bus lines and runs multiple tours. Grayline runs the Lil Red Trolley as its service in essay Washington. After As Cavell Cinema Essay Philosophy Wittgenstein? Zohery Tours: Zohery Tours is a local company that runs 15-passenger vans and 45-passenger coach buses.

Zohery tours are about 3 hours in length. In recent Washington Convention and Tourism Corporation figures, it showed that 17.6 million people came to visit Washington, DC, spending over $10 billion dollars; $4 billion of that on sightseeing and tourism related activities. Although overnight leisure travel increased significantly while day-trip volume was down, the good news was that average trip expenditures increased to levels of $480 per day per trip. Many of the trips that were made to the city centered around visiting historical places and museums (36%) and work code shopping (24%). In leisure travel, 36% of visitors were solo travelers as compared to 80% of business travelers and 23% of leisure travelers came with children as compared to after cinema wittgenstein 6% of business travelers. Everlost Report? Also many of our visitors to the city have income of over $75K, were married, had no children, were in the 35-54 age group, and had an as cavell cinema essay film wittgenstein, advanced degree. Visits from foreign tourists fell three years ago by 19% and by 14% two years ago, but over 1 million foreign tourists came to Washington, making it 8th in US destinations by foreign visitors.

Michael Frank Coleman* will serve as member manager. He has extensive experience in the Washington sightseeing industry, working for Tourmobile and conducting walking tours around town. Mr. Coleman has a knack for recognizing opportunities and developing staff members to take advantage of those situations. Mr.

Coleman will assemble a staff of experienced tour professionals to oversee operations and market our services. Paul F. Williams* has over 30 years of everlost book, entrepreneurial experience in international and private sector business development and after wittgenstein will act as DDTOW's business development manager. *Confidential and proprietary resume data has been omitted from this sample plan. Tickets sales and boarding of the term paper scribd, buses will take place at after as cavell essay, the MCI Center at 601 F Street in essay reviewer Northwest Washington. This site gives us great foot traffic in the heart of the entertainment district as well as ample parking and public transportation access. Cinema Film Philosophy Wittgenstein? The buses will be stored and serviced by Peter Pan Bus Service in Tuxedo, Maryland thereby reducing staff cost and of an essay insuring top notch services for our customers.

A small office located on Third Street in Northeast Washington will serve as administrative offices. Our research and projections indicate that the demand for sightseeing tours in and around Washington is sufficient to provide Double Decker Tours of as cavell cinema film wittgenstein, Washington, LLC with revenues of over $14 million dollars in its first full year of operations, utilizing 15 used London-style double-decker tour buses and selected routes throughout the city. Everlost Report? These sales figures are based on capturing 453,000 customers out of a potential customer base of 22 million people. As Cavell Film Wittgenstein? Second year revenues are expected to exceed $17 million serving over 500,000 customers with additional advertising and expanded tours. The DDTOW plan has the potential for a more rapid growth due in part to new memorial and other venues that are opening in Washington in the near future. In short, the demands for tours in essay reviewer DDTOW's target market during the after as cavell essay wittgenstein, coming year will be more than enough to support DDTOW's anticipated market share. These sales levels will produce net profits of $13 million dollars in the first operational year and $15 million in year two. Net profits in year one will be over 60% of sales and will maintain that level in year two.

The company's long term plan is part of the due diligence package. The first few months of formative operation will burn cash (see the Start-up table later in this document) until revenue can commence. Essay? This is due to wittgenstein the organizational and regulatory obligations of a new tour operator but aggressive marketing and promotion will readily make up for the slow start. Long-Term Development Exit Plan. Our tours, along with the use of double-decker buses, that target new routes in the city, and aggressive media exposure will allow us to grow over paper scribd the next five years into a major player in the region.

Our goal is to create a reputation of quality, fun and after film philosophy wittgenstein safety that will make us the everlost book report, leader in the Washington area sightseeing/tour market. After our service starts, we will keep a close eye on sales and profit. If we are on after as cavell wittgenstein, target at the end of year two, we will look to expand into a new market. With any new venture, there is risk involved. The success of our project hinges on the strength of acceptance of our new tours and buses. After year one, we expect a lot of competition in the form of the established tour operators banding together against book report, us. Ideally, DDTOW would like to after cinema philosophy expand into map thesis the Baltimore, Richmond, Atlanta and Miami markets over the next ten years.

At that time, we will entertain the as cavell cinema essay wittgenstein, possibility of a buy-out by a larger Sightseeing/Tour operator or seek to sell to a new owner. Funds Sought and Utilization. DDTOW is seeking financing of $800,000, in the form of a five-year loan. Most of the planned start-up costs are apportioned to the following areas in book report approximately declining value: Purchasing twelve 70-passenger London-style double-decker sightseeing buses, nine of cinema philosophy wittgenstein, which are open top for beautiful days and nights and three closed top for cold or inclement weather.

Provisions of a sufficient cash reserve to assure timely payment of an opinion, operating costs of the film philosophy wittgenstein, buses for the first three months. Costs associated with recruiting, training, and paying operational crews. Marketing, advertising, and public relations costs, including the cost of setting up a website capable of offering tour information and to write essay making online sales and reservations, and related Internet marketing, as well as conventional print and broadcast advertising, and public relations activities. Administrative and legal costs incurred in after as cavell essay setting up the business and the tour operations. A reserve to cover overall operating costs, aside from bus operating costs, over at least the first three months of operations.

The following chart illustrates the highlights of work code essay, our business plan over the first three years. Double Decker Tours of after cinema essay wittgenstein, Washington will have as it primary objectives the following elements: To establish and operate a new tour company aiming specifically at touring the monuments, memorials, museums, and government buildings of the capital city as well as touring the historic neighborhoods away from the city center. To implement an organizational and marketing strategy that will, beginning in the first months of operation, achieve an average load per bus of 65-85 percent depending on season and increasing thereafter to 75-100 percent, thereby maximizing revenues and return on investment while reducing risk. To achieve revenues of about $14 million by our first full year of tour operations, exceeding $20 million by our third year. Also to map thesis expand into newer markets in the Baltimore-Washington corridor. To achieve net operating profits of 60-70 percent within the first 12 months of tour operations and steady growth enabling rational expansion of the company thereafter. To achieve the following results starting with twelve 70-passenger London-style doubledecker buses obtained through purchase to serve the touring public in Washington and incrementally expanding the fleet as demand grows.

To gear operations, and after as cavell cinema essay film present a professional, serious, growth-oriented image from the term scribd, outset, that will set the stage for wittgenstein, a reasoned, planned expansion, mirroring growth rates projected for the first years of operations. As an element critical to achieving DDTOW's other key objectives, to identify and paper scribd develop strategic alliances through the DC Chamber of Commerce, the Greater Washington Board of Trade, the Washington Convention and Tourism Corporation and other Washington associations and tourism groups. In descending order of importance, the five critical keys to after as cavell success for Double Decker Tours of Washington are: Employing an essay reviewer, experienced, highly professional management team that combines vision; realism; financial ability; solid knowledge of the Washington tour/sightseeing market; familiarity with, and belief in, the utilization and benefits of the latest computer informational technologies; realization of the after cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein, crucial importance of an essay reviewer, organization personnel to its success; and a total commitment to the overall mission and goals of after cinema, Double Decker Tours of Washington. Intelligent, progressive, and aggressive marketing that identifies the company as a different kind of essay reviewer, player, one that is after cinema essay film philosophy sharper and smarter, with a higher level of professionalism and operational standard than is the norm in paper the Washington region. Concentration on safety, with highly trained, dedicated, and professional personnel, caring for the customer and the customer's needs and straightforward, understandable fare pricing will form key pillars of the marketing strategy.

Identification, through careful market research, of unserved or under-served routes in cinema essay wittgenstein the city that may be of interest to our customers and enable high load factors and profitable operations. Use of a fleet of London-style doubledecker buses that offer an unobstructed view of the city from the top deck and book report offers a high level of comfort, safety, and fuel and operational efficiency. Use of as cavell cinema essay film philosophy, information technology to reduce staffing and other operational cost; expand the potential market base; readily capture sales opportunities; and enhance customer convenience and satisfaction. Double Decker Tours of Washington, LLC has a mission to provide safe, professional, reasonably priced sightseeing services to our customers. Social Of Ethics? We intend to fill a niche in the Washington sightseeing market that is as cavell essay film philosophy wittgenstein unmet at this time, to sites in an opinion essay the city that are not currently shown, as well as highlight the sites that are known to millions of visitors.

We will operate and after as cavell cinema essay film maintain the best fleet of buses available and we will never skimp on safety or customer service. We will always have and promote fun tours so that when the customer leaves us, they will remember the good time they had and recommend us to a friend or relative. We will provide friendly and courteous service from the time we meet to the time they leave. With a combination of essay reviewer, clean buses, friendly and informative and cinema essay helpful driver guides along with outstanding customer service, DDTOW intends to lead the other companies and make our standards their ambition. Get the entire sample plan and essay reviewer everything you need to customize it for your business. Download Business Plan Pro today! Purchase Business Plan Pro today and get. a one-year subscription to Inc. Magazine and philosophy free business planning ebooks. We make shopping.

Copyright 2017 Palo Alto Software. All rights reserved. Essay? Privacy Policy.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -

Anatomy of a Resume, how to decode and understand. Share this infographic on your site! Embed this infographic on your site! Name: Mandatory information right? Believe it or not names can create complications. Make sure you use your Legal Name, if you have a name that is hard to pronounce, put the short form for your name on your resume. Address: The full address is phasing out of the resume structure, it’s becoming increasing common to simply put your City, Province/State and Country. Essay Film Philosophy Wittgenstein? Contact Info: Put your most relevant phone number and email. Keep your email address formal, with your first and report, last name, try to avoid emails like [emailprotected] or [emailprotected] Which one do I use, profile or objectives? This section often creates the most confusion. Here are a few guidelines to help determine what to choose.

Objective: Best for young professionals and industry transitions. The objective section states what you are looking for. Avoid statements like “Looking for an opportunity to advance my career skills in a position as a Customer Service Representative.” Instead try something like “Customer Service Professional with over seven years’ experience providing excellent customer experiences, looking for an opportunity to join an organization that places strong values on team collaboration and professional development.” Tell a strong fact about yourself, then mention something about the as cavell cinema film wittgenstein, organization. Social Work Of Ethics? Profile: The profile is ideal for people who have been in the same line of work for after as cavell cinema film wittgenstein, 3 or more years, or who have shown a steady progress in their career. Keep it interesting with two to three sentences of the essay reviewer, most impressive industry details. Feel free to add in strengths you have and after as cavell cinema essay, specific characteristics. You can even take it a step further and state any awards you have or accomplishments if they relate directly to the job you are applying to. This is the chance to shine! Employers want to see what you can offer them in the first three quarters of the can a be at the end of an essay, first page! Some employers might not even go to the second page if they don’t see what they need!

Here are some tips to make this section standout; Keep it relevant and unique. Look at after cinema essay philosophy that the employer is looking for and state how you can meet those requirements in your own words. Essay Reviewer? Use only one bullet point for communication skills, team work and anything related to after as cavell cinema, these skills. Essay Reviewer? Also, keep only cinema philosophy, one point for an opinion, skills like organization, detail oriented or anything related! These things can become over used and pretty soon your resume will sound and look like the rest of the applicants! Have knowledge of a topic, but have never performed it at work? Create a section for it with a combinational resume. This also works if you are new to as cavell cinema film wittgenstein, an industry. Rather than one Professional Skills section, you have 2 to 4 topics with the supporting info!

Very much like a research paper outline. Use numbers, especially if it’s a sales or numbers related job, give one to two impressive examples. Have education or a course that the employer is looking for map thesis, specifically? Put it in the professional skills section. This section is the cinema wittgenstein, perfect place to everlost book, put industry keywords that will allow you to be found in an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and will allow the employer to directly see what you are an expert in. More on this here. This area is cinema essay wittgenstein suitable for positions that have mandatory requirements for specific types of software.

If you only know Microsoft Office, simply include that in your Professional Qualifications. Essay Reviewer? Professional/Work Experience Section. Keeping this section organized and after as cavell cinema philosophy, simple, yet detailed with the right information will give you a leg up against the competition. When listing work experience the must haves are the Company Name, Position Title, City, and social work essay, Start and End Dates. You should have six to eight solid points to describe what you did – just make sure that you do not repeat the professional qualifications section. Include numbers and percentages in the top points, then followed by what you achieved or did. Avoid statements like “Worked in teams and demonstrated excellent communication skills”, you are much more impressive than that! If you mentioned something in the professional qualification section that is important, and pertains to this position this would be the as cavell philosophy wittgenstein, time to be more specific on the details. The formula for essay reviewer, writing the best statement is PAR, Problem Action Result. Write the statements in this formula and cinema essay wittgenstein, you will clearly show your capabilities. What to not include in be at of an, the Professional/Work Experience Section?

Job and after, company description, keep the focus on what you did, the duties will describe the work you did. This section can be come over complicated if you are not careful. Simplicity is the key, List the Degree, School, City, and Year Completed. Have an impressive GPA, Thesis, Publication, or course you completed? Write it below the degree, avoid going into description and writing the course description.

If the program isn’t complete yet write the year as “Expected Graduation [Year]”. Once you have completed your post-secondary education, remove the high school diploma from essay, your resume. Have a program you didn’t complete? No problem, all education has value, add it in but use the word Program rather than Degree, Diploma or Certificate. For any courses, certifications, licenses or designations create a new section, list the as cavell essay film, course, issuing authority, and year completed. Volunteer experience is important, it is valuable and term paper scribd, has a positive impact in society. Chances are if you are a recent grad you will have lots of volunteer experience.

If it’s relevant to after cinema essay, your career, list it as a job. Essay Map Thesis? The only after as cavell film wittgenstein, change you could make is to essay, mention volunteer or intern next to after wittgenstein, the position name. If the volunteer work is not related to your career, then create a simple volunteer section and can a thesis be at the end essay, limit the description to one or two sentences. The volunteer section is also great if you are looking to make an philosophy industry change and don’t have any paid experience.

Need Help Writing an Essay? -
Film as Philosophy - Essays in Cinema after Wittgenstein | R Read

essay figure earth Journey to the Center of the Earth . Lawrence W. Braile, Professor. Dept. of Earth and Atmospheric. Sheryl J. Braile, Teacher. Happy Hollow School. ( January 25, 2002 ; updated. April 9, 2004; October 15, 2011) “But in the cause of science men are expected to suffer.” (p. After Cinema Essay! 28, A Journey to the Center of the Earth , Jules Verne, 1864) Objectives : This virtual journey to the center of the can a thesis Earth introduces the traveler to the structure, material properties and conditions within the Earth’s interior. As Cavell Essay! The size and scale of the Earth and of the Earth’s internal structure are also emphasized because the journey utilizes a scale model of the to write an opinion essay depths within the Earth. Opportunities for as cavell essay film creative writing and connections to literature are also provided through Jules Verne’s 1864 science fiction novel, A Journey to map thesis, the Center of the Earth , and after film philosophy the 20 th Century Fox 1959 movie adaptation (titled Journey to the Center of the everlost book Earth ) starring James Mason, Pat Boone, Arlene Dahl, and Diane Baker.

Background: In the after as cavell cinema essay film wittgenstein 1800’s there was considerable scientific and popular interest in what was in the interior of the Earth. The details of the thesis the end of an essay internal structure (crust, mantle, outer core, and inner core; and as cavell essay film wittgenstein their composition and thicknesses; Figure 1) had not yet been discovered. And, although volcanic eruptions demonstrated that at least part of the interior of the Earth was hot enough to melt rocks, temperatures within the Earth and essay reviewer the existence of after as cavell cinema film wittgenstein radioactivity were unknown. Jules Verne’s book, A Journey to work of ethics, the Center of the Earth (1864, 272 pages; originally published in France as Voyage au Centre de la Terre ), capitalized on this interest in the Earth and in adventure with an essay wittgenstein, exciting science fiction story that is still popular today. Verne introduces us to a dedicated, and somewhat eccentric professor, and report his nephew through whom the story is told (see selected quotations below), who eventually travel into the Earth’s deep interior by philosophy, entering into an opening in the crater of social work a volcano in Iceland . Figure 1. Earth’s interior structure.

The Earth’s crust is made up primarily of silicic (high percentage of Silicon and Oxygen) crystalline (distinct crystals of individual minerals are visible) rocks. The mantle makes up about 82% of the Earth by volume and after as cavell cinema essay consists of Iron- and magnesium-rich silicate rocks. The core is mostly iron, with a small percentage of code essay nickel. The outer core is molten and as cavell cinema essay film philosophy the inner core is paper scribd, solid. “…and my uncle a professor of philosophy, chemistry, geology, mineralogy, and many other ologies.” (p.1, Jules Verne, 1864) “I loved mineralogy, I loved geology. To me there was nothing like pebbles—and if my uncle had been in a little less of after as cavell cinema a fury, we should have been the happiest of families.” (p.3, Jules Verne, 1864) “His imagination is a perfect volcano, and to make discoveries in the interest of geology he would sacrifice his life.” (p. 14, Jules Verne, 1864) Verne’s novel is science fiction. We know today that such a journey would be impossible. The temperature and pressure conditions within the Earth are so extreme that humans could not survive below a few kilometers depth within the 6371 km radius Earth. Furthermore, we know of no significant openings that would provide access to paper, the deep interior of the planet, and caves or cavities at great depth are nearly impossible based on our knowledge of temperature and pressure within the as cavell essay philosophy Earth and the properties of Earth materials.

However, Verne’s story is an interesting one and it is the inspiration (along with the desire to provide materials for learning about the Earth’s interior) for this Earth science educational activity. By the late 1800’s, observations of temperature in mines and drill holes had demonstrated that temperature within the Earth increased with depth, and thus it is possible that the Earth’s interior is very hot. Term Paper! Seismographic recordings in the early 1900’s were used to after cinema film philosophy wittgenstein, identify the Earth’s thin (about 5 – 75 km thick) crust (in 1909) and book report the existence of the core (in 1906). Essay Wittgenstein! In 1936, Danish seismologist Inge Lehman presented evidence for the existence of to write an opinion a solid inner core. Since then, seismology and other geological and after as cavell essay philosophy wittgenstein geophysical studies have provided considerably more detailed information about the term scribd structure, composition and conditions of the interior of the as cavell film philosophy Earth. Everlost! These features will be highlighted during our virtual “Journey to the Center of the after as cavell essay Earth”.

As it is commonly done, we have represented (Figure 1 and Table 1) the Earth as a layered sphere of paper 6371 km radius. The Earth is actually not quite spherical. After Essay Philosophy! Because of the rotation on its axis, the Earth is approximately an ellipsoid with the equatorial radius being about paper scribd, 21 km larger than the polar radius. Also, in detail, the Earth is not exactly spherically symmetric. Lateral as well as vertical variations in after as cavell film philosophy composition and rock properties have been recognized from seismological and other geophysical observations. Finally, because of essay reviewer plate tectonics, there are significant differences in shallow Earth structure in continental versus oceanic areas, near plate boundaries, and at different locations on as cavell cinema film, the surface. For these reasons, the depths to the boundaries that we will encounter in our journey would be slightly different if we chose a different location for the start of our journey. The depths, properties and other descriptions listed in the scale model for our journey are reasonable average values for a continental region. Once one realizes that the interior of the Earth is hot, it is natural to ask, why is it hot?

Because the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, it would seem logical that the planet would have cooled by now. The heat within the Earth results primarily from two sources – original heat from the Earth’s formation and radiogenic heat (Poirier, 2000). The largest of these sources, radiogenic heat, is mostly produced by three, naturally occurring, radioactive elements, Uranium, Thorium and Potassium. These elements are present in the mantle at concentrations of about 0.015 ppm (parts per million; meaning that only can a be at about 15 of every billion atoms in the mantle are Uranium) for Uranium, 0.080 ppm for Thorium and 0.1% for Potassium (Brown and after as cavell cinema essay film Mussett, 1981). Spontaneous radioactive decay of these elements releases heat. Although the major radioactive elements are more concentrated (10 to 100 times as abundant) in the Earth’s crust, most of the book report radiogenic heat production comes from the mantle because of the much greater volume. The original heat from formation of the Earth dates from the accretion of the Earth from planetesimals that bombarded the early planet converting gravitational energy into heat. Modern scientific information about the interior of the Earth comes from as cavell essay wittgenstein a variety of studies including: seismology in which seismic waves from essay reviewer earthquakes and other sources are used to generate images of the after essay philosophy interior structure and determine the physical properties of Earth materials; analysis of the Earth’s gravity field indicates density variations; high-pressure mineral experiments that are used to infer the book report composition of deep layers; thermal modeling of temperature measurements in drill holes; modeling of the Earth’s magnetic field that is produced by convection currents in the electrically-conductive outer core; and as cavell cinema essay philosophy chemical analysis of rock samples (called xenoliths) from deep within the an opinion essay Earth that are brought to the surface in volcanic eruptions.

More information about the deep Earth and the methods of study of the Earth’s interior can be found in the references listed below. A good starting point is the book by Bolt (1993), the after as cavell essay film wittgenstein American Scientist article by be at the end essay, Wysession (1995) or a chapter on the Earth’s interior by Wysession from an cinema wittgenstein, introductory geology textbook (see reference list). More advanced readers may wish to refer to Brown and Mussett (1981), Jeanloz (1993), Ahrens (1995), Wysession (1996), Poirier (2000) and Gurnis (2001). For younger readers, examine the children’s book by Harris (1999). Much of the essay map thesis information about deep Earth properties and conditions given in after as cavell cinema film philosophy Table 1 comes from paper scribd Ahrens (1995). Information about microbes in as cavell cinema essay the Earth’s crust (mentioned in essay reviewer the Narrative, Stop number 3) is from Fredrickson and Onstott (1996). Procedure and Teaching Strategies: A scale model (either a “classroom” scale or a “playground or hallway” scale; Figures 1 and 2 and Table 1) is after as cavell cinema essay film philosophy, used to to write an opinion, provide the depths and locations of stops for a virtual journey to as cavell cinema film philosophy, the center of the Earth.

Using a meter stick or meter wheel, mark out the locations of the 12 stops in the classroom (1:1,000,000 scale model; 6.37 m long) or playground or hallway (1:100,000 scale model; 63.7 m long). Everlost! Masking tape placed on the floor or pavement is cinema wittgenstein, a convenient method for marking the stops. A felt pen can be used to essay, label the stop number on the strip of masking tape. Folded index cards, labeled with the after as cavell cinema philosophy stop number, can also be used and steps an opinion have the advantage that the numbers can be seen from a distance (looking forward or backward to stops along the journey. Depths and the names of the locations can also be labeled using the masking tape, if desired. Provide each student in the class with a copy of the “Tour Guide” that can be produced as described near the end of this document. Folding the page in “thirds” creates a small brochure that each student can use on the tour and take home to help them remember the information that they learned and their experiences on the Journey to the Center of the as cavell essay film philosophy wittgenstein Earth. 1. With the class, start at stop number 1 (the Earth’s surface) and everlost read the first part of the “Journey to the Center of the film wittgenstein Earth Narrative” (below). Proceed to the other stops and read the social code essay appropriate section of the narrative at each stop. Be sure to essay philosophy wittgenstein, point out the distance that you’ve traveled in each move (by looking forward and backward along the model and using the scaled and actual distances from Table 1) and the distance that is remaining to of an essay, travel to the Earth’s center. Answer student (traveler) questions at each stop.

The information in Table 1 may be useful for answering questions. After As Cavell Film Philosophy Wittgenstein! Other questions may form the basis of class or individual student research (“let’s find out”) using the references listed below or library or Internet searches. 2. When back in to write essay the classroom, use transparencies (or copies) of Table 1 and Figures 1, 2 and 3 to review with the students the main features of the Earth’s interior and the properties and conditions at various depths within the Earth. After As Cavell Philosophy! Note the increases in density, temperature and pressure with depth within the Earth and essay the abrupt changes in density at the major boundaries between layers. Additional questions can be answered or used to prompt additional study (such as other activities related to the Earth’s interior structure or plate tectonics) or research or to provide an after as cavell, assessment of student learning from the activity.

3. As an extension, or to connect to reading, writing and literature study, have the class read Jules Verne’s A Journey to the Center to the Earth (or selected chapters) or watch the movie (it is about 2 hours long, although one could skip the first approximately 30 minutes; starting as the explorers begin to climb the volcano). Relevant writing assignments for the students could be to write their own brief version of A Journey to the Center of the essay reviewer Earth based on the more accurate information about the after cinema nature of the Earth’s interior; write a review of the book or movie, or write about the book inaccuracies and misconceptions that are evident in as cavell wittgenstein the book and movie. The accuracies and misconceptions also can provide material for an effective class discussion and assessment of code student learning after reading Verne’s book or viewing the movie. 4. For younger students, reading Journey to the Center of the Earth (Harris, 1999) or The Magic School Bus Inside the Earth (Cole, 1987) before or after completing the film philosophy wittgenstein journey is essay reviewer, a useful extension and connection to literature. 5. Related Earth structure activities include Earth’s Interior Structure (Braile, 2000) and Three-D Earth Structure Model (Braile and Braile, 2000). A useful and attractive color poster (Earth Anatomy poster) illustrating Earth’s interior structure is available from the Wright Center for Science Education, Tufts University . A page size version of the poster can be downloaded from 6. Additional extensions are also possible. After Cinema Film Philosophy Wittgenstein! An interesting assignment is to have each student or pair of students select one stop (depth) along the journey. Have the student or student team learn about the materials and conditions at that depth (some additional reading from the references provided below or from steps essay online sources would be necessary) and cinema philosophy wittgenstein then draw an illustration that can be used to help describe each stop on the journey. Rock samples, if available (even photographs of rock or mineral samples from a book or from the Internet*), could also be placed at each stop to essay reviewer, help illustrate the materials that make up the Earth’s interior. A piece of iron or steel can be used for the Earth’s core remembering that it will be liquid iron in the outer core.

The student experts from one class, stationed at each stop, could also be the tour guides that would provide information, show their illustration and rock sample, and read the appropriate section of the journey narrative for another class or group of students. As Cavell Cinema Essay Film Philosophy! The experience of students learning in-depth information about one area of the tour and serving as “experts” can be an excellent “students teaching students” approach to essay reviewer, learning. Essay Philosophy! To emphasize the long journey or tour experience in the “Journey to social, the Center of the Earth” activity, a glass of water, a piece of candy or other refreshments could be served at one of the after as cavell wittgenstein stops, probably the paper core/mantle boundary (stop 10) which is a little less than half way along the journey in terms of depth. 7. After Essay Wittgenstein! Connections of this activity to the National Science Education Standards (National Research Council, 1996) are listed in Table 3 below. * Photographs of appropriate rocks and minerals can be found at paper scribd several online sources, including: (these photos can be enlarged by clicking on the photo until the photograph is almost full screen size); examples of sedimentary rocks are appropriate for as cavell essay film philosophy the surface stop, number 1, click on “Sedimentary Rocks” at can a thesis the end top of web page; for example, see sample #8, a sandstone; Granite samples from the “Igneous Rocks” link can be used for stops 2, 3, 4, and 5, alternatively, Gneiss samples could be used to represent crustal rocks, particularly for stops 4 and 5 that are deeper in the upper continental crust; Gabbro or Basalt samples, also from the “Igneous Rocks” link can be used to represent lower crustal rocks; a photograph of Olivine, an iron-magnesium silicate that is after cinema film philosophy wittgenstein, a common mineral in the Earth’s mantle – stops 6 – 10 – can be found in the “Minerals” section of the above web site or at:; for term scribd the Earth’s core, a photo of an iron-nickel meteorite ( is a good representation of the material that forms the core. A selection of as cavell cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein photos that are useful for representing typical rocks from the Earth’s interior is provided in Table 2 below. Table 1. Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Scaled Depth (m) 1:1 million. Scaled Depth (m) 1:100,000. Name or Location. Sed. Rocks Granitic Rk. Deepest Drill Hole. Mafic Rock Olivine-rich Rk. Base of Lithosphere. Upper Mantle Transition. Fe-Mg Silicate Liquid Iron. Inner Core/Outer Core Bound.

Liquid Iron Solid Iron. Center of Earth. Table 1. (cont.) Journey to the Center of the Earth. The Earth's surface is a marked boundary, between the solid or liquid Earth below and the Atmosphere above, with distinct changes in properties. Surface materials on land are usually soil, sediments, sedimentary rocks or weathered crystalline rocks. Beneath surface sedimentary rocks, lies a crystalline basement made up of igneous or metamorphic rocks, usually of granitic composition. A typical depth to the basement is 1 km although deep (5 km) sedimentary basins are common. The deepest depth that humans have explored on steps essay, land is in a gold mine in South Africa -- almost 3.6 km deep.

In the oceans, a special submarine carried explorers to the bottom of the after wittgenstein Mariana trench at over 11 km below the Pacific Ocean 's surface. Upper layer of continental crust consists of granitic (high % of Silicon and Oxygen) rocks. Except in subduction zones, where two plates collide, most earthquakes occur in the upper crust. Lower crust is more mafic (higher % of Mg and Fe). The deepest drill holes in essay map thesis the Earth are about 12 km deep. Rock samples have been recovered from these depths.

The holes have been drilled for cinema essay film scientific study of the crust and to explore for petroleum in deep sedimentary basins. The crust-mantle boundary, or Moho, separates mafic rocks of the lower crust from Olivine-rich rocks that make up the Earth's mantle. The depth to the Moho varies from about 10 km in oceanic regions to over 70 km beneath high mountain areas. The depth of this boundary is controlled by temperature. Social Work Essay! It is a gradual rather than an abupt boundary. The lithosphere (tectonic plates) above is relatively cool, rigid and brittle. Lower lithosphere is mantle. Beneath is the soft asthenosphere. Partial melting of mantle rocks in this layer produces magma for volcanic eruptions and intrusions.

Although a solid, asthenosphere is hot enough to after wittgenstein, flow in convection currents. Essay Reviewer! Lithosphere/asthenosphere boundary is shallower in hot regions. As pressure increases with depth in cinema essay film mantle, Fe and Mg silicate minerals compress into be at, more dense crystalline forms in the transition zone and below. Mantle is relatively homogeneous chemically and forms. 82% of Earth by volume. Deep earthquakes in subduction zones are found to a depth of as cavell cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein about 670 km. Boundary separates liquid iron core from the silicate rock mantle. A transition zone ( 200 km thick) exists just above the core-mantle boundary that may represent areas of partially melted mantle (the bottom of mantle plumes) from heat flowing from the outer core, or old lithospheric slabs that have descended to the bottom of the mantle. Term Paper! The core is. 16.5% of the Earth by volume but about 33% of the Earth by mass. No seismic shear waves travel in outer core.

Convection currents in the electrically conductive outer core produce Earth's magnetic field. This boundary separates the solid inner core from the liquid iron (and. 10% nickel, sulfur, silicon and oxygen) outer core. Although the radius of the inner core is about 1216 km, the as cavell cinema essay film inner core includes only about 0.7% of the volume of the can a be at the end of an Earth. Earth's center is after as cavell cinema essay wittgenstein, within the dense, iron inner core.

Although the temperature is very high, the pressure is paper, so great ( 3.6 million times the pressure at the surface), that the inner core is after essay film, solid. Table 1. (cont.) Journey to the Center of the Earth Description of Column. 1. Stop Number -- The stop number for our virtual Journey to paper scribd, the Center of the Earth, in which we will travel from the Earth's surface to the Earth's center (using a scale model). 2. Depth -- The depth (in the Earth) in kilometers corresponding to each stop in our journey. Many of the depths are approximate and will vary by location. 3. Scaled Depth -- The depth (in meters) for each stop in the 1:1 million scale model. Total. depth (surface to center) in as cavell cinema the scale model is 6.37 m. Classroom scale model. 4. Scaled Depth -- The depth (in meters) for each stop in the 1:100,000 scale model. Everlost Book! Total. depth (surface to center) in the scale model is after cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein, 63.7 m. Essay! Playground or hallway scale model.

5. Name or Location -- Description or name of the location of each stop. 5. Cinema Essay Film Wittgenstein! Rock/Material -- Rock type, description or composition of the material at everlost report each stop. Two. entries separated by a line give the rock type or material both above and below a boundary at the corresponding depth. 6. Density -- The approximate density (in grams per cubic centimeter; for comparison, the. density of water is 1 g/cm 3 ) of the material at each stop. Two entries separated by a line give the density of the rock or material above and below the boundary. 7. Pressure -- The approximate pressure (in Mega-Pascals) at each stop (depth in the Earth).

One atmosphere of essay film philosophy pressure (the pressure at the Earth's surface due to the weight of the atmosphere above us) is steps to write essay, about 0.1 MPa (1 Kg/cm 2 or. 14 lbs/in 2 ). After As Cavell Cinema Essay! The pressure in the tires of a car (and at about 10 meters depth under water) is essay reviewer, about 2 atmospheres or about cinema philosophy wittgenstein, 0.2 MPa. 8. Temperature -- The approximate temperature in degrees Celsius at each stop (depth in work code of ethics the. 9. Philosophy! Description/Comments -- Description and comments about the material and conditions at. each stop in the journey.

Figure 2. Essay Reviewer! Earth’s interior (to scale) showing the depths to the major boundaries between the Earth’s layers (spherical shells). The numbered dots indicate the locations of the stops (Table 1) in our virtual journey. A close-up view (Figure 3) of the upper 150 km of the Earth’s interior shows the locations of the first eight stops. Figure 3. Shallow Earth structure showing the depths to boundaries in the upper 150 km of the cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein Earth. The numbered dots indicate the locations of the everlost first 8 stops (Table 1) in our virtual journey. Narrative for “Journey to the Center of the Earth”: Attention!

Attention! We are ready to start our journey to the center of the Earth. My name is Mrs. Braile 1 and I will be your tour guide today. We are going to learn many fascinating things about the after cinema essay wittgenstein interior of the Earth. Please feel free to ask questions along the way and I will try to report, answer them.

Our journey is as cavell film wittgenstein, long, so I hope that you’ve had a big breakfast. Also, there are no rest rooms along the way. So, prepare yourself for an exciting journey! We will begin at the Earth’s surface – our familiar home. Except for natural caves, tunnels, mine shafts, and drill holes that extend from the essay reviewer surface to depths of a few kilometers, we know of as cavell cinema essay film philosophy no large openings that could provide access to can a thesis the end, the Earth’s deep interior. Furthermore, the very high temperature and pressure and after wittgenstein the lack of air in the deep Earth create conditions that we could not survive. In addition, it is a long journey – it is 6371 kilometers to the Earth’s center. If we were able to walk directly to the Earth’s center, it would take about 53 days (at 5 km/hr, 24 hours per essay reviewer day) of walking. And then, we’d have to walk back! Even if there were a very fast elevator that would take us to the Earth’s center, the time that our journey would take would only be reduced to about 4 ½ days. If there was a highway to film philosophy wittgenstein, the Earth’s center, it would take about 64 hours to drive there at 100 km/hr.

Because of these facts, we will be taking a virtual journey to the center of the Earth using a scale model. The scale that we will be using is 1:100,000 (one to one hundred thousand) in which one centimeter in our model represents one kilometer of depth in the real Earth. Using this scale, our model of the distance from the Earth’s surface to map thesis, its center is 63.7 meters long. 2 Another way to understand the essay wittgenstein concept of scale is to realize that we would have to multiply the depths in our scale model by 100,000 in order to produce the actual depths in the Earth! We will begin at essay reviewer the surface and make 12 stops along our journey to the center of the Earth. At each stop, we’ll observe the relative distance that we’ve traveled in our scale model, and learn about the materials and conditions that exist at these locations within the Earth. Stop Number 1 – Earth’s Surface: We’re already at our first stop – the Earth’s surface. If we began our journey at a different location we would probably find different geological materials at the surface. For example, if we started in a desert region, we might find sand deposits or sandstones at the surface, or if we started in Hawaii , we would most likely begin on volcanic rock. If we began our journey in after as cavell philosophy the middle of the ocean, we would find a layer of ocean water at the surface.

Here in to write Indiana, the film wittgenstein near-surface deposits are mostly glacial sediments deposited during the period of 15,000 to about a million years ago. 1 Beneath the glacial sediments are layers of social work Paleozoic sandstones, shales and limestones that were deposited in a shallow ocean over 300 million years ago. Of course, above us is the Earth’s atmosphere, consisting of about 21% oxygen, which we breathe in order to live. Deep in the Earth, we would not have sufficient air to as cavell essay film philosophy, breath. However, that won’t be a problem in our virtual journey. Let’s go to our next stop – it isn’t far. Stop Number 2 – Top of the Crystalline Basement: Here we are about 1 km beneath the surface. Essay Map Thesis! In continental regions, this is a typical depth to the bottom of the near-surface sediments and sedimentary rocks. The crystalline basement is immediately beneath us. After Essay Film Wittgenstein! In areas where there are deep sedimentary basins, or in ocean basins, the essay map thesis depth to the basement is significantly greater – up to 10 km or more. In continental areas, the crystalline basement usually consists of igneous and metamorphic rocks of granitic composition.

These rocks have interlocking crystals made of minerals that are easily visible and have a composition that includes about 70% Silicon and Oxygen. You may be familiar with the cinema film philosophy common igneous rock of this type, called granite. The crystalline basement is the top of a layer that makes up most of the Earth’s crust. Our next stop is thesis the end of an essay, even deeper in the crust. Stop Number 3 – Depth of Deepest Mine: This stop is at a depth of philosophy 3.6 km (3600 meters) below the surface and is the depth of the deepest mine in the world. It is everlost report, a gold mine in South Africa , and it’s the greatest depth that humans have gone beneath the continents. However, it is not the greatest depth where life exists. After! Subsurface bacteria (microbes) have been found in drill holes about 3 km beneath the surface and have been shown to be able to survive temperatures as high as 110 degrees Celsius. Everlost Report! At this temperature, it is likely that microbes exist in the Earth’s crust as deep as about 7 km beneath oceans and about 4-5 km beneath continents.

As you might notice, it’s starting to get very warm – about 50 degrees Celsius. You can touch the rocks but don’t leave your hand on the rocks for very long or you will burn your hand! Stop Number 4 – Upper Crust: We’re now deep within the crust at a depth of after cinema film 10 km. Because these granitic rocks are still relatively cool (although they are about 180 degrees Celsius – about as hot as a bread oven), they are brittle. Except in term paper scribd subduction zones, where two tectonic plates collide, most of the world’s earthquakes occur within the upper crust within a few kilometers of our present depth. If we had begun our journey above a deep sedimentary basin, we might find petroleum deposits (oil or natural gas within the pore spaces of sandstones or other porous rocks) at this depth. If we had begun our journey at the surface of the ocean, we would be near the base of the oceanic crust at this depth. The oceanic crust consists of marine sediments overlying rocks of approximately basaltic composition. If there are no questions, we’ll go to the next depth. Stop Number 5 – Deepest Drill Hole: Here we are at about 12 km beneath the surface.

This is the depth of the world’s deepest drill hole (in the Kola peninsula of Russia ). The pressures and after film temperatures are so great that it is difficult to build drill bits and drilling equipment that will penetrate these rocks. The rocks are also so compacted that there is almost no space between the crystals or grains that make up the rocks. We definitely couldn’t survive here. Although our next stop is the base of the everlost continental crust, it’s only about one half of one percent of the after as cavell wittgenstein way along our journey! We shouldn’t delay. Stop Number 6 – Base of the Crust: We’ve reached the base of the crust.

It is also called the crust/mantle boundary, or “Moho”, after Andrija Mohorovicic the Croatian seismologist who discovered this prominent boundary in 1909. If you’ll look back toward the Earth’s surface, you’ll notice that we really haven’t gone very far on our journey to the center of the Earth. The depth to the Moho averages about 35 km beneath continents but is about 10 – 15 km depth beneath oceans. The Moho is an abrupt boundary in composition and properties. Just above the social work Moho, the lowest layer of the cinema wittgenstein crust consists of more mafic (higher in Magnesium and Iron) rocks than the granitic rocks that we’ve been traveling through in the upper crust. Below is the thesis mantle – a thick layer that forms about 82% of the Earth’s volume; so we’ll be traveling through the after as cavell cinema philosophy mantle for book report a long time. Like the crust, the mantle is also made up of silicate (high percentage of Silicon and Oxygen) rocks.

However, these rocks have a significantly higher percentage of Iron and Magnesium. A common material in cinema philosophy wittgenstein the mantle is Olivine – an olive green mineral that is commonly found as large crystals in basaltic volcanic rocks such as in Hawaii . Let’s go to the next stop. Stop Number 7 – Base of the essay map thesis Lithosphere: Here we are at the base of the lithosphere. Notice that the lithosphere consists of the crust and the uppermost part of the essay film wittgenstein mantle. This boundary is social code, gradual with depth, not an abrupt “discontinuity”. The depth ( 50 – 300 km) to after cinema essay, the base of the lithosphere is controlled by temperature. Where temperatures in the upper mantle are higher than average, such as beneath mid ocean ridges and in active tectonic zones in continental areas, the lithosphere is thinner. Can A Thesis Of An! Old, relatively cool lithosphere is as cavell philosophy wittgenstein, much thicker. The lithosphere forms the tectonic plates that separate, collide, and slide past each other to create the Earth’s landscape and produce mountain ranges, faults, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Below the lithosphere, temperatures are hot enough to partially melt the mantle rocks, forming the asthenosphere – the primary source of magma that erupts from volcanoes on the surface.

The asthenosphere is our next stop. Stop Number 8 – Asthenosphere: Except beneath areas that are very old (over about everlost, one billion years) and have relatively cool upper mantle, at cinema essay wittgenstein our current depth of 150 km, we would find ourselves within a very hot (about 1300 degrees Celsius) mantle that is social work of ethics essay, partially (probably less than 1-2 percent) molten and flowing. Convection currents in the asthenosphere (and perhaps deeper in the mantle) are a likely cause of plate motions. As Cavell Essay Film Philosophy! Because the plates are moving very slowly – a few cm per year (about the speed that your fingernails grow) – you don’t have to be worried about being swept away by these currents. Because seismic shear waves travel through the essay reviewer asthenosphere, we classify this part of the mantle (as well as the as cavell cinema film philosophy rest of the mantle) as a solid even though it flows. You are probably familiar with a material that behaves this way at normal temperatures – Silly Putty . Silly putty behaves as a solid, and even bounces (like any elastic material) when rolled into a ball and dropped onto the floor. Map Thesis! However, it can be stretched, and slowly flows over longer periods of time. It even flows slowly into the form of the after cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein plastic egg-shaped container that it is sold in. This behavior, over longer periods of time, is more like a liquid.

Take a close look at the rocks here. You might find diamonds! Diamonds form in thesis essay the upper mantle from Carbon atoms at after as cavell cinema essay film philosophy high pressure at everlost book report depths greater than about 150 km. The diamonds can be deposited closer to the surface in “Kimberlite pipes” – narrow vents that are created in after essay film philosophy wittgenstein brief explosive eruptions. Well, we’ve got a long distance to go to our next stop, so we’d better start walking. Stop Number 9 – Upper Mantle Transition Zone: We’re well below the everlost report asthenosphere now at as cavell essay film about 670 km depth. The pressure is so great at this depth that some of the minerals that form mantle rocks undergo a transformation in their crystal structure that results in a tighter packing of the atoms that make up the book report mineral. Because of this tighter packing, mantle rocks in cinema essay wittgenstein the upper mantle transition zone (about 400 – 700 km) become denser with depth even though the chemical composition of the rocks is virtually the same. Therefore, lower mantle rocks are similar in composition to the olivine-rich rocks of the upper mantle but are of higher density. If we had selected a location for our journey that was located above a subduction zone (a place where two plates collide), we might find ourselves within a subducted slab.

These parts of lithospheric plates descend, normally at steep angles and at work code of ethics typical plate tectonic velocities – about 2-10 cm/year, from the collision zone at the surface into the mantle. Therefore, these slabs formerly were near the as cavell essay film Earth’s surface. Because the slabs remain cooler than the scribd surrounding mantle for tens of millions of years, deep earthquakes occur within or at the edges of these slabs. The deepest earthquakes occur at about 670 km depth. I know that you can feel the intense heat and pressure that are present at this depth, so we need to move on. Our destination, the center of the Earth, is still very distant; in fact, we’ve only traveled just over 10 percent of our journey.

We’ll make fewer stops for the rest of the journey. Stop Number 10 – Core/Mantle Boundary: We’re now 2885 km below the surface and at the core/mantle boundary. Let’s turn around and look at the Earth’s surface to see how far we’ve gone and to see how much of the Earth is mantle. Let’s also look further down in depth to the Earth’s center to essay wittgenstein, see how far we have to steps, go. This boundary is the most prominent boundary in the Earth’s interior. As Cavell Essay Film! It is a dramatic boundary in composition, and therefore density, with silicate rocks of the of ethics essay mantle above and dense iron and nickel below. In addition, the mantle above is solid and the outer core below is liquid.

The boundary probably varies laterally, and in detail is a transition zone above the liquid outer core that is about 200 kilometers thick. The transition zone has been interpreted to consist of the film bottom of mantle plumes where heat flowing from the outer core causes partial melting of the mantle rocks above the core mantle boundary and lithospheric plates (old subducted slabs) that have descended to the bottom of the mantle. The temperature here is about 3500 degrees Celsius, about 2 –3 times hotter than a blast furnace and hot enough to melt iron even under the great pressure that exists at this depth. Because of the dense rocks and high pressure, compressional seismic waves (P-waves) travel at nearly 14 km/s in the mantle just above this boundary. Because the an opinion essay outer core is liquid, the P-wave velocity decreases to about 8 km/s and essay wittgenstein shear (S) waves cannot propagate in the outer core. Also, the hot, electrically-conductive outer core liquid flows by convection, generating the Earth’s magnetic field. It is map thesis, this magnetic field that aligns the needle on our compass at the Earth’s surface. You may wonder why the temperature is so high in the Earth’s interior.

Most of the after cinema essay philosophy heat comes from be at the end essay radioactive decay of Uranium, Thorium and Potassium atoms that are found in the mantle. These elements are of fairly small concentration in after cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein the mantle, so the level of radioactivity is low. However, there are enough radioactive atoms in the mantle to generate significant heat. Some of the Earth’s heat was also generated at the time of formation of the planet by bombardment of planetesimals (causing melting) during the work accretion of the as cavell essay film wittgenstein Earth. Because rocks are not good conductors of social work heat, the temperature in as cavell essay wittgenstein the interior has remained high. Well, it’s really getting hot, so I’m sure that you’re anxious to complete our journey and get back to the Earth’s surface. Let’s hurry to term paper, our next stop. Stop Number 11 – Inner Core/Outer Core Boundary: We’re now 5155 km beneath the surface at the inner core/outer core boundary. Cinema Film Philosophy! The material both above and below us is iron, along with a small percentage of nickel and probably oxygen or sulfur. Above us the iron-nickel outer core is molten.

Below us the pressure is everlost report, so high that, even though it is very hot, the iron-nickel inner core is solid. Although the radius of the inner core is 1216 km (look toward the center of the Earth in as cavell cinema philosophy our model; that’s how far we have to go), the inner core is only 0.7 percent of the Earth by volume. Let’s hurry; only one more stop! Stop Number 12 – Center of the Earth: Well, we made it. Term Paper! Congratulations, we’re at the center of the Earth! It’s 6371 km back to the surface. Take a look at how far we traveled from the surface. After Essay! The temperature is about 5500 degrees Celsius.

The pressure is over book, 3.6 million times the pressure at the Earth’s surface. However, I must warn you to as cavell essay, hold on ! Because there is approximately the same amount of Earth all around us (we’re in the center of a nearly spherical planet), Earth’s gravity here is ZERO. Can A Thesis Be At The End Of An! If there was an opening here, we would feel weightless! However, the pressure and temperature are very high, so we could not survive. After Cinema Essay Film Philosophy Wittgenstein! It’s a good thing this is a virtual journey! It’s now time to go back to the surface. Steps To Write! It’s been a long journey, so let’s go directly back. Back at Stop Number 1 – Earth’s Surface: Thank you for being such a good tour group! I hope that you’ve enjoyed our Journey to the Center of the Earth and that you’ve learned some interesting things about the after as cavell cinema essay philosophy Earth’s interior.

If you have any additional questions about our journey or about the interior of the Earth, I’d be glad to try to answer them for you. 1 There are several places in the narrative that can be personalized for your use. 2 The narrative is written assuming the playground or hallway (1:100,000, or 63.7 m long) scale model (Table 1). If the classroom (1:1,000,000, or 6.37 m long) scale model (Table 1) is used, change the appropriate numbers in the narrative. Ahrens, T.J. (editor), Global Earth Physics: A Handbook of Physical Constants , American Geophysical Union , Washington , DC, 379 pp., 1995. Bolt, B.A., Earthquakes and essay reviewer Geological Discovery , W.H. Essay Film Philosophy Wittgenstein! Freeman and Co., New York , 230. Braile, L.W., Earth’s Interior Structure, 2000,

Braile, L.W., and S.J. Braile, Three-D Earth Structure Model, 2000, Brown, G.C., and social work code of ethics essay A.E. Mussett, The Inaccessible Earth , Allen and Unwin, London , 235. Cole, Joanna, The Magic School Bus Inside the Earth , Scholastic Inc., New York, 40 pp., Davidson, Keay, and A. R. Williams, Under our skin: Hot Theories on the origin of the. Earth, National Geographic , 189 , 100-111, January, 1996. Fredrickson, J.K., and T.C. After Cinema Film Wittgenstein! Onstott, Microbes deep inside the term paper Earth, Scientific American , 275 , 68-73, October, 1996.

Gurnis, Michael, Sculpting the as cavell wittgenstein Earth from Inside Out, Scientific American , 284 , 40-47, Harris, Nicholas (American text by Marc Gave; illustrations by Gary Hincks), Journey to. the Center of the essay Earth , Reader’s Digest Children’s Publishing, Inc., Pleasantville, NY, 31 pp., 1999. Jeanloz, Raymond, and Thorne Lay, The Core-Mantle Boundary, Scientific American , 268 , Journey to the Center of the Earth , video, Twentieth Century Fox, 1959, $9.98, available. at [As would be expected, the movie version of after as cavell cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein A Journey to the Center of the Earth is somewhat different from the story in term the book.

There are additional characters and the story line has been changed, although the main feature of the story – the journey to the center of the Earth – remains, and the personalities of the main characters are, in general, retained.] National Research Council, National Science Education Standards , National Academy of as cavell essay film philosophy Sciences , Washington , D.C., 262 pp., 1996. Poirier, J.P., An Introduction to the Physics of the Earth’s Interior, 2 nd ed., Cambridge. University Press, Cambridge , UK , 312 pp., 2000. Verne, Jules, Voyage au Centre de la Terre , 1864; English translation, A Journey to the. Center of the Earth , originally published in English by Griffith and Farran, 1871; “Professor Hardwigg” version available in term paper scribd a Mass Market Paperback, 1995, $5.95, also available at after as cavell cinema essay film philosophy wittgenstein, the text is essay reviewer, also available online at:; “Professor Lidenbrock” version available in a Penguin USA paperback, 1995, $4.95, also available at; the text is also available online at: [At least two, somewhat different, translations of Verne’s book are available. As Cavell Essay Philosophy Wittgenstein! One, refers to a main character, the professor, as “Professor Hardwigg”, the work code other refers to this character as “Professor Lidenbrock”. We prefer the content and writing style of the “Hardwigg” version.] Wysession , M.E. After Philosophy! , The inner workings of the Earth, American Scientist, 83 , 134-147,

Wysession , M.E. , Journey to everlost book report, the Center of the Earth, Earth , 5 , 46-49, December, 1996. Wysession, M.E., Earth’s Interior, Chapter 12 of Earth: An introduction to physical geology, 8th. Acknowledgments: We thank Michael Wysession, Barry Marsh and John and Kathy Taber for providing information or assistance. The development of this activity was partially supported by after cinema film philosophy, the National Science Foundation. Tour Guide: Provide each student in the class with a copy of the “Tour Guide” that can be produced by printing the next two pages of this document. Trim each image and enlarge each one to fit on one page. Or, print the Tour Guide from the social work of ethics essay .doc (recommended; margins are better) or .pdf files: guide.doc or guide.pdf. Copy (in color or black and white) on the front and back of a sheet of paper. Make copies for the class. Folding the page in “thirds” creates a small brochure that each student can use on the tour and take home to help them remember the information that they learned and their experiences on the Journey to the Center of the Earth.

To generate additional interest in after philosophy the Journey to the Center of the Earth tour, one can make a construction paper “hardhat” (Figures 4 and 5) for the tour leader or for each participant in the tour (the idea of wearing a hat for the tour was provided by John and Kathy Taber). Labels: A set of labels for the stops along the Journey tour is available in the MS Word document: braile/edumod/journey/labels.doc. The labels include a single page to mark the first five stops. Labels that can be placed at the appropriate scaled distance for everlost book report Stop 1 and Stops 6-12 are also included. The label for the first five stops is after essay film philosophy, designed for the 1:100,000 scale (63.7 m scale model). The labels should be printed on card stock paper. Labels for term paper scribd Stops 1 and 6-12 can be folded to make a convenient and after as cavell essay philosophy visible sign. This document at: MS Word format:

HTML format: PDF format: Figure 4. Template for making a “hardhat” (Figure 5) out of construction paper for the Journey to map thesis, the Center of the Earth tour. Figure 5. Photograph of completed construction paper “hardhat.” The templates for the sides and top are given in after film philosophy wittgenstein Figure 4. The two sides are joined to the top with small pieces of transparent tape in the inside of the map thesis hat. The Journey to after as cavell philosophy, the Center of the Earth logo (below) is taped to the front of the report hat with two-sided tape. Table 2. Photographs of rock samples that can be used to represent possible rock types for selected stops in the Earth’s interior*. 6. Iron-Nickel Meteorite. * Photos 1 – 5 courtesy of Barry Marsh, School of Ocean and Earth Science, Southampton Oceanography Center , University of Southampton , UK ; used with permission. For more information and additional rock and mineral sample photographs, see Photo 6 is from NASA, Table 3. Journey to the Center of the Earth and the National Science Education Standards (NSES; National Research Council, 1996).

How standard is addressed in Journey to the Center of the Earth activities (see Procedure and after as cavell essay film philosophy Teaching Strategies section for more details)* Activities include inquiry and opportunities for student involvement (A, B) and provide opportunities for ongoing assessment of student learning (C). The activity provides opportunities and appropriate resource material for essay reviewer teachers to learn about an Earth science topic that is not likely to have been included in their previous educational experiences and that build on their previous knowledge (A, C) and includes suggestions for effective teaching strategies (B). Authentic assessment activities are suggested (C). - Unifying Concepts and.

Processes in Science. Activity provides experience with observation, evidence and explanation, and constancy, change and measurement. - Science as Inquiry. Includes discussion of observations and evidence that result in conclusions about properties and conditions in cinema philosophy the Earth’s interior. - Physical Science Standards. Activity explores properties and changes of properties in matter (Grades 5-8, B). Activity explores structure and thesis the end of an essay properties of matter (Grades 9-12, B). - Earth and Space Science. Activity explores structure of the Earth system (Grades 5-8, D). Activity relates to energy in the Earth system, origin and evolution of the Earth system (Grades 9-12, D).

- History and Nature of as cavell cinema essay philosophy wittgenstein Science. Activity includes discussion of history of essay map thesis science, science as a human endeavor (and a connection to literature) (Grades 5-8, G). Activity includes discussion of after as cavell cinema science as a human endeavor and historical perspectives (and a connection to literature) (Grades 9-12, G). Copyright 2002-2014. L. Essay! Braile and as cavell philosophy S. Braile.

Permission granted for reproduction for non-commercial uses.